PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Fire Hornacek

HeartOfStarks
04-12-2018, 01:52 AM
Per Woj, fired upon his return to NY after the game

hughest4
04-12-2018, 01:59 AM
Hornacek really never had a chance.
Should be interesting to see who the next coach is.

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 02:04 AM
Oh wow, what a surprise.

HeartOfStarks
04-12-2018, 02:04 AM

Im a sort of hoping for a younger, lesser known in NBA circles type ala Brad Stevens, but well probably go with like Don Nelson or Mike Brown or Stu Jackson or something brilliant like that cause were the Knicks.

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 02:07 AM
Im a sort of hoping for a younger, lesser known in NBA circles type ala Brad Stevens, but well probably go with like Don Nelson or Mike Brown or Stu Jackson or something brilliant like that cause were the Knicks.

Mark Jackson is my take.

HeartOfStarks
04-12-2018, 02:40 AM
Mark Jackson is my take.

Yeah him or Doc or Kidd is most likel Id guess; could be Fizdale or a guy like Stackhouse as a wildcard too.

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 02:42 AM
Yeah him or Doc or Kidd is most likel Id guess; could be Fizdale or a guy like Stackhouse as a wildcard too.

They are saying Fizz, Mark J., and Blatt are in consideration. I would like to see Blatt get an opportunity. He'll use KP far better than any coach KP has had.

JasonJohnHorn
04-12-2018, 07:20 AM

Well... they've already given the job t both Nelsn and Jackson in the past, so I guess they'll be stuck with Mike Brown ;-)

But hey... Stu Jacksn did with Coach of the Month in December of 1989 :-)

JasonJohnHorn
04-12-2018, 07:22 AM

From what we saw of him in Phoenix, it looks like he can coach, but you are right. When you get hired by another coach to implement his system instead of your own... well...

That first season poisoned Hornecek's relationship with his players. And this squad simply wasn' good.

cheetos185
04-12-2018, 07:58 AM
From what we saw of him in Phoenix, it looks like he can coach, but you are right. When you get hired by another coach to implement his system instead of your own... well...

That first season poisoned Hornecek's relationship with his players. And this squad simply wasn' good.The players actually defended Jeff all season granted they're not good enough but I could never understand why Knicks were the only team shooting so many long midrange all year. The nets are worse then Knicks without KP and even they understood 3pt is better than long midrange shots.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

JAZZNC
04-12-2018, 08:00 AM
Blatt definitely deserves another chance. He got totally screwed in Cleveland. A younger team without an ego like LeBron would be a good spot for him to land.

It'll probably be a while before he gets another chance but I think Horny can coach. He was just put in some bad spots as well.

warfelg
04-12-2018, 09:32 AM
I feel bad for him. Incompetent FO, bad team, star player goes down, yet gets fired. After 2 seasons too. This is a little absurd. Too quick to blame the coaches.

Now I get there's some "not my guy" when it's a new FO allowing to make that change, but man, to point to record as to why you fired him when he was given crap players is not on the level.

Scoots
04-12-2018, 09:49 AM
As much as I dislike Dolan, I like too many Knicks fans to wish Doc or Mark Jackson on them.

I still don't know if Mike Brown can coach, I've never seen him in a good situation other than with the Warriors, and that team was still being run by Kerr.

Stack seems like the sort they may go for because he has a "name" ... Vanterpool, Messina, or Udoka would probably be the best way to go. Blatt would be interesting too, but he's got baggage.

xxplayerxx23
04-12-2018, 10:57 AM
I feel bad for him. Incompetent FO, bad team, star player goes down, yet gets fired. After 2 seasons too. This is a little absurd. Too quick to blame the coaches.

Now I get there's some "not my guy" when it's a new FO allowing to make that change, but man, to point to record as to why you fired him when he was given crap players is not on the level.

Its not the gms guy thats what this was. Wasnt a huge fan of the coach but he wasnt that bad. Simply the GM wants to hire his guy

xxplayerxx23
04-12-2018, 10:58 AM
They reached out to jay wright

ewing
04-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Team played decently before KP went down considering talent level and other injuries. There were stories about him having problems with the players and you could observe some of that but I don't put much credence in what the media media had to say about it b/c Dolan is media obsessed and has a history of planting stories.