PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks James Harden could fill in for Lebron and take CLE just as far.

IKnowHoops
04-23-2018, 09:55 AM
Just wondering...

GREATNESS ONE
04-23-2018, 10:01 AM
No

BDawk4Prez
04-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Without question.

cmellofan15
04-23-2018, 02:34 PM
7 points away from being swept by the Indiana Pacers???? Absolutely Harden could do that :laugh2:

ewing
04-23-2018, 02:37 PM
I do

WaDe03
04-23-2018, 02:51 PM
4th seed and 2-2 in the first round? Yes lol. I think multiple players could.

tredigs
04-23-2018, 03:03 PM
1st, 2nd round exit? Sure, why not?

europagnpilgrim
04-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Just wondering...

Harden has been a mvp candidate in a overall tougher conference and has racked up three 50+ win seasons in that span while being at his youth / apex, put him on the Cavs and they still have those other more proven weapons, only trade I would have made after the Irving was IT for Nance / Clarkson, Wade can still win you a playoff game and Rose from what I have saw so far is playing about as well as a bench player can play

its like me flipping the script and say could James take Rockets further with Bev / Ariza as his 2nd / 3rd options prior to landing CP3 this year, could James have won 60+ games at this stage of his career out West with CP3 down 20 games this season?

I mean I know you stay with a hard on for James, but Harden right now could do what James does for Cavs, if Harden was 33yrs old then of course not, same as if James was 27 / 28 he would be able to get 60+ wins with that current Rockets roster

who would I draft to start my team, Bron easily, that's how I equate / rank to who is the more dominant / better player

mrblisterdundee
04-23-2018, 05:37 PM
Probably not. The Cavaliers are weaker at small forward than they are at the guard spots. Take LeBron away, and they're one of the weakest teams in the league on the wing.
LeBron doesn't play a lot of great defense, but when he wants to, he can. Harden can't replicate that.

Vee-Rex
04-23-2018, 05:45 PM
Probably not. The Cavaliers are weaker at small forward than they are at the guard spots. Take LeBron away, and they're one of the weakest teams in the league on the wing.
LeBron doesn't play a lot of great defense, but when he wants to, he can. Harden can't replicate that.

You're forgetting about the great, the one of a kind, the legendary Cedi Osman

oak2455
04-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Yes and the Cavs would be leading in the series

Heediot
04-23-2018, 05:50 PM
I don't think so personally. Maybe next year LeBron as he ages more and declines. Harden is still in the proving stage whereas Bron has done it before. Not sure I can count on Harden carrying the Cavs further vs. James at this point.

europagnpilgrim
04-23-2018, 06:56 PM
I don't think so personally. Maybe next year LeBron as he ages more and declines. Harden is still in the proving stage whereas Bron has done it before. Not sure I can count on Harden carrying the Cavs further vs. James at this point.

as a 6th man of year way back with the OKC around 12' season and capable of dropping 30 coming off the bench with KD / Russ West and then going solo with your own squad and finishing top 3 mvp race since 15' season is pretty much a proven commodity, this isn't who is the better / more dominant current or all time, its a question of a young / apex Harden can carry this current Cavs squad the same and its a yes, and even more telling would be Harden keeping the previous team together Bron had earlier that won like 18 straight, its a reason why Harden went out and wanted another ball handler / creator in CP3, he would have loved having Wade proven champ, Rose former mvp with good bench play left in the tank and a IT who though coming off injury was a mvp candidate prior to injury and I know it was sort of a 1 yr explosion he still was good for 15-16ppg before he did what he did last yr in boston

Jeffy25
04-23-2018, 07:18 PM
Nobody, he doesn't and can't play defense.

Kyben36
04-23-2018, 07:28 PM
If James Harden could play D. maybe, offensivly sure, but lebron plays elite D when he needs to.

More-Than-Most
04-23-2018, 07:39 PM
Lmfao Harden with that cavs defense???? They wouldnt even be a top 6 seed. My god people he is one of the worst defenders being covered up for on that side of the ball by the offensive system of dantoni.... If he were on the cavs in that system with that team they might not even be a 500 team.

cmellofan15
04-23-2018, 07:43 PM
Lmao lebron is actively contributing to the terrible defense of the Cavs and has been all year

More-Than-Most
04-23-2018, 07:57 PM
Lmao lebron is actively contributing to the terrible defense of the Cavs and has been all year

he could have no legs and still be a better defender than harden.

cmellofan15
04-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Hahahahaha have you watched any basketball in the past three years or are you just blatantly trolling???

tredigs
04-23-2018, 09:48 PM
Nobody, he doesn't and can't play defense.

Lmfao if you think Lebron's defense is some difference maker in the discussion.

tredigs
04-23-2018, 10:05 PM
Just wondering...

Do you have nothing to say on your topic? I was expecting a hot take at the very least...>

goingfor28
04-23-2018, 10:20 PM
No chance

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jeffy25
04-23-2018, 10:38 PM
Lmfao if you think Lebron's defense is some difference maker in the discussion.

He can, and does play great defense when he wants to, and he does in the playoffs.

Harden simply can't.

europagnpilgrim
04-23-2018, 10:42 PM
Nobody, he doesn't and can't play defense. at this current stage all I hear is how horrible of a defender is right now today

I bet if you use your advanced metrics it would favor Harden defensively this year, from the games I watched neither plays stellar defense but Harden has given way more effort due to the trio defensive minded offseason pickups, and they had left over Ariza / Nene / Capela, all 3 of those guys give effort and Ariza has flirted with all defensive teams, he is the ultimate 3 and D guy pretty much, from the games I viewed its all he does, with a drive here and there

Chronz
04-23-2018, 10:42 PM
He can, and does play great defense when he wants to, and he does in the playoffs.

Harden simply can't.
He still shows it in the rs too. Apparently some exec's think he still grades highly.

europagnpilgrim
04-23-2018, 10:44 PM

Harden simply can't.

James plays 2 minute fourth quarter defense, his defense this year is equivalent to the 2 minute warning in nfl, he locks in the first 2 minutes of fourth and the last 2 minutes other than that its matador defense, James plays his own box and 1 defense, Iverson esque, it can work but it hurts more than helps

Raps18-19 Champ
04-23-2018, 11:07 PM
They might have a better record but not sure if they'll get that much farther.

tredigs
04-23-2018, 11:16 PM

Harden simply can't.

Lmfao. Uhh, we're here? Do you think he's saving it for the 2nd round? What defense of note, and on who, has he showed us?

PRO TIP: It's not there. His D has been rat, as it has been all season. This won't be his first post-season taken off, either. His 2015 Finals was a joke on the defensive end, for one. Stick to blaming it on having to do too much on the other end, it's at least a realistic reasoning.

smoothhooper
04-23-2018, 11:35 PM
you cant be serious.

Cavaliers are going to the finals casual.

Lol at JAmes Harden EVER leading ANY team to the finals

Rockets are not even sniffing the finals this season