PDA

View Full Version : WCQF: [2] Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs [7] | Warriors win 4-1

Pages : [1] 2

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 12:24 PM
http://o4526lc90g998y7561v9o735w5s.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NBAPLayoffs_Logo-400x240.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/308z2o5.gifVS. http://i63.tinypic.com/2q21hmw.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 in Oakland: Saturday, April 14, 3 p.m. ET, ABC

Game 2 in Oakland: Monday, April 16, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 3 in San Antonio: Thursday, April 19, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 4 in San Antonio: Sunday, April 22, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Game 5 in Oakland: TBA (if necessary)

Game 6 in San Antonio: TBA (if necessary)

Game 7 in Oakland: TBA (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i65.tinypic.com/ycnqq.gif

C: Lamarcus Aldrigde
PF: Kyle Anderson
SF: Danny Green
SG: Patty Mills
PG: Dejounte Murray

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://i68.tinypic.com/in71q1.gif

C: Javale Mcgee
PF: Draymond Green
SF: Kevin Durant
SG: Klay Thompson
PG: Quinn Cook

AT&T Center, San Antonio

http://i65.tinypic.com/wqztd1.jpg

Oracle Arena, Oakland

http://i0.letvimg.com/lc06_isvrs/201612/02/07/11/5b40ddbd-ea2a-437f-ad56-33696af5c974/thumb/2_400_225.jpg

TrueFan420
04-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Not liking this match up one bit. Without Curry our offense doesn't flow and Pop is just the type of coach that can burn us because of it. Kawhi or not.

tredigs
04-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Never been less excited for a Warriors playoff series. A) Because I'm a little worried with how they're playing (though SAS was one matchup I wanted for them without Curry), and B) Both of these teams are not fun to watch right now.

WaDe03
04-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Boring series tbh.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Spurs in 6 with Kawhi. gs in 6 without

COOLbeans
04-12-2018, 02:26 PM
First time Iím not super excited to watch a Warriors series. I truly wanted to see the Thunder in the 1st round. But I suppose this is for the best

Scoots
04-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Should be Warriors in 4, but I just don't have any confidence.

valade16
04-12-2018, 03:31 PM
If Kawhi wants to endear himself to Spurs fans he comes back for this matchup.

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 03:37 PM
I got Dubs in 6 (assuming Kawhi doesn't come back).

Despite missing Curry, I do think the Warriors were bored with the regular season. Their depth doesn't seem as good as we thought, but the playoffs is where the best guys play more minutes.

It's so hard to win in Roaracle in the playoffs, man. So freaking hard. If the Spurs had HCA I could actually lean with them on winning the series. But I think the Dubs turn it up and take the series.

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Kawhi man.. is this guy really still unhealthy? This is his chance...

ewing
04-12-2018, 05:00 PM
GS in 6

likemystylez
04-12-2018, 05:02 PM
the warriors just dont have any passion the last few months..... i dont trust them to bring the effort level required to beat any team in the playoffs. Kerr wil be exposed in this series as a weak coach

Scoots
04-12-2018, 05:08 PM
the warriors just dont have any passion the last few months..... i dont trust them to bring the effort level required to beat any team in the playoffs. Kerr wil be exposed in this series as a weak coach

To be fair you think all coaches are useless based on what you've said in the past.

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Haven't paid attention to the Warriors since Curry got injured. Anyone care to make a list of healthy players for ROUND 1? If Spurs can do what they did to Miami and force other GSW players to score, they can win. But LaMarcus really has to step up here. P.s. I think Spurs would be behind Houston as favorites if he plays assuming they get past the Warriors.

Vee-Rex
04-12-2018, 05:21 PM
I think Pop will show his *** for sure, and after the series we're gonna do the usual and be like, "wow, the Spurs are so well coached."

But I honestly don't see ANY team other than Houston and maaaaybe a scorching hot, ferocious, chip-on-their-shoulder OKC team winning a game in Oracle. That place is just nuts, man. I get goosebumps thinking of the 2016 finals games 5 and 7 (and game 6 in the Q was insane as well - loudest I ever seen it in there).

likemystylez
04-12-2018, 05:31 PM
To be fair you think all coaches are useless based on what you've said in the past.

I think pop is a good coach- based on how well he plays regardless of who goes out there. i also think quinn snider is a decent coach considering he lost so many key players and stayed competitive this year

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 05:32 PM
I think Pop will show his *** for sure, and after the series we're gonna do the usual and be like, "wow, the Spurs are so well coached."

But I honestly don't see ANY team other than Houston and maaaaybe a scorching hot, ferocious, chip-on-their-shoulder OKC team winning a game in Oracle. That place is just nuts, man. I get goosebumps thinking of the 2016 finals games 5 and 7 (and game 6 in the Q was insane as well - loudest I ever seen it in there).

It ain't the same crowd without Curry.. that's for sure.

Jamiecballer
04-12-2018, 05:34 PM
I can definitely see GS losing here but I wouldn't feel comfortable putting money on either side. If SA wins this the effect on the fans of about 6 other franchises will be incredible.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
04-12-2018, 05:42 PM
It ain't the same crowd without Curry.. that's for sure.
It was a loud crazy crowd before Curry and will continue to be after. The Bay loves bball.

tredigs
04-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Haven't paid attention to the Warriors since Curry got injured. Anyone care to make a list of healthy players for ROUND 1? If Spurs can do what they did to Miami and force other GSW players to score, they can win. But LaMarcus really has to step up here. P.s. I think Spurs would be behind Houston as favorites if he plays assuming they get past the Warriors.

Kawhi and Curry are the only big ones who are out. Though Iguodala is questionable for G1 with ongoing knee issues and McCaw is out for the foreseeable future. The Warriors should really be sweeping this series or only going 5, but they're just tough to bet on right now.

TylerSL
04-13-2018, 04:23 AM
I'm going into this with the assumption that neither Kawhi nor Curry are playing.

With that, Warriors in 5 games. Without Curry they don't play consistent enough to get the sweep. Without Kawhi, the talent disparity is too great. If a fully healthy Kawhi was playing with this version of Aldridge, I would pick the Spurs to beat a Curry-less Warriors. Alas, Spurs have no chance without Kawhi. Which is sad.

SfgiantsJD3
04-13-2018, 01:02 PM
2) Golden State Warriors vs. (7) San Antonio Spurs

Game 1: Sat. April 14 San Antonio at Golden State, 3 p.m., ABC-R

Game 2: Mon. April 16 San Antonio at Golden State, 10:30 p.m., TNT-R

Game 3: Thu. April 19 Golden State at San Antonio, 9:30 p.m., TNT

Game 4: Sun. April 22 Golden State at San Antonio, 3:30 p.m., ABC-R

Game 5: Tue. April 24 San Antonio at Golden State, TBD
Game 6: Thu. April 26 Golden State at San Antonio, TBD
Game 7: Sat. April 28 San Antonio at Golden State, TNT*

kobe4thewinbang
04-13-2018, 11:10 PM
SpursTalk forum is in near revolt about Kawhi most likely not playing in a series that has arguably the other team's best player also unfit to play. People are saying things like "Manu is playing and he is 40 years old", that this would redeem Kawhi to the Spurs fanbase and get revenge on the team that controversially caused his injury last time around.

I gotta admit, it's pretty lame for Leonard not to play. I would definitely favor the Spurs, even with a rusty Kawhi, in a seven game series over a Curry-less Warriors squad. I think maybe Spurs in 6 in that scenario, BUT.

I basically see the Warriors winning this one in 4, maybe 5 games. Durant will probably have some big games (40pts^) and maybe Klay coming alive. I hope Aldridge looks good this time around and figures it out unlike last time around.

But without Kawhi, man...c'mon. It's a wrap.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2018, 01:43 AM
with KL and curry warriors in 6... with KL and no curry spurs in 7... with no KL and No curry warriors in 4 or 5.

Scoots
04-14-2018, 11:43 AM
SpursTalk forum is in near revolt about Kawhi most likely not playing in a series that has arguably the other team's best player also unfit to play. People are saying things like "Manu is playing and he is 40 years old", that this would redeem Kawhi to the Spurs fanbase and get revenge on the team that controversially caused his injury last time around.

I gotta admit, it's pretty lame for Leonard not to play. I would definitely favor the Spurs, even with a rusty Kawhi, in a seven game series over a Curry-less Warriors squad. I think maybe Spurs in 6 in that scenario, BUT.

I basically see the Warriors winning this one in 4, maybe 5 games. Durant will probably have some big games (40pts^) and maybe Klay coming alive. I hope Aldridge looks good this time around and figures it out unlike last time around.

But without Kawhi, man...c'mon. It's a wrap.

Poor Zaza. Kawhi had hurt his ankle twice before he landed on Zaza and may well have missed games had that contact never happened. It a perfect example of people reacting in extreme to injuries.

The issues for this series are what can the Warriors do about Aldridge, and what can the Spurs do about Durant.

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 12:00 PM
Poor Zaza. Kawhi had hurt his ankle twice before he landed on Zaza and may well have missed games had that contact never happened. It a perfect example of people reacting in extreme to injuries.

The issues for this series are what can the Warriors do about Aldridge, and what can the Spurs do about Durant.

Nah Kawhi wasn't missing time :)

Regarding Aldridge, I think he's much better equipped to handle some of the pressure being that he's played 'solo' all year. It'll come down to guys like Mills/Green able to capitalize on shots doubles can create.

But im looking at Murray and Gay to see what they can do. I feel like both of them have an opportunity to make an impact

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 01:31 PM
Op updated with schedule & proj lineups

Bostonjorge
04-14-2018, 01:43 PM
Spurs need Leonard to win even a game I feel. Manu can make the games exciting but nothing more. Unless heís GINOBILI!!!!!.

Green still has a lot of fire power to lead. He takes out Aldridge and itís a wrap.

Warriors win

Scoots
04-14-2018, 02:31 PM
Nah Kawhi wasn't missing time :)

Regarding Aldridge, I think he's much better equipped to handle some of the pressure being that he's played 'solo' all year. It'll come down to guys like Mills/Green able to capitalize on shots doubles can create.

But im looking at Murray and Gay to see what they can do. I feel like both of them have an opportunity to make an impact

I wonder about Gay ... he's been inconsistent this year like he has been his whole career. He can be a major difference maker if he plays his best.

The Warriors youngsters could have a significant impact with their speed and athleticism if they step up, but for the most part all we've seen are flashes here or there since there have been so many games lost to injury.

KobeOwnSU
04-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Call me crazy but I have this feeling the Spurs stun the Warriors in game 1...Then the Warriors win the series 4-1 haha

KobeOwnSU
04-14-2018, 02:42 PM
If Kawhi wants to endear himself to Spurs fans he comes back for this matchup.

He doesn't want to endear himself. he wants to go to the Lakers. It is that simple.

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 02:43 PM
I wonder about Gay ... he's been inconsistent this year like he has been his whole career. He can be a major difference maker if he plays his best.

The Warriors youngsters could have a significant impact with their speed and athleticism if they step up, but for the most part all we've seen are flashes here or there since there have been so many games lost to injury.

He started out strong and finished pretty well. In between he started to fade, and suffered the achilelles injury. But after being out a whole season rust was expected. He got into a groove late, but he will be relied upon. The 2nd unit basically runs thru him.

I hope he's up for the challenge

Vee-Rex
04-14-2018, 02:58 PM
Here's some fun stats:

Spurs are 14-27 on the road this year.

Of those 14 wins, only 3 came against teams with an above .500 record. Cleveland, Portland, and Miami. Cavs were in turmoil and had injuries, Portland was a 2 point win, and Miami was Oct 25th, beginning of the year. The rest were:

Phoenix x2, Memphis x2, Sacramento x2, Brooklyn, New York, Charlotte, Dallas, Chicago.

Don't think they're winning a game in Oracle, fellas. I picked Warriors in 6, but if I had known that, I may have picked Warriors in 5 or even 4.

Bostonjorge
04-14-2018, 03:36 PM
Ginobili!!!!!

zn23
04-14-2018, 04:04 PM
KD is playing like the GOAT we all knew he would be.

KobeOwnSU
04-14-2018, 04:05 PM
Kawhi getting destroyed on Twitter right now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

HandsOnTheWheel
04-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Sweep.

FlashBolt
04-14-2018, 04:15 PM
Any other superstar would be absolutely vilified for missing the playoffs like this..

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 04:17 PM
Got em right where we want em

Vee-Rex
04-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Any other superstar would be absolutely vilified for missing the playoffs like this..

Sounds like Kawhi is taking a lot of criticism for this.

Imagine if it was LeBron, though. He'd be the most hated person on the planet.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-14-2018, 04:32 PM

From Kawhi's snapchat supposedly?

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 04:32 PM
How Murray wasn't at the line for a 3 point play is beyond me. Then he gets hit with a foul on the other side. Tough sequence

Scoots
04-14-2018, 04:39 PM
Green usually slows Klay down. It's like Klay isn't seeing any D this game.

Doubling Aldridge all over the place.

Scoots
04-14-2018, 04:40 PM

That's funny, particularly with that screen shot.

Vee-Rex
04-14-2018, 04:42 PM

Lol wow. I'm starting to think this will be hard to repair.

Vee-Rex
04-14-2018, 04:44 PM
Damn they fouled the **** out of Gay on that possession

Scoots
04-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Looney is slow, can't jump, and is afraid to shoot, but he's smart and plays hard. I wonder where he will go and how he will do next year.

Scoots
04-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Damn they fouled the **** out of Gay on that possession

There were fouls all over the place on that whole series. Nuts.

Scoots
04-14-2018, 04:50 PM
7 Warriors possessions in a row without KD touching the ball comes to an end. They share so much they forget who they have on the team.

Vee-Rex
04-14-2018, 04:52 PM
Lol Kyle Anderson.

Klay is in killer mode. Warriors just putting the clamps on the Spurs.

Vee-Rex
04-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Ginobili is the only one who can score

Scoots
04-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Lol Kyle Anderson.

Klay is in killer mode. Warriors just putting the clamps on the Spurs.

Kyle Anderson on Kevon Looney is about right ... slow on slow.

Bostonjorge
04-14-2018, 04:55 PM
When Klay is in the Warriors are just to dominate.

FlashBolt
04-14-2018, 04:56 PM
how sad is it that Ginobili is the best scorer on the Spurs right now? this team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs without Kawhi... Wish it were the Nuggets. It's just not fun.

Scoots
04-14-2018, 04:59 PM
Ginobili is so smart, even with the way he sneaks fouls without getting caught. Imagine how good the 40+ league game will be next year with Terry, Ginobili, Carter, Dirk, and Duncan (got to help the retired guy stay in shape :) ).

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 04:59 PM
Green usually slows Klay down. It's like Klay isn't seeing any D this game.

Doubling Aldridge all over the place.

Kawhi is the guy who usually shuts Klay down. Green did better chasing Curry around

KobeOwnSU
04-14-2018, 05:00 PM
For a second, I thought Warriors fans were chanting "Leonard, Leonard." That would have been cold haha.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 05:01 PM
how sad is it that Ginobili is the best scorer on the Spurs right now? this team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs without Kawhi... Wish it were the Nuggets. It's just not fun.

Well Gay is today, but yea. They do deserve to be here tho. These guys who are playing earned it. Can't pretend GS wouldn't be blowing out Denver in game 1 either lol

Scoots
04-14-2018, 05:01 PM
When Klay is in the Warriors just dominate.

or

When Klay is in the Warriors are just too dominant.

which did you mean?

Scoots
04-14-2018, 05:02 PM
Kawhi is the guy who usually shuts Klay down. Green did better chasing Curry around

Green has been good on Klay too ... and Kawhi shuts everyone down :)

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 05:06 PM
Green has been good on Klay too ... and Kawhi shuts everyone down :)

He is, but like Klay was like invisible when Kawhi guards him. Tho that was pre Durant so it's different now but that's usually how it went

Scoots
04-14-2018, 05:16 PM
He is, but like Klay was like invisible when Kawhi guards him. Tho that was pre Durant so it's different now but that's usually how it went

Yes. Kawhi is a game changer. This year Green has been on Klay and done a good job, and Kawhi not so much.

AllBall
04-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Unless your a fan of these two teams there is ZERO reasons to watch this series. NBA must agree considering the time slot. Perfect time to go do something else.

FlashBolt
04-14-2018, 05:20 PM
Well Gay is today, but yea. They do deserve to be here tho. These guys who are playing earned it. Can't pretend GS wouldn't be blowing out Denver in game 1 either lol

Denver is a much better offensive team. Their defense isn't that good but I don't see anyone in Spurs guarding KD anyways. Plus, Milsap and Jokic would make that Warriors frontcourt work.

Scoots
04-14-2018, 05:23 PM
Are Gasol and Ginobili done after this year?

Scoots
04-14-2018, 05:26 PM
Denver is a much better offensive team. Their defense isn't that good but I don't see anyone in Spurs guarding KD anyways. Plus, Milsap and Jokic would make that Warriors frontcourt work.

The Spurs have a pace problem that doesn't effect the Nuggets that's for sure, and I agree the Nuggets would challenge the Warriors more based on today, but the Spurs earned these games the Nuggets didn't because they are so inconsistent.

Bostonjorge
04-14-2018, 05:28 PM
Are Gasol and Ginobili done after this year?
They be great in GS

If Leonard is gone then they have to rebuild. Let Pop take a GM only type role for a year. Trade Leonard for young players. Let Manu, Gasol and Parker go ring chase.

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 05:28 PM

Probably.. still doesn't mean SA doesn't deserve to be here. As good as Denver is offensively, SA is defensively. We won the games we needed to to be here without Kawhi all year , they earned it. Guys dug deep when they needed to.

Having a team from the West miss the playoffs that should be in isn't something that's new. Im sure they've got some games they can look back on and think about a golden opportunity they missed to get in

Scoots
04-14-2018, 05:31 PM
They be great in GS

If Leonard is gone then they have to rebuild. Let Pop take a GM only type role for a year. Trade Leonard for young players. Let Manu, Gasol and Parker go ring chase.

I think they are done. Too slow, too injured, too often. Absolutely GREAT players and they would have been perfect, but I think that is passed.

If they rebuild I would guess Pop steps away for a while.

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 05:35 PM
I think they are done. Too slow, too injured, too often. Absolutely GREAT players and they would have been perfect, but I think that is passed.

Manu has showed a lot this year and hasn't been hurt fwiw. TP coming off that ruptured quad injury has looked very inconsistent, and Pau just doesn't have much a place anymore. Last year he was at least a dam good 3 point shooter, but he's not even doing that. Part of that is with no Kawhi the spacing isn't there.

But of them all, Manu definitely could come back in a limited role and definitely be effective. I'm hoping TP can too, but I just don't know. The injury has definitely impacted him

Heediot
04-14-2018, 05:36 PM
The Spurs have a pace problem that doesn't effect the Nuggets that's for sure, and I agree the Nuggets would challenge the Warriors more based on today, but the Spurs earned these games the Nuggets didn't because they are so inconsistent.

I am skeptical about how Jokic will translate in the playoffs. He has proven to be an offensive dynamo in the regular season, but things change in the playoffs. He looked out of sorts late vs. Minny, which was a playoff type game. Maybe he was gassed playing 40 plus, but I don't know. Bigs offensively tend to translate better in the playoffs, so we wil see.

TrueFan420
04-14-2018, 05:40 PM

Gasol can play a few more. Hell I'd love him on the end of our bench.

FlashBolt
04-14-2018, 05:45 PM
Gasol costs $16 million. I never understood why they signed him.

Scoots
04-14-2018, 05:48 PM
Gasol can play a few more. Hell I'd love him on the end of our bench.

No. West is often too slow and he's WAY faster than Gasol.

Scoots
04-14-2018, 05:49 PM

I think it was a Spurs *wink wink* agreement.

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 05:50 PM

I think it was a Spurs *wink wink* agreement.

What Scoots said. He opted out to give us cap flexibility

Scoots
04-14-2018, 05:53 PM
Manu has showed a lot this year and hasn't been hurt fwiw. TP coming off that ruptured quad injury has looked very inconsistent, and Pau just doesn't have much a place anymore. Last year he was at least a dam good 3 point shooter, but he's not even doing that. Part of that is with no Kawhi the spacing isn't there.

But of them all, Manu definitely could come back in a limited role and definitely be effective. I'm hoping TP can too, but I just don't know. The injury has definitely impacted him

Being a Texan now I got to see a lot of Spurs games this year ... Murray showed flashes but he seemed to regress the more responsibility he got this year. I don't really know what the Spurs plan is going forward, assuming all this Kawhi stuff is just media speculation and he's back and happy ... they need to change about half of the team over to keep winning and progress it seems. They have some interesting bench guys but it seems like Pop has little confidence in them.

TrueFan420
04-14-2018, 06:13 PM
No. West is often too slow and he's WAY faster than Gasol.

No doubt he's slow but he's also much much bigger. He'd give us size and a big body to use when needed. He'd be a useful piece to have on the bench for vet min.

Scoots
04-14-2018, 06:23 PM
No doubt he's slow but he's also much much bigger. He'd give us size and a big body to use when needed. He'd be a useful piece to have on the bench for vet min.

He's under contract for the next 2 years at $16M plus ... you'd rather have him than re-sign Klay?

He's a negative defender, his size doesn't matter much. He can rebound and pass, but his defense and his 3 point shooting have faded.

As for "much much bigger" Pau is 3 inches taller, but he and West weigh about the same.

TrueFan420
04-14-2018, 06:26 PM
He's under contract for the next 2 years at $16M plus ... you'd rather have him than re-sign Klay?

He's a negative defender, his size doesn't matter much. He can rebound and pass, but his defense and his 3 point shooting have faded.

Of course not and no where did I say that I would. I said he'd be a useful piece at vet min price. Didn't know the Spurs gave him a 3 year 16 per contract. That's extremely stupid on their part.

ewing
04-14-2018, 06:36 PM
Should KL be punished? He certainly shouldnít be collecting a check and I think the league should do something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
04-14-2018, 06:42 PM
Should KL be punished? He certainly shouldnít be collecting a check and I think the league should do something

LOL. As long as the Spurs are willing to pay him and not require him to work then the league should do nothing about it.

ewing
04-14-2018, 06:57 PM
LOL. As long as the Spurs are willing to pay him and not require him to work then the league should do nothing about it.

Whatís funny? He is holding them hostage. SA canít do anything about it bc if they do they definitely lose a franchise player and likely get a poorer return bc of the drama. If KL is healthy and knows he can play he definitely should be punished

Heediot
04-14-2018, 07:02 PM
Man, Uncle doesn't want KL taking the low key Duncan route in his career? Probably wants KL to be more marketable, and have more shine. Duncans legacy lives on because of his demeanor/personality. Some things are priceless. I hope I am wrong about his camp, and hope this is just some weird phase and the injury is legit.

BKLYNpigeon
04-14-2018, 07:29 PM
Kawhi a low-key diva.

Just trade him to the Celtics for Tatum and a haul of assets.

tredigs
04-14-2018, 08:26 PM
Shout out to lol,pls. King Klay had his game!

tredigs
04-14-2018, 08:28 PM
Kawhi a low-key diva.

Just trade him to the Celtics for Tatum and a haul of assets.
Lol at Tatum and a haul of assets. Kawhi is an expiring. They're not getting **** for him. It would take Kawhi and a Spurs 1st to get Tatum. Even then Ainge prob wouldn't budge.

BKLYNpigeon
04-14-2018, 09:17 PM
Lol at Tatum and a haul of assets. Kawhi is an expiring. They're not getting **** for him. It would take Kawhi and a Spurs 1st to get Tatum. Even then Ainge prob wouldn't budge.

please. Kawhi is a top 10 player in the league.

Celtics traded for Kyrie too and he was an expiring deal. Kawhi just needs to give a verbal agreement and the Celtics will go all in.

tredigs
04-14-2018, 09:32 PM
please. Kawhi is a top 10 player in the league.

Celtics traded for Kyrie too and he was an expiring deal. Kawhi just needs to give a verbal agreement and the Celtics will go all in.

Celtics traded a broken expiring and a top7-9 pick for Kyrie Irving with years on the contract. Think about that. They're not getting a haul for Kawhi either. Lol at a "verbal agreement", c'mon man, no superstar level player is doing that.

kdspurman
04-14-2018, 10:09 PM
If the Spurs do trade Kawhi, there will be no doubt teams who'd be willing to give up a ton for him, and rightfully so. Even if it is just a rental.

It's been super frustrating, but all I can assume is he really is still not feeling 100%. And he may never feel 100% with this being that it's chronic. Every thing that I've read about Kawhi is he loves to play and is a workhorse, and that much has been demonstrated since he's been in the league. So I have to assume he's not sitting out to 'protest' or anything. But we'll see... It'll be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

Scoots
04-14-2018, 11:47 PM
Whatís funny? He is holding them hostage. SA canít do anything about it bc if they do they definitely lose a franchise player and likely get a poorer return bc of the drama. If KL is healthy and knows he can play he definitely should be punished

If the Spurs are not complaining the NBA has nothing to say.

ewing
04-15-2018, 12:20 AM
If the Spurs are not complaining the NBA has nothing to say.

The Spurs donít want him to play? Havenít been trying to get him on the floor for months? He hasnít been cleared by Spurs doctors? There is not much they can do. If they punish him or go public they shoot themselves in the foot.

Scoots
04-15-2018, 12:29 AM
The Spurs donít want him to play? Havenít been trying to get him on the floor for months? He hasnít been cleared by Spurs doctors?

Do you think the Spurs have filed a formal complaint with the NBA or the NBAPA? Have they fined Kawhi? Those steps have to happen BEFORE the NBA even considers punishing Kawhi.

ewing
04-15-2018, 12:31 AM
Do you think the Spurs have filed a formal complaint with the NBA or the NBAPA? Have they fined Kawhi? Those steps have to happen BEFORE the NBA even considers punishing Kawhi.

Are you an NBA lawyer?

goingfor28
04-15-2018, 01:03 AM
Kawhi is a piece of ****. If I were his teammate I'd be absolutely pissed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
04-15-2018, 01:09 AM
Are you an NBA lawyer?

He doesn't need to be. The NBA won't step in unless those things happen.

kobe4thewinbang
04-15-2018, 01:37 AM
Kawhi is a piece of ****. If I were his teammate I'd be absolutely pissed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkPretty sure Ginobili and the old guard are trashing him pretty hard in the locker room. 1) They know he's not there, seeing as he's all cushy in his house playing a video game and still being paid for some stupid reason, and 2) if he was around, they'd probably still be in a shouting match with him. They should've suspended him for conduct detrimental to the team.

Kawhi Leonard is a *****.

'Nuff said. If I'm the Spurs, we're trading his wimp *** and moving on. They already were going to do this with Aldridge, and then he had this nice season. What's next? Kawhi going to suddenly find his nuts again? The Spurs have been burned. I don't even see the appeal for a team to trade for him. You have no guarantee he is going to play ever again at this rate or if he does that he may just be as flaky as this whole saga. Bynum 2.0.

How the hell was this same man the DPOY? Can we confirm he is even a man? Maybe he had corrective surgery with all that money he's made already, and the selfish POS still wants another big contract. He blow it all already?

kobe4thewinbang
04-15-2018, 01:57 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/211kscl.png

ewing
04-15-2018, 08:00 AM
He doesn't need to be. The NBA won't step in unless those things happen.

Sorry you guys are smart and clearly know the in and outs of how things really work [emoji849].

likemystylez
04-15-2018, 09:20 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/211kscl.png

why are people assuming he is going to show up in the middle of the playoffs when he hasnt even practiced in 3 months plus? completely unreasonable expectation.

its like me as a warriors fan expecting mookie blaylock to join the rotation when he hasnt played since milking an injury 16 years ago

likemystylez
04-15-2018, 09:22 AM

Teams tank seasons all the time and everyone just kind of accepts it (except me), but a player does it once- and people are talking about lawsuits?

ewing
04-15-2018, 09:29 AM
Teams tank seasons all the time and everyone just kind of accepts it (except me), but a player does it once- and people are talking about lawsuits?

The league is taking action against tanking. Silver just said they need to take more

likemystylez
04-15-2018, 09:39 AM
The league is taking action against tanking. Silver just said they need to take more

Well the action I see is against openly talking about tanking. They arent really stopping teams from doing it or resting star players.

Personally as a fan, Id rather have my team announce they are going to tank before I spend money on tickets

ewing
04-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Well the action I see is against openly talking about tanking. They arent really stopping teams from doing it or resting star players.

Personally as a fan, Id rather have my team announce they are going to tank before I spend money on tickets

your first post is wrong. You are not only one that cares about. The league has openly admitted it is a problem and is trying to address it

likemystylez
04-15-2018, 10:18 AM
your first post is wrong. You are not only one that cares about. The league has openly admitted it is a problem and is trying to address it

until advertisers refuse to sponsor games where not all key players are playing, and the league forces teams to refund tickets that were purchased by fans assuming certain players would play- then they arent doing **** to stop tanking and they are indeed accepting it

Also- the obvious initial solution is to either make the lottery a straight 1/14 chance each team gets the first pick would eliminate the incentive to tank (unless a team is willing to tank their way out of the playoffs)

Scoots
04-15-2018, 10:31 AM
Are you an NBA lawyer?

Yep

kdspurman
04-15-2018, 10:40 AM
The last report out was Kawhi has been in NYC still rehabbing trying to get clearance with his docs and some Spurs staff. If that's still the case , it makes sense why he's not there.

I imagine Pop is aware of what's going on

Missing56&33
04-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Someone please tell me was LA this soft in Portland? He was horrible in game one. Ok, so he wanted to go to SA to win a championship...got to put in some work yourself though bro.

LA effort pissed me off, it was pathetic effort for a highly paid profession basketball player.

kdspurman
04-15-2018, 10:52 AM
Someone please tell me was LA this soft in Portland? He was horrible in game one. Ok, so he wanted to go to SA to win a championship...got to put in some work yourself though bro.

LA effort pissed me off, it was pathetic effort for a highly paid profession basketball player.

LA has been terrific all year, far from soft.

GS is blitzing him Everytime. He's gotta adjust and with some help of the coaching staff he'll be able to react better. He needs help from the other guys, if guys can hit 3s, the double teams wont come as often.

Scoots
04-15-2018, 12:42 PM
LA has elite skills, but I've questioned his heart for years. That said, the Warriors were coming from a different direction every time down and he was trying to make the right play and passing out of the double. The Warriors are just good at doubling and covering the first 2 obvious passes.

TrueFan420
04-15-2018, 01:00 PM
Sorry you guys are smart and clearly know the in and outs of how things really work [emoji849].

As it stands nothing has been done by the Spurs or the NBA. So its looking like we are for the moment.

ewing
04-15-2018, 01:37 PM
As it stands nothing has been done by the Spurs or the NBA. So its looking like we are for the moment.

change your name to TrueSmartPerson

kdspurman
04-15-2018, 02:19 PM

TrueFan420
04-15-2018, 04:28 PM
change your name to TrueSmartPerson

Doesn't have the same ring

tredigs
04-15-2018, 07:47 PM
I will say that the NBA players Union and their contracts are WAY too strong. There's no way he should be getting 20 mil for this "season". What if he pulls the same **** next year and just says he is not ready to go? Spurs just have to eat another 20 mil and punt another season?

Scoots
04-15-2018, 09:29 PM
I will say that the NBA players Union and their contracts are WAY too strong. There's no way he should be getting 20 mil for this "season". What if he pulls the same **** next year and just says he is not ready to go? Spurs just have to eat another 20 mil and punt another season?

NBA contract guarantees are CRAZY strong.

As I understand it, the NBA and NBAPA won't get involved until the Spurs invoke some clause of Kawhi's contract that he's in breach of. At this point I think the Spurs are going to wait until the off season so they can try to formulate a plan.

tredigs
04-15-2018, 10:08 PM
NBA contract guarantees are CRAZY strong.

As I understand it, the NBA and NBAPA won't get involved until the Spurs invoke some clause of Kawhi's contract that he's in breach of. At this point I think the Spurs are going to wait until the off season so they can try to formulate a plan.

Why are you engaging the troll? Talk to someone else you clown.

Scoots
04-15-2018, 10:08 PM
Lamarcus Aldridge: 14 points, 5-of-12 shooting, 2 rebounds, and 1 block in 24 minutes

Javale McGee: 15 points, 5-of-7 shooting, 4 rebounds, and 2 blocks in 16 minutes.

No way that happens again.

Scoots
04-15-2018, 10:09 PM
Why are you engaging the troll? Talk to someone else you clown.

I didn't see any trolling there.

tredigs
04-15-2018, 10:13 PM
I didn't see any trolling there.

I will make it simple for you. I don't value your opinion in the least, don't respond to me.

Scoots
04-15-2018, 10:39 PM
I will make it simple for you. I don't value your opinion in the least, don't respond to me.

Okay. Love you too!

Scoots
04-15-2018, 10:40 PM
The Ringer's coverage is about the Warriors length, the picture they chose for the story is funny.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/zbgUEtpQ4BiJf3-Ewpo1TepBTqY=/0x0:4343x2896/1520x1013/filters:focal(1880x188:2574x882)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/59393199/usa_today_10785469.0.jpg

Scoots
04-15-2018, 10:41 PM

Why the upset tre? Who urinated in your Cap'n Crunch?

tredigs
04-15-2018, 10:52 PM
Why the upset tre? Who urinated in your Cap'n Crunch?
Scoots, if you're going to play cat and mouse with your douche act, try to be a bit more entertaining and or enlightening. As is you are a waste of my ****ing time.

Scoots
04-15-2018, 11:11 PM
Scoots, if you're going to play cat and mouse with your douche act, try to be a bit more entertaining and or enlightening. As is you are a waste of my ****ing time.

Clearly you seem to be upset about something. I don't know what it is.

tredigs
04-15-2018, 11:16 PM
Clearly you seem to be upset about something. I don't know what it is.
"Don't feed the troll". And I called you out. You had nothing to say. You're a douchebag. Beyond that, I really don't respect your takes. I think you're a tool who shines very little insight and tries to walk the line. So, there ya go lil buddy.

Scoots
04-15-2018, 11:44 PM
"Don't feed the troll". And I called you out. You had nothing to say. You're a douchebag. Beyond that, I really don't respect your takes. I think you're a tool who shines very little insight and tries to walk the line. So, there ya go lil buddy.

Oh, well if you were trolling people that seems a perfectly reasonable thing to say. I don't think I said it to you, and I don't remember specifically saying it to you, but I've said it many many times ... lil buddy. And I think it's funny you calling me names.

tredigs
04-15-2018, 11:48 PM
Oh, well if you were trolling people that seems a perfectly reasonable thing to say. I don't think I said it to you, and I don't remember specifically saying it to you, but I've said it many many times ... lil buddy. And I think it's funny you calling me names.

Stop playing 3rd grade hall monitor on a message board nobody cares about and start throwing out more substance. You might garner some respect.

Granted, based on your takes, probably not.

MRSpock
04-16-2018, 12:40 AM
In my experience, good moderators should be skilled at de-escalating a situation. So that being said, why is this Scoots guy a moderator lol?

COOLbeans
04-16-2018, 02:08 AM
Warriors in 4

kobe4thewinbang
04-16-2018, 03:16 AM
Popovich said basically, "You'll have to ask Kawhi how he's doing.

When we know, then we can move forward." Spurs reportedly don't expect him back. Like, WTF. This doesn't bode well for trade value, at all. Plus he only has one year left. I don't know how, but it may make more sense to keep him around and somehow work out an extension, despite him not deserving it. He's Phil Jackson'ed his own trade value.

Or just lose him for nothing. Maybe some draft picks (which Spurs seem to value as much as the Celtics).

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/04/kawhi-leonard-expected-to-miss-remainder-of-postseason.html

:facepalm:

ewing
04-16-2018, 06:10 AM
In my experience, good moderators should be skilled at de-escalating a situation. So that being said, why is this Scoots guy a moderator lol?

Nvm

likemystylez
04-16-2018, 09:21 AM
I guess this series as lost everyones interest if this is what is being talked about in this thread. I cant figure out what happened to start all of this, but im guessing it started in another thread

WaDe03
04-16-2018, 10:03 AM
Holy **** I would've been banned without hesitation lol! PSD plays favorites and they are racist towards Wade fans!

TrueFan420
04-16-2018, 11:31 AM
Warriors need to be about their business tonight. Just because we got them game one and there's no Kawhi doesn't mean we can sleep on them. Pop will make adjustments.

archdevil84
04-16-2018, 11:38 AM
Holy **** I would've been banned without hesitation lol! PSD plays favorites and they are racist towards Wade fans!

we have to battle through these hard times my friend. Wade will carry us to the promise land!

kyubi256
04-16-2018, 01:31 PM
Wondering if there's any chance of Kawhi coming back this series. They have no shot without him. They have minimal shot with him.....

kdspurman
04-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Wondering if there's any chance of Kawhi coming back this series. They have no shot without him. They have minimal shot with him.....

They would've had a shot with him, without question.. They may have last year, so this year w/o Curry? Most definitely..

Regarding this series, we won't see him suit up at all. He's expected to miss the remainder of the post season

kyubi256
04-16-2018, 02:06 PM
^I think they would've had a shot but I think GS still wins easily. I feel that the Spurs really regressed this year and it isn't just Kawhi

kdspurman
04-16-2018, 02:26 PM
^I think they would've had a shot but I think GS still wins easily. I feel that the Spurs really regressed this year and it isn't just Kawhi

They regressed mostly cause of Kawhi. And Gay getting hurt for 2 months, and this just being one of the more odd seasons overall for a Spurs team.

With Kawhi in there , it's a completely different ballgame. They wouldn't be in the position they are (seeding wise)

COOLbeans
04-16-2018, 02:35 PM
They regressed mostly cause of Kawhi. And Gay getting hurt for 2 months, and this just being one of the more odd seasons overall for a Spurs team.

With Kawhi in there , it's a completely different ballgame. They wouldn't be in the position they are (seeding wise)

In terms of seeding thatís probably true. barring Curry coming back after the 1st round, the Spurs donít win the season.

Sure they played a great game 1 last season but you must know in your heart that the Spurs were never going to win that series. They wouldíve defineily lost game 2, and it wouldíve been a wrap after game 3.

kdspurman
04-16-2018, 02:54 PM
In terms of seeding thatís probably true. barring Curry coming back after the 1st round, the Spurs donít win the season.

Sure they played a great game 1 last season but you must know in your heart that the Spurs were never going to win that series. They wouldíve defineily lost game 2, and it wouldíve been a wrap after game 3.

Unfortunately we'll never know what would've happened. Upsets do happen tho

likemystylez
04-16-2018, 08:54 PM
Warriors need to be about their business tonight. Just because we got them game one and there's no Kawhi doesn't mean we can sleep on them. Pop will make adjustments.

I am also concerned about the consistent effort level of the warriors

Scoots
04-16-2018, 09:24 PM

Nothing to do but wait a few more hours and we'll know.

Vee-Rex
04-16-2018, 09:26 PM

you got nothing to be concerned about. they're not losing in oakland

kdspurman
04-16-2018, 09:32 PM

Reverse jynx initiated

likemystylez
04-16-2018, 09:38 PM

warriors lost atleast 8-10 games this year in oakland where they were favored to win

TrueFan420
04-16-2018, 09:39 PM
Reverse jynx initiated
By mentioning the jynx doesn't that undo the jynx?

TrueFan420
04-16-2018, 09:39 PM

No doubt. Time will tell if they got their heads on right.

COOLbeans
04-16-2018, 09:58 PM
By mentioning the jynx doesn't that undo the jynx?

No bias at all but yes you are right. By KDspurman mentioning the jynx, the jynx is now negated

COOLbeans
04-16-2018, 10:00 PM
No doubt. Time will tell if they got their heads on right.

Assuming they sweep this series or unluckily have to play a 5th game, Iím assuming theyíll be in champisonhsip form if theyíre not already.

Serious question, were you ever worried?

Reason for edit spell check

goingfor28
04-16-2018, 10:37 PM
Assuming they sweep this series or unluckily have to play a 5th game, Iím assuming theyíll be in champisonhsip form if theyíre not already.

Reason for edit spell checkNice job on the spell check

TrueFan420
04-16-2018, 10:44 PM

Reason for edit spell check

Yea, we've been playing like **** leading up to the playoffs and it's the Spurs and Pop.

TrueFan420
04-16-2018, 10:54 PM
Green in early foul trouble.

kdspurman
04-16-2018, 10:55 PM
Let em play refs

TrueFan420
04-16-2018, 10:58 PM
Iggy with 2 3's already... can't believe my eyes.

TrueFan420
04-16-2018, 11:17 PM
On the floor for the Spurs, Parker (35), Pau (37) and Manu (40). That's just crazy.

kdspurman
04-16-2018, 11:24 PM
On the floor for the Spurs, Parker (35), Pau (37) and Manu (40). That's just crazy.

The true death lineup

TrueFan420
04-16-2018, 11:43 PM
That was a clean strip by Manu

AllBall
04-16-2018, 11:48 PM
Just tuned in. Why in the **** are the Warriors wearing these colors against the Spurs? Do team colors and uniforms not even matter anymore? How does the NBA even allow this crap in the Playoffs out of all places!? Are the Spurs going to wear Gold the next game? :rolleyes:

TrueFan420
04-16-2018, 11:54 PM
Just tuned in. Why in the **** are the Warriors wearing these colors against the Spurs? Do team colors and uniforms not even matter anymore? How does the NBA even allow this crap in the Playoffs out of all places!? Are the Spurs going to wear Gold the next game? :rolleyes:

Their wearing the new The Town jersey's that's a direct reference to Oakland. As well as the Oakland logo the tree. But yea colors don't mean anything anymore. Money does and new gear every year is the new norm.

COOLbeans
04-16-2018, 11:56 PM
Town jerseys have been in effect for a couple of year now. They are popular sellers in the bay area

TrueFan420
04-17-2018, 12:15 AM
Town jerseys have been in effect for a couple of year now. They are popular sellers in the bay area

Their new as of this year. It's always been the city jerseys before this season.

TrueFan420
04-17-2018, 12:30 AM
I think Bell should get a shot at LA. I think he'll do better than McGee or Looney.

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 12:30 AM
Their new as of this year. It's always been the city jerseys before this season.

true. whats the difference though? Theyre big sellers.

TrueFan420
04-17-2018, 12:32 AM
true. whats the difference though? Theyre big sellers.

City is SF. The Town is Oakland.

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 12:32 AM
Pretty sure theyve worn the Town jerseys for almost every home game this year when they initially said it would only be on Saturday

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 12:33 AM
City is SF. The Town is Oakland.

lol i know. what are you saying? My point is, whats the difference in correcting my language as to "a couple years" or going back last year? You act like you dont know im from the bay area

TrueFan420
04-17-2018, 12:41 AM
lol i know. what are you saying? My point is, whats the difference in correcting my language as to "a couple years" or going back last year? You act like you dont know im from the bay area

A couple of years is very different than new to this year. This year has already been a blur, don't need more time being added to it. And I know just wasn't sure what you were asking with what's the difference.

nastynice
04-17-2018, 12:43 AM
Nice 3rd. Saw stretches of that championship defense I forgot all about

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 12:47 AM
A couple of years is very different than new to this year. This year has already been a blur, don't need more time being added to it. And I know just wasn't sure what you were asking with what's the difference.

well yea, Oakland and SF are vastly different cities. Its been great to see the Warriors give Oakland some love after the move to the City was confirmed. I truly thought SF was going to put stop to the stadium but no dice. Itll be a good move for the franchise is how i see it now

goingfor28
04-17-2018, 12:49 AM
B2B years getting to play the Spurs without Kawhi. Lucky.

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 12:51 AM
Effort was much better, but it got a bit out of hand there. If we can bring this effort at home and actually hit some 3s , we'll be in much better shape. Ton of missed open 3s in that first half coming back to bite now

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 12:52 AM
will the freak injuries come to an end? WTF. Dubs in 4

jason
04-17-2018, 12:52 AM
Klay has been really good these two games so far

TrueFan420
04-17-2018, 12:54 AM
well yea, Oakland and SF are vastly different cities. Its been great to see the Warriors give Oakland some love after the move to the City was confirmed. I truly thought SF was going to put stop to the stadium but no dice. Itll be a good move for the franchise is how i see it now

Yea it is nice and it's deserved. I imagine they'll remain the Gold state warriors and wear both the city and the town jerseys. I could see them coming out with a the Bay jersey too. Yea they'll make crazy money off the move but I think they'll lose some of the atmosphere.

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 12:59 AM
Yea it is nice and it's deserved. I imagine they'll remain the Gold state warriors and wear both the city and the town jerseys. I could see them coming out with a the Bay jersey too. Yea they'll make crazy money off the move but I think they'll lose some of the atmosphere.

Bay jerseys are overdue. I was hoping theyíd still show love to Oakland after the move. Itís a good business move to do that and I think they know that

goingfor28
04-17-2018, 12:59 AM
will the freak injuries come to an end? WTF. Dubs in 4It was David west. Don't act like he matters

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 01:02 AM
There was a point where Draymond bothered Aldridge.. doesn't happen as much anymore, glad to see him assert himself

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 01:03 AM
It was David west. Don't act like he matters

Given that they are already missing key pieces. Itís a big deal. Heís their best big off the bench btw.

jason
04-17-2018, 01:04 AM
Given that they are already missing key pieces. Itís a big deal. Heís their best big off the bench btw.He wouldn't know

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 01:06 AM
Draymond back at it again smh.

TrueFan420
04-17-2018, 01:06 AM
Bay jerseys are overdue. I was hoping theyíd still show love to Oakland after the move. Itís a good business move to do that and I think they know that
Wait they made the Bay jersey this year too. It's the new Chinese New Years jersey. The yellow with the blue dragon in the circle. Scratch that then, want to see a dubs jersey next.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 01:07 AM

Nice foul + acting job from the lil' guy.

TrueFan420
04-17-2018, 01:09 AM

The Spurs player had his elbow in drays face first, while holding him.

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 01:09 AM
Wait they made the Bay jersey this year too. It's the new Chinese New Years jersey. The yellow with the blue dragon in the circle. Scratch that then, want to see a dubs jersey next.

Oh yea sure did lol

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 01:10 AM
Nice foul + acting job from the lil' guy.

So again Draymond didn't throw an elbow high? I know u protect everything he does, but that usually doesn't end well when u do that

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 01:11 AM
He wouldn't know

I thought people knew dude can still play. On both ends..

tredigs
04-17-2018, 01:11 AM
So again Draymond didn't throw an elbow high? I know u protect everything he does, but that usually doesn't end well when u do that

Draymond did foul him back, yes. And per usual, was the only person called for anything on the play.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 01:12 AM
The rout is official.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 01:13 AM
A regular basketball foul/hold is not the same as throwing an elbow at a guys head. But w/e lol

It was basically a, "Get the **** off me idiot" elbow. I'm fine with it.

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 01:13 AM
Draymond did foul him back, yes. And per usual, was the only person called for anything on the play.

A regular basketball foul/hold is not the same as throwing an elbow at a guys head. But w/e lol

TrueFan420
04-17-2018, 01:15 AM
Scoreline won't show it but the Spurs pushed them tonight. Warriors better bring more of what they brought in the second half if they want this in 4.

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 01:16 AM
Quinn Cook is an NBA player. No more g league for him

TrueFan420
04-17-2018, 01:16 AM

Take another look. The Spurs players elbow catches Dray. Not cleanly but catches him. It was a hold and a swipe to the head with a bow.

goingfor28
04-17-2018, 01:17 AM
Given that they are already missing key pieces. Itís a big deal. Heís their best big off the bench btw.David west was good a decade ago.

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 01:19 AM
Gg y'all. This was competitive at least for about 38 mins or so. That 3pt shooting for us :puke:

Firefistus
04-17-2018, 01:20 AM

You may be fine with it, but basketball rules aren't. That's why he was called for a flagrant 1. It was reviewed and that was the official ruling. Complain about it all you want, but it was a deserved flagrant foul. And it was Draymond Green living up to his reputation. Anyone surprised by it or thinks he's unintentionally doing these things is naive or ignorant.

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 01:21 AM

Not surprised ;) dangerous nonetheless

Take another look. The Spurs players elbow catches Dray. Not cleanly but catches him. It was a hold and a swipe to the head with a bow.

I gotta take a look again, I didn't see anything from Bertans that warranted that initially

jason
04-17-2018, 01:24 AM
Draymond did foul him back, yes. And per usual, was the only person called for anything on the play.https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/986109586309505024?s=19

Saddletramp
04-17-2018, 03:54 AM
A flop? Jesus Christ. Draymond smacked the **** out of him. And if you watch the play again from the beginning when Green and Bertrans are at the 3 point line, Green has his forearm up around Bertrans neck to hold him off. He knew exactly what he was doing and he followed through on the elbow. Just another ***** play from the same ***** player. Non stop with this guy and I don't know how anyone can defend it.

GREATNESS ONE
04-17-2018, 04:12 AM
2 games in and barely over 200 posts, this is like a regular game in the Lakers thread.

Too
Many Bans brothers, time outs are legit but bans...

tredigs
04-17-2018, 08:59 AM
https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/986109586309505024?s=19

Basically. But who cares. Draymond has O leash and he did enough that there was no doubt he would get dinged. The only reason I even responded was because of the predictable responses of guys like kdSpurman and the Sadtramp. It's a nothing play. Playing the 2nd rate Spurs with the 2nd rate Warriors is barely watchable for me as is. I'm ready for round 2.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 09:14 AM
I'm in on this new Klay who's just going to shoot 70/70/100 in the playoffs until Curry gets back though. #teamwork

Scoots
04-17-2018, 09:40 AM
Draymond did get an elbow to the face first, and he did bring his elbow up past the face of Bertans, and it was a flop. But that's what's going to happen. If Draymond used force to bring his elbow down to get it away from Bertans he'd get in trouble for trying to rip Bertans arm out of the socket or something. At this point it is what it is.

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 09:53 AM
Admittedly he didn't hit him as hard as I thought, but the point remains when you throw an elbow back like that, it's a ***** move. And he did connect with Bertans' face.

Draymond had his elbow trying to push out Davis, Davis was using his arm trying to leverage and get in front of him, and while his forearm was at the neck of Draymond, that looked more like wrestling for position, which clearly upset Green, hence the elbow throw.

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 10:17 AM
Why are people so sensitive? Basketball is a physical sport.

Yes, Bertrans flopped and Draymond also came up with his elbow (though he didnít hit him hard enough for dude to fall back like that).

But the pure hate of a guy that through an elbow in basketball by some fans is indicative of this soft culture that weíre living in where Draymond becomes a bad person and as the above post mentions a ***** move when plays like this have been happening in professional basketball for decades with no call.

ewing
04-17-2018, 10:21 AM

Yes, Bertrans flopped and Draymond also came up with his elbow (though he didnít hit him hard enough for dude to fall back like that).

But the pure hate of a guy that through an elbow in basketball by some fans is indicative of this soft culture that weíre living in where Draymond becomes a bad person and as the above post mentions a ***** move when plays like this have been happening in professional basketball for decades with no call.

yep

tredigs
04-17-2018, 10:21 AM

The truth? The Warriors are extremely good, and as such jealousy manifests itself as hate whenever the opportunity arises. Draymond is the perfect vessell to absorb that hate. Even if it's a totally nothing play like the one above, it triggers the pavlovian response from the *****es.

COOLbeans
04-17-2018, 10:25 AM
yea I can see that happening absolutely

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 10:47 AM
The truth? The Warriors are extremely good, and as such jealousy manifests itself.as hate whenever the opportunity arises. Draymond is the perfect vessell to absorb that hate. Even if it's a totally nothing play like the one above, it triggers the pavlovian response from the *****es.

That's totally 1000% wrong, at least from me :laugh2:

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 10:50 AM
Dray has a reputation, we've been thru this folks. I admitted it wasn't as bad as I thought initially, but throwing an elbow at a guys face is never cool imo.

ewing
04-17-2018, 10:59 AM
Dray has a reputation, we've been thru this folks. I admitted it wasn't as bad as I thought initially, but throwing an elbow at a guys face is never cool imo.

that's b/c you are soft

tredigs
04-17-2018, 11:02 AM
Hopefully Kerr goes to Looney/Bell if D West can't go in game 3, and not back to Zaza. It's been a breath of fresh air that Kerr has finally realized he doesn't belong on the floor.

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 11:10 AM
that's b/c you are soft

:yawn:

ewing
04-17-2018, 11:17 AM
:yawn:

It's true and If you are an absolutist you will probably judge quickly and harshly. You even admitted to judging too quickly on this one.

kdspurman
04-17-2018, 11:27 AM
It's true and If you are an absolutist you will probably judge quickly and harshly. You even admitted to judging too quickly on this one.

I judged based on watching the game and seeing it happen live dude, just like many folks did. When I saw it slowed down, I admitted it wasn't as bad as I thought.

There's this crazy thing where people can have a change of opinion after seeing/getting more facts.

Scoots
04-17-2018, 11:33 AM
Admittedly he didn't hit him as hard as I thought, but the point remains when you throw an elbow back like that, it's a ***** move. And he did connect with Bertans' face.

Draymond had his elbow trying to push out Davis, Davis was using his arm trying to leverage and get in front of him, and while his forearm was at the neck of Draymond, that looked more like wrestling for position, which clearly upset Green, hence the elbow throw.

I think I saw one view that made it really questionable if Draymond's arm had any significant contact with Davis' face at all, but regardless Draymond did swing his arm and that's going to draw a foul regularly. Part of the issue is Draymond's had shoulder issues so he may be a bit more sensitive trying to get out of the wrestling moves, but Draymond said that he did foul Davis, but no question it was a flop, and Davis fouled Draymond too.

ewing
04-17-2018, 11:38 AM
I judged based on watching the game and seeing it happen live dude, just like many folks did. When I saw it slowed down, I admitted it wasn't as bad as I thought.

There's this crazy thing where people can have a change of opinion after seeing/getting more facts.

your reaction was heavy handed. that's not unexpected considering you think a player could never be justified in flashing an elbow. the way we think about things in general effects how we interpret what we see. The fact that you saw it again and were able to accept something counter is a good thing, some people aren't good at that

Scoots
04-17-2018, 11:41 AM

Where have you been man? That's not allowed anymore. You are supposed to stick to any opinion you express forever!!!!!

To me, Dray shouldn't have his elbow/arm anywhere near someone's head because it's a point of emphasis this year so he screwed up. Second to that the refs screwed up falling for the flop, and that's a MUCH bigger issue. LeBron's been doing that injury act for years and the refs fall for it nearly every time.

Htownballa1622
04-17-2018, 11:42 AM
That play was the definition of a double foul imo. The flagrant was a product of refs thinking the elbow made contact with the face and Green's reputation.

Bertans definitely shouldn't have been trying to ride Green's shoulder like a pony. Green, also, is reckless with how he threw that elbow and I'm just waiting for him to catch the correct person with his b.s.

Scoots
04-17-2018, 11:57 AM
That play was the definition of a double foul imo. The flagrant was a product of refs thinking the elbow made contact with the face and Green's reputation.

Bertans definitely shouldn't have been trying to ride Green's shoulder like a pony. Green, also, is reckless with how he threw that elbow and I'm just waiting for him to catch the correct person with his b.s.

Who is the correct person? If he did that to Oakley he'd be dead, but there are no Oakleys in the NBA anymore.

TrueFan420
04-17-2018, 12:10 PM

I'd have no issue with a double foul but a flagrant is a bad call on their part. Greens rep shouldn't have an affect on the call. Yes I know easier said than done when making split second calls (tho this went to review) but calls should be made based on what happened then and there, not what your name is. That goes both ways too. Superstar calls bug me to no end.

Who would you say is the correct person in today's NBA? They all play soft now. Even the physical dirty players are soft compared to their counterparts of years past.

SfgiantsJD3
04-17-2018, 12:25 PM
Who is the correct person? If he did that to Oakley he'd be dead, but there are no Oakleys in the NBA anymore.

Barnett on the local broadcast's comment was its 2018 as in current rules, not 20 years ago rules

Htownballa1622
04-17-2018, 12:46 PM

I'm not sure. Maybe there isn't that one guy in the league anymore but we all know Draymond is with the b.s then likes to flap his gums(literally) as he walks away.

Htownballa1622
04-17-2018, 12:48 PM
I'd have no issue with a double foul but a flagrant is a bad call on their part. Greens rep shouldn't have an affect on the call. Yes I know easier said than done when making split second calls (tho this went to review) but calls should be made based on what happened then and there, not what your name is. That goes both ways too. Superstar calls bug me to no end.

Who would you say is the correct person in today's NBA? They all play soft now. Even the physical dirty players are soft compared to their counterparts of years past.

I agree with rep shouldn't affect call but let's be real. It absolutely does.

I also think intent was there even if he didn't connect which is why they ultimately called it how they did.

Scoots
04-17-2018, 12:59 PM

I also think intent was there even if he didn't connect which is why they ultimately called it how they did.

I think the intent was to get his arm away from Bertans, and maybe to scare him, but if he wanted to elbow him he needn't have brought the elbow up so high. Regardless of intent it was dumb and is a foul 10 times out of 10 (if the refs see it), but after review it shouldn't have been a flagrant because of the obvious flop. As long as the refs reward flops they will keep happening.

nastynice
04-17-2018, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure. Maybe there isn't that one guy in the league anymore but we all know Draymond is with the b.s then likes to flap his gums(literally) as he walks away.

What he needs to do is rush them in the locker room after the game.. :)

TrueFan420
04-17-2018, 01:10 PM

O agreed it def does. Which is unfortunate, as it shouldn't.

Intent to what tho? Injury him? Get the player off of him?

At what point does being fouled and getting hit by someone else with no call lead to a person being forced to be physical back? Then on top of it knowing where to draw the line. If so much physicality is being allowed it's a natural progression for it to escalate till it's called. If the refs don't call it they can't turn around then call a flagrant first thing if they haven't set the tone of what's ok in the game. That needs to be set early and reminded as the game progresses.

Outside of this particular play it's been a massive issue in the NBA. There is zero consistency. From player to player, game to game, sometimes quarter to quarter, reg season to playoffs, crew to crew, etc. The league needs to improve this drastically.

Htownballa1622
04-17-2018, 02:17 PM
O agreed it def does. Which is unfortunate, as it shouldn't.

Intent to what tho? Injury him? Get the player off of him?

At what point does being fouled and getting hit by someone else with no call lead to a person being forced to be physical back? Then on top of it knowing where to draw the line. If so much physicality is being allowed it's a natural progression for it to escalate till it's called. If the refs don't call it they can't turn around then call a flagrant first thing if they haven't set the tone of what's ok in the game. That needs to be set early and reminded as the game progresses.

Outside of this particular play it's been a massive issue in the NBA. There is zero consistency. From player to player, game to game, sometimes quarter to quarter, reg season to playoffs, crew to crew, etc. The league needs to improve this drastically.

I'm not sure of intent but I guess what I'm saying is the intent was it looked bad when you swing your elbow near someone's face.

I agree 1000% with you on the rest of your post and it's a huge problem.

Htownballa1622
04-17-2018, 02:17 PM
What he needs to do is rush them in the locker room after the game.. :)

Draymond would never ;)

He's not about that life :p

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 08:38 PM
Pop's wife just passed away. Man.. this was a brutal season for him.

Htownballa1622
04-18-2018, 08:54 PM
Very sad for Pop. Rip.

COOLbeans
04-18-2018, 09:03 PM
Yea thatís a bummer. I wonder if heíll coach tomorrow.

likemystylez
04-18-2018, 11:05 PM
Pop's wife just passed away. Man.. this was a brutal season for him.

is there any info on her passing? had she been sick already or was it like a heart attack or something completely unforeseen?

jason
04-18-2018, 11:05 PM
Basically. But who cares. Draymond has O leash and he did enough that there was no doubt he would get dinged. The only reason I even responded was because of the predictable responses of guys like kdSpurman and the Sadtramp. It's a nothing play. Playing the 2nd rate Spurs with the 2nd rate Warriors is barely watchable for me as is. I'm ready for round 2.Pretty much. They love over exaggerating when it comes to Draymond. Did he get him? Sure but he sold it big time

kdspurman
04-18-2018, 11:14 PM
is there any info on her passing? had she been sick already or was it like a heart attack or something completely unforeseen?

She's been ill for sometime, so it's not totally out of the blue. No details (as expected). His family has been kept out of the limelight, by no surprise

FlashBolt
04-18-2018, 11:18 PM

first i've heard of it but that's Pop.. being a professional not distracting his team.

Saddletramp
04-19-2018, 02:58 AM
Pretty much. They love over exaggerating when it comes to Draymond.

He's earned it.

Did he get him? Sure but he sold it big time

Big time? Green hit him pretty damn hard. You guys are making it sound like it was a Euroleague soccer game flop.

"Big time"......what the ****.

kdspurman
04-19-2018, 11:41 AM
Pop is not coaching tonight, as expected. Messina will take over

kdspurman
04-19-2018, 11:49 AM
first i've heard of it but that's Pop.. being a professional not distracting his team.

That's what he's all about.

tredigs
04-19-2018, 12:28 PM
That's really a shame she has been sick for so long. I can't help but wonder how Pop will choose to move forward. Here's hoping he has a few more great years left in the league.

Saddletramp
04-19-2018, 02:21 PM
I was wondering if this might be it for him. I remember a few years back he was considering retirement to spend time with his family and his vineyard. Then again, maybe continuing coaching can help him mentally deal with his loss. Death is always tough, but a longtime spouse/partner like that? I feel for the guy and it puts a lot of our petty bickering into perspective.

nastynice
04-19-2018, 02:21 PM
Pop is not coaching tonight, as expected. Messina will take over

Damn, thatís crazy

BKLYNpigeon
04-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Pop will be back coaching. He's got Team USA duties too.

Scoots
04-19-2018, 04:02 PM
Messina should be on the short list for every team looking for a coach ... I wonder if this might lead to him turning down those opportunities to stay with the Spurs a little longer?

Chronz
04-19-2018, 04:29 PM
Will I regret giving the spurs a game or is gs going toget bored soon

kdspurman
04-19-2018, 04:52 PM
Will I regret giving the spurs a game or is gs going toget bored soon

I actually liked them going into this game initially. They played well last game, but just couldn't stay close in the last 10 mins. They shot 4-28 from 3, so that's definitely not a recipe for success. Gotta think some of those drop at home.

But now I'm not sure what kind of team we'll see, a couple of the guys said how it'll be tough to play and focus on the game with what's going on with Pop and him not being there.

tredigs
04-19-2018, 06:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4z2-jgigXc&feature=youtu.be

I just love Manu. Great tribute vid here.

Scoots
04-19-2018, 07:19 PM
Manu had a Manu play last game in the 3rd where he drove the lane and made a pass back out to the 3 point line. I swear he made the ball go behind his back and through at least one player to get it there.