PDA

View Full Version : Ben Simmons = the Real Thing

Sssmush
04-15-2018, 02:42 AM
Ok, leaving the previous discussion aside, Ben Simmons bears the single unifying hallmark of being a truly great truly transformational player. Ben Simmons has the unmistakable sign of a player that is TRULY a once-in-a-whatever real deal true NBA super-duper-star

And I mean since Shaq we've had Lebron, and Kobe who was always kind of a 1A type guy in a certain way... I mean that's another discussion but as transcendent as Kobe was and flawless competitor and perfect career for the most part, there were maybe enough holes in Kobe's game (inconsistent shooting sometimes, shot selection from outside sometimes, etc) and also the Shaq-Phil-Pau thing to where you could maybe say Kobe was not a mount Rushmore player but more like a 1A -- better than a Larry Bird, better than a Hakeem, but not a Jordan or a Magic let's say

So outside of Lebron then the past few years we have this plethora of "superstars" : the Chris Pauls and Westbrooks and Hardens etc of the world, the Durants, the Kawahis, etc, and of course there is a new crew of KATs and ADs coming along, each one more superlative than the last and the writers just run out of adjectives to describe how great these guys are. But in reality all those guys are like potential 1Bs for the most part -- hall of famers if they keep it together and keep their game tight. The one exception to that is Steph Curry who has at the height of his career defied all expectations and revolutionized the game, winning two MVPs and two championships along the way and still going strong, so who knows he's not done

However, like I was saying, BEN SIMMONS bears the one single unmistakeable no bull**** true characteristic of the real 1++ Mount Rushmore guy, which is that he comes in as a rookie and brings his team from worst in the league to not just the playoffs but a high seed and threatening to win a championship. Like for every ten or twenty Carmelo Anthonys there is one guy like a Ben Simmons, like a Lebron, who wherever he lands on the worst team in the league that team instantly becomes a real (top) contender his rookie season

Keep in mind that Ben Simmons still has never lost in the NBA playoffs before. For all we know, Ben Simmons may just be that guy who NEVER loses in the NBA playoffs. He may be the guy who wins the championship every season from here on out and wins more rings than anyone. We don't know. We don't know how deep that well goes, we don't know what will happen when another team tries to BEAT Ben Simmons in the NBA playoffs. Maybe for all we know Ben Simmons just gets better and better and finds another and another super power and just beats everybody from here on out. We don't know

Ben Simmons just might be that guy who, say in game 7 of the NBA Finals against Golden State, they are missing Embiid and Saric and so they start Simmons at center and he scores 42 points along with 25 rebounds and they win the NBA championship. Who knows. All I know is that there is a lot of talk about who is this and who is that, who got these shoes or those shoes, or who is sprite or mountain dew or whatever. But when is the last time a player came along and just transforms a nothing team into a serious contender his rookie year, and you are only talking about Lebron, Shaq, Magic etc. In other words the real thing

More-Than-Most
04-15-2018, 03:16 AM
we could have a prime lebron and prime dream : )

sep11ie
04-15-2018, 03:23 AM
And here is a great way to get people to hate someone... Is this Lamar Simmons writing this?

More-Than-Most
04-15-2018, 03:35 AM
And here is a great way to get people to hate someone... Is this Lamar Simmons writing this?

you already hate us and him... just witness and enjoy and accept the greatness and move on : )

ewing
04-15-2018, 06:21 AM
tl,dr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nastynice
04-15-2018, 07:25 AM
He’s a lock to be elite, he maybe already kinda is

That philly hate gonna come quick as hell. We got at least one postseason run of love out here in GS

tp13baby
04-15-2018, 07:40 AM
you already hate us and him... just witness and enjoy and accept the greatness and move on : )

No just the ridiculous statements you fans have made but Simmons is a stud. Likely the next guard to average a triple double. Now if he gets a jump shot that will be nuts

ewing
04-15-2018, 08:48 AM
Wow this guy is a terrible poster

Cal827
04-15-2018, 01:50 PM
He's looked great so far this season, but still think his game is extremely dependent on him developing a jump shot.

I don't say that to take away from what he's done this season, as even without much of one, this is one of the best rookie seasons I've ever seen. If he does develop range from mid and 3 point area, I don't know how the league will stop Philly (unless injuries) because teams can still play off him a bit when he's at the point until he starts to drive (like they do with Giannis).

And we've seen how the Bucks haven't really been able to take that extra step since Giannis is pretty bad from past 10 feet out. This season, Giannis shot 33% on shots farther than 10 feet away from the rim. In fact, he's still a pretty bad shooter from 3-10 feet out (35%). He's reliant on getting to the rim, and the team offense sometimes stagnates due to it (as he's not good, not great playmaker). Now Simmons is better at passing the ball, so it's unlikely he'll hold the offense up as much (also helps that Embiid is a teammate and Simmons will probably be a second option), but if he can get that shot going, Philly's gonna own the conference for years to come.

Imagine Embiid pushing people on the inside, and be able to kick it out to Fultz, Simmons, Saric, or Covington on the outside (with all of them able to hit open mid-range or 3s) ...:whistle:

Bostonjorge
04-15-2018, 02:13 PM
Simmons is already Prime Time. He’s the reason “trust the process” even worked. All the other high draft picks are gone. No Embiid and Fultz a non factor. Simmons took that team to the #3 seed and put up a great playoff debut.

Simmons needs Embiid to take the east of course.

Covington is the guy who will be guarding the other teams best player. Covington has been a great weapon for Simmons.

Chronz
04-15-2018, 02:35 PM
Simmons is already Prime Time. He’s the reason “trust the process” even worked. All the other high draft picks are gone. No Embiid and Fultz a non factor. Simmons took that team to the #3 seed and put up a great playoff debut.

Simmons needs Embiid to take the east of course.

Covington is the guy who will be guarding the other teams best player. Covington has been a great weapon for Simmons.

Nah. Embiid carried them early, Simmons caught fire late. Process works, don't forget Dario in that. They developed some nice role players in the interim between losing. They better give hinkie a ring

warfelg
04-15-2018, 03:43 PM
Nah. Embiid carried them early, Simmons caught fire late. Process works, don't forget Dario in that. They developed some nice role players in the interim between losing. They better give hinkie a ring

Dario, RoCo....even the bench with TJ and Holmes. All part of that. It's really a whole they are all part of the process.

Bostonjorge
04-15-2018, 04:12 PM
Philly’s first real winning was this year and this year is Simmons “Rookie” year. Season started with Embiid first winning season and he lead them to the 7-9 spot. Barely in or out. When Embiid went down Simmons took them beyond a “trust the process” team.

Simmons will fill the stat sheet in round 1. Miami has no answer for him.

europagnpilgrim
04-15-2018, 04:58 PM
Ok, leaving the previous discussion aside, Ben Simmons bears the single unifying hallmark of being a truly great truly transformational player. Ben Simmons has the unmistakable sign of a player that is TRULY a once-in-a-whatever real deal true NBA super-duper-star

And I mean since Shaq we've had Lebron, and Kobe who was always kind of a 1A type guy in a certain way... I mean that's another discussion but as transcendent as Kobe was and flawless competitor and perfect career for the most part, there were maybe enough holes in Kobe's game (inconsistent shooting sometimes, shot selection from outside sometimes, etc) and also the Shaq-Phil-Pau thing to where you could maybe say Kobe was not a mount Rushmore player but more like a 1A -- better than a Larry Bird, better than a Hakeem, but not a Jordan or a Magic let's say

So outside of Lebron then the past few years we have this plethora of "superstars" : the Chris Pauls and Westbrooks and Hardens etc of the world, the Durants, the Kawahis, etc, and of course there is a new crew of KATs and ADs coming along, each one more superlative than the last and the writers just run out of adjectives to describe how great these guys are. But in reality all those guys are like potential 1Bs for the most part -- hall of famers if they keep it together and keep their game tight. The one exception to that is Steph Curry who has at the height of his career defied all expectations and revolutionized the game, winning two MVPs and two championships along the way and still going strong, so who knows he's not done

However, like I was saying, BEN SIMMONS bears the one single unmistakeable no bull**** true characteristic of the real 1++ Mount Rushmore guy, which is that he comes in as a rookie and brings his team from worst in the league to not just the playoffs but a high seed and threatening to win a championship. Like for every ten or twenty Carmelo Anthonys there is one guy like a Ben Simmons, like a Lebron, who wherever he lands on the worst team in the league that team instantly becomes a real (top) contender his rookie season

Keep in mind that Ben Simmons still has never lost in the NBA playoffs before. For all we know, Ben Simmons may just be that guy who NEVER loses in the NBA playoffs. He may be the guy who wins the championship every season from here on out and wins more rings than anyone. We don't know. We don't know how deep that well goes, we don't know what will happen when another team tries to BEAT Ben Simmons in the NBA playoffs. Maybe for all we know Ben Simmons just gets better and better and finds another and another super power and just beats everybody from here on out. We don't know

Ben Simmons just might be that guy who, say in game 7 of the NBA Finals against Golden State, they are missing Embiid and Saric and so they start Simmons at center and he scores 42 points along with 25 rebounds and they win the NBA championship. Who knows. All I know is that there is a lot of talk about who is this and who is that, who got these shoes or those shoes, or who is sprite or mountain dew or whatever. But when is the last time a player came along and just transforms a nothing team into a serious contender his rookie year, and you are only talking about Lebron, Shaq, Magic etc. In other words the real thing

Ben Simmons was this good at LSU, he is just stronger / older now, still plays the same as I have stated on here about players and also said this when they had in other threads who had the best young core and I said Simmons / Embiid and its not close because they are young superstars of the game right now but couldn't put it on display due to injuries, health was the only thing from it coming to full fruition

so all that talk you just spoke of could have been said rather shortly, 'Ben Simmons has been this good since NCAA, and based on past players of his mold they usually are that good / dominant coming out of college and some HS', not accomplished players like Laettner and Tebows of the world, but those players you watch over and over and try to find something to nitpick over but you are left with saying that player just sticks out like other legends prior

KobeOwnSU
04-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Ben Simmons just got the Smush curse. It's over for him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Chronz
04-15-2018, 05:04 PM
Philly’s first real winning was this year and this year is Simmons “Rookie” year. Season started with Embiid first winning season and he lead them to the 7-9 spot. Barely in or out. When Embiid went down Simmons took them beyond a “trust the process” team.

Nah, Simmons was stinking up the joint in the games/minutes Embiid wasn't out there for the first part of the season. Like i already mentioned, one carried them early, the other late and throughout it all, embiid remains the superior talent, difference maker and producer. Ben is good too tho

Chronz
04-15-2018, 05:06 PM
Ben Simmons was this good at LSU, he is just stronger / older now, still plays the same as I have stated on here about players and also said this when they had in other threads who had the best young core and I said Simmons / Embiid and its not close because they are young superstars of the game right now but couldn't put it on display due to injuries, health was the only thing from it coming to full fruition

so all that talk you just spoke of could have been said rather shortly, 'Ben Simmons has been this good since NCAA, and based on past players of his mold they usually are that good / dominant coming out of college and some HS', not accomplished players like Laettner and Tebows of the world, but those players you watch over and over and try to find something to nitpick over but you are left with saying that player just sticks out like other legends prior
Ben Simmons disagrees with you. How often does that have to happen for you to change your stance on this ridiculous theory of yours.

Ben says he would've whooped his year younger version of himself in every facetof the game

Sssmush
04-15-2018, 05:27 PM
No just the ridiculous statements you fans have made but Simmons is a stud. Likely the next guard to average a triple double. Now if he gets a jump shot that will be nuts

See right there this is exactly what I’m talking about (nothing against your post tpBaby just making a point here)

See, for instance the hype/narrative etc of Westbrook averaging a triple double. “ oh my god, never in my lifetime, and now Westbrook has done it TWICE!! Just there are no words” etc etc

Ok. Westbrook is a nice player. Although obviously averaging a triple double is way easier now, in that any pass in the backcourt, even a lateral pass 28 feet from the basket, can be an “assist” because of all the threes (see also: Lonzo Ball assist stats). On a side note here, assists should maybe only be counted as assists now if the pass is to a situation where there is greater than 75% chance of scoring ( and would count as assist regardless of fouling)

Because for instance if our guards and wings are shooting 35% from three, but I pass it to them outside the arc 30 times, ok then they make ten 3s and now I got 11 assists and a triple double. The 3 dynamic also opens up the midrange quite a lot too. Whoever handles the ball will get assists, especially if they hold/pound the ball then frequently dish off at the end

But again the point. Bam. Ben Simmons made the Sixers top contenders from last place overnight, as a rookie, yeah and Embiid seems to make no difference really, there I will say it.

So again there is a huge differnce between averaging 10/10/10 or being the most respected etc etc and what we see from Simmons, which is TRANSFORM his team and the layout of the league as a rookie, without even totally pressing the accelerator yet I might add, that is the definition of transformative. Shaq transformed the league put Orlando in the finals. Lebron transformed the league put cleveland in the finals. Ooops Ben Simmons rookie comes along, now Philly is the favorite to win the Eastern playoffs. What is that? That is the sign. That is the mark of the next mount rushmore illuminaughty NBA chosen one. there is levels to this people

One Nut Kruk
04-15-2018, 06:56 PM
Yeah, he’ll probably never lose in the NBA playoffs lmao

More-Than-Most
04-15-2018, 07:15 PM

until the last 10 games without embiid the record without embiid was putrid... We played the toughest sch in basketball with embiid when embiid carried... when embiid went down we have a cake walk... just stop. Simmons has insane talent but embiid has no weaknesses in his game unlike simmons.

One Nut Kruk
04-15-2018, 07:19 PM
until the last 10 games without embiid the record without embiid was putrid... We played the toughest sch in basketball with embiid when embiid carried... when embiid went down we have a cake walk... just stop. Simmons has insane talent but embiid has no weaknesses in his game unlike simmons.

Your boy sssmush says Embid makes no difference either. Are these people for real?

More-Than-Most
04-15-2018, 07:31 PM
Your boy sssmush says Embid makes no difference either. Are these people for real?

lol

europagnpilgrim
04-15-2018, 07:39 PM

Kobe would have never treated Simmons as he did Smush, Simmons has plenty of game that Kobe would have respected and would have spoken to him numerous times during games / practices / off days, he wouldn't even give Smush the convo respect, not saying its right or wrong but its disrespectful to Smush that your peer view you not even worth a convo, Simmons this season alone trumps Smush entire career pretty much

wait, if you are talking about someone on here name Smush then nevermind my reply

europagnpilgrim
04-15-2018, 07:43 PM
See right there this is exactly what I’m talking about (nothing against your post tpBaby just making a point here)

See, for instance the hype/narrative etc of Westbrook averaging a triple double. “ oh my god, never in my lifetime, and now Westbrook has done it TWICE!! Just there are no words” etc etc

Ok. Westbrook is a nice player. Although obviously averaging a triple double is way easier now, in that any pass in the backcourt, even a lateral pass 28 feet from the basket, can be an “assist” because of all the threes (see also: Lonzo Ball assist stats). On a side note here, assists should maybe only be counted as assists now if the pass is to a situation where there is greater than 75% chance of scoring ( and would count as assist regardless of fouling)

Because for instance if our guards and wings are shooting 35% from three, but I pass it to them outside the arc 30 times, ok then they make ten 3s and now I got 11 assists and a triple double. The 3 dynamic also opens up the midrange quite a lot too. Whoever handles the ball will get assists, especially if they hold/pound the ball then frequently dish off at the end

But again the point. Bam. Ben Simmons made the Sixers top contenders from last place overnight, as a rookie, yeah and Embiid seems to make no difference really, there I will say it.

So again there is a huge differnce between averaging 10/10/10 or being the most respected etc etc and what we see from Simmons, which is TRANSFORM his team and the layout of the league as a rookie, without even totally pressing the accelerator yet I might add, that is the definition of transformative. Shaq transformed the league put Orlando in the finals. Lebron transformed the league put cleveland in the finals. Ooops Ben Simmons rookie comes along, now Philly is the favorite to win the Eastern playoffs. What is that? That is the sign. That is the mark of the next mount rushmore illuminaughty NBA chosen one. there is levels to this people

Don't forget AI transformed the league(still stands right now) and had Philly in the Finals as well by year 5, not as fast as Bron / Shaq but that's pretty impressive seeing the support cast from each player

Simmons is legit, young superstar, no different than others in the past or right now like Davis / Cousins etc., who are just more proven young superstars but were once in Simmons position, that's easy to see, but for others on here its a mystery, put down the metrics and watch some games so it can hit you right in the face like a ton of bricks, the alphabet gang needs to rest for a while and let the games decide who is who and what is what

Raps18-19 Champ
04-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Ben Simmon was always the real thing. He's taken such a big step though. Didn't think he would be at this level until like his 2nd year in the league (though I guess this is technically his 2nd season under NBA contract).

sixer04fan
04-15-2018, 08:51 PM
You think he’s impressive now? Just imagine how good he’d be if he wasn’t a bust for not getting LSU to the NCAA tournament. Or if he wasn’t drafted into the Sixers’ shameful irreversible losing culture.

TrustJoseph
04-15-2018, 10:38 PM
Respect respect, but don't say Embid isn't a difference maker, Embid and Simmons sre both transcending talents. I'm just glad they are both on my team, and then you add in Fultz and it's like wow

GREATNESS ONE
04-15-2018, 11:14 PM

:laugh:

I was like Smuuuussshh hahaha

Sssmush
04-16-2018, 12:52 AM
Don't forget AI transformed the league(still stands right now) and had Philly in the Finals as well by year 5, not as fast as Bron / Shaq but that's pretty impressive seeing the support cast from each player

Simmons is legit, young superstar, no different than others in the past or right now like Davis / Cousins etc., who are just more proven young superstars but were once in Simmons position, that's easy to see, but for others on here its a mystery, put down the metrics and watch some games so it can hit you right in the face like a ton of bricks, the alphabet gang needs to rest for a while and let the games decide who is who and what is what

well I agree with a lot of what you say, however again I am specifically making the point that Ben Simmons is on a totally different level than all these flavor of the month "transformative superstars" or "best [whatever] in the league" or "best [whatever]" or "[whatever] that we have been waiting for".

So yeah SPECIFICALLY I am saying he is not an AD, not a KAT, not a Cousins, not a Wiggins, also not a Harden, not a CP3, not a Westbrook, not a Paul George, not an Oladipo, not an Aldridge, not a Lillard, not a Kevin Love, not a Carmelo, not a Durant, etc etc etc

Although those guys are great, and hf Durant is a legit hall of famer, but again here is Simmons the guy who lands on the worst team in the league as a rookie and now has them on course for the NBA Finals and who knows maybe a rookie championship MVP especially if they face the Rockets

So I am specifically saying that is the one undeniable thing you almost never see, the guy who is so truly transformative that the the hype or the "narrative" lags behind and doesn't even know how to frame it. Like LoL people are scurrying around at ESPN right now like "what is the narrative? what is the narrative?" He's so quiet he's like a giant shark swimming around and he never talks and his game is so advanced it is virtually opaque even the announcers are just like "oh yes, there he made a nice pass did you see that?" But trust me as this moves along through the playoffs and especially if Lebron gets stuck playing against this guy it will become more and more obvious

basically let's see Boston or Toronto go out there and try to beat this guy in the playoffs Embiid or no Embiid and then you'll see what I'm talking about this is no joke

Sssmush
04-16-2018, 12:56 AM
LoL just think about it, CP3 how is breathlessly mentioned as the greatest point guard etc etc has never been out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. Ok then *oops* if Simmons goes to the Finals or wins a championship, I mean he is already in a different "room" or discussion

Sssmush
04-16-2018, 01:06 AM

*meh*. I mean don't get me wrong Embiid can be spectacular, and he had that magnificent game against the Lakers. Here's a few issues though:

1. durability. His durability isn't terrible but is not great either. He seems to play under control though and his body mechanics look good/solid though so I would assume this becomes less and less of an issue

2. Embiid's rebounding is not elite. Certainly it's alright, but he's not a vacuum cleaner off the boards like a Rodman or Shaq for instance or a total package next level front court player

3. He seems to lack some back to basket scoring techniques, in terms of being a really efficient post player. His base doesn't always seem as strong as it should for someone his size. Like where you could think he could almost turn around and dunk or go straight up with it, he seems to be leaning way out or way in and shooting some awkward off balance shots from 5-10 feet etc

4. The defense is good not great

5. his spacing or positioning on the floor seems to limit the options sometimes, like he gets the ball on the wing and works for a shot or whatever, don't know the numbers but guessing the efficiency isn't that amazing.

what really sets Embiid apart in my estimation is the significant 3 point shooting skill that he has. His three point range and accuracy is really exquisite, and especially as a 7+ footer it is awesome. That should be exploited more and more if you ask me, work the inside out from down low but also use him straight up like a Klay Thompson type guy. I'm hoping the oribital fracture doesn't **** up his shooting at all, who know knows maybe makes it better

But yeah, clearly Simmons looks like he'd put this team in the finals Embiid or no Embiid. And in fact I have enough question marks that I might even trade Embiid for the right package and make the team around Simmons

also Fultz looks 100% legit to me. Right from game one back I thought Fultz is for real, he has a serious pro-level handle, looks calm and confident, real court vision, the shot... yeah.

Fultz + Simmons = the process for me. If Embiid stays on the court and shows out at full strength then bam that is like an embarassment of riches but again he is inconsistent enough of a question mark that I could actually consider a trade, especially like for a Booker or Giannis, or maybe even a Donovan Mitchel + picks deal who knows. call me crazy

TrustJoseph
04-16-2018, 02:06 AM
*meh*. I mean don't get me wrong Embiid can be spectacular, and he had that magnificent game against the Lakers. Here's a few issues though:

1. durability. His durability isn't terrible but is not great either. He seems to play under control though and his body mechanics look good/solid though so I would assume this becomes less and less of an issue

2. Embiid's rebounding is not elite. Certainly it's alright, but he's not a vacuum cleaner off the boards like a Rodman or Shaq for instance or a total package next level front court player

3. He seems to lack some back to basket scoring techniques, in terms of being a really efficient post player. His base doesn't always seem as strong as it should for someone his size. Like where you could think he could almost turn around and dunk or go straight up with it, he seems to be leaning way out or way in and shooting some awkward off balance shots from 5-10 feet etc

4. The defense is good not great

5. his spacing or positioning on the floor seems to limit the options sometimes, like he gets the ball on the wing and works for a shot or whatever, don't know the numbers but guessing the efficiency isn't that amazing.

what really sets Embiid apart in my estimation is the significant 3 point shooting skill that he has. His three point range and accuracy is really exquisite, and especially as a 7+ footer it is awesome. That should be exploited more and more if you ask me, work the inside out from down low but also use him straight up like a Klay Thompson type guy. I'm hoping the oribital fracture doesn't **** up his shooting at all, who know knows maybe makes it better

But yeah, clearly Simmons looks like he'd put this team in the finals Embiid or no Embiid. And in fact I have enough question marks that I might even trade Embiid for the right package and make the team around Simmons

also Fultz looks 100% legit to me. Right from game one back I thought Fultz is for real, he has a serious pro-level handle, looks calm and confident, real court vision, the shot... yeah.

Fultz + Simmons = the process for me. If Embiid stays on the court and shows out at full strength then bam that is like an embarassment of riches but again he is inconsistent enough of a question mark that I could actually consider a trade, especially like for a Booker or Giannis, or maybe even a Donovan Mitchel + picks deal who knows. call me crazy

I think you are just an embid hater. He doesn't get a ton of boards because our entire starting unit gets board's, he lacks back to the basket stuff? Yeah okay.

Embid is in his second year of playing, he's 21 year's old and will get way better than the dominate beast he is now. Aling with Fultz along with Simmons. All three will be key to the sixers being a dynasty. For you to act lile embid is a weak link is absurd. He got head butted by his teammate and he's ndot durable..... Lol yeah okay.

TrustJoseph
04-16-2018, 02:07 AM
Trade Embid..... Good bye

Sssmush
04-16-2018, 04:16 AM
I think you are just an embid hater. He doesn't get a ton of boards because our entire starting unit gets board's, he lacks back to the basket stuff? Yeah okay.

Embid is in his second year of playing, he's 21 year's old and will get way better than the dominate beast he is now. Aling with Fultz along with Simmons. All three will be key to the sixers being a dynasty. For you to act lile embid is a weak link is absurd. He got head butted by his teammate and he's ndot durable..... Lol yeah okay.

Look I dont know I’m just saying it’s an option. Embiid is a really great piece, better than a KAT, better than AD, is what they wish Porzingus was. Embiid is awesome. So I’m not sure.... I mean if (IF) you could get any player in the league for Embiid... I dont know if maybe you do that. Like COULD you get Giannis for Embiid? COULD you get Booker? COULD you get the 2018 #1 overall? These are questions. If you could, maybe the team is even better, maybe not do you do that? These are questions

Because nobody is saying that Embiid is a Shaq. He’s intriguing though, he could be like a better Hakeem that can shoot 3s. But theres never been that guy, so does he fulfill that promise or does he just become like a Brooke Lopez eventually. Like would you take a future all world wing Giannis straight up for Embiid, these are questions

More-Than-Most
04-16-2018, 06:21 AM
lol wtf... embiid averages 11 rebounds a game in 30 minutes... his rebounding per 36 is 13... how the hell doesnt he get rebounds.. that is 7th in all of basketball BUT HERES THE KICKER

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds

the ones ahead of him are Kanter/AD/Jordan/drummond/dwight/towns.... AD and towns get 1 more rebound per game in 6 more minutes per game... so embiid is the 4th best in all of basketball getting rebounds. Now lets use logic here and factor in that Drummond/dwight/jordan dont have a 3 point shot and literally stand near the paint where is embiid is around the perimeter a ton... so explain to me how embiid isnt a top rebounder?

Also HIS DEFENSE ISNT THAT GREAT lol... What? He is likely going to finish 2nd to gobert only in DPOY

TheDish87
04-16-2018, 08:56 AM
ohhh man this is the same OP who said all last year that the Sixers would be open to trading Simmons to the Lakers. lololol

IndyRealist
04-16-2018, 09:52 AM
Drunk posting is bad, mmm'kay?

ewing
04-16-2018, 10:31 AM
Mitchell scored more

Sssmush
04-16-2018, 12:48 PM
ohhh man this is the same OP who said all last year that the Sixers would be open to trading Simmons to the Lakers. lololol

YEAH i wanted that. I know its impossible now though. I also predicted in the summer kuzma would be better but Simmons is an order of magnitude better at least

Sssmush
04-16-2018, 01:00 PM
lol wtf... embiid averages 11 rebounds a game in 30 minutes... his rebounding per 36 is 13... how the hell doesnt he get rebounds.. that is 7th in all of basketball BUT HERES THE KICKER

the ones ahead of him are Kanter/AD/Jordan/drummond/dwight/towns.... AD and towns get 1 more rebound per game in 6 more minutes per game... so embiid is the 4th best in all of basketball getting rebounds. Now lets use logic here and factor in that Drummond/dwight/jordan dont have a 3 point shot and literally stand near the paint where is embiid is around the perimeter a ton... so explain to me how embiid isnt a top rebounder?

Also HIS DEFENSE ISNT THAT GREAT lol... What? He is likely going to finish 2nd to gobert only in DPOY

Right I get all that you are right. But in Simmons we are literally talking about someone who is a rookie in the GOAT conversation. No joke

So if we assess Embiid in that light, ok the guy is huge. But he doesnt average 20 rebounds or something crazy like Rodman. He’s not a Shaq force in the post. He’s not an ultimate defensive stopper — or who knows maybe he is, I dont know how would he defend against a Shaq its hard to say. The dude from arizona is a shaq they say

Again for me what sets embiid apart is the exquisite shooting. If he couldnt shoot beyond 10 feet he’d still be all star quality. But hes not a wing player so its a question mark does he fulfil that promise in a system. The durability is also an issue but that should improve

Again, it is nice to be philly, to maybe have the option to pick any player in the league for a trade if you wanted. But again I dont know if milwaukee would send giannis for embiid, or if philly fans would be like f it no way embiid is much better than giannis i dont know tgese are questions

TheDish87
04-16-2018, 01:20 PM
how high are you right now?

kyubi256
04-16-2018, 01:26 PM
Ben Simmons is amazing. Him and Embiid are definitely guys to build around. I think he will be a superstar in about 3 years to be honest

TheDish87
04-16-2018, 01:35 PM
hes probably considered a superstar at the end of next season unless we make a finals run now he will be there to start next season.

R. Johnson#3
04-16-2018, 02:36 PM
If Ben Simmons develops a jump shot he'll be a generational talent. If he doesn't develop a jump shot he'll be a superstar.

TrustJoseph
04-16-2018, 05:44 PM

I think he's implying that embid should be averaging minimum 20 boards per game.

Legitimate
04-16-2018, 07:20 PM
still going to be losing to the raps if they ever play, then he'll be known as ben 'bend over' simmons :D

warfelg
04-16-2018, 08:27 PM
still going to be losing to the raps if they ever play, then he'll be known as ben 'bend over' simmons :D

So witty I just died :rolleyes:

JAZZNC
04-16-2018, 09:10 PM
Like I love Donovan Mitchell and all but I'd trade him for Embiid instantly. I'll figure out how to have him and Gobert on the court at the same time later. This guy is posting some ridiculous stuff here. Yes there will always be worries about another injury and I think he's a total douche but the guy can ****ing ball! And he's barely old enough to drink. So yeah, the guys is real damn good and hasn't even scratched the surface. When he figures out winning basketball (which is a scary thought) he's gonna be basically unstoppable.

Sssmush
04-16-2018, 09:21 PM
Like I love Donovan Mitchell and all but I'd trade him for Embiid instantly. I'll figure out how to have him and Gobert on the court at the same time later. This guy is posting some ridiculous stuff here. Yes there will always be worries about another injury and I think he's a total douche but the guy can ****ing ball! And he's barely old enough to drink. So yeah, the guys is real damn good and hasn't even scratched the surface. When he figures out winning basketball (which is a scary thought) he's gonna be basically unstoppable.

yeah I mean that's the question, however the potential for Embiid is pretty astronomical. My only question like I said is that it is kind of undefined right now, and also a big part of what makes Embiid next level compared to say KAT, Aldrige, Horford, Drummond, AD etc (and he is younger than those guys except KAT and has different athleticism too except KAT and AD) but what makes him different is this exquisite 3 point shooting ability

so I mean there is just a lot for the coaches to pull together into Embiid's overall game. you don't want him to be like a Brooke Lopez guy who takes 10-12 threes and shoots 40% and kind of moves around, plays a bit of center, solid defender, etc. Like that wouldn't be the same as a Shaq or Tim Duncan who just controls the game from downlow. AND with Embiid he's got that option so you can post him up out past the 3 point line let's say, and then he can pass, take you off the dribble, shoot the 3, etc the possibilities are tantalizing but his overall game just has to come together

Whereas Ben Simmons seems to be figuring this out just before our eyes and looks to have an extremely complete game already, is an A++ point guard already and is heading toward the Finals with his current team already without Embiid even playing right now

Sssmush
04-16-2018, 09:29 PM

yeah we'll see. It will be interesting to see if Ben Simmons can be defeated in a seven game series, it's never happened before. I mean we've seen Deroazan and what's his face get folded up and spanked every playoffs for the past ten years

So let's see what happens against Philly if both teams even get there. Of course all bets are off if the league suddenly decides that the narrative is "It's Toronto's Turn" and they start getting 20 extra FTs a game to compensate for their sucky 3 point shooting, which compared to Philly with Covington, Reddick, Embiid, Saric etc is a gross mismatch

So as long as tthe league doesn't wake up after a couple weeks and decide that the narrative is "Ben Simmons, the rookie learns to pay his dues" or whatever, to show that the NBA is so hard or whatever.... I mean if that doesn't happen, I mean really watching the games I feel like we still haven't totally seen what Simmons can do if he puts it into 3rd, 4th, 5th gear etc.

I mean Sixers down by a point, 10 seconds left, Simmons dribbling top of the key, how does your team feel about that? Just exactly WHO on this planet, including Lebron, is gonna stop Simmons just taking it to the hoop and slamming it in everybody's face and getting the And1? I mean all season and going back to summer league, I haven't really seen anybody including Lebron stop Simmons from dribbling the ball anywhere he wants to on the court at anytime so we'll see if all of a sudden the Raptors think they are the team

One Nut Kruk
04-16-2018, 10:22 PM
how high are you right now?

I wish I was as high as him

nastynice
04-17-2018, 12:21 AM

He barely started playing a few years ago too, right?

Him and Simmons both have serious potential. I don’t ever remember a team rising this fast

Sssmush
04-17-2018, 03:04 AM

Him and Simmons both have serious potential. I don’t ever remember a team rising this fast

yeah and somehow people aren't even realizing that right now it is only Simmons, with no Embiid. On a 16 game winning streak and just handled the Miami Heat by 30 in game one of the playoffs. And it looked like Miami was really running hard too, up 10 pts or something early, banging, getting rough... then it's just like Philly quietly has a second gear and it's not even a game

I will say that Philly has a really nice roster of shooters, including Fultz. All year I didn't think their offense was that well coached, but it seems to be good enough now

Sssmush
04-17-2018, 03:10 AM
errrrrrrrrrrrrrr but then I just saw that Philly lost to Miami tonight

My bad I've been on the computer all afternoon and night didn't even check the scores. I'm sure this will be blasted as another "classic Sssmush move" or whatever

Anyhow, Miami shot 30 FTs and Philadelphia shot 22 FTs, which is just about almost the margin of victory. So uh yeah this seems in keeping with the "Young hotshot needs to pay his dues, gets shown the ropes by the tough hard hat veteran D-Wade" narrative and makes it more of a series etc etc. Cool so let's just get this narrative out of the way in the first round ok? 6 games and then you can say they had a tough first introduction to the NBA playoffs, and they don't start building a playing time advantage over the Cavs just yet

GREATNESS ONE
04-17-2018, 03:50 AM

Watch the Lakers next year Loc

GREATNESS ONE
04-17-2018, 03:52 AM
Ya’ll been Smussh”ed funny he’s been posting it for years in the Lakers thread and all the guys eating it up in the NBA Forum.

TheDish87
04-17-2018, 08:49 AM

thats not weird

IKnowHoops
04-18-2018, 09:14 PM
“Of course of course!?”

nastynice
04-19-2018, 01:21 AM

My bad I've been on the computer all afternoon and night didn't even check the scores. I'm sure this will be blasted as another "classic Sssmush move" or whatever

Anyhow, Miami shot 30 FTs and Philadelphia shot 22 FTs, which is just about almost the margin of victory. So uh yeah this seems in keeping with the "Young hotshot needs to pay his dues, gets shown the ropes by the tough hard hat veteran D-Wade" narrative and makes it more of a series etc etc. Cool so let's just get this narrative out of the way in the first round ok? 6 games and then you can say they had a tough first introduction to the NBA playoffs, and they don't start building a playing time advantage over the Cavs just yet

Actually the narrative is all about look how good Philly is doing after suffering so much, leagues gonna do everything in their power to get philly a chip this year. You should be excited about these narratives nba tryina push

cmellofan15
04-19-2018, 06:24 AM

Lmao bro you didnt even watch the game how would you know??

Sssmush
04-20-2018, 03:21 AM
Watch the Lakers next year Loc

oh right. After we sign Lebron, PG13, CP3 and trade for either Westbrook or Kawahi, and then re-sign Randle. We will be AWESOME

seriously don't talk to me about the Lakers during playoff time I am just not in the #$%#$@##@#@ mood for it

Sssmush
04-20-2018, 03:34 AM
Actually the narrative is all about look how good Philly is doing after suffering so much, leagues gonna do everything in their power to get philly a chip this year. You should be excited about these narratives nba tryina push

just saying....

like look the media was literally calling out for Embiid to reenter the lineup. And sure he scored some points and he did well, the team is stronger with him. But does Philly lose that game if Embiid sits? No, I don't think so

dont' get me wrong, the facemask is COOL and that is an awesome look/narrative in itself

however let's say hypothetically, if Embiid were to sprain his ankle and miss a few more games, would that derail Philly's road to a potential Finals? I wouldn't be surprised if Philly just kept right on rolling with Ben Simmons

so the point is, that the league doesn't seem ready for THAT narrative, i.e., "Ben Simmons is the 1st legit transformative player to come into the league since Lebron and he singlehandedly drags the last place Sixers into the NBA Finals in his rookie year"

I mean go ahead and take a swig off that narrative, slosh it around a bit and tell me what you think

because what I'm saying is the league/media/what's the difference seems vastly more comfortable with the "Simmons and Embiid are the greatest duo to enter the league since Kobe and Shaq" narrative. However in reality, even if they get that narrative it just kind of obscures the reality that Simmons is that guy. See also: 16 game win streak to finish the season and commanding playoff win in first game without Embiid

don't get me wrong, I really like Embiid. Also he is the Mr Personality of the team, he's got jokes, foibles, he social medias, he has charisma, everything. Whereas Ben Simmons is almost like a Tim Duncan type dude that is very self-controlled and probably just all about game and doesn't really feel like being an entertainer or media type dude, so if he is paired up like a super duo with Embiid it is like a better TV series or whatever and there are cool commercials possible etc I am helping

Silent
04-20-2018, 05:02 AM
Wait till Next Year He Will Be MVP

Sssmush
04-25-2018, 02:40 AM
LoL when Philly lights up Boston then the picture will get even more clear. Boston’s game is such that the refs can’t even give them a lot of free throws to make it more of a series

Point guard and center are HUGE mismatches and also Philly has more shooters

Oh yeah and Boston isnt even out of the first round yet

Gladys
04-25-2018, 07:49 AM
I think Kobe is a bigger star than Boston. The league's best interests were for Kobe to win this series and instructed the refs accordingly, this is probably a good place to start.