PDA

View Full Version : Durant is opting out this summer

HandsOnTheWheel
04-11-2018, 08:19 AM
He will be reworking his contract with the Warriors in hopes of "presumably" scoring a long term deal. Here's a breakdown of his options from Haynes

Option A: He can sign a two-year deal with a 2019-20 player option in which the first-year earnings would be $30 million and the option year worth $31.5 million. The only benefit in signing this contract is that the salary cap is expected to jump from $101 million (2018-19) to $108 million (2019-20). Durant could then opt out after the 2018-19 season and sign a five-year, $219 million contract. It would be the largest deal in NBA history if San Antonio forward Kawhi Leonard doesn't sign a super max this summer.

Nonetheless, the Warriors' luxury tax bill in 2019 would be astronomical. Durant's five-year income breakdown would be $37.8 million, $40.8 million, $43.8 million, $46.8 million and $49.9 million.

Option B: He can sign a four-year max contract valued at around $158 million. His annual pay would be $35.3 million, $38.2 million, $41 million and $43.8 million.

Option C: He can agree to a three-year deal with a player option after the second season. His income would go from $35.3 million to $38.2 million, and the option year would be $41 million. The salary cap in 2020-21 is expected to be approximately $112 million. Or, in this scenario, Durant could opt out and sign a five-year, $228 million contract with a starting salary of $39.4 million -- the same contract Anthony Davis is eligible to sign with New Orleans in 2019.

Under Option C, Durant would be eligible for a no-trade clause because he would have played four seasons with the Warriors and been in the NBA for eight seasons. But the Warriors' negotiations with Stephen Curry last summer showed that the team's ownership is reluctant to put a no-trade clause in a contract.

In early March, Durant told The Athletic: "It made sense to do the one-year deal. I'm sure here soon I'll want to sign a long-term deal just to feel stable. But I'm enjoying every moment of it, so I'm not trying to look too far down the line."

Durant, 29, finished the 2017-18 regular-season campaign with averages of 26.4 points, 6.8 rebounds and 5.4 assists.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23109223/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-plans-decline-player-option-restructure-deal

Thoughts?

warfelg
04-11-2018, 08:54 AM
He's resigning with GSW, that isn't a question. It's either going to be a 1+1 or a 5 year. I think he goes one more 1+1, then the 5 year after that.

This is the hell that most GSW said wouldn't happen is about to happen.

tredigs
04-11-2018, 09:25 AM
He's resigning with GSW, that isn't a question. It's either going to be a 1+1 or a 5 year. I think he goes one more 1+1, then the 5 year after that.

What hell is that? That the owner will be faced with luxury tax decisions? It's not news.

TrueFan420
04-11-2018, 10:04 AM

What hell? If we keep winning it won't matter. The owner has said he will pay the tax as we make more than enough to cover it. The trick will be keeping Klay but that has more to do with him wanting to be a piece of the team or try to be the man. Klay seems like he's good with being a piece.

warfelg
04-11-2018, 10:22 AM
Oh I can't wait until the day Curry is making $40mil, Livington $7.6mil, Iggy $17mil, Draymond $18mil, and KD is signed for $40mil. Then you let Klay walk because paying 5 players a combined $122.6mil and the rest of the roster costs you another $30mil.

This is going to be so fun.

$180mil in salaries means in actuality they will have to pay $250mil in taxes.

The Warriors will lose someone important in the next 3 offseasons because of the tax.

Scoots
04-11-2018, 10:27 AM
Oh I can't wait until the day Curry is making $40mil, Livington $7.6mil, Iggy $17mil, Draymond $18mil, and KD is signed for $40mil. Then you let Klay walk because paying 5 players a combined $122.6mil and the rest of the roster costs you another $30mil.

The Warriors will lose someone important in the next 3 offseasons because of the tax.

The Warriors owners are desperate to keep the team together until the team has won big in the new arena.

Why would it be fun for you?

tredigs
04-11-2018, 10:29 AM

I'm in love with this version of hell you describe.

ewing
04-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Nice timing

warfelg
04-11-2018, 10:33 AM
The Warriors owners are desperate to keep the team together until the team has won big in the new arena.

Why would it be fun for you?

Because that isn't going to happen.

tredigs
04-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Nice timing

This has been the plan all along. He did a 1+1 at a lower salary in order to give the Warriors the cap for iguodala+Livingston and restructure his own contract this season. The "opt out" is a formality that goes back a year on this contract.

tredigs
04-11-2018, 10:38 AM
To be fair, you don't seem to have any clue what you're talking about.

ewing
04-11-2018, 10:40 AM
This has been the plan all along. He did a 1+1 at a lower salary in order to give the Warriors the cap for iguodala+Livingston and restructure his own contract this season. The "opt out" is a formality that goes back a year on this contract.

Did it need to become news the last week of the season, when the team is struggling, right after getting blown out by the Jazz? IDK, i feel like if I'm Shaun Livingston or some other guy making a 3rd or less then KD I might be pissed off

tredigs
04-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Did it need to become news the last week of the season, when the team is struggling, right after getting blown out by the Jazz? IDK, i feel like if I'm Shaun Livingston or some other guy making a 3rd or less then KD I might be pissed off
It's not news, is the point. At least not to the Warriors players/management or fans that paid attention to the deal he took. This is just part B of how his contract was structured.

Vee-Rex
04-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Is there any chance KD bolts?

Just wondering.

mavwar53
04-11-2018, 10:54 AM

Hate is just jealousy in a poor disguise, but as a warriors fan it is beautiful.

TrueFan420
04-11-2018, 10:55 AM

Klay won't walk. He will re up for less than max. Actually think he does a 1+1. Then opts out after one. Green, Iggy and Shaun are all up that same year. Iggy, who's 34, will retire or come back on vet min. Shaun, who's 32, will do the same. Klay and Green get theirs. Core 4 stays and the warriors continue to develop their depth around them on top of the vets that will continue to flock to them at a discounted 1 year deal.

250 mil in tax might mean something to a sixers fan but it means zero to me. Our ownership group has deep pockets, their in the green now even with the tax and their moving into a new stadium with all new endorsement deals which will make them even more. Ownership has said multiple times they'll pay up whatever it takes to keep this team winning.

Vee-Rex
04-11-2018, 10:57 AM
250 mil in tax might mean something to a sixers fan but it means zero to me. Our ownership group has deep pockets, their in the green now even with the tax and their moving into a new stadium with all new endorsement deals which will make them even more. Ownership has said multiple times they'll pay up whatever it takes to keep this team winning.

250 mil in tax is a REALLY big deal. I can tell how much it frustrates Dan Gilbert to pay taxes and he's richer than your owner.

europagnpilgrim
04-11-2018, 11:00 AM
KD to the Knicks

KD goes back to OKC

those are long shots and I feel he will eventually re up in some fashion with dubs

I wonder if he is going to take any meetings with teams or just exclusively negotiate with dubs

warfelg
04-11-2018, 11:00 AM
To be fair, you don't seem to have any clue what you're talking about.

The fact thatís your go to line shows you arenít even to talk about it.

Letís say Durant does one more 1+1 and goes for the max after that. Heís at $41 mil (give or take). Klay signs a max when his deal is up, and if itís a say $110 mil cap heís at $33mil+ a year.

The Warriors now have $155+ mil into six players.

Over the soft cap and into the tax by a big amount with half a roster. Oh and your a couple of years in so itís an escalation tax. So another 6-9 guys even at the minimum is an additional $18-27 mil. Thatís mid range assuming no exemptions are used and no current rookie salary guys are extended.

Underlying all of this is this is a business. Itís all great but continuing to lose money, even if you are winning, is not sustainable. So the new arena means some loans have to be taken out. That means paying the loans on top of salary and tax. The means merch, tickets, ads, concessions are all more expensive. Could impact attendance or in arena sales. Hurts their business.

Of course the counter is sign everyone like that, have a weak bench, maybe win more maybe not, when guys arenít worth their contract anymore it actually costs you to move them, and then you fall on a potential long time of hardship.

TrueFan420
04-11-2018, 11:08 AM
250 mil in tax is a REALLY big deal. I can tell how much it frustrates Dan Gilbert to pay taxes and he's richer than your owner.

Common misconception, we don't A owner. We have a group of them. There's just a face (or in this case 2) of the ownership group.

Your right it's a lot of money. However, their still in the green. Even with the taxes their making a lot of money off of their endorsement deals and with the new stadium they need to have a winning team during the opening years. That will only drive up the price of deals they make. Not to mention that they bought them at I believe around 450million and the teams net worth is now 2 billion. The team will stay together. Only chance Klay walks is if he wants a chance to be the man but Klay seems to like to be in his role. He's a super low key dude and has gone on record that the only thing he wants is to be a part of a winning team.

Htownballa1622
04-11-2018, 11:09 AM

Just wondering.

If the Warriors didn't win it all this year, it'd be on brand for him to bounce to the next team that wins it all.

:p

TrueFan420
04-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Underlying all of this is this is a business. Itís all great but continuing to lose money, even if you are winning, is not sustainable. So the new arena means some loans have to be taken out. That means paying the loans on top of salary and tax. The means merch, tickets, ads, concessions are all more expensive. Could impact attendance or in arena sales. Hurts their business.

Their not losing money tho

TrueFan420
04-11-2018, 11:13 AM

Just wondering.

I'd never say never but it's extremely unlikely.

Vee-Rex
04-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Common misconception, we don't A owner. We have a group of them. There's just a face (or in this case 2) of the ownership group.

Your right it's a lot of money. However, their still in the green. Even with the taxes their making a lot of money off of their endorsement deals and with the new stadium they need to have a winning team during the opening years. That will only drive up the price of deals they make. Not to mention that they bought them at I believe around 450million and the teams net worth is now 2 billion. The team will stay together. Only chance Klay walks is if he wants a chance to be the man but Klay seems to like to be in his role. He's a super low key dude and has gone on record that the only thing he wants is to be a part of a winning team.

Let me put it this way:

Your entire ownership group's net worth is not worth more than Gilbert's + Gund's.

Gilbert was very frustrated with SMALL amounts of luxury tax.

Your team isn't paying 250 million in luxury tax.

TrueFan420
04-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Let me put it this way:

Your entire ownership group's net worth is not worth more than Gilbert's + Gund's.

Gilbert was very frustrated with SMALL amounts of luxury tax.

Your team isn't paying 250 million in luxury tax.

That very well could be true.

That is true.

Gilbert isn't making the same type of money off of the Cavs in Cleveland as our ownership group is making off of the Warriors in the Bay Area. Time will tell.

c.c.
04-11-2018, 11:33 AM
If the Warriors didn't win it all this year, it'd be on brand for him to bounce to the next team that wins it all.

The Warriors gonna go up 3-1 on the Rockets in the WCF then end up losing in 7. After humiliating the Warriors, the Rockets are going to go the Finals and when it all!

Then when free agency time come around, KD is gonna come to the 2018 NBA Champion Rockets.

Lol Iím j/k KD would never do such a thing (or would he)

tredigs
04-11-2018, 11:51 AM
The fact thatís your go to line shows you arenít even to talk about it.

Letís say Durant does one more 1+1 and goes for the max after that. Heís at $41 mil (give or take). Klay signs a max when his deal is up, and if itís a say $110 mil cap heís at $33mil+ a year.

The Warriors now have $155+ mil into six players.

Over the soft cap and into the tax by a big amount with half a roster. Oh and your a couple of years in so itís an escalation tax. So another 6-9 guys even at the minimum is an additional $18-27 mil. Thatís mid range assuming no exemptions are used and no current rookie salary guys are extended.

Of course the counter is sign everyone like that, have a weak bench, maybe win more maybe not, when guys arenít worth their contract anymore it actually costs you to move them, and then you fall on a potential long time of hardship.

Everyone is aware of the salary decisions Lacob, Meyers and co eventually have to deal. It's a fluid situation with a number of different ways to handle. They are in a ridiculously good situation currently, and going forward. Regardless if a guy like Klay is replaced by a younger piece or not. Again, lol at your version of "hell" that nobody saw coming. Welcome to 2016, when this was all in the cards.

tredigs
04-11-2018, 12:11 PM

Just wondering.

No.

WaDe03
04-11-2018, 12:13 PM
That ***** isn't leaving lol

FlashBolt
04-11-2018, 12:21 PM
That's a lot of money to shell out. It's easy to talk about another person's money but these guys aren't sitting at their office saying, "I will gladly pay millions of dollars to keep X player." Even with the massive appreciation of the Golden State Warriors, it hasn't been realized. Profits are probably one of the highest in the league but profit =/= net income. It will be a tough decision for the owners regardless of which route they go.

warfelg
04-11-2018, 12:26 PM
That's a lot of money to shell out. It's easy to talk about another person's money but these guys aren't sitting at their office saying, "I will gladly pay millions of dollars to keep X player." Even with the massive appreciation of the Golden State Warriors, it hasn't been realized. Profits are probably one of the highest in the league but profit =/= net income. It will be a tough decision for the owners regardless of which route they go.

Exactly. And doing what they can to just pay everyone can put them in a really bad place.

Itís why like the Nets owner looked to sell. He paid a lot of guys high dollar, said he was happy to pay the tax. Raised the prices on everything else, didnít make the money, looked to sell.

Scoots
04-11-2018, 12:31 PM

So, you don't like it when people mischaracterize The Process but you delight in the possible future issue of another team and their fans?

FlashBolt
04-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Exactly. And doing what they can to just pay everyone can put them in a really bad place.

Itís why like the Nets owner looked to sell. He paid a lot of guys high dollar, said he was happy to pay the tax. Raised the prices on everything else, didnít make the money, looked to sell.

Oh, that guy absolutely made a killing... He purchased the arena and the team. I think he just sold 49% of the team for what he paid for both the arena AND the team. He's laughing his booty back to Russia.

TrueFan420

They also didn't do as well with selling out the stadium and they haven't won anything where we have 2 in 3 and we're in the top end of sell outs even when we sucked. They are also second to the Knicks where we compete or lack there of against the Kings. No doubt it's a lot and there will be risk but they'll pay it and make it work.

Vallejo Raiders
if he went back would you love him again

FlashBolt
04-11-2018, 12:34 PM
if he went back would you love him again

And?

Heediot
04-11-2018, 12:44 PM

He'd look nice up front with Ben and Joel in Philly tbh.

FlashBolt
04-11-2018, 12:49 PM
I don't think some of you guys understand what the tax is and what it's for. Neither do I but here's a good guess: It's to prevent teams from stacking outrageously and leaving the bad teams with nothing. It's used to subsidize the earnings from other teams. The fact is, $250 million in LUXURY tax is more than the contracts alone. Much more. You are crazy to think an ownership will be willing to pay $400 million in salaries+tax just because the fans want them to do so. Even if Warriors operate at the highest net income, there is no way they are making that much money to cover the luxury tax. At some point, the owners will come to the realization that it's too much and find replacements. There's a cost-benefit to everything. These owners aren't willing to lose hundreds of millions just to win a title every season. They'll end up broke.

warfelg
04-11-2018, 01:15 PM
So, you don't like it when people mischaracterize The Process but you delight in the possible future issue of another team and their fans?

Not taking delight. Iím taking delight in thinking itís always going to keep working with little acknowledgement that it could go the other way.

Also mischaracterizing isnít what Iím doing. Iím saying thereís a chance they donít keep everyone because of the tax. Thereís no mischaracterizing. Thatís like when people said that picks could be busts or injured and never play. They didnít mischaracterize. They looked at the reality.

Iím looking at the reality that the Warriors might not keep everyone, despite the talking of how it will happen. And the more 1+1 deals KD takes, the harder it will be because his salary goes up more than the increases built into the contract. IIRC, if KD were to 1+1 all the way to allays resigning, his (KD) salary would be close to $42 million. Do you think itís likely with all the rookie deals up, still being in the repeater tax, and having 2 key guys, that the owners will give out $70+million in contracts, fill out the bench, and pay a tax that could double the effective salary?

All I see Warrior fans say is ďyeah weíre winning so why not.Ē Iím saying I donít think itís likely because thatís an astronomical number. And I think 1 of the 4 will go, most likely Klay or Draymond. Itís not an unrealistic thing to think. And at that point Iím going to chuckle a bit at every fan that said ďitís easy to keep everyone.Ē

warfelg
04-11-2018, 01:17 PM
I don't think some of you guys understand what the tax is and what it's for. Neither do I but here's a good guess: It's to prevent teams from stacking outrageously and leaving the bad teams with nothing. It's used to subsidize the earnings from other teams. The fact is, $250 million in LUXURY tax is more than the contracts alone. Much more. You are crazy to think an ownership will be willing to pay $400 million in salaries+tax just because the fans want them to do so. Even if Warriors operate at the highest net income, there is no way they are making that much money to cover the luxury tax. At some point, the owners will come to the realization that it's too much and find replacements. There's a cost-benefit to everything. These owners aren't willing to lose hundreds of millions just to win a title every season. They'll end up broke.

Exactly. And thatís what I chuckle about. The fact that thereís some think that they will pay it and there wonít be any blow back in terms of fans paying more, unmovable contracts, or ownership having financial problems.

Toxeryll
04-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Klay won't walk. He will re up for less than max. Actually think he does a 1+1. Then opts out after one. Green, Iggy and Shaun are all up that same year. Iggy, who's 34, will retire or come back on vet min. Shaun, who's 32, will do the same. Klay and Green get theirs. Core 4 stays and the warriors continue to develop their depth around them on top of the vets that will continue to flock to them at a discounted 1 year deal.

PR move, the Raptors executives always say these kinds of stuff but until I see it, I won't believe it. Most of them are business-minded, profit-driven so shrugging off that massive tax as if it was nothing seems pretty naive and silly.

Scoots
04-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Not taking delight. Iím taking delight in thinking itís always going to keep working with little acknowledgement that it could go the other way.

Also mischaracterizing isnít what Iím doing. Iím saying thereís a chance they donít keep everyone because of the tax. Thereís no mischaracterizing. Thatís like when people said that picks could be busts or injured and never play. They didnít mischaracterize. They looked at the reality.

Iím looking at the reality that the Warriors might not keep everyone, despite the talking of how it will happen. And the more 1+1 deals KD takes, the harder it will be because his salary goes up more than the increases built into the contract. IIRC, if KD were to 1+1 all the way to allays resigning, his (KD) salary would be close to $42 million. Do you think itís likely with all the rookie deals up, still being in the repeater tax, and having 2 key guys, that the owners will give out $70+million in contracts, fill out the bench, and pay a tax that could double the effective salary?

All I see Warrior fans say is ďyeah weíre winning so why not.Ē Iím saying I donít think itís likely because thatís an astronomical number. And I think 1 of the 4 will go, most likely Klay or Draymond. Itís not an unrealistic thing to think. And at that point Iím going to chuckle a bit at every fan that said ďitís easy to keep everyone.Ē

I don't doubt that there are tough decisions coming, I really didn't want Livingston and Iguodala on those contracts.

I didn't say you mischaracterized the Warriors situation, I said you didn't like it when people did it with The Process, so why would you enjoy people talking and taking shots at someone elses team?

That said, without a doubt it can't go forever, but even at $400M in total salary expense they can still make money for a time.

I would guess Draymond may be the first to go, but it could be KD or Curry or Klay too. They need to get under the tax for a moment to reset the recurring penalty, but really all that matters is the core players.

Scoots
04-11-2018, 03:17 PM
Exactly. And thatís what I chuckle about. The fact that thereís some think that they will pay it and there wonít be any blow back in terms of fans paying more, unmovable contracts, or ownership having financial problems.

Fans are already paying more and there has already been blow back ... but there are still more buyers than there are tickets.

At no point there will be a collapse, the thing I'm saying is there is no reason it has to be in the next 2 years.

warfelg
04-11-2018, 03:28 PM
I don't doubt that there are tough decisions coming, I really didn't want Livingston and Iguodala on those contracts.

I didn't say you mischaracterized the Warriors situation, I said you didn't like it when people did it with The Process, so why would you enjoy people talking and taking shots at someone elses team?

That said, without a doubt it can't go forever, but even at $400M in total salary expense they can still make money for a time.

I would guess Draymond may be the first to go, but it could be KD or Curry or Klay too. They need to get under the tax for a moment to reset the recurring penalty, but really all that matters is the core players.

Not taking shots at the team. Laughing at fans who think it will all work and wonít lose anyone.

And your very end shows you understand some of what my point is.

nastynice
04-11-2018, 03:28 PM
KD gave up some money this year, he tryina get paid. Would be a bad look on managements not to pay him. Curry and kd are the priority, so I can see him being taken care of. Theyíll figure out a way

SfgiantsJD3
04-11-2018, 03:32 PM

The investment in the Arena will help pay for it, all the arena revenue goes to the Warriors ownership group. They may cut back in 2020 or 2021 but until they are settled in and have the season tickets sold and the 30 year licenses sold (30 year loans from fans to pay for arena) they aren't going to mess with the product on the court.

The numbers are mind-numbing. The Warriorsí combined payroll projections between this season and the 2020-21 campaign are set to be an unprecedented $1.1 billion, passing the price tag on the arena itself so long as they hand out the maximum salary contracts necessary to keep this special core together. Curry re-upped with a five-year, $201 million deal last summer, and thereís the forthcoming free agency for Kevin Durant (this summer), Klay Thompson (2019) and Green (2020) that will put them into unprecedented luxury tax territory if they're all retained.

Itís the kind of economic reality that rival teams hope short-circuits this Warriorsí run, the last, great hope that the ďSuper VillainsĒ core will be broken up. Except for one thing: Their Death Star, this 11-acre entertainment district that will help owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber balance their books with concerts and shows, doesnít have a fatal flaw.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/12/25/warriors-chase-center-steve-kerr-dynasty/979561001/

warfelg
04-11-2018, 03:56 PM
I love when people say there isnít a flaw. Thereís always a flaw. You never bank on it.

When the city of Pittsburgh build PNC and Heinz Field they put in the AE entertainment indoor/outdoor concert center thinking it would help mitigate the cost by having a year round venue that would be a pull of money. Instead they are just breaking even with that part alone year after year.

Scoots
04-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Not taking shots at the team. Laughing at fans who think it will all work and wonít lose anyone.

And your very end shows you understand some of what my point is.

And what I wonder about is why you would want to laugh at fans when you didn't like it when people were taking shots at your team?

Scoots
04-11-2018, 04:23 PM
I love when people say there isnít a flaw. Thereís always a flaw. You never bank on it.

When the city of Pittsburgh build PNC and Heinz Field they put in the AE entertainment indoor/outdoor concert center thinking it would help mitigate the cost by having a year round venue that would be a pull of money. Instead they are just breaking even with that part alone year after year.

I've lived near Pittsburgh when they were built and near SF when the SF Giants new park was built ... they are not comparable in nearly any way. The Steelers and Pirates have never drawn like the Warriors do. The SF Giants have shown what a quality stadium in the city can do, and they don't have the advantage of being an indoor arena. It may not work out as well as the Warriors say it will (seldom ever goes as well as we dream it might), but there is no reason to think it won't make a LOT of money for the owners. The Warriors have been profitable every year for the owners, and they bought the team 7 years ago for $450M and it's now valued at $3.1B, and that's before the new arena is factored in. When they say they can afford the $400M payroll they really can. That doesn't mean they will like it year after year after year, but they definitely are planning to keep it going at least through the first year in the new arena.

warfelg
04-11-2018, 04:34 PM
And what I wonder about is why you would want to laugh at fans when you didn't like it when people were taking shots at your team?

Your confusing two different things.

People were taking shots at the team saying it will never work, never be good, Embiid will never play, etc. Fans still realized it can go wrong. We acknowledged it could go wrong.

Iím gonna laugh when the fans say everything is great that the Warriors will easily keep everyone and it wonít be a problem; and something becomes a problem. Thatís not taking a shot at the team. Thatís laughing at the fans who donít acknowledge that there are other outcomes.

Like I said, look at your one post. You admitted keeping all four core players would be tough. You seem to understand that itís a tall task to keep all of those players; and get to a reset with the tax. It seems as though others donít have that same understanding and they will just keep paying players thinking that the sales of everything will take care of it.

It wonít. You can say now that people will still get it. Thatís ok. But at some point that $65 nose bleed is going to cost $130. Whoís taking that ticket? The family that was paying $65 canít. Do you think the lower bowl people will make that move.

So yes I defended my team but admitted it can go wrong. And yes Iím going to laugh at those people who blindly say the Warriors can keep everyone. No they donít contradict.

warfelg
04-11-2018, 04:36 PM
I've lived near Pittsburgh when they were built and near SF when the SF Giants new park was built ... they are not comparable in nearly any way. The Steelers and Pirates have never drawn like the Warriors do. The SF Giants have shown what a quality stadium in the city can do, and they don't have the advantage of being an indoor arena. It may not work out as well as the Warriors say it will (seldom ever goes as well as we dream it might), but there is no reason to think it won't make a LOT of money for the owners. The Warriors have been profitable every year for the owners, and they bought the team 7 years ago for $450M and it's now valued at $3.1B, and that's before the new arena is factored in. When they say they can afford the $400M payroll they really can. That doesn't mean they will like it year after year after year, but they definitely are planning to keep it going at least through the first year in the new arena.

The Steelers havenít drawn like the Warriors? Thatís cute. The Steelers have a 130 year season ticket waiting list.

Also valuation has nothing to do with cash on hand needed to pay the tax.

tredigs
04-11-2018, 05:11 PM
The Steelers havenít drawn like the Warriors? Thatís cute. The Steelers have a 130 year season ticket waiting list.

What does have to do with cash on hand to pay the tax, is being the first NBA team to offer 30 year personal seat licenses for their ~12k season ticket holders (of which there is a 50,000 person and growing wait list) where every customer has to put down 15-30K for the license itself (which is effectively an interest free loan to the team that will be paid back in the year 2050). It gives them an extra ~240 million of cash to invest in the team in the immediate future if need be (that's obviously not counting actual ticket prices, concessions, etc of the new stadium they personally own).

Don't worry so much about GS Warf. They're gonna be just fine.

Saddletramp
04-11-2018, 06:10 PM
Those guys (Lacomb and Co.) seem super competitive. Gilbert seems like a cheap bastard that would rather make more money and lose than make less money and be title favorites every year. Especially now that he has a Cavs championship.

And it's not like Lacomb and Co. aren't making hand over fists in other endevours while still making record profits with the new arena and the team. They're the new Lakers/Yankees and they're not going anywhere.

Saddletramp
04-11-2018, 06:20 PM
I'm pretty sure KD isn't quick to sign long term because he might be starting to see some chinks in the armor. He might be thinking that Curry has been hurt a bit too much for his liking this year and what if it persists? What if this is the start of the downward spiral for those ankles?

When Livingston and Iguodala retire, will the next main backups be on their level? They're not making nor have they seemed inclined to make the minimum salaries that new guys coming in will be forced to saddle up with. Are they going to be getting more JaVales and Casspis and maybe a David West type? West is still decent but he's not Iggy or Livingston.

Will Klay be worth 1/3 or 1/4 the cap? He's a great catch and shoot guy and a great defender but.......is he worth as much as he might command? And Draymond seems like the kind of guy that will diminish quickly when he goes and what if that's after he re-signs for 1/3 or 1/4 of the cap? And when will Draymond finally piss everyone off enough to get the boot? Will that throw everything off? Could they get equal value and still be as great as they are without Green?

No idea if KD and Kerr are good or if it might escalate further? Might be a non-issue, might be a power struggle for who leaves.

Also wondering what he'd think if they didn't win the title this year or this year and next. He might be ready to fly over to Philly or Boston or somewhere. He's done it before when things got tough and he wasn't signed long term.

FlashBolt
04-11-2018, 06:24 PM
I read an article a year ago that Lacob offered Steph below max. Is that true? Apparently Steph was willing to take less but since it wouldn't have affected the cap, it didn't matter and so he could get paid without it affecting the cap. I'm not saying Lacob wouldn't do it but it's his money. Let's wait and see but from my perspective, I always treat NBA owners as businessmen first and fans second. Even the Rockets owner admitted it.

FlashBolt
04-11-2018, 06:25 PM
I'm pretty sure KD isn't quick to sign long term because he might be starting to see some chinks in the armor. He might be thinking that Curry has been hurt a bit too much for his liking this year and what if it persists? What if this is the start of the downward spiral for those ankles?

When Livingston and Iguodala retire, will the next main backups be on their level? They're not making nor have they seemed inclined to make the minimum salaries that new guys coming in will be forced to saddle up with. Are they going to be getting more JaVales and Casspis and maybe a David West type? West is still decent but he's not Iggy or Livingston.

Will Klay be worth 1/3 or 1/4 the cap? He's a great catch and shoot guy and a great defender but.......is he worth as much as he might command? And Draymond seems like the kind of guy that will diminish quickly when he goes and what if that's after he re-signs for 1/3 or 1/4 of the cap? And when will Draymond finally piss everyone off enough to get the boot? Will that throw everything off? Could they get equal value and still be as great as they are without Green?

No idea if KD and Kerr are good or if it might escalate further? Might be a non-issue, might be a power struggle for who leaves.

Also wondering what he'd think if they didn't win the title this year or this year and next. He might be ready to fly over to Philly or Boston or somewhere. He's done it before when things got tough and he wasn't signed long term.

I doubt this. I think losing and then resigning would fare better for KD than if he were to lose and then leave. He's already one of the most disliked athletes in the NBA. If he loses and resigns with the Warriors, his ring would be a bit more validated.

Scoots
04-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Your confusing two different things.

People were taking shots at the team saying it will never work, never be good, Embiid will never play, etc. Fans still realized it can go wrong. We acknowledged it could go wrong.

Iím gonna laugh when the fans say everything is great that the Warriors will easily keep everyone and it wonít be a problem; and something becomes a problem. Thatís not taking a shot at the team. Thatís laughing at the fans who donít acknowledge that there are other outcomes.

Like I said, look at your one post. You admitted keeping all four core players would be tough. You seem to understand that itís a tall task to keep all of those players; and get to a reset with the tax. It seems as though others donít have that same understanding and they will just keep paying players thinking that the sales of everything will take care of it.

It wonít. You can say now that people will still get it. Thatís ok. But at some point that $65 nose bleed is going to cost $130. Whoís taking that ticket? The family that was paying $65 canít. Do you think the lower bowl people will make that move.

So yes I defended my team but admitted it can go wrong. And yes Iím going to laugh at those people who blindly say the Warriors can keep everyone. No they donít contradict.

Who has blindly said the Warriors will never lose anyone? Or is this really just about a couple specific annoying users here?

Scoots
04-11-2018, 06:43 PM

I said the Steelers and the Pirates since those were the teams using the new facilities. And the money those Steelers fans are paying is far less than the Warriors fans are paying, also the Steelers fans tailgate and don't tend to shop in the area, they drive in tailgate with stuff they brought, and then they leave. Pittsburgh's economy was not near as strong then as SFs is now. The point was that the situations are very different.

The valuation of a corporation has a major effect on cash on hand.

Scoots
04-11-2018, 06:47 PM
I read an article a year ago that Lacob offered Steph below max. Is that true? Apparently Steph was willing to take less but since it wouldn't have affected the cap, it didn't matter and so he could get paid without it affecting the cap. I'm not saying Lacob wouldn't do it but it's his money. Let's wait and see but from my perspective, I always treat NBA owners as businessmen first and fans second. Even the Rockets owner admitted it.

Yeah, the Warriors talk to all of their players about what they want and what it will mean to the team they are on going forward. KD, Klay, and Draymond have all said they'd consider taking less than the max, and all have already done it once (though some left more on the table than others)

Scoots
04-11-2018, 06:49 PM
I doubt this. I think losing and then resigning would fare better for KD than if he were to lose and then leave. He's already one of the most disliked athletes in the NBA. If he loses and resigns with the Warriors, his ring would be a bit more validated.

Genuinely curious ... how do you figure out who is the most disliked? Considering that KD's jersey sales are near the top it must be people are buying the jerseys just to prank him because they dislike him?

FlashBolt
04-11-2018, 06:54 PM
Genuinely curious ... how do you figure out who is the most disliked? Considering that KD's jersey sales are near the top it must be people are buying the jerseys just to prank him because they dislike him?

Just from most people, forums, social media, etc., And jersey sales aren't evidence he isn't one of the most hated. You do realize LeBron is and was constantly one of the most hated athletes, right? Plenty of people dislike the guy.

warfelg
04-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Who has blindly said the Warriors will never lose anyone? Or is this really just about a couple specific annoying users here?

The bolded.

warfelg
04-11-2018, 07:11 PM
I said the Steelers and the Pirates since those were the teams using the new facilities. And the money those Steelers fans are paying is far less than the Warriors fans are paying, also the Steelers fans tailgate and don't tend to shop in the area, they drive in tailgate with stuff they brought, and then they leave. Pittsburgh's economy was not near as strong then as SFs is now. The point was that the situations are very different.

The valuation of a corporation has a major effect on cash on hand.

Yes, but building a new arena, entertainment complex, taxes, the property.....that all has an effect. Building all of that is costing the ownership money, whether they are paying upfront (supremely unlikely) or getting loans to pay it off (most likely). That means payments on all of it. Paying staff to run it. Paying for entertainers to come there (yes that's the way that works).

My estimation is at some point Lacome and company will have to liquidate some holding to keep up with a high tax on the team, payments on the arena, payments on the property loans; and someone within ownership will want to find a way to stop that from happening.

This is almost exactly what happened when Croce/Snider owned the Sixers/Flyers. The teams were in the tax, they paid to build the new arena, and they leased the land to make it happen. Then it became too much to keep up with everything. Snider, to get an influx of cash, sold the Sixers (who he didn't care about) so that he could have enough money to keep pushing the Flyers (as opposed to liquidate assets to pay for the sports teams). Snider could have sold some stake in Comcast to keep the sports teams afloat, but he went another direction. That's where we ended up with Harris & Co, Bynum trade, Hinkie, Process (TM), all the way to where we are.

Deep breath

The Warriors ownership is invested, emotionally as well as financially, into the team. I don't see them selling as easily as Snider sold the Sixers when times got tough. So that means they will have to look to cut spending somewhere (I don't buy blindly into the fact that they will that easily have cash on hand); and for them to keep the team that means that the easiest path will be to reduce the payroll to get out of the tax and not have to pay as much there.

Hence, sooner rather than later the Warriors will let someone in the main 4 walk.

Personally I think it's Klay before Draymond. Draymond is the heart of the team, doesn't rely on athleticism to play his game (meaning longer career), and finding his skillset is harder than Klay. Yes Klay is the elite of the elite shooter from 3; but finding someone who can give you a good shot from out there while playing solid man defense is easier that a 4/5 who can spread the floor, run the pick and roll as either man, play tough defense, be a good passer, and be a good defender.

If I were Warriors management, I would be looking at drafting a 2/3 who can hit the 3 and spend 2 years developing him.

WhiteShadow42
04-11-2018, 08:55 PM
Yes, but building a new arena, entertainment complex, taxes, the property.....that all has an effect. Building all of that is costing the ownership money, whether they are paying upfront (supremely unlikely) or getting loans to pay it off (most likely). That means payments on all of it. Paying staff to run it. Paying for entertainers to come there (yes that's the way that works).

My estimation is at some point Lacome and company will have to liquidate some holding to keep up with a high tax on the team, payments on the arena, payments on the property loans; and someone within ownership will want to find a way to stop that from happening.

This is almost exactly what happened when Croce/Snider owned the Sixers/Flyers. The teams were in the tax, they paid to build the new arena, and they leased the land to make it happen. Then it became too much to keep up with everything. Snider, to get an influx of cash, sold the Sixers (who he didn't care about) so that he could have enough money to keep pushing the Flyers (as opposed to liquidate assets to pay for the sports teams). Snider could have sold some stake in Comcast to keep the sports teams afloat, but he went another direction. That's where we ended up with Harris & Co, Bynum trade, Hinkie, Process (TM), all the way to where we are.

Deep breath

The Warriors ownership is invested, emotionally as well as financially, into the team. I don't see them selling as easily as Snider sold the Sixers when times got tough. So that means they will have to look to cut spending somewhere (I don't buy blindly into the fact that they will that easily have cash on hand); and for them to keep the team that means that the easiest path will be to reduce the payroll to get out of the tax and not have to pay as much there.

Hence, sooner rather than later the Warriors will let someone in the main 4 walk.

Personally I think it's Klay before Draymond. Draymond is the heart of the team, doesn't rely on athleticism to play his game (meaning longer career), and finding his skillset is harder than Klay. Yes Klay is the elite of the elite shooter from 3; but finding someone who can give you a good shot from out there while playing solid man defense is easier that a 4/5 who can spread the floor, run the pick and roll as either man, play tough defense, be a good passer, and be a good defender.

If I were Warriors management, I would be looking at drafting a 2/3 who can hit the 3 and spend 2 years developing him.

Good post and very educational. What do you think of them trading Iggy and Linvingston to at least be able to keep Klay. Maybe they get a trade exception and it wont count against the luxury. I believe it still counts against the cap. Their bench would be very thin but they would be able to probably keep the big 4. Thoughts?

SfgiantsJD3
04-11-2018, 09:39 PM

Deep breath

I think they are willing to take a two year hit and then taper off, regardless of income no one likes spending 250 million they don't have to, but they feel they need to spend until the arena is operational /sold out.

This is similar to what the LA Dodgers did when they took over, they had plenty of income and spent beyond it to build a strong base for the team and the fans and now they are back to fiscal responsibility but that doesn't mean the next year for them when their CBT resets they don't start over but they had a 5 year plan and followed it.

The elephant in the room is the massive personal income / property values in downtown SF all the way through Silicon Valley. At some point the merry go round slows down again but the current economy in northern California is extremely strong driven by tech and all the supporting industries and they want to take advantage of that.

warfelg
04-11-2018, 10:13 PM
Good post and very educational. What do you think of them trading Iggy and Linvingston to at least be able to keep Klay. Maybe they get a trade exception and it wont count against the luxury. I believe it still counts against the cap. Their bench would be very thin but they would be able to probably keep the big 4. Thoughts?

Well it would thin out their bench a lot, and I suspect at this point it would cost them to move either of those guys. And on top of that it doesn't really help them if they can't get a team with space to take one of those players., then they have to do an even money trade (or at least within that 5% margin) which doesn't help you get under the cap. So that becomes why trade them unless you have to.

Scoots
04-11-2018, 11:06 PM

Deep breath

We were talking about in the next 2 years. So when you say "sooner rather than later" do you mean next year or the year after? All I've been saying is that they will probably pony up huge money to keep them together for 2 or 3 more seasons. Nobody has said they will even try to keep them together much past the primes of Curry or KD.

Draymond's athleticism was limited when he came into the league, he's had knee problems from day 1, and he's playing above his size and is very aggressive. If he loses half a step he's going to fall apart on D and his offense isn't good enough to stay on the floor.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-11-2018, 11:08 PM
We all kinda knew this.

Scoots
04-11-2018, 11:09 PM
Well it would thin out their bench a lot, and I suspect at this point it would cost them to move either of those guys. And on top of that it doesn't really help them if they can't get a team with space to take one of those players., then they have to do an even money trade (or at least within that 5% margin) which doesn't help you get under the cap. So that becomes why trade them unless you have to.

Iguodala and Livingston were showing signs of slowing down last year. I wanted them to be re-signed but they overpaid for them and gave them deals at least a year too long.

That said, if they win the next 2 titles I doubt any of the main 4 are let go in that time frame.

WhiteShadow42
04-12-2018, 11:53 AM

If the Lakers don't get their All Star guys, they probably would have enough cap space this offseason to take either Iggy or Livingston or maybe even both. It will cost Golden State a first probably.

Especially if Golden State wins the next two championships, then it will get interesting. Figure they will just raise ticket prices to crazy levels to help. Lived in the Bay Area a little. Everything is expensive so why not the Warriors.

Firefistus
04-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Here's the breakdown of how this will probably play out.

Bear in mind, Lacob's net worth is only 1.5 Billion. Gubers net worth is 800 million. (not alot in terms of owners net worth, Gail Miller, Utah Jazz owner, is considered one of the least wealthy and her net worth is a mere *cough* 1.2 Billion)

The Warriors revenue is 97 million a year as of last quarters statement which was in February. The Warriors were also barely over the tax last year, so the hardly paid anything in luxury tax. (I'm taking the assumption as the league has, that the luxury tax will increase 8% each year)

That being said here are the numbers if they keep all the players and max them out.

2018-19 season 145 Million in player salaries (rough estimate, assuming they max KD and give minimum salaries to the rest of the roster.)

The Tax will be 128 Million. That puts them 17 million over the cap. Paying about 50 million in luxury tax. That will lower the revenue down to 47 million for next year.

2019-2020 season, assuming that they max Klay Thompson out. They will pay 176 in salary, the luxury tax will be 138 million. That puts them 38 million over the luxury tax. They will be paying 175 million in luxury tax, which will result in a loss of 78 million.

2020-2021 season Warriors Max out Green, and pay player salaries of 183, assuming 4 maxed and rest is minimum salaries. Luxury tax is 149 million only putting them 34 million over the tax. That will put them at about 143 million in luxury tax giving them a yearly loss of 47 million.

This does NOT account for the loan of the new arena. Which I'm sure will add to the debt. But if the 2 owners want to pay the luxury tax to keep the team together they certainly can, I doubt they will, but it's feasable I suppose. This is also assuming that they sign the rest of their team for minimum salaries. And every one knows that if your team wins, even the bench gets insane offers from stupid teams. So that will change the bench completely for this team. I gathered all my information from various websites, likes forbes and cbafaq.com for the salary info, if the numbers aren't right someone let me know and I'll make adjustments, but I'm pretty sure these are the numbers.

Scoots
04-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Just from most people, forums, social media, etc., And jersey sales aren't evidence he isn't one of the most hated. You do realize LeBron is and was constantly one of the most hated athletes, right? Plenty of people dislike the guy.

I think in both cases it's a vocal minority, it just seems like a lot because a lot of people talk about them. In the case of LeBron it seems most LeBron fans seem to think he's hated by people who don't hate him and they take it as a fact.

Scoots
04-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Here's the breakdown of how this will probably play out.

Bear in mind, Lacob's net worth is only 1.5 Billion. Gubers net worth is 800 million. (not alot in terms of owners net worth, Gail Miller, Utah Jazz owner, is considered one of the least wealthy and her net worth is a mere *cough* 1.2 Billion)

The Warriors revenue is 97 million a year as of last quarters statement which was in February. The Warriors were also barely over the tax last year, so the hardly paid anything in luxury tax. (I'm taking the assumption as the league has, that the luxury tax will increase 8% each year)

That being said here are the numbers if they keep all the players and max them out.

2018-19 season 145 Million in player salaries (rough estimate, assuming they max KD and give minimum salaries to the rest of the roster.)

The Tax will be 128 Million. That puts them 17 million over the cap. Paying about 50 million in luxury tax. That will lower the revenue down to 47 million for next year.

2019-2020 season, assuming that they max Klay Thompson out. They will pay 176 in salary, the luxury tax will be 138 million. That puts them 38 million over the luxury tax. They will be paying 175 million in luxury tax, which will result in a loss of 78 million.

2020-2021 season Warriors Max out Green, and pay player salaries of 183, assuming 4 maxed and rest is minimum salaries. Luxury tax is 149 million only putting them 34 million over the tax. That will put them at about 143 million in luxury tax giving them a yearly loss of 47 million.

This does NOT account for the loan of the new arena. Which I'm sure will add to the debt. But if the 2 owners want to pay the luxury tax to keep the team together they certainly can, I doubt they will, but it's feasable I suppose. This is also assuming that they sign the rest of their team for minimum salaries. And every one knows that if your team wins, even the bench gets insane offers from stupid teams. So that will change the bench completely for this team. I gathered all my information from various websites, likes forbes and cbafaq.com for the salary info, if the numbers aren't right someone let me know and I'll make adjustments, but I'm pretty sure these are the numbers.

By "revenue" do you mean profit?

BKLYNpigeon
04-12-2018, 01:56 PM
The Warriors are keeping the roster intact until they dont win the Finals. If it aint Broke, why Fix it?

The tax will be Huge! but i think the warriors ownership group has all the finances worked out.

Warriors bring in a lot of Money through Ticket sales and merchandise. A Major Revenue Stream will be the New Chase Center opening up in 2 years. It will be the only arena in SF, believe it or not. It will be sold out all year long with all the concerts and tech conventions etc.

Another boost in Salary cap is the NBAs efforts to legalizing Gambling. it will give tyeams another 20+ million in salary cap.

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 02:36 PM
I think in both cases it's a vocal minority, it just seems like a lot because a lot of people talk about them. In the case of LeBron it seems most LeBron fans seem to think he's hated by people who don't hate him and they take it as a fact.

Jersey sales =/= how much you're hated. Floyd Mayweather is the PPV king. People hate the guy with a passion.

COOLbeans
04-12-2018, 02:57 PM
Warriors ownership group has some of the brightest venture capitalist minds working for them. I cannot imagine that they donít already have saefeguards and a plan in place 5 to 10 years out. Lacob is the kind of guy that rarely makes business mistakes, and his team is exceptional on the business side.

Firefistus
04-12-2018, 03:04 PM
By "revenue" do you mean profit?

technically the revenue is how much the company has made total, but I already subtracted the costs that they also posted so this is the total earned money after expenses.

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 03:09 PM
technically the revenue is how much the company has made total, but I already subtracted the costs that they also posted so this is the total earned money after expenses.

yeah i think you meant profit. No way Warriors revenue was only $96 million

Chronz
04-13-2018, 04:25 PM

I only heard about him wanting the Ntc

Chronz
04-13-2018, 05:29 PM
Jersey sales =/= how much you're hated. Floyd Mayweather is the PPV king. People hate the guy with a passion.
Aren't children the ones who want the jerseys? Lol at the notion that kds pussification has only been noted here. I literally haven't stepped into a forum, bar or other basketball setting without finding someone who agrees what a ***** he is. Including those who wearhis Jersey, the concession they make is that they just buy what's popular.

True nba fans arethere to explain tothe laymen why it's shameful to support such cowardice. It's been almost 2 years, I've yet to hear anyone coherently justify his sex change. Maybe i need to go to the bay cuz the transplants in la have almost no knowledge ofthe game

FlashBolt
04-13-2018, 05:34 PM
Aren't children the ones who want the jerseys?

Not gonna lie, I have a few jerseys... Leonard, James, KD (before he left OKC), Ray Allen, and a retro Payton jersey. Never wear it but it's always cool to have a few. at least to me

Chronz
04-13-2018, 05:34 PM
Warriors ownership group has some of the brightest venture capitalist minds working for them. I cannot imagine that they donít already have saefeguards and a plan in place 5 to 10 years out. Lacob is the kind of guy that rarely makes business mistakes, and his team is exceptional on the business side.

Really? What makes you believe so?

Chronz
04-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Not gonna lie, I have a few jerseys... Leonard, James, KD (before he left OKC), Ray Allen, and a retro Payton jersey. Never wear it but it's always cool to have a few. at least to me
I'm talking majority. I buy them too, but the jerseys I buy aren't among the best sellers. I recently found a mighty mouse raptor Jersey on the cheap.

You don't wear them? Do you hang them or something cuz i don't get thepoint otherwise. I wear them to the beach, sporting events, ironic dates ... I pity youif you buy thingsyou can never play with in public

nastynice
04-13-2018, 08:50 PM
Aren't children the ones who want the jerseys? Lol at the notion that kds pussification has only been noted here. I literally haven't stepped into a forum, bar or other basketball setting without finding someone who agrees what a ***** he is. Including those who wearhis Jersey, the concession they make is that they just buy what's popular.

True nba fans arethere to explain tothe laymen why it's shameful to support such cowardice. It's been almost 2 years, I've yet to hear anyone coherently justify his sex change. Maybe i need to go to the bay cuz the transplants in la have almost no knowledge ofthe game

I'd say 16-1 is some pretty sweet justification ;)

Chronz
04-13-2018, 11:59 PM
I'd say 16-1 is some pretty sweet justification ;)

Rather keep my dick n balls

TrueFan420
04-14-2018, 01:06 AM

"Never cut your nose off to spite your face."

FlashBolt
04-14-2018, 01:22 AM
I'm talking majority. I buy them too, but the jerseys I buy aren't among the best sellers. I recently found a mighty mouse raptor Jersey on the cheap.

You don't wear them? Do you hang them or something cuz i don't get thepoint otherwise. I wear them to the beach, sporting events, ironic dates ... I pity youif you buy thingsyou can never play with in public

I just like the look of certain ones/players. I was going to hang them up in the walls in one of my room's but NYC is really tight so I just have them in my closet. I've wore the Payton jersey a few times but the rest are brand new.

nastynice
04-14-2018, 02:22 AM

Well of course, how else you serve it up 16 and 1?

Saddletramp
04-14-2018, 04:04 AM
"Never cut your nose off to spite your face."

Lol, that's exactly what KD did.

HaHa****ingHa.

COOLbeans
04-14-2018, 07:29 PM
Really? What makes you believe so?

Executive and recent HOF inductee on the business side, Rick Welts, and also Joe Lacobs career resume is stellar. The ownership group has a lot of background in successful venture capitalism.

TrueFan420
04-14-2018, 09:38 PM
Lol, that's exactly what KD did.

HaHa****ingHa.

Joining the Warriors wouldn't meet the criteria for that but the other stuff he's done since probably have.