PDA

View Full Version : Is this the last we see of Manu and Wade?

Chronz
04-25-2018, 02:10 AM
If so, how will you remember these legendary shooting guards. Both were epic slashers, I'll remember them for their respective series vs Detroit the most (both destroyed a team that Kobe really struggled against and involved their legendary bigs more often) but also for the guts they showed as rookies. Wade goes anywhere from 3-5 on the sg list, manu in the top 10 and prolly the 3rd greatest 6th man in history

Jeffy25
04-25-2018, 02:39 AM
I optimistically hope we see both back next year, along with Dirk and Carter, and all retire after next season together.

Wade, I remember for the chip with Shaq

Manu, I remember as being one of the main glue guys that made SAS so great for so long.

Selfless players are my favorite players.

LaVar Ball
04-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Donít forget Tony Parker

RCarlson85
04-25-2018, 10:46 AM
I really can't see Wade retiring now. I think he would have announced it during the season if he were leaning that way. I expect him to decide to play 1 more year and let that be known this summer. It seemed like he enjoyed the end of the season with the Heat and can come back and play off the bench for 20-25 min. Then he can get the recognition throughout the season that he deserves.

My favorite Wade memory will always be the first championship and his dominance in those finals. One of the greatest finals performances of all time no doubt.

ewing
04-25-2018, 11:22 AM
Kind of hope so. Watching Manu when he doesn't have it makes me sad. On the other hand Wade is a giant tool

Scoots
04-25-2018, 11:27 AM
I can see all of them coming back and I can see all of them leaving. It's going to come down to how they feel and what they are giving up by coming back.

Scoots
04-25-2018, 11:27 AM
Kind of hope so. Watching Manu when he doesn't have it makes me sad. On the other hand Wade is a giant tool

Manu still has 2 or 3 Manu moments every game.

kdspurman
04-25-2018, 11:32 AM
Manu still has 2 or 3 Manu moments every game.

Yup. Watching him in Game 4 was a lot of fun. On top of that, he was probably relied on more heavily than he should be at this point this season. If he can play a few less mins next season, the likelihood of more Manu moments would be higher.

He only knows how to play 1 way, and the "Grandpa juice" (as the Spurs call it) that he brings is contagious.

WaDe03
04-25-2018, 02:43 PM
I don't think so. Wade averaged 17-4-4 in 25 minutes of the bench in the playoffs. Heat were -59 with him off the court, +4 with him on. He was clearly their best player (which says how bad Riley has been lately) and I think he could play this role for a couple years if that's what he actually wants to do. That being said, I'm not sure he wants to stick around and try to carry these guys on bad contracts again so Riley has his work cut out for him this summer.

I also think he wants to break the block record which he almost has so I'm confident he'll be back.

I think Manu returns 1 more year to a team that looks a lot different next year

R. Johnson#3
04-25-2018, 02:44 PM
I think Manu is done after this year and Wade might be back for one more. I'll remember Wade as a generational talent and I'll remember Manu as one of the most underrated players in NBA history.

D-Leethal
04-25-2018, 03:05 PM
Me personally will always remember Wade for the triple double against Kentucky in the tourny and the game winner over the Hornets in the playoffs his rookie year. I loved that dude at Marquette and it trickled into his rookie season. Learned to hate him after that.

D-Leethal
Manu with the long hair vs the Pistons

BKLYNpigeon
I dont think Wade wants to come off the bench.

Manu has another year left on his deal, cash him out.

LOb0
04-25-2018, 06:09 PM
Very soon we will be in a league with no player that played against Michael Jordan. I'm not sure the exact number but:

Jason Terry
Vince Carter
Dirk
Tony Parker
Manu
Richard Jefferson
Pau Gasol.

Pretty much all of these guys could retire at anytime.