PDA

View Full Version : Harden

More-Than-Most
04-15-2018, 03:22 AM
After last years choke job and him probably winning mvp and having this special year what if he and the rockets lose n the first round? Would that be as massive of a choke as say heat/mavs?

c.c.
04-15-2018, 06:38 AM
No it will be worst than the Mavs/Heat.

ewing
04-15-2018, 08:49 AM
Would a terrible loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronz
04-15-2018, 11:12 AM
Remember when he was the perennial answer to whos choking come playoffs

ChiSox219
04-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Jimmy Butler defends Harden as well as anyone in the league, would not be surprised if he has some tough games.

tredigs
04-15-2018, 07:31 PM
Jimmy Butler defends Harden as well as anyone in the league, would not be surprised if he has some tough games.

He might have a couple tough games for this reason, but overall he will still be dominant, and they'll still sweep or win in 5. The Rockets are well oiled + loaded, the Wolves are all over the place with what they're trying to do to the floor.

tredigs
04-15-2018, 07:34 PM
Bron and the Cavs are the ones who have to be scared of a 1st round upset at this point.

tredigs
04-15-2018, 11:07 PM
After last years choke job and him probably winning mvp and having this special year what if he and the rockets lose n the first round? Would that be as massive of a choke as say heat/mavs?

How is this thread aging for you after 3 and and a half quarters?

Raps18-19 Champ
04-15-2018, 11:22 PM
Depends how well he performs.

Can't keep blaming 1 guy for a loss.

cmellofan15
04-16-2018, 12:15 AM
Should just go ahead and close this thread....the premise was stupid at first, and now itís even more stupid if you can believe it.

More-Than-Most
04-16-2018, 12:38 AM
is harden not known as a choker? did he not **** the bed last year? he played out of his mind yet it was still really close... they should have won but they didnt look impressive at all.

Htownballa1622
04-16-2018, 01:04 AM
is harden not known as a choker? did he not **** the bed last year? he played out of his mind yet it was still really close... they should have won but they didnt look impressive at all.

Boo hoo.

Nice thread.

tredigs
04-16-2018, 01:11 AM

You're all over the place. Harden killed it. His cast **** the bed. They still won on his back. Moving on?

AIRMAR72
04-16-2018, 01:23 AM
After last years choke job and him probably winning mvp and having this special year what if he and the rockets lose n the first round? Would that be as massive of a choke as say heat/mavs? that was last yr without any help but James Harden is a superior scorer the best Scoring SG since Michael Jeffrey Jordan. And THAT league had ever seen.. 2nd is D-wade (injuries) 3.T-Mac(injuries)

JAZZNC
04-16-2018, 07:16 AM
You're all over the place. Harden killed it. His cast **** the bed. They still won on his back. Moving on?

Even if it takes 5yrs for Harden to have a bad game again in the playoffs MTM will bring this thread up and say "See, I was right".

Driven
04-16-2018, 08:35 AM
If the Warriors lose to the Spurs first round, how massive of a choke job would that be?

If the Raptors lose the Wizards, how massive of a choke job would that be?

Based on Harden's and Paul's choking history, if they win the NBA Finals this year, will they rid themselves of their choking reputation?

Obvious thoughts are obvious. No need to make a thread.

JasonJohnHorn
04-16-2018, 09:02 AM
Well... this Wolves roster is actually really good. I think people would look at it poorly, but to be honest, the Wolves are every bit as good an likely better than the third seed in the playoffs when healthy.

The Warriors have a far easier match-up with the 7th seeded Spurs.

Of course, if Harden keep getting calls like this (https://streamable.com/8uq0q), it's going to be hard for him to choke.

ewing
04-16-2018, 10:23 AM
Well... this Wolves roster is actually really good. I think people would look at it poorly, but to be honest, the Wolves are every bit as good an likely better than the third seed in the playoffs when healthy.

Of course, if Harden keep getting calls like this (https://streamable.com/8uq0q), it's going to be hard for him to choke.

Thatís been a foul on the perimeter for over 20 years

FlakeyFool
04-16-2018, 10:35 AM

You can't breath on a guy. Foul everytime

Chronz
04-16-2018, 01:11 PM
Thatís been a foul on the perimeter for over 20 years

True, should've been a flagrant 2tho.

Chronz
04-16-2018, 01:12 PM
You can't breath on a guy. Foul everytime

Breathe on him? Lol, you can't even let him breathe on you...
https://youtu.be/bwayhBsy60s

ewing
04-16-2018, 03:39 PM

Harden is a total troll

JasonJohnHorn
04-16-2018, 08:04 PM

What's your Reddit handle? ;-)

More-Than-Most
04-21-2018, 09:38 PM
2 of the 3 games he has been garbage now... Bron/KD would get killed having these performances... this dudes team could still end up 3-0 as well.

LOb0
04-21-2018, 09:48 PM
Harden is the worst choker in modern history. He'll do it again this year. I would not be shocked if he did it this series.

JordansBulls
04-21-2018, 10:20 PM
This guy is still the best player in the NBA.

LOb0
04-21-2018, 11:40 PM
This guy is still the best player in the NBA.

If you don't count playoff basketball maybe.

Chronz
04-22-2018, 12:07 AM
They're still gonna win this series

JLynn943
04-22-2018, 12:25 AM
If you don't count playoff basketball maybe.

Or the half of the game where your team doesn't have the ball.

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 12:25 AM

Of course they are.

LOb0
04-22-2018, 12:33 AM

The 1 will beat the 8. Shocking.

Saddletramp
04-22-2018, 01:42 AM
The 1 will beat the 8. Shocking.

To be fair, the Wolves were the 3-4 seed all year until Butler got hurt, then they crumbled (maybe he should be MVP?) and then he came back healthy enough to play and had some rest. In saying that, 3rd seed or 8th seed, the Rockets should win the series 4-0 or 5-1. Game three will be crucial. And I'll be out of town for a week, dang it.

Chrisclover
04-22-2018, 11:41 AM
Bron and the Cavs are the ones who have to be scared of a 1st round upset at this point.

Bron is trembling. Wondering how the rigged league will save him from a disgraceful first round exit.
I am positive that he will be saved.

Htownballa1622
04-22-2018, 11:30 PM
2 of the 3 games he has been garbage now... Bron/KD would get killed having these performances... this dudes team could still end up 3-0 as well.

What are you talking about? He's had one amazing game.
One terreible game. One good game .

So how has he been garbage 2 out of 3? Put your energy into the 6ers tryna get out of East and hop off.

IKnowHoops
04-23-2018, 01:37 PM

Everybody accept T Wolve fans agree with you.

IKnowHoops
04-23-2018, 01:38 PM

Lol

IKnowHoops
04-23-2018, 01:41 PM

Unless we all start to ďhear JimmyĒ

More-Than-Most
04-23-2018, 09:22 PM
What are you talking about? He's had one amazing game.
One terreible game. One good game .

So how has he been garbage 2 out of 3? Put your energy into the 6ers tryna get out of East and hop off.

the last game his final shots that helped his shooting pct was in trash time... wolves had the game already so the pressure was off.

More-Than-Most
04-23-2018, 09:39 PM
he finally decided to come and play here in the 3rd after the entire first half he was awful and his team kept him in it.... Bron wishes he had that luxury.

cmellofan15
04-23-2018, 09:49 PM
Lebron prolly wishes he didnít push Kyrie away and get Thompson that spectacular contract :laugh2:

Chronz
04-23-2018, 10:21 PM
Lebron prolly wishes he didnít push Kyrie away and get Thompson that spectacular contract :laugh2:
Nah, he rather have the title. Prolly wishes they traded kyrie somewhere else tho

cmellofan15
04-24-2018, 06:10 PM
Nah, he rather have the title. Prolly wishes they traded kyrie somewhere else tho

Cavs win still win that Finals with a league average starting center, which is what TT is

europagnpilgrim
04-24-2018, 07:17 PM

what is the true definition of a choker? was Harden the heavily favored last year pre season or this year pre season favorite to win the title or did vegas recently jump on the bandwagon? didn't the year before last most experts predicted them to win 45 games or so? and they won damn near 60? didn't all you experts claim CP3 / Harden wouldn't work and they end up damn near winning 70 games with CP3 out for 20 or so and Harden missed a nice stretch?

what is the definition of choker? it could be any thing you feel, and from how you are viewing it, I guess everyone from Wilt to Russell(Bill) to Jordan to Tragic Magic to K Malone to Barkley to Miller to Shaq / Wade(swept 1st rd after winning title), I mean did Lebron choke his first couple of years because he didn't make the playoffs?

you are really taking the 'choker label' to a whole nother dimension

it was Harden or bust last year on offense, that is not a choke job if that much pressure is on you, did he have a horrible last game of the season, sure did, to say he choked is to ignore the 82 game season and a player career and say lets pick this game out of a 7 game series and say he choked, I use to laugh at the K Malone choke talk against Jordan, I just said he missed a FT, its not choking, just like it wouldn't be clutch hitting those free throws, its a freebie, make it

Jordan was favored so Malone should have lost, that's how I look at a choke job, like when Nuggets beat Sonics around 94' or so, or how Warriors beat Mavs 07', not when you lose a game and its all on your shoulders(offensively for all 87 games prior, now I agree he didn't shoot enough which is the only form of choking I would call it, not shooting the ball at the attempts you normally take especially in a do or die game, I would call that not having his ''gunner'' mentality in place, like his mind was wandering, drunk like

Now landing CP3 and getting put out 1st round would be good media chatter / jokes but I don't see it happening since they have developed what looks like good to super team chemistry and I don't think a team can play with them outside of the Warriors healthy, just from what little I have watched this season

Choking would be Warriors 73 win team getting put out first round, choking would be last year Warriors super stacked team not making at worst the Finals, other than that choking and your view of it is overrated

Chronz
04-24-2018, 09:18 PM
Cavs win still win that Finals with a league average starting center, which is what TT is
Which lg average center could they have plucked? They don't have to be tt to have value but given his switch ability and the frenetic scrambling schemes the Cavs ride defensively, they better be more productive than the likes of a lotto pick like him.

TT was the best they could get, hence they overpaid to win the chip. Don't let kd distract you from the fact that the warriors were already the best team in the league, Cavs needed every edge available

Chronz
04-24-2018, 09:24 PM
To me choking is when your team loses to a massively less talented/productive [healthy] squad with you struggling (more or less blame if it's an elite or weak defensive squad)

cmellofan15
04-24-2018, 09:39 PM
Which lg average center could they have plucked? They don't have to be tt to have value but given his switch ability and the frenetic scrambling schemes the Cavs ride defensively, they better be more productive than the likes of a lotto pick like him.

TT was the best they could get, hence they overpaid to win the chip. Don't let kd distract you from the fact that the warriors were already the best team in the league, Cavs needed every edge available

Thereís been plenty of guys put on the block and/or moved before and since that big contract got signed. Deandre Jordan was a name in the trade block around the time who would be much better suited for the job. Guys like Biyombo, Ibaka, Nurkic, Robin Lopez, Portis, Mirotic are guys who I believe could fulfill that role and have all been associated with trade rumors or have switched jerseys since then (idk if any of them garnered interest from the Cavs).

But do you think keeping TT around was a good idea, their only option or just a move to keep Bron happy?