PDA

View Full Version : WCQF: [4] Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Utah Jazz [5] | Jazz win | 4-2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 12:38 PM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/28tfrp.gifVS.http://i67.tinypic.com/2h3oays.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 in Oklahoma City: Thunder 116, Jazz 108

Game 2 in Oklahoma City: Wednesday, April 18, 8 p.m. ET, NBA TV

Game 3 in Utah: Saturday, April 21, 10 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 4 in Utah: Monday, April 23, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 5 in Oklahoma City: TBA (if necessary)

Game 6 in Utah: TBA (if necessary)

Game 7 in Oklahoma City: TBA (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2w1t6k2.gif

C: Rudy Gobert
PF: Derrick Favors
SF: Joe Ingles
SG: Donovan Mitchell
PG: Ricky Rubio

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i65.tinypic.com/24fxjky.gif

C: Steven Adams
PF: Carmelo Anthony
SF: Paul George
SG: Corey Brewer
PG: Russell Westbrook

Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City

https://cdn.evbuc.com/images/40330894/235375034034/1/logo.jpg

Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City

https://duckduckgo.com/i/4b716b0e.jpg

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 12:44 PM
4-2 OKC. Donovan is still too young and I think we'll be able to force him to take bad shots. He's not an elite offensive scorer yet so I would stick PG on him and make things more difficult.

As long as we keep Donovan from scoring and force his teammates to score, we should be fine. I really hate Gobert here, though. We are one of the worst shooting teams and have no one to space the paint. Adams will need to neutralize Gobert the best way he can.

Heediot
04-12-2018, 01:24 PM
4-2 OKC. Donovan is still too young and I think we'll be able to force him to take bad shots. He's not an elite offensive scorer yet so I would stick PG on him and make things more difficult.

As long as we keep Donovan from scoring and force his teammates to score, we should be fine. I really hate Gobert here, though. We are one of the worst shooting teams and have no one to space the paint. Adams will need to neutralize Gobert the best way he can.

I agree OKC in 6. I expect PG to have a big series and step up.

WaDe03
04-12-2018, 01:27 PM
We'll see if young Wade can live up to the hype of the playoffs. I think he will

Heediot
04-12-2018, 01:36 PM
I think because 2 of the 3 aren't dependent on going to the rim (PG and Melo), they can game plan around staying away from the paint and Gobert. Or manipulate ways to decrease his defensive effectiveness.

Need to see more of Donovan, but as a rookie and first timer I would be surprised if he plays as good as he did in the regular season.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-12-2018, 02:05 PM
Thunder in 6

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 02:44 PM
I think because 2 of the 3 aren't dependent on going to the rim (PG and Melo), they can game plan around staying away from the paint and Gobert. Or manipulate ways to decrease his defensive effectiveness.

Need to see more of Donovan, but as a rookie and first timer I would be surprised if he plays as good as he did in the regular season.

I'm more-so worried about Russ. Gobert can neutralize a lot of Russ's impact just by sitting in the paint. We've had lots of issues in the past where Russ just chucks up terrible shots because he stops attacking the paint. We should be running more plays with PG in this series, IMO, and have Russ play more off-ball. Melo has been absolutely trash this season.. Like, I would be surprised if this guy starts on a team next season. He's a terrible volume scorer who is inefficient and doesn't do anything else. I hope he opts out. I don't want to see him again.

JAZZNC
04-12-2018, 03:20 PM
This is a bad matchup for us. But the homer in me says Utah in 7. Rubio certainly won't stop Westbrook but he can be pesky enough to bother him and hopefully get him into some of those bad shooting performances.

I think the biggest thing is who the hell we get to guard PG?? I'm guessing Ingles. He's a smart defender but I wonder if he's athletic enough to keep up with him all series....gonna have to be a group effort on him. I personally feel like we need to **** Melo up in the post with Favors. Whoever he's guarding needs to be constantly involved. Make that guy do something he hates, play defense as much as possible. We did the same thing against Crawford in the first round last year.

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 03:29 PM
I think Utah's backcourt will get picked on and exposed. Rubio has never been in the playoffs and will be schemed against. He'll also have his hands full with Westbrook.

Mitchell's inexperience will show.

On the flip side, Utah depends on Gobert to win the battle in the paint and OKC has the perfect guy to make that hard on him in Adams.

Playoffs is Paul George season. Nevermind the struggles before - PG13 is about to show why he has the reputation he has. His game will step up and he'll be able to score and create plays against suffocating defense.

I picked Thunder in 6 but I really think it might be 5 instead.

ewing
04-12-2018, 05:01 PM
OKC in 4

R. Johnson#3
04-12-2018, 05:49 PM
This will be the closest series of the 1st round with Utah taking it in 7.

TylerSL
04-13-2018, 03:55 AM
Oklahoma City underachieved in the regular season, but they've made it to the playoffs and this is what they have been built for. They have the stars, they have experience, they are a top 10 team in both offense and defense. I can't see them losing this series, and I think the series will go six games.

I'm really envious of Utah because I badly wanted my Heat to select Donovan Mitchell with the #14 pick in the 2017 NBA draft. Sadly for me, and to their great fortune, the Jazz scooped him up at #13 (although I can't complain too much because Adebayo looks really good). The Jazz have the potential to make noise in the playoffs, but I just find this to be Thunder's series to lose. Even with Spider Mitchell and Rudy Gobert, the Thunder have the two best players in the series.

Heediot
04-13-2018, 04:45 AM
I'm more-so worried about Russ. Gobert can neutralize a lot of Russ's impact just by sitting in the paint. We've had lots of issues in the past where Russ just chucks up terrible shots because he stops attacking the paint. We should be running more plays with PG in this series, IMO, and have Russ play more off-ball. Melo has been absolutely trash this season.. Like, I would be surprised if this guy starts on a team next season. He's a terrible volume scorer who is inefficient and doesn't do anything else. I hope he opts out. I don't want to see him again.

If he can blow up for 2 games, PG for 2 and Melo for 2, I like the Math. That gives them like 3 games with 2 of the guys blowing up. If they can add 1-2 or two good games each, I think that should be enough to counter a heavy defensive team with a rookie that is the offensive focal point. I also like Adams and these junk yard tyoe of guys for the playoffs. Biz helped Toronto with that style for one run. As much flack as TT has been getting, for the most part he is helpful and useful for the Cavs in the playoffs, yeah he did struggle last year.

Missing56&33
04-13-2018, 12:58 PM
This will be the closest series of the 1st round with Utah taking it in 7.

I agree but I got OKC at home in game 7.

MELO, MELO, MELO.....WERE ARE YOU???

I don't think its set in yet, that Melo is on a playoff team....got two all stars along side him. Reining MVP RW on his team now. Time is running out on Melo's legacy...they can make a run in these playoffs if Melo shows up.

SfgiantsJD3
04-13-2018, 01:03 PM
(4) Oklahoma City Thunder vs. (5) Utah Jazz

Game 1: Sun. April 15 Utah at Oklahoma City, 6:30 p.m., TNT

Game 2: Wed. April 18 Utah at Oklahoma City, 8 p.m., NBA TV

Game 3: Sat. April 21 Oklahoma City at Utah, 10 p.m., ESPN

Game 4: Mon. April 23 Oklahoma City at Utah, 10:30 p.m., TNT

Game 5: Wed. April 25 Utah at Oklahoma City, TBD
Game 6: Fri. April 27 Oklahoma City at Utah, TBD
Game 7: Sun. April 29 Utah at Oklahoma City, TBD*

zn23
04-13-2018, 01:21 PM
Best matchup of the first round by far.

Bostonjorge
04-14-2018, 02:30 PM
Iím interested in how far Okc can go. I think they can upset any team.

Jazz have been playing good basketball especially on defense. Crowder has been playing big time minuets for them and heís numbers are up all across the board. Ingles is also a Crowder type player. I just canít see the rookie of the year winning the George matchup.

Okc win

ewing
04-14-2018, 06:38 PM

Jazz have been playing good basketball especially on defense. Crowder has been playing big time minuets for them and heís numbers are up all across the board. Ingles is also a Crowder type player. I just canít see the rookie of the year winning the George matchup.

Okc win

Heís not on LeBroní team so he isnít horrible anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonjorge
04-14-2018, 09:04 PM
Heís not on LeBroní team so he isnít horrible anymore?

Snyder and Stevens know how to get the best out of players strengths.

Hood was been the perfect replacement. He fits in perfect with his shooting. Cavs got great value back.

More-Than-Most
04-15-2018, 07:18 PM
Gobert is the most underrated player in basketball.

Heediot
04-15-2018, 07:26 PM
where the wolves fan saying rubio can't get buckets?

hallzi43
04-15-2018, 07:36 PM
Everyone: Pacers better without George!

George: Hold my beer.

More-Than-Most
04-15-2018, 08:09 PM
first simmons and now mitchell.... i guess playoff exp is ********?

Heediot
04-15-2018, 08:10 PM
Mitchell is playoff legit. He's a baller!

JAZZNC
04-15-2018, 08:17 PM
Well PG can't miss and Exum sucks a fat one. They have a good plan putting George on Ingles and making Donovan beat them. With a defender of George's caliber on him Ingles is going to be completely non existent.

JAZZNC
04-15-2018, 08:23 PM
Jesus titty ****ing Christ why can't George be human for a little while!?

still1ballin
04-15-2018, 08:29 PM
Jeez PG13. Save some for the purple and gold next year! ;)

Vee-Rex
04-15-2018, 08:35 PM
I've been saying it allllllllll year looooooooong while you clowns have trashed Paul George every chance you get. He can't defend, he can't score, he's overrated.

He's torching Utah and carrying the Thunder.

He has that playoff gear. I warned you all about it. Now the West get to see how it feels. GS is super damn lucky they're not facing the Thunder in the 1st round and super damn lucky the cards flipped and they don't gotta face a real challenge until the WCF.

nastynice
04-15-2018, 08:41 PM
Adams is a gangster, did all that with a limp arm, both offense and defense

nastynice
04-15-2018, 08:44 PM
I've been saying it allllllllll year looooooooong while you clowns have trashed Paul George every chance you get. He can't defend, he can't score, he's overrated.

He's torching Utah and carrying the Thunder.

He has that playoff gear. I warned you all about it. Now the West get to see how it feels. GS is super damn lucky they're not facing the Thunder in the 1st round and super damn lucky the cards flipped and they don't gotta face a real challenge until the WCF.

Almost as lucky as the Cavs who donít have to face a western conference team in the first round, ever! lol

Vee-Rex
04-15-2018, 08:59 PM
Almost as lucky as the Cavs who donít have to face a western conference team in the first round, ever! lol

Cavs path pits them against all the best teams in the EC. Indiana, Toronto, and potentially Philly. Don't act like those 3 don't match up with the WC teams.

GS's doesn't pit them against the best teams in the WC. You can pretty much rest your best player 'til the conference finals lol. Good draw for you guys.

tredigs
04-15-2018, 09:00 PM
Still like Utah in the series. Amazing game from PG.

tredigs
04-15-2018, 09:01 PM
Cavs path pits them against all the best teams in the EC. Indiana, Toronto, and potentially Philly. Don't act like those 3 don't match up with the WC teams.

GS's doesn't pit them against the best teams in the WC. You can pretty much rest your best player 'til the conference finals lol. Good draw for you guys.

The Pels are good. They would smash Indiana.

JAZZNC
04-15-2018, 09:02 PM
Be interested to see what's up with Mitchell.

goingfor28
04-15-2018, 09:38 PM
Hope Utah gets swept. Boring *** team.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ewing
04-16-2018, 06:14 AM

Itís not an act

Chronz
04-16-2018, 06:49 AM

Okc win

Crowder has had the least efficient stretch of his career in Utah . He profiles as the worst version of himself overall but basically the same player playing 2 more mpg

ewing
04-16-2018, 08:17 AM
Hope Utah gets swept. Boring *** team.

I actually picked the Thunder in 4 in this thread. I donít think it will happen but I donít think the Jazz have the talent to beat OKC either

kyubi256
04-16-2018, 01:33 PM
I really want to see OKC vs GS in the playoffs this year. But that involves them taking care of the Jazz and then the Rockets/Wolves.

Wanna see Westbrook in company get revenge against KD

tredigs
04-16-2018, 04:02 PM
I really want to see OKC vs GS in the playoffs this year. But that involves them taking care of the Jazz and then the Rockets/Wolves.

Wanna see Westbrook in company get revenge against KD
Yeah, you won't be seeing that matchup. And it would be a slaughter if it somehow happened (Harden injury is the only way).

ewing
04-16-2018, 06:23 PM
Yeah, you won't be seeing that matchup. And it would be a slaughter if it somehow happened (Harden injury is the only way).

Yeah donít think they can beat the rockets either. I wouldnít say it canít happen but it unlikely. I wouldnt be surprised to see Houstonís offensive efficiency to dip against OKC, thing is they are still good.

ewing
04-16-2018, 06:24 PM
Be interested to see what's up with Mitchell.

He played a heck of a game. I hope he is ok

tredigs
04-16-2018, 06:34 PM
Yeah donít think they can beat the rockets either. I wouldnít say it canít happen but it unlikely. I wouldnt be surprised to see Houstonís offensive efficiency to dip against OKC, thing is they are still good.

Nah they can't beat them if they're both full strength. I could see 6, but no more. I still think Utah has a great chance in this series. PG won't be shooting 8-11 from 3 every night. But damn they're a lot tougher when he's their best player.

ewing
04-16-2018, 07:04 PM
Nah they can't beat them if they're both full strength. I could see 6, but no more. I still think Utah has a great chance in this series. PG won't be shooting 8-11 from 3 every night. But damn they're a lot tougher when he's their best player.

I think Utah has a defense that can limit OKC nicely. A monster in the middle can limit Westy plus they have good defensive wings. I just donít think they have enough offense

tredigs
04-16-2018, 07:25 PM
I think Utah has a defense that can limit OKC nicely. A monster in the middle can limit Westy plus they have good defensive wings. I just donít think they have enough offense

I agree they don't have enough to contend, but OKC makes a lot of mistakes. They might pull it off if they can grab gane 2.

GREATNESS ONE
04-17-2018, 04:13 AM
Why would Paul George stay in OKC?

tredigs
04-17-2018, 10:01 AM
Why would Paul George stay in OKC?
Maybe he likes it? He says he does. The bigger question to me has been, how do they pay him? I still have not got a clear answer on this.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-17-2018, 10:38 AM

While Rudy G. MIGHT be able to limit OKC's offense (even though everyone is practically a perimeter player besides Adams) OKC can completely remove him from the series. They Know Rudy wants to block everything... Carmelo, PG and Russ were able to draw fouls on him in game 1. and Adams has a history of playing well vs Rudy on both ends. I'm not sure which defensive wings your talking about for Utah... Rubio vs Russ in a series? LOL. Donovan Mitchel vs Russ... Spida can hold his own on offense, but lets not act like he doesn't have his flaws vs reigning MVP. Ingles vs PG? or Carmelo... LOL. So what your saying isn't necessarily wrong, there's just also alot your conveniently not talking about. This is just stylistically not a good match up for Utah - all across the board.

ewing
04-17-2018, 11:02 AM
While Rudy G. MIGHT be able to limit OKC's offense (even though everyone is practically a perimeter player besides Adams) OKC can completely remove him from the series. They Know Rudy wants to block everything... Carmelo, PG and Russ were able to draw fouls on him in game 1. and Adams has a history of playing well vs Rudy on both ends. I'm not sure which defensive wings your talking about for Utah... Rubio vs Russ in a series? LOL. Donovan Mitchel vs Russ... Spida can hold his own on offense, but lets not act like he doesn't have his flaws vs reigning MVP. Ingles vs PG? or Carmelo... LOL. So what your saying isn't necessarily wrong, there's just also alot your conveniently not talking about. This is just stylistically not a good match up for Utah - all across the board.

Did I say any of those wings were going to make any of OKC's big 3 look like Ben Wallace on O? I said they have pretty good defensive wings and a monster in the middle. They do. I also said it wasn't enough.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-17-2018, 11:58 AM
Did I say any of those wings were going to make any of OKC's big 3 look like Ben Wallace on O? I said they have pretty good defensive wings and a monster in the middle. They do. I also said it wasn't enough.

Maybe i misunderstood the " think Utah has a defense that can limit OKC nicely. A monster in the middle can limit Westy plus they have good defensive wings."

dhopisthename
04-17-2018, 03:21 PM

First off Ingles, despite being white, is a good defender, Royce O'neal is an incredible defender, and Jae Crowder is a good defender. We weren't the #1 defense in the nba by chance.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 04:33 PM
First off Ingles, despite being white, is a good defender, Royce O'neal is an incredible defender, and Jae Crowder is a good defender. We weren't the #1 defense in the nba by chance.

Let's not play it soft. Ingles is better than Melo at everything on a basketball court

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-17-2018, 05:13 PM

yeah, they're all pretty decent. I won't deny that.

Just wasn't sure who he was talking about since stylistically, (while being decent defenders in there own right) still don't match up well with Russ, Carmelo, or PG.

The reason for the #1 defense is because of Rudy. He's that good. Not because of Crowder, Rubio, or Ingles, or Oneale.

ewing
04-17-2018, 09:32 PM
yeah, they're all pretty decent. I won't deny that.

Just wasn't sure who he was talking about since stylistically, (while being decent defenders in there own right) still don't match up well with Russ, Carmelo, or PG.

The reason for the #1 defense is because of Rudy. He's that good. Not because of Crowder, Rubio, or Ingles, or Oneale.

They match up beTter then most. No one has the advantage one on one vs Russ as a defender. He just won MVP. We just saw how good PG can be. they arenít going to shut those guys down but who is? Rudy is a great rim protector but other guys are damn good too

goingfor28
04-18-2018, 12:22 AM
Why would Paul George stay in OKC?Better than going to the Lakers

kdspurman
04-18-2018, 12:40 PM
Op updated with schedule/proj lineups

tredigs
04-18-2018, 08:02 PM
This should be a really good game tonight. I've got Jazz in 7 so I have to stay consistent and think that they pull this one out (gotta take at least 1 on the road).

tredigs
04-18-2018, 08:25 PM
Now this game has a great playoff atmosphere.

tredigs
04-18-2018, 08:28 PM
Holy **** Popovich's wife just passed.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 08:46 PM
Holy **** Popovich's wife just passed.

Yeah, this is a rough season for sure for Spurs and Pop in general. Back to this OKC game.. Melo is so garbage. We need to make OKC a living hell for him so he opts out. Inefficient piece of trash.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 08:55 PM
Rubio is killing us... we need to stop giving the ball to Melo.

tredigs
04-18-2018, 09:03 PM
Rubio is killing us... we need to stop giving the ball to Melo.

Basically this, yeah.

dhopisthename
04-18-2018, 09:20 PM
tough first half. Turnovers killing both teams. Jerebko gaurding Melo wasn't nearly as big a disaster as it was last game.

c.c.
04-18-2018, 09:34 PM
Derrick Favors balling

dhopisthename
04-18-2018, 09:40 PM
yeah new career high for Favors with 19. sounds kinda sad, but to be fair to him this is only his 4th series and the 2 last year he was hurt and wasn't starting in the other one.

dhopisthename
04-18-2018, 09:46 PM
ugh man the Jazz make so many mental mistakes. two straight terrible turnovers

tredigs
04-18-2018, 09:49 PM
This is the Paul George Thunder fans were hoping they would get. It's playoff time, he's here.

tredigs
04-18-2018, 09:52 PM
It's tough in the playoffs when your best offensive player is a rookie. A lot of mistakes.

JAZZNC
04-18-2018, 09:53 PM
Absolute disaster of a 3rd quarter. That has been a problem all year for us. Thought we had rectified that but this is bad. Mitchell is playing like garbage and Ingles is once again giving us nothing. Ugh...

tredigs
04-18-2018, 09:55 PM
The late surge by Utah could save a total 3rd quarter collapse for them here.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 09:58 PM
damn.... did not expect that run.

tredigs
04-18-2018, 10:08 PM
Swiiingy game tonight. Jazz with the lead and the momentum now.

dhopisthename
04-18-2018, 10:08 PM
Jazz after a complete collaspe in the 3rd have rebounded nicely to take a 2 point lead back

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 10:10 PM
what a 360..

dhopisthename
apparently only ricky rubio and favors can hit 3's.

FlashBolt
wow... two missed bunnies!!!!!!!

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 10:11 PM
ricky rubio deserves props for improving his shooting. this is a huge turnaround for his career.

dhopisthename
04-18-2018, 10:13 PM
man the Jazz are giving up wide open 3's right now.

IKnowHoops
04-18-2018, 10:14 PM
Mad respect for Ray Felton still in the NBA

tredigs
04-18-2018, 10:18 PM
Rubio never should have passed up the open corner 3 at the start of that play. You're not going to get a look that good again against playoff D in the half court with Utah's O.

IKnowHoops
04-18-2018, 10:20 PM
ricky rubio deserves props for improving his shooting. this is a huge turnaround for his career.

And still broke as...

tredigs
04-18-2018, 10:24 PM
And still broke as...

16/5/6 on 46/44/86 the last 30 games (since before the All Star Break). Nothing broke about that.

tredigs
04-18-2018, 10:24 PM
Didn't like that final call on Adams.

dhopisthename
04-18-2018, 10:25 PM
wow adams is pissed. I would be thats pretty close.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 10:27 PM
are you serious...? wtf

dhopisthename
04-18-2018, 10:27 PM
what a bad foul by ingles. try to defend over giving westbrook two free throws.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 10:28 PM
if russ takes another stupid shot im turning the tv off

dhopisthename
04-18-2018, 10:29 PM
thats a bad foul call. no one touched mitchell

WaDe03
04-18-2018, 10:32 PM
Wow and Mitchell has that clutch gene, he literally is the next Wade.

HandsOnTheWheel
Lolmelo

ewing
That was not Olympic Melo

tredigs
04-18-2018, 10:33 PM
And Utah leaves OKC taking over HCA. Mission accomplished for them.

YAALREADYKNO
1-1 going back to Utah

HandsOnTheWheel
Wow and Mitchell has that clutch gene, he literally is the next Wade.

Reminds me of a young Wade a lot.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 10:35 PM
thanks Melo. Great to have you.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 10:36 PM
Melo shooting 35% overall and 25% from three. Yet, we keep passing the ball to him like he's Klay

dhopisthename
04-18-2018, 10:37 PM
Melo shooting 35% overall and 25% from three. Yet, we keep passing the ball to him like he's Klay

I really don't get it. Melo isn't a bad player, but to not have PG or Westbrook shooting that is just terrible.

JAZZNC
04-18-2018, 10:41 PM
Gritty win there. Mitchell couldn't buy a 3 but got to the line and got some easy points. Huge games by our bigs as well. If we can just get anything out of Ingles we'll be OK. Clutch free throws by Rudy too just when I was starting to think he was turning into Deandre Jordan at the line. Now back to Utah where I hope like hell we can win 2.

tredigs
04-18-2018, 10:45 PM
986797073340272640 Lockdown on these boys by Utah.

tredigs
04-18-2018, 10:48 PM
dbl

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 10:56 PM
this is why I like Mitchell.. never afraid of the spotlight. always ready to show up. You're telling me he doesn't deserve some mention for ROTY? I said it a month ago and was mocked by Philly fans.. but you can't deny that this kid is special. He's a darn rookie going up against Melo/West/PG and taking over games.

zn23
04-18-2018, 11:18 PM
Melo is pathetic. He has been reduced to a jump shooter and he can't hit a damn 3 in the 4th quarter. Out of common decency he shouldn't opt in this year. Especially if he's going to continue to play the way he has.

zn23
04-18-2018, 11:19 PM
this is why I like Mitchell.. never afraid of the spotlight. always ready to show up. You're telling me he doesn't deserve some mention for ROTY? I said it a month ago and was mocked by Philly fans.. but you can't deny that this kid is special. He's a darn rookie going up against Melo/West/PG and taking over games.

He's definitely my choice for ROY.

Bring The Heat
04-18-2018, 11:21 PM
Mitchell is the next Dwayne Wade... unbelieveable athleticism and skill.. his potential is scary good

dhopisthename
04-18-2018, 11:26 PM
have to love pointless stats.

Firefistus
04-18-2018, 11:29 PM
Man, Jazz can't buy a bucket. Sometimes Utah goes like this for weeks. I hope they can turn the tide around and start hitting shots like they've been doing the last few months. (Our last cold spell was when we were playing all the sub 500 teams in the east, we beat them because our defense, but all the games were close.)

Credit to the OKC defense today though. Jazz just were cold game 1, but shooting wide open shots. But the Thunder took the Jazz out of rythm today, and that was the major reason Utah couldn't hit anything.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 11:32 PM
Man, Jazz can't buy a bucket. Sometimes Utah goes like this for weeks. I hope they can turn the tide around and start hitting shots like they've been doing the last few months. (Our last cold spell was when we were playing all the sub 500 teams in the east, we beat them because our defense, but all the games were close.)

Credit to the OKC defense today though. Jazz just were cold game 1, but shooting wide open shots. But the Thunder took the Jazz out of rythm today, and that was the major reason Utah couldn't hit anything.

russ/melo/pg were 0-13 i think in the fourth.. it's one of those games where a team has to just get lucky for a few shots and that's game. i really hate melo. I was so wrong about him being better than Kanter..

More-Than-Most
04-19-2018, 12:08 AM
28 points on 25 shots.... there is nothing on how great favors/gobert and rubio were all around. I cant stand when PTS are the end all be all.

Before anyone screams hate... Its why I think iverson is overrated as ****. Its not hard to score 28 when you take 25 shots.

More-Than-Most
04-19-2018, 12:10 AM
dmitch with no help.. favors 20/16 ... gobert 13/15 with insane defense... Rubio 22/9/7 with sick defense. Interesting.

FlashBolt
04-19-2018, 12:12 AM
28 points on 25 shots.... there is nothing on how great favors/gobert and rubio were all around. I cant stand when PTS are the end all be all.

Before anyone screams hate... Its why I think iverson is overrated as ****. Its not hard to score 28 when you take 25 shots.

did you even watch the game? Neither teams could get good looks all game. Donovan was the only guy scoring in the fourth.. that's where stars are made.

nastynice
04-19-2018, 12:26 AM

Haha, I was wondering if you been watching Utah, based on your roty comments I assumed you just never watched him play. Now you seen him play, but you still belittling everything he does, lol, bro! The boy a certified stud, even you must admit..

nastynice
04-19-2018, 12:27 AM
dmitch with no help.. favors 20/16 ... gobert 13/15 with insane defense... Rubio 22/9/7 with sick defense. Interesting.

Who's the leader of that team?

nastynice
04-19-2018, 12:28 AM
I still think okc the third best team in the west, they'll get it together

More-Than-Most
04-19-2018, 12:45 AM
I still think okc the third best team in the west, they'll get it together

OKC Is trash because PG13 is overrated and melo is garbage... Westy is amazing though... I said this as well when everyone said they would be a team out west that would fight for a top 2 seed... they barely made the playoffs.

More-Than-Most
04-19-2018, 12:45 AM
Who's the leader of that team?

gobert because he is their best player.

More-Than-Most
04-19-2018, 12:47 AM
did you even watch the game? Neither teams could get good looks all game. Donovan was the only guy scoring in the fourth.. that's where stars are made.

No that is where ******** is made... Fun note bron is better than Kobe in 4th quarters yet kobe is known as one of the GOAT closers and bron gets called a choker... BUT STARS ARE MADE IN THE 4TH... No what happens in the 4th is shooters who shoot a ton finally make a few and get overrated as **** and labeled closers.

nastynice
04-19-2018, 12:57 AM
gobert because he is their best player.

lol, no, he's not the leader. He's certainly their best defender, I won't argue against that

Saddletramp
04-19-2018, 02:53 AM
No that is where ******** is made... Fun note bron is better than Kobe in 4th quarters yet kobe is known as one of the GOAT closers and bron gets called a choker... BUT STARS ARE MADE IN THE 4TH... No what happens in the 4th is shooters who shoot a ton finally make a few and get overrated as **** and labeled closers.

You're so annoying.

JAZZNC
04-19-2018, 07:59 AM

Literally nobody in this thread has said he has no help?? You are absolutely the worst man. But hey keep arguing with nobody....seems like you're pretty good at it. And all your "points" you're trying to make have already been acknowledged but that doesn't fit your ridiculous narrative so it's like that doesn't exist to you.

JAZZNC
04-19-2018, 08:00 AM
You're so annoying.

That's the understatement of the century.

More-Than-Most
04-19-2018, 09:06 AM
You're so annoying.

thank you.

More-Than-Most
04-19-2018, 09:08 AM
Literally nobody in this thread has said he has no help?? You are absolutely the worst man. But hey keep arguing with nobody....seems like you're pretty good at it. And all your "points" you're trying to make have already been acknowledged but that doesn't fit your ridiculous narrative so it's like that doesn't exist to you.

what narrative exactly? This isnt about rookie of the year that has come and gone... this isnt about best team... watching someone shoot 25 shots for 28 points and get all the credit is literally as old school as it gets and its dumb. The NBA has evolved passed this thank god and I full expect Mitch to up his shooting percent as time goes by because he is a rookie but yes i find it annoying when guys get credit for shooting the rock 25 times.

Vinylman
04-19-2018, 09:09 AM
Why do you guys even engage MTM? He is clearly one of the most clueless posters on the site

As for the game ... nice win Utah...

Keep it up so PG13 doesn't even have second thoughts about leaving for LA :D

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-19-2018, 10:14 AM
What a game. I literally didn't sit down from the moment Carmelo hit that 3 in the middle of the 19-0 OKC run. Jazz brought it defensively, the intensity was crazy. Mitchell is definitely that dude. Both he and Simmons deserve ROY. Jazz had 4 players who played HUGE. Although the Jazz will play great D all series, i dont expect them to match the intensity they had last night, seemed to catch OKC off guard. And for some reason it doesn't seem like Russ or PG respect Mitchell or the Jazz, cuz the D they play on him isn't the D they're capable of playing or necessary when guarding DM. OKC has to match that intensity or take it to another level. DMdefinitely earned the respect last night, and hope the Thunder take him seriously. I can't wait for Saturday.

I won't even talk about the refs. Good win for the Jazz. Crazy how the Playoffs make you think (atleast me) - after Sunday I thought the Jazz were clearly outmatched. Now it seems like the Jazz may very well take this series in 5. haha.

More-Than-Most
04-19-2018, 10:14 AM
Why do you guys even engage MTM? He is clearly one of the most clueless posters on the site

As for the game ... nice win Utah...

Keep it up so PG13 doesn't even have second thoughts about leaving for LA :D

clueless? my bad.. i forgot i dont go by the eye test lolololol

JAZZNC
04-19-2018, 10:16 AM
what narrative exactly? This isnt about rookie of the year that has come and gone... this isnt about best team... watching someone shoot 25 shots for 28 points and get all the credit is literally as old school as it gets and its dumb. The NBA has evolved passed this thank god and I full expect Mitch to up his shooting percent as time goes by because he is a rookie but yes i find it annoying when guys get credit for shooting the rock 25 times.

Your narrative that he gets all the credit. I said that both bigs had monster games and that Rudy hit clutch free throws to ice the game. I said that Mitchell had a garbage game but acknowledged that he had a strong finish to the game (which he did). But you, it seems, can't allow ANY credit to be given his way. And Rubio flirting with a triple double and hitting his 3's (even though he had a poor shooting night overall) was huge. People AREN'T arguing that he didn't have help. They are just saying he played well in crunch time.

FlashBolt
04-19-2018, 12:14 PM
mitchell was the only guy scoring in the fourth... not PG (your clutch fave player), not Melo, not Westy... Mitchell. A rookie who was drafted #13 or w.e on a team that wasn't expected to make the playoffs. This guy just wants us to slurp ben simmons again.

Firefistus
04-19-2018, 12:57 PM
What a game. I literally didn't sit down from the moment Carmelo hit that 3 in the middle of the 19-0 OKC run. Jazz brought it defensively, the intensity was crazy. Mitchell is definitely that dude. Both he and Simmons deserve ROY. Jazz had 4 players who played HUGE. Although the Jazz will play great D all series, i dont expect them to match the intensity they had last night, seemed to catch OKC off guard. And for some reason it doesn't seem like Russ or PG respect Mitchell or the Jazz, cuz the D they play on him isn't the D they're capable of playing or necessary when guarding DM. OKC has to match that intensity or take it to another level. DMdefinitely earned the respect last night, and hope the Thunder take him seriously. I can't wait for Saturday.

I won't even talk about the refs. Good win for the Jazz. Crazy how the Playoffs make you think (atleast me) - after Sunday I thought the Jazz were clearly outmatched. Now it seems like the Jazz may very well take this series in 5. haha.

This is actually more like the Utah Jazz team I've been watching the last 3 months. They still weren't in full gears, they have another gear defensively that I hope they hit. Because they will need it for the series. But it's a good start.

Quinn Snyder has 2 full days of practice to take guys through prevent defense and take the lanes away. I'm hoping they can come in stronger and actually HIT three point shots. OKC has just completely denied our three point shooters to the point where it's debilitating.

Scoots
04-19-2018, 01:21 PM
Mitchell needs help for his game to grow. If only the Jazz had a good SF who could shoot, and play a smart all around game ...

Firefistus
04-19-2018, 01:47 PM
Mitchell needs help for his game to grow. If only the Jazz had a good SF who could shoot, and play a smart all around game ...

I used to have such respect for you too......now......all I have left is pain....

Vee-Rex
04-19-2018, 02:25 PM
I used to have such respect for you too......now......all I have left is pain....

https://hafuboti.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/toy-story-pain.jpg?w=700

nastynice
04-19-2018, 02:44 PM

He just sweatin a bit cuz now he finally SAW Mitchell and sees how he is clearly a legit roty candidate. Up to this point all he knew about Mitchell was the stats he could see on him

dhopisthename
04-21-2018, 07:14 PM
its crazy that the pelicans and blazers series might be over before this series plays its 3rd game. Its not like okc to utah is some long travel either. well its not compared to Portland to new orleans.

goingfor28
04-21-2018, 10:15 PM
Everything about Utah right now is hideous. Uniforms and court look ****ing awful.

papipapsmanny
04-21-2018, 10:26 PM

Ehh he shot 55% from 2...... just a bad day from beyond the arch, yeah you can argue that he should have stopped after the firs 3 or 4, either way he played well and they needed his output to win

tredigs
04-21-2018, 10:49 PM
OKC can't miss from 3. Fall from Grace in this game is coming soon for them

flea
04-21-2018, 11:05 PM
This is a great bball game so far, and I'll be disappointed if it isn't in the 2nd half. Great atmosphere, mostly clean play (unlike the sloppy Rockets/Twolves game), and great play. The 3 Adams fouls loom large though.

tredigs
04-21-2018, 11:12 PM
OKC can't miss from 3. Fall from Grace in this game is coming soon for them

25-8 run by Utah in the 1st half since this comment was made. The defense rests.

Utah is the better TEAM and will win this series.

ewing
04-21-2018, 11:16 PM
i don't about you but if i'm on the road and Rubio scored a dozen straight I call TO

ewing
04-21-2018, 11:19 PM
This is a great bball game so far, and I'll be disappointed if it isn't in the 2nd half. Great atmosphere, mostly clean play (unlike the sloppy Rockets/Twolves game), and great play. The 3 Adams fouls loom large though.

serious. 2nd year in a row I watched b/t 0 and 5 Jazz games and then they became a favorite team to watch in the playoffs. Its so much fun watching guys blow by get to 15 and slam on the break cause they see Rudy's shadow

ewing
04-21-2018, 11:22 PM
I don't think they should be allowed to wear Arizona Sun Devil/Atlanta Hawks uniforms

ewing
04-21-2018, 11:33 PM
You better be able to hit a mid range jumper against the Jazz when Rudy is out there

tredigs
04-21-2018, 11:37 PM
i don't about you but if i'm on the road and Rubio scored a dozen straight I call TO

You owe the RUFIOOOO I mean RUBIOOOO a formal apology.

He's averaging 20/9/9 in this series and shooting extremely well the past few months.

Edit: 15/5/6 on 44/42/85 (1.5 made 3's a game) + elite-ish D the past 4 and a half months. My boy has been legit.

ewing
04-21-2018, 11:41 PM
You owe the RUFIOOOO I mean RUBIOOOO a formal apology.

He's averaging 20/9/9 in this series and shooting extremely well the past few months.

I accept that. Dude is ballin

tredigs
04-21-2018, 11:44 PM
I accept that. Dude is ballin
My guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um8mMa5w41A

flea
04-21-2018, 11:45 PM
Rubio's just got such great instincts. Teague is nice but I'm sure all Twolves fans are miffed (even though I can't remember the details on what they got out of that trade). He might not be the latter-day Kidd I thought he could be but he's a good PG - especially for a team that has another backcourt scorer and a pair of bigs that need to be set up.

flea
04-21-2018, 11:46 PM
Thunder really need Adams to play at least 13 or 14 minutes of the 16 minutes left in this game.

ewing
04-21-2018, 11:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um8mMa5w41A

great clip, shame right now it look like he shot his wad in the 2nd. seriously though if he can hit some 3s and make the crazy looking fall away floater off the dribble he's good.

tredigs
04-21-2018, 11:49 PM
great clip, shame right now it look like he shot his wad in the 2nd. seriously though if he can hit some 3s and make the crazy looking fall away floater off the dribble he's good.

Always been a smart/winning player on both ends imo. GIFTED as a playmaker. Just a matter of hitting his shots to truly be scary. Lately, he's been doing that.

ewing
04-21-2018, 11:52 PM
Always been a smart/winning player on both ends imo. GIFTED as a playmaker. Just a matter of hitting his shots to truly be scary. Lately, he's been doing that.

I agree. I just don't know if you can be a winning ball player in this league as a primary ball handler when you can't score but putting the ball in the hole is only thing that has held Rubio back

tredigs
04-21-2018, 11:59 PM
I agree. I just don't know if you can be a winning ball player in this league as a primary ball handler when you can't score but putting the ball in the hole is only thing that has held Rubio back

It's possible Minny did not cultivate the best culture for him to succeed (crazy, I KNOW).

Those RPM stats you hate always had him as a winning player, for what it's worth. And again, he's been scoring, and efficiently so. Going on 5 months of efficient 15+ ppg scoring is no longer a fluke. If he can do that with everything else he brings, he is a huge asset.

tredigs
04-22-2018, 12:01 AM
On QUE. Let's GOOO!

flea
04-22-2018, 12:01 AM
Lol might be the Jazz's night. I want to go to bed but I'll at least give it until the 7 or 6 minute mark in the 4th.

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 12:02 AM
yo utah is loud as **** lol... also rubio carrying... mitch needs more help yo.

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 12:02 AM
rubio--------------------------->hayward

ewing
04-22-2018, 12:03 AM
It's possible Minny did not cultivate the best culture for him to succeed (crazy, I KNOW).

Those RPM stats you hate always had him as a winning player, for what it's worth. And again, he's been scoring, and efficiently so. Going on 5 months of efficient 15+ ppg scoring is no longer a fluke. If he can do that with everything else he brings, he is a huge asset.

I'm not arguing with you this time :) Honestly this is almost as fun as the Bojan show last night

tredigs
04-22-2018, 12:03 AM
rubio--------------------------->hayward

You spelled Lebron wrong.

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 12:05 AM
i will say this... and i said it before...i would not want PG13 as my best or 2nd best player ever... I would like him behind embiid and simmons but he will never win anything being a 1st or 2nd option.. he might be one of the more overrated guys in basketball

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 12:07 AM
welp here comes OKC

tredigs
04-22-2018, 12:09 AM
i will say this... and i said it before...i would not want PG13 as my best or 2nd best player ever... I would like him behind embiid and simmons but he will never win anything being a 1st or 2nd option.. he might be one of the more overrated guys in basketball

If PG is your 2nd best player you are automatically one of the most talented teams in the NBA. He's better than Simmons. Embiid has more two way potential but has more to prove still.

Granted, I'd take both next season over PG.

ewing
04-22-2018, 12:10 AM

this guy just hates certain players. I don't get it

dhopisthename
04-22-2018, 12:12 AM
Lol might be the Jazz's night. I want to go to bed but I'll at least give it until the 7 or 6 minute mark in the 4th.

as you can see the Jazz can get careless with the ball or can just go cold from the field.

flea
04-22-2018, 12:13 AM
He's MTM he's been the same for years. He's like the grammaw of PSD.

ewing
04-22-2018, 12:14 AM
Rudy is an absolute monster on D.

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 12:16 AM
its funny really... remember how meh the pacers were until they realized they could get rid of him and actually build a team... He then left and that pacer team looks much much better than they did at any point in the PG13 era.

ewing
Now Joe Engles is on fire

flea
No clue how you lose the other team's best 3 point shooter like Westbrook did. His IQ and/or effort on D is seriously so disappointing after his college career as a D specialist.

flea
04-22-2018, 12:17 AM
its funny really... remember how meh the pacers were until they realized they could get rid of him and actually build a team... He then left and that pacer team looks much much better than they did at any point in the PG13 era.

You're not gonna bait any of the 3 of us, we're OG posters.

ewing
04-22-2018, 12:17 AM

What makes it funny?

ewing
04-22-2018, 12:18 AM
olympic Melo

tredigs
04-22-2018, 12:19 AM

Because they're slapping around the pathetic Cavs squad that Lebron created? The Pacers are a very mediocre team as far as the playoffs are concerned. They're just well coached and a true team, similar to the Celtics. Both are out in the 2nd round.

In other news. Westbrook 5-17 with 8 turnovers.

GG to the Jazz. The better team will predictably win this series.

flea
04-22-2018, 12:20 AM
Guys don't make a liar out of me.

ewing
04-22-2018, 12:21 AM
Because they're slapping around the pathetic Cavs squad that Lebron created? The Pacers are a very mediocre team as far as the playoffs are concerned. They're just well coached and a true team, similar to the celtics. Both are out in the 2nd round.

Don't count out olympic Melo

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 12:21 AM
Guys don't make a liar out of me.

lmfao how does that feel.. like flies to dog **** my boy : )

flea
04-22-2018, 12:22 AM
Well I'm out now anyway, argue with him about Lebron's jock size for all I care now.

tredigs
Rubio BLOCKS the corner 3 :laugh: This guy

zn23
Terrible offense from the Thunder. They're making one pass per possession and mostly isolating.

tredigs
04-22-2018, 12:26 AM
Jazz crowd chanting "RUBIO! RUBIO!" for extended periods of this game has made my night. This dude deserves it. The Jazz are dope. Nice W. Looking forward to them tiring out the Rockets. The Dubs are gonna need it.

basch152
04-22-2018, 12:40 AM
honestly westy is the most overrated player in the NBA.

definition of a stat stuffer

JAZZNC
04-22-2018, 12:45 AM
Wow, helluva game! Rubio with the triple double! Where's idontknowhoops with his Rubio is trash nonsense!?!? The guy has been playing excellent basketball. Rudy did his thing as always and there was finally an Ingles sighting. I like how Mitchell was labeled as a scorer only and now has 2 double doubles in 3 games in the playoffs. Just a great game all around. Just gotta protect home court next game.

JAZZNC
04-22-2018, 12:49 AM
Everything about Utah right now is hideous. Uniforms and court look ****ing awful.

Get bent, you're just a Jazz hater. So much for that sweep you were calling for.

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 01:11 AM
i think the jazz court might be the best court i have seen ever

mightybosstone
04-22-2018, 01:14 AM
Glad to see the Jazz take the lead in this series and that Rubio had a moment in the playoffs. I always felt like he could be a solid big game performer in the playoffs if given a chance. I picked OKC to win this series, but I didn't feel good about it, and if I could change my vote, I would.

As for OKC, where is the hate for Westbrook? Dude goes 5-17 with 8 turnovers and nobody is in here ripping on the guy? PSDers, this is why the Harden hate pisses me off. You guys claim to give everyone the same treatment, but you clearly don't.

tredigs
04-22-2018, 01:24 AM
Glad to see the Jazz take the lead in this series and that Rubio had a moment in the playoffs. I always felt like he could be a solid big game performer in the playoffs if given a chance. I picked OKC to win this series, but I didn't feel good about it, and if I could change my vote, I would.

As for OKC, where is the hate for Westbrook? Dude goes 5-17 with 8 turnovers and nobody is in here ripping on the guy? PSDers, this is why the Harden hate pisses me off. You guys claim to give everyone the same treatment, but you clearly don't.

Because they're slapping around the pathetic Cavs squad that Lebron created? The Pacers are a very mediocre team as far as the playoffs are concerned. They're just well coached and a true team, similar to the Celtics. Both are out in the 2nd round.

At a certain point, Westbrook doesn't deserve the hate. Just subtle reminders that he isn't among the true elite players. Take it as a badge of honor for Harden that we recognize him enough to *****-slap him when he has his epic fails.

nastynice
04-22-2018, 02:22 AM

If pg13 is your second best player, then you are a contender.

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 03:51 AM
If pg13 is your second best player, then you are a contender.

except the thunder arent lol

Lakers + Giants
04-22-2018, 04:57 AM

TBF, and you know i don't like PG either, but does OKC have a #1 option? I think they have 2 #2 options in RWB and PG

Firefistus
04-22-2018, 12:18 PM
Get bent, you're just a Jazz hater. So much for that sweep you were calling for.

There ARE some people that don't like the new jerseys, but they are few and far between. Nike designed the stadium AND the jerseys and they have polled positive 95%. I was reading about it earlier this year. And those 5% seems to REALLY hate the colors. But like it or hate the new color, it's here to stay. It's the most popular selling jersey this year for Utah.

P.S. I LOVE THEM.

Vinylman
04-22-2018, 01:24 PM
Thank you Utah... now finish it so PG13 heads to LA

goingfor28
04-22-2018, 01:32 PM
There ARE some people that don't like the new jerseys, but they are few and far between. Nike designed the stadium AND the jerseys and they have polled positive 95%. I was reading about it earlier this year. And those 5% seems to REALLY hate the colors. But like it or hate the new color, it's here to stay. It's the most popular selling jersey this year for Utah.

P.S. I LOVE THEM.The entire color and scheme is terrible. They look awful and I have no idea how everyone seems to love them.

goingfor28
04-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Get bent, you're just a Jazz hater. So much for that sweep you were calling for.I don't give a flying **** one way or another about the Jazz. Just think the new jerseys and court are absolutely atrocious.

warfelg
04-22-2018, 01:35 PM
The Jazz should be a NO team name, given the history and origin. But, way too late to change that part now.

What I don't like about that Jazz alt uni is the color scheme is so derivative of their actual color scheme that it looks like a completely different team TBH. I can't think of another 3rd uni for a team that is so strikingly different color wise from a teams standard colorway.

Lakers + Giants
04-22-2018, 02:03 PM
The Jazz should be a NO team name, given the history and origin. But, way too late to change that part now.

What I don't like about that Jazz alt uni is the color scheme is so derivative of their actual color scheme that it looks like a completely different team TBH. I can't think of another 3rd uni for a team that is so strikingly different color wise from a teams standard colorway.

Agreed. From blue to orange. It'd be like us having an alternate green jersey.. :puke:

TrueFan420
04-22-2018, 02:33 PM
TBF, and you know i don't like PG either, but does OKC have a #1 option? I think they have 2 #2 options in RWB and PG
RWB certainly thinks he's a first option. I've been saying this for years and will continue to... Westbrook is a bigger more athletic AI. He's an extremely talented player but will never win anything because of how he plays the game. It's not to late for him to change but it is unlikely.

basch152
04-22-2018, 11:39 PM
RWB certainly thinks he's a first option. I've been saying this for years and will continue to... Westbrook is a bigger more athletic AI. He's an extremely talented player but will never win anything because of how he plays the game. It's not to late for him to change but it is unlikely.

pretty much this.

he'll stat whore his entire career, and statistically be one of the greatest players ever, but in reality he won't be a top 100 all time player.

ewing
04-22-2018, 11:45 PM
pretty much this.

he'll stat whore his entire career, and statistically be one of the greatest players ever, but in reality he won't be a top 100 all time player.

He is a flawed player. Blaming everything bad on his flaws and giving no credit for what he does well is BS. His team went 7 with a great Warriors team. You can obliviously win with him. Not being an ideal best player in all aspects doesn't mean you cant win with that guy. If you don't win and you have big flaws they will and should be called out. You still can win with that guy

basch152
04-22-2018, 11:57 PM
He is a flawed player. Blaming everything bad on his flaws and giving no credit for what he does well is BS. His team went 7 with a great Warriors team. You can obliviously win with him. Not being an ideal best player in all aspects doesn't mean you cant win with that guy. If you don't win and you have big flaws they will and should be called out. You still can win with that guy

they went 7 games with golden State when they were led by Durant, who is the 2nd best player in the NBA. that's not really saying much about Westbrook.

then after losing Durant they almost got swept in the first round by houston, and now they're losing to friggen Utah.

shouldn't be happening when he had Paul George now.

Westbrook stat whoring does more harm than good.

you can still win with Westbrook. you can win with anyone if you have the right pieces.

but Westbrook is not a top 5 player in the NBA. he's not top 10 honestly.

ewing
04-23-2018, 12:10 AM
they went 7 games with golden State when they were led by Durant, who is the 2nd best player in the NBA. that's not really saying much about Westbrook.

then after losing Durant they almost got swept in the first round by houston, and now they're losing to friggen Utah.

you can still win with Westbrook. you can win with anyone if you have the right pieces.

ďYouíre rightĒ would have surficed

nastynice
04-23-2018, 12:12 AM

After their top 2 guys Adams solid, melo fell off, and then there isnít much else. Okc is unusually bad given how things are playing out, mostly cuz melo is just clearly done rather than a solid scorer. But in most scenarios, anything outside of an F or D, yea pg13 being your second best player means youíre a contender

nastynice
04-23-2018, 12:14 AM

I agree, he could be a good enough #1 on a well built team to contend, pg13 with him is cool, same with Adams and guys like Roberson. But they need more, if melo was where he was even 2 years ago they could make some noise

nastynice
04-23-2018, 12:17 AM

Honestly if you take those random untimely forced shots out of his game heís probably a really efficient scorer/play maker.

zn23
04-23-2018, 02:09 AM
It's time for the Thunder to nut up.

dhopisthename
04-23-2018, 05:39 PM
I find it funny how many people are writing the Thunder off. If they can win tonight's game, historically the team with homecourt wins 76% of the series.

Oefarmy2005
04-23-2018, 05:48 PM
I think the Thunder are a great team and definitely have more high-end tallent than the Jazz to take over(which may happen), however, I think the Jazz are better as a TEAM.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-23-2018, 06:02 PM
I think the Thunder are a great team and definitely have more high-end tallent than the Jazz to take over(which may happen), however, I think the Jazz are better as a TEAM.

Without a doubt.

tredigs
04-23-2018, 09:39 PM
With King Rubio demanding extra attention tonight, look for a huge night from D Mitch. Another Utah W coming up I think.

tredigs
04-23-2018, 10:35 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game.

tredigs
04-23-2018, 10:58 PM
Lmfao 2 early fouls on Westbrook going at Rubio because of his embarrassment from last game and his subsequent talk. This idiot is SHOOK. Loving this game.

JAZZNC
04-23-2018, 11:20 PM
Jae Crowder has been soooo bad this series...ugh. Can't hit a shot, ugly turnovers.

We also gotta start hitting these easy shots at the rim.

YAALREADYKNO
04-23-2018, 11:28 PM
Damn Russ takes some stupid shots. Forces the issue too much at times

dhopisthename
04-23-2018, 11:31 PM
wow these refs have been garbage

smoothhooper
04-23-2018, 11:33 PM
OKC, Spurs, or Minnesota is winning the west

only casuals think otherwise

dhopisthename
04-23-2018, 11:34 PM
OKC, Spurs, or Minnesota is winning the west

only casuals think otherwise

... what?

JAZZNC
04-23-2018, 11:38 PM
Good Lord, if we can start hitting shots we could really open this thing up.

dhopisthename
04-23-2018, 11:38 PM
Jae Crowder has been soooo bad this series...ugh. Can't hit a shot, ugly turnovers.

We also gotta start hitting these easy shots at the rim.

ingles has been nearly just as bad is the issue. I think crowder is doing more defensively.

tredigs
04-23-2018, 11:40 PM
The door is wide open for Utah. They're playing better, just missing their opportunities. They should win this game.

tredigs
04-23-2018, 11:41 PM
... what?

Just some dude creating a troll account, he'll be gone in a minute.

dhopisthename
04-23-2018, 11:42 PM
The door is wide open for Utah. They're playing better, just missing their opportunities. They should win this game.

I think on average our shots have been more wide open and better shots, but some bad TO's and 4-16 from 3 are keeping this close.

tredigs
04-23-2018, 11:44 PM
4th 1st half foul on Wesbtrook :laugh:

3 of them directly on Rubio :laugh:

tredigs
04-23-2018, 11:45 PM
I think on average our shots have been more wide open and better shots, but some bad TO's and 4-16 from 3 are keeping this close.

They have been. You guys are the better team, it's clear as day.

JAZZNC
04-23-2018, 11:47 PM
Phenomenal way to close the half!

YAALREADYKNO
04-23-2018, 11:48 PM
Okc 😂🤦🏽*♂️

Htownballa1622
Joe Ingles is gonna frustrate me next round but man I love him against Thunder lol.

JAZZNC
I agree that we are getting great shots it just took almost the whole 1st half to finally start hitting some.

zn23
04-23-2018, 11:49 PM
It's Joe Ingles world and we're all living in it.

SirSkyHook
04-23-2018, 11:50 PM
The Jazz play a great brand of basketball, but damn why do i hate that team so much?....

zn23
04-23-2018, 11:51 PM
If Jae Crowder wasn't such a bum, this would be a blow out probably.

tredigs
04-23-2018, 11:52 PM
Westbrook 5 for 13, staying true to form.

zn23
04-23-2018, 11:53 PM
Weak *** technical though on Ingles.

tredigs
04-23-2018, 11:56 PM
Weak *** technical though on Ingles.

To say the least. He should actually be fined + suspended a game for calling that a T, and I'm not joking. That 1 point is not meaningless.

smoothhooper
04-24-2018, 12:01 AM
Rubio is really outsmarting westbrook

smoothhooper
04-24-2018, 12:01 AM
extra weak

zn23
04-24-2018, 12:08 AM
If OKC loses, it's 100% on Westbrook. Because he decided to make this personal and it jeopardized the team.

dhopisthename
04-24-2018, 12:08 AM
wow okc looks discombobulated out there. they better get something together at this timeout.

dhopisthename
04-24-2018, 12:21 AM
jazz are just picking on westbrook and melo right now. Westbrook has been horrible with the 4 fouls on defense.

tredigs
No surprise here. Utah doing what they do. Cream rising.

WaDe03
Don't worry Flashbolt, after the thunder are knocked out you still have the Cavs and at least your Knicks will get a decent pick in the lottery. As for your other teams you root for I'm not sure

dhopisthename
04-24-2018, 12:27 AM
man if melo was a league average player I think okc might be tied with Utah right now.

More-Than-Most
04-24-2018, 12:30 AM
when can the thunder get out from melos contract? maybe one day teams will stop falling for the name and realize the talent is gone.

WaDe03
04-24-2018, 12:31 AM
A Westbrook led team will never win anything, his basketball IQ is far too low and he just wants to be a stat stuffer. Don't see why PG would stay, Melo may for the money but I doubt it.

More-Than-Most
Don't worry Flashbolt, after the thunder are knocked out you still have the Cavs and at least your Knicks will get a decent pick in the lottery. As for your other teams you root for I'm not sure

lol how can you say this about someone when you follow a player and not a team?

dhopisthename
when can the thunder get out from melos contract? maybe one day teams will stop falling for the name and realize the talent is gone.

Melo has a huge player option next year. very doubtful he opts out.

zn23
04-24-2018, 12:33 AM

Well, Carmelo has an early termination clause. Which, based off the way he's played, he's going to likely going to waive. So they likely have 1 more year left with him at $28M.

JAZZNC
04-24-2018, 12:35 AM
Well, Carmelo has an early termination clause. Which, based off the way he's played, he's going to likely going to waive. So they likely have 1 more year left with him at $28M.
He likely won't make $28m for the rest of his career so no....hes not opting out.

I still don't know why they keep going to him either.

JAZZNC
04-24-2018, 12:37 AM
OKC reminds me of the Wolves in that they have a bunch of individually good players but they don't mesh, have poor coaching, and no philosophy on offense. It's like playground ball.

KobeOwnSU
04-24-2018, 12:38 AM
Felton looks like the thunder cloud care bear.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

zn23
04-24-2018, 12:46 AM
Donovan Mitchell is a gangster. No other way to say. Best Rookie.

tredigs
04-24-2018, 01:00 AM
Jae Crowder is lucky to be alive right now. That kid just flirted with fire.

That was on purpose. Steven Adams has a massive amount of resolve to not react there.

dhopisthename
04-24-2018, 01:01 AM
how the F is that an ejection on crowder, but Westbrook who instigated the whole thing comes out scotch free.

dhopisthename
04-24-2018, 01:02 AM
Jae Crowder is lucky to be alive right now. That kid just flirted with fire.

That was on purpose.

he wasn't trying to elbow adams he was trying to get melo off of him. he wasn't even looking adams direction.