PDA

View Full Version : Andre Ingram: Rookie of the Night!

JasonJohnHorn
04-11-2018, 08:07 AM
For those of you who haven't heard, the 32-year-old Andre Ingram, has been playing in the G-leauge/D-league for TEN YEARS!!

He got called up for his first NBA game, put on an iconic Lakers jersey, and then proceded to go 4/5 from the arc and 6/8 from the field. Over the last three seasons, he's been averaging about .500 from the arc in the G-league.

Insane! Great feel good story. Is is the Rudy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_(film)) of the NBA.

TrueFan420
04-11-2018, 10:05 AM
I saw he signed but not his stat good. Good for him. Anyone else think this is a ploy by the NBA to bring more attention to the G League and show future 18 year olds the league will be better than college. Obviously it's not a all at once play but I think the NBA will ratchet this type of thing up.

ewing
04-11-2018, 10:17 AM
That awesome.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-11-2018, 12:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRByALoMQKE

He was awesome..loved it when the crowd went nuts after every one of his basket

Hawkeye15
04-11-2018, 04:51 PM
that is freaking awesome. Seriously

mngopher35
04-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Ya it's a cool story, good for him

JasonJohnHorn
04-11-2018, 06:47 PM
I saw he signed but not his stat good. Good for him. Anyone else think this is a ploy by the NBA to bring more attention to the G League and show future 18 year olds the league will be better than college. Obviously it's not a all at once play but I think the NBA will ratchet this type of thing up.

I think this was just the Lakers needing a roster spot filled, and giving a guy who was qualified a break.

You can only script this to a certain degree. 4/5 from the arc? You can't script that. Dude has to hit those shots.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-11-2018, 08:35 PM
What a weird follow through.

WhiteShadow42
04-11-2018, 08:40 PM

Lakers had a lot of injuries and needed a guy to fill in the roster. Great story though. Hope he plays well next game and hopefully someone signs him next year. At least a two way contract. Correct me if I am wrong but was he in the G league for ten years? Way to stick with it.

Who knows you might be right. It's only one game and we'll see what he does next game.

WhiteShadow42
04-11-2018, 08:42 PM
What a weird follow through.

Better than Lonzo's. LOL.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Better than Lonzo's. LOL.

That's not saying much lol.

ewing
04-11-2018, 08:50 PM

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
04-11-2018, 08:50 PM
I think this was just the Lakers needing a roster spot filled, and giving a guy who was qualified a break.

You can only script this to a certain degree. 4/5 from the arc? You can't script that. Dude has to hit those shots.
I'm not talking about the stats. He def had to do that on his own. I'm talking about how their marketing this.

ewing
04-11-2018, 08:59 PM
I'm not talking about the stats. He def had to do that on his own. I'm talking about how their marketing this.

Thatís possible I guess. I thought you were saying it was rigged. My bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk