PDA

View Full Version : ECQF: [3] Philadelphia 76ers vs. Miami Heat [6] | Sixers win 4-1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 12:32 PM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/33xtw7c.jpgVS.http://i67.tinypic.com/34q1wjk.jpg

All games in EST

Game 1 in Philadelphia: 76ers 130, Heat 103

Game 2 in Philadelphia: Monday, April 16, 8 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 3 in Miami: Thursday, April 19, 7 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 4 in Miami: Saturday, April 21, 2:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 5 in Philadelphia: TBD (if necessary)

Game 6 in Miami: TBD (if necessary)

Game 7 in Philadelphia: TBD (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i64.tinypic.com/30bky13.gif

C: Hassan Whiteside
PF: James Johnson
SF: Josh Richardson
SG: Tyler Johnson
PG: Goran Dragic

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i65.tinypic.com/jztsgx.gif

C: Joel Embiid
PF: Robert Covington
SF: Dario Saric
SG: Ben Simmons
PG: JJ Redick

American Airlines Arena, Miami

http://www.psam.uk.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/1200px-American_Airlines_Arena_Miami_FL_jjron_29.03.2012-456x300.jpg

Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia

http://img.mp.sohu.com/upload/20170731/22dd0711678e4bdcaf8da6cf2f542030_th.png

WaDe03
04-12-2018, 12:45 PM
Vee-Rex is putting PSD on his ****ing back while the mods are on cruise control! Someone promote this man to mod and give him a $50,000 salary.

sixer04fan
04-12-2018, 12:48 PM
The “HEAT”? More like the “room temperature” embodiment of mediocrity! Am I right?!

I’ll see myself out.

TrueFan420
04-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Shots fired

WaDe03
04-12-2018, 12:57 PM
The “HEAT”? More like the “room temperature” embodiment of mediocrity! Am I right?!

I’ll see myself out.

Go back to bed!!!

ewing
04-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Sixers in 5 or 6. I really don't what is going to happen this year though

sixer04fan
04-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Go back to bed!!!

It’s ok. Take some time to lick your wounds. I just had to draw first blood with that scorching line of amazing trash talk fire.

AllBall
04-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Heat in 6

TheDish87
04-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Sixers are the hottest team in the league, one of the best teams in the league in fact. Fully expect to win this series as the much superior team here, i think we take it in 6 unless Embiid ends up playing game 1 it might be less. We have serious depth, shooting, vet leadership and now Fultz is rounding into form. watch out.

Heediot
04-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Sixers in 5 if Embiid plays the whole series.

sixer04fan
04-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Sixers are the hottest team in the league, one of the best teams in the league in fact. Fully expect to win this series as the much superior team here, i think we take it in 6 unless Embiid ends up playing game 1 it might be less. We have serious depth, shooting, vet leadership and now Fultz is rounding into form. watch out.

I think we can easily overwhelm them by running, passing and shooting them out of the gym. Same way the Warriors and Rockets do to teams. That’s how we’re playing now. Redick, Saric, Covington, Ilyasova, Belinelli... Our shooting barrage just comes at you wave after wave. No one has been able to stop it for a full game ever since we figured out our rhythm. Hence the 16 straight wins. And I haven’t even mentioned our superstars and the emergence of Fultz.

Sixers in 5 or 6.

archdevil84
04-12-2018, 01:55 PM
heat in 6. Sixers steal a game because jj redick scores 50 on 11/12 3P shooting, but simmons is completely gonna fold and be useless all series long. Wade gonna turn back the clock once again and avg 25 PPG carrying the heat hard

HandsOnTheWheel
04-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Heat in 7

sixer04fan
04-12-2018, 02:00 PM
heat in 6. Sixers steal a game because jj redick scores 50 on 11/12 3P shooting, but simmons is completely gonna fold and be useless all series long. Wade gonna turn back the clock once again and avg 25 PPG carrying the heat hard

Lol. Nice one

WaDe03
04-12-2018, 02:01 PM

Sixers have the best player but the Heat have the most dangerous.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-12-2018, 02:03 PM
Sixers are hot right now, but I like the way Miami matches up with them defensively. Easily one of the better 1st round match-ups in either conference

LeonFSU
04-12-2018, 02:16 PM
I think this is the only series in the East that's uncertain. If Embiid is out for game 1, which looks likely, I'll say the Heat in 6.

COOLbeans
04-12-2018, 02:35 PM
I think we can easily overwhelm them by running, passing and shooting them out of the gym. Same way the Warriors and Rockets do to teams. That’s how we’re playing now. Redick, Saric, Covington, Ilyasova, Belinelli... Our shooting barrage just comes at you wave after wave. No one has been able to stop it for a full game ever since we figured out our rhythm. Hence the 16 straight wins. And I haven’t even mentioned our superstars and the emergence of Fultz.

Sixers in 5 or 6.

Sixers look like legit contenders. I’d like to see if their regular season translates to playoff Bb but if it does then I think the east is on notice and so should GS and Houston

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Yeah, if Embiid is out, I think this series will be very close or a beatdown. Miami is just the more experienced veteran team. They know how Ben Simmons plays (because they had LeBron). Spoelstra is not a bad coach at all. He should figure it out. I'll make my decision after game 1.

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 02:47 PM

Sixers in 5 or 6.

Well, that was the easiest stretch of 16 games by an NBA team due to scheduling. It could be a good/bad thing here.

WaDe03
04-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Playoff experience is being very underrated here.

COOLbeans
04-12-2018, 03:00 PM

The sixers have nothing to lose, a tremendous amount of confidence, knockdown shooters and a super stud in Embiid. I truly believe this team can challenge anyone, but I do agree with your statement

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 03:40 PM
I think this goes 7. People are underestimating the Heat and Spo. I think they make the Sixers to have a LOT of turnovers.

I picked the Sixers because they'll have HCA, but I wouldn't rule out them losing a game 7 due to inexperience and lots of mistakes.

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 03:40 PM

It most certainly is.

Regular season is over. The playoffs is where the truth comes out.

sixer04fan
04-12-2018, 03:59 PM
I think this goes 7. People are underestimating the Heat and Spo. I think they make the Sixers to have a LOT of turnovers.

I picked the Sixers because they'll have HCA, but I wouldn't rule out them losing a game 7 due to inexperience and lots of mistakes.

All joking/fun trash talking aside. You hit on the most important point. Turnovers is the singular stat to focus on for the Sixers. You can honestly probably throw all the other pros/cons, matchups, stats etc. out the window. It’s going to come down to turnovers.

If we take care of the ball, we are extremely hard to beat. If we don’t take care of the ball, it’s anyone’s game.

TheDish87
04-12-2018, 04:05 PM

Brett Brown Illyasova, Bellinelli, Amir Johnson, Reddick all have playoff experience. Simmons and Embiid talent will trump that experience with their talent. Lets not pretend like these heat players have ever done anything serious in the playoffs outside of Wade.

WaDe03
04-12-2018, 04:12 PM
Brett Brown Illyasova, Bellinelli, Amir Johnson, Reddick all have playoff experience. Simmons and Embiid talent will trump that experience with their talent. Lets not pretend like these heat players have ever done anything serious in the playoffs outside of Wade.

Well if we're talking about doing something serious in the playoffs then yea, Wade and UD are the only ones but a lot of them have postseason experience. Majority of the team does actually outside of Bam. You're going to see a lot of new schemes and there's going to be a lot of game planning going on that could really hurt Simmons who can't shoot and Fultz is pretty much being thrown straight into the fire. You have a few guys with experience but hay doesn't do much for Simmons, Embiid, Fultz, Covington, TJ, Anderson, Holmes, etc.

TheDish87
04-12-2018, 04:31 PM
its not like Simmons and Embiid and the rest are gonna magically forgot how to play ball. I dont care how many teams have more experience thats doesnt mean they can all of the sudden stop Embiid bcuz he hasnt been here before. Even without the big guy we open as 6.5 faves thats pretty telling if you ask me.

aman_13
04-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Watch out for Ellington.

sixer04fan
04-12-2018, 04:39 PM
its not like Simmons and Embiid and the rest are gonna magically forgot how to play ball. I dont care how many teams have more experience thats doesnt mean they can all of the sudden stop Embiid bcuz he hasnt been here before. Even without the big guy we open as 6.5 faves thats pretty telling if you ask me.

Hey man. When the Sixers are up 25 in the 3rd quarter on Saturday, the crowd is rocking, the Sixers’ 3PT barrage onslaught has no end in sight, and the Heat players are looking at each other helplessly, confused and gasping for breath as the Sixers run laps around them like a light morning practice...

Heat fans can maintain confidence because Goran Dragic and James Johnson are savvy experienced vets who have “been there” before. And they can cling their hopes on old man Wade dialing back the clock six years because he’s a proven champion and “knows what it takes.” They’ll show us!

WaDe03
04-12-2018, 04:42 PM

It's fine for you to not understand, you haven't been in the playoffs for awhile so you may have forgot the differences but things slow down, schemes are much more in depth, and guys either fold or flourish under the pressure. You all may have the best player but Whiteside dominated him last game so I'll be interested to see how that goes. If playoff Wade returns this year you all have no one that can battle him down the stretch of a close game as he showed the last time they played. Playoffs are a lot different

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 04:42 PM

Pressure is a killer. Dudes be getting sweaty just thinking of that playoff spotlight.

Sometimes it has less to do with what opposing teams can do and more to do with your own players.

Maybe Simmons plays near the level he has in the regular season. Embiid seems like the type that wouldn't rattle easy. What about Covington? What about Belinelli (who has been ridiculously lights out to end the season), and Redick who has also been lights out? Redick has a TERRIBLE playoff career so far. He bricks shots left and right.

Maybe that changes for Philly and you guys ride that momentum to the finals. Or maybe guys succumb to it - hard to say. But don't underestimate just how different the playoffs are and what kind of effect it can have on your players.

WaDe03
04-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Hey man. When the Sixers are up 25 in the 3rd quarter on Saturday, the crowd is rocking, the Sixers’ 3PT barrage onslaught has no end in sight, and the Heat players are looking at each other helplessly, confused and gasping for breath as the Sixers run laps around them like a light morning practice...

Heat fans can maintain confidence because Goran Dragic and James Johnson are savvy experienced vets who have “been there” before. And they can cling their hopes on old man Wade dialing back the clock six years because he’s a proven champion and “knows what it takes.” They’ll show us!

Oh man, you guys are cocky as hell for a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in a long time. Wade already busted that *** this year, he'll do it again. If you're up 25 in the 3rd then good for you, in the end it'll be 1 loss. I watch a Heat vs Hawks series back in 08-09 where the Heat would win by 20 then the Hawks would win the next one by 20. Adjustments and schemes are on a whole new level in the playoffs. Simmons is going to struggle with no jumpshot and someone like James Johnson guarding him.

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Usually the biggest gripe from fans of teams that lose in the playoffs is:

"man we missed so many wide open shots"

You can look up and down playoff game threads and see that.

"man we missed so many wide open shots, and had more turnovers than normal"

Over and over. It's crazy, heh. Playoff pressure is real.

Philly is the #1 team I'm curious about in these playoffs, and I only hope Embiid returns healthy soon. Their ceiling is very high. IMO, they will get better and better and if they're in the ECF, WATCH OUT. They'll likely be a contender.

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Oh! And the foul calls... refs swallow that whistle more. That's why a team like Miami who plays rough with grit could make it difficult.

This will be a fun series to watch.

sixer04fan
04-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Oh man, you guys are cocky as hell for a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in a long time. Wade already busted that *** this year, he'll do it again. If you're up 25 in the 3rd then good for you, in the end it'll be 1 loss. I watch a Heat vs Hawks series back in 08-09 where the Heat would win by 20 then the Hawks would win the next one by 20. Adjustments and schemes are on a whole new level in the playoffs. Simmons is going to struggle with no jumpshot and someone like James Johnson guarding him.

Haha. I’m just busting some chops today. That’s all. Excited for this series!

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Haha. I’m just busting some chops today. That’s all. Excited for this series!

Bust his chops!

Sixers will sweep Miami so bad this year that Wade will forego retirement to join LeBron in Philly next year! And Wade03 will create a new account called PhillyWade03.

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Haha, playoffs experience matters... There are probably less than a handful amount of NBA superstars who play better in the playoffs vs regular season. And we're talking about short sample sizes vs teams that could be great matchups for them. Playoffs is just a different subject. Everyone starts off 0-0 and teams can start prepping for that ONE particular player or team instead of worrying about back-to-backs, etc., There's just more strategy involved. I think Sixers will do well but it's impossible to evaluate a young team heading to the playoffs for the first time.

WaDe03
04-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Bust his chops!

Sixers will sweep Miami so bad this year that Wade will forego retirement to join LeBron in Philly next year! And Wade03 will create a new account called PhillyWade03.

Haha that would be a fun *** team to watch!

More-Than-Most
04-12-2018, 06:39 PM
I think we will win in 7... i worry about once our shooting goes cold like it has and the transition from this run and gun style to bringing embiid back the 2nd game..... the heat play great defense and they have damn good players... I hate wade and think he is washed but playoff wade is a thing lol.

tredigs
04-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Sixers seem like everyone's favorite team to get upset. The Heat are the playoff team I watch the least so I might be missing something, but I like Philly

More-Than-Most
04-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Sixers seem like everyone's favorite team to get upset. The Heat are the playoff team I watch the least so I might be missing something, but I like Philly

Its mostly the lack of exp from simmons/fultz

The heats defense

Embiid missing the first game and then him coming back the 2nd game and messing with the current flow

Simmons free throw shooting.. I think that will be a major major issue in the playoffs late in games.

I think we win but its going to be a long series.

AllBall
04-12-2018, 09:17 PM

Dragic is great because he's consistent and Wade will have a game here and there, that's a given. Whiteside has been known to check out, but he seems to get up for the Sixers because his back and forth with Embiid. What I'm actually more interested in seeing is what Richardson and Adebayo will do, as well as Winslow who seems to be turning a corner of sorts since Wade's arrival (finally, I'm one of Winslow's biggest critics).

The playoffs are slower and because it's a series it's really about adjustments from game to game. I have confidence in the coaching staff for that.

warfelg
04-12-2018, 09:34 PM
My dad always had this thing about playoffs and pressure situations with young guys:

Sometimes they are too young and stupid to understand what the pressure on them is.

I personally buy into that a little bit. I also think that the Sixers are 'playing with house money' so to speak. Outside the fandom (and team), most thought a 41-41 year would be great. We won 52. Outside the fandom (and team), most thought pushing for the 8 seed would be great. We got the 3.

I think in a way they got past what the expectations were, so at this point they don't feel the pressure because they got past what people thought was going to be the peak.

tredigs
04-12-2018, 09:43 PM
My dad always had this thing about playoffs and pressure situations with young guys:

Sometimes they are too young and stupid to understand what the pressure on them is.

I personally buy into that a little bit. I also think that the Sixers are 'playing with house money' so to speak. Outside the fandom (and team), most thought a 41-41 year would be great. We won 52. Outside the fandom (and team), most thought pushing for the 8 seed would be great. We got the 3.

I think in a way they got past what the expectations were, so at this point they don't feel the pressure because they got past what people thought was going to be the peak.

To be fair, I think a lot of expectations for them were rightfully bearish due to our skepticism of them staying healthy. Personally, I thought they would fight for HCA if healthy. I think if people knew they would get an average of 75 games played between Embiid/Simmons/Cov/Redick/Saric (all the starters), 45+ would be expected. At this point, we'll see how hungry they are, and how smart they execute down the stretch. Simmons + Fultz struggles at the line will play a factor and they'll probably lose a big game or two because of it, but they have the most talent in the East currently. They should not take this opportunity of a crippled Boston squad for granted, because they will be a force going forward.

zn23
04-12-2018, 10:37 PM
The Heat are awful offensively, have a hard time hitting 3s and will have a hard time keeping up with the Sixers.
Overall a bad team.

Sixers in 5.

AllBall
04-12-2018, 11:23 PM
The Heat are awful offensively, have a hard time hitting 3s and will have a hard time keeping up with the Sixers.
Overall a bad team.

Sixers in 5.

Klay Thompson, 3 pointers made this season? 229

Wayne Ellington, 3 pointers made this season? 227

That'll do pig...that'll do.

Scoots
04-13-2018, 12:18 AM
I'm hoping for a Sixers sweep :)

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 01:04 AM
I'm hoping for a Sixers sweep :)

You would lose a lot of activity from the PSD Woj, not exactly what a struggling forum needs. Be careful what you wish for!

GREATNESS ONE
04-13-2018, 01:22 AM
You would lose a lot of activity from the PSD Woj, not exactly what a struggling forum needs. Be careful what you wish for!

Lakers and Raiders forum doesn’t struggle.

TylerSL
04-13-2018, 03:34 AM
Philadelphia will certainly be the favorites because not only are they the higher seed, but they have won 16 consecutive games to close the season. However of those 16 games, only four of them where against teams above .500 (and Milwaukee wanted to lose the final game to avoid a first round series with Lebron) while the teams under .500 were in the race to the bottom. That's not to say the 76ers aren't an impressive team, they are, but this series is going to be harder competition than what they've been playing.

Miami and Philadelphia played each other a total of four times this season, splitting the series. These are how the four games went.

Game 1-Philadelphia 103 Miami-97 (February 2nd)
Game 2-Philadelphia 104 Miami 102 February 14th)
Game 3-Philadelphia 101 Miami 102 (February 27th)
Game 4-Philadelphia 99 Miami 108 (March 8th)

The Heat played in really close games all year, 25 of their games were decided by five points or less and they held a 15-10 record in those games. I expect these games to be close and come to down to the final minutes, and I believe Miami isn't an ideal opponent for the 76ers.

As to who wins the series, I'm picking the Heat in 7 games. I think they are better than their record suggests. Whiteside missed quite a bit of time due to injury this year, 28 games. Wade missed quite a few since being traded back. Part of it is also me wanting them to win because I could easily see Philadelphia winning this too. I wanted Miami to get Boston because I feel like they were the weakest opponent of the top four. I feel like the Celtics will be able to beat Milwuakee even without Kyrie and so the winner of this series will get a Kyrie-less Boston Celtics in the second round. I would like either of these teams over those Celtics and so I believe the winner of this series will ultimately face Lebron James in the conference finals (sorry Raptors fans, I have to see him lose in the East to believe it).

Should easily be the best series in the Eastern Conference first round. I'm really looking forward to it. I picked Heat in 7 and while I do expect this to be a long series, it really could go either way.

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 08:31 AM

its been like 5 years since we been to the playoffs lol

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 08:40 AM
i love how our win streak is being discredited bcuz we only beat a handful of playoff teams. In that same run the heat were losing to the Nets, Knicks, Kings, Lakers. We destroyed every team in our path, thats what great teams do, not lose to tanking teams with nothing to play for when the game matters for you, thats what mediocre teams do.

ewing
04-13-2018, 08:43 AM
We’ll Joel play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 08:50 AM
hes likely out game 1. sounds like he will be back for game 2.

warfelg
04-13-2018, 08:51 AM
We’ll Joel play?

Unlikely game 1. Game 2 will be just over 2 weeks since the injury which was the best case timeline.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 09:08 AM
its been like 5 years since we been to the playoffs lol

Thats pretty long

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 09:08 AM
Lakers and Raiders forum doesn’t struggle.

Look around at the rest.

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 09:15 AM
Thats pretty long

look around the league again and get back to me if thats really long. Minny is in for the first time in 14 years!

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 09:16 AM
look around the league again and get back to me if thats really long. Minny is in for the first time in 14 years!

Yea 14 is definitely long lol!

bootsy
04-13-2018, 09:27 AM
Klay Thompson, 3 pointers made this season? 229

Wayne Ellington, 3 pointers made this season? 227

That'll do pig...that'll do.

This does nothing. So Ellington is Miami's offense? Also Ellington attempted 579 3's and attempted 700 shots overall. That's 83% of his FG attempts. Klay attempted 521 3's and 1178 overall so your comparison sucks. Miami is going to have to have guys getting buckets in this series to even have a chance. Relying on playoff experience which is overrated, coaching experience, and defense isn't enough in a 7 game series in the NBA. If you don't have the players to get buckets then none of this will matter.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 09:34 AM
So experience, defense, and coaching don't matter. Got it, thanks for that very, very dumb statement and showing everyone how smart you aren't.

bootsy
04-13-2018, 09:39 AM
So experience, defense, and coaching don't matter. Got it, thanks for that very, very dumb statement and showing everyone how smart you aren't.

Yeah that's exactly what I said.:rolleyes: My goodness you are annoying and the worst. But since you have the mentality of a 10 year old kid who roots for a team based on one player this is not surprising. Read my post over and over again until you get it right.

You can have all of the coaching, playoff experience in the world. If your team isn't good enough you aren't going to win in the NBA especially in a 7 game series. Period.

And this whole experience thing is ridiculous because outside of Wade and Spoelstra none of those Heat players have skins on the wall. Redick, Belinelli, Amir Johnson, Ilyasova have experience.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 09:43 AM
If the playoffs aren't any different why did Harden choke last year? Why did LeBron choke in the 2011 finals? Why did the Cavs finish last year terrible and then completely **** on everyone in the East in the playoffs? Why do Derozan and Lowry fold every single year?

Scoots
04-13-2018, 09:43 AM

It wasn't really a serious post. I don't want to lose you. Of all the lunatics, you are one of the more benign ones. :)

warfelg
04-13-2018, 09:45 AM
Yeah that's exactly what I said.:rolleyes: My goodness you are annoying and the worst. But since you have the mentality of a 10 year old kid who roots for a team based on one player this is not surprising. Read my post over and over again until you get it right.

You can have all of the coaching, playoff experience in the world. If your team isn't good enough you aren't going to win in the NBA especially in a 7 game series. Period.

And this whole experience thing is ridiculous because outside of Wade and Spoelstra none of those Heat players have skins on the wall. Redick, Belinelli, Amir Johnson, Ilyasova have experience.

Brett Brown has also coached numerous playoff and championship winning teams from America to Australia!!

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 09:47 AM

Wade, Spo, UD, Olynyk, JJ, TJ, JRich, Winslow, Dragic, Whiteside all have playoff experiences. The Heats main guys have it, Simmons, Embiid, Fultz, TJ, Covington, etc do not. Their top guys have no experience and it will show from time to time. I'll be surprised if Spos defensive sets don't lock Simmons up in the half court game

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 09:48 AM
It wasn't really a serious post. I don't want to lose you. Of all the lunatics, you are one of the more benign ones. :)

Haha I know, I was just messing with you!

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 09:50 AM

yea i hate to a agree with you but they all matter but i do think experience matters the least, especially in the first round. Spo is an underrated coach but Brown has rings as an assistant and has had a COY worthy season so he will be fine. Defense will be the biggest factor especially in game 1 with no Embiid.

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 09:51 AM

r.e.l.a.x

warfelg
04-13-2018, 09:54 AM
r.e.l.a.x

You're starting to sound like me ;)

Haha

The playoff thing matters a bit, but at the same time talent wins out. This is the NBA. That's what matters. Sure there's going to be a game or a quarter where the Sixers very much look overwhelmed (I'm guessing game 3 or 3rd quarter of that game). But I believe in this team enough to overcome that.

bootsy
04-13-2018, 09:59 AM
r.e.l.a.x

No that's not how it works. That guy is a troll and always says stupid **** and came directly at me. So no I won't relax.

bootsy
04-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Brett Brown has also coached numerous playoff and championship winning teams from America to Australia!!

Exactly.

Usually when you have to resort to playoff experience as your defense and for propping up of your team that's not a good sign. I haven't seen anything in thread about the Miami players abilities, how they've been playing leading up to the playoffs (which has been ****), etc. Pretty much all the stuff that really matters.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:10 AM
Exactly.

Usually when you have to resort to playoff experience as your defense and for propping up of your team that's not a good sign. I haven't seen anything in thread about the Miami players abilities, how they've been playing leading up to the playoffs (which has been ****), etc. Pretty much all the stuff that really matters.

Leading up to the playoffs they have the highest scoring bench in the league and the 3rd best home record in the league.....

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:11 AM
It doesn't matter who they're playing, their lack of experience would be pointed out and it will be exposed multiple times in the series.

AllBall
04-13-2018, 10:11 AM
This does nothing. So Ellington is Miami's offense? Also Ellington attempted 579 3's and attempted 700 shots overall. That's 83% of his FG attempts. Klay attempted 521 3's and 1178 overall so your comparison sucks. Miami is going to have to have guys getting buckets in this series to even have a chance. Relying on playoff experience which is overrated, coaching experience, and defense isn't enough in a 7 game series in the NBA. If you don't have the players to get buckets then none of this will matter.

Right, because the Sixers are the pinnacle of efficiency. :rolleyes:

What was your prediction? Philly in 4? Pls go.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:17 AM
No that's not how it works. That guy is a troll and always says stupid **** and came directly at me. So no I won't relax.

Nah buddy, you popped out of your hole out of nowhere a couple months ago and came at me with some BS. You dug your own grave when you did that.

RCarlson85
04-13-2018, 10:18 AM
Overall a bad team.

Sixers in 5.

Interesting you say that. The stats actually say the Heat and 76ers are pretty close when it comes to 3 pt shooting this season. They both make 11 three pointers a game which is tied for 10th overall. The 76ers shoot .369% from 3 while the Heat shoot .360%.

The Heat and Sixers also split the season series 2-2 and all the games were decided by single digits, including the Heat winning the 2 most recent games. They also played all 4 games this season within a window of less than 5 weeks so they got pretty familiar with each other in a short amount of time.

Heat in 6.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:19 AM
Jeffy25, if the Sixers sweep like you predicted I will live stream myself diving off the top of American Airlines Arena head first into the concrete where Wades statue will one day be!

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:21 AM
Interesting you say that. The stats actually say the Heat and 76ers are pretty close when it comes to 3 pt shooting this season. They both make 11 three pointers a game which is tied for 10th overall. The 76ers shoot .369% from 3 while the Heat shoot .360%.

The Heat and Sixers also split the season series 2-2 and all the games were decided by single digits, including the Heat winning the 2 most recent games. They also played all 4 games this season within a window of less than 5 weeks so they got pretty familiar with each other in a short amount of time.

Heat in 6.

Facts only from RCarlson.

warfelg
04-13-2018, 10:25 AM

Sixers starting 5 is top 2 in the NBA [emoji6]

warfelg
04-13-2018, 10:26 AM
Leading up to the playoffs they have the highest scoring bench in the league and the 3rd best home record in the league.....

And the Sixers are 26-1 since Jan 1st at home. Not too bad on the road either. So if you want to point that out as an advantage for the Heat it also goes for the Sixers.

RCarlson85
04-13-2018, 10:28 AM
I also think Embiid coming back in the middle of a playoff series won't be the easiest thing for the Sixers. They've gotten used to playing without him the last couple weeks and playing a certain style with him out. Now they have to work him back in and adjust to having him on the court again with little margin for error.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:29 AM
And the Sixers are 26-1 since Jan 1st at home. Not too bad on the road either. So if you want to point that out as an advantage for the Heat it also goes for the Sixers.

Wasn't pointing it out as an advantage, he said the Heat have sucked leading up to the playoffs and that they can't score. I responded with their home record and that they have the highest scoring bench in the league since the deadline.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:32 AM
And while both have great home records as of late, the other almost stole 1 on their home court so I think we'll see some good games. Wade missed the game winner short in Philly but hit it in Miami, that was the difference between stealing one and not.

sixer04fan
04-13-2018, 10:34 AM

The Sixers are a better defensive team by almost every relevant meaningful metric lol

bootsy
04-13-2018, 10:34 AM

Wow nice to deflect your ****** argument with something that I didn't even say. Look man your argument that Miami has a good offense based off of Wayne Ellington making as many 3's as Klay thompson was so weak. And then you come back again with another weak, doesn't apply response. Get outta here with this weak *** **** you are bringing. Philly's offense is not part of your argument but since you brought it up yeah Philly's got a more efficient offense then Miami. That I do know.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:42 AM
The Sixers are a better defensive team by almost every relevant meaningful metric lol

This wasn't a Heat vs Sixers thing, I was told those things don't matter period and only scoring matters.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:45 AM
Wtf is a bootsy though?

bootsy
04-13-2018, 10:45 AM
So far Miami is counting on playoff/coaching experience and Wayne Ellington. Got it.

bootsy
04-13-2018, 10:46 AM
Wtf is a bootsy though?

Wtf is a WDaEeo3e though?

This mother****er using password requirements as his screen name.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:51 AM
Wtf is a WDaEeo3e though?

This mother****er using password requirements as his screen name.

You probably wear cowboy boots and got your name from that. "Hold on guys, let me put on my bootsy!"

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
So far Miami is counting on playoff/coaching experience and Wayne Ellington. Got it.

We're relying on great coaching/schemes, defense, one of the best home records since the GOAT returned, the highest scoring bench, playoff Wade, motivated Whiteside, all star Dragic, playoff experience, and the young, hungry guys.

sixer04fan
04-13-2018, 10:54 AM
This wasn't a Heat vs Sixers thing, I was told those things don't matter period and only scoring matters.

Ok, you win. Defense matters. Advantage Sixers.

Or are we now going to make up some cliche about the Heat have a better “playoff defense” than the Sixers because of experience?

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:55 AM
Ok, you win. Defense matters. Advantage Sixers.

Or are we now going to make up some cliche about the Heat have a better “playoff defense” than the Sixers because of experience?

Yes, that's exactly it.

Fans of teams with no playoff experience are literally the only people who don't think playoff experience matters. I know it hurts but it's the truth. I will say as an organization the Sixers have experienced playoff beatdowns from Wade and the Heat many times. Who knows, this may be your year for payback!

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 10:56 AM
This is definitely going to be the best thread of the 1st round lol!!!

bootsy
04-13-2018, 11:01 AM
You probably wear cowboy boots and got your name from that. "Hold on guys, let me put on my bootsy!"

LOL what an enormous dunce you are. The name is from Bootsy Collins.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 11:02 AM
LOL what an enormous dunce you are. The name is from Bootsy Collins.

Then you should've went with Bootzilla.

sixer04fan
04-13-2018, 11:02 AM
This is definitely going to be the best thread of the 1st round lol!!!

Haha yup

bootsy
04-13-2018, 11:08 AM
Then you should've went with Bootzilla.

No.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 11:14 AM
No.

Then do everyone a favor while your on here and go ahead and sign out and come back when you're not so sensitive.

sixer04fan
04-13-2018, 11:17 AM
Yes, that's exactly it.

Fans of teams with no playoff experience are literally the only people who don't think playoff experience matters. I know it hurts but it's the truth. I will say as an organization the Sixers have experienced playoff beatdowns from Wade and the Heat many times. Who knows, this may be your year for payback!

Wanna know a secret? Talent and star power outweighs experience, especially in the playoffs. Experienced role players don’t lead teams through the playoffs. Stars do. The Heat are simply outmatched, the Sixers have better top end talent.

And what’s with your fanbase’s “experience” high horse. Get off it. It’s sad and it’s desperate. Here’s the reality of the situation. You made the playoffs once in the last 3 years. You talk as if your roster is compromised of championship pedigree celebrated respected vets. Your main core of contributors is a group of mediocre slightly above average low ceiling players who haven’t achieved anything meaningful in their careers. Except for Wade, who is 36 years old and far past his prime.

sixer04fan
04-13-2018, 11:23 AM
Redick, Amir, Belinelli, and Ilyasova are all key contributors for us with PLENTY of veteran experience that stands up well to the Heat players. You don’t hear Sixers fans yammering on about it in desperate cliches.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 11:25 AM
Wanna know a secret? Talent and star power outweighs experience, especially in the playoffs. Experienced role players don’t lead teams through the playoffs. Stars do. The Heat are simply outmatched, the Sixers have better top end talent.

And what’s with your fanbase’s “experience” high horse. Get off it. It’s sad and it’s desperate. Here’s the reality of the situation. You made the playoffs once in the last 3 years. You talk as if your roster is compromised of championship pedigree celebrated respected vets. Your main core of contributors is a group of mediocre slightly above average low ceiling players who haven’t achieved anything meaningful in their careers. Except for Wade, who is 36 years old and far past his prime.

Dragic was an all star, engaged Whiteside is an all star level player who dominated Embiid last game, Wade is the most dangerous player in this series, and you all don't have near as much star power as you claim.

Pistons and Denver have star power and look at them. The Spurs have 1 all star and look at them. The Jazz have no all stars. Don't talk to me about playoff experience when you don't even remember what it feels like to watch your team in the playoffs. I'm sitting on a high horse because I've witnessed 3 rings in the last 12 years, who else can say that? So while I want to win and I think they will, I can't be too mad because I've been blessed as a fan!

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 11:27 AM
Redick, Amir, Belinelli, and Ilyasova are all key contributors for us with PLENTY of veteran experience that stands up well to the Heat players. You don’t hear Sixers fans yammering on about it in desperate cliches.

Redick is a terrible playoff player, Amir is garbage, and they're a couple of your role players. Your 2 best players and at least 2 starters have no experience while basically everyone on the Heat has experience and have won playoff series.

Again, only fans of teams with no experience think experience doesn't matter.

sixer04fan
04-13-2018, 11:33 AM
Redick is a terrible playoff player, Amir is garbage, and they're a couple of your role players. Your 2 best players and at least 2 starters have no experience while basically everyone on the Heat has experience and have won playoff series.

Again, only fans of teams with no experience think experience doesn't matter.

It matters. Just not nearly as much as you’re clinging to. And the level of respect your team deserves because of their experience isn’t nearly as high as you think.

Vee-Rex
04-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Yeah this thread is gonna be lit

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 11:35 AM
Yeah this thread is gonna be lit

Unfortunately for PSD I won't be able to post much, if at all during game 1 :(

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 11:36 AM
It matters. Just not nearly as much as you’re clinging to. And the level of respect your team deserves because of their experience isn’t nearly as high as you think.

At least one of the games they'll win will be because they were the more experienced team.

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 11:36 AM
Then do everyone a favor while your on here and go ahead and sign out and come back when you're not so sensitive.

just block him, it will let us at least reasonable discussions

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 11:37 AM
Dragic was an all star, engaged Whiteside is an all star level player who dominated Embiid last game, Wade is the most dangerous player in this series, and you all don't have near as much star power as you claim.

Pistons and Denver have star power and look at them. The Spurs have 1 all star and look at them. The Jazz have no all stars. Don't talk to me about playoff experience when you don't even remember what it feels like to watch your team in the playoffs. I'm sitting on a high horse because I've witnessed 3 rings in the last 12 years, who else can say that? So while I want to win and I think they will, I can't be too mad because I've been blessed as a fan!

come on, you cant go claiming rings when you follow a player around lol

Jamiecballer
04-13-2018, 11:48 AM
I like the heat here in 5 but the 76rs have a nice future in 18 and beyond

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 11:57 AM

I started in Miami because of Wade, I said I would follow him until the end for that and be back in Miami after retirement or when he went back. I've been blessed!

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 11:57 AM
I like the heat here in 5 but the 76rs have a nice future in 18 and beyond

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Good prediction, you're a smart man.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 11:59 AM
just block him, it will let us at least reasonable discussions

I guess I could but I really don't care enough to do it. I'm not one to hold grudges and become sensitive over something someone I'll never meet in my life says over an Internet forum lol. I just find it funny when people get sensitive so I ask that they come back when they have a clear mind ha!

RCarlson85
04-13-2018, 12:05 PM
dragic was an all star, engaged whiteside is an all star level player who dominated embiid last game, wade is the most dangerous player in this series, and you all don't have near as much star power as you claim.

Pistons and denver have star power and look at them. The spurs have 1 all star and look at them. The jazz have no all stars. Don't talk to me about playoff experience when you don't even remember what it feels like to watch your team in the playoffs. I'm sitting on a high horse because i've witnessed 3 rings in the last 12 years, who else can say that? So while i want to win and i think they will, i can't be too mad because i've been blessed as a fan!

#blessed

RCarlson85
04-13-2018, 12:07 PM

Wade didn't leave the Heat until just last season so you can't say he followed Wade around for rings. He had been on the Heat his whole career until recently.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 12:07 PM
#blessed

:hope:

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 12:08 PM
Wade didn't leave the Heat until just last season so you can't say he followed Wade around for rings. He had been on the Heat his whole career until recently.

And now we're back and better than ever. The fans appreciate us even more and we appreciate everything more now that we're back. Sometimes you need to spend time apart to see how much you really need each other

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 12:11 PM

but he was a Cavs fan last week, come on.

RCarlson85
04-13-2018, 12:12 PM

Yes, he followed the Bulls and the Cavs when Wade left the Heat last year but I'm saying before that it was all Heat and that's when the championships were won. Wade didn't leave and win championships on other teams that he's claiming.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 12:13 PM

And Wade was a Cav and now look at him. You can take Me and Wade out of Miami but you can't take Miami out of us.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 12:15 PM
And I've always stuck to my guns on here if you go back in the history and look.

It's always been "Wade was the reason I became a Heat fan so I'll ride it out until he retires or returns to Miami but either way I will be a Heat fan when it's all said and done."

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 12:36 PM
Yes, he followed the Bulls and the Cavs when Wade left the Heat last year but I'm saying before that it was all Heat and that's when the championships were won. Wade didn't leave and win championships on other teams that he's claiming.

Wade fan, not heat fan, not bulls fan, not cavs fan .cheer for who you want but dont come at us with the ringz bull **** when you follow a player around.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 12:37 PM
Wade fan, not heat fan, not bulls fan, not cavs fan .cheer for who you want but dont come at us with the ringz bull **** when you follow a player around.

Do me a favor and count to 3.

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 12:37 PM
but back on topic. Line moved to -7 with Embiid out even Vegas doesnt take the heat seriously.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 12:38 PM
but back on topic. Line moved to -7 with Embiid out even Vegas doesnt take the heat seriously.

Vegas predicted the Heat would win like 34 games or so 2 years ago when they won 48.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 12:39 PM
I will say what worries me most about this series is the nba pushing the up and coming team narrative for the Sixers.

SfgiantsJD3
04-13-2018, 01:00 PM
(3) Philadelphia 76ers vs. (6) Miami Heat 

Game 1: Sat. April 14 Miami at Philadelphia, 8 p.m., ESPN

Game 2: Mon. April 16 Miami at Philadelphia, 8 p.m., TNT

Game 3: Thu. April 19 Philadelphia at Miami, 7 p.m., TNT

Game 4: Sat. April 21 Philadelphia at Miami, 2:30 p.m., TNT

Game 5: Tue. April 24 Miami at Philadelphia, TBD

Game 6: Thu. April 26 Philadelphia at Miami, TBD

Game 7: Sat. April 28& Miami at Philadelphia, TNT*

warfelg
04-13-2018, 01:15 PM
I will say what worries me most about this series is the nba pushing the up and coming team narrative for the Sixers.

Adam Silver does not like us at all.

tredigs
04-13-2018, 01:21 PM
Vegas predicted the Heat would win like 34 games or so 2 years ago when they won 48.

To be fair, Vegas sets a suitable line and then lets the market (the bets) dictate where it finally ends up. But yeah, the Sixers will be favored in every game this series, especially after Embiid returns. So if you think Miami is winning some games (or losing by less than 7, etc) and pick your spots wisely, you're in for some $.

tredigs
04-13-2018, 01:23 PM

Please don't let this be a preemptive to you simply crying about every call you think doesn't go the Heat's way. I really hope we can keep the nonsensical *****ing + stupid conspiracies to a minimum concerning the playoffs this year. Let's save the complaining for the major **** ups.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 01:25 PM
Please don't let this be a preemptive to you simply crying about every call you think doesn't go the Heat's way. I really hope we can keep the nonsensical *****ing + stupid conspiracies to a minimum concerning the playoffs this year. Let's save the complaining for the major **** ups.

It's not I'm just worried about it, we all know a fair called game. Hopefully we get those all 6 games it takes the Heat to knock them out :)

TheDish87
04-13-2018, 01:27 PM

and there it is

tredigs
04-13-2018, 01:30 PM
It's not I'm just worried about it, we all know a fair called game. Hopefully we get those all 6 games it takes the Heat to knock them out :)

Me too minus the Heat part. But hugee props to Miami if they pull it off.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 01:32 PM

Brett Brown knows.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 01:33 PM
and there it is

1....2....3!

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 01:33 PM
So if I put $100 on Heat in 6 whats my return going to be?

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 01:34 PM
I really would like to start placing bets but I'm worried I would get carried away from time to time.

tredigs
04-13-2018, 01:53 PM
I really would like to start placing bets but I'm worried I would get carried away from time to time.

You would lol. And sportsbetting is truly extremely difficult nowadays. Close to unbeatable for 95% on the long term given the vig to the sportsbook.

A $100 series bet on Miami pays little under $500 back (about 400 profit depending where you bet it).

warfelg
04-13-2018, 02:03 PM
You would lol. And sportsbetting is truly extremely difficult nowadays. Close to unbeatable for 95% on the long term given the vig to the sportsbook.

A $100 series bet on Miami pays little under $500 back (about 400 profit depending where you bet it).

Yea. Odds makers have gotten so much better at setting these lines that it really takes something major to beat their odds.

tredigs
04-13-2018, 02:16 PM
Yea. Odds makers have gotten so much better at setting these lines that it really takes something major to beat their odds.
The biggest advantage a smart bettor has is to take advantage of the general betting publics perception of a team relative to the reality of how that team actually performs. Because the line (especially the closing line) is more of a reflection of the market than it is their actual opinion on who is the favorite+underdog.

In this series the Sixers are probably slightly overvalued (so betting on the Heat to cover but still lose the game will likely be +everyone on a couple games), but they're still the clear favorite. If I end up betting G1 it will be Heat +7 or 7.5 points.

sixer04fan
04-13-2018, 02:24 PM

Brett Brown knows.

If our team is taking you seriously, that should worry you way more than if we were disregarding you as the low-ceiling embodiment of mediocrity that you actually are.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 02:32 PM
If our team is taking you seriously, that should worry you way more than if we were disregarding you as the low-ceiling embodiment of mediocrity that you actually are.

You've been mediocre since 1983 so I guess you would know lmao!

sixer04fan
04-13-2018, 02:36 PM
You've been mediocre since 1983 so I guess you would know lmao!

Not anymore. That’s why I trusted the process!

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 02:50 PM
You're basically middle of the pack now though lol

ewing
04-13-2018, 03:12 PM
I know he hasn’t played well in the playoffs but I predicting a big series from JJ

Vee-Rex
04-13-2018, 03:22 PM
I know he hasn’t played well in the playoffs but I predicting a big series from JJ

Yeah I think James Johnson is gonna have a big series too.

:D

sixer04fan
04-13-2018, 03:33 PM
You're basically middle of the pack now though lol

52 wins, 16 wins in a row, 3rd seed. Young core of stars, amazingly bright future, 5th best odds to win the championship this year.

Yes. We are totally in the middle of the pack, Mr. 6th Seed in the Eastern Conference.

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 04:44 PM
52 wins, 16 wins in a row, 3rd seed. Young core of stars, amazingly bright future, 5th best odds to win the championship this year.

Yes. We are totally in the middle of the pack, Mr. 6th Seed in the Eastern Conference.

Let me know when you win a ring you can actually remember. Mr. 1983

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Yeah I think James Johnson is gonna have a big series too.

:D

Good call, I do too.

AllBall
04-13-2018, 04:49 PM
Wow nice to deflect your ****** argument with something that I didn't even say. Look man your argument that Miami has a good offense based off of Wayne Ellington making as many 3's as Klay thompson was so weak. And then you come back again with another weak, doesn't apply response. Get outta here with this weak *** **** you are bringing. Philly's offense is not part of your argument but since you brought it up yeah Philly's got a more efficient offense then Miami. That I do know.

You seem pretty upset over someone just stating a fact. All I did was list totals in response to the claim that the Heat couldn't hit 3s. If the statement like 2+2=4 is making you feel some type of way, maybe you should leave this thread.

What? No way bro, Philly in 3. Because PSD trolls.

sixer04fan
04-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Let me know when you win a ring you can actually remember. Mr. 1983

Will do!

Big Zo
04-13-2018, 08:05 PM
Heat should have won the regular season series against Philly. They blew a 20+ point lead in that Feb. 14 game. Miami in 6.

goingfor28
04-13-2018, 10:09 PM
Philly in 5, with or without Embiid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
04-13-2018, 11:11 PM
Heat should have won the regular season series against Philly. They blew a 20+ point lead in that Feb. 14 game. Miami in 6.

Hey buddy, I was wondering when you would make an appearance.

Dade County
04-14-2018, 12:44 AM
HEAT should win in 5, but I'm afraid due to entertainment reasons, this series will be forced to a game 7.

The League force a game 7, when Miami faced the Hornets couple of years ago...I was disgusted. So as I think about it more, I'm not going to like anything about this series.

HEAT move onto the next rd.

naps
04-14-2018, 10:43 AM
Miami could not have hoped for a better matchup. They are going up against an apparently hot team (13 of their 16 wins against nobodies) with stars that are basically rookies. When was the last time a rookie led a team in a playoff series win? Right. Dwyane Wade will close a game or two and this should be a 6 game series ending in south beach.

koldjerky
04-14-2018, 11:02 AM
Miami could not have hoped for a better matchup. They are going up against an apparently hot team (13 of their 16 wins against nobodies) with stars that are basically rookies. When was the last time a rookie led a team in a playoff series win? Right. Dwyane Wade will close a game or two and this should be a 6 game series ending in south beach.

You act as if it’s a common thing that a rookie led team makes it to the playoffs. The better question is, when’s the last time a rookie (as good as Ben Simmons) led team won a playoff series? You’re talking about very few times a rookie who put up as good of numbers (or at least comparable numbers) as Ben Simmons even got to the playoffs.

Rookie led playoff teams rarely winning playoff series isn’t a testament to the rookies lack of ability to win its because a rookie as good as Ben rarely ever gets a chance at the playoffs. Look at the good rookies years that had the rookie being the teams best player and tell me if they even made the playoffs OR were the 3rd best team in their conference.

Let’s not say Ben and the Sixers are just like any other rookie led team.

aman_13
04-14-2018, 11:04 AM
So based on post count, this is the featured series on PSD?

warfelg
04-14-2018, 11:23 AM
So based on post count, this is the featured series on PSD?

I'd just say two very active fan bases.

WaDe03
04-14-2018, 11:43 AM
You act as if it’s a common thing that a rookie led team makes it to the playoffs. The better question is, when’s the last time a rookie (as good as Ben Simmons) led team won a playoff series? You’re talking about very few times a rookie who put up as good of numbers (or at least comparable numbers) as Ben Simmons even got to the playoffs.

Rookie led playoff teams rarely winning playoff series isn’t a testament to the rookies lack of ability to win its because a rookie as good as Ben rarely ever gets a chance at the playoffs. Look at the good rookies years that had the rookie being the teams best player and tell me if they even made the playoffs OR were the 3rd best team in their conference.

Let’s not say Ben and the Sixers are just like any other rookie led team.

Wade his rookie year.

WaDe03
04-14-2018, 11:44 AM
I'd just say two very active fan bases.

Winner of this goes to the ECF.

Celtics with no Kyrie won't be able to score much on these defenses, the Bucks are the Heats sons after the season sweep, and I think you all would also beat the Bucks. This side of the bracket is open but I'm pretty confident winner of this goes to ECF.

WaDe03
04-14-2018, 11:46 AM
Sixers fans, on a serious note how hype are y'all to be back in the playoffs? I remember after LeBron left the Heat missed due to injuries in 14-15 then made it back in 15-16 and I was nervous as hell like I was playing in the game and that was just with 1 year off lol! It was one to remember

WaDe03
04-14-2018, 11:49 AM
Also, I'm just hoping if the Heat lose in these playoffs at any time I can just say they were outplayed by the better team. Injuries have ****ed me in the playoffs lately, 15-16 they go to the ECF at worst if they have Bosh and Whiteside instead of losing in game 7 of the 2nd round, then last year the Bulls up 2-0 going back home then Rondo goes down and they have no PG and are ****ed from then on. I just want health and fair officiating for everyone!

warfelg
04-14-2018, 11:56 AM
Winner of this goes to the ECF.

No guarantee.

warfelg
04-14-2018, 11:59 AM
Sixers fans, on a serious note how hype are y'all to be back in the playoffs? I remember after LeBron left the Heat missed due to injuries in 14-15 then made it back in 15-16 and I was nervous as hell like I was playing in the game and that was just with 1 year off lol! It was one to remember

No nerves at all. Pure excitement. We're on our upswing as a team and here's where we are. That's exciting for us to know we're scratching the surface. We got more space to go up from here. Not many reams got that one going for them.

aman_13
04-14-2018, 12:40 PM
Yeah the Sixers are playing with house money.

Big Zo
04-14-2018, 12:57 PM
Hey buddy, I was wondering when you would make an appearance.
Was smart of Cleveland to slip to the 4th seed, and avoid Miami in the first round. ;)

koldjerky
04-14-2018, 01:02 PM
Wade his rookie year.

So you guys should be well aware it can happen then ;)

WaDe03
04-14-2018, 01:30 PM
So you guys should be well aware it can happen then ;)

Haha we'll see, Wade wasn't going up against a GOAT in his first playoff series!

Bostonjorge
04-14-2018, 01:32 PM
Simmons is going to become a Prime Time player in these playoffs.

Wade will explode for a game in Miami and get a win but just don’t see them getting 4 wins.

Sixers win

archdevil84
04-14-2018, 01:36 PM

also helped that wade popped the fck off those playoffs. My goodness was i astounded by how good he actually played. Basically a better version of kawhi vs the raptors

WaDe03
04-14-2018, 01:39 PM
also helped that wade popped the fck off those playoffs. My goodness was i astounded by how good he actually played. Basically a better version of kawhi vs the raptors

The GOAT! We'll see if he has anything left in him.

WaDe03
04-14-2018, 01:40 PM
You already know Wade re-upped on his HGH supply, hopefully the NBA doesn't get him like they got Meeks!

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:02 PM
Simmons is going to become a Prime Time player in these playoffs.

Wade will explode for a game in Miami and get a win but just don’t see them getting 4 wins.

Sixers win

Well Simmon’s has a pretty big hole in his game the Heat will try to expose. I think TJ will be the truth

ewing
04-14-2018, 08:08 PM
How hyped up is MTM right now?

ewing
04-14-2018, 08:11 PM
Hubie Brown nice

ewing
04-14-2018, 08:13 PM
Good crowd in Philly

ewing
Not going to lie.. it's great to see the Sixers back in the playoffs.

Crowd is hyped

FlashBolt
Not going to lie.. it's great to see the Sixers back in the playoffs.

FlashBolt
04-14-2018, 08:16 PM
I used to hate Hubie Brown for being so repetitive but if I'm a casual fan, i would love him.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Big Ben is showing no fear and i ****ing love it.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 08:27 PM
this is going to be a fun series

ewing
04-14-2018, 08:32 PM
this is going to be a fun series

He been going very strong and is aggressive on D too.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 08:37 PM
wade with possibly the worst shot i have ever seen lololol/

ewing
04-14-2018, 08:44 PM
Kelly O causes problems

tredigs
04-14-2018, 08:49 PM
Both teams shooting >60% from 3, great time to in-play the under.

tredigs
04-14-2018, 08:51 PM
Look at my guy Simmons 3/4 from the line!

That will be his peak FT% for the playoffs unfortunately, but it's fun to think about if he could maintain it...

tredigs
04-14-2018, 08:52 PM
Pretty even matchup until you consider that the Sixers are going to introduce the best player in the series in game 2 or 3.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 08:53 PM
Bens passing... and wades insane lack of defense lmfao... Please keep him in.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 09:00 PM
GTFO with that ******** call on ben man.

tredigs
04-14-2018, 09:03 PM
GTFO with that ******** call on ben man.

As a Bron stan it must be crazy to see somebody actually called for that blatant offensive foul ay : /

ewing
04-14-2018, 09:04 PM
As a Bron stan it must be crazy to see somebody actually called for that blatant offensive foul ay : /

He definitely didn’t walk on that give and go with JJ

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 09:05 PM

lmfao touche.

tredigs
04-14-2018, 09:06 PM
He definitely didn’t walk on that give and go with JJ

I'm talking about the charge/push foul that they called in the paint though, not the traveling.

ewing
04-14-2018, 09:09 PM
I'm talking about the charge/push foul that they called in the paint though, not the traveling.

I know just breaking MTM balls a little more

tredigs
04-14-2018, 09:10 PM
The refs don't give the Sixers much respect yet. Good. I like it.

ewing
04-14-2018, 09:11 PM
Jauwn Howard sighting

tredigs
04-14-2018, 09:12 PM
To be honest the Sixers are not very smart/good yet, but Embiid does make them a lot tougher to guard, and they're going to be a scary team as soon as next year. I'll stick with the idea that they can come out of the East this year with a couple of breaks.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 09:16 PM
Olynk better enjoy this..... because he returns next game.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 09:18 PM
The refs don't give the Sixers much respect yet. Good. I like it.

I hate it because i think a foul is a foul nomatter the situation/team etc but that is basketball... Lebrons/Durants etc will get the superstar calls while sixers etc gotta earn it.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 09:35 PM
gotta give it to brown man... sitting amir for Illya... Illya coming up large... He and ben leading the charge.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-14-2018, 09:38 PM
Whiteside is just not there mentally today.

goingfor28
04-14-2018, 09:44 PM
I hope the Sixers win it all

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 09:51 PM
Dario saric is probably the toughest mother ****er on this team and one of the toughest hardest workers in all of basketball.

More-Than-Most
BOOM and this place is about to erupt.

lakerfan85
Saric is one ugly dude..

tredigs
Whiteside is just not there mentally today.

So, playing like Whiteside.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 09:52 PM
Ben ****ing simmons ladies and gentleman... that move and slam

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 09:54 PM
Saric is one ugly dude..

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3b9PlBRBmXyWzB8EcE/giphy.gif

HandsOnTheWheel
04-14-2018, 09:55 PM
So, playing like Whiteside.

Yup. Now watch him have the game of his life when Embiid comes back.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 09:55 PM
Yup. Now watch him have the game of his life when Embiid comes back.

yea he plays up against embiid... like the energy is just completely different when they are on the floor together... if he would just act like that all the time he would be so much more impressive.... its just an effort thing at this point.

lakerfan85
04-14-2018, 09:56 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3b9PlBRBmXyWzB8EcE/giphy.gif

Sorry but he is..

tredigs
04-14-2018, 09:56 PM
Ben ****ing simmons ladies and gentleman... that move and slam

On Kelly for an open 2 handed flush. Simmons is having an underwhelming night overall MTM. He's gotta play a lot smarter and a lot more efficiently going forward. He's a rookie, so we'll give him the pass.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 09:57 PM
On Kelly for an open 2 handed flush. Simmons is having an underwhelming night overall MTM. He's gotta play a lot smarter and a lot more efficiently going forward. He's a rookie, so we'll give him the pass.

oh yea def but id prefer this game over him being insanely good as long as we win... He is fine though but its the shooting right now and the fact that he keeps shooting is really refreshing.

tredigs
04-14-2018, 09:58 PM
Sorry about that 3rd quarter Miami fans (there's like 1 or 2 left I swear). Jesus.

ewing
04-14-2018, 10:04 PM
Gotta give Philly credit they did a good job loading up on the shooters around Ben and now Fultz

PurpleLynch
04-14-2018, 10:06 PM
This will be a good series. Can't wait for Embiid's return. Also, adding JJ Redick and Belinelli was a brilliant move, they fit a lot in this young and athletic team.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 10:09 PM
when will playoff wade show up because he has been utter trash? Like we are running by him and he is giving 0 effort on defense.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-14-2018, 10:23 PM
yea he plays up against embiid... like the energy is just completely different when they are on the floor together... if he would just act like that all the time he would be so much more impressive.... its just an effort thing at this point.

People wonder why Spo benches him for long periods of time. Guy comes to play when he wants to

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 10:27 PM
Big ben saying you can take your exp and free throw argument and stick it up your ***... BIG BEN IS COMING UP LARGE RIGHT NOW *****ES.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 10:28 PM
our defense is just disgusting at this point

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 10:29 PM
Boom goes the ****ing dynamite... BIG BEN IS ON baby.

warfelg
04-14-2018, 10:32 PM
Bens a rebound away from a playoff triple double. This guy is so good.

Philly Hammer
04-14-2018, 10:32 PM
Miami is getting an old fashion *** whipping.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Lets all go to the big belly deli because we hungry and we looking to eat.

zn23
04-14-2018, 10:35 PM
I've been telling people about the Heat, they're not a good team. Totally inept on offense.

They're not good enough to come back from double digit leads. As soon as the Sixers went up by 10, I said game over and stopped watching. Came back to see the Sixers are up 22.

This will be a 5 game series max. With Sixers prevailing.

warfelg
04-14-2018, 10:36 PM
Marco. Holy crap.

Philly Hammer
Sixers are beating the crap outta these guys it's not even fair lmfao!!!

More-Than-Most
Let the embeast hibernate until next round... Ben has this.

warfelg
04-14-2018, 10:38 PM
I've been telling people about the Heat, they're not a good team. Totally inept on offense.

They're not good enough to come back from double digit leads. As soon as the Sixers went up by 10, I said game over and stopped watching. Came back to see the Sixers are up 22.

This will be a 5 game series max. With Sixers prevailing.

A big part of it is our offense too. We make people wooooork defensively. That takes a lot out of teams.

I had someone say it’s like the triple option in football. You can play it right 5 times, and just screw it up the 6th time and it kills you.

zn23
Embiid should consider taking the series off and coming back in the 2nd round.

More-Than-Most
17/14/9 from big ben in his first playoff game against a legit defense with no embiid... think about that for a second.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 10:39 PM
KORKY joining the party... WE DROPPING BOMBS TONIGHT

warfelg
04-14-2018, 10:39 PM
Please let Ben get this last rebound. Lol.

warfelg
04-14-2018, 10:40 PM
Embiid should consider taking the series off and coming back in the 2nd round.

I wouldn’t mind. We’re too fast for Whiteside when Embiid isn’t in there.

warfelg
04-14-2018, 10:41 PM
Oh man. The Heat are getting Korkmaz’ed

Philly Hammer
04-14-2018, 10:41 PM
I knew the Sixers were going to win this game but damn. Miami sucks I mean they really just flat out stink.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 10:42 PM
I knew the Sixers were going to win this game but damn. Miami sucks I mean they really just flat out stink.

we just scored 130 against a damn good defense in our first playoff game... the hot streak we are on we might have done this to anyone right now.

Philly Hammer
04-14-2018, 10:43 PM
Get your sorry *** off our court Miami!!!!!!

zn23
04-14-2018, 10:46 PM

One of the worst teams I've seen make the playoffs in a very long time. Same with the Bucks.

zn23
04-14-2018, 10:49 PM
we just scored 130 against a damn good defense in our first playoff game... the hot streak we are on we might have done this to anyone right now.

Good defense =/= good team, dude... Teams that can't score, can't win in the playoffs.

The Heat had the lowest Offensive Efficiency of any team in the playoffs. Once they go down by double digits, you can basically write them off.

That's not to take away from the Sixers who are absolutely on fire and look like they can run through the East.

zn23
04-14-2018, 10:53 PM
lol did the Sixers not know that Simmons was 1 rebound away from a triple double?

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 11:00 PM
lol did the Sixers not know that Simmons was 1 rebound away from a triple double?

its not that... we arent the thunder lol... we just want the wins lol... never once was ben standing near the paint begging for a rebound with 6 minutes left needing 1 rebound

AllBall
04-14-2018, 11:18 PM
Well played by Philly. Officiating was even. Need to come back next game with some better play from starting guards and better commitment on defense. Coaching staff should adjust and get back at it Monday.

ewing
04-14-2018, 11:42 PM
Lets all go to the big belly deli because we hungry and we looking to eat.

Settle down MTM

Scoots
04-15-2018, 12:00 AM
Uh oh ... 1-0

goingfor28
04-15-2018, 12:58 AM
Exactly how I expect this series to go. Philly is the much better team. Miami absolutely doesn't belong in the playoffs and Philly is at least ECF good.

willsayanything
04-15-2018, 10:55 AM
Haven't watch an Eastern Conference game in years...great to see the much touted 6ers trounce the loathed Pat Riley Fall Downers and Floppers. They, the PRF&Fers, are so good at it because they practice practice practice. I hear they're taking their show to Carnegie Hall next exhibition season to practice practice practice their Fall Downing and Flopping there. They, the Pat Riley Fall Downers and Floppers, are still dangerous though...they will do their very best to turn each basketball game into a crapfest.

6ers, looking very, very real...seem to have championship moxie.