PDA

View Full Version : The Athletic: Curry 'not close to playing'

mrblisterdundee
04-20-2018, 01:42 PM
Stephen Curry might not be available for at least the first part of the second round, which could begin April 28 as the Warriors and Blazers both preparing to sweep their opponents:

Despite video of him doing work on the court, which has fans salivating about his return, he isn't in the final stages of his rehabilitation. He will be evaluated again on Friday. He is on schedule but not on pace to beat the announced timelines. The working parameters have been 4 to 6 weeks since JaVale McGee crashed into Curry's left knee.
- Marcus Thompson II, The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/321274/2018/04/19/thompson-stephen-currys-injury-on-pace-to-take-full-six-weeks-possibly-putting-his-return-into-second-round/)
What affect do you think this could have on a likely Pelicans-Warriors series, especially considering how well Jrue Holiday, Rajon Rondo, Nikola Mirotic and Anthony Davis are playing together?

ManRam
04-20-2018, 01:45 PM
I don't think it matters. If they were playing Houston next it would, not the Pellies.

mrblisterdundee
04-20-2018, 01:46 PM
I think Davis and Holiday would be a tough matchup for even a health Curry and Durant. Now both could be recovering from injuries, depending on how bad Durant's ankle is. I'm a Blazer fan, but I like how things are working out for New Orleans. Davis deserves nice things.

mrblisterdundee
04-20-2018, 01:56 PM
I don't think it matters. If they were playing Houston next it would, not the Pellies.

Are you so sure? People underestimated how well the Pelicans would play against the Blazers. I know the Warriors are way better, but the matchups don't look good.
With Curry out, Holiday can focus on locking down Thompson. Davis is one of the top players you'd want defending Durant. Playoff Rondo is real and plays good defense. Then the Warriors will have to chase around Mirotic, who seems to be on a never-ending hot streak.

Driven
04-20-2018, 02:14 PM
Warriors got a big break with their schedule. Spurs and the Pelicans are about as lucky as they could have got while they await Curryís return. Even without Curry, I think the Warriors would beat NO in 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HandsOnTheWheel
04-20-2018, 02:35 PM
Warriors got a big break with their schedule. Spurs and the Pelicans are about as lucky as they could have got while they await Curryís return. Even without Curry, I think the Warriors would beat NO in 5

Yup exactly. Crazy to think gs would be playing winner of Jazz/Thunder had Jazz just won their last game of their year.

TheDish87
04-20-2018, 02:58 PM
Anthony Davis is a nightmare for GSW and Jrue and Rondo are playing on all NBA levels right now while Jrue arguably had an ALL NBA season anyway. Not playing an extra game vs the Blazers should be a priority now the the Pels.

Saddletramp
04-21-2018, 12:06 PM
So what was up with the site yesterday? Everyone was frozen out?

BKLYNpigeon
04-21-2018, 12:09 PM
Curry will be back by game 3. Thatís time timetable at least.

Not to disreguard what the pelicans are doing right now in the playoffs. With Mo Harkless out. Blazers have nobody on defense to guard Jrue and AD. They have Aminu on AD, lol.

Warriors have Klay and Iggy that they can put in Jrue. Green, KD and a rotation of bigs can neutralize AD.

Warriors in 6

aman_13
04-21-2018, 12:11 PM
So what was up with the site yesterday? Everyone was frozen out?

It looks like it.

nastynice
04-22-2018, 02:44 AM
Yup exactly. Crazy to think gs would be playing winner of Jazz/Thunder had Jazz just won their last game of their year.

jazz, thunder, and pelicans are all pretty comparable to one another. I don't see how matching up with new orleans is any sort of break vs the other two teams, especially with melo looking as done as he has lately

Driven
04-22-2018, 09:23 AM
I donít think that the Pelicans are comparable to the Thunder and Jazz. I get that 3-9 in he West this year are pretty similar, but the Jazz were absolutely one of the best teams in the NBA in the second half, and the Thunder have the highest ceiling of all those teams.

I donít think the Pelicans have the ceiling that the Jazz or Thunder do.

goingfor28
04-22-2018, 09:42 AM
The Pelicans are absolutely better than OKC and Utah

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

nastynice
04-22-2018, 12:15 PM
The Pelicans are absolutely better than OKC and Utah

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I think so too, they finished the season very well themselves.

I think okc had the highest playoff ceiling too, but it doesn't seem to be coming to fruition

Heediot
04-22-2018, 12:39 PM
If the warriors are down in a series, I think they might rush him back. OTOH, they did that a few years back and didn't win it all sot here's that.

tredigs
04-22-2018, 12:47 PM
I donít think that the Pelicans are comparable to the Thunder and Jazz. I get that 3-9 in he West this year are pretty similar, but the Jazz were absolutely one of the best teams in the NBA in the second half, and the Thunder have the highest ceiling of all those teams.

I donít think the Pelicans have the ceiling that the Jazz or Thunder do.

Are you not watching? AD is playing like a top 3 player and Jrue has been borderline All NBA. They play HARD on both ends and with Mirotic and Rondo playing with this level of confidence, they are a true force. They would smack around OKC and probably beat the Jazz. That's a series I would like to see though. The Pels are a very legit team fellas. The Warriors without Curry are going to struggle with them big time.

nastynice
04-22-2018, 04:15 PM
Are you not watching? AD is playing like a top 3 player and Jrue has been borderline All NBA. They play HARD on both ends and with Mirotic and Rondo playing with this level of confidence, they are a true force. They would smack around OKC and probably beat the Jazz. That's a series I would like to see though. The Pels are a very legit team fellas. The Warriors without Curry are going to struggle with them big time.

We'll miss curry for sure, but this roster should be able to handle it. It won't be easy, and we have roster that wasn't even built around kd, so everything's a little off, but should still take care of business.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-22-2018, 06:55 PM
Makes no difference. They got the best draw possible for this situation.

ewing
04-22-2018, 06:58 PM
jazz, thunder, and pelicans are all pretty comparable to one another. I don't see how matching up with new orleans is any sort of break vs the other two teams, especially with melo looking as done as he has lately

Olympic Melo is coming

nastynice
04-22-2018, 10:57 PM
Makes no difference. They got the best draw possible for this situation.

Regarding spurs, yea. Based on playoffs so Far, after Houston New Orleans probably playing the next best.

nastynice
04-22-2018, 10:58 PM
Olympic Melo is coming

Whats olympic melo?

mrblisterdundee
04-23-2018, 01:01 AM
Pretty interesting situation, with the Spurs' success providing Curry a reprieve. But I think the Warriors win the next game, setting up possibly two games the Warriors have to play against Curry.
Holiday's going to give Thompson trouble, and Davis is one of the best options to defend Durant. The Pelicans' best chance is slowing down those two.
I don't think Draymond or Durant can stop Davis from feasting. Mirotic is on a never-ending hot streak. Rondo is spiritually back on the Celtics and shooting nearly 43 percent from three. The Warriors better hope Curry comes back at at least 80 percent.

smoothhooper
04-23-2018, 11:57 PM
doesn't really matter honestly.

Golden State isn't making the finals whether or not he plays

Hawkeye15
04-24-2018, 06:58 PM
shouldn't matter until they play Houston. Hell even without Curry I think they have a chance to beat Houston.

tredigs
04-24-2018, 07:52 PM
shouldn't matter until they play Houston. Hell even without Curry I think they have a chance to beat Houston.

Lol. No chance in hell. The Pels are going to test them without Curry.