PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Miami HEAT White Hot Playoffs

AllBall
04-14-2018, 04:59 PM
Round 1 - Miami HEAT vs. Philadelphia 76ers
https://i.imgur.com/Ay5xRzz.png

Game 1: Saturday, 8 p.m., at Wells Fargo Center, Fox Sports Sun, ESPN

Game 2: Monday, 8 p.m., at Wells Fargo Center, Fox Sports Sun, TNT

Game 3: Thursday April 19, 7 p.m., at AmericanAirlines Arena, 7 p.m., Fox Sports Sun, TNT

Game 4: Saturday April 21, 2:30 p.m., at AmericanAirlines Arena, Fox Sports Sun, TNT

Game 5*: Tuesday April 24, Time TBA, at Wells Fargo Center, Fox Sports Sun

Game 6*: Thursday April 26, Time TBA, at AmericanAirlines Arena, Fox Sports Sun

Game 7*: Saturday April 28, Time TBA, at Wells Fargo Center, Fox Sports Sun, TNT

*If necessary

HandsOnTheWheel
04-14-2018, 09:37 PM
Get.Whiteside.Out

He isn't all there on the court, you yank him if you're Spo

HandsOnTheWheel
04-14-2018, 10:26 PM
Dragic is MIA. Still think he's worn down from playing the summer overseas. Need a lot more from Hassan and Goran if we're going to stand a chance against this team

AllBall
04-14-2018, 10:58 PM
Need to see the guards show up (Dragic, JRich, TJ). Would have gone to McGruder out there in significant minutes. Ellington should have been setup better as well. Wade did good. Olynyk was good. I liked that the team kept their composure, didn't get emotional, kept grinding and didn't complain to refs. I expect the coaching staff will come through with adjustments.

beasted86
04-15-2018, 11:27 AM
Richardson and Whiteside were horrible and Dragić had an off night. Need a lot more from those 3 to make this more competitive.

All-In
04-15-2018, 05:21 PM
Need to see the guards show up (Dragic, JRich, TJ). Would have gone to McGruder out there in significant minutes. Ellington should have been setup better as well. Wade did good. Olynyk was good. I liked that the team kept their composure, didn't get emotional, kept grinding and didn't complain to refs. I expect the coaching staff will come through with adjustments.

During the season Mcgruder was a +5.9 net efficiency while Wade was a -5.2 net efficiency

I know Wade come playoffs is still valuable due to his ball handling and play making but I think for our system Mcgruder is a better fit, hes a better defender and 3pt shooter

I'm not saying Wade shouldn't play, Wade comes up clutch for us a lot but at the very least Mcgruder should be getting more minutes

AllBall
04-15-2018, 05:27 PM
During the season Mcgruder was a +5.9 net efficiency while Wade was a -5.2 net efficiency

I know Wade come playoffs is still valuable due to his ball handling and play making but I think for our system Mcgruder is a better fit, hes a better defender and 3pt shooter

I'm not saying Wade shouldn't play, Wade comes up clutch for us a lot but at the very least Mcgruder should be getting more minutes

Yeah, I meant more like swapping McGruder for one of the starting guards if they're having a poor night or playing him instead of TJ. I think you can still leave Wade in as he's been fine with the second unit.

hotdalton18
04-16-2018, 11:13 AM
All the momentum is with them but if we can some how steal it tonight...things drastically change

LRizzle
04-16-2018, 11:48 AM
Embiid isn't playing tonight. Tonights game is crucial.
When you consider how poorly J-Rich, Dragic and Whiteside played and how completely out of their minds Ilyasova and Bellinelli played for the Sixers, the scoreboard shouldn't have been any different. They shot 64% from 3 pt land... a team that averages 11 a game and they made 18... We also lost the turnover battle with 18 and they only committed 11. They also got 17 offensive rebounds to our 10, but I felt many were just bad bounces and lucky breaks. Just happens sometimes. I expect this 2nd game to be much much closer. How they played is unsustainable and we played terrible in the 2nd half.

AllBall
04-16-2018, 08:44 PM
So, does McGruder just not exist to Spo? JRich is playing garbage again, pull him the F out.

hotdalton18
04-16-2018, 09:31 PM
This is what I'm talking about!!

Wade and Dragic saving our *** on offense tonight lol

Winslow doing great on simmons

hotdalton18
04-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Put Bam on Simmons when Winslow is out...I liked how that looked at the end

AllBall
04-16-2018, 09:40 PM
Put Bam on Simmons when Winslow is out...I liked how that looked at the end

They throwing everybody at him Winslow, JJ, Bam, JRich. Whoever can pick him up full court.

Father Prime on fire!

lavilevi23
04-16-2018, 09:53 PM
Safe to say this entire organization is ready to move on from Whiteside.

AllBall
04-16-2018, 10:13 PM

Unless he has a significant game these playoffs, he's a gonner.

lavilevi23
04-16-2018, 10:27 PM
Plz dont lose this

lavilevi23
04-16-2018, 10:43 PM
Theyíre getting all the calls man..
Its like these refs on a mission to help philly

beasted86
04-16-2018, 10:51 PM

After how many months a few seem to be coming around.

He's not a fit for this team at all. He has poor offensive IQ and a mediocre work ethic. He's made zero improvement, and added no new skills to his game since 3 years ago.

He's an above average NBA player who could do good with other teams and is definitely a starter, but in Miami he simply doesn't make the team better overall.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-16-2018, 10:58 PM
Ship him to Brooklyn for 2 future unprotected first rounders ;)

HandsOnTheWheel
04-16-2018, 10:59 PM
Great win, probably would have got blown out again if not for Wade

AllBall
04-16-2018, 11:08 PM

beasted86
04-16-2018, 11:26 PM
Ship him to Brooklyn for 2 future unprotected first rounders ;)

I know you were joking, but I would trade him in a heartbeat for even just a lottery pick with top 7 protection as long as the contract coming back is also an expiring deal.

People seem to really not understand Whiteside is essentially an expiring contract. It's talked about slightly, but hasn't sunken in yet for most.

What can you get for a 29yr old expiring center who clogs the lane, can't pass for s##t, provides zero leadership and is making $24M?

WaDe03
04-16-2018, 11:31 PM
Wade still the best player at 36, we need him at 18 per game

All-In
04-17-2018, 04:45 AM
Wade coming up big was huge but Olynyk scored 26 points last game and we still lost

One game it might be Wade, Dragic, Olynyk, JJ, whomever scoring 20+ pts....at the end of the if we don't play good defense and most importantly good 3pt defense we have no shot....our defensive intensity plus whomever becomes that 20+ scorer will dictate this series for us

Its going to be interesting if Embiid comes back game 3 since I'll assume Whiteside plays more then but the Olynyk/JJ frontcourt has been monster for us

All-In
04-17-2018, 05:07 AM
I know you were joking, but I would trade him in a heartbeat for even just a lottery pick with top 7 protection as long as the contract coming back is also an expiring deal.

People seem to really not understand Whiteside is essentially an expiring contract. It's talked about slightly, but hasn't sunken in yet for most.

What can you get for a 29yr old expiring center who clogs the lane, can't pass for s##t, provides zero leadership and is making $24M?

Yes

If somehow (emphasis on somehow) we can package up Whiteside/TJ for expiring contracts and a protected 1st than I think thats a no brainier

We get a healthy Waiters back next year, we get an additional asset in our dry cupboard, our center rotation would be Olynyk/Bam/Mickey which is great and we finally get more cap flexibility which we desperately need if we want to make substantial roster upgrades

lavilevi23
04-17-2018, 06:42 AM
But then again to be a one of the top eastern conference teams we need a center that could block, rebound and guard elite bigs. Bam is too raw to be getting 25+ minutes per game on s nightly basis imo...

Mr. Baller
04-17-2018, 08:52 AM
But then again to be a one of the top eastern conference teams we need a center that could block, rebound and guard elite bigs. Bam is too raw to be getting 25+ minutes per game on s nightly basis imo...

There is only 1 elite center in the East and Bam can rebound and guard. We don't need a guy like Whiteside. The team is so much better when he sits and has been the entire year

LRizzle
04-17-2018, 12:52 PM
We are in cap purgatory with no real way to build a contender. BOS and PHI will dominate in the East next year and probably 3-4 years+ (they're the next OKC and GSW).

No one will give us much of value for Whiteside and thinking you can ship Whiteside and TJ in the same deal would probably mean us sending a 1st to someone which is exactly the opposite of what I want Riley to do. We need to stop selling away the future to get these Vets and make these patchwork teams. Try to trade who you can but mainly we need to be terrible for a couple a years and get some top picks to go along with Winslow Bam and J-Rich. Maybe Riley can work some magic, I'm hopeful. All it takes is one team, but I don't see it as of now. It's crazy to me how we don't have one superstar on this team and we still are going to have serious cap problems meanwhile loaded teams like GSW and PHI and BOS are still being talked about how they still have cap to sign another max player. We're a well built 'team' but no star power. If we could somehow replace Waiters/TJ/Whiteside and their 55M+ next couple years into 2 stars we'd be going to battle year in and year out. But there's no scenario where that ever happens or comes true. We're actually going to get worse because we won't be able to afford ellington and winslow and wade will retire any year now and we all know that without him we get swept by the Sixers. Our future is bleak unless someone gets desperate and decides to dance with us as a trade partner.

ANYWAY. Amazing win last night. Wade was amazing with his passing and scoring. Love that guy.

AllBall
04-17-2018, 01:05 PM
Even if they play Embiid, I would rather throw a combination of Bam/Olynyk/JJ at him and limit Whiteside. If Winslow stays on top of Simmons that disrupts everyone else.

hotdalton18
04-17-2018, 02:11 PM
Even if they play Embiid, I would rather throw a combination of Bam/Olynyk/JJ at him and limit Whiteside. If Winslow stays on top of Simmons that disrupts everyone else.

Disagree

If Embidd is here then play Whiteside 30+

He's a different animal when he's facing Embidd...not lazy at all

All-In
04-17-2018, 07:00 PM

The best part of last night was Winslow taking a charge on Simmons and calling him a B*itch As* haha

hotdalton18
04-18-2018, 12:30 AM

The best part of last night was Winslow taking a charge on Simmons and calling him a B*itch As* haha

He also called him a ***** *** n word after getting a stop lol

LRizzle
04-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Seeing Winslow and JJ up their games has definitely been the most pleasant development past 1-2 months of the season. Their energy and effort was great.

LRizzle
04-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Seems like Embiid is most likely out for this game as well. I read that if he takes a hard hit to the face, even with the mask, it could permanently damage or affect his vision. And that there's the possibility of bone fragments creating double vision and affecting his left eye's vision. That's some serious stuff. Anyway.

Any game at home is a must win for us, especially with Embiid still out. Ideally he sits out, we win. He comes back game 4, but he's rusty and we win again. Then we just need to find a way to take one of the last 3 games. The Sixers with a healthy Embiid had the best +/- margin in the entire league... better than HOU and GSW.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23218733/philadelphia-sixers-star-joel-embiid-even-better-nba-player-people-think

AllBall
04-19-2018, 07:50 PM
Winslow looking nice in 1st qtr.

AllBall
04-19-2018, 09:53 PM
Great game by Winslow. He may have earned himself another year. Not sure why Spo pulled out Dragic when he was hot. I believe that to be the turning point. Whiteside is a gonner this offseason. Trade him for a bag of ladies Doritos.

CHANGO
04-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Spo lost us the game, period. Also Embiid was rusty and got lucky that the refs gave him 15 ft's I'm not going to cry about the outcome of the game but Embiid was baby'ed the whole game. Lot of physical play but somehow you couldn't breathe on him. Then he commited some obvious fouls that weren't called obviously. But I understand the NBA wanting to create the hype for that Philly team and the star, they need the next big thing and nobody wants to see "a bunch of role players with a washed up HOF".

king james
04-19-2018, 10:19 PM
Officiating has stunk the whole series. They did everything could to keep Philly in the game. Add that for whatever reason we didnít play any where near the intensity on defense like we did the other night didnít help. People will say that the Heat was called for 29 and Philly had 26 so it was even, but when u call a team for fouls on 4 consecutive possessions in the 2nd and 4th qtrs and the other team is shooting fts for like the last 7-8 mins is too much of a advantage.

lavilevi23
04-19-2018, 10:27 PM
Just have to figure this out defensively.
Cant let them have so many 3s.
The pace of the game has to be much slower for us to stand a chace...
Score has to be in the 90s to low 100s if the Heat want to win.
Hassan is completely out of it mentally I would be shocked if hes here next season.

king james
04-19-2018, 10:38 PM
I donít really understand why we r having so much of a issue getting him involved. This is where things fall on Spo. Heís got to make a adjustment. I understood the 1st 2 games with Whiteside, but this game I canít blame him for being pissed.

beasted86
04-20-2018, 01:32 AM
I'm confused by the confidence in Whiteside at this point. The way he's played he deserves to be benched.

His energy level is garbage. He always looks like he's gasping for air. He's constantly been a step late on rotations, even in the paint.

At $24M he doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt or a "leash" to make mistakes and figure things out. He's not a young player lacking experience. At $24M he's paid simply to dominate. He's the 20th highest paid player in the NBA.

He doesn't make the team better at all.

king james
04-20-2018, 03:22 AM
I hear you. Iím just having issues with how he played well against Philly a couple of times during the season, but e totally taken out this series so easily during the playoffs. Now I know coaches make adjustments and everything, but to be absolutely useless is just crazy to me. Itís more than just Whiteside and coaching adjustments. This is the issue that I have always had with Spo is he doesnít make in game adjustments to get certain players going during the game. Itís up to him to get Whiteside the ball more. Not run the whole offense through him, just help him get a few baskets so that he can get in the flow of the game.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-20-2018, 08:22 AM
He's had these issues dating back to the regular season though, can't say I'm surprised as to what's going on with him. Really just can't expect any different in the postseason from him at this point. Clearly it got to him enough to where he made the dumb comments to the media, and that was the beginning of the end for his time in Miami. Pat's the last person you want to burn bridges with as a player

AllBall
04-20-2018, 10:27 AM
I hear you. Iím just having issues with how he played well against Philly a couple of times during the season, but e totally taken out this series so easily during the playoffs. Now I know coaches make adjustments and everything, but to be absolutely useless is just crazy to me. Itís more than just Whiteside and coaching adjustments. This is the issue that I have always had with Spo is he doesnít make in game adjustments to get certain players going during the game. Itís up to him to get Whiteside the ball more. Not run the whole offense through him, just help him get a few baskets so that he can get in the flow of the game.

I watch the after game analysis, and they show all the plays they run for Whiteside and he lays an egg every time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me multiple times, then I'm just a damn fool. They don't run plays for Bam, yet he seems to be doing just fine.

Just look at Winslow, as much as we've gotten on him before, he never gets too down on himself when he's having a bad game and continues to look for ways to help. Whiteside is the total opposite. He misses his first few shots, his mind immediately goes to getting traded in the offseason or something like that because his body language is horrible. He's always pouting around like a toddler.

I don't care what Whiteside has done in the regular season. The only thing that matters in the NBA is your playoff performance(s). This is why I don't take Paul George or Carmelo Anthony seriously. Winslow has performed in these playoffs, so he gets a pass for another season from me, despite knowing he will frustrate at times in the regular season. Was Spo the one getting dunked on in the paint? No. Valanciunas made Whiteside a little ***ch in the playoffs and now Embiid. I've had enough.

LRizzle
04-20-2018, 11:26 AM
Whiteside is absolutely gone during this offseason. But I also felt Embiid got the benefit of all the calls far too often which really hurt Hassan because he had too many fouls and would get frustrated. Embiid was rolling to the rim and constantly elbowing KO and Whiteside in the chin and neck with his off arm and initiating contact on clear offensive fouls but he'd end up on the charity stripe. They're the better team, no doubt, but sucks to go out because of refs and effin' Bellineli. GTFO... guy is having the series of his life. Them signing Ilyasova and Belinelli a month ago saved their season. Damn.

hotdalton18
04-21-2018, 02:15 PM
Well obviously this is a must win

Wade-a-minute
04-24-2018, 08:33 PM
Sad how quiet it is in here... Nothing to talk about because we're completely outmatched.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lavilevi23
04-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Can Whiteside look any more trash than this?

HandsOnTheWheel
04-24-2018, 11:20 PM
Gonna be a long summer for Pat

king james
04-25-2018, 12:28 AM
ďTom D'Angelo
@tomdangelo44
Heat just had 4 fouls called in 18 secondsĒ

This has been the pattern for every Philly win. They put us in the penalty early in the 2nd half. Philly were shooting fts with 8 mins left in the 3rd qt. In the 4th qtr Philly went almost 7 mins without a fg. The only reason why they kept the lead was cuz we couldnít take advantage and they called fouls left and right.

beasted86
04-25-2018, 02:53 AM
Sad how quiet it is in here... Nothing to talk about because we're completely outmatched.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Can't have your "best player" making $23M give up completely on the team and stop competing against a younger hungrier team.

How many teams can survive that?

Alayla
04-25-2018, 02:53 AM
ďTom D'Angelo
@tomdangelo44
Heat just had 4 fouls called in 18 secondsĒ

This has been the pattern for every Philly win. They put us in the penalty early in the 2nd half. Philly were shooting fts with 8 mins left in the 3rd qt. In the 4th qtr Philly went almost 7 mins without a fg. The only reason why they kept the lead was cuz we couldnít take advantage and they called fouls left and right.

If anything you where really cut a break on foul calls considering the overly aggressive manner your team played in lots of things should have been flagrant that where not how a team can intentionally try to rough us up then have there fans complain about calls even when wade is straight up praising the sixers is pretty sad admit you lost lick your wounds and move on.

king james
04-26-2018, 03:48 AM
Just like a troll. Always looking to talk ish after their team has won a series. Never seen or heard of or from u b4. Now u want to come in here trying to bait someone. Enjoy your win u fair whether fan and stay out of here. I could respect ur point of view if u were discussing the series b4 or at least during the series. U gets none here. Enjoy.

Alayla
04-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Just like a troll. Always looking to talk ish after their team has won a series. Never seen or heard of or from u b4. Now u want to come in here trying to bait someone. Enjoy your win u fair whether fan and stay out of here. I could respect ur point of view if u were discussing the series b4 or at least during the series. U gets none here. Enjoy.

I said sixers in 6 in the main fourm before the matchup even started and "fairweather fan"? i've been following the sixers since 97 and never once did i give up on my team i mostly post in the sixers fourms and you can find posts dating back to 2010 when i joined don't even go there

TheDish87
04-26-2018, 12:03 PM

this is gold coming from a Lebron/cowyboys/heat fan

Alayla
04-26-2018, 12:15 PM
this is gold coming from a Lebron/cowyboys/heat fan

I appericate that back up dish we may have had our differences with the okafor noel arugements but at the end of the day we are blessed to be witnessing something this special

lavilevi23
04-26-2018, 07:29 PM
Sixers fans go rejoice somewhere else please. Thank you.

Dade County
04-27-2018, 01:26 AM
Gonna be a long summer for Pat

Very important offseason.

Pat needs to be able to trade 4 to 5 contracts away for an All Star player, and also sign one in free agency. Or Miami is dead in the water.