PDA

View Full Version : WCQF: [3] Portland Trail Blazers vs. New Orleans Pelicans [6] | Pels win 4-0

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 12:33 PM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/1zyxamb.jpgVS.http://i65.tinypic.com/1446tz8.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 in Portland: Pelicans 97, Trail Blazers 95

Game 2 in Portland: Tuesday, April 17, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 3 in New Orleans: Thursday, April 19, 9 p.m. ET, NBA TV

Game 4 in New Orleans: Saturday, April 21, 5 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 5 in Portland: TBA (if necessary)

Game 6 in New Orleans: TBA (if necessary)

Game 7 in Portland: TBA (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i67.tinypic.com/i3ibtj.gif

C: Anthony Davis
PF: Nikola Mirotic
SF: Jrue Holiday
SG: E'Twaun Moore
PG: Rajon Rondo

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i66.tinypic.com/27xpfk3.gif

C: Jusuf Nurkic
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu
SF: Evan Turner
SG: CJ McCollum
PG: Damian Lillard

Smoothie King Center, New Orleans

http://media.nola.com/tpphotos/photo/2013/02/12280908-large.jpg

Moda Center, Portland

http://www.nba.com/blazers/sites/blazers/files/styles/news_block_medium/public/moda_750_041218.jpg

Heediot
04-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Rondo should be a influence with his experience and savy in the playoffs. I still like Portland in 6-7.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Portland in 5

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Blazers in 5.

Lillard and McCollum have both done this rodeo. They're used to the playoffs and intense games. I think they overwhelm the Pelicans. They go up 2-0, lose game 3, then win the next 2. Too strong in the Moda.

Jeffy25
04-12-2018, 03:53 PM
If Boogie was here, I'd almost think a draw. But Blazers are too much.

ewing
04-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Kudos to Boogie for finally making the playoffs. Blazers in 6

TylerSL
04-13-2018, 03:43 AM
Anthony Davis is such a beast and has currently never won a playoff game, having been swept in his only appearance. He's not going to swept this time around but I don't believe this is the year he will get his first series victory, as I have Portland winning this in six games. Lillard has the better team and is extremely motivated himself. Keep in mind that Lillard is clutch; does anyone else remember when he hit that three point shot at the buzzer to end the series against Houston? He's been dying to get back to contention and here he is. Should be a good games, and AD vs. Dame should be reason enough to want to watch. Would even better if Boogie never got hurt.

valade16
04-13-2018, 12:02 PM
While I hope Portland will win, and I think we should. NO has actually played better without Boogie, they've pushed the pace more and gotten other players involved more, they've settled into a better rhythm. This is not a gimme series by any stretch.

SfgiantsJD3
04-13-2018, 01:02 PM
(3) Portland Trail Blazers vs. (6) New Orleans Pelicans

Game 1: Sat. April 14 New Orleans at Portland, 10:30 p.m., ESPN

Game 2: Tue. April 17 New Orleans at Portland, 10:30 p.m., TNT

Game 3: Thu. April 19 Portland at New Orleans, 9 p.m., NBA TV

Game 4: Sat. April 21 Portland at New Orleans, 5 p.m.,TNT

Game 5: Tue. April 24 New Orleans at Portland, TBD
Game 6: Thu. April 26 Portland at New Orleans, TBD
Game 7: Sat. April 28 New Orleans at Portland, TNT*

tredigs
04-13-2018, 03:36 PM
Quietly the most intriguing 1st round matchup. I think it goes 7.

mrblisterdundee
04-14-2018, 02:13 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bostonjorge
04-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Davis is the difference maker. I see a close series with Lillard hitting a buzzer beater. Rondo defense on Portlandís guards will be the deciding factor who takes the series.

NOH win

ewing
04-14-2018, 11:47 PM
Wow Lillard and CJ combine for 3 points Iím the first half. Just turned in but that is crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
04-14-2018, 11:57 PM
The Pels have some good defensive wings and the Blazers are rushing.

ewing
04-15-2018, 12:11 AM
Playoff Rondo with 14,assists in the 3rd quarter

ewing
04-15-2018, 12:19 AM
Wow Portland only down 12 going to the 4th despite Lillard and CJ having terrible games

ewing
04-15-2018, 12:28 AM
Lillardís not shy

Scoots
04-15-2018, 12:30 AM

That's a hell of a quarter. Is that a record?

ewing
04-15-2018, 12:32 AM
That's a hell of a quarter. Is that a record?

Sorry I miswirded that. 14 total assists not all in the quarter.

ewing
04-15-2018, 12:48 AM
Wow I donít know how this is still a game

hallzi43
04-15-2018, 12:49 AM
NO blows this and they may as well call it a series. No way they can keep up that kind of intensity all series and this would be a hell of a blow.

LionsFan..LOL
04-15-2018, 12:51 AM
Wow Rondo with a big steal, unfortunately he was out of bounds.

ewing
04-15-2018, 12:51 AM
To the wire!

ewing
04-15-2018, 12:54 AM
Thought it was a good no call on Lillardís drive

ewing
04-15-2018, 12:56 AM
Have I told you I hate replay

ewing
04-15-2018, 12:58 AM
With no time outs you have at least try and get off a 3. Nightmare game for Lillard

hallzi43
04-15-2018, 12:59 AM
Force 3's all night but when you need one you try as hard as you can to get 2. Ok.

goingfor28
04-15-2018, 01:00 AM
Good job NO. Hope to see them advance. AD is a beast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

lakerfan85
04-15-2018, 01:04 AM
Terry Stotts is a horrible coach

Vinny642
04-15-2018, 01:06 AM
Stole one on the road, feels good bruh

krazylegz
04-15-2018, 03:40 AM
How New Orleans almost blew the game is beyond me. I thought the game was over with pelicans up 14 with 6 mins to go. Awful turnovers down the stretch almost came back to bite them.....this is going to be a very interesting series the rest of the way.

kdspurman
04-15-2018, 01:12 PM
Op updated with schedule/proj lineups

Vinny642
04-15-2018, 03:05 PM
How New Orleans almost blew the game is beyond me. I thought the game was over with pelicans up 14 with 6 mins to go. Awful turnovers down the stretch almost came back to bite them.....this is going to be a very interesting series the rest of the way.

Fatigue set in to our bigs.
Our guards were trying to do too much with the ball.
Their guards caught fire from 3.

valade16
04-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Fatigue set in to our bigs.
Our guards were trying to do too much with the ball.
Their guards caught fire from 3.

Lillard and CJ won't shoot that horribly all series, so it was good to see the Blazers turn it on late. The disconcerting part as a Blazer fan was that for most of the game, the Pelicans outhustled us and were more physical. The Blazers looked to be forcing shots.

This will be a series for sure.

Vinny642
04-15-2018, 05:13 PM
Lillard and CJ won't shoot that horribly all series, so it was good to see the Blazers turn it on late. The disconcerting part as a Blazer fan was that for most of the game, the Pelicans outhustled us and were more physical. The Blazers looked to be forcing shots.

This will be a series for sure.

Portland also wont get all the offensive rebounds either.

This and the Jazz series are the two best of the first round.

kyubi256
04-16-2018, 01:34 PM
Probably the most "EVEN" series IMO

goingfor28
04-17-2018, 11:35 PM
Nurkic is a large human being.

Toxeryll
04-18-2018, 12:08 AM
Portland right now reminds me of the pre2017-2018 Raptors with their ISO heavy backcourt. Painful to watch.

nastynice
04-18-2018, 12:11 AM
Damn, Pels look good. Pels and wolves are some crazy *** 6 and 8 seed.

goingfor28
04-18-2018, 12:24 AM
I feel bad for Boogie. Finally gets away from that crap Kings franchise and has to miss the playoffs.

AllBall
04-18-2018, 12:35 AM
Damn. This game is nucking futz. F the regular season. Playoffs is where it's at.

goingfor28
04-18-2018, 12:50 AM
Portland getting out hustled these past couple mins. Pels getting every loose ball, playing like they want it more.

Toxeryll
04-18-2018, 12:53 AM
New Orleans is simply the better team. Im very impressed with Holliday and Rondo, theyve outplayed Portlands allstars thus far

AllBall
04-18-2018, 12:53 AM
Pels coming into Portland and straight bullying their way out of this. Nasty.

KB24PG16
04-18-2018, 12:57 AM
the legend of jrue holiday

Vinny642
04-18-2018, 12:58 AM
Keep doubting us bruh

zn23
04-18-2018, 01:06 AM
My upset pick of round 1 looking good so far. I had Pelicans in 7, they might close it out in 6. Jrue Holiday is playing like an All-star and AD is just a beast.

JJ_JKidd
04-18-2018, 01:07 AM
Feel bad for Nurk but he is just too damn slow to make a difference out there

nastynice
04-18-2018, 01:41 AM
New Orleans is simply the better team. Im very impressed with Holliday and Rondo, theyve outplayed Portlands allstars thus far

Rondoís a savage, he was running that offense beautifully, knows how to use his weapons. heís kinda underrated

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 01:46 AM
might be worth talking about Dame's playoff struggles. What's up with that?

Vinny642
04-18-2018, 01:52 AM
Our guards are too much for Dame so he has to settle for deep *** threes, and we play so fast, we gets tired trying to keep up, McCollum too, they both been pretty bad, and Jrue abused Dame offensively too

Heediot
04-18-2018, 05:34 AM
Rondoís a savage, he was running that offense beautifully, knows how to use his weapons. heís kinda underrated

His leadership is underrated, his ability to galvanize his teammates and ability to see the floor is top notch. Fearless to boot. He doesn't need to score to be effective in subtle ways.

goingfor28
04-18-2018, 07:25 AM
Playoff Rondo is awesome. Jrue has been great all year and AD is just a beast

Vee-Rex
04-18-2018, 10:51 AM
might be worth talking about Dame's playoff struggles. What's up with that?

Bringing up Dame's struggles are blasphemous around here. Never mention it - only praise him. Let's ignore his terrible defense too.

The PG you should be criticizing for Dame's struggles is Kyrie Irving. So what if it doesn't make sense. Let's trash him no matter what.

TrueFan420
04-18-2018, 11:10 AM
I hope the blazers snag at least one or two of these games.

europagnpilgrim
04-18-2018, 11:20 AM

Rondo also do it during regular season, but its more magnified / appreciated when you see it in a boxed up 7 game format

same with Davis, he is reg season to playoffs version stud, and now since its postseason he will be appreciated more for those who put so much damn ignorant value on 7 game 'playoff' series, and act like the 82 game reg. season is a fashion show, both the same, one more much glorified over the other, both equally as important, as the Cavs are about to learn the very hard way while trying to make a 4th straight finals

ewing
04-18-2018, 11:43 AM
Bringing up Dame's struggles are blasphemous around here. Never mention it - only praise him. Let's ignore his terrible defense too.

The PG you should be criticizing for Dame's struggles is Kyrie Irving. So what if it doesn't make sense. Let's trash him no matter what.

Really, the guy seemed undervalued until this year IMO. That said his performance thus far is a big let down

valade16
04-18-2018, 12:06 PM

Kyrie's team just won their first 2 playoff games without him. Let's just say we've never seen Kyrie at a point where he didn't have so much support it bordered on ridiculous (well except for that time he and his team flat out stunk, but you can't ever bring that up when discussing Kyrie).

That being said the Blazers played terribly. Every possession was a turnover or a bad shot. There was no passing. They look defeated out there.

Vee-Rex
04-18-2018, 12:57 PM
Kyrie's team just won their first 2 playoff games without him. Let's just say we've never seen Kyrie at a point where he didn't have so much support it bordered on ridiculous (well except for that time he and his team flat out stunk, but you can't ever bring that up when discussing Kyrie).

That being said the Blazers played terribly. Every possession was a turnover or a bad shot. There was no passing. They look defeated out there.

Kyrie has received 325098234x more criticism than Lillard ever has and ever will.

Leave it up to Flash though to be the only one (besides myself in the past, but I was crucified for it) to DARE mention Lillard's struggles.

valade16
04-18-2018, 01:14 PM
Kyrie has received 325098234x more criticism than Lillard ever has and ever will.

Leave it up to Flash though to be the only one (besides myself in the past, but I was crucified for it) to DARE mention Lillard's struggles.

That's because he played next to LeBron, generally anyone who plays next to LeBron will face criticism.

Kyrie and Lillard have eerily similar stats.

GREATNESS ONE
04-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Bring out the brooms!

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 01:53 PM
That's because he played next to LeBron, generally anyone who plays next to LeBron will face criticism.

Kyrie and Lillard have eerily similar stats.

Kyrie would never get shutdown the way Lillard does. You know it. I watched a few minutes of that Portland vs Pelicans game and it doesn't seem like Lillard knows what to do at all in tough situations. Kyrie 100% thrives under that. I'm talking about the playoffs, btw. Lillard might be a better regular season stud throughout his career but the fact is, he's been absolutely terrible in the playoffs. And this is him saying he's an all-nba first team player.

kobe4thewinbang
04-18-2018, 01:58 PM
That oop to Davis, and that other dunk by davis...and Rondo swishing a corner 3. Wow...Rondo is playing well.

valade16
04-18-2018, 02:04 PM
Kyrie would never get shutdown the way Lillard does. You know it. I watched a few minutes of that Portland vs Pelicans game and it doesn't seem like Lillard knows what to do at all in tough situations. Kyrie 100% thrives under that. I'm talking about the playoffs, btw. Lillard might be a better regular season stud throughout his career but the fact is, he's been absolutely terrible in the playoffs. And this is him saying he's an all-nba first team player.

I certainly don't know that. I mean, he has done very well playing next to LeBron James in the playoffs, and his team has certainly done very well without him this year. Who knows how he'd play if he were the guy on a team and didn't have another All-NBA caliber player to help?

I'd say overall Lillard has been a disappointment in the playoffs, but he's definitely played well at times. Last year he played about as well as can be expected going against the Juggernaught Warriors, it just didn't matter.

Lillard also had an excellent series vs the Rockets (beyond simply 'the shot'), scoring 25 PPG on 49% from 3. Coincidentally the last time he had an All-NBA player as help.

Lillard isn't good enough to carry a team in the playoffs, he needs another similar level talent player (like a LMA) to take pressure off him at times. CJ McCollum is good but he ain't that good.

Maybe Kyrie would do better? I don't know because we've never seen it. I just don't think so. Kyrie isn't good enough to carry a team unless that team is supremely talented.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 04:06 PM
I certainly don't know that. I mean, he has done very well playing next to LeBron James in the playoffs, and his team has certainly done very well without him this year. Who knows how he'd play if he were the guy on a team and didn't have another All-NBA caliber player to help?

I'd say overall Lillard has been a disappointment in the playoffs, but he's definitely played well at times. Last year he played about as well as can be expected going against the Juggernaught Warriors, it just didn't matter.

Lillard also had an excellent series vs the Rockets (beyond simply 'the shot'), scoring 25 PPG on 49% from 3. Coincidentally the last time he had an All-NBA player as help.

Lillard isn't good enough to carry a team in the playoffs, he needs another similar level talent player (like a LMA) to take pressure off him at times. CJ McCollum is good but he ain't that good.

Maybe Kyrie would do better? I don't know because we've never seen it. I just don't think so. Kyrie isn't good enough to carry a team unless that team is supremely talented.

Bye.

valade16
04-18-2018, 04:12 PM
Bye.

:laugh2:

Valade16: 1
FlashBolt: 0

tredigs
04-18-2018, 04:28 PM

Huh?

Kyrie put up 24/4/5 on 49/41/89 this year without another All-NBA player. They were outstanding with him (they can still beat a poorly run Bucks squad without him, but their ceiling is clearly capped). It was the most efficient season of his career and he had the best advanced stats of his career as their clear lead option offensively (18 attempts a game... next closest averaged 11 attempts). The Cavs are now going to struggle mightily in the East without him shouldering a brunt of their offensive load. In fact they may not make it out of the 1st round.

I'm not sure this is the best time to be making this Kyrie/Lillard argument again.

valade16
04-18-2018, 04:47 PM
Huh?

Kyrie put up 24/4/5 on 49/41/89 this year without another All-NBA player. They were outstanding with him (they can still beat a poorly run Bucks squad without him, but their ceiling is clearly capped). It was the most efficient season of his career and he had the best advanced stats of his career as their clear lead option offensively (18 attempts a game... next closest averaged 11 attempts). The Cavs are now going to struggle mightily in the East without him shouldering a brunt of their offensive load. In fact they may not make it out of the 1st round.

I'm not sure this is the best time to be making this Kyrie/Lillard argument again.

Kyrie Irving did play very well for the Celtics, I'm not trying to criticize Kyrie. But the Celtics are such a stacked team they lost their prize FA and now Kyrie and they're still up 2-0 in their first round playoff series. Saying that Kyrie could lead a non-stacked team and pointing to the Celtics is a pretty laughable argument.

And yes, Kyrie had a very good year statistically, except so did Lillard. Lillard had a slight higher PER (25.2 to 25.0), WS/48 (.227 to .222), BPM (6.7 to 6.2), RPM (5.22 to 2.36), and +/- (+9.4 to +3.1).

I agree, bringing up a Kyrie/Lillard argument this year is pretty odd, because everything measurable points to Lillard having the better year. So I'm not sure why whoever brought it up, did so.

tredigs
04-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Kyrie Irving did play very well for the Celtics, I'm not trying to criticize Kyrie. But the Celtics are such a stacked team they lost their prize FA and now Kyrie and they're still up 2-0 in their first round playoff series. Saying that Kyrie could lead a non-stacked team and pointing to the Celtics is a pretty laughable argument.

And yes, Kyrie had a very good year statistically, except so did Lillard. Lillard had a slight higher PER (25.2 to 25.0), WS/48 (.227 to .222), BPM (6.7 to 6.2), RPM (5.22 to 2.36), and +/- (+9.4 to +3.1).

I agree, bringing up a Kyrie/Lillard argument this year is pretty odd, because everything measurable points to Lillard having the better year. So I'm not sure why whoever brought it up, did so.

Lillard was fantastic to close the year for sure, but his playoff struggles are becoming a trend at this point. The same definitely can't be said for Kyrie, who turns into a better version of himself come post-season (and a far better player than Lillard). Concerning the Celtics, they're an extremely well coached team with decent talent + role players who are going to fair well in the regular season without Kyrie, but again their ceiling is capped. They're playing the Bucks right now (with HCA at that), that's a series I expected them to win. The Bucks suck. They have a losing record post ASB and the only reason they're even in the playoffs is because A) they have Giannis and B) they play in the East. They're the worst team in the playoffs.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 04:59 PM
:laugh2:

Valade16: 1
FlashBolt: 0

Nope. It's just no fun going back-and-forth with someone who will drag on a conversation to death because he won't admit he's wrong. And that, quite frankly, has been the case with you. There's no point. Everyone here saw what Kyrie was able to do in the Finals against a much better defensive team and having more pressure. You guys are getting whooped by a team led by Rondo+Jrue - two players who no one even talked about all regular season.

But I'll let you "win" out of respect for my own time.

tredigs
04-18-2018, 05:02 PM
Nope. It's just no fun going back-and-forth with someone who will drag on a conversation to death because he won't admit he's wrong. And that, quite frankly, has been the case with you. There's no point. Everyone here saw what Kyrie was able to do in the Finals against a much better defensive team and having more pressure. You guys are getting whooped by a team led by Rondo+Jrue - two players who no one even talked about all regular season.

To be fair, people watching the Pels at any point the last few months have been talking about Jrue. He was a significant reason for their level of play and should get some All NBA votes (Mirotic also fit in nicely which helped a lot w/ the Cuz loss), and we're getting a nice dose of playoff Rondo right now. The Pels are probably the 5th or 6th best team in the playoffs (either conference) at this point. But yeah, if the Blazers want(ed?) any chance in this series, they were definitely going to have to dominate the guard matchup, which has gone the exact opposite.

valade16
04-18-2018, 05:05 PM
Lillard was fantastic to close the year for sure, but his playoff struggles are becoming a trend at this point. The same definitely can't be said for Kyrie, who turns into a better version of himself come post-season (and a far better player than Lillard). Concerning the Celtics, they're an extremely well coached team with decent talent + role players who are going to fair well in the regular season without Kyrie, but again their ceiling is capped. They're playing the Bucks right now (with HCA at that), that's a series I expected them to win. The Bucks suck. They have a losing record post ASB and the only reason they're even in the playoffs is because A) they have Giannis and B) they play in the East. They're the worst team in the playoffs.

I agree, Lillard's playoff struggles are becoming a trend, but it's also a trend that he is doing so with a middling team around him. Kyrie has turned into the best version of himself in the playoffs, playing on stacked teams next to LeBron James. Suffice to say, were their situations reversed, I believe their achievements would be as well.

Of course their ceiling is capped, any team that loses their best player is going to have a lower ceiling. Even if the Bucks are the worst team in the playoffs, the Celtics are still beating them without Kyrie. So are the Celtics without Kyrie a playoff team? Do you think the Blazers without Lillard are a playoff team? Or put another way, even against the Bucks, the Blazers wouldn't be up 2-0 in the playoffs if Lillard were out.

And despite all that, and being able to say that Lillard led the Blazers to nearly the same record as Kyrie the Celtics in the tougher West with an inferior supporting cast while putting up superior numbers to Kyrie, I think Lillard and Kyrie are pretty much even. You could say one is better than the other and vice versa. They are very close.

I think Kyrie's amazing handles and first step will ensure he doesn't ever play truly bad statistically as he's always capable of getting his. I just don't know how much he'd be able to elevate the entire team in the playoffs if he weren't on a stacked roster. Like last night, Lillard couldn't shoot and he turned the ball over all the time, and yet he was still able to direct the Blazers offense and his great passing out of double teams allowed Harkless, Davis and Nurkic (to start the game) to play well. He was able to positively impact the Blazers offense despite being terrible individually. It's why the other Blazers starters had terrible +/-'s (Aminu -20, Turner -16, McCollum -16) compared to Lillard (-4).

But I agree, he has struggled in the playoffs more often than not. Because he's not at that elite level where he can carry a team in the playoffs without another very strong supporting player or just a stacked team in general. He's better suited to a 1B or 2 role than being the undisputed best player on a team in terms of talent.

valade16
04-18-2018, 05:08 PM

Won't admit he's wrong? You said "here's my opinion on Kyrie/Lillard" I responded once and you said bye. Guess you got scared when asked to provide proof.

Everyone did see what Kyrie was able to do in the playoffs... with LeBron James (which was my entire point). Apparently you respect your own time so much you don't even read what people responding to you are saying.

So until such time as you start actually providing evidence for what you say, expect to have to post a lot of "byes" when people refute you with facts.

I'm glad you respect your time, because right now nobody is respecting your argument.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 05:09 PM
To be fair, people watching the Pels at any point the last few months have been talking about Jrue. He was a significant reason for their level of play and should get some All NBA votes (Mirotic also fit in nicely which helped a lot w/ the Cuz loss), and we're getting a nice dose of playoff Rondo right now. The Pels are probably the 5th or 6th best team in the playoffs (either conference) at this point. But yeah, if the Blazers want(ed?) any chance in this series, they were definitely going to have to dominate the guard matchup, which has gone the exact opposite.

Blazers won't win games if their backcourt is getting visibly and statistically outplayed by opposing backcourts. And they certainly aren't beating the Pelicans if AD is already destroying them and then you add in Jrue+Rondo outplaying those two? It's up to Lillard to step up here. CJ has been pretty good but Lillard has taken a huge step backwards. And considering he's stated, "I should be first team All-NBA", why should we not take shots at him for his gameplay?

tredigs
04-18-2018, 05:13 PM
I agree, Lillard's playoff struggles are becoming a trend, but it's also a trend that he is doing so with a middling team around him. Kyrie has turned into the best version of himself in the playoffs, playing on stacked teams next to LeBron James. Suffice to say, were their situations reversed, I believe their achievements would be as well.

Of course their ceiling is capped, any team that loses their best player is going to have a lower ceiling. Even if the Bucks are the worst team in the playoffs, the Celtics are still beating them without Kyrie. So are the Celtics without Kyrie a playoff team? Do you think the Blazers without Lillard are a playoff team? Or put another way, even against the Bucks, the Blazers wouldn't be up 2-0 in the playoffs if Lillard were out.

And despite all that, and being able to say that Lillard led the Blazers to nearly the same record as Kyrie the Celtics in the tougher West with an inferior supporting cast while putting up superior numbers to Kyrie, I think Lillard and Kyrie are pretty much even. You could say one is better than the other and vice versa. They are very close.

I think Kyrie's amazing handles and first step will ensure he doesn't ever play truly bad statistically as he's always capable of getting his. I just don't know how much he'd be able to elevate the entire team in the playoffs if he weren't on a stacked roster. Like last night, Lillard couldn't shoot and he turned the ball over all the time, and yet he was still able to direct the Blazers offense and his great passing out of double teams allowed Harkless, Davis and Nurkic (to start the game) to play well. He was able to positively impact the Blazers offense despite being terrible individually. It's why the other Blazers starters had terrible +/-'s (Aminu -20, Turner -16, McCollum -16) compared to Lillard (-4).

But I agree, he has struggled in the playoffs more often than not. Because he's not at that elite level where he can carry a team in the playoffs without another very strong supporting player or just a stacked team in general. He's better suited to a 1B or 2 role than being the undisputed best player on a team in terms of talent.
I think you're giving Lebron way too much credit for Kyrie's playoff dominance. I saw incredible defenses throw everything they could at Kyrie, and by and large he simply couldn't be stopped as a scorer. His ISO ability along with his handles and ability to score at the rim at a more efficient clip just make him a more dangerous player (again, all this only increases in the playoffs). He's just a bit better from everywhere, and the end result is a clearly better player. One of those "similar, but very clear" situations.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 05:15 PM
Won't admit he's wrong? You said "here's my opinion on Kyrie/Lillard" I responded once and you said bye. Guess you got scared when asked to provide proof.

Everyone did see what Kyrie was able to do in the playoffs... with LeBron James (which was my entire point). Apparently you respect your own time so much you don't even read what people responding to you are saying.

So until such time as you start actually providing evidence for what you say, expect to have to post a lot of "byes" when people refute you with facts.

I'm glad you respect your time, because right now nobody is respecting your argument.

1) What? I never said, "here's my opinion." I clearly said, "Kyrie would never struggle the way Lillard has." Kyrie is a better offensive player than Lillard, period.

2) Scared? Don't confuse someone who is disinterested with a topic vs someone who is a nuisance to "debate" with, with being scared. It's simply no fun. I spent so much time proving Houston was a better three point shooting team than the Warriors and your arguments were so poor that I simply felt like I should deactivate my PSD account after that.

3) Nope, the better response from me would be no response at all. I need to learn to stop quoting people who I know are not worth the effort for a response.

4) "We've seen Kyrie with LeBron." Uhm, we saw a Kyrie dominate a backcourt against Klay+Curry and was the 2nd best player in a series where he was probably ranked the fourth best. The dude steps up, period. All you want to do is cling his success with LeBron as if the guy wouldn't dominate vs Rondo+Jrue. Give me a break. Actually, no. Give me a reason to respond to you.

And don't be triggered by the fact that posters are FINALLY coming to the realization that Lillard has been underperforming for his playoffs career. He's talking about being the All-NBA 1st team player but God forbid we have a legitimate view on his playoff issues.

valade16
04-18-2018, 05:24 PM
1) What? I never said, "here's my opinion." I clearly said, "Kyrie would never struggle the way Lillard has." Kyrie is a better offensive player than Lillard, period.

2) Scared? Don't confuse someone who is disinterested with a topic vs someone who is a nuisance to "debate" with, with being scared. It's simply no fun. I spent so much time proving Houston was a better three point shooting team than the Warriors and your arguments were so poor that I simply felt like I should deactivate my PSD account after that.

3) Nope, the better response from me would be no response at all. I need to learn to stop quoting people who I know are not worth the effort for a response.

4) "We've seen Kyrie with LeBron." Uhm, we saw a Kyrie dominate a backcourt against Klay+Curry and was the 2nd best player in a series where he was probably ranked the fourth best. The dude steps up, period. All you want to do is cling his success with LeBron as if the guy wouldn't dominate vs Rondo+Jrue. Give me a break. Actually, no. Give me a reason to respond to you.

And don't be triggered by the fact that posters are FINALLY coming to the realization that Lillard has been underperforming for his playoffs career. He's talking about being the All-NBA 1st team player but God forbid we have a legitimate view on his playoff issues.

What the **** do you think an opinion is? :laugh:

I can't really take the rest seriously if your first point was "I never said here's my opinion, I just gave an opinion"

valade16
04-18-2018, 05:29 PM
I think you're giving Lebron way too much credit for Kyrie's playoff dominance. I saw incredible defenses throw everything they could at Kyrie, and by and large he simply couldn't be stopped as a scorer. His ISO ability along with his handles and ability to score at the rim at a more efficient clip just make him a more dangerous player (again, all this only increases in the playoffs). He's just a bit better from everywhere, and the end result is a clearly better player. One of those "similar, but very clear" situations.

I know, Kyrie did amazing vs the Warriors. He more than proved himself there. I agree he's a more dangerous scorer in the playoffs (and overall). I just don't know if he'd be able to have a team wide affect insomuch as he never has had that (yet) in the playoffs. He had it in the regular season this year, shame he got hurt. But again, his team is doing fine in the playoffs thus far without him.

If you want to believe he could lead a non stacked team and do better than Lillard, I got no problem with that. But it is a belief. It's not based on any actual data of him in that situation. That was my point all along.

I'd love to see what Lillard would do on the Celtics (or next to Bron). I think he'd do even better than he has while trying to lead the current Blazers in one of the deeper conferences in history.

valade16
04-18-2018, 05:33 PM

Just for ****s and giggles I actually looked up how Kyrie did vs the Pelicans this year.

He played once shooting 8/24 for 27 pts and a .499 TS% while Jrue Holiday scored 23 points on 9/16 shooting (.648 TS%) and the Celtics lost at home.

So if Kyrie could dominate Jrue, how come he didn't? LOL

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 05:39 PM

I can't really take the rest seriously if your first point was "I never said here's my opinion, I just gave an opinion"

Is Kyrie a better playoff player than Lillard? That was my argument. Kyrie is. I already said Lillard is probably the better regular season player but Kyrie in the playoffs is a different animal. So I'll ask, who has been the better playoff player? Kyrie outperforms Lillard statistically (which is apparently, all you look at), so how is it my opinion for stating what is a fact? Can you prove Lillard has been a better playoffs player?

Just for ****s and giggles I actually looked up how Kyrie did vs the Pelicans this year.

He played once shooting 8/24 for 27 pts and a .499 TS% while Jrue Holiday scored 23 points on 9/16 shooting (.648 TS%) and the Celtics lost at home.

So if Kyrie could dominate Jrue, how come he didn't? LOL

Maybe you can't read the part where I originally said, "In the playoffs." You seem to think playoffs and regular season = the same thing. It's been proven that it isn't in terms of strategy, matchup, players not caring enough about reg season, etc.,

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 05:41 PM

Yet, you bring up the regular season when I clearly said PLAYOFFS. Why do I waste my time? I don't know.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 05:44 PM
In another thread, Valade talks about people devaluing LeBron's teammates to boost LeBron. In this thread, Valade talks about people underrating LeBron's impact on teammates. This guy gives me big headaches.

valade16
04-18-2018, 05:46 PM
Is Kyrie a better playoff player than Lillard? That was my argument. Kyrie is. I already said Lillard is probably the better regular season player but Kyrie in the playoffs is a different animal. So I'll ask, who has been the better playoff player? Kyrie outperforms Lillard statistically (which is apparently, all you look at), so how is it my opinion for stating what is a fact? Can you prove Lillard has been a better playoffs player?

Maybe you can't read the part where I originally said, "In the playoffs." You seem to think playoffs and regular season = the same thing. It's been proven that it isn't in terms of strategy, matchup, players not caring enough about reg season, etc.,

Kyrie has been a better playoff performer. Again, my point is he was a better playoff performer on a team with LeBron James and other quality players. He did very well individually yes and certainly how good he did cannot be contributed solely to LeBron James, but let's not kid ourselves, being on a better team definitely helps in the playoffs (heck, just ask KD, who put up the best playoff run of his career as soon as he went to a more stacked team than OKC).

Lillard had his best series playing alongside LMA and a very talented team. Gee, it's almost as if the relative talent of the team has some effect on a player's performance. SHOCKING!

But to circle back to the bolded, no, your argument was not that Kyrie is the better playoff performer, it was:

Kyrie would never get shutdown the way Lillard does.

One is a statement on their past performance (Kyrie is a better playoff performer than Lillard), one is an opinion on future hypothetical performance (Kyrie would never get shut down the way Lillard does).

I will rephrase again: I don't think Lillard gets shutdown like this on the Cavs (or the Celtics for that matter). It's easier to focus on Lillard when the guys you have to worry about are Harkless and Nurkic as opposed to LeBron and Love (or Horford and Brown).

valade16
04-18-2018, 05:49 PM
In another thread, Valade talks about people devaluing LeBron's teammates to boost LeBron. In this thread, Valade talks about people underrating LeBron's impact on teammates. This guy gives me big headaches.

I never said anyone was underrating LeBron's impact on teammates, in fact I've said this:

I know, Kyrie did amazing vs the Warriors. He more than proved himself there. I agree he's a more dangerous scorer in the playoffs (and overall).

He did very well individually yes and certainly how good he did cannot be contributed solely to LeBron James

I bet I do give you headaches. I imagine it's because my points are above your ability to understand at this point.

valade16
04-18-2018, 05:50 PM
Yet, you bring up the regular season when I clearly said PLAYOFFS. Why do I waste my time? I don't know.

I think your time wouldn't be wasted if you actually spent it responding to what I'm saying instead of responding to points nobody is making...

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 05:50 PM

Kyrie has been a better playoff performer. Again, my point is he was a better playoff performer on a team with LeBron James and other quality players. He did very well individually yes and certainly how good he did cannot be contributed solely to LeBron James, but let's not kid ourselves, being on a better team definitely helps in the playoffs (heck, just ask KD, who put up the best playoff run of his career as soon as he went to a more stacked team than OKC).

Lillard had his best series playing alongside LMA and a very talented team. Gee, it's almost as if the relative talent of the team has some effect on a player's performance. SHOCKING!

But to circle back to the bolded, no, your argument was not that Kyrie is the better playoff performer, it was:

Kyrie would never get shutdown the way Lillard does.

One is a statement on their past performance (Kyrie is a better playoff performer than Lillard), one is an opinion on future hypothetical performance (Kyrie would never get shut down the way Lillard does).

I will rephrase again: I don't think Lillard gets shutdown like this on the Cavs (or the Celtics for that matter). It's easier to focus on Lillard when the guys you have to worry about are Harkless and Nurkic as opposed to LeBron and Love (or Horford and Brown).

Lmao. All I need for evidence is the NBA Finals where LeBron needed Kyrie just as much as Kyrie needed LeBron. Just stop it, buddy. No one here would take Lillard over Kyrie in the playoffs. If all you have to say is, "Kyrie had LeBron" then you're basically ignoring how good Kyrie is as a player in his own right. I said Kyrie would never get shutdown the way Lillard has. Facts. Kyrie doesn't get shutdown. He just has poor shooting games. The guy gets any shots he wants.

valade16
04-18-2018, 05:52 PM
Lmao. All I need for evidence is the NBA Finals where LeBron needed Kyrie just as much as Kyrie needed LeBron. Just stop it, buddy. No one here would take Lillard over Kyrie in the playoffs. If all you have to say is, "Kyrie had LeBron" then you're basically ignoring how good Kyrie is as a player in his own right. I said Kyrie would never get shutdown the way Lillard has. Facts. Kyrie doesn't get shutdown. He just has poor shooting games. The guy gets any shots he wants.

I agree with that. But if it were say Lillard in place of Kyrie then, LeBron would have needed Lillard just as much as Lillard would need LeBron there.

Again, do you really not know what an opinion is? Your second Bolded is an opinion and you then say the word Facts. :laugh2:

Flashbolt doesn't know what an opinion is. Facts.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 05:56 PM
I never said anyone was underrating LeBron's impact on teammates, in fact I've said this:

I know, Kyrie did amazing vs the Warriors. He more than proved himself there. I agree he's a more dangerous scorer in the playoffs (and overall).

He did very well individually yes and certainly how good he did cannot be contributed solely to LeBron James

I bet I do give you headaches. I imagine it's because my points are above your ability to understand at this point.

This is what I was saying. You drag on a conversation to the point where people just get bored and give up and then you say to yourself after no response from someone, "I won. I'm right." Then you bring that same "ego" to another thread and try to gather these "wins" that you cherish so much apparently. I say, "bye" as a clear acknowledgement that your stance was not worth responding to and you take it as a "win." Lmao, you are too old to be worried about winning PSD arguments. You give Kyrie credit because you are FORCED to but when comparing him to Lillard, you try and add the, "but, he played with LeBron." Yes, he played with LeBron. And he's dominated in those games. He could easily sit back and suck but he doesn't. Lillard is sucking right now and he's sucked in his entire playoffs history. Advanced and basic stats put him at a very bad spot as an "elite" player. Do you agree or disagree that Kyrie has been a better playoffs performer? Do you agree or disagree that Kyrie is a better scorer than Lillard? End of story, pal. Nothing needs to be said. If your answer is Kyrie for both questions, then stop adding the "LeBron" part. No one asked you about that.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 05:58 PM
I agree with that. But if it were say Lillard in place of Kyrie then, LeBron would have needed Lillard just as much as Lillard would need LeBron there.

Again, do you really not know what an opinion is? Your second Bolded is an opinion and you then say the word Facts. :laugh2:

Flashbolt doesn't know what an opinion is. Facts.

Facts: Kyrie in the NBA Finals Finals in both seasons vs Warriors is more impressive than anything Lillard has ever done.

Facts: Kyrie has better playoff numbers than Lillard.

Facts: Lillard is sucky in the playoffs.

Opinion: Kyrie is a better player than Lillard.

You need to understand the difference. It's not an opinion if I can factually prove Kyrie is a better playoffs player. It's an opinion if I say Kyrie is a better player than Lillard because then, only then, is that a discussion. But playoffs? No argument. Kyrie is a total animal. And you know it.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 05:59 PM
Anyways, I'm done.

I'll help you, Valade.

Valade - 1
Flashbolt - 0

Now you can go to bed. Rest easy.

valade16
04-18-2018, 06:02 PM
Facts: Kyrie in the NBA Finals Finals in both seasons vs Warriors is more impressive than anything Lillard has ever done.

Facts: Kyrie has better playoff numbers than Lillard.

Facts: Lillard is sucky in the playoffs.

Opinion: Kyrie is a better player than Lillard.

You need to understand the difference. It's not an opinion if I can factually prove Kyrie is a better playoffs player. It's an opinion if I say Kyrie is a better player than Lillard because then, only then, is that a discussion. But playoffs? No argument. Kyrie is a total animal. And you know it.

All those are facts I never disagreed with. Hell, I never even disagreed with that opinion lol

valade16
04-18-2018, 06:04 PM
This is what I was saying. You drag on a conversation to the point where people just get bored and give up and then you say to yourself after no response from someone, "I won. I'm right." Then you bring that same "ego" to another thread and try to gather these "wins" that you cherish so much apparently. I say, "bye" as a clear acknowledgement that your stance was not worth responding to and you take it as a "win." Lmao, you are too old to be worried about winning PSD arguments. You give Kyrie credit because you are FORCED to but when comparing him to Lillard, you try and add the, "but, he played with LeBron." Yes, he played with LeBron. And he's dominated in those games. He could easily sit back and suck but he doesn't. Lillard is sucking right now and he's sucked in his entire playoffs history. Advanced and basic stats put him at a very bad spot as an "elite" player. Do you agree or disagree that Kyrie has been a better playoffs performer? Do you agree or disagree that Kyrie is a better scorer than Lillard? End of story, pal. Nothing needs to be said. If your answer is Kyrie for both questions, then stop adding the "LeBron" part. No one asked you about that.

1st Bolded: I don't give Kyrie credit because I'm forced to. I give it to him Freely. I've sang his praises numerous times (including in this thread multiple times).

2nd Bolded: Lillard has not sucked "his entire playoff history". He did very well against the Rockets. He even made a series winning shot you may have heard about.

3rd Bolded: You're right **** context!

valade16
04-18-2018, 06:05 PM
Anyways, I'm done.

I'll help you, Valade.

Valade - 1
Flashbolt - 0

Now you can go to bed. Rest easy.

I forgot how pissy you get when anyone disagrees with you. Shame. Buried under that loathsome attitude is a good poster too.

Vee-Rex
04-18-2018, 07:25 PM
damn y'all i didn't mean for it to come to this. Hug it out like bros!

Saddletramp
04-18-2018, 07:43 PM
I'd likr ti see how Lilliard would fare playing beside Lebron or on that Celtics squad. Scotts is a good coach but Stevens is one of the best in the NBA. Also, the Celtics aren't signing guys like Al Farooq Aminu or Evan ****ing Turner to ridiculous contracts.

Digging this series but I doubt either teams does much against GS.

AllBall
04-18-2018, 11:05 PM
WTF is going on this thread?

Listen children, it IS possible to argue that a player is good/bad WITHOUT thrashing another player in the process.

Why this is the preferred method of debate on this forum is a mystery.

PSD, I swear, stop being such dimwits.

mrblisterdundee
04-19-2018, 07:04 PM
I'd likr ti see how Lilliard would fare playing beside Lebron or on that Celtics squad. Scotts is a good coach but Stevens is one of the best in the NBA. Also, the Celtics aren't signing guys like Al Farooq Aminu or Evan ****ing Turner to ridiculous contracts.
Digging this series but I doubt either teams does much against GS.

The Blazers have a lot of bad contracts, but Al-Farouq Aminu isn't one of them. He's the team's best defender and only makes $7.3 million a year. He just had 14 points, 15 rebounds and four of six threes in Game 2 while guarding Davis.
The Blazers are an elite wing away from being contenders. I still think it might mean trading C.J. McCollum for a bigger two-guard or forward. LeBron, George or Kawhi would be perfect fits on the Blazers, but we're not getting any of them in free agency.
If Kyrie's injury lingers, I wonder if Boston would be open to a trade around McCollum and Hayward. Tatum and Brown are making Hayward seem less crucial. Portland could take a chance on him recovering and being the elite wing they've been missing.

Scoots
04-19-2018, 09:48 PM
Is it just me or is Portland playing scared?

ewing
04-19-2018, 09:53 PM

Is it just me or is playoff Rando a real thing? He is shutting down and all NBA player and playing a great floor game every night.

tredigs
04-19-2018, 09:56 PM
Pels looking like they're on their way to the sweeep.

valade16
04-19-2018, 10:09 PM

Pels looking like they're on their way to the sweeep.

We ****ing suck. The worst part is there's like no desire. The entire team looks shook.

goingfor28
04-19-2018, 10:30 PM
Stupid NBATV games. All playoff games should be on regular TV.

valade16
04-19-2018, 10:33 PM

This isn't a game though, it's a Pelicans scrimmage.

Vinny642
04-19-2018, 10:36 PM
Portland came out good outta the half, only to give up again...?

They dont have the energy to play with our pace.

FlashBolt
04-19-2018, 10:36 PM
damian Lillard will never be regarded as one of the top TOP PG's playing like this in the playoffs.. then people wonder why he gets no respect. This is why

FlashBolt
04-19-2018, 10:38 PM
jrue is locking up Dame.. Like I said.. three games in a row where Damian gets outplayed.

Scoots
04-19-2018, 10:48 PM

Very few games are on "Regular TV" ... ESPN, TNT, and TBS are not regular TV. Of the possible 56 first round games ABC shows a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 games in the first round, and the 4 possible ones are only if 4 of the series go to game 7.

One Nut Kruk
04-19-2018, 10:52 PM
damian Lillard will never be regarded as one of the top TOP PG's playing like this in the playoffs.. then people wonder why he gets no respect. This is why

Heís been absolutely pathetic.

The team as a whole looks like theyíre trying to throw the game. Canít count how many times Iíve said to myself ďwhat in the **** are they doing?Ē

dhopisthename
04-19-2018, 10:53 PM
wow Portland is about to be down 3-0. never saw this coming.

Scoots
04-19-2018, 10:56 PM
jrue is locking up Dame.. Like I said.. three games in a row where Damian gets outplayed.

Jrue is one of the few who can really make Curry struggle by himself.

FlashBolt
04-19-2018, 10:58 PM
damian lillard going to stink the playoffs then come back in the regular season talking about he deserves to get more attention.. well you got your attention now.. outplayed by Jrue holiday. It ain't dame time this holiday..

valade16
04-19-2018, 11:02 PM
damian lillard going to stink the playoffs then come back in the regular season talking about he deserves to get more attention.. well you got your attention now.. outplayed by Jrue holiday. It ain't dame time this holiday..

Itís Lillard time not Dame time. But that was clever.

Vinny642
04-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Keep doubting bruh

Vinny642
04-19-2018, 11:04 PM
Itís Lillard time not Dame time. But that was clever.

Its neither this series tho lmao

goingfor28
04-19-2018, 11:06 PM
This isn't a game though, it's a Pelicans scrimmage.I'd much rather watch the Pels blow out the Blazers than watching GS play.

valade16
04-19-2018, 11:07 PM
Its neither this series tho lmao

Itís ADís time this series.

goingfor28
04-19-2018, 11:09 PM
Very few games are on "Regular TV" ... ESPN, TNT, and TBS are not regular TV. Of the possible 56 first round games ABC shows a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 games in the first round, and the 4 possible ones are only if 4 of the series go to game 7.Espn and tnt are part of any regular cable package. I don't even have basic - I get mlb and nfl network, mid tier directv package - but for whatever reason NBA is not a part of that.

nastynice
04-19-2018, 11:10 PM
We ****ing suck. The worst part is there's like no desire. The entire team looks shook.

Caught off guard. Things were on the up and up heading into the playoffs, but itís the west, pelicans who could beat and probably favored over anyone in the east is a 6 seed in the west. They got a bad matchup, look deflated

Hellcrooner
04-19-2018, 11:14 PM
wow Portland is about to be down 3-0. never saw this coming.
told you you needed to trade for Mirotic.

Imangine rubio+DM+MIro+gobert.

zn23
04-19-2018, 11:20 PM
The Pelicans just have way more firepower. Mirotic goes off for 30, AD 28, Holiday and Rondo have nice games.

Portland needs a solid 3rd option. Right now, only two guys on that team can really put up points. Nurk is more of a PnR threat, can fight for loose rebounds but he's not going to be able to match Mirotic's output on the other end. The problem with them is that FA splurge in 2016 is now showing up. They gave Crabbe a lot of money (now longer on the team), they gave Evan Turner a lot of money and he's been really ineffective.

Vinny642
04-19-2018, 11:27 PM
Our bench outside of Clark and Hill is pretty bad tho lol

nastynice
04-19-2018, 11:28 PM
The Pelicans just have way more firepower. Mirotic goes off for 30, AD 28, Holiday and Rondo have nice games.

Portland needs a solid 3rd option. Right now, only two guys on that team can really put up points. Nurk is more of a PnR threat, can fight for loose rebounds but he's not going to be able to match Mirotic's output on the other end. The problem with them is that FA splurge in 2016 is now showing up. They gave Crabbe a lot of money (now longer on the team), they gave Evan Turner a lot of money and he's been really ineffective.

The splurge was bad, I think it showed up from day 1 but Lillard and movcullum been carrying them hella nice. But this the playoffs and rondo is a champion (who clearly plays like one), look at their rosters, tall order for Portland

Vinny642
04-19-2018, 11:29 PM
Rondo looks unpleasant to talk to

zn23
04-19-2018, 11:36 PM
The splurge was bad, I think it showed up from day 1 but Lillard and movcullum been carrying them hella nice. But this the playoffs and rondo is a champion (who clearly plays like one), look at their rosters, tall order for Portland

That's the problem when you don't have analytical guys running the show. An analytical guy would never give someone like Evan Turner $18M/ year. Or Given Allen Crabbe 18M/year.

I'm looking at some of these salaries on the Blazers and it's embarrassing. They're paying Meyers Leonard (who plays 7 minutes a game) $10M/year. Mo Harkless $10M/ year.

If I was running a team, the first thing I'd do is getting someone who knows about analytics to be the GM.

Vinny642
04-19-2018, 11:44 PM
Rotoworld's most recent story from the three major sport leagues are all my favorite team and all good news.

MLB Matt Wisler dominating the Mets

NFL Earl Thomas wont hold out

NBA Davis' statline

Good day in sports

NYKnickFanatic
04-19-2018, 11:52 PM
Our bench outside of Clark and Hill is pretty bad tho lol

Crawford looks so reckless lol.

Vinny642
04-19-2018, 11:55 PM
Crawford looks so reckless lol.

LMAO bruh, dude thought he was Kobe after the first 3 he made.

hallzi43
04-20-2018, 12:31 AM
This series makes me so sad. It was supposed to the best one of the bunch.

More-Than-Most
04-20-2018, 12:34 AM

i honestly didnt think it would be... AD is on another level before this series... I thought the thunder series would be close because utah is and has been a very good team even after losing hayward because of the defense around the entire team... I figured the rockets would lose a few games to the wolves so i was wrong there... I thought the spurs would get swept... i thought the pelicans would win in 5 and the thunder would win in 7

valade16
04-20-2018, 12:41 AM
Anthony Davis is starting to solidify his spot in the elite players of the league. LeBron, KD, Curry, Harden, Kawhi, AD. Giannis could get there next year (though he needs to develop a greater effect on the overall game and not just his own numbers).

hallzi43
04-20-2018, 12:42 AM
We all knew AD was on another level. We even knew Miroctic can play as well as he did tonight. But its been Jrue and Rondo making them pretty much unstoppable.

hallzi43
04-20-2018, 12:46 AM
Anthony Davis is starting to solidify his spot in the elite players of the league. LeBron, KD, Curry, Harden, Kawhi, AD. Giannis could get there next year (though he needs to develop a greater effect on the overall game and not just his own numbers).

Giannis needs a Rondo/Rubio in his life to run the point and give him the easy baskets sometimes. He is forced to be Ben Simmons and Lebron James but he isnt the passer to make anyone around him better doing so.

FlashBolt
04-20-2018, 01:01 AM
i honestly didnt think it would be... AD is on another level before this series... I thought the thunder series would be close because utah is and has been a very good team even after losing hayward because of the defense around the entire team... I figured the rockets would lose a few games to the wolves so i was wrong there... I thought the spurs would get swept... i thought the pelicans would win in 5 and the thunder would win in 7

i told you ad was better than embiid lol..

dhopisthename
04-20-2018, 02:13 AM
told you you needed to trade for Mirotic.

Imangine rubio+DM+MIro+gobert.

he would still be on the bench behind favors.

Silent
04-20-2018, 05:08 AM
This is easy Portland is just Been out coached and out played

goingfor28
04-20-2018, 07:55 AM
Just saw this pic on Twitter lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180420/937ec794b1886ba5f856aca171fdfa31.jpg

Heediot
04-20-2018, 09:03 AM

Yeah. I am one of the biggest AD critics, but his game translates to the playoffs. I think he has a case for top 5. Not everyone is perfect physically and mentally in this game, so I'll lay off of him.

Vee-Rex
04-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Blazers in 5.

Lillard and McCollum have both done this rodeo. They're used to the playoffs and intense games. I think they overwhelm the Pelicans. They go up 2-0, lose game 3, then win the next 2. Too strong in the Moda.

Vinny (and any other Pelicans fans) feel free to serve my crow ANY WAY you want. I'll devour it like it's my last meal.

I was sooooo wrong. :laugh2:

valade16
04-20-2018, 01:14 PM
Vinny (and any other Pelicans fans) feel free to serve my crow ANY WAY you want. I'll devour it like it's my last meal.

I was sooooo wrong. :laugh2:

I was actually a little nervous going into the series (here was my post):

While I hope Portland will win, and I think we should. NO has actually played better without Boogie, they've pushed the pace more and gotten other players involved more, they've settled into a better rhythm. This is not a gimme series by any stretch.

But I still thought the Blazers would win, and I certainly didn't think they'd get their ***es handed to them.

krazylegz
04-20-2018, 01:33 PM
not sure if i voted,but i had blazers in 5...wow was i off

ewing
04-20-2018, 02:05 PM

Not looking good on my end either. Kudos Pels

Vinny642
04-21-2018, 04:36 PM

It has been..... FOR ME

Vee-Rex
04-21-2018, 05:27 PM
Maaaaaan, watching Rondo and Jrue run that break and put the clamps down on CJ and Lillard. These boys ain't playing. They're gonna fight the Warriors and won't be a push-over.

Vinny642
04-21-2018, 05:35 PM
Davis tho

Vinny642
04-21-2018, 05:48 PM
Jrue putting people on skates

Vinny642
04-21-2018, 05:55 PM
LMAO Davis stays posterizing people on alley oops

Vinny642
04-21-2018, 06:09 PM
Clear as day Flag 1

Saddletramp
04-21-2018, 06:09 PM
The Blazers have a lot of bad contracts, but Al-Farouq Aminu isn't one of them. He's the team's best defender and only makes $7.3 million a year. He just had 14 points, 15 rebounds and four of six threes in Game 2 while guarding Davis.
The Blazers are an elite wing away from being contenders. I still think it might mean trading C.J. McCollum for a bigger two-guard or forward. LeBron, George or Kawhi would be perfect fits on the Blazers, but we're not getting any of them in free agency.
If Kyrie's injury lingers, I wonder if Boston would be open to a trade around McCollum and Hayward. Tatum and Brown are making Hayward seem less crucial. Portland could take a chance on him recovering and being the elite wing they've been missing.

Yeah, I was second song myself even as I wrote it but the Blazers can't seem to land a big FA (small market and all) and they have to overpay some of the guys they do get.

I kinda feel bad for them but Lilliard has to back up with mouth with his play. Oh, and I still remember the series winning shot. <headshakeemoji>

Vinny642
04-21-2018, 06:54 PM
KEEP DOUBTING US THOOOO

this is just not fair

Scoots
04-21-2018, 07:22 PM
I was supportive of the Pels but I didn't think they could keep their play high for enough games in a 7 game series. I still hope the Blazers fight back for at least a win in this game.

WaDe03
04-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Holiday is ****ing cold. Just proved he's elite

dhopisthename
04-21-2018, 07:55 PM
wow a sweep. Never saw this coming.

Vinny642
04-21-2018, 07:59 PM
Making the playoffs was a win for us, sweeping the first round was icing on the cake.

Im not expecting too much against GSW, depends on Curry's health. But It has been a helluva year.

zn23
04-21-2018, 08:51 PM
Shocker of the first round. Not so much that the Pelicans won, but it's the fact that they dominated the Blazers and swept them. This was definitely Jrue Holiday's coming out party. I've never been a big fan of his game and felt he was overpaid. But he really showed up this series.

dhopisthename
04-21-2018, 08:53 PM
I wonder how many six seeds have swept 3rd seeds. I bet its a very rare occurance.

goingfor28
04-21-2018, 09:06 PM
I wonder how many six seeds have swept 3rd seeds. I bet its a very rare occurance.New Orleans became the first No. 6 seed (or lower) to sweep its first-round series since the NBA switched from its best-of-five format in 2003.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/539641002

ewing
04-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Will be interesting to see how the Warrior game plan for AD. Thats one talented dude, on major role, with something to prove

Scoots
04-21-2018, 10:21 PM
Will be interesting to see how the Warrior game plan for AD. Thats one talented dude, on major role, with something to prove

They'll double him early from opposite the ball side on the pass is my guess, then adjust from there. They'll be digging and swiping at the ball as often as possible. My guess is they'll try to deny Mirotic and defend Jrue with whoever is switched on to him as they get into their offense, and they'll dare Rondo and Moore to beat them.

goingfor28
04-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Will be interesting to see how the Warrior game plan for AD. Thats one talented dude, on major role, with something to proveThey'll probably decide it's time to unleash Zaza

Bruno
04-21-2018, 10:36 PM
Holiday is all nba defensive material or Lillards all-star and all nba team snubs in years past feel more justified?

Would love to see Davis average 40 against GS

Scoots
04-21-2018, 10:58 PM
They'll probably decide it's time to unleash Zaza

Good point! Go Zaza! Kill! Eat! Of course there aren't any players on the Pels he can keep up with so until AD gets injured it will be a terrible plan.

Scoots
04-21-2018, 10:58 PM
Holiday is all nba defensive material or Lillards all-star and all nba team snubs in years past feel more justified?

Would love to see Davis average 40 against GS

I think the Blazers shooting was worse than the defense was good, but Jrue has always been capable of elite defense, he just hasn't managed it because of focus or health.

kobe4thewinbang
04-21-2018, 11:00 PM
Two-trick pony, the Portland Trailblazers. Fluke run that nobody saw coming, and reality wall just came back.

Coach on the hot seat now...

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/04/terry-stotts-job-in-jeopardy.html

Kudos to the Pelicans! Their pace is amazing, and #playoffRondo has been stellar. Mirotic, though, wow! And Jrue Holiday is free to unlock his whole game not having to dribble all game. Rondo be swishing 3's left and right, too.

warfelg
04-22-2018, 09:06 AM
Hot take factory:

CJ McCollum will not be on the Trailblazers next year.

Heediot
04-22-2018, 09:17 AM
Hot take factory:

CJ McCollum will not be on the Trailblazers next year.

Sixers for Saric and Salary filler?

warfelg
04-22-2018, 09:39 AM
Sixers for Saric and Salary filler?

No. Not really a great fit for us.

Heediot
04-22-2018, 09:42 AM
No. Not really a great fit for us.

After looking at CJs salary. Sixers would need to add a lot of Salary. Bayless would add 9 million but they'd need roughly another 8-10 million. Amir & JJ will be ufa's so it's iffy there and you don't want to give up Fultz or Simmons. Embiid's salary spikes but he's also untouchable basically.

warfelg
04-22-2018, 09:48 AM
After looking at CJs salary. Sixers would need to add a lot of Salary. Bayless would add 9 million but they'd need roughly another 8-10 million. Amir & JJ will be ufa's so it's iffy there and you don't want to give up Fultz or Simmons. Embiid's salary spikes but he's also untouchable basically.

He's not a fit. Simmons is the primary ball handler, Fultz needs minutes....he's just not a great fit for us.

Portland needs to find a way to trade him for a 3/4 or heck even a 5 and maybe a pick. Find a team looking for a PG. Lillard and CJ don't work well IMO because both are the same player.

Like I know there aren't many Grizz fans around but they should try to move Connley, and the Grizz and Blazers should be talking a McCollum-Gasol swap.

mightybosstone
04-24-2018, 03:56 AM
Looking at how awful Lillard was in this series, this has got to seriously hurt his legacy as a clutch player. This was one of the single worst series I've ever seen a superstar player have.

Vee-Rex
04-24-2018, 11:00 AM
Looking at how awful Lillard was in this series, this has got to seriously hurt his legacy as a clutch player. This was one of the single worst series I've ever seen a superstar player have.

Yep. He stunk. REEEEEALLY badly.

People will forget about it though (they mostly already have).

TrueFan420
04-25-2018, 12:56 AM
Dame isn't a superstar. That term is used to loosely. He's an all star. He played like ****. People will forget if he comes back and makes it right next year, plus he's still young. If next year he repeats this type of performance than yea it will kill the clutch comments on him.

valade16
04-25-2018, 08:54 AM

There's an obvious explanation: he's not a superstar player. He isn't a top tier player who can lead a team in the playoffs.

Consider the main reason he may get an All-NBA 1st Team selection is because of how many other better players simply didn't play enough to merit serious consideration (Curry, CP3, Kawhi).

ewing
04-25-2018, 09:26 AM
There's an obvious explanation: he's not a superstar player. He isn't a top tier player who can lead a team in the playoffs.

Consider the main reason he may get an All-NBA 1st Team selection is because of how many other better players simply didn't play enough to merit serious consideration (Curry, CP3, Kawhi).

I admit I didnít watch every minute of this series but I saw enough to see him get decent looks. When jump shooters miss clean jump shots that is on them. Injury, choke, personal issue idk but he didnít miss good looks bc he was asked to do to much

valade16
04-25-2018, 10:28 AM
I admit I didnít watch every minute of this series but I saw enough to see him get decent looks. When jump shooters miss clean jump shots that is on them. Injury, choke, personal issue idk but he didnít miss good looks bc he was asked to do to much

I saw a lot of doubles on Lillard and he actually did a decent job of passing out of them. But he definitely got a lot of defensive attention. I think the frustration of being so focused on (and Jrue simply playing excellent defense) affected him.

The Blazers are among the least passing teams in the league, they resort to a lot of Lillard and McCollum ISO (or a Lillard/Nurk PNR), and when they're getting bottled up, not much going.

Chronz

Jrue and co were in his grill so much it's hard to find a rhythm. If he a pressure release instead of another co creator he would be better. Like if he had his own Draymond who could crush the traps, he'd be fine. This is the defacto defense against perimeter stars. Clips did it to curry. Curry is such a marksman and a much smarter passer that he still crushed us, but we managed to contain his usage immensely, won us the series. Lillard is no curry so he struggled mightily, far more than i expected and he gets to shoulder that blame but he is on a flawed squad. If he got to play off another star and got to iso more often, he'd look better.

Chronz
Sixers don't need to match salary