PDA

View Full Version : Lebron w/ Sixers Dynamic

HandsOnTheWheel
04-23-2018, 07:34 PM
It has been somewhat floated recently that Ben and Embiid have made no mention about Lebron joining their team when talking about their team/future and how their happy with where their at. If Sixers make the Finals this year (looks like they've got the easiest path early), do they really want James on team? Apparently Ben wants to forge his own legacy without the help of James? Good on him if so, but they do likely have a chance to be at gs level with the addition of James. Thoughts on the possible James to Sixers dynamic?

More-Than-Most
04-23-2018, 07:55 PM
easiest path I strongly disagree with... Not even being a Homer either. The celtics are still a threat so the next tier will be an easier path than dealing with the cavs or raptors but the heat are a pretty bad matchup for us over the bucks/pacers in my opinion. I had this going 6 or 7.

Next round though the celtics are still a threat but Heat/Celtics/Cavs or Raptors is no walk in the park this year compared to other years... The east gets hated on a ton where the west gets over valued a ton... all of these matchups are more competitive than just about any west matchup.

As for lebron... He would fit anywhere... He can come here as long as he knows we arent giving up fultz/saric/ben/embiid... He isnt going to force this teams hand like he did with others... If we are looking for a perfect fit for this team sadly PG13 would probably be the better fit.

mrblisterdundee
04-23-2018, 10:03 PM
Philadelphia needs better guards. The front court is complete.

sixer04fan
04-23-2018, 10:36 PM
We could stay the course and be fine. Simmons will become even more dangerous as he learns to shoot farther away from the rim. His shot has always looked fine. Itís not broken, he just needs to train himself to shoot from outside. Embiid is still tapping into his potential. This will really be the first time in his career entering the summer for a full load offseason program, which is scary to think about.

Whatís really scary is with how dangerous we are now, if Simmons and Embiid (a rookie and sophomore) continue to improve, this season is probably going to be worst Sixers team in the next 5+ years. Plus Fultz and Dario continuing to develop. As long as we can keep rounding out the roster with the right shooters and role players like we have this year, we can stay the course, not sign anyone, and be fine for years to come.

At the same time, we have room to sign max FA like Lebron or Paul George. And/or the assets to trade for another superstar if needed. Iím all for signing someone. Would love to sign either Lebron or George. Iím pro-Lebron. I do believe George might be the better fit, but see James as the superior talent by far. We generally take for granted how ****ing good he is compared to the rest of the league. Even in his latter years. Again, would be happy with either. Iím not at all concerned with the risk of Lebron changing the dynamics of the team. Weíd be a powerful ****ing force with either Lebron or George.

Simmons and Embiid are good, selfless leaders that love sharing the spotlight with each other. There has never been a power struggle between them, and they both buy into the concept of being leaders together. They would be happy to welcome another star to the mix. In the end, winning games is what itís all about. They would want either Lebron or George to come to Philly.

sixer04fan
04-23-2018, 10:46 PM

Weíre changing the concept of positions in Philly. Itís positionless. Itís about role, not forcing five players into the idea of the traditional position labels.

Ben Simmons is 6í10Ē point guard on offense that defends a range of positions on defense. Itís not about needing a better ďguard.Ē We could sign Lebron and start Simmons, Lebron, Covington, Saric, Embiid and they would probably dominate. Thatís a lineup of 4 forwards in the traditional sense and a center. Or rotate Fultz in for Covington or Saric. Or re-sign Redick and get him in there for Cov or Saric.

So Iím really not worried about needing better ďguards,Ē besides depth moves. Shooters, yes. Guards, no. If we can get Lebron, itís still important to try to get Belinelli/Ilyasova/Redick type players on cheap deals to round out the team. But again, if you get Lebron (or Paul George), you can start the best 5 players and youíre still gonna dominate.

mrblisterdundee
04-23-2018, 11:52 PM
Weíre changing the concept of positions in Philly. Itís positionless. Itís about role, not forcing five players into the idea of the traditional position labels.

Philadelphia can be as positionless as it wants. But I'm told that, on average, guard-size players are better shooters and ball handlers/passers than big men. So barring a long shot like George, Kawhi or LeBron, guards are likely where they're going to find the best selection of players with the skills they need.

smoothhooper
04-23-2018, 11:56 PM
lol @ LeBron joining the damn sixers

sixer04fan
04-24-2018, 01:01 AM
Philadelphia can be as positionless as it wants. But I'm told that, on average, guard-size players are better shooters and ball handlers/passers than big men. So barring a long shot like George, Kawhi or LeBron, guards are likely where they're going to find the best selection of players with the skills they need.

The thread is specifically about Lebron joining Philly. It would be positionless and it would be great.

Iím told that, on average, our team would be pretty damn good if he joined our team, despite your analysis of our front court being set and us needing better guards.

mrblisterdundee
04-24-2018, 02:09 AM
The thread is specifically about Lebron joining Philly. It would be positionless and it would be great.
Iím told that, on average, our team would be pretty damn good if he joined our team, despite your analysis of our front court being set and us needing better guards.

I said "barring a long shot like George, Kawhi or LeBron" because players of that caliber are no-brainers. But the Sixers are the weakest at guard, where there's likely going to be better value for them in free agency. Klay is my dream for them.

R. Johnson#3
04-24-2018, 05:42 AM
When I first heard that Simmons didn't want Lebron on the Sixers he immediately became one of my favourite players. He wants a rivalry and that's awesome! Ben is the heir to the throne and I absolutely love the fact that he wants to take it and not have it handed to him. Lebron knows the decline is coming soon so he'll probably want to partner up with some young blood nd these kids won't have it. I really, REALLY hope this sparks a rivalry. As for Lebron, come to the Raptors!

TheDish87
04-24-2018, 08:20 AM
We dont need James, he needs us. Im not about to blow 35mil a year on player who posses the same exact skill set of one of our best players. Im not about to risk Lebron doing Lebron things with his boys and how he kills coaches. Maybe, its different if he leaves the Cavs and he is willing to take a bit of a backseat but i think he is still gonna want to be the man wherever he goes. That said im not gonna complain if we do sign him bcuz i understand it even if i dont want it. It is also amazing that a player of his caliber is considering this team

TheDish87
04-24-2018, 08:21 AM

ummm Simmons/Reddick/Fultz* is pretty damn good

europagnpilgrim
04-24-2018, 08:55 AM
We dont need James, he needs us. Im not about to blow 35mil a year on player who posses the same exact skill set of one of our best players. Im not about to risk Lebron doing Lebron things with his boys and how he kills coaches. Maybe, its different if he leaves the Cavs and he is willing to take a bit of a backseat but i think he is still gonna want to be the man wherever he goes. That said im not gonna complain if we do sign him bcuz i understand it even if i dont want it. It is also amazing that a player of his caliber is considering this team

spoken like a true fanatic, rant about not wanting something and accept it all in the same quote

life of a fanatic...stay in a frenzy my friend

D-Leethal
04-24-2018, 10:00 AM
Philly is better off growing organically. They are going to get their eventually anyway, only Boston is equipped to deal with them over the next 3-5 years. James' trajectory doesn't really line up with theirs. They can leave him in the dust if they just let it happen naturally.

R. Johnson#3
04-24-2018, 11:32 AM

So you don't want Lebron on the Sixers yet you do?

TheDish87
04-24-2018, 11:39 AM
spoken like a true fanatic, rant about not wanting something and accept it all in the same quote

life of a fanatic...stay in a frenzy my friend

i mean, im not gonna boo the best player in the league if hes on my team.

TheDish87
04-24-2018, 11:40 AM
So you don't want Lebron on the Sixers yet you do?

not ever

Jamiecballer
04-24-2018, 12:46 PM
Yea, I'm down with this. There was a speculation thread about 3 months ago on LeBron future and I thought it was a lock LeBron will go there and I still do. Man could probably win championships til the day he retires, health of Embiid willing, of course. that's the big gamble.

I know there is definitely going to be concern over how Ben will be maximized next to Lebron but really, the only point guards Lebron ever played with were sort of garbage players, limited players if you will. And as Lebron comes down the mountain here he could be the shooter benefiting from great passes from Simmons without taxing his body as much as his current role does. He's a smart man, I will get he is viewing things from a multitude of angles.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

GoferKing_
04-24-2018, 04:41 PM
Damn, what is this topic?

IndyRealist
04-24-2018, 04:45 PM
I'm going to play devil's advocate again. Obviously any team that adds Lebron is better off. But how much better? I don't think that much. Part of the reason Golden State works with so many stars is that they are all shooters who can play off the ball. Until Simmons gets range, he's exploitable in that aspect. Lebron is also redundant in a lot of ways with Simmons. There's still only one ball. Lebron has a gravity to him in the same way old Shaq did. He's such a presence on the court, you can't help but constantly put the ball in his hands.

cmellofan15
04-24-2018, 06:35 PM
Go west Bronny

ewing
04-24-2018, 06:38 PM
Canít seem James going to Philly or any other team that is already constructed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heediot
04-24-2018, 06:48 PM

I can see Philly. But based on your opinion, it appears either Cavs or lakers? Going to Philly allows him to age into decline and take a lesser role as the years go along. There will be chemistry issues, but the same can be said of Miami when he signed. Joining Philly gives him the most talent he has ever been on. He's pretty calculative, and I think he chooses Philly based on the chance to add on to his legacy. If they can keep all the shooters JJ, Marco and Ilya, Roco to a smaller extebt. He has Bron ball players if need be.

He'll have to figure out how to play with Ben and joel. One guy needs the ball and is limited off the ball. The other guy needs touches down low and takes up his driving geography. If Bron keeps getting better with his shot and Ben becomes average it can work. There's a lot of talent and bball iq to make it work somewhat. They can just out physical everyone and bully their way, worst case.

IndyRealist
04-24-2018, 08:54 PM

I can -only- see Lebron going to a team that's already constructed. He's tired of carrying teams to the Finals, he wants to coast and let someone else carry him for a while. I don't seem him relying on a bunch of unproven youth to suddenly get better, or trust an organization to build around him. He's going to have to like what he already sees.

Chronz
04-24-2018, 09:27 PM
I can see Philly. But based on your opinion, it appears either Cavs or lakers? Going to Philly allows him to age into decline and take a lesser role as the years go along. There will be chemistry issues, but the same can be said of Miami when he signed. Joining Philly gives him the most talent he has ever been on. He's pretty calculative, and I think he chooses Philly based on the chance to add on to his legacy. If they can keep all the shooters JJ, Marco and Ilya, Roco to a smaller extebt. He has Bron ball players if need be.

He'll have to figure out how to play with Ben and joel. One guy needs the ball and is limited off the ball. The other guy needs touches down low and takes up his driving geography. If Bron keeps getting better with his shot and Ben becomes average it can work. There's a lot of talent and bball iq to make it work somewhat. They can just out physical everyone and bully their way, worst case.
Yeah he made no sense but bron going there would only surprise me if he lost to them or they made the finals.

Jamiecballer
04-24-2018, 10:12 PM

He'll have to figure out how to play with Ben and joel. One guy needs the ball and is limited off the ball. The other guy needs touches down low and takes up his driving geography. If Bron keeps getting better with his shot and Ben becomes average it can work. There's a lot of talent and bball iq to make it work somewhat. They can just out physical everyone and bully their way, worst case.I agree completely. It just feels like the move to make.

ewing
04-25-2018, 09:31 AM

If he get the Lakers to bring in him and PG or something like that. I donít see him going to a team with a pre LeBron established core.

IKnowHoops
04-25-2018, 01:07 PM

I have no doubt heíd take more of a backseat and enjoy playing off of the dominance of Embiid and Ben. You become a diehard Bron fan if this happens.

JLynn943
04-25-2018, 01:30 PM
Moot topic since LeBron will be going to Sacramento anyway ;)

IKnowHoops
04-25-2018, 01:41 PM
Yea, I'm down with this. There was a speculation thread about 3 months ago on LeBron future and I thought it was a lock LeBron will go there and I still do. Man could probably win championships til the day he retires, health of Embiid willing, of course. that's the big gamble.

I know there is definitely going to be concern over how Ben will be maximized next to Lebron but really, the only point guards Lebron ever played with were sort of garbage players, limited players if you will. And as Lebron comes down the mountain here he could be the shooter benefiting from great passes from Simmons without taxing his body as much as his current role does. He's a smart man, I will get he is viewing things from a multitude of angles.

Agree with everything 100%

IKnowHoops
04-25-2018, 01:43 PM
I'm going to play devil's advocate again. Obviously any team that adds Lebron is better off. But how much better? I don't think that much. Part of the reason Golden State works with so many stars is that they are all shooters who can play off the ball. Until Simmons gets range, he's exploitable in that aspect. Lebron is also redundant in a lot of ways with Simmons. There's still only one ball. Lebron has a gravity to him in the same way old Shaq did. He's such a presence on the court, you can't help but constantly put the ball in his hands.

Lebron would need to become a pure scorer for a large portion of the game as Ben would run the offense. Not only do I think he would flourish in that roll, I think there team becomes unstoppable and possibly best ever.

IKnowHoops
04-25-2018, 01:57 PM
This will be like Kareem to the lakers all over again. Damn. Gonna be scary as heck if Embiid stays healthy.

mrblisterdundee
04-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Lebron would need to become a pure scorer for a large portion of the game as Ben would run the offense. Not only do I think he would flourish in that roll, I think there team becomes unstoppable and possibly best ever.

I think people also underestimate how good LeBron could be on defense if he had someone else to run the offense.

Alayla
04-25-2018, 02:19 PM
No thanks i don't want Lebron full stop

BKLYNpigeon
04-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Lebron will take the fun out of the Sixers.

TheDish87
04-25-2018, 03:13 PM

this

CasperX22
04-25-2018, 06:26 PM

100% this. The sixers don't need him either. Keep adding shooters around Simmons and Embiid.

TrustJoseph
04-26-2018, 12:31 AM
I don't know an its hard to say no to a guy who can get you 40 any given night in the playoffs and play great defense and be rested for the first time ever going into every game. As long as he takes a back seat anx realizes this is Simmons Embid and Fultz team first and he's a great player headed towards his end in a few years or so he's going to come in and just have fun playing ball. I think LeBron is 100% capable of doing those thing's, LeBron wants to end his career with more rings than Jordan or anybody if he could and hed have a serious chance to win at least 3-4 with Philly.

PAOboston
04-26-2018, 07:21 AM
I don't know an its hard to say no to a guy who can get you 40 any given night in the playoffs and play great defense and be rested for the first time ever going into every game. As long as he takes a back seat anx realizes this is Simmons Embid and Fultz team first and he's a great player headed towards his end in a few years or so he's going to come in and just have fun playing ball. I think LeBron is 100% capable of doing those thing's, LeBron wants to end his career with more rings than Jordan or anybody if he could and hed have a serious chance to win at least 3-4 with Philly.But then you realize it is LeBron and there is nothing in his ego/persona that will lead you to believe he would do any of that.

If I were the 76ers, I'd either go hard after PG or Leonard. I think they are both better fits/complimentary players to what they have.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Chronz
04-26-2018, 11:42 AM
I think bron knows he's joining the Sixers to finally begin the Duncan rest regimen. Dude wouldn't be the entire offense there, might get to play 31mpg. Stagger his minutes with Simmons so that you always have an elite athletic force running your O

WaDe03
04-26-2018, 11:46 AM
News today is the Sixers are increasingly confident in getting LeBron this summer.

Rain City
04-26-2018, 12:17 PM
Simmons and lebron's talents overlap, not to say it couldn't work, that much talent can overwhelm the league and w/ good coaching and putting egos aside they can contend but its not like he's the missing piece they're looking for.

i like IT for the 6ers. they need a late game closer. Fultz prolly the best chance to develop into that guy since its a guard league and he has the scorers mentality but he still has a long ways to go. IT's value has dropped a lot so if he doesn't recover well i don't think he will come with a team killing contract.

Alayla
04-26-2018, 12:20 PM
Please god have mercy.. signing LeBron is the worst move I can think of for us right now

sixer04fan
04-26-2018, 12:30 PM
IT? Gross, thatís a horrible suggestion. Shooters, athletes, defenders, willing passers and off-ball runners. Pace, space, length and athleticism. Thatís the Sixers way. We would never sign IT, who is basically the polar opposite of how weíre building our identity.

And yes, Lebron and Ben do overlap. Ok, Iíll take 2 Lebrons on my team any day lol. Two absolutely dominant yet unselfish-type superstars. Deal.

SteBO
04-26-2018, 12:30 PM
Please god have mercy.. signing LeBron is the worst move I can think of for us right now
HEAT fans said the same thing after Wade/Bosh committed in 2010.

sixer04fan
04-26-2018, 12:31 PM

I will pray for you to see the light!

Alayla
04-26-2018, 12:35 PM
HEAT fans said the same thing after Wade/Bosh committed in 2010.

I don't really care what heat fans said or what he's done in his carrer I don't want him full stop

WaDe03
04-26-2018, 12:39 PM
I don't really care what heat fans said or what he's done in his carrer I don't want him full stop

Full go, it's happening.

ewing
04-26-2018, 01:11 PM

Are you posting from a CB radio or walkie talkie?

europagnpilgrim
04-26-2018, 01:32 PM

a team with the best most dominant young duo and ripe for a potential ECF trip is somewhat amazing that a still dominant but aged 33 yr old would consider joining basically 21yr old all star /superstar game? that would be easy money for Bron, as would going out West with one of the top 8 playoff teams, easy money for Bron to consider all options that fit his winning now mode, he could literally change the fortunes for about 5-7 states right now who are on the cusp of legit contenders / already there status

europagnpilgrim
04-26-2018, 01:34 PM
Full go, it's happening.

what happened to ''lol, please''?

JLynn943
04-26-2018, 01:52 PM
If LeBron's ego is good with letting Simmons run the offense, it could be a fantastic fit. Like others have said, without the responsibility of being de facto point guard, he could focus a lot more on scoring and defense. It could make everyone's jobs much easier. The biggest risks are with chemistry and LeBron disrupting something good. 76ers are definitely on the rise right now. Are they going to be good enough to win without another major piece? I don't know. They're a very well built team imo. There's no way I'd bring GM/coach LeBron to this team. No team needs the deals he gets his friends.

With LeBron, I think they're a serious contender short term and possibly long term. That long term is the big question to me in this. Are they risking too much when they'd still have to figure out a way to get through GS? Is the risk worth possibly screwing with Simmons' development and either skyrocketing past the cap to keep the young guys later on or losing some of them? As a non-Sixers fan who casually likes them while my team flounders, I want to see them go for it with him. You don't often get a chance at signing one of the all-time greatest players, so I think you trust in his greatness to make it work. I get it if they don't do it, but I think they're very possibly limiting their potential if they go that route.

WaDe03
04-26-2018, 02:04 PM
what happened to ''lol, please''?

He was permabanned, not sure what for.

IKnowHoops
04-26-2018, 02:43 PM
Simmons and lebron's talents overlap, not to say it couldn't work, that much talent can overwhelm the league and w/ good coaching and putting egos aside they can contend but its not like he's the missing piece they're looking for.

i like IT for the 6ers. they need a late game closer. Fultz prolly the best chance to develop into that guy since its a guard league and he has the scorers mentality but he still has a long ways to go. IT's value has dropped a lot so if he doesn't recover well i don't think he will come with a team killing contract.

Yeah like CP3 and Harden...Oops

IKnowHoops
04-26-2018, 02:45 PM
IT? Gross, thatís a horrible suggestion. Shooters, athletes, defenders, willing passers and off-ball runners. Pace, space, length and athleticism. Thatís the Sixers way. We would never sign IT, who is basically the polar opposite of how weíre building our identity.

And yes, Lebron and Ben do overlap. Ok, Iíll take 2 Lebrons on my team any day lol. Two absolutely dominant yet unselfish-type superstars. Deal.

Yeah Exactly lol.
Why would I not want ďawesomeĒ overlapping all over my team.

Havenít we already concluded that 5 Lebrons is the best team u can make?

WaDe03
04-26-2018, 02:57 PM
"No! We don't want the GOAT!"

Yes we do! #trusttheprocess

Heediot
04-26-2018, 03:38 PM
Yeah like CP3 and Harden...Oops

Cp and Harden can both play off the ball and have to be accounted for with their shooting. If Ben can be just average shooting, I think that's enough. Cp and Harden can space out for each other better so the comparison isn't precise.

IKnowHoops
04-26-2018, 03:43 PM
Cp and Harden can both play off the ball and have to be accounted for with their shooting. If Ben can be just average shooting, I think that's enough. Cp and Harden can space out for each other better so the comparison isn't precise.

So

Bron and Simmons can both go to the post and kill. Both can get 15 rebs. There are a host of things they can do that cp3 and James canít do. Point is a lot of overlapping dominance is great.

I think it will be better than CP3 and James so precise was not at all what I was going for.

ewing
04-26-2018, 03:44 PM
you guy will think differently when Tj Mcconnell is making 18 mil per

Alayla
04-26-2018, 03:52 PM
you guy will think differently when Tj Mcconnell is making 18 mil per

when you can replace him from a d leaguer? na even brian colangelo isn't that stupid

ewing
04-26-2018, 03:54 PM
when you can replace him from a d leaguer? na even brian colangelo isn't that stupid

you sign LeBron and he is calling the shots

Heediot
04-26-2018, 03:56 PM
So

Bron and Simmons can both go to the post and kill. Both can get 15 rebs. There are a host of things they can do that cp3 and James canít do. Point is a lot of overlapping dominance is great.

I think it will be better than CP3 and James so precise was not at all what I was going for.

I agree that on talent alone, they can still dominate between the 3. Just be careful in the modern game spacing is premium. 3 guys in the post isn't the right recipe, even 2 guys in the post might disrupt the most cohesiveness. See the Pelicans who play their best with one stud Big in AD, and Denver who play better when Jokic is without Milsap (for the most part). I think they'll figure it out though, Bron and Simmons have good feel for the game which is a plus. All three guys upfront include Joel can really see the floor well so they have that going for them.

Rain City
04-26-2018, 04:13 PM
I posted before that lebron and simmons talent overlap (they do), but by no means i don't think they shouldn't go after him or believe they could contend for a title year 1.

i think the downside would be is signing him going to jeopardize keeping embiid and ben long term? that should be priority.

i think if lebron went there he can somewhat check his ego. maybe finally work more on a low post game. most guys in his draft class are out the door, i think he could welcome deferring. especially after this playoff run could burn him out.

it would be a lot of fun to see him go to philly. my question for them would be who will close out games (especially in playoffs). and I'm not sure i would want getting lebron to come at the cost of not retaining ben or embiid. that is an all time great duo potential.

TheDish87
04-26-2018, 04:28 PM
Embiid has already been extended and Ben would be a RFA and we could go over the cap to keep him. I just dont think lebron is worth the all around hassle

FlashBolt
04-26-2018, 05:20 PM
No team wants to see a lineup of Simmons+Embiid+LeBron where Simmons+LeBron can play 4 different positions each. And that's why a LeBron to Sixers would scare everyone. Add RoCo and Reddick to that lineup and you're looking at a team that can play defense and score against anyone. I'd rather see LeBron with Kawhi but Sixers are not turning down LeBron James.

Sofnr
04-26-2018, 05:25 PM
When the Sixers beat the Cavs in the conference finals, and Lebron then joins them in the offseason, I can only assume all those who despise Durant will have to also despise James.

ewing
04-26-2018, 05:27 PM
When the Sixers beat the Cavs in the conference finals, and Lebron then joins them in the offseason, I can only assume all those who despise Durant will have to also despise James.

they are both hoes

TylerSL
04-27-2018, 02:02 PM
Philadelphia would sign Lebron in a second. Simmons plays a similar style and would need to improve in other areas (namely shooting) to maximize their potential with Lebron, but the upside to acquiring Lebron is far too great to not attempt. Lebron/Simmons/Embiid would rival the likes of Harden/Paul/Capela and Durant/Curry/Klay among the best trios in the league. Philadelphia could even attempt to acquire another star through trade after.

By offering a package of Fultz, picks, and possibly Saric too, they could make a competitive offer to acquire either Kawhi Leonard (if he's available) or attempt a sign-and-trade for Paul George (if he decides to leave OKC). That should be the offseason goal for Philadelphia this offseason. No matter the outcome of the playoffs, I don't believe Philly can make it past the ECF, Philadelphia should attempt to sign Lebron to the max, followed by doing everything they can to get etiher Kawhi or George through trade. Also keep JJ Redick if possible. Trust that process.

TheDish87
04-27-2018, 02:26 PM
why dont you think we can make the finals? We have the best team in the East, Vegas has us a 2nd best but no one trusts Toronto. We dont need to destroy our cap going foe every star possible, we go 10 deep and thats pretty valuable.

IKnowHoops
04-27-2018, 02:28 PM

Wonít happen

IKnowHoops
04-27-2018, 02:31 PM
Philadelphia would sign Lebron in a second. Simmons plays a similar style and would need to improve in other areas (namely shooting) to maximize their potential with Lebron, but the upside to acquiring Lebron is far too great to not attempt. Lebron/Simmons/Embiid would rival the likes of Harden/Paul/Capela and Durant/Curry/Klay among the best trios in the league. Philadelphia could even attempt to acquire another star through trade after.

By offering a package of Fultz, picks, and possibly Saric too, they could make a competitive offer to acquire either Kawhi Leonard (if he's available) or attempt a sign-and-trade for Paul George (if he decides to leave OKC). That should be the offseason goal for Philadelphia this offseason. No matter the outcome of the playoffs, I don't believe Philly can make it past the ECF, Philadelphia should attempt to sign Lebron to the max, followed by doing everything they can to get etiher Kawhi or George through trade. Also keep JJ Redick if possible. Trust that process.

Just add Lebron to the chemistry u already have. That already constructed chemistry is valuable and effective and is how Bron likes to play already. Sizers get Lebron, they are set to be in the finals the next 10 seasons. Itís as simple as that.

IKnowHoops
04-27-2018, 02:37 PM
why dont you think we can make the finals? We have the best team in the East, Vegas has us a 2nd best but no one trusts Toronto. We dont need to destroy our cap going foe every star possible, we go 10 deep and thats pretty valuable.

I understand ur hate for Lebron, but get him, and you will have the GOAT team

D-Leethal
04-27-2018, 02:43 PM
Just add Lebron to the chemistry u already have. That already constructed chemistry is valuable and effective and is how Bron likes to play already. Sizers get Lebron, they are set to be in the finals the next 10 seasons. Itís as simple as that.

Yea, because all-stars really maximize their games around LeBron. Embiid will be parked in the corner, Simmons will get leftover opportunities late in the clock after LeBron drives and kicks, like Kyrie did.

That said, the TEAM will dominate, but Simmons and Embiid will both have to water their games down a ton to make it work.

IKnowHoops
04-27-2018, 02:47 PM
Yea, because all-stars really maximize their games around LeBron. Embiid will be parked in the corner, Simmons will get leftover opportunities late in the clock after LeBron drives and kicks, like Kyrie did.

That said, the TEAM will dominate, but Simmons and Embiid will both have to water their games down a ton to make it work.

No, not at this stage

TylerSL
04-27-2018, 03:26 PM

The best team in the East is the Toronto Raptors, the best player (by alot) is Lebron. They are really good, and I could be proven wrong, but I see them losing to either the Cavs or Raptors.

TheDish87
04-27-2018, 04:06 PM
I understand ur hate for Lebron, but get him, and you will have the GOAT team

this has nothing to do with hate, i never said i hate lebron in this thread in fact. we dont need him, he needs us.

ewing
04-27-2018, 04:06 PM
The best team in the East is the Toronto Raptors, the best player (by alot) is Lebron. They are really good, and I could be proven wrong, but I see them losing to either the Cavs or Raptors.

Sixers are going to the finals.

TheDish87
04-27-2018, 04:09 PM

sure, Lebron is the best player but the rest of the team stinks and the Sixers have a better team and coach. Sure Toronto has been the best team but they havent gotten it done in the playoffs and i think we match up great with them anyway and have been playing better ball in 2018 by a noticeable margin. im not saying the sixers will win the east but its sure as hell no smart to just write us off.

ewing
04-27-2018, 04:35 PM
sure, Lebron is the best player but the rest of the team stinks and the Sixers have a better team and coach. Sure Toronto has been the best team but they havent gotten it done in the playoffs and i think we match up great with them anyway and have been playing better ball in 2018 by a noticeable margin. im not saying the sixers will win the east but its sure as hell no smart to just write us off.

They are winning the East. Book it

CasperX22
04-27-2018, 04:38 PM
this has nothing to do with hate, i never said i hate lebron in this thread in fact. we dont need him, he needs us.

100%

sixer04fan
04-27-2018, 04:55 PM

Who cares who needs each other? Lebron would make us a greater team than we would be without him. Heís the most dominating player in the NBA, arguably ever. ďWe donít need him, he needs us.Ē Like, what? Thatís a good reason not to want him? That just sounds so juvenile and petty.

tp13baby
04-27-2018, 05:20 PM
easiest path I strongly disagree with... Not even being a Homer either. The celtics are still a threat so the next tier will be an easier path than dealing with the cavs or raptors but the heat are a pretty bad matchup for us over the bucks/pacers in my opinion. I had this going 6 or 7.

Next round though the celtics are still a threat but Heat/Celtics/Cavs or Raptors is no walk in the park this year compared to other years... The east gets hated on a ton where the west gets over valued a ton... all of these matchups are more competitive than just about any west matchup.

As for lebron... He would fit anywhere... He can come here as long as he knows we arent giving up fultz/saric/ben/embiid... He isnt going to force this teams hand like he did with others... If we are looking for a perfect fit for this team sadly PG13 would probably be the better fit.

Well yeah when you have GS and Houston in the conference you are going to see pure domination. Minnesota healthy would likely compete for the East. If Butler never got injured they probably take the 3 seed and donít get bounced.

IKnowHoops
04-29-2018, 08:12 PM
Who cares who needs each other? Lebron would make us a greater team than we would be without him. Heís the most dominating player in the NBA, arguably ever. ďWe donít need him, he needs us.Ē Like, what? Thatís a good reason not to want him? That just sounds so juvenile and petty.

This guy gets it. Both parties benefit greatly thatís why itís a great situation. Without each other, there is no chance to beat GS so...

FlashBolt
04-29-2018, 10:10 PM
"We don't need LeBron. He needs us."

LeBron joins the Rockets.

"Damn, I wish LeBron signed with the Sixers.. Ben+LeBron+Embiid, imagine..!"

TheDish87
04-30-2018, 08:53 AM

no, its an honest, accurate take. We dont need him at his cost, he doesnt fit our style, and he will take too much away from Simmons who cant play off the ball. Keep the depth and shooting, we are better off.

Alayla
04-30-2018, 09:09 AM
"We don't need LeBron. He needs us."

LeBron joins the Rockets.

"Damn, I wish LeBron signed with the Sixers.. Ben+LeBron+Embiid, imagine..!"

No thanks on lebron he won't work with ben and Ben is legit

sixer04fan
04-30-2018, 09:22 AM
no, its an honest, accurate take. We dont need him at his cost, he doesnt fit our style, and he will take too much away from Simmons who cant play off the ball. Keep the depth and shooting, we are better off.

So you think we would be a worse team with Lebron James? Or are you arguing that giving a max contract to Paul George instead of Lebron James is somehow money better spent?

And how doesnít he fit our style exactly, because his game wonít primarily revolve around catching and shooting threes off Simmons? Because heíll take the ball away from Ben? I guess Fultz doesnít fit our style either. And I guess Simmons, a rookie, is a finished product who shouldnít work on expanding other parts of his game.

What about Lebronís ability to defend all positions? What about his rebounding? What about his passing? What about his speed and athleticism? What about the transition offense? Transition defense? His ability to create his own shot or score on his own from anywhere on the floor? Taking pressure and double teams off Embiid? All things Lebron is elite at... Are those not things we need or could use? Or things that could fit into our style? Things that would make us a better team than we are now?

And what about the part you keep saying that ďLebron needs us.Ē I ask again, who cares lol. Why does that matter? How could that possibly influence the reasoning to not want him?

TheDish87
04-30-2018, 09:46 AM
I do think PG is a better natural fit with what we have and hes 5 years younger than James. Simmons is gonna take more then a few years to get a consistent jumper down and thats just to hit the open ones teams give him compared to becoming an off the ball threat. No one is denying James greatness but you cant ignore the baggage he brings bcuz hes done nothing but kill coaches and get his boys signed and overpaid. Sign James to a 35mil a year max kills our flexibility going forward and then you have him til hes 37, no thanks. Now if he wants to take a back seat? again, no thanks im not maxing you out to be my 3rd option. Last I recall he made it very clear he wants a full max for the first time in his career too so i dont wanna hear thte noise of him taking anything less.

Would we be the favorites with James to win the east? no doubt. Would be be the fav to win the east without him? no doubt.

IKnowHoops
04-30-2018, 09:52 AM
I do think PG is a better natural fit with what we have and hes 5 years younger than James. Simmons is gonna take more then a few years to get a consistent jumper down and thats just to hit the open ones teams give him compared to becoming an off the ball threat. No one is denying James greatness but you cant ignore the baggage he brings bcuz hes done nothing but kill coaches and get his boys signed and overpaid. Sign James to a 35mil a year max kills our flexibility going forward and then you have him til hes 37, no thanks. Now if he wants to take a back seat? again, no thanks im not maxing you out to be my 3rd option. Last I recall he made it very clear he wants a full max for the first time in his career too so i dont wanna hear thte noise of him taking anything less.

Would we be the favorites with James to win the east? no doubt. Would be be the fav to win the east without him? no doubt.

Youíd be favorites to win the ring with him and not even be close to favorites without him. Donít sell yourself short to try and make half a point.

sixer04fan
04-30-2018, 10:00 AM
ďHeís done nothing but kill coaches and get his boys overpaid.Ē That says all I need to know about you having any chance for a rational conversation about Lebron lol.

You keep making these double standard arguments. You donít want to sign Lebron to a max because it hurts flexibility. But you do want to sign Paul George to a max. You donít want to sign Lebron to a max to be a third option. But you would sign Paul George to a max to be a third option.

And you keep ignoring all the things Lebron is elite at. ďNo one is denying his greatness,Ē you say. Yet you refuse to acknowledge the things heís great at as potential reasons for why signing him would be good for the Sixers. Thatís called willful ignorance.

sixer04fan
04-30-2018, 10:15 AM
Youíd be favorites to win the ring with him and not even be close to favorites without him. Donít sell yourself short to try and make half a point.

Donít agree with this. Simmons/Embiid with the right cast can potentially take down anyone in the near future, including GS. They are only in their 1st and 2nd years playing in NBA games and the entire league is already on notice. Itís not a pipe dream. Itís very realistic.

But I also think itís stupidity to not want Lebron James on any team in the NBA lol. Itís like not wanting Michael Jordan on your team.

TheDish87
04-30-2018, 11:03 AM
https://94wip.radio.com/keep-lebron-james-away-76ers

TheDish87
04-30-2018, 11:05 AM
ďHeís done nothing but kill coaches and get his boys overpaid.Ē That says all I need to know about you having any chance for a rational conversation about Lebron lol.

You keep making these double standard arguments. You donít want to sign Lebron to a max because it hurts flexibility. But you do want to sign Paul George to a max. You donít want to sign Lebron to a max to be a third option. But you would sign Paul George to a max to be a third option.

And you keep ignoring all the things Lebron is elite at. ďNo one is denying his greatness,Ē you say. Yet you refuse to acknowledge the things heís great at as potential reasons for why signing him would be good for the Sixers. Thatís called willful ignorance.

none of this is ignorance, we are still in the playoffs so im going on some long winded convos on this topic.

Heediot
04-30-2018, 11:11 AM

If they add PG they would probably be 2nd favorites for the title so he has a point.

OTOH if they add LeBron it's neck and neck with GS for the trophy. I would still probably have GS as slight favorites, due to chemistry and being together for longer.

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 04:04 PM
No thanks on lebron he won't work with ben and Ben is legit

Let's see how legit Ben is when they are playing vs the Warriors or a LeBron+Harden Rockets.. Then you guys will be crying in tears that your team "could've been."

Alayla
04-30-2018, 05:03 PM
Let's see how legit Ben is when they are playing vs the Warriors or a LeBron+Harden Rockets.. Then you guys will be crying in tears that your team "could've been."

such shortsighted thinking idk about you but i appericate Hinkies approach of having the longest view in the room

colinskik
04-30-2018, 05:35 PM
So you think we would be a worse team with Lebron James? Or are you arguing that giving a max contract to Paul George instead of Lebron James is somehow money better spent?

And how doesnít he fit our style exactly, because his game wonít primarily revolve around catching and shooting threes off Simmons? Because heíll take the ball away from Ben? I guess Fultz doesnít fit our style either. And I guess Simmons, a rookie, is a finished product who shouldnít work on expanding other parts of his game.

What about Lebronís ability to defend all positions? What about his rebounding? What about his passing? What about his speed and athleticism? What about the transition offense? Transition defense? His ability to create his own shot or score on his own from anywhere on the floor? Taking pressure and double teams off Embiid? All things Lebron is elite at... Are those not things we need or could use? Or things that could fit into our style? Things that would make us a better team than we are now?

And what about the part you keep saying that ďLebron needs us.Ē I ask again, who cares lol. Why does that matter? How could that possibly influence the reasoning to not want him?

We've all seen how Lebron diminishes the impact of his teammates -- even his All Star teammates, from Wade to Bosh to Love.

As you said, Simmons is no where near a finished product. Why would you want to add someone to the team who will 100% slow down Simmons' evolution and potentially stunt his growth completely. I truly think the Sixers will be a force as currently constructed, and I'm excited to see how dominant they'll become with this unit. It's entirely plausible they could dethrone the Warriors if this squad has some time to mesh and gain chemistry.

Sure, Lebron's will put his stamp on any team with his basketball IQ, his defensive awareness, and his leadership. But he will also halt any significant improvement to BS and his abilities, which at this point look like a young Lebron in the making.

On top of all that, no true NBA fan should be rooting for the continuation of these ultra super teams. By rejecting Lebron, the Sixers will be making a significant statement to the rest of the league. If Lebron wants to join forces with other top players, let him go to HOU so we can all watch the frustration when he realizes there aren't enough balls for him, Harden, and CP3 to be content.

Chronz
04-30-2018, 07:30 PM
What would be so different than the wade partnership? Remember in year 1 they really shared the load. I just don't want to see ben become a stretch 5

More-Than-Most
04-30-2018, 07:43 PM
you people dont want this to happen trust me...If you think I am insufferable now just wait until we get the basketball love of my life.

Alayla
04-30-2018, 07:45 PM
you people dont want this to happen trust me...If you think I am insufferable now just wait until we get the basketball love of my life.

you always have been insufferable but that has a twisted charm

D-Leethal
04-30-2018, 07:51 PM
What would be so different than the wade partnership? Remember in year 1 they really shared the load. I just don't want to see ben become a stretch 5

Wade had the 1:1 mid range game to do his thing off LeBron kickouts. Not much different than how Kyrie got his, except Kyrie was a better 3 point shooter than Wade. Not sure Ben has the ability to create from the edges on a short clock like Wade and Kyrie would.

FlashBolt
04-30-2018, 10:03 PM
such shortsighted thinking idk about you but i appericate Hinkies approach of having the longest view in the room

It's not short-sighted at all. LeBron on the Sixers turns them into a top five NBA team automatically and arguably, a top three favorite to win it all. Without LeBron, you guys are a few years away from Ben actually being an NBA superstar. As it is, Ben is just a very good guard but he's not up there with the elite players. Embiid is but the guy's health is still something you have to be cautious with. Not only does signing LeBron make you guys instant title contenders but as LeBron's career begins to decline, Ben is ready to pick up the slack and possibly bump LeBron as a better player.

IKnowHoops
04-30-2018, 11:58 PM
Donít agree with this. Simmons/Embiid with the right cast can potentially take down anyone in the near future, including GS. They are only in their 1st and 2nd years playing in NBA games and the entire league is already on notice. Itís not a pipe dream. Itís very realistic.

But I also think itís stupidity to not want Lebron James on any team in the NBA lol. Itís like not wanting Michael Jordan on your team.

Future...I was referring to next season. I think you are favorites with Lebron but get beat for sure by GS in 4-5 next season without him.

IKnowHoops
05-01-2018, 12:00 AM
If they add PG they would probably be 2nd favorites for the title so he has a point.

OTOH if they add LeBron it's neck and neck with GS for the trophy. I would still probably have GS as slight favorites, due to chemistry and being together for longer.

If you donít have them as favs with Lebron, then he has no point because they got no chance with PG13 in his place based on that logic.

IKnowHoops
05-01-2018, 12:03 AM
We've all seen how Lebron diminishes the impact of his teammates -- even his All Star teammates, from Wade to Bosh to Love.

As you said, Simmons is no where near a finished product. Why would you want to add someone to the team who will 100% slow down Simmons' evolution and potentially stunt his growth completely. I truly think the Sixers will be a force as currently constructed, and I'm excited to see how dominant they'll become with this unit. It's entirely plausible they could dethrone the Warriors if this squad has some time to mesh and gain chemistry.

Sure, Lebron's will put his stamp on any team with his basketball IQ, his defensive awareness, and his leadership. But he will also halt any significant improvement to BS and his abilities, which at this point look like a young Lebron in the making.

On top of all that, no true NBA fan should be rooting for the continuation of these ultra super teams. By rejecting Lebron, the Sixers will be making a significant statement to the rest of the league. If Lebron wants to join forces with other top players, let him go to HOU so we can all watch the frustration when he realizes there aren't enough balls for him, Harden, and CP3 to be content.

Lebron/Simmons pick and roll 🙌

IKnowHoops
05-01-2018, 12:05 AM

Iím not quite sure what you will become, especially when the dominance translates.

Heediot
05-01-2018, 01:28 PM
If you donít have them as favs with Lebron, then he has no point because they got no chance with PG13 in his place based on that logic.

Basketball has other variables besides talent. Based on talent Philly should be the best with bron. But chemistry and fit also matter. That's why gs is still arguably favored in this scenario. George is also a nice fit in Philly, so u have to account for the chemistry factor in the pg dynamic. They have a shot to beat gs with both guys imo. Chemistry and length with pg can counter gs. Philly has more size and athletes and if all the current shooters stay enough range and spacing. They will also be a top defense adding George. They will be a top defense with bron too and could probably counter with bully ball and athleticism vs. Gs. Better chance with bron but still legit chance with pg.

FlashBolt
05-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Basketball has other variables besides talent. Based on talent Philly should be the best with bron. But chemistry and fit also matter. That's why gs is still arguably favored in this scenario. George is also a nice fit in Philly, so u have to account for the chemistry factor in the pg dynamic. They have a shot to beat gs with both guys imo. Chemistry and length with pg can counter gs. Philly has more size and athletes and if all the current shooters stay enough range and spacing. They will also be a top defense adding George. They will be a top defense with bron too and could probably counter with bully ball and athleticism vs. Gs. Better chance with bron but still legit chance with pg.

LeBron's reputation, mentality, and the total package far outweighs Paul George's "fit" advantage. I never understood this fit advantage when comparing the best player vs an All-Star. Paul George is not a superstar. LeBron changes a franchise from his presence. Paul George doesn't.

Heediot
05-01-2018, 07:41 PM
LeBron's reputation, mentality, and the total package far outweighs Paul George's "fit" advantage. I never understood this fit advantage when comparing the best player vs an All-Star. Paul George is not a superstar. LeBron changes a franchise from his presence. Paul George doesn't.

I agree LeBron will still make u better then Paul. Just don't underestimate fit and chemistry. Pg3 fit is nice on paper. This is not anti LeBron it's more pro chemistry. Whoever said Philly can still be champ contenders with George has a legit case imo.

TheDish87
05-02-2018, 07:48 AM
Also PG is 6 years younger then James. i think thats pretty important when you factor in his fit and lack of baggage.

Chronz
05-02-2018, 03:07 PM
Chemistry don't matter that much. Like so many tried telling me kyrie was a better compliment to lebron but the fact remained wade and bron were the more productive duo. 2 brons is better than 1 and a Paul George. Definitely way better than 2pgs. Talent like this cannot be underestimated, philly will gobble on Brons nuts this offseason

Chronz
05-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Also PG is 6 years younger then James. i think thats pretty important when you factor in his fit and lack of baggage.
Paul already suffered his career altering injury, how long till he actually becomes a better player than James. I think James couldage gracefully there

TheDish87
05-02-2018, 03:16 PM
we dont need PG or anyone to be better then James though. Why go for the player who is nearing his decline rather then a PG or KL whose in their prime. We arent looking for someone to be the man here, we have that in Embiid. Pay Lebron til hes 37 or pay KL or Pg til they are 31?

Chronz
05-02-2018, 04:06 PM
we dont need PG or anyone to be better then James though. Why go for the player who is nearing his decline rather then a PG or KL whose in their prime. We arent looking for someone to be the man here, we have that in Embiid. Pay Lebron til hes 37 or pay KL or Pg til they are 31?

Would you rather have a player in his prime, or the better player? Be the man? Dude this is a league where the past 4 mvps have played with one another. You ain't winning with 1 guy being the man and if you are, why not get the better man?

Coincidentally, hasn't bron hard a superior season thanthe last whereas pg had a set back seasonby comparison

D-Leethal
05-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Chemistry don't matter that much. Like so many tried telling me kyrie was a better compliment to lebron but the fact remained wade and bron were the more productive duo. 2 brons is better than 1 and a Paul George. Definitely way better than 2pgs. Talent like this cannot be underestimated, philly will gobble on Brons nuts this offseason

Of course it will work, on sheer talent alone they will dominate the East and compete with GSW. But is it worth putting a muzzle on Simmons (and Embiid which isn't talked about enough) to let LeBron run the show? When they are probably gonna dominate soon without LeBron anyway? We all know LeBron is gonna dominate the ball control, the playmaking, the spotlight, and the coaching staff. We all know everyone else is going to be put into less-than-prime positions to cater to LeBron's penetration game. We've seen this song and dance too many times. Embiid in the corner, Simmons working with leftovers.

Jayb587
05-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Bron is going to LA with George. It's where he and his family want to live. And where he can play the style of basketball he loves. 3 knocks that will take philly out of consideration.

-philadelphia is on the opposite coast of where bron and more importantly his family want to live.
-ben does the same thing as LeBron and refuses to take a jump shot. What purpose does he serve playing with LeBron?
-embiid can be a black hole and lane clogger. Both of which bron doesn't need.

Jayb587
05-02-2018, 08:14 PM

Lebron until he is 37 easy. George doesn't even compare to LeBron. 36 year old bron is probably still better than 26 year old George

IKnowHoops
05-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Of course it will work, on sheer talent alone they will dominate the East and compete with GSW. But is it worth putting a muzzle on Simmons (and Embiid which isn't talked about enough) to let LeBron run the show? When they are probably gonna dominate soon without LeBron anyway? We all know LeBron is gonna dominate the ball control, the playmaking, the spotlight, and the coaching staff. We all know everyone else is going to be put into less-than-prime positions to cater to LeBron's penetration game. We've seen this song and dance too many times. Embiid in the corner, Simmons working with leftovers.

U are completely wrong about Lebron. He wants to play with embiid and Simmons so that they can do all the heavy lifting. Heís tired of carrying everything. He wants the easy buckets from Dimmons who will find him every time. You are underestimating the high IQ of both Bron and Simmons and what both of them can/will do for each otherís games. I keep hearing Dimmons is a better passer than Bron...if so they will love each other.

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 04:16 AM
I'm going to die laughing if Philly doesn't offer LeBron a spot and Celtics come right in and give LeBron a spot and Celtics proceed to dominate Philly because they didn't want LeBron. Hope it happens.

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 04:18 AM
U are completely wrong about Lebron. He wants to play with embiid and Simmons so that they can do all the heavy lifting. Heís tired of carrying everything. He wants the easy buckets from Dimmons who will find him every time. You are underestimating the high IQ of both Bron and Simmons and what both of them can/will do for each otherís games. I keep hearing Dimmons is a better passer than Bron...if so they will love each other.

LeBron 6'8
Simmons 6'11
Embiid 7'

Idk what these people are referring to in terms of fit. How does Houston fit CP3/Harden any better than LeBron/Simmons would? People keep talking about fit when Simmons/LeBron have sheer physical advantages that would obliterate any fit advantages a team has against them.

sixer04fan
05-03-2018, 09:03 AM
LeBron 6'8
Simmons 6'11
Embiid 7'

Idk what these people are referring to in terms of fit. How does Houston fit CP3/Harden any better than LeBron/Simmons would? People keep talking about fit when Simmons/LeBron have sheer physical advantages that would obliterate any fit advantages a team has against them.

Completely agree.

sixer04fan
05-03-2018, 09:04 AM
Lebron until he is 37 easy. George doesn't even compare to LeBron. 36 year old bron is probably still better than 26 year old George

Completely agree.

D-Leethal
05-03-2018, 09:09 AM
LeBron 6'8
Simmons 6'11
Embiid 7'

What does height have to do with anything?

Embiid - grade A post/mid post player
LeBron - turns every post/mid post player into a 3 point shooter

Simmons - plays high pick and roll, downhill ball and can't shoot outside of 10 feet
LeBron - plays high pick and roll, downhill ball and requires every other man 1-5 to spread the court around the 3 point line.

Harden has played off dominant PGs before and is and ACE 3 point shooter, and CP3 is also a top notch shooter that is the difference.

If you think LeBron wants to turn into a jump shooter than we have nothing to argue. I don't think he has any intention of doing that or changing his game. Not out of selfishness really, but because he is the 2nd best player ever and other should adjust their game to him. That's just how it goes.

ewing
05-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Would the Sixers be better with LeBron? Of course. He is an all time great player. Would LeBron demand the offensive run through him more then the other young stars might like? Probably.

D-Leethal
05-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Again, no one is arguing it won't work. It will. We are arguing the sacrifices Simmons and Embiid will have to make to cater to LeBron. There is no evidence whatsoever that LeBron will be the one making the sacrifices. And do you want to put a muzzle on your two budding young superstars for a 35 year old who is gonna sign 1+1 deals every year and leave at the first sign of struggle or drama?

D-Leethal
05-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Would the Sixers be better with LeBron? Of course. He is an all time great player. Would LeBron demand the offensive run through him more then the other young stars might like? Probably.

Beat me to it.

sixer04fan
05-03-2018, 09:30 AM
I'm going to die laughing if Philly doesn't offer LeBron a spot and Celtics come right in and give LeBron a spot and Celtics proceed to dominate Philly because they didn't want LeBron. Hope it happens.

Could be Boston, but not sure with Kyrie. But yeah. Completely agree with the premise.

The winning championships game is a constant arms race between contenders. You need to load up when you have the rare opportunity to do so, or another contender will steal the ammunition for themselves.

If Lebron went to Boston, hypothetically, they could beat us in the East for the next 3-5 years. Or make it a hell of a lot harder for us. There are no guarantees for the Sixers. It could be Boston, it could be Houston, it could be somewhere else, it could be staying in Cleveland and signing/trading for other stars.

Heediot
05-03-2018, 09:38 AM
Again, no one is arguing it won't work. It will. We are arguing the sacrifices Simmons and Embiid will have to make to cater to LeBron. There is no evidence whatsoever that LeBron will be the one making the sacrifices. And do you want to put a muzzle on your two budding young superstars for a 35 year old who is gonna sign 1+1 deals every year and leave at the first sign of struggle or drama?

Exactly. I don't know why their can't be a balance of opinions, and people looking at both sides of the coin. I don't see the problem with relaying potential pitfalls of him signing or potential blessings of other possibilities. I would sign James first, but It's not the end of the world if they signed a guy like PG.

sixer04fan
05-03-2018, 09:42 AM
Exactly. I don't know why their can't be a balance of opinions, and people looking at both sides of the coin. I don't see the problem with relaying potential pitfalls of him signing or potential blessings of other possibilities. I would sign James first, but It's not the end of the world if they signed a guy like PG.

I donít think anyone disagrees with this except for maybe like 1-2 people from each side.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2018, 09:43 AM
LeBron 6'8
Simmons 6'11
Embiid 7'

Itís the same old story. Guys hate Bron = Go with any narrative that goes against Bron. Thankfully the sixes are about the $$ and will jump at the chance to get Bron if available so, Iím not worried about a few misguided fans.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2018, 09:45 AM

Simmons - plays high pick and roll, downhill ball and can't shoot outside of 10 feet
LeBron - plays high pick and roll, downhill ball and requires every other man 1-5 to spread the court around the 3 point line.

Harden has played off dominant PGs before and is and ACE 3 point shooter, and CP3 is also a top notch shooter that is the difference.

If you think LeBron wants to turn into a jump shooter than we have nothing to argue. I don't think he has any intention of doing that or changing his game. Not out of selfishness really, but because he is the 2nd best player ever and other should adjust their game to him. That's just how it goes.

In the sport of basketball...did this guy just ask...what does height have to do with anything? Bro. Give it up for today. Come back tomorrow, your brain stopped working...itís out of juice...you need to recharge.

TheDish87
05-03-2018, 09:46 AM

when did he ever say this, do you have a quote?

Heediot
05-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Itís the same old story. Guys hate Bron = Go with any narrative that goes against Bron. Thankfully the sixes are about the $$ and will jump at the chance to get Bron if available so, Iím not worried about a few misguided fans.

How many times do you change your tune to anything that happens to LeBron and his roster?. First game after the trade deadline, you were saying they are going to dominate with the new acquisitions, now what? Getting rid of Kyrie was a good thing, now what? The Cavs clearly miss the way defenses have to defend a guy like Kyrie and his ability to score and create looks from anywhere on the floor. Anything Lebron related for you = give Bron the benefit of the doubt, and think of the best case scenarios that can happen with him.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2018, 09:53 AM

No Bron wants to win easier. Jump shooter? Bron can do anything he wants out there and Simmons will make it all easier for him. He wants to get set up,the way he sets up others.

TheDish87
05-03-2018, 11:58 AM
hes only ever wanted to win the easy way lol

Chronz
05-03-2018, 12:29 PM
In my other post to you, I meant to say I don't wan't Embiid parked in the corner, agreed on that front. Still this league is about spacing so he will obviously get those reps and yes it is for thebest, but tbh, I think this will be a different iteration of bron. He's advanced his skill game, and he pounded the ball less in Miami than any Cleveland stint, he'll likely do what wade eventually did and become an adept cutter on top of already being a superior shooter, rebounder and defender. I think he comes to philly to play like 31mpg and finally get that Duncan regimen.

As for Simmons, just stagger them ala cp3 and harden, I mean have you seen the numbers cp3 puts up without harden, they rival what harden put up when he was in okc but without the other 2 primary options. Which leads me to my point, to win big in this league, you need supreme overlap or perfect chemistry/fit. KD going to GS only exasperated the problem to degrees we've never seen.

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 01:03 PM

Height has EVERYTHING to do with it. Matchups in a game matter and simply put, a lineup with Embiid, Bron, and Simmons will have a dominant advantage in size, speed, athleticism, and skill. You make it seem as if LeBron can't adjust his game. Great players make adjustments all the time. When the Sixers go up against the Warriors or Rockets, do you honestly think they'll do better with PG than with LeBron? The size matters. It matters to the point where fit isn't as important as the advantage they'll get from playing versatile positions with two players in Bron/Simmons who can switch from PF to PG on any given possession. Look, I get the fit argument. It makes sense. But there is no scenario where you give up the best player in the league to get a borderline, top 15 NBA player in the league. None. If your argument is Kawhi, fine, I'll agree with that. But I still believe LeBron on the Sixers will be their best option looking forward. Plus, you ignore that Sixers have shooters. Embiid, J.J (if they resign), and RoCo are good shooters. Buddy, look at the Cavs.. Many of the players on that roster can't even shoot as well. Ben not being able to shoot is not the end-all, be-all. It's something he should work on but here's the thing people don't realize about LeBron.

1) He was great at catch-and-shoot threes with Miami. That's when they had the best ball movement in his career and he wasn't dominating every possession.
2) He is great at cutting to the basket for a lob, layup, or making the extra pass once he collapses a defense after receiving a pass.
3) He can be a lockdown defender if he's not expected to dominate the offensive end of the game every possession. Richard Jefferson said it best on an interview very recently. LeBron has to stop playing defense at times because they need him to play well offensively to have a chance. It's a sacrifice Cavs have to make because they don't have the offensive talent that other elite teams have. If LeBron is on the Sixers, I am willing to bet he becomes a top five perimeter defender once again.
4) LeBron can start playing back in the post again. Since LeBron has to worry about facilitating and figuring out where his teammates are at the court, he's usually bringing up the ball and starts the offense at the top of the key. This is just tiring and ineffective for a player who is heading to his mid 30's. As LeBron ages, him playing in the post will prolong his career and let Ben take more responsibilities. There is no scenario where right now, Ben is ready to lead the Sixers. Sorry, but he's not ready. He needs a few more years and playing behind and learning from LeBron will prepare him for that.

I can't imagine being a Sixers fan and not having LeBron as my #1 target. I would be disappointed if Sixers as a franchise don't make that a priority. This is your chance to speed up the Process and make it Reality. Don't blow it.

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 01:06 PM
Btw, for those saying LeBron will just come in and shove Ben aside. He respects the dude.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/11/30/lebron-james-ben-simmons-opportunity-be-better

Does that sound like someone who will pound the ball and turn Ben into a bystander at the three point line?

warfelg
05-03-2018, 01:13 PM
On the size thing:
1) PG is like 6í8Ē-6í9Ē anyways.
2) 4 of our 5 starters are 6í8Ē and taller as is anyways. So itís not like we arenít used to playing with that size.

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 01:20 PM
On the size thing:
2) 4 of our 5 starters are 6í8Ē and taller as is anyways. So itís not like we arenít used to playing with that size.

PG doesn't weigh very much for his size. It's not even close. He might be as tall but the physical advantages LeBron has over PG is unquestionably a huge difference.

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 01:20 PM
On the size thing:

And how many are as talented as LeBron at creating mismatches?

IKnowHoops
05-03-2018, 02:22 PM
hes only ever wanted to win the easy way lol

Exactly! What everyone wants. Unfortunately heís had to carry more than anyone ever.

TheDish87
05-03-2018, 02:25 PM
yea, no not everyone. Hell, Embiid has already said he doesnt want to add anyone major to the team.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2018, 02:33 PM
yea, no not everyone. Hell, Embiid has already said he doesnt want to add anyone major to the team.

Sure he donít want Bron😂

ewing
05-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Exactly! What everyone wants. Unfortunately heís had to carry more than anyone ever.

Poor LeBron

Chronz
05-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Probably, but how old does he haveto get till he understands his new place in the league? I really don't think he's like melo

Chronz
05-03-2018, 02:36 PM
Poor LeBron

Yes you blank insult. Show me ANYONE whos won as much with so little. You'll find his situations very distinct from other old timers who lucked and grew into prime destinations

Chronz
05-03-2018, 02:38 PM
He's in year 1 as a full time guy. What's he suppose to say? Show no confidence in case bron doesn't go there. He's nothing compared to the potential that is lebron. What's hilarious isthat i don't even like the guy, it's just decadesof falsehoods that have forcedme yo defend him

ewing
05-03-2018, 02:39 PM
Probably, but how old does he haveto get till he understands his new place in the league? I really don't think he's like melo

LeBron going to do whatever he feels like.

Chronz
05-03-2018, 02:44 PM
LeBron going to do whatever he feels like.

That's usually very successful.

ewing
05-03-2018, 02:50 PM
That's usually very successful.

agreed, but lets not pretend Ben Simmons feelings would matter

Chronz
05-03-2018, 02:54 PM
agreed, but lets not pretend Ben Simmons feelings would matter
You guys pretend to know. What if bron is more self aware than you imagine?

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 03:00 PM

I can already see the excuses, honestly.

"LeBron doesn't fit the Sixers. He would take away the ball from Ben Simmons."

Sixers end up winning the championship:

"LeBron only joins stacked teams where he knows he can win. What a loser."

ewing
05-03-2018, 03:12 PM
I can already see the excuses, honestly.

"LeBron doesn't fit the Sixers. He would take away the ball from Ben Simmons."

Sixers end up winning the championship:

"LeBron only joins stacked teams where he knows he can win. What a loser."

Both those things would likely happen. Simmons would be limited and may even wind up on the bench sometimes in favor of shooting. The Sixers would have a very good chance of winning a title b/c they have so much talent. How is that hating on LeBron?

D-Leethal
05-03-2018, 04:14 PM
In the sport of basketball...did this guy just ask...what does height have to do with anything? Bro. Give it up for today. Come back tomorrow, your brain stopped working...itís out of juice...you need to recharge.

I did not say broadly what does height have to do with the sport of basketball. Since you clearly are unable to add context from the quoted post, the quoted poster said there is no issue with "fit" and used their height as evidence.

What the hell does height have to do with anything?

^^ Take that last sentence, and frame it within the context of the quoted post this time. You can do it.

D-Leethal
05-03-2018, 04:24 PM
No Bron wants to win easier. Jump shooter? Bron can do anything he wants out there and Simmons will make it all easier for him. He wants to get set up,the way he sets up others.

Is that you Brian Windhorst?

In my other post to you, I meant to say I don't wan't Embiid parked in the corner, agreed on that front. Still this league is about spacing so he will obviously get those reps and yes it is for thebest, but tbh, I think this will be a different iteration of bron. He's advanced his skill game, and he pounded the ball less in Miami than any Cleveland stint, he'll likely do what wade eventually did and become an adept cutter on top of already being a superior shooter, rebounder and defender. I think he comes to philly to play like 31mpg and finally get that Duncan regimen.

As for Simmons, just stagger them ala cp3 and harden, I mean have you seen the numbers cp3 puts up without harden, they rival what harden put up when he was in okc but without the other 2 primary options. Which leads me to my point, to win big in this league, you need supreme overlap or perfect chemistry/fit. KD going to GS only exasperated the problem to degrees we've never seen.

Of course you can stagger lineups, let Ben shine with the bench, let LeBron rest a lot since they will beat teams up all over the place. But all of that still requires Ben limiting his output, his playing time, his control of the game. The sacrifices Embiid has to make are even greater. Right now Embiid and Simmons have overlap and stagger a bit so Embiid can get featured in the post more in Ben-less lineups, as Ben thrives with the middle of the floor open. Add LeBron, stagger him and Ben and Embiid becomes full time 3 point shooter.

Have you heard LeBron talk about himself this year? "I'm like fine wine, I just get better with age". He must have talked about how he feels like he is at his peak as a pro after every game. He went on a campaign talking himself up all year trying to get himself MVP. I don't think LeBron is like Melo, but I don't think LeBron is even close to willing to take a backseat yet.

Both those things would likely happen. Simmons would be limited and may even wind up on the bench sometimes in favor of shooting. The Sixers would have a very good chance of winning a title b/c they have so much talent. How is that hating on LeBron?

This

Chronz
05-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Bron was talking about giving up the keys to kyrie soon. This year's ecsf loss will only further humble him. I think you all underrate brons ability to at the least, make his teammates more efficient while he's on the floor. I don't agree that ben and Embiid overlap, least not to a degree that they need to be on an even playing field with by far the most talented team we've ever witnessed

IKnowHoops
05-03-2018, 05:08 PM
I did not say broadly what does height have to do with the sport of basketball. Since you clearly are unable to add context from the quoted post, the quoted poster said there is no issue with "fit" and used their height as evidence.

What the hell does height have to do with anything?

^^ Take that last sentence, and frame it within the context of the quoted post this time. You can do it.
3 tall guys who can pass and see over everyone fits better than 1 tall who can see over all, one short who canít and one middle whoís sometimes. Height always plays a factor in basketball son, and it also effects fit. Taller guys that can all rebound, all defend, all pass, can be out there and overcome fit. HEIGHT helps you overcome FIT!!!! Go back to kindergarten with ur basketball.

TheDish87
05-03-2018, 05:48 PM
did i seriously just read that height overcomes fit? what nonsense. like its so cut and dry like that. one of the dumbest things said in here.

Chronz
05-03-2018, 06:20 PM
did i seriously just read that height overcomes fit? what nonsense. like its so cut and dry like that. one of the dumbest things said in here.

In today's switcheroo nba (thanks curry n bron) it's more important than ever to have that kind of versatility. Obviously it's more than just height but we all agree, all else being equal, you'd rather have the taller player, if you want to take it a step further and focus on their wingspan and overall athletic ability then the pendulum swings even further their way.

D-Leethal
05-03-2018, 08:10 PM
In today's switcheroo nba (thanks curry n bron) it's more important than ever to have that kind of versatility. Obviously it's more than just height but we all agree, all else being equal, you'd rather have the taller player, if you want to take it a step further and focus on their wingspan and overall athletic ability then the pendulum swings even further their way.

No one is saying these guys don't fit together defensively.

FlashBolt
05-03-2018, 08:39 PM

Don't associate yourself with amateurs.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2018, 09:59 PM
There is no down side to this.

You win rings now.
Bron retires, Ben and Embiid hit there prime and have learned from Bron and now win rings without him.

PG teaches you nothing.

IKnowHoops
05-03-2018, 10:49 PM

The diff between Lebron and PG13 are astronomical.

ewing
05-03-2018, 11:06 PM
The diff between Lebron and PG13 are astronomical.

I know PG13 is six years younger, a better shooter, a better defender

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-04-2018, 03:12 PM

Self aware of what? That he's still the best player in the NBA?

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Lebron is gonna join Harden and CP3 in Houston and it's gonna be an epic two team battle between the Rockets and the Warriors for the next several years.

Chronz
05-04-2018, 03:38 PM
Self aware of what? That he's still the best player in the NBA?
That he's entering the wrong side of 30 bro. Even mj eventually crashed

Chronz
05-04-2018, 03:40 PM
No one is saying these guys don't fit together defensively.
True. Just saying they can match up with anyone, now imagine the other side deciding which slasher to sick their best defender on. I firmly believe wade was more dominant as the afterthought in year 1 before his steep decline

Chronz
05-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Don't associate yourself with amateurs.

The sign of an educated mind is entertaining thoughts not of your own volition

Chronz
05-04-2018, 03:43 PM

So is Covington

Not buying the better defender talk either

ewing
05-04-2018, 03:45 PM
So is Covington

He is all those things. LeBron is still a bunch better basketball player though

IKnowHoops
05-04-2018, 04:21 PM

Reading my mind

warfelg
05-04-2018, 05:24 PM
So is Covington

With the defense thing, itís the biggest frustration I have. He should be the best wing defender yearly, but his desire to play defense very much comes and goes.

JordansBulls
05-07-2018, 08:58 PM
He would stunt the other players growth with his ball dominance.

FlashBolt
05-08-2018, 01:40 AM
https://www.slamonline.com/nba/lebron-james-wants-opportunity-play-off-the-ball/

Funny how things work out.

More-Than-Most
05-08-2018, 02:34 AM
https://www.slamonline.com/nba/lebron-james-wants-opportunity-play-off-the-ball/

Funny how things work out.

Hes already better than MJ he just doesnt have the pippen/rodman/ker/etc etc etc to carry him on top of the weak *** teams jordan played that couldnt touch the spurs or the warriors.

ewing
05-08-2018, 02:42 AM
Hes already better than MJ he just doesnt have the pippen/rodman/ker/etc etc etc to carry him on top of the weak *** teams jordan played that couldnt touch the spurs or the warriors.

Why do you think Steve Kerr was good?

warfelg
05-08-2018, 08:07 AM
Jalen Rose is an idiot:
They played better with TJ McConnell holding the ball and having Simmons play off ball as a secondary ball handler, so that's why LeBron won't work.

What?

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-08-2018, 10:49 AM
That he's entering the wrong side of 30 bro. Even mj eventually crashed

Lebron is 33. He's got 2-3 peak years left in him. He doesn't need to concede to Simmons now when he's clearly the superior player.

FlashBolt
05-08-2018, 11:54 AM
This series proved why Sixers need LeBron. Celtics will outcoach and have the better players on their roster. Broussard (who's been fairly reputable lately) has said LeBron's camp stated Bron has never played with another elite playmaker and that he would like to play a more traditional SF role instead of creating every play. Sixers are perfect for that. Not only would Ben not have to actually develop a jumpshot instantly because he'd be able to get open looks for cuts, dunks, etc., with LeBron on the team but the experience and closing games is now LeBron's biggest asset to this young team. They can't close games and were one of the worst in the regular season. You don't fix that with PG. PG's an elite player but I have little faith the guy will play well in the NBA Finals.

IKnowHoops
05-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Lebron is 33. He's got 2-3 peak years left in him. He doesn't need to concede to Simmons now when he's clearly the superior player.

Ding ding ding. Especially when Ben ainít ready. Learn from Bron, win rings with him!

TheDish87
05-10-2018, 12:25 PM
no. he learns plenty from him in the off season.

AntiG
05-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Broussard (who's been fairly reputable lately) has said LeBron's camp stated Bron has never played with another elite playmaker and that he would like to play a more traditional SF role instead of creating every play.

if that's true they are delusional. Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Kyrie Irving (not even including Ray Allen since he wasn't in his prime)

Jamiecballer
05-10-2018, 12:31 PM
This series proved why Sixers need LeBron. Celtics will outcoach and have the better players on their roster. Broussard (who's been fairly reputable lately) has said LeBron's camp stated Bron has never played with another elite playmaker and that he would like to play a more traditional SF role instead of creating every play. Sixers are perfect for that. Not only would Ben not have to actually develop a jumpshot instantly because he'd be able to get open looks for cuts, dunks, etc., with LeBron on the team but the experience and closing games is now LeBron's biggest asset to this young team. They can't close games and were one of the worst in the regular season. You don't fix that with PG. PG's an elite player but I have little faith the guy will play well in the NBA Finals.LeBron going to the Sixers sets him up to get universal best player ever recognition. If he focused all his energy on scoring not only would that suit the surrounding players in place, he could create such an extraordinary separation in scoring numbers over MJ that even the hard core hater would have a hard time justifying their feelings towards LeBron. And actually, if you consider how smart LeBron is - don't be surprised if he looks at that situation and says ok, the last stumbling block in my way of universal best ever is to win over the hero ball worshipers. I can spend the last 5 years of my career being the cold blooded sniper that cares only about scoring on you (in other words be kobe) and tick that off my resume too.

WaDe03
05-10-2018, 12:32 PM
no. he learns plenty from him in the off season.

Whatís your plan to turn them to actual contenders then? If you donít get LeBron or KL you have no shot.

TylerSL
05-10-2018, 12:38 PM
I signed Lebron with the Sixers on NBA 2k18 and have a stacked roster. Simmons is my PG, Fultz is my SG (his overall raises when you change him to a SG), Lebron at the 3, Saric at the 4, and Embiid at Center. Covington is my 6th man, and the team is ****ing loaded.

Chronz
05-10-2018, 12:47 PM
I signed Lebron with the Sixers on NBA 2k18 and have a stacked roster. Simmons is my PG, Fultz is my SG (his overall raises when you change him to a SG), Lebron at the 3, Saric at the 4, and Embiid at Center. Covington is my 6th man, and the team is ****ing loaded.
I have a franchise where they get pg13 and bron returns to Miami with chris bosh in tow and whiteside got traded for Drummond. Philly has yet to make the finals. Kyrie ditched Boston for NYC within 2 years too lmao.

WestCoastSportz
05-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Putting a guy like Lebron on the Sixers would negate everything they did well to get to as far as they got. They were second in the league in assists so they're playing team basketball. They move the ball around. Lets not forget that this was Simmons' rookie year. The guy is going to get better. Embiid played 63 games and will continue to get healthier. Lets also not forget the #1 overall pick in Fultz whether they integrate him in or use him as some sort of draft capital because Simmons has looked great playing the PG position. They'll also have around $70M in cap space this Summer. Their biggest need is a shooting guard. Reddick is nothing more than a shooter and his defense is horrible. The Celtics went right after Reddick and found easy scores nearly every time. This is still a very young team and they need to stay as young as they could to continue building. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope would be a nice player to sign and he probably won't cost that much. He's 25 years old so he's still young. That move alone would make them a better team. Or they can dangle Fultz on draft day and see if they could get a top 5 pick out of him to take Mikal Bridges who could be an elite defender and shooter. A more explosive and athletic version of Klay Thompson.

Chronz
05-10-2018, 01:48 PM
Putting a guy like Lebron on the Sixers would negate everything they did well to get to as far as they got. They were second in the league in assists so they're playing team basketball. They move the ball around. Lets not forget that this was Simmons' rookie year. The guy is going to get better. Embiid played 63 games and will continue to get healthier. Lets also not forget the #1 overall pick in Fultz whether they integrate him in or use him as some sort of draft capital because Simmons has looked great playing the PG position. They'll also have around $70M in cap space this Summer. Their biggest need is a shooting guard. Reddick is nothing more than a shooter and his defense is horrible. The Celtics went right after Reddick and found easy scores nearly every time. This is still a very young team and they need to stay as young as they could to continue building. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope would be a nice player to sign and he probably won't cost that much. He's 25 years old so he's still young. That move alone would make them a better team. Or they can dangle Fultz on draft day and see if they could get a top 5 pick out of him to take Mikal Bridges who could be an elite defender and shooter. A more explosive and athletic version of Klay Thompson.
Lol at negate. Pretty sure he's going there to buy in. Even if he didn't, there's never been a talent like his in history that negates a team strength to the point where the tradeoff in winning isn't worth it
Without Reddick they regress, but dude will regress soon anyways

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-10-2018, 02:00 PM
You want arguably the best player of all time to buy in and lessen his role for Ben Simmons? No, just no. A player of Lebron's caliber has two choices:

1) Go all out and just play at the highest level possible for the remaining years of his prime, not conceding to anyone.

or

2) Go join a team like Houston and form a super team that can actually beat Golden State.

The option of joining a young team and buying into the idea of overseeing them develop to the next level when you are one of the top 2 or 3 players of all time and still in your prime is just not an option. It's a silly thought really. Maybe if he were 36 or 37 he could do something like that, but not while he is still the best freakin player in the world.

TheDish87
05-10-2018, 02:24 PM

Bridges isnt going in the top 5. we will have a shot at him at 10 or 11. otherwise solid post.

Jamiecballer
05-10-2018, 02:26 PM
You want arguably the best player of all time to buy in and lessen his role for Ben Simmons? No, just no. A player of Lebron's caliber has two choices:

1) Go all out and just play at the highest level possible for the remaining years of his prime, not conceding to anyone.

or

2) Go join a team like Houston and form a super team that can actually beat Golden State.

The option of joining a young team and buying into the idea of overseeing them develop to the next level when you are one of the top 2 or 3 players of all time and still in your prime is just not an option. It's a silly thought really. Maybe if he were 36 or 37 he could do something like that, but not while he is still the best freakin player in the world.I think you underestimate his ego here. He wants to win, and he probably (rightfully so) believes he can be the best player in the league no matter what role he creates for himself.

TylerSL
05-10-2018, 02:52 PM
I have a franchise where they get pg13 and bron returns to Miami with chris bosh in tow and whiteside got traded for Drummond. Philly has yet to make the finals. Kyrie ditched Boston for NYC within 2 years too lmao.

sign me up for that!

sixer04fan
05-10-2018, 03:00 PM

Yeah why sign Lebron James when we can sign Caldwell-Pope and trade Fultz for Mikal Bridges instead?

TylerSL
05-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Yeah why sign Lebron James when we can sign Caldwell-Pope and trade Fultz for Mikal Bridges instead?

Philly could try to sign Lebron and then sign and trade for PG13. That's what I would try to do if I were Philly.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-10-2018, 06:30 PM
I think you underestimate his ego here. He wants to win, and he probably (rightfully so) believes he can be the best player in the league no matter what role he creates for himself.

IDK what you mean here, but he has a huge ego because he quite possibly might be the best player to ever play this game. I think his ego is justified. You really expect he's gonna go to Philly and let Ben Simmons be the catalyst for the offense... while he himself is still in his prime? No chance lol. He wants to win and he knows the best way to win is to be the straw that stirs the drink. He doesn't give a damn how well the young Sixers players develop in 4-5 years. He wants to win now and I don't blame him.

Whatever team Lebron ends up playing on, the team will conform to him... not the other way around. And that's the way it should be to be quite honest. The only team that you can argue that point for is Houston. Houston is the one team where if he joined Harden and Paul, he might have to sacrafice for the team a bit. I say this because it's quite possible that Harden might be the better offensive catalyst at this point. He might be the only player in the league you can say that for. It's a good debate though.

This WCF finals will be very telling for where Lebron goes IMO because if Houston get their *** handed to them, they will be pushing hard to sign Lebron IMO. This might be Harden's last chance to prove he can be the guy who takes down Golden State without the help of Lebron. If they win, Lebron won't go there. If they lost a very close series, then IDK.

IKnowHoops
05-10-2018, 06:31 PM
if that's true they are delusional. Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Kyrie Irving (not even including Ray Allen since he wasn't in his prime)

Kyrie=playmaker? Bro heís referring to guys who are pass first and look to create for others 2 or 3 times before they get there own look. None f those ups are that.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Philly should go after Kawhi. He'd a great fit and take them over the top without necessarily needing to be super ball dominant and hurt the development of their other players.

I hope it doesn't happen though because I hate Philly.

IKnowHoops
05-11-2018, 03:16 AM
Philly could try to sign Lebron and then sign and trade for PG13. That's what I would try to do if I were Philly.

Exactly, you canít just try and beat GS, you want to assemble a team that will be ready to take on the next new super team. Iíd go all in. Iíd go get PG and Bron.

IKnowHoops
05-11-2018, 03:26 AM
LeBron going to the Sixers sets him up to get universal best player ever recognition. If he focused all his energy on scoring not only would that suit the surrounding players in place, he could create such an extraordinary separation in scoring numbers over MJ that even the hard core hater would have a hard time justifying their feelings towards LeBron. And actually, if you consider how smart LeBron is - don't be surprised if he looks at that situation and says ok, the last stumbling block in my way of universal best ever is to win over the hero ball worshipers. I can spend the last 5 years of my career being the cold blooded sniper that cares only about scoring on you (in other words be kobe) and tick that off my resume too.

I agree with all of this 100%...surprise surprise!

I would love to see a Lebron who focuses all his energy on being a scorer. If he were to really be serious, I think he could drop 40 a game. That should be his goal. A 40/4/4 season with a ring I think could even sway a large % of Jordan homers...Jordan should have homers by the way. If he could play with Ben next year and they can get there connection down, it would be a great situation for him to do something crazy

IKnowHoops
05-11-2018, 03:28 AM

Xbox or ps4

IKnowHoops
05-11-2018, 03:34 AM

or

The option of joining a young team and buying into the idea of overseeing them develop to the next level when you are one of the top 2 or 3 players of all time and still in your prime is just not an option. It's a silly thought really. Maybe if he were 36 or 37 he could do something like that, but not while he is still the best freakin player in the world.

I really like Ben, I think he is the perfect guy for Bron to play off the ball with. Ben is going to be soooooo much better next season. I see Bron and Ben having better chemistry than Stockton and Malone.

TheDish87
05-11-2018, 08:26 AM
I really like Ben, I think he is the perfect guy for Bron to play off the ball with. Ben is going to be soooooo much better next season. I see Bron and Ben having better chemistry than Stockton and Malone.

lol wut?

AntiG
05-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Kyrie=playmaker? Bro heís referring to guys who are pass first and look to create for others 2 or 3 times before they get there own look. None f those ups are that.

if that's the case, then playmaker is the wrong word. he should just get Rondo to sign with him then if that's what he wants so badly. Or sign a MLE with the Celtics lol.

Jamiecballer
05-11-2018, 11:46 AM
IDK what you mean here, but he has a huge ego because he quite possibly might be the best player to ever play this game. I think his ego is justified. You really expect he's gonna go to Philly and let Ben Simmons be the catalyst for the offense... while he himself is still in his prime? No chance lol. He wants to win and he knows the best way to win is to be the straw that stirs the drink. He doesn't give a damn how well the young Sixers players develop in 4-5 years. He wants to win now and I don't blame him.

Whatever team Lebron ends up playing on, the team will conform to him... not the other way around. And that's the way it should be to be quite honest. The only team that you can argue that point for is Houston. Houston is the one team where if he joined Harden and Paul, he might have to sacrafice for the team a bit. I say this because it's quite possible that Harden might be the better offensive catalyst at this point. He might be the only player in the league you can say that for. It's a good debate though.

This WCF finals will be very telling for where Lebron goes IMO because if Houston get their *** handed to them, they will be pushing hard to sign Lebron IMO. This might be Harden's last chance to prove he can be the guy who takes down Golden State without the help of Lebron. If they win, Lebron won't go there. If they lost a very close series, then IDK.

yeah i hear you and respect your opinion on this but i think Lebron is all about legacy at this point and erasing any questions about whether he is the greatest ever. there are so many pro's to going to Philly that i find it almost impossible to believe he will go anywhere else, it's all set up for him now to get that recognition.

- if he goes to Philly and adapts his game a little to be more of a scorer off the ball it will help him preserve his body for as long as he can. as simmons and embiid grow in role, lebron slowly reduces his role, a perfect match.

- if he goes to Philly he can lessen the wear on his body by continuing to play 82 games in a weaker conference. more blowouts and more coasting.

- philly has 2 once in a lifetime talents who both are still early in the growth curve. if he goes to Philly at this point in time he can be viewed as the man who helped develop 2 potentially all-time greats. that of course is dependent on him assuming more of a traditional Jordan or Kobe type role. see next point

- he's done the magic johnson thing. he's been the champion. the one stigma he hasn't lost is that he's not like Jordan or Kobe. great news for him - Philly has an incredible point guard and a Hakeem like center, all they need is that great wing player and shot maker. what better way to cap off your case as being better than MJ than to do MJ just as well PLUS all the other stuff from the past 15 years.

Houston is a great spot for a number of reasons but if he's serious about being known as the undisputed GOAT Philadelphia is his best and IMO only chance to get that recognition universally. He's already started to get that recognition from the statistical and team oriented people - but he needs to slay that Kobe/MJ dragon to put this ***** to bed

Jamiecballer
05-11-2018, 11:53 AM
I agree with all of this 100%...surprise surprise!

I would love to see a Lebron who focuses all his energy on being a scorer. If he were to really be serious, I think he could drop 40 a game. That should be his goal. A 40/4/4 season with a ring I think could even sway a large % of Jordan homers...Jordan should have homers by the way. If he could play with Ben next year and they can get there connection down, it would be a great situation for him to do something crazy

and he could score 40 IMO because scoring not only is scoring up league-wide, but pairing up with Simmons would put the 2 players in the NBA with the best court vision on the floor at the same time. imagine Lebron purposely drawing a second defender just for the purpose of passing to Simmons, the defense scrambles to adjust and oh **** the guy who Lebron hits with his pass (Simmons) is just as good at seeing that next pass before it happens as Lebron was. As long as the other 3 guys on the court actually move and read the action as it happens either Lebron or Simmons will be like quarterbacks hitting cutting teammates on slant patterns all day long.

FlashBolt
05-11-2018, 12:11 PM
LeBron going to the Sixers sets him up to get universal best player ever recognition. If he focused all his energy on scoring not only would that suit the surrounding players in place, he could create such an extraordinary separation in scoring numbers over MJ that even the hard core hater would have a hard time justifying their feelings towards LeBron. And actually, if you consider how smart LeBron is - don't be surprised if he looks at that situation and says ok, the last stumbling block in my way of universal best ever is to win over the hero ball worshipers. I can spend the last 5 years of my career being the cold blooded sniper that cares only about scoring on you (in other words be kobe) and tick that off my resume too.

I think LeBron has been a better scorer right now than Kobe has ever been. What he's doing currently is far more impressive than Kobe just because he's clipping it at an effective rate. IMO, I think LeBron wants to win DPOY. He's got zero excuse not to try and win it if he's playing a traditional SF role and no longer doing as much for his team offensively. Statline should be: 26/7/6 IMO but with greater defense.

It's funny that nearly every franchise would trade everything at their disposal for LeBron and then you have someone saying Philly should sign KCP, lol.

I'm not talking about playmaking = create plays for themselves. Kyrie, Wade, and Bosh to a much lesser extent were creators of their own shots. Ben creates for others. Wade was decent at it but it made zero sense to have him running the ball once he got older/dealt with injuries. Look at LeBron's PG list: Mo Williams, Boobie Gibson, Chalmers, Norris Cole, Delly. Those are not very good PG's at all. Kyrie has always been a SG.

IKnowHoops
05-11-2018, 02:47 PM
if that's the case, then playmaker is the wrong word. he should just get Rondo to sign with him then if that's what he wants so badly. Or sign a MLE with the Celtics lol.

Naw, get the guy with the most upside who also idolizes you.

IKnowHoops
05-11-2018, 02:50 PM
and he could score 40 IMO because scoring not only is scoring up league-wide, but pairing up with Simmons would put the 2 players in the NBA with the best court vision on the floor at the same time. imagine Lebron purposely drawing a second defender just for the purpose of passing to Simmons, the defense scrambles to adjust and oh **** the guy who Lebron hits with his pass (Simmons) is just as good at seeing that next pass before it happens as Lebron was. As long as the other 3 guys on the court actually move and read the action as it happens either Lebron or Simmons will be like quarterbacks hitting cutting teammates on slant patterns all day long.

Your in my head. Stay as long as you like.

Jamiecballer
05-11-2018, 10:21 PM
Your in my head. Stay as long as you like.Well that's a creepy thing to say

IKnowHoops
05-12-2018, 03:17 PM
Well that's a creepy thing to say

It was supposed to read like ďstay wiseĒ😂, but yes, I cringed reading out loud just now.