PDA

View Full Version : 4/10 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
04-10-2018, 03:49 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/1hfq61.jpg

FlashBolt
04-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Never thought I would say this but Jazz is one of my favorite teams to watch lol

warfelg
04-10-2018, 07:43 PM

#fail

Vee-Rex
04-10-2018, 08:29 PM

PAOboston
04-10-2018, 08:41 PM
Jaylen Brown in beast mode in the 1st quarter of this game. 21 pts in the 1st quarter.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
04-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Should've put my life's savings on the under in the greatest tank battle of all time - suns vs. mavericks

Vee-Rex
04-10-2018, 08:51 PM
Jaylen Brown in beast mode in the 1st quarter of this game. 21 pts in the 1st quarter.

Jay-B!

He's gonna be one of my favorite players in the future.

zn23
04-10-2018, 09:25 PM
Donovan Mitchell with that hoodie lol.

I agree with him. Obviously too late to change the rules, but going forward if you miss your rookie season, you shouldn't be eligible for the ROY the following year.

JAZZNC
04-10-2018, 09:44 PM

#fail
Of course you think it's a fail, I think it's a little humorous. I don't think there is a more sensitive fan base than you Philly fans haha!

tredigs
04-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Honestly I think that's a fail too. Stand on your own two feet Mitchell. They're the same age and Mitchell got an extra year of college ball. It is what it is.

In other news, the Warriors are in so much ****ing trouble.

tredigs
04-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Should've put my life's savings on the under in the greatest tank battle of all time - suns vs. mavericks

Two caveats:

1: Phoenix has the worst record locked up. They can win with impunity.

2: The PLAYERS (whoever they are), are still trying. So while the O might be worse than their standard starters, so is the D. Over/Unders aren't that easy.

zn23
04-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Honestly I think that's a fail too. Stand on your own two feet Mitchell. They're the same age and Mitchell got an extra year of college ball. It is what it is.

In other news, the Warriors are in so much ****ing trouble.

No point in getting into this again, but an extra year in college =/= an extra year in the NBA.

PAOboston
04-10-2018, 10:10 PM
The C's series vs WAS should be a short one

tredigs
04-10-2018, 10:25 PM
No point in getting into this again, but an extra year in college =/= an extra year in the NBA.

I agree. But he shouldn't be crying like a ***** (subtly or not). I like Mitchell's game. He should be above that and let his game talk (or talk about his game, not rule semantics).

ewing
04-10-2018, 10:35 PM
I agree. But he shouldn't be crying like a ***** (subtly or not). I like Mitchell's game. He should be above that and let his game talk (or talk about his game, not rule semantics).

Agreed. Its lame. Even if he cares about ROY he should pretend he doesnít. That said Benís comments were pretty lame too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAZZNC
04-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Why the **** did the Warriors even bother showing up?

tredigs
04-10-2018, 10:49 PM
Agreed. Its lame. Even if he cares about ROY he should pretend he doesnít. That said Benís comments were pretty lame too

True.

To be fair, they're rookies.

Or at least Mitchell is.

tredigs
04-10-2018, 10:51 PM
Why the **** did the Warriors even bother showing up?

Did you watch the game? I can't watch them without Curry any more.

Did they just not try? Simply outmatched? I mean they're losing by 40-60 with their 1st round playoff roster against a team they'll have to play in the 2nd round if they make it there. Which is a big if. Not the best look.

Cal827
04-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Well, this means the Raptors have HCA in the finals vs any team not Houston :dance:... of course, if they get that far :laugh2:

Tre, is this more Golden State doesn't have anything big to play for, or is the team having chemistry problems? I'm asking cause I haven't caught much warrior games of late.

JAZZNC
04-10-2018, 11:04 PM
Did you watch the game? I can't watch them without Curry any more.

Did they just not try? Simply outmatched? I mean they're losing by 40-60 with their 1st round playoff roster against a team they'll have to play in the 2nd round if they make it there. Which is a big if. Not the best look.

Just one team really wanting this game and another that doesn't care at all. Add in poor shooting and a few bad turnovers and this is what ya get.

I figured we'd win this game but certainly wasn't expecting this with Durant and Play getting big minutes.

tredigs
04-10-2018, 11:13 PM
Just one team really wanting this game and another that doesn't care at all. Add in poor shooting and a few bad turnovers and this is what ya get.

I figured we'd win this game but certainly wasn't expecting this with Durant and Play getting big minutes.
Gotchya. Yeah agreed on both fronts concerning your last statement. I thought the Warriors would at least try to tune it in a bit in their last game of the season.

More-Than-Most
04-10-2018, 11:25 PM
Donovan Mitchell with that hoodie lol.

I agree with him. Obviously too late to change the rules, but going forward if you miss your rookie season, you shouldn't be eligible for the ROY the following year.

what about guys over seas that get drafted? I mean playing overseas in that league-------------------------------------------------------------------------------> playing here.... what about if a guy gets drafted and the team decides to sit him for the year because of how deep said team is? should we just blame guys that get drafted for a team not playing said rookie???

More-Than-Most
04-10-2018, 11:27 PM

actually i prefer bens comments... i like when someone just doesnt give the ******** well we are both having a great year and well i am more worried about championships yada yada yada... ben has that kobe mentality... he talked **** and backed it up after the all star snub as well.

Htownballa1622
04-11-2018, 12:00 AM
Luc mbah moute dislocated shoulder again on meaningless dunk. Smh. Need him for gsw series.

Julius Randle can be a good player for a contender out there. Him on okc,spurs, warriors would give me nightmares.

zn23
04-11-2018, 02:37 AM
what about guys over seas that get drafted? I mean playing overseas in that league-------------------------------------------------------------------------------> playing here.... what about if a guy gets drafted and the team decides to sit him for the year because of how deep said team is? should we just blame guys that get drafted for a team not playing said rookie???

Ok, I'm going to post this one last time.

It's not the same thing for several reasons.

First off players that get drafted and then delay their debut, for whatever reason be it they want to play in Europe or Asia or w/e, aren't getting paid by the team that drafted them. They have rights to those players, but they're not on contract. But besides that, those players aren't part of the team. They're not in meetings with the coaches/management regularly, they're not learning the play book, getting reps in practice, doing press conferences, getting top of the line strength and conditioning and nutritionists , traveling with the team from city to city, and experiencing the NBA life style which is like no other in the basketball. A lot of them have troubles adjusting to that, and some even have troubles adjusting off the court. There's a lot of factors in play here. Players like Griffin and Simmons got all those advantages heading into their "rookie season".

With Simmons, he got paid for sitting out last year. He was on contract and got $5M, and reaped the benefits of basically being an NBA equivalent of a 'redshirt freshman'. He came into the season much more prepared than any other rookie. Now I'm sure he'd rather play than sit out, but those advantage can't be ignored.

How much money did Mitchell make in college last year? Definitely not $5M.

In the end, Simmons has had a better overall year than Mitchell. He has more potential than Mitchell, he's 7'0 and can run the point and is supremely athletic and could win multiple MVPs/Championships with his team. But he's not the ROY IMO. Going forward if a player misses their rookie season, and they're on contract, then it's tough luck and they shouldn't be eligible for ROY.

CasperX22
04-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Ok, I'm going to post this one last time.

It's not the same thing for several reasons.

First off players that get drafted and then delay their debut, for whatever reason be it they want to play in Europe or Asia or w/e, aren't getting paid by the team that drafted them. They have rights to those players, but they're not on contract. But besides that, those players aren't part of the team. They're not in meetings with the coaches/management regularly, they're not learning the play book, getting reps in practice, doing press conferences, getting top of the line strength and conditioning and nutritionists , traveling with the team from city to city, and experiencing the NBA life style which is like no other in the basketball. A lot of them have troubles adjusting to that, and some even have troubles adjusting off the court. There's a lot of factors in play here. Players like Griffin and Simmons got all those advantages heading into their "rookie season".

With Simmons, he got paid for sitting out last year. He was on contract and got $5M, and reaped the benefits of basically being an NBA equivalent of a 'redshirt freshman'. He came into the season much more prepared than any other rookie. Now I'm sure he'd rather play than sit out, but those advantage can't be ignored.

How much money did Mitchell make in college last year? Definitely not $5M.

In the end, Simmons has had a better overall year than Mitchell. He has more potential than Mitchell, he's 7'0 and can run the point and is supremely athletic and could win multiple MVPs/Championships with his team. But he's not the ROY IMO. Going forward if a player misses their rookie season, and they're on contract, then it's tough luck and they shouldn't be eligible for ROY.

Such a ridiculous argument. There is no substitute for actually playing the game. How can you not be a rookie if you haven't played a professional game? If people want to argue for Mitchell, argue it on merit on the actual basketball court. And there is definitely merit based on his play depending on what you value more.

ewing
04-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Simmons should not be eligible for ROY. Iíve never felt more strongly about anything!

ewing
04-11-2018, 09:13 AM
The real question I have about Simmons is was he really hurt all last year or did the Sixers red shirt him?

warfelg
04-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Of course you think it's a fail, I think it's a little humorous. I don't think there is a more sensitive fan base than you Philly fans haha!

Read it again. "playing in his or her first season". The work playing being in there is advocating for Simmons ;)

warfelg
04-11-2018, 10:09 AM
The real question I have about Simmons is was he really hurt all last year or did the Sixers red shirt him?

A little bit of both. KD once missed all but 6 games with the same injury. I think he could have played the last month, but at that point we were sinking, out of the playoffs, so management just shelved him instead.

warfelg
04-11-2018, 10:15 AM
And here's what I'm going to say:

NBA rules put Simmons as a rookie. If you disagree....that's fine. But if the rules say he's a rookie, then he is eligible for the award.

If you want to say Mitchell deserves it because of play on the court, I'm more than happy to challenge it.

If you want to say Mitchell gets it because you don't like the rule, I'm sorry but sit down. That means you don't like the rule, not that Mitchell has been better. And in my opinion if a voter goes for Mitchell because they don't like the rule, they should have their vote stripped from them. Voting because you don't like the rule is wrong. I want to see if some of these people that vote Mitchell "because of principal" also voted for Blake. Because if they did they are a hypocrite and don't deserve to vote.

I'm very very tempted to go back and see how many of y'all saying he shouldn't get it because he isn't a rookie, also said Simmons shouldn't be an All-Star because he is a rookie.

ewing
04-11-2018, 10:16 AM
A little bit of both. KD once missed all but 6 games with the same injury. I think he could have played the last month, but at that point we were sinking, out of the playoffs, so management just shelved him instead.

OK if it was only the last month that's cool. if they used half the year to train him because they weren't really trying til next year, I think that would be a league issue.

ewing
04-11-2018, 10:16 AM
actually i prefer bens comments... i like when someone just doesnt give the ******** well we are both having a great year and well i am more worried about championships yada yada yada... ben has that kobe mentality... he talked **** and backed it up after the all star snub as well.

less lame

warfelg
04-11-2018, 10:17 AM
OK if it was only the last month that's cool. if they used half the year to train him because they weren't really trying til next year, I think that would be a league issue.

Yea, it's about half the year. When it happened Sixer fans freaked out because most guys that have had a Jones Fracture missed most the season. It's like Embiids Navicular Bone surgeries. It's an area with low blood flow so the rate of healing is much different and takes much longer to get sound.

ewing
04-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Yea, it's about half the year. When it happened Sixer fans freaked out because most guys that have had a Jones Fracture missed most the season. It's like Embiids Navicular Bone surgeries. It's an area with low blood flow so the rate of healing is much different and takes much longer to get sound.

So was he healthy for half the season or just the last month? Or we don't know

warfelg
04-11-2018, 10:34 AM
So was he healthy for half the season or just the last month? Or we don't know

Based on reports....about the last month.

ewing
04-11-2018, 10:37 AM
Based on reports....about the last month.

I don't think him or the team would have gained much by playing him for a month, again no issue

JAZZNC
04-11-2018, 10:50 AM

Well, I can say the same thing about Mitchell. I glad he's not just gonna sit there and take it. Same with when Embiid was **** talking him and he got up on him (and Embiid flopped like a *****). Mitchell is a confident dude that don't take any **** and I like that about him. Donovan has had a couple really good games since Simmons said he was of no significance. I'm glad we have a couple guys who want to be at the forefront of our team and carry that confidence.

WaDe03
04-11-2018, 11:09 AM
Andre Ingram should be rookie of the year so neither side can ***** about Simmons or young Wade not winning.