PDA

View Full Version : Could LBJ and Durant both sign with the lakers ?

smith&wesson
04-13-2018, 03:10 PM
I know itís far fetched but I wouldnít put it passed either of these guys after Lebron left for Miami and Durant joined the Warriors..

With Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and Randle the Lakers could add two max contracts.

Could Lebron and Durant just decide to team up and possibly run the league through their respective prime years ?

Iím not a Laker fan I just find the possibility interesting and a little scary for the rest of the NBA

Thoughts ?

MarkieMark48
04-13-2018, 03:31 PM
Sure they could.

The arguably 2 best players in the NBA together in LA... I'm sure there wouldn't be any players willing to take massive paycuts to fill out that roster though

nastynice
04-13-2018, 03:53 PM
Dubs would run em out the building

Or are we still on the archaic LeBron and KD are better than curry train..? ;)

valade16
04-13-2018, 03:59 PM
They "could", but they won't.

bigsams50
04-13-2018, 04:01 PM
Ball, Ingram, Bron, KD, Randle. Well thats a big line up

smith&wesson
04-13-2018, 04:15 PM

I dunno about that one .. Kd and Lebron might be to much for them with the right cast

smith&wesson
04-13-2018, 04:15 PM
They "could", but they won't.

What makes you so sure? Theyíve both done similar moves before

valade16
04-13-2018, 04:19 PM
What makes you so sure? Theyíve both done similar moves before

KD has sounded absolute certain in his return to the Dubs.

TrueFan420
04-13-2018, 06:37 PM
KD has sounded absolute certain in his return to the Dubs.
That and he wouldn't survive leaving them, he'd take so much more heat then he already does.

More-Than-Most
04-13-2018, 07:16 PM
much like simmons people will want to play with Lonzo because of his unselfish pass first mentality and as much as most may hate it his quiet non confrontational beta attitude it could be a selling point in the eyes of a diva like Durant

rhino17
04-13-2018, 07:39 PM
Makes sense. I wonder if Nike would create a new alternate jersey for such a team: The ***** Boys or maybe ***** Town USA

FlashBolt
04-13-2018, 07:44 PM
This would help both LeBron's and KD's career. It definitely seems possible but KD has been very vocal about staying in the Warriors. A ring with lakers > ring with GSW. People talk about KD fitting everywhere.. he would fit very well with leBron.

nastynice
04-13-2018, 08:54 PM
Makes sense. I wonder if Nike would create a new alternate jersey for such a team: The ***** Boys or maybe ***** Town USA

Everyone already accepts them as "the houston rockets", no need to try and change their name to better describe them

c.c.
04-13-2018, 11:05 PM
Everyone already accepts them as "the houston rockets", no need to try and change their name to better describe them

This is a first to me 🤔

nastynice
04-14-2018, 02:26 AM
This is a first to me 🤔

Yea itís weird but apparently cp3 joining a great squad makes him a *****..? I canít tell you why, I just know thatís what they say now

Saddletramp
04-14-2018, 04:13 AM
Yea itís weird but apparently cp3 joining a great squad makes him a *****..? I canít tell you why, I just know thatís what they say now

Nobody has said that. If the Rockets set the W/L record last year and won a title than maybe, but no one has ever done that.....except for that ****ing ***** KD.

And no, he's not joining the Lakers next year with or without Lebron. It's not a sure thing and he's a ***** with a capital P.

IKnowHoops
04-14-2018, 11:12 AM
I made this thread a month ago. It got deleted. Yo better pray Scoots doesnít see this or that a GS fan doesnít report this thread to him...just Incase I miss it...RIP thread...

europagnpilgrim
04-14-2018, 12:03 PM

They been better since HS / NCAA, why would it change it nba? you said it right, when you said curry 'train', I think of 'bandwagon'ers' tied to that train of his, Curry came out of nowhere years later, Bron and KD put the league on notice, day 1 nba and even pre nba when we were like damn they are going to be all time legends, watching Curry was like damn his range is legendary, like his father's range was

KobeOwnSU
04-14-2018, 02:53 PM
What if the Lakers sign bothe Durant and Lebron and then trade for Kawhi. Technically they could sign both Durant and Lebron using cap space, by renouncing all their FA (including Randle); the call up the Spurs and offer any 2 of Ingram, Ball, or Kuzma plus any one of Hart or Zubac, plus Deng, plus the Cavs pick. Lets say the Spurs go Ingram, Kuzma, Deng, Zubac, Cavs pick.

Ball
Kawhi
Durant
Lebron
who cares

europagnpilgrim
04-14-2018, 04:40 PM
For whatever its worth I have mentioned this idea in another thread based on the commercial those 2 did recently and at the tail end I think it was KD who said Lebron what are we going to do next

when I caught that comment I took it as 'should we team up and tear the league up for the hell of it, I was thinking BKN or Lakers or as Morey has stated he is in the business to get Olympic players, it don't get more Olympic than those two

CP3 being a key recruiter with a apex Harden is a recipe to get one of these key free agents this offseason to join those boys in Rockets - land, the western conference finals is going to be like it was in the early 00's if Houston lands another big fish

I would love to see KD / Bron link up and I don't care where it happens, just make it happen

nastynice
04-14-2018, 05:19 PM
Nobody has said that. If the Rockets set the W/L record last year and won a title than maybe, but no one has ever done that.....except for that ****ing ***** KD.

And no, he's not joining the Lakers next year with or without Lebron. It's not a sure thing and he's a ***** with a capital P.

cp3 joined a top flight contender, itís not my opinion but Iím saying psd refers to that as a ***** move. Iím on your side, if a team makes space for a top player and offers him the exact role, money, and situation he wants (cp3 off the ball), I say go for it. But in psd terms cp3 and the rockets are apparently *****es with a capital b

Odd set of rules..

D Blue987
04-14-2018, 05:26 PM
Would be shocking if KD left to play with Lebron. It is possible I guess but it would require KD leaving a good situation already in GS. Don't see it happening.

europagnpilgrim
04-14-2018, 05:42 PM
cp3 joined a top flight contender, itís not my opinion but Iím saying psd refers to that as a ***** move. Iím on your side, if a team makes space for a top player and offers him the exact role, money, and situation he wants (cp3 off the ball), I say go for it. But in psd terms cp3 and the rockets are apparently *****es with a capital b

Odd set of rules..

No, CP3 made them top flight contender, I think they won 50 of the 58 he played, they were a one trick pony last year with Harden having to do all the playmaking outside of maybe 15 or so percent given to Gordon / Ariza / Bev, CP3 has been a mvp candidate for years so he just went and added it to a player who has been mvp candidate past few years and probably will win ithis year with CP3

CP3 was in a position in his career where he has accomplished pretty much all except mvp award / title so him going to a real good or solid team is nothing remotely of a ***** move, KD move was weak in terms of him being up 3-1 against that 73 win team and blowing the series to join them months later, other than that KD was treading in CP3 territory but he actually has gone to Finals / won mvp and still had a legit contender he left so I get why KD catches heat as he did / does but at end of day you do what you want to do so KD only loses respect from a luxury situation to a super luxury situation, cake / ice cream / gifts and all KD got

cupcake is king for now

europagnpilgrim
04-14-2018, 05:45 PM
Would be shocking if KD left to play with Lebron. It is possible I guess but it would require KD leaving a good situation already in GS. Don't see it happening.

well seeing he already left a very good situation being up 3-1 against that 73 win team he joined and having a finals trip in 12' with OKC and could have been 2 if not for the choke job him and Russ put on, I think it could be a chance he may re - locate, though very slim

nastynice
04-14-2018, 06:03 PM
No, CP3 made them top flight contender, I think they won 50 of the 58 he played, they were a one trick pony last year with Harden having to do all the playmaking outside of maybe 15 or so percent given to Gordon / Ariza / Bev, CP3 has been a mvp candidate for years so he just went and added it to a player who has been mvp candidate past few years and probably will win ithis year with CP3

CP3 was in a position in his career where he has accomplished pretty much all except mvp award / title so him going to a real good or solid team is nothing remotely of a ***** move, KD move was weak in terms of him being up 3-1 against that 73 win team and blowing the series to join them months later, other than that KD was treading in CP3 territory but he actually has gone to Finals / won mvp and still had a legit contender he left so I get why KD catches heat as he did / does but at end of day you do what you want to do so KD only loses respect from a luxury situation to a super luxury situation, cake / ice cream / gifts and all KD got

cupcake is king for now

Houston was a top 5 team last year, Houston was also the team most people could see taking out the warriors, if they catch fire at the right time. Houston was without a doubt a top team in the league last year.

Compare that to a warrior team that should have lost to okc and then DID lose to the Cavs (with some help of the league, yes I recognize that).

Warriors and kd are better, but same formula

Saddletramp
04-14-2018, 07:09 PM
I don't remember anyone comparing the two, especially with the unprecedented pussification that KD committed. Silly.

nastynice
04-14-2018, 07:17 PM
I don't remember anyone comparing the two, especially with the unprecedented pussification that KD committed. Silly.

Maybe, maybe not, but whatís for sure is that the actions pointed out by everyone that make kd a ***** is the exact thing that cp3 did.

Silly? Maybe. Thatís an opinion. The paragraph above is not

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:48 PM
They deserve each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddletramp
04-14-2018, 08:42 PM
Maybe, maybe not, but whatís for sure is that the actions pointed out by everyone that make kd a ***** is the exact thing that cp3 did.

Silly? Maybe. Thatís an opinion. The paragraph above is not

What are you talking about? The two moves were not equal. No one was saying the CP3 move was equal to the KD move except maybe some GS trying to shut people up. They're not the same. I don't think you know what facts are.

I was about to list the differences but it doesn't matter. I'm not going to be sucked into your idiot conversations and false equivalencies this time. Carry on posting ******** and looking like a god damn 11 year old.

hpt
04-15-2018, 08:24 AM

It's a story that keeps on repeating itself. When you're in the NBA and you're big time, you'd rather live in New York or LA rather than Orlando or San Antonio.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-15-2018, 06:12 PM
It's mathematically possible, but nowhere near realistic.

GoferKing_
04-16-2018, 07:26 AM
Yes, please. That would be so hilarious. :D

Chronz
04-16-2018, 01:01 PM

Odd set of rules..
Nobody eversaid that tho. What we have saidis that wewish that's allkd did.
the Rockets set the W/L record last year and won a title than maybe, but no one has ever done that.....except for that ****ing ***** KD.

kyubi256
04-16-2018, 01:24 PM
Possible but not likely. If they come to LA they would have to fight each other for top dog status and then also possibly fight Lavar Ball also. Can't see Lonzo, KD, and Lebron all in the same team.

smith&wesson
04-16-2018, 02:35 PM
Possible but not likely. If they come to LA they would have to fight each other for top dog status and then also possibly fight Lavar Ball also. Can't see Lonzo, KD, and Lebron all in the same team.

You think KD cares about top dog status ? He joined a team with a unanimous, back to back mvp bruh ..

Yeah Durant won finals MVP but so did Iggy.. far as Iím concerned the warriors are still Curryís team.

smith&wesson
04-16-2018, 02:36 PM
It's mathematically possible, but nowhere near realistic.

Whatís not realistic about it? If itís possible it could easily become a reality.

GREATNESS ONE
04-17-2018, 04:08 AM

.... it would be sex..

GREATNESS ONE
04-17-2018, 04:10 AM
Whatís not realistic about it? If itís possible it could easily become a reality.

Durant will stay a Warrior the more likely reality is Kawhi, PG13, and Lebron all becoming Lakers. That too might be far-fetched ;)

tredigs
04-17-2018, 09:41 AM
I feel like the Lakers signing a superstar free agent (or multiple) is a thing every other off-season, but what true star have they ever pulled outside of Shaq? This would definitely be the Summer to pull it off, but we'll see. As far as KD, I'd give it a < 1% (players don't generally leave the best situation for a total wild card), but LBJ + PG clearly have some options ahead of them. I'd be all for that tandem.

Byronicle
04-17-2018, 10:28 AM
Its still April and we already have Lakers offseason talk/fantasies.

Quinnsanity
04-17-2018, 10:42 AM
Guys KD is not leaving the Warriors what is happening to this forum.

smith&wesson
04-17-2018, 11:37 AM
Durant will stay a Warrior the more likely reality is Kawhi, PG13, and Lebron all becoming Lakers. That too might be far-fetched ;)

Whatís with the winky face bruh, are you flirting with me ? Lol jk

smith&wesson
04-17-2018, 11:39 AM
Guys KD is not leaving the Warriors what is happening to this forum.

Nothings wrong with the forum bro itís just a discussion about the two greatest players who have a tendency to form super teams and take the easiest route to ships ... Iím not even a Laker fan and donít care if it happens I just wouldnít put it passed these two to do something like that

GREATNESS ONE
04-17-2018, 11:45 AM
Whatís with the winky face bruh, are you flirting with me ? Lol jk

:laugh2:

SfgiantsJD3
04-17-2018, 05:47 PM
Its still April and we already have Lakers offseason talk/fantasies.

just think what will happen to PSD if LeBron gets bounced in the first round, 6 new threads a day on where he is going and why

hpt
04-18-2018, 06:34 AM
just think what will happen to PSD if LeBron gets bounced in the first round, 6 new threads a day on where he is going and why

If it's anywhere other than the two LA teams, I'll be surprised.

IKnowHoops
04-18-2018, 11:37 AM
Philly

GREATNESS ONE
04-18-2018, 12:04 PM
The more likely situation is Lebron James and Kawhi Leonard playing together on the same team.

Cleveland, Philly, Clippers, Lakers will all be chasing to pair this duo.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 05:19 PM
The more likely situation is Lebron James and Kawhi Leonard playing together on the same team.

Cleveland, Philly, Clippers, Lakers will all be chasing to pair this duo.

If I were a Lakers fan, I'd want LeBron and KD. Those two seem to genuinely like each other. Watching that ASG where both trapped Curry reminded me of how amazing they would be. And with all the issues of Kawhi ignoring Pop, etc., I can't help but feel like if that crap ever happens when he's on LeBron's team, it would cause too much drama.

SfgiantsJD3
04-27-2018, 07:54 PM
Adding flames to the rumor mill Durant buys 12M home in Malibu

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/Kevin-Durant-beachfront-Malibu-house-warriors-12861760.php