PDA

View Full Version : ECQF: Toronto Raptors [1] vs. Washington Wizards [8] | Raptors win 4-2

Pages : [1] 2

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 12:26 PM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2lwotwz.gifVS.http://i67.tinypic.com/33m7h8o.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 in Toronto: Saturday, April 14, 5:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 2 in Toronto: Tuesday, April 17, 7 p.m. ET, NBA TV

Game 3 in Washington: Friday, April 20, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN 2

Game 4 in Washington: Sunday, April 22, 6 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 5 in Toronto: TBA (if necessary)

Game 6 in Washington: TBA (if necessary)

Game 7 in Toronto: TBA (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ih9g1u.gif

C: Marcin Gortat
PF: Markieff Morris
SF: Otto Porter
SG: Bradley Beal
PG: John Wall

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i65.tinypic.com/4smm2s.gif

C: Jonas Valanciunas
PF: Serge Ibaka
SF: Ogugua Anunoby
SG: DeMar Derozan
PG: Kyle Lowry

Capital One Arena, Washington DC

https://usports.org/wp-content/uploads/Verizon_Center-400x300.jpg

Air Canada Centre, Toronto

http://dougloudenback.com/hornets/Toronto.AirCanadaCentre1.jpg

Heediot
04-12-2018, 01:32 PM
I can see an upset. Raps don't have that one guy that is too athletic and or crafty dominant type of guy that can take over a series. It should be close. This could be a Virginia type nba team, where they kill the regular season and disappoint in the playoffs annually.

aman_13
04-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Coin flip series.

But I will say, just about a week ago, the Wizards were being accused of being too selfish. They have not played well and have had a very up and down season. Wall has been out for most of the year and you can't really say they have an identity to their offense. They look like a team that lacks cohesion.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-12-2018, 02:06 PM
Raps in 7

LeonFSU
04-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Raptors in 5 or 6.

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Raaaaptors, Raaaaptors, Raaaaptors!

I got Raps in 6 (assuming full health, because FVV is an important part of their team). I don't think the Raptors are the world beaters that they've been for most of the season, but I do think they're a different team. They've played a different style of basketball all year and I think it'll show in the playoffs.

The spark of evidence of this new Raps team will be the Raps FINALLY winning a game 1 in a gazillion years. That's right, Raps are taking game 1!

Also, the Wizards look a bit discombobulated themselves. Wall hasn't comfortably settled in since his return from injury.

It will not be easy... don't think the Raps will be wrecking teams in the playoffs like they did in the regular season, but they're better.

aman_13
04-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Raptors winning game 1? Don't make me laugh vee 😂

R. Johnson#3
04-12-2018, 05:45 PM
Raaaaptors, Raaaaptors, Raaaaptors!

I got Raps in 6 (assuming full health, because FVV is an important part of their team). I don't think the Raptors are the world beaters that they've been for most of the season, but I do think they're a different team. They've played a different style of basketball all year and I think it'll show in the playoffs.

The spark of evidence of this new Raps team will be the Raps FINALLY winning a game 1 in a gazillion years. That's right, Raps are taking game 1!

Also, the Wizards look a bit discombobulated themselves. Wall hasn't comfortably settled in since his return from injury.

It will not be easy... don't think the Raps will be wrecking teams in the playoffs like they did in the regular season, but they're better.

Honestly, it would be a huge catalyst for the team. Lowry needs to show up this year too or the next 2 years of his contract will be painful.

Cal827
04-12-2018, 07:22 PM
See, this is exactly the bull**** I was talking about yesterday about why they were going for a win in an irrelevant game. We already clinched the 1 seed and 60 wins means absolute **** if we lost anybody big to our core with injury. Ibaka and Miles got banged up, and now VanVleet (You know, the guy who we have in case Lowry's game falters), needing x-rays on his shoulder. :pity: I'm hoping that it's not too severe, because this stupid *** quest for 60 wins might have completely screwed their chances at coming out the east.

That rant being said, I would expect Toronto win win this in 5 or (more likely)6 games. Washington has looked terrible over the past couple weeks, and even Wall coming back hasn't really seemed to buck the trend. Hopefully they win game 1 this time, cause I'm gonna be terrified if they don't :laugh2:

mike_noodles
04-12-2018, 08:32 PM
I can see an upset. Raps don't have that one guy that is too athletic and or crafty dominant type of guy that can take over a series. It should be close. This could be a Virginia type nba team, where they kill the regular season and disappoint in the playoffs annually.

But they donít disappoint annually. They had one early exit, the first time they made the playoffs. Then they lost to the Cavs every other time. Thatís not disappointing when itís expected and anticipated.

TylerSL
04-13-2018, 04:12 AM
I'm shocked that people believe this will be a series honestly. Toronto is going to sweep this series. Washington is a trash team, the other players don't even want John Wall on the team. Meanwhile, the Raptors played their best season by far and DeRozen really took a big step this year.

Toronto is a super hungry team who has faced playoff heartbreak many times now, and the Wizards don't even like each other (and lost in Orlando (whose trying to lose!) to end the regular season!). Wizards are a joke and are cooked. Raptors 4-0.

Heediot
04-13-2018, 04:20 AM
But they donít disappoint annually. They had one early exit, the first time they made the playoffs. Then they lost to the Cavs every other time. Thatís not disappointing when itís expected and anticipated.

Maybe I should re-frame and say they get exposed in the post-season. DD and Lowry look legit in the regular season, but unravel when the game tightens and the whistle is different. Lowry more-so. DD, who at least gets better in the playoffs as he gains more experience. I still don't think neither have that crafty game that can easily break down a defense. Even Older Wade showed what craftiness can do when the Heat almost upset the Raps a few years back. Unless your Bron with world class unmatchable athleticism, skill/craftiness and mental toughness under pressure are what comes out in the playoffs. The best players have a combo of athleticism/craftiness/mental toughness in the playoffs. Bron's superior athleticism mitigates his need for craftiness.

The Raps did change their style of play, maybe it'll help. Put me in the skeptical side until they prove it can translate when it matters. No matter what style of play you need big time players that live up to the big time moments in the playoffs (especially the deeper you get).

Jamiecballer
04-13-2018, 12:08 PM
While I fully expect playoff Lowry and/or Derozan to show up at some point, Toronto is just so much better than Washington that it shouldn't matter. Raptors in 5, perhaps even 4.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Missing56&33
04-13-2018, 12:33 PM
Well, I'm on the Raptors bandwagon to make it all the way to the NBA Finals. For the last 5 years now, they kinda been given a pass for making it to the playoffs....or overachieving with a few playoff series wins.

With Kyrie out....Cleveland not looking good...they have the #1 seed to the Finals. I have a serious problem with getting behind a team(That's not my team) and they let me down. I will never pick them for anything ever again.

Lowry, Derozan, Serge....its their time....If Casey can't get them to the Finals this year, I don't think he ever will.

ChongInc.
04-13-2018, 12:57 PM
You know who's really dissapointment annually (other than the series Paul Pierce won for them against the raptors)... The wizards. In the post season and regular season.

SfgiantsJD3
04-13-2018, 12:59 PM
Game 1: Sat. April 14 Washington at Toronto 5:30 p.m., ESPN
Game 2: Tue, April 17 Washington at Toronto, 7 p.m., NBA TV

Game 3: Fri. April 20 Toronto at Washington, 8 p.m., ESPN2
Game 4: Sun. April 22 Toronto at Washington, 6 p.m., TNT

Game 5: Wed. April 25 Washington at Toronto, TBD*
Game 6: Fri. April 27 Toronto at Washington, TBD*
Game 7: Wed. April 25 ;Washington at Toronto, TBD*

WaDe03
04-13-2018, 01:16 PM
Meeks suspended 25 games so there's a blow to their bench and shooting.

ewing
04-13-2018, 03:13 PM
Meeks suspended 25 games so there's a blow to their bench and shooting.

Jody Meeks is still in the league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goingfor28
04-13-2018, 10:15 PM
Wizards in 7. Raptors always choke. DD and Lowry are garbage in the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bostonjorge
04-14-2018, 02:10 PM
Wizards have looked off for a while now. They have the talent to win but they donít know if itís Beal or Walls team. Toronto seems to have a strong system going. They still need to prove they are a true number 1 seed.

Raptors win

Cal827
04-14-2018, 03:56 PM
:laugh2: And to follow up my first rant post: VanVleet is out for game 1 of this series because of an injury :facepalm:

Lowry wanted to fight for 60 wins.... He better step his *** up since his main back up PG is out :laugh2:

Vee-Rex
04-14-2018, 04:04 PM
:laugh2: And to follow up my first rant post: VanVleet is out for game 1 of this series because of an injury :facepalm:

Lowry wanted to fight for 60 wins.... He better step his *** up since his main back up PG is out :laugh2:

Bah, that sucks. Hopefully he's back soon

Cal827
04-14-2018, 04:06 PM
Bah, that sucks. Hopefully he's back soon

He should be, but hopefully momentum isn't with Washington by then.

Game 82 alone, is a reason I can understand people NOT selecting Casey as Coach of the Year :laugh2:

It's such a big difference between championships teams and not. A team like the Warriors, Spurs, or the Cavs, after having clinched their spot, would have probably either rested their main guys (or at the very most, play them in limited time), not get into a battle with a team that had something to play for.

zn23
04-14-2018, 04:09 PM
Raps will hammer the Wiz, probably win in about 5 games. The only game I'm not sure about is game 1, cause they never seem to be able to win game 1. But if they get past game one, you can pretty much look towards the next series.

They're deeper and better this year than in years past.

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 04:16 PM
Op updated with schedule & proj lineups

FlashBolt
04-14-2018, 05:48 PM
Wizards getting so underrated here.. I think they can make this tough and win.

AllBall
04-14-2018, 06:14 PM
Finally an interesting quarter of playoff basketball.

ewing
04-14-2018, 06:24 PM
Not sure what I said when this thread opened but Iím going Wiz in 6. I think it comes down to the back courts and Wall and Beal will get it done!

ewing
04-14-2018, 06:25 PM
Wizards getting so underrated here.. I think they can make this tough and win.

I agree. The Wizards are not a push over. Kelly was terrible on that 1st quarter though

Jamiecballer
04-14-2018, 06:30 PM
Lol yeah... barely .500 team that can't stand each other and is somehow much less than the sum of their parts. Totally underrated.

Jamiecballer
04-14-2018, 06:32 PM
Did we mention they were 10-15 or something like that after the all-star break.

ewing
04-14-2018, 06:34 PM
Lol yeah... barely .500 team that can't stand each other and is somehow much less than the sum of their parts. Totally underrated.

Iím just looking at Roasters and Iím taking the Wiz.

FlashBolt
04-14-2018, 06:36 PM
I see DeRozan and Lowry are back to playoff form.. lol

FlashBolt
04-14-2018, 06:38 PM

vs the Raptors? 100% they are getting underrated. They have a better backcourt IMO and I just trust them more than the Raptors. Sorry, it is what it is.

Jamiecballer
04-14-2018, 06:40 PM
Iím just looking at Roasters and Iím taking the Wiz.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat's what I mean, they are always underwhelming compared to the perceived talent

Jamiecballer
04-14-2018, 06:41 PM
vs the Raptors? 100% they are getting underrated. They have a better backcourt IMO and I just trust them more than the Raptors. Sorry, it is what it is.Your trust is not a fact though so ya

ewing
04-14-2018, 06:45 PM
That's what I mean, they are always underwhelming compared to the perceived talent

You talking about the Wiz or the Raptors in the post season?

Heediot
04-14-2018, 06:48 PM
DD and Lowry have less combined vs. 2 of the other starters, tied with JVal at 7, lol.

Raps started out nice and Bench played good.

DD is dishing the ball well though.

ewing
04-14-2018, 06:49 PM
Boy the refs came in looking for Gortat.

ewing
04-14-2018, 06:50 PM
DD and Lowry have less combined vs. 2 of the other starters, tied with JVal at 7, lol.

Raps started out nice and Bench played good.

DD is dishing the ball well though.

Howís that bench going to do on the road when the Wiz have it going though?

ewing
04-14-2018, 06:51 PM
Big half for Serge.

FlashBolt
04-14-2018, 07:05 PM
Your trust is not a fact though so ya

Doesn't have to be. They're underrated, period. Which is why this game has been close. Duh?

Heediot
04-14-2018, 07:08 PM
Howís that bench going to do on the road when the Wiz have it going though?

Yeah, personally I am concerned about how the unit will translate over the long course of the playoffs. They were solid in the first half, but I can see spurts of struggles coming up since they don't have that lethal bench scorer.

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:13 PM
Great start to the half by the raps. They are doing a real good job defending the paint. Washington is holding the ball too much on offense right now. The need to be quicker

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:13 PM
Wiz are going to need Beal. Surprised at how quite he has been

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Looks like they can get Gortat a little baby jumper any time

Heediot
04-14-2018, 07:26 PM
ibaka fts slow as ****.

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:26 PM
Kelly Oubre is awful. He didnít even say sorry after pegging Serge in the nuts,

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:27 PM
Entertaining game.

Heediot
04-14-2018, 07:27 PM
Kelly Oubre is awful. He didnít even say sorry after pegging Serge in the nuts,

ibaka got it coming to him. he has been known to hit others in that area numerous times.

smith&wesson
04-14-2018, 07:28 PM
ibaka got it coming to him. he has been known to hit others in that area numerous times.

What ? Where do you get this stuff from ? Lol Ibaka is known to hit ppl in the nuts ? I havenít seen that

Heediot
04-14-2018, 07:30 PM
What ? Where do you get this stuff from ? Lol Ibaka is known to hit ppl in the nuts ? I havenít seen that

just google his time with okc. he did one on bg on the clippers for sure. when i was following the clippers some other posters brang up some other incidents. it's a rare thing in ball, but he is one the biggest culprits when it does happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7IWtAsNVGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6bcRn8DBas

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:33 PM
Lets watch the replay for an hour.

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:36 PM
CJís locked and loaded

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:44 PM
Wright with a couple tough baskets. I really donít like how much Washington holds the ball in the half court. Toronto is helping so much on the drive if they just moved it a little quicker. Idk theyíve been pretty effective but itís often not pretty

Cal827
04-14-2018, 07:49 PM
I've never seen referees actually take points away from a team on a play (unless a foot on line 3 scenario)... Washington lost 2 points due to a Shot Clock Violation from a few minutes back.

Also, I'm happy that Lowry/Derozan showed up in the 2nd half :laugh2:

Though.. John Wall's gonna be a pain in the *** again .

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 07:52 PM
I just dont get how the wizards look better without wall... then you realize he just refuses to be a Kidd type PG that this team would excel with but prefers to try and act like Curry without ya know all the makes. STOP ****ING SHOOTING WALL AND DRIVE. Jesus christ

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:53 PM
What clear make up call after they missed the goal tend

ewing
04-14-2018, 07:55 PM
I just dont get how the wizards look better without wall... then you realize he just refuses to be a Kidd type PG that this team would excel with but prefers to try and act like Curry without ya know all the makes. STOP ****ING SHOOTING WALL AND DRIVE. Jesus christ

The Raptor really defended the bucket. They were totally leaving Morris, Gortat, and Scott so they could be waiting at the rim.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 08:00 PM
The Raptor really defended the bucket. They were totally leaving Morris, Gortat, and Scott so they could be waiting at the rim.

this is why ball/ben need a shot. Wall can dish it all day like nobody else but when his shot isnt falling he looks bad... thank god ben is 12 feet tall.

Cal827
04-14-2018, 08:00 PM
Wall is Driving, Lowry and Wright have been able to stop him for the most part in the 4th

ewing
04-14-2018, 08:03 PM
Wall is Driving, Lowry and Wright have been able to stop him for the most part in the 4th

Very good defensive effort. I thought Washington could have countered by going smaller and looking to beat the raps with more space and ball movement

ewing
04-14-2018, 08:06 PM
this is why ball/ben need a shot. Wall can dish it all day like nobody else but when his shot isnt falling he looks bad... thank god ben is 12 feet tall.

Yeah but Wall has more intestinal fortitude

FlashBolt
04-14-2018, 08:06 PM
Is John Wall the biggest crybaby I've ever seen? This guy is complaining every play...

ewing
04-14-2018, 08:07 PM
Is John Wall the biggest crybaby I've ever seen? This guy is complaining every play...

Thatís what NBA players do

aman_13
04-14-2018, 08:08 PM
Lowry was unbelievable defensively.

Cal827
04-14-2018, 08:09 PM
Thank jebus they actually won game one :dance:

Hopefully Vanvleet is back for game 2. The bench looked good, other than Poetl (who looked like he was a little nervous), but Noriega was ready to step in :laugh2:

The defense finally returned in the 4th quarter... And Derozan/Lowry did hit some key shots when they needed to... Their percentages weren't great, but they both helped defensively and to facilitate the offense.

It's so relieving to be up 1-0 in a series, rather than worry about falling into a hole.

Next up: Philly-Miami

zn23
04-14-2018, 08:10 PM
Sweep is basically imminent at this point. The Wiz have nothing.

Heediot
04-14-2018, 08:18 PM
wall was off with the layups tonight.

i thoink he was better off shooting for the night vs. driving, didn't check the stats though.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Yeah but Wall has more intestinal fortitude

what you call intestinal fortitude I call utter stupidity.

tredigs
04-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Raps shot 53% from the field and 53% from 3. Multiple bail out 3's from them that landed. Should've been a toss up game to be honest. No way in hell they are sweeping.

I'll be betting quite a bit on Wiz to cover + the under Game 2.

R. Johnson#3
04-15-2018, 10:18 AM
Raps shot 53% from the field and 53% from 3. Multiple bail out 3's from them that landed. Should've been a toss up game to be honest. No way in hell they are sweeping.

This post is great because you try to belittle the Raps win then talk about how you'll be betting on the Wiz to lose by a certain amount.

likemystylez
04-15-2018, 10:22 AM

all the wiz need is one of the first 2 and this series feels completely different.

Jamiecballer
04-15-2018, 05:36 PM
You talking about the Wiz or the Raptors in the post season?

that would require the Raptors to be getting lots of respect. no, the Raptors don't have the top tier talent to generally win in the post season or at least in years past. the wiz however have players that people recognize but are still slightly better than poop.

Jamiecballer
04-15-2018, 05:38 PM
Doesn't have to be. They're underrated, period. Which is why this game has been close. Duh?

oh oh oh i'm sorry flash, i forgot that most NBA games have the better team leading by 20 points or so from start to finish. great point.

tredigs
04-15-2018, 07:43 PM
This post is great because you try to belittle the Raps win then talk about how you'll be betting on the Wiz to lose by a certain amount.

You're confused, you must not sports bet I take it. I wasn't belittling (though it was in response to ZN thinking this was a clear sweep) I'm stating a fact and highlighting one reason why I like the Wiz to cover in G2. Might wait til G3 though, we'll see.

Heediot
04-15-2018, 07:43 PM
that would require the Raptors to be getting lots of respect. no, the Raptors don't have the top tier talent to generally win in the post season or at least in years past. the wiz however have players that people recognize but are still slightly better than poop.

say what you want about the wiz, but even with wall being out of sorts especially driving to the rim, missing layups and complaining about contact, they were still in despite the raps killing it from the field and 3. they were exchanging leads til mid fourth and the raps closed the game a tonne better. but the wiz are relatively experienced considering the youth of their main guys and have been there and done well late before. just take caution. it appears whoever closes out games better should take the series.

Jamiecballer
04-15-2018, 10:59 PM
say what you want about the wiz, but even with wall being out of sorts especially driving to the rim, missing layups and complaining about contact, they were still in despite the raps killing it from the field and 3. they were exchanging leads til mid fourth and the raps closed the game a tonne better. but the wiz are relatively experienced considering the youth of their main guys and have been there and done well late before. just take caution. it appears whoever closes out games better should take the series.Look, I'm a Raptors fan, I'm used to disappointment so there is a part of me that wouldn't be surprised if they **** the bed. But the wizards are so inferior based on how these 2 teams played over 82 games and it's truth - the wizards have players who are generally seen in a favorable light yet they still don't add up to what other less talented teams have been able to do. I don't know if it's personalities or what but they should be plenty better.

Heediot
04-16-2018, 06:19 AM
Look, I'm a Raptors fan, I'm used to disappointment so there is a part of me that wouldn't be surprised if they **** the bed. But the wizards are so inferior based on how these 2 teams played over 82 games and it's truth - the wizards have players who are generally seen in a favorable light yet they still don't add up to what other less talented teams have been able to do. I don't know if it's personalities or what but they should be plenty better.

If the Wiz can gel, they are still a tough out IMO despite the regular season struggles. The year they swept Toronto, they lost the season series 3-1 or 4-0, so we will see.

WaDe03
04-16-2018, 09:37 AM
This is going to be a good series. Neither 8th seed should be an 8th seed but they are due to injury. I wouldn't be surprised with an upset here.

R. Johnson#3
04-16-2018, 09:46 AM
You're confused, you must not sports bet I take it. I wasn't belittling (though it was in response to ZN thinking this was a clear sweep) I'm stating a fact and highlighting one reason why I like the Wiz to cover in G2. Might wait til G3 though, we'll see.

No, I understand sports betting. Youíre picking an underdog to cover, meaning they have to lose by a certain amount. In this case itís less than 7.

ChongInc.
04-16-2018, 12:44 PM
It would be sweet revenge to get a sweep.

bucketss
04-17-2018, 05:29 PM
steady freddy is good to go, he will play.

ChongInc.
04-17-2018, 06:42 PM
You know who's really a dissapointment annually (other than the series Paul Pierce won for them against the raptors)... The wizards. In the post season and regular season.

Shamelessly bumping my own comment here.

Heediot
04-17-2018, 07:22 PM
Is that Valanciunis or Arvydas!?!

tredigs
04-17-2018, 07:31 PM
Save some of this unconscious shooting for the later series, damn boys!

tredigs
04-17-2018, 07:34 PM
Raps broke their playoff franchise record for 3's in G1, and are going to do it again tonight? This is an impressive shooting display by Toronto to start the series. Glad I waited on pulling the trigger on Washington. Tough team to trust on the road.

Heediot
04-17-2018, 07:38 PM
Raps are fire these playoffs.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Is Scott Brooks seriously this worried about Wall and Beal fouling out of this game that he's benching them extended minutes this early? Seems FAR too overly cautious in a game that's very close to getting completely out of hand.

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 07:47 PM
Is Scott Brooks seriously this worried about Wall and Beal fouling out of this game that he's benching them extended minutes this early? Seems FAR too overly cautious in a game that's very close to getting completely out of hand.

I think it's because when they were on the floor the Raps were scoring at will.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 07:48 PM
There's 8:30 to go in the 2nd quarter and the most possible minutes John Wall could play tonight is 36. Not exactly ideal for a team with no depth.

I think it's because when they were on the floor the Raps were scoring at will.
They scored at will all quarter and he played 4 minutes. You gotta stick with your best player(s). This is the playoffs.

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 07:52 PM
They scored at will all quarter and he played 4 minutes. You gotta stick with your best player(s). This is the playoffs.

Well, Wall sat mainly cause of the foul trouble. You simply can't play in the 1st quarter with 2 fouls. My comment was more so directed at Beal. Although Lawson seems to be doing a good job for the time being.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 07:57 PM
Well, Wall sat mainly cause of the foul trouble. You simply can't play in the 1st quarter with 2 fouls. My comment was more so directed at Beal. Although Lawson seems to be doing a good job for the time being.

You really can play with 2 fouls, especially if a game is getting out of hand. This isn't a center going against Shaq, they're guards who never, ever foul out.

It's all irrelevant for them if CJ Miles plays like Larry Bird though.

zn23
04-17-2018, 07:58 PM
Sweep imminent...

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 08:00 PM
You really can play with 2 fouls, especially if a game is getting out of hand. This isn't a center going against Shaq, they're guards who never, ever foul out.

It's all irrelevant for them if CJ Miles plays like Larry Bird though.

Except the bench was actually doing better than the starters were so no, you don't bring Wall back in the 1st Q.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 08:04 PM
Except the bench was actually doing better than the starters were so no, you don't bring Wall back in the 1st Q.

Lol OK dude. And that wasn't because they slightly cooled off from their 5-5 from 3 start? Sticking with Ty Lawson outta China? GL with that. I'd rather stick with their All Stars who got them there.

Anyway, this game's over. On to Celtics/Bucks.

Heediot
04-17-2018, 08:08 PM
Jonas with the double dribble lol. WTF is drake complaining about?

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 08:11 PM
Lol OK dude. And that wasn't because they slightly cooled off from their 5-5 from 3 start? Sticking with Ty Lawson outta China? GL with that. I'd rather stick with their All Stars who got them there.

Anyway, this game's over. On to Celtics/Bucks.

Ty Lawson got 8 dimes in 12 minutes but yeah, bench him for your star PG with 2 fouls.

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 08:15 PM
lol @ John Wall falling down

tredigs
04-17-2018, 08:21 PM
Ty Lawson got 8 dimes in 12 minutes but yeah, bench him for your star PG with 2 fouls.
You're not going to convince me or anyone who watches basketball that it's smart to keep a healthy John Wall benched in favor of Ty Lawson. A guy who they just picked off a Chinese roster for the playoffs. How many fouls did Wall finish with? 2. How many times has Wall fouled out in his career? He hasn't. Unless you TRULY think Ty Lawson is how you mount your comeback, it's not worth sitting your best player for the majority of the half because he has 2 fouls. Takes him/them out of rhythm and it's just a terrible precedent to set. It's an old school coach move to sit them in a spot like that. The smart coaches know better now.

Cal827
04-17-2018, 08:47 PM
While I'm happy the Raptors are up big right now, I'm a little concerned. The Wizards are scoring at a very high rate too. They need to tighten up defensively, or the Wizards might pull right back.

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 08:52 PM
You're not going to convince me or anyone who watches basketball that it's smart to keep a healthy John Wall benched in favor of Ty Lawson. A guy who they just picked off a Chinese roster for the playoffs. How many fouls did Wall finish with? 2. How many times has Wall fouled out in his career? He hasn't. Unless you TRULY think Ty Lawson is how you mount your comeback, it's not worth sitting your best player for the majority of the half because he has 2 fouls. Takes him/them out of rhythm and it's just a terrible precedent to set. It's an old school coach move to sit them in a spot like that. The smart coaches know better now.

I don't care about anything that's happened in the past. I care about what's happening in the moment and in that moment Ty Lawson was actually playing well. You're really going to some extremes to try and prove your point. You will not convince me that bringing Wall back in with 2 fouls in the 1st Q when his backup is playing much better than he was is a good idea. I can assure you that. If Lawson was playing like crap then that's a different story but he wasn't.

Cal827
04-17-2018, 08:56 PM
Guys, why are we fighting? We want the same thing; only Tre want the number to be closer for his betting purposes :laugh2:

Cal827
04-17-2018, 09:00 PM
:facepalm: great way to end the quarter

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 09:01 PM
Yeah I don't understand why they keep jacking up 3's with a big lead. Run plays and get to the basket.

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 09:02 PM
I wonder if FVV plays the 4th?

tredigs
04-17-2018, 09:02 PM
Guys, why are we fighting? We want the same thing; only Tre want the number to be closer for his betting purposes :laugh2:

Lol nah, I don't care about this one. Didn't bet it.

Raps finally came back down to earth in that 3rd. Fighting chance for the Wiz now.

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 09:04 PM
Hahahaha wow on the Raps broadcast Sam Mitchell just said, "Build that Wall! Build that Wall!" in regards to guarding John Wall.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 09:05 PM
The Wiz just look constantly out of sorts on both ends, especially defensively. Poorly coached.

Cal827
04-17-2018, 09:17 PM
John Wall proving that he's a top 3-5 pg in this league.. Unbelievable effort on both ends right now :laugh2:

zn23
04-17-2018, 09:27 PM
The only reason these games end up close is because Lowry continues to play like a bum. He's not coming close to playing like a $30M player.

Hopefully he finds his grove and confidence before facing Cavs in round 2.

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 09:28 PM
Love how the Raps bounced back after an abysmal 3rd quarter.

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 09:31 PM
The only reason these games end up close is because Lowry continues to play like a bum. He's not coming close to playing like a $30M player.

He's had a bad game shooting wise but has found other ways to help. It's still not worth 30 mil but it's better than the Lowry we've seen in previous post seasons.

zn23
04-17-2018, 09:32 PM
Speaking of bums, Eric Bledsoe is getting outplayed by Terry Rozier again and that just can't happen. Rozier is underrated, but Bledsoe has to be that 2nd guy for the Bucs.

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 09:35 PM
DeMar had an absolute monster game tonight. 37 points on 61% shooting. 50% from 3.

bucketss
04-17-2018, 09:39 PM
garbage time making the game closer than it looked but its better than running the score up like sixers did

aman_13
04-17-2018, 09:40 PM

He's played really well. Yes his shot is off but he's been great at making the right reads and has played excellent defense. The game is more than just Lowry hitting shots or not.

goingfor28
04-17-2018, 09:43 PM
Lowry is trash

Toxeryll
04-17-2018, 09:45 PM
He's played really well. Yes his shot is off but he's been great at making the right reads and has played excellent defense. The game is more than just Lowry hitting shots or not.

I agree. Im one of Lowrys biggest critics but hes done a lot of good things these past two games aside from scoring. Obviously hes not worth 30M per year but ill take it since hes playing relatively better compared to his playoffs standards.

Cal827
04-17-2018, 09:50 PM
I'm just happy that Lowry is focused on doing the other things. He's been great defensively so far, and has been able to really facilitate the offense. It's a fresh start compared to last playoffs where his ineffectiveness/turnovers/defensive fails led to the Bucks series going longer than it had to (including blowing the 26 point lead), and Cleveland pasting them in the couple games he was there before injury.

zn23
04-17-2018, 09:52 PM
I'm just happy that Lowry is focused on doing the other things. He's been great defensively so far, and has been able to really facilitate the offense. It's a fresh start compared to last playoffs where his ineffectiveness/turnovers/defensive fails led to the Bucks series going longer than it had to (including blowing the 26 point lead), and Cleveland pasting them in the couple games he was there before injury.

He'll have to start hitting shots vs. Cavs. I do agree that he's been solid defensively, but he has to be more assertive on offense.

R. Johnson#3
04-17-2018, 10:00 PM
He'll have to start hitting shots vs. Cavs. I do agree that he's been solid defensively, but he has to be more assertive on offense.

No need to be when DeMar isn't missing. He did what he had to do to help win the game. There's no way I want anyone taking shots away from DeMar when he's hot.

aman_13
04-17-2018, 10:05 PM
Lowry is trash

If you don't understand or watch the game.

Cal827
04-17-2018, 10:26 PM
Nevermind

LanceUpperCut
04-17-2018, 10:38 PM
Yeah I donít get the Lowry hate right now. Sure he had a rough game from 3 but he was great overall. Finding the guys who are hot some big boards and some great defense.

JV was really good tonight too and Gorat was complete and utter trash.

goingfor28
04-17-2018, 11:37 PM
If you don't understand or watch the game.Lowry is trash. 3 for 10. 1 for 8 from 3. He better put up double digit assists like he did tonight bc he sure as **** wasn't scoring. Game plan: pass ball to DD.

Jamiecballer
04-17-2018, 11:54 PM
Lowry is trash. 3 for 10. 1 for 8 from 3. He better put up double digit assists like he did tonight bc he sure as **** wasn't scoring. Game plan: pass ball to DD.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkHe shoots 60% of his shots from beyond the arc. If he has a tough night there the field goal percentage suffers. But he's been pretty strong overall and huge on the defensive end so far. He can play like this and I certainly won't complain.

ChongInc.
04-18-2018, 10:41 AM
Lowry was huge in both games. How are ppl hating in him lol? We've scored a ton against Washington in the first 2 games. Lowrys offensive production has been a huge contributing factor.

ewing
04-18-2018, 10:44 AM
Raps proving me wrong so far

R. Johnson#3
04-18-2018, 04:42 PM
Lowry was huge in both games. How are ppl hating in him lol? We've scored a ton against Washington in the first 2 games. Lowrys offensive production has been a huge contributing factor.

Because just like the regular season, nobody actually watches our games. Now they just look at the box score and make their claims based on that. Anyone who actually watched the game knows how well Lowry played.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 05:21 PM
You gotta think John Wall might get traded next season. The team played better without him (oddly enough) and no one on the team seems to respect him as a person. I'd like to see him on the Knicks.

R. Johnson#3
04-18-2018, 05:44 PM
You gotta think John Wall might get traded next season. The team played better without him (oddly enough) and no one on the team seems to respect him as a person. I'd like to see him on the Knicks.

Makes no sense to trade him. He's on a mx deal coming off knee surgery. His value won't be too high.

Edit: His value will still obviously be high just not as high as it could be.

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 06:15 PM
Makes no sense to trade him. He's on a mx deal coming off knee surgery. His value won't be too high.

Edit: His value will still obviously be high just not as high as it could be.

I'm sure some teams are willing to trade for him. I mean, he's still an elite PG when healthy. We haven't seen enough to judge him so far since the injury but locker room issues is a huge problem and when you have a roster who simply doesn't like him, it's much easier to trade that one guy. Wall's problem is he isn't a good leader. And that's something not every player has. Dude has a huge ego so I'm pretty sure he's tough to play with.

R. Johnson#3
04-18-2018, 06:16 PM
I'm sure some teams are willing to trade for him. I mean, he's still an elite PG when healthy. We haven't seen enough to judge him so far since the injury but locker room issues is a huge problem and when you have a roster who simply doesn't like him, it's much easier to trade that one guy. Wall's problem is he isn't a good leader. And that's something not every player has. Dude has a huge ego so I'm pretty sure he's tough to play with.

I haven't heard anything about teammates not liking him. Do you have any links?

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 06:24 PM
I haven't heard anything about teammates not liking him. Do you have any links?

Beal and Wall had issues. They've tried to force themselves to like each other but never worked.

Gortat publicly shamed Wall and took shots at him. Wall took shots at him as well in response to it.

And when you consider that they played better without him, it's something to go unnoticed.

ďItís fun. Itís the game of basketball. Everybody can share the wealth,Ē reserve forward Kelly Oubre Jr. said with a smile following the Wizardsí win over the Indiana Pacers on Monday. ďEverybody eats, you know.Ē

This was when Wall missed those games.

Unbelievable win tonight ! Great "team" victory! - Marcin Gortat

ďHe gets the most assists from me and the most spoon-fed baskets ever" 😳 - John Wall responds to Gortat

J.J. Barea was called a midget by Wall.. shows Wall's true personality. J.J. Barea responds by saying, "your teammates hate you." I believe that was before Wall was injured and Gortat took shots at him. Still, Barea probably knows, hears, and sees things on the court that we don't.

R. Johnson#3
04-18-2018, 06:28 PM
Beal and Wall had issues. They've tried to force themselves to like each other but never worked.

Gortat publicly shamed Wall and took shots at him. Wall took shots at him as well in response to it.

And when you consider that they played better without him, it's something to go unnoticed.

ďItís fun. Itís the game of basketball. Everybody can share the wealth,Ē reserve forward Kelly Oubre Jr. said with a smile following the Wizardsí win over the Indiana Pacers on Monday. ďEverybody eats, you know.Ē

This was when Wall missed those games.

Unbelievable win tonight ! Great "team" victory! - Marcin Gortat

ďHe gets the most assists from me and the most spoon-fed baskets ever" 😳 - John Wall responds to Gortat

J.J. Barea was called a midget by Wall.. shows Wall's true personality. J.J. Barea responds by saying, "your teammates hate you." I believe that was before Wall was injured and Gortat took shots at him. Still, Barea probably knows, hears, and sees things on the court that we don't.

To be fair, JJ is really small.

Didn't know about all that stuff though.

ChongInc.
04-19-2018, 11:20 AM
Basketball is such a fickle sport like that where it's all about the top end talent, but those guys are worthless without the rest of the team performing.

ChongInc.
04-19-2018, 11:21 AM
That's why it's so amazing what GS has done. The challenge is in the cohesiveness.

smith&wesson
04-21-2018, 11:42 AM
Iíd be glad to trade Lowry for Wall if the wizards donít want him lol ...

aman_13
04-21-2018, 12:57 PM
Well disappointing game for Raps fans but the Wizards are no 8th seed. Beal was due and he showed up big.

ChongInc.
04-21-2018, 01:54 PM
Well disappointing game for Raps fans but the Wizards are no 8th seed. Beal was due and he showed up big.

Yes they are. 1 loss means nothing when Cleveland is down 2-1.

Raps in 5.

aman_13
04-21-2018, 01:56 PM
I don't get where that confidence is coming from. These teams look evenly matched.

bucketss
04-21-2018, 02:20 PM
raps are hiding something about fred doesn't seem like a bruised shoulder

ChongInc.
04-21-2018, 02:20 PM
I don't get where that confidence is coming from. These teams look evenly matched.

They do not. The wiz look like they had one good game, largely due to the refs lopsided calling the home game. The proof will be in how Toronto responds next game. They've been great at bouncing back all season. Only team in the league to not lose more than 2 consecutive games all year. I bet we blow the next game out.

goingfor28
04-21-2018, 05:31 PM
I don't get where that confidence is coming from. These teams look evenly matched.Agreed. This series could just as easily be 2-1 Wizards. Game 1 was close until the end.

aman_13
04-21-2018, 06:08 PM
Agreed. This series could just as easily be 2-1 Wizards. Game 1 was close until the end.

Yup and imo the Wizards are more talented. If the Raps lose tmw, this series is going 7.

aman_13
04-21-2018, 06:14 PM
They do not. The wiz look like they had one good game, largely due to the refs lopsided calling the home game. The proof will be in how Toronto responds next game. They've been great at bouncing back all season. Only team in the league to not lose more than 2 consecutive games all year. I bet we blow the next game out.

I hope they win but the Raps have not played well defensively for a month and they have not been able to stop the Wizards from scoring in this series. I'd be surprised by a blowout.

smith&wesson
04-21-2018, 06:15 PM
Yup and imo the Wizards are more talented. If the Raps lose tmw, this series is going 7.

More talented ? You have a case with Wall as he is a special talent but the rest of the roster isnít anymore talented than the players on the raps.

I do agree they are pretty evenly matched though. The Wall injury def affected their momentum otherwise the wizards would be higher in the standings for sure.

zn23
04-21-2018, 08:32 PM
It was a game the Wizards had to win, and they did. A bunch of their bum players ended up hitting shots they normally wouldn't hit. Plus Beal couldn't miss.

Raps will win game 4, and then finished them off in game 5.

Jamiecballer
04-21-2018, 09:39 PM
It was a game the Wizards had to win, and they did. A bunch of their bum players ended up hitting shots they normally wouldn't hit. Plus Beal couldn't miss.

Raps will win game 4, and then finished them off in game 5.Yup my expectations as well. Raps are much better and way more consistent.

goingfor28
04-21-2018, 10:37 PM
Yup my expectations as well. Raps are much better and way more consistent.

Sent from my SM-A520W using TapatalkThey're not "much better." They're probably the most garbage 1 seed in a loooong time.

koreancabbage
04-22-2018, 07:53 AM
They're not "much better." They're probably the most garbage 1 seed in a loooong time.

Lol one of the best regular season teams defensively and offensively. Top 5 in each, if not, top 10. They are WAY better than the Wizards, who are pure garbage - Wizards probably wouldnít have made the playoffs if balanced schedule and only top 16 teams league wide made the playoffs. Now thatís garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

koreancabbage
04-22-2018, 07:54 AM
Agreed. This series could just as easily be 2-1 Wizards. Game 1 was close until the end.

Nope.

Jamiecballer
04-22-2018, 08:29 AM
They're not "much better." They're probably the most garbage 1 seed in a loooong time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkThey are much better. Try watching the regular season instead of just tuning in every 12 months and you would have a more informed opinion

ChongInc.
04-22-2018, 12:11 PM

2-0 against Houston.

Top 5 in defense and offense.

Only team in the league to not lose more that 2 games in a row.

+ We're missing a player who led the league in 4th quarter minutes.

ChongInc.
04-22-2018, 12:14 PM
Toronto is superior to the wiz in every way except starting PG pure talent, Lowry still has the edge everywhere else.

Toxeryll
04-22-2018, 01:22 PM

:laugh:

Try harder.

zn23
04-22-2018, 06:34 PM
The Raps are really missing Fred.

zn23
04-22-2018, 06:36 PM
That was a clean block...

Heediot
04-22-2018, 06:45 PM
The Raps are really missing Fred.

Meh.

In college when I followed him at Wichita State, the guys had a tendency to let pressure situations get to him maybe things have changed. OTOH Cleanthony Early was more clutch in College, but fizzled in the nba.

Cal827
04-22-2018, 07:12 PM
Man, Derozan and these turnovers are killing us right now.. We should be up by a fair bit right now :laugh2:

R. Johnson#3
04-22-2018, 07:20 PM
Hate that itís halftime because DeMar went from 0 to 100 in the last couple minutes. That last spin move was so nasty!

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 07:48 PM
Why not cousins for beal.... it seems like that trade makes both teams instantly better.

smith&wesson
04-22-2018, 07:56 PM
Why not cousins for beal.... it seems like that trade makes both teams instantly better.

That would make lot of sense for both teams

Cal827
04-22-2018, 07:56 PM
Jesus Christ, it's like someone went into a 2k slider and put the Raptors general awareness all the way down... They've been playing good defense, but some of these turnovers :pity:

smith&wesson
04-22-2018, 08:02 PM
Demar!!!

R. Johnson#3
04-22-2018, 08:05 PM
Lol that shot going in isnít a good sign.

Cal827
04-22-2018, 08:06 PM
They gave up 40 points in the half..... they just gave up 40 points in the 3rd with that those TOs and stupidity.... :pity:

They need to buckle down and probably pull Miles out right now

R. Johnson#3
04-22-2018, 08:12 PM
Not a pretty start to the 4th but Iíll take it.

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 08:15 PM
wall will never win ****... he legit thinks hes curry out in this *****... stop ****ing shooting for **** sake.

Cal827
04-22-2018, 08:20 PM
Raptors keep shooting themselves in the foot

Cal827
04-22-2018, 08:21 PM
I don't know why exactly they aren't attacking Beal on the offensive end. He's been killing them but he has 5 fouls

R. Johnson#3
04-22-2018, 08:24 PM
I don't know why exactly they aren't attacking Beal on the offensive end. He's been killing them but he has 5 fouls

Itís confusing because heís been killing us all game. Youíd think they want him out?

R. Johnson#3
04-22-2018, 08:25 PM
Now Beal is flopping haha

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 08:28 PM
that is a really really terrible call lol

More-Than-Most
Now Beal is flopping haha

are you kidding?

ewing
Thatís as bad a call as you will see

R. Johnson#3
04-22-2018, 08:29 PM
Okay, we just got gifted a Beal ejection. We have to win this game.

R. Johnson#3
04-22-2018, 08:29 PM
are you kidding?

When he claimed he got hit in the head? Nobody touched him lol

Cal827
04-22-2018, 08:30 PM
:laugh2: That one was lucky

More-Than-Most
04-22-2018, 08:30 PM
i just dont see how that call can be mad lol... like what could the refs see to have said ya know what that is on BB... He was stationary in the spot for a while and DD ran right into him.

Cal827
04-22-2018, 08:35 PM
Raptors need to stop complaining and get the hell back up the court.

goingfor28
04-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Great series between two evenly matched teams.

Cal827
04-22-2018, 08:41 PM
Talk about a collapse :laugh2:

Looks like it's a best of 3 now.

One Nut Kruk
04-22-2018, 08:46 PM
Yes they are. 1 loss means nothing when Cleveland is down 2-1.

Raps in 5.

Raps will win game 4, and then finished them off in game 5.

Yup my expectations as well. Raps are much better and way more consistent.

Lol one of the best regular season teams defensively and offensively. Top 5 in each, if not, top 10. They are WAY better than the Wizards, who are pure garbage - Wizards probably wouldnít have made the playoffs if balanced schedule and only top 16 teams league wide made the playoffs. Now thatís garbage.

They are much better. Try watching the regular season instead of just tuning in every 12 months and you would have a more informed opinion

Where these guys at tonight?

ewing
04-22-2018, 08:46 PM
Great series between two evenly matched teams.

totally :)

zn23
04-22-2018, 08:47 PM
This series shouldn't be close. The Raps are a much better team but the problem is that the Raps are turning the ball over at a high rate which is leading to points. Derozan couldn't buy a mid range shot to save his life.

ewing
04-22-2018, 08:49 PM
This series shouldn't be close. The Raps are a much better team but the problem is that the Raps are turning the ball over at a high rate which is leading to points. Derozan couldn't buy a mid range shot to save his life.

they should decide not to turn it over then right? Or maybe you should give some credit to the other team

zn23
04-22-2018, 08:50 PM
i just dont see how that call can be mad lol... like what could the refs see to have said ya know what that is on BB... He was stationary in the spot for a while and DD ran right into him.

I'm Ok with the call. There was a call early in the 3rd quarter that changed the game as well. Beal hit Lowry clearly across the head, which would've resulted in his 4th foul, but they gave the foul to Morris instead which kept Beal in the game long enough to hit 2 3s (6 points) until he actually got his 4th foul 4 minutes later. Had they properly called that foul early, he would've been taken out and his impact wouldn't have been as much.

Towards the end there were two make up calls. One clearly a foul on Morris on Derozan following a spin move that wasn't called, and then Lowry drove in got hit from behind, no call.

The Wiz can't complain about the refs on this one.

j-bay
04-22-2018, 08:52 PM
Raptors fans. You want to take it to the next level? Get rid of Lowry. That is not a 28 million dollar player.

One Nut Kruk
04-22-2018, 08:52 PM

Perhaps they arenít quite as great as you think they are and Washington isnít quite as bad as you think they are.

zn23
04-22-2018, 08:53 PM
they should decide not to turn it over then right? Or maybe you should give some credit to the other team

Of the 17 turnovers I would say about 8 were unforced. 3 of them were "panic turnovers", where the raps get a turnover, or block a shot, and then quickly try to pass the ball only for someone on the Wiz to quickly get into a passing lane and intercept it. The other 5 are turnovers where they're in transition and making a awful pass out of bounds.

This game was decided on turnovers. While the Wizards played good defense, there were a ton of self inflicted wounds by the Raps.

zn23
04-22-2018, 08:54 PM
Raptors fans. You want to take it to the next level? Get rid of Lowry. That is not a 28 million dollar player.

In general, I would agree. But I can hardly blame him for this loss.

Cal827
04-22-2018, 08:55 PM
Oh yeah, the Wizards are fighting hard, but the Raptors are choking a bit too. 1 vs 8 should not be this close, A top seed should be able to close the game; they were up by 15 at one point, and were also up 8 in the 4th. They also benefitted from the other team's crazy shooter fouling out... But they couldn't close it because Derozan kept forcing shots up, and the turnovers became rampant. Now as a Raptor fan, have to worry about what happens Wednesday :laugh2:

Instead of not having to extend themselves for a long series, now Toronto has to worry about not only a long series, but the urgent issue that if they don't win game 5, they likely be joining some other notorious teams after Friday night.

Also, I still want that idiot who decided to go for 60 wins instead of resting the guys in the final games (which is the game where Vanvleet separated his shoulder) off the team, as soon as this season is over.

zn23
04-22-2018, 08:56 PM
Perhaps they arenít quite as great as you think they are and Washington isnít quite as bad as you think they are.

I'll only agree, if the Wiz win the series. Cause right now, nothing the Wizards are doing is really impressive. They're winning games because of how sloppy the Raps are playing.

Raps in 6.

j-bay
04-22-2018, 08:59 PM
In general, I would agree. But I can hardly blame him for this loss.

You expect a 28 million dollar player to do more. Seems like he only does well unless there is something in it for him.

aman_13
04-22-2018, 08:59 PM
And predictably, it's going 6 and I don't see how any Raptors fan can say with confidence it is ending in 6. The Wizards played like **** and the Raptors still couldn't take care of business. It's so frustrating being a Raps fan.

papipapsmanny
04-22-2018, 09:00 PM
Didn't the Wizards have a winning record against better than .500 teams? Why do people think the Raptors are the clear cut better team... wasn't the regular season series even?

Raptors may very well win, but lets stop ignoring the reality that the Wizards are very much just as talented, and capable of winning this series

Jamiecballer
04-22-2018, 09:03 PM
Well I'm embarrassed. Losing to a team like Washington should make Casey verrrrry uncomfortable.

zn23
04-22-2018, 09:06 PM
People also need to keep in mind that Fred VanVleet is injured and he's one of the best 6th men in the league.

If he comes back, which they're saying it could be next game Toronto, the Raps should get back to business as usual.

Cal827
04-22-2018, 09:07 PM
What scares me is that the Raptors seemed to revert to what killed them last season. I mean, they passed the ball around a bit more, but again once certain guys got the ball, they became black holes. Derozan (I know he was trying to score late), but he definitely shouldn't have shot the ball 30 times at the clip he was going at. Miles, kept looking for a shot, which meant he held the ball longer than he should, leading to more turnovers. In some of their other drives led to some absolutely terrible passes as they held on for so long, then weren't committal to what they were going to do.

They basically went into hero ball (especially in the 2nd half)... Casey needs to get these guys going. If he doesn't, then he needs to be fired.

Cal827
04-22-2018, 09:10 PM
People also need to keep in mind that Fred VanVleet is injured and he's one of the best 6th men in the league.

If he comes back, which they're saying it could be next game Toronto, the Raps should get back to business as usual.

There's a couple variables though... mainly, how well is he going to be in his first minutes back? If he's rusty, then it doesn't help. Wright has done a pretty good job off the bench, so our bench pg play isn't the problem.

Now if we can get Ibaka, Miles and Derozan not to turnover the ball 4 times each, that'd be great :laugh2:

ewing
04-22-2018, 09:11 PM

I LOVE Fred Van Vleet but if is the difference its not a lopsided match up

aman_13
04-22-2018, 09:16 PM
I really hope the Raptors move Ibaka in the off season.

ewing
04-22-2018, 09:17 PM
Pacers gotta stop ball. Cavs doing a good job pushing

ewing
04-22-2018, 09:19 PM
Always been a Corey Joseph fan. He doesn't seem to have a lot of impact on this team. Any Indy/SA/Tor fans have some insight on him?

ewing
04-22-2018, 09:32 PM
Always been a Corey Joseph fan. He doesn't seem to have a lot of impact on this team. Any Indy/SA/Tor fans have some insight on him?

sorry wrong thread

One Nut Kruk
04-22-2018, 09:41 PM

But this series shouldnít even be close. Great 1 seed vs a terrible 8 seed remember? But now the excuse is Fred Van Fleet being out?

Pfeifer
04-22-2018, 09:53 PM
This should very much be a close series but the Raps got jobbed in this one. Why is it that Raps players can get hit in the head for common fouls yet the Raps are getting called for everything. That was a BS call to foul out Beal but he should have been gone already. Then to swallow the whistle? Last 2 min report should be interesting.

aman_13
04-22-2018, 09:56 PM
And Beal can kick rocks with him complaining about being fouled out. The refs did everything they could to keep him in the game. He hit Lowry in the head on the and 1 and they changed the foul to Morris.

One Nut Kruk
04-22-2018, 09:58 PM
This should very much be a close series but the Raps got jobbed in this one. Why is it that Raps players can get hit in the head for common fouls yet the Raps are getting called for everything. That was a BS call to foul out Beal but he should have been gone already. Then to swallow the whistle? Last 2 min report should be interesting.

The Raptors definitely got jobbed a bit but I donít think it is very uncommon for the home team to get favourable calls in an NBA game.

canzano55
04-22-2018, 10:46 PM
Didn't the Wizards have a winning record against better than .500 teams? Why do people think the Raptors are the clear cut better team... wasn't the regular season series even?

Raptors may very well win, but lets stop ignoring the reality that the Wizards are very much just as talented, and capable of winning this seriesYou're absolutely right and don't expect Raptor fans to agree with you because I suspect we're losing our collective ability to think and rationalize based on the erratic tempermanent I've been seeing online.

The truth is the Raptors are not a dominant entity in the NBA - they never were. What they are is a tightly run organization with a highly functioning coaching/roster resulting in competent basketball over a long season. Its netted them more wins than losses but nothing more than that - or at least nothing that would resemble any kind of reverence that you would associate with a Rockets or GSW team to be sure.

What the Raptors resemble - when looked at more closely and objectively - is a unit of survivors. They've been surviving from game 1 of the regular season. I suspect they will "survive" this series (if barely) and possibly beyond, but you can't expect anything more from them I'm afraid.

ewing
04-22-2018, 11:56 PM
You're absolutely right and don't expect Raptor fans to agree with you because I suspect we're losing our collective ability to think and rationalize based on the erratic tempermanent I've been seeing online.

The truth is the Raptors are not a dominant entity in the NBA - they never were. What they are is a tightly run organization with a highly functioning coaching/roster resulting in competent basketball over a long season. Its netted them more wins than losses but nothing more than that - or at least nothing that would resemble any kind of reverence that you would associate with a Rockets or GSW team to be sure.

What the Raptors resemble - when looked at more closely and objectively - is a unit of survivors. They've been surviving from game 1 of the regular season. I suspect they will "survive" this series (if barely) and possibly beyond, but you can't expect anything more from them I'm afraid.

Good post.

smith&wesson
04-23-2018, 01:57 AM
Gotta give them credit, Wall and Beal players a great game and I think that was the difference tonight. They out played Torontoís back court no doubt.

R. Johnson#3
04-23-2018, 08:25 AM
The Raps didnít deserve that game. After DeMar got every whistle in the 1st half him and the entire Raptor team just decided that jump shots were the way to go in the 2nd half. It was mind boggling. Yeah the calls went more in Washingtonís favour but thatís going to happen when youíre moving the ball and constantly attacking. We reverted back to ISO ball in the 2nd half and it was hideous.

The fact that we couldnít put it away after Beal fouled out is embarrassing. Especially because DeMar shouldíve been attacking his replacement.

The kids looked exactly like kids these past 2 games as well. Iím a huge fan of Poeltl but he was getting eaten alive by Gortat down low. Poeltl committed like 9 fouls yesterday. I think Delon has let games 1 and 2 go to his head. Heís attacking the rack expecting calls on fadeaway layups as a young reserve. Casey needs to give him a reality check and let him know those calls wonít come for years. Also CJ Miles needs some screens set for him! Dude is a catch and shoot sniper, not a guy who puts the ball on the floor. The whole team was a mess from top to bottom yesterday. We were the Raptors of last year.

Jamiecballer
04-23-2018, 01:00 PM
The young bench definitely played like a group of inexperienced kids in Washington, which I suppose I should have anticipated but they were so damn good and so consistent no matter the situation that i honestly dodnt think they would fold. They should be much better than this. If the Raptors lose it will be a huge embarrassment for a team that has had plenty of embarrassments before.

WaDe03
04-23-2018, 01:12 PM
I tried to tell y'all this would be a good series with a potential upset. The Wizards shouldn't have been 8th.

aman_13
04-23-2018, 01:13 PM
^That's a captain obvious take.

WaDe03
04-23-2018, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't say that based on the comments in here and the fact that no one in the poll picked the Wizards.

aman_13
04-23-2018, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't say that based on the comments in here and the fact that no one in the poll picked the Wizards.

It still doesn't change the notion that it was obvious. The Wizards are talented and one can argue more talented than the Raptors. 6 or 7 games was a prediction many should of had if they paid attention to both teams.

Jamiecballer
04-23-2018, 01:36 PM
It still doesn't change the notion that it was obvious. The Wizards are talented and one can argue more talented than the Raptors. 6 or 7 games was a prediction many should of had if they paid attention to both teams.Bah. If you paid attention? To what, the names on the jerseys or the 82 game season that showed the wizards to be the definition of mediocrity? 14 in offense. 15th in defense. Last playoff team in is just about right for a league that lets 16 in. Our play has been downright embarrassing. The story of this series is an embarrassing number of unforced turnovers.

aman_13
04-23-2018, 01:49 PM
Bah. If you paid attention? To what, the names on the jerseys or the 82 game season that showed the wizards to be the definition of mediocrity? 14 in offense. 15th in defense. Last playoff team in is just about right for a league that lets 16 in. Our play has been downright embarrassing. The story of this series is an embarrassing number of unforced turnovers.

If you can't tell by now you are as good as your stars come playoff time, then that's on you.

Maybe you didn't realize that the Raptors have been one of the worst defensive teams in the league now for almost a month. Or maybe you didn't realize that DeMar has been mediocre for a month and a half. Or that Lowry is very streaky behind the arc? Or that shorter rotations will ultimately force Casey to play the bench less. Idk, it was very obvious to me.

I don't have time to go into the Wizards but they are obviously very talented.

Jamiecballer
04-23-2018, 03:10 PM
you are giving a tremendous amount of credit to a team that any top seed should salivate at a chance to play. the backcourts should be a wash, the rest of the team is extreme advantage Toronto. we are just blowing it. the kids on the bench have been bad. we've turned it over 18 freaking times each of the last 2 games. this series would be over if one or both of those things were not true. i hate to be that guy -- but we are doing exactly what people said we would do based on the history of this team. this is not about washington.

Heediot
04-23-2018, 03:15 PM
Bah. If you paid attention? To what, the names on the jerseys or the 82 game season that showed the wizards to be the definition of mediocrity? 14 in offense. 15th in defense. Last playoff team in is just about right for a league that lets 16 in. Our play has been downright embarrassing. The story of this series is an embarrassing number of unforced turnovers.

Metrics don't always translate in the playoffs. Games are close usually it comes down to who has the better stars that can close the games better. Having a system also helps, but it comes down to shot makers as well.

aman_13
04-23-2018, 04:45 PM
you are giving a tremendous amount of credit to a team that any top seed should salivate at a chance to play. the backcourts should be a wash, the rest of the team is extreme advantage Toronto. we are just blowing it. the kids on the bench have been bad. we've turned it over 18 freaking times each of the last 2 games. this series would be over if one or both of those things were not true. i hate to be that guy -- but we are doing exactly what people said we would do based on the history of this team. this is not about washington.

I thought they were the worst case scenario because despite their numbers, they have the best player on the court and Beal has hurt the Raptors all year.

In the 4 matches against them, the Raps didn't look good. Their numbers were well below their season average. Sure it's a clichť thing to say but I really believe the players when they say that the Wizards are no typical 8th seed.

goingfor28
04-23-2018, 05:13 PM

Sent from my SM-A520W using TapatalkThe story of this series is that the Raptors are exactly this. A good regular season team who falls apart in the playoffs. It's the same thing every year. Just like the Clippers were for the past 5 or 6 years with CP3 and Griffin, just out west.

Vee-Rex
04-23-2018, 05:31 PM
I picked Raps in 6 assuming full health. If Fred doesn't return then I think this goes 7.

papipapsmanny
04-23-2018, 06:59 PM

So you want to ignore the fact that Washington played down to its competition in the regular season, and how they played well against the teams in the upper half of the league?

They won't be playing down to anything now because it is the playoffs. To be honest the Wizards are a nightmare 8th seed compared to past years.

They took the Celtics to game 7 in round 2 last year without any sort of bench. They have the same team and a much better bench. You may me the only one surprised about what has played out

mike_noodles
04-24-2018, 12:16 AM
The story of this series is that the Raptors are exactly this. A good regular season team who falls apart in the playoffs. It's the same thing every year. Just like the Clippers were for the past 5 or 6 years with CP3 and Griffin, just out west.

But it's not the same thing every year.

First year, competitive long series vs New Jersey and lost in first round. First time this group went to the playoffs. Most people happy with the outcome of this season. But of course you still want to win a round.

Second year, lost to Washington, this one is harsh and disappointing.

Third year, won two rounds and lost to Cleveland in 6 games. Absolutely nothing wrong with this, and to be noted, the Raptors got both of their wins at home in this series. Showing how difficult it is to win on the road in the playoffs.

Fourth year, won first round, lost to Cleveland in a sweep. But does the sweep really make a difference? These are the problems of a team with no superstar.

So how is it that they fall apart? "The same thing every year", which is not even remotely close other than they lost to Cleveland twice.

Jamiecballer
04-24-2018, 10:28 AM
Metrics don't always translate in the playoffs. Games are close usually it comes down to who has the better stars that can close the games better. Having a system also helps, but it comes down to shot makers as well.Agree. Is that honestly what you have seen so far? I've seen turnovers, early in games 3 and 4 kill the Raptors and allow Washington to capitalize on home atmosphere and build momentum

Jamiecballer
04-24-2018, 11:01 AM
The story of this series is that the Raptors are exactly this. A good regular season team who falls apart in the playoffs. It's the same thing every year. Just like the Clippers were for the past 5 or 6 years with CP3 and Griffin, just out west.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkThat relies on the narrative that the core players in Lowry and Derozan just aren't good enough, and while it's true, they are not playing poorly enough to simply chalk it up as that. That would be enough to sink you in the 2nd or 3rd round against another really good team but against playoff fodder it should hardly be an issue.

So while I'm definitely started to believe that disappointment is inevitable with this group losing to Washington would be an embarrassing result.

Aman pointed to the slip in defense and it's true, they were only 18th in March, not exactly one of the worst but not as good. But the wizards can barely co-exist together on or off the court and won 3 of their final 12 games to end the season. They excel on neither end of the court, and are led by John Wall, a guy whose career has been marked by persistent whispers of whether his team is actually better with him playing. If the Raptors showed up in Washington the series would be over. But this time it's not Kyle and Demar the playoff flops, it's inability to all of the sudden take care of the ball or get anything from someone outside the starting 5.

canzano55
04-24-2018, 01:09 PM
Embarrassment would be an understatment if the Raps went out to Washington in the first round - it would be a monument failure of epic proportions and catastrophic for the franchise.

When the Mavericks had that happen there was a better tempermanet that followed because it was rested in a superstar player at the time: Dirk Nowitzki and a superb head-coach. The Raptors, by contrast, have no superstar or temperment in the sense that fans and pundits would never live it down if a first round loss were to happen after such a compelling regular season. It would haunt the organization at least until Demar, Kyle and Ibakas contracts ran out 3 years from now in-time for a rebuild.

Again; its extremely unlikey (I think first seeded teams who are tied on games at 2-2 are 80% likely to advance going by NBA post-season records) but its not impossible.

ewing
04-24-2018, 01:56 PM
A lot people drinking cool aid up north

papipapsmanny
04-24-2018, 07:23 PM
A lot people drinking cool aid up north

Yeah honestly, must be an alternate reality up there

Cal827
04-25-2018, 10:10 AM
^^ Did I miss something? I mean, most Raptor fans aren't exactly surprised or blaming the Referees for the Wizards tying the series. The Raptors play has been an absolute embarrassment, particularly in game 4. When you're up by 14 in the second half, and 8 in the fourth, and are able to get the sharp shooter on the opposing team to foul out, you close that game out. At least, that's what a good team would do. It's not an underestimation of the Wizards, but if the team wants to be looked at as a contender and a true 1 seed, then they can't revert back to old ways and let that slip.

It also kills because if the Raptors come out of this series with a win, they'll now have to face the Pacers/Cavs likely without a bit of rest, where if they had won on Sunday, they would have been playing an elimination game here.

I anticipated that the series would go to 6 games, but I worry that game 4 is going to haunt them. Especially if they choke and lose this series.

Wouldn't you two be disappointed in your team had a 2 game series lead, then blew it so it became a long series?

ewing
04-25-2018, 11:16 AM
^^ Did I miss something? I mean, most Raptor fans aren't exactly surprised or blaming the Referees for the Wizards tying the series. The Raptors play has been an absolute embarrassment, particularly in game 4. When you're up by 14 in the second half, and 8 in the fourth, and are able to get the sharp shooter on the opposing team to foul out, you close that game out. At least, that's what a good team would do. It's not an underestimation of the Wizards, but if the team wants to be looked at as a contender and a true 1 seed, then they can't revert back to old ways and let that slip.

It also kills because if the Raptors come out of this series with a win, they'll now have to face the Pacers/Cavs likely without a bit of rest, where if they had won on Sunday, they would have been playing an elimination game here.

I anticipated that the series would go to 6 games, but I worry that game 4 is going to haunt them. Especially if they choke and lose this series.

Wouldn't you two be disappointed in your team had a 2 game series lead, then blew it so it became a long series?

They aren't reverting. This is who they are. Two decent evenly matched teams are playing in the playoffs. I am not surprised we are at 2-2.

ChongInc.
04-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Reverting as in returning to their old style of playing with limited ball movement/heavy on the iso.

ewing
04-25-2018, 02:20 PM
Reverting as in returning to their old style of playing with limited ball movement/heavy on the iso.

Its the playoffs- pace slows, defense is better, role players get tight. This is what happens. I don't see a surprise and that seems the norm other then Raps loyalists

Vee-Rex
04-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Raps ready to win tonight!

hooooo maaaaan

;)

R. Johnson#3
04-25-2018, 02:38 PM
The winner of this game will win the series.

tredigs
04-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Raps are gonna win tonight and close it down in 6.

Cal827
04-25-2018, 07:00 PM
:laugh2: It's almost that time for us Raptor fans to go ballistic.... If they also to follow the Leafs and Toronto FC, then it's gonna be 1000 fold :laugh2:

Jamiecballer
04-25-2018, 07:19 PM
They aren't reverting. This is who they are. Two decent evenly matched teams are playing in the playoffs. I am not surprised we are at 2-2.But that's because they are habitual playoff chokers as you said in another thread. I'm paraphrasing but thats the point. If a 59 win team and a team that barely squeaked in and can't stand each other are equal then we have different understandings of what equal are. They are only relatively equal if you assume the worst of Toronto and the best of Washington. Fortunately Toronto has obliged so far. But Washington truly is the worst playoff team not named Milwaukee.

Pfeifer
04-25-2018, 08:00 PM
The officials in this game are hilarious both ways. Surprised OG didnt get a flagrant for converting a layup.

ewing
04-25-2018, 08:04 PM
But that's because they are habitual playoff chokers as you said in another thread. I'm paraphrasing but thats the point. If a 59 win team and a team that barely squeaked in and can't stand each other are equal then we have different understandings of what equal are. They are only relatively equal if you assume the worst of Toronto and the best of Washington. Fortunately Toronto has obliged so far. But Washington truly is the worst playoff team not named Milwaukee.

No we have a different understanding of who the Toronto Raptors are. Remember when the Hawks won 60 games a couples years back and everyone knew they werenít legit title contenders? Thatís who I think the Raptors are. A solid team that too there credit was heathy and consistent enough to compile wins despite not being truly elite. Fortunately for them the Sixers donít know how to close yet and Boston is wounded so they actually have a shot to get out of the East. Iím thinking itís the only shot this group gets and I still wouldnít bet on it

hallzi43
04-25-2018, 08:08 PM
No we have a different understanding of who the Toronto Raptors are. Remember when the Hawks won 60 games a couples years back and everyone knew they werenít legit title contenders? Thatís who I think the Raptors are. A solid team that too there credit was heathy and consistent enough to compile wins despite not being truly elite. Fortunately for them the Sixers donít know how to close yet and Boston is wounded so they actually have a shot to get out of the East. Iím thinking itís the only shot this group gets and I still wouldnít bet on it

What about the Sixers has shown they cant close over the last 2 months?

Jamiecballer
04-25-2018, 08:09 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSure and I know it's been a while but did you expect them (the hawks) to lose to whatever playoff crud they played in the first round? Because that's a different question than whether they are a championship contender. I think we agree they are def short of that.

ewing
04-25-2018, 08:11 PM
What about the Sixers has shown they cant close over the last 2 months?

They often slow the game down to much it tight situations and donít look sure about where to go with the ball. Plus the guy who should be there go to scorer is at stage in his career where he has ever skill but doesnít really know how to use them to get the best shot

Jamiecballer
04-25-2018, 08:12 PM
This is infuriating lol

ewing
04-25-2018, 08:13 PM
Sure and I know it's been a while but did you expect them (the hawks) to lose to whatever playoff crud they played in the first round? Because that's a different question than whether they are a championship contender. I think we agree they are def short of that.

I honestly donít remember but I certainly didnít expect them to roll like Raptors fans on here seemed to think they would roll the Wizard. Maybe you just hate the Wizards