PDA

View Full Version : 4/9 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
04-09-2018, 02:31 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/28lqvc1.jpg

tredigs
04-09-2018, 04:57 PM
I'm looking at ESPN's list of potential 7th seed machups for GS, and 4 teams (OKC,SAS,NOP,MIN) all have a 20% chance of being their opponent, with Denver having a 15% chance. That's ridiculous with 2 games to play.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23059723/nba-playoff-predictions-how-rest-regular-season-shape-postseason

Denver's most likely single-spot scenario is the 9 seed, but they still have a >50% chance of making the playoffs. Hoping the Dubs get Denver.

tredigs
04-09-2018, 05:43 PM
With two games left, it looks like that Brooklyn pick is most likely settling in at the 8 slot, which would be a huge blow. IMO there's a pretty big falloff after the top 6 picks. Brooklyn is in good position to win tonight (playing Chi), and in a twist of fate their final game is against the Celtics, who I'm fairly certain (with nothing to play for), will tank that game on purpose. So it could actually fall to the #9 projected pick if the Knicks lose their final two. Who do the Kicks play in their final two? The Cavs in both games :laugh:

Bummer ; )

Of course, they could just luck-box their way into the top 5 depending on how the balls bounce, but it's harder now to do that than ever. I wonder who they would take in that 7-9 range. Trae Young? Sexton?

warfelg
04-09-2018, 06:38 PM
I wonder if they miss and LeBron looks out the door if they would package one of the young role players and BRK pick to move up 2-4 spots.

tredigs
04-09-2018, 06:43 PM
I wonder if they miss and LeBron looks out the door if they would package one of the young role players and BRK pick to move up 2-4 spots.

Nance is the only player a team would feasibly want, but he's a cheap expiring contract next season, so he's pretty useless as trade bait. No team would take 1 year of him for a potential team cornerstone. They're stuck with whatever pick they get I imagine.

dhopisthename
04-09-2018, 07:26 PM
go heat!

Heediot
04-09-2018, 08:03 PM
Pelicans and Gentry getting lucky playing Kerr and Doc, two of Gentry's last bosses. I think Doc does him a favor and tinkers the lineup or plays softer for his boy.

zn23
04-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Go Grizz, Go Heat, Go Kings lol.

zn23
04-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Most biased broadcast team is by far the Blazers.

corky831
04-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Nice win by the Nets, pretty sure Celtics are gonna rest the final game

tredigs
04-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Most biased broadcast team is by far the Blazers.

Celtics and Spurs.

zn23
04-09-2018, 10:28 PM
Celtics and Spurs.

Celtics can be, but I prefer the odd time that Tommy Heinsohn does a broadcast cause of how outrageous it gets. As for the Spurs, I've never heard their broadcast team.

But the Blazers have a specific partisan hack on there in Lamar Hurd.

aman_13
04-09-2018, 10:30 PM
I've found the Warriors broadcast to be the best.

zn23
04-09-2018, 10:40 PM

It is high quality, same with the Clippers.

kdspurman
04-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Celtics and Spurs.

Elliott is much better than he was. Rockets (if it's still Clyde) are easily worse. Blazers were pretty biased too

kdspurman
04-09-2018, 10:48 PM

I've always been fond of Clyde Frazier. never really biased and entertaining

mightybosstone
04-09-2018, 10:53 PM
I've always been fond of Clyde the Glide. never really biased and entertaining

This has to be sarcasm. I love Clyde, but even Rockets fans can't stand him as an announcer. He's truly awful.

kdspurman
04-09-2018, 10:56 PM
This has to be sarcasm. I love Clyde, but even Rockets fans can't stand him as an announcer. He's truly awful.

Not sarcasm, I just typed the wrong Clyde lol , whoops.

Meant Clyde dishin' and swishin' Frazier

tredigs
04-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Interesting. I don't LOVE the Warriors broadcasts. They're nostalgic for me but a little boring at times. The Nets and Knicks are the best.

tredigs
04-09-2018, 10:57 PM
Pretty great Blazers/Nuggets game (with a ton of implications) going on here. Nuggets just regained the lead in the 4th.

zn23
04-09-2018, 11:03 PM
Jokic with his 10th triple double. Having an off shooting night though. But doing everything else.

aman_13
04-09-2018, 11:09 PM
Not sarcasm, I just typed the wrong Clyde lol , whoops.

Meant Clyde dishin' and swishin' Frazier

Yeah that's a another great broadcast team.

aman_13
04-09-2018, 11:09 PM
Interesting. I don't LOVE the Warriors broadcasts. They're nostalgic for me but a little boring at times. The Nets and Knicks are the best.

Nets are also great.

zn23
04-09-2018, 11:10 PM
Millsap is really coming up small here. Two missed FTs in the 4th a turnover after he secured a rebound. He has to play better to give them a chance.

aman_13
04-09-2018, 11:11 PM
It is high quality, same with the Clippers.

I like the Clippers but they can be a little over board with the homerism at times.

zn23
04-09-2018, 11:12 PM
Murray just bricked two wide open 3s smh.... You gotta make those.

tredigs
04-09-2018, 11:14 PM
1 point Nuggets lead with 3 to go. If Denver wins, they play the Wolves on the final game of the season... for the final playoff spot.

zn23
04-09-2018, 11:18 PM
There goes Barton over dribbling and turning the ball over.... Right on queue late in the 4th.

tredigs
04-09-2018, 11:19 PM
I think it's going to be Blazers ball here... let's see if Dame has some magic for them. They've been COLD tonight though. Rooting for a Nugs win.

zn23
04-09-2018, 11:21 PM
Are you kidding me!?!? That was no conclusive at all. How do you overturn that!!!

zn23
04-09-2018, 11:23 PM
Wow that might be a season changing call right there.

tp13baby
04-09-2018, 11:23 PM
Watched every angle and not sure how that ended up being Portlandís ball.

Nurkic is a fake tough boy haha he plays tough then flops like he got ****ing killed haha

tredigs
04-09-2018, 11:27 PM
Granted I'm watching on the Blazers feed so I don't know what you guys saw, but there was an angle where it did clearly seem to be off of Jokic.

Won't matter so long as they can avoid a turnover here though. Minny/Denver is going to be must-watch-TV.

tredigs
04-09-2018, 11:30 PM
I'll never understand why teams intentionally foul so quickly in two possession games. Your only realistic chance at a win is a turnover. Then half the time they come back and shoot a 2. It's just bad coaching/bbiq.

Nice comeback win for Denver there. Season is in their hands going into the final game.

Saddletramp
04-09-2018, 11:30 PM
1 point Nuggets lead with 3 to go. If Denver wins, they play the Wolves on the final game of the season... for the final playoff spot.

And the Jazz and Blazers will battle for the 3rd seed. Huge final night.

zn23
04-09-2018, 11:31 PM
What a win!

tp13baby
04-09-2018, 11:32 PM
Granted I'm watching on the Blazers feed so I don't know what you guys saw, but there was an angle where it did clearly seem to be off of Jokic.

Won't matter so long as they can avoid a turnover here though. Minny/Denver is going to be must-watch-TV.

They had to call it off Jokic if Nurkic hit the ball and a millisecond after hit Jokic. Jokic never touched it reaching for it.

Either way, game 82 between Minny and Denver likely for the last spot (barring a NOLA collapse).

FlashBolt
04-09-2018, 11:33 PM
Not gonna lie.. I wish we landed vs the Warriors. I'd rather see Portland vs Houston.

tredigs
04-09-2018, 11:34 PM
Westbrook's going to average a triple-double again btw. He needed 34 rebounds in the final two games and had 18 tonight. So only 16 more, which rest assure he will make sure to get.

dhopisthename
04-09-2018, 11:36 PM
man tomorrows game for the Jazz is so big. I wonder how much the Warriors try in that game.

zn23
04-09-2018, 11:36 PM
Nikola Jokic is a gangster, no other way to say it:

Last 6 games:

23pt-6reb-16ast (W)
35pt-13reb-5ast (W)
30pt-6reb-7ast (W)
16pt-14reb-9ast (W)
23pt -11reb-11ast (W)
15pt-20reb-11ast (W)

That's the sign of a future star, putting the team on his back.

FlashBolt
04-09-2018, 11:38 PM
Westbrook's going to average a triple-double again btw. He needed 34 rebounds in the final two games and had 18 tonight. So only 16 more, which rest assure he will make sure to get.

memphis 29/30 in rpg. no marc gasol I believe as well. he should get 20 if he wanted.

mightybosstone
04-09-2018, 11:38 PM
As a Rockets fan, I'm pretty happy with how these seedings are shaping up. My dream scenario is Minnesota/Denver in Round 1 and New Orleans/Utah in Round 2. That's looking pretty good right about now...

zn23
04-09-2018, 11:47 PM
If Spurs lose to the Pelicans, and the Nuggets beat the Wolves, the Nuggets will shoot up to the 6th spot. If Nuggets win and Jazz lose and the Spurs lose, and OKC loses, Nuggets shoot up to the 4th spot I believe. Definitely the 6th though.

It would suck to play the Rockets 1st round. That's the one team that Denver just can't match up well with. Nuggets can pull off some upsets, just not against the Rockets.

But they have to beat the Wolves first.

tredigs
04-09-2018, 11:53 PM
Lol the 3 seed to 9 seed is a two game difference going into the final set of games. And the 4-9 is a single game difference. And most (ALL?) of them are playing each other. That's ludicrous.

FlashBolt
04-09-2018, 11:54 PM
As a Rockets fan, I'm pretty happy with how these seedings are shaping up. My dream scenario is Minnesota/Denver in Round 1 and New Orleans/Utah in Round 2. That's looking pretty good right about now...

I really want to land in the 7th... as a fan of basketball and OKC, we need that game.

zn23
04-10-2018, 12:01 AM
Denver got no help from any team during this run. Pelicans, Spurs, Thunder, all stepped up and won the games they had to.

Also, I can't help but point out how pitiful the East.

The Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks are the two worst playoff teams I've ever seen. Talk about being lucky to be in the East. Totally undeserving and the most offensively inept teams I've seen make the playoffs as well.

They'll be bounced swiftly in the first round regardless of who they play.

aman_13
04-10-2018, 12:03 AM
Btw remember when the Atlantic division was called the "Titanic division"? It's very much one of the best divisions in basketball now.

aman_13
04-10-2018, 12:03 AM
Can't believe we have a play in game. It's been a crazy season.

zn23
04-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Btw remember when the Atlantic division was called the "Titanic division"? It's very much one of the best divisions in basketball now.

The Northwest is probably the most competitive in the NBA. 5 teams from the Northwest could make the playoffs, 4 at least will make it.

FlashBolt
04-10-2018, 12:16 AM
Denver got no help from any team during this run. Pelicans, Spurs, Thunder, all stepped up and won the games they had to.

The Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks are the two worst playoff teams I've ever seen. Talk about being lucky to be in the East. Totally undeserving and the most offensively inept teams I've seen make the playoffs as well.

Disagree on Miami. They are an underrated team. Well coached and hungry players. Bucks on the other hand.. Giannis disappointed me this season.

zn23
04-10-2018, 12:24 AM
Disagree on Miami. They are an underrated team. Well coached and hungry players. Bucks on the other hand.. Giannis disappointed me this season.

Miami is not good. I don't know how they can be underrated if they only won 42 games, especially in the East. Plus they play in one of the worst divisions. Defensively strong, offensively inept. That offensive is just awful to watch. It's slow, lethargic and they can't put up points.

The Bucks might be worse. Their offense is a disaster as well.

I give Wiz a pass due to injuries.

Those bottom 3 teams in the East are bottom feeders.

FlashBolt
04-10-2018, 12:29 AM
Miami is not good. I don't know how they can be underrated if they only won 42 games, especially in the East. Plus they play in one of the worst divisions. Defensively strong, offensively inept. That offensive is just awful to watch. It's slow, lethargic and they can't put up points.

The Bucks might be worse. Their offense is a disaster as well.

I give Wiz a pass due to injuries.

Those bottom 3 teams in the East are bottom feeders.

Winning 42 games doesn't mean they aren't underrated. They can be a surprisingly good team at times and that's why I said they are underrated. They're a much better team than their 42 wins say. And Spo has lots of experience in the playoffs. Don't underestimate them. I would not be surprised if they make it to the 2nd round and make it competitive.

Vinny642
04-10-2018, 01:38 AM
Playoff bound. Oh how I wish we had Cousins with us though.

More-Than-Most
04-10-2018, 01:51 AM

strongly disagree on Miami... I think wade is trash but playoff wade usually happens and dragic/whiteside etc are good... as far as the bucks i am really loving that people are finally seeing what i have been seeing for the longest... kevin love 2.0 will get his and be known an arguable top player but it doesnt relate to winning and i cant remember another top 3 player that did this.

More-Than-Most
04-10-2018, 01:54 AM
lol personally i kinda wish the sixers got the nuggets/wolves... without looking i think we played better against those 2 west teams over the heat/bucks.

More-Than-Most
04-10-2018, 01:56 AM
Lol the 3 seed to 9 seed is a two game difference going into the final set of games. And the 4-9 is a single game difference. And most (ALL?) of them are playing each other. That's ludicrous.

jesus christ i just looked... Wednesday is going to be nuts.

ewing
04-10-2018, 07:55 AM

I can't remember the last time someone said divisions

tp13baby
04-10-2018, 08:08 AM
Nothing against the 6ers, hell of a team with top talent and definitely can speak on behalf of Minny, but we play with no passion against the 76ers this year. The game in Denver I went to we had no care in the world and you played without Joel and beat us. Last time you beat us is the same story when we lost to Memphis a few days prior and the philly game was a back to back I believe.

tp13baby
04-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Best part of the standings, we automatically wonít play the Rockets in the first round if we make it. Much better playing a Curryless Warriors or Portland/Utah.

WaDe03
04-10-2018, 09:18 AM
The Heat have the 3rd best home record in the league and highest scoring bench since getting Wade.

I'll be very disappointed if the Nuggets get in over the Wolves.

WaDe03
04-10-2018, 09:18 AM
I saw Jokic only has 6 dunks on the year, is this true? Soft as **** lol

WaDe03
04-10-2018, 09:27 AM
The NBA wants the Thunder at the 7th seed, that's for sure after last nights game. I hope they get it, I would love to watch that series.

Vee-Rex
04-10-2018, 10:47 AM
The NBA wants the Thunder at the 7th seed, that's for sure after last nights game. I hope they get it, I would love to watch that series.

Only way that happens is if the Thunder lose their last game against the Grizzlies. Granted, Memphis has no reason to tank anymore: they're firmly locked into the 2nd worst record in the league. But unless the Thunder rest players (don't see why they would), then there's no chance they lose.

They're in the 7th spot right now and the Spurs/Pelicans are playing each other the last game of the season. One of them will drop below the Thunder if the Thunder win (they will).

Also, even IF the Thunder lose, if Denver beats Minny then Denver will be the 7th seed and OKC will be the 8th seed (Denver owns the tie-breaker due to a 3-1 h2h season series).

So in order for the Thunder to be the 7th seed, they'd need to lose to Memphis and have Minny beat Denver.

We probably want a Pelicans victory and a Minnesota victory. That way, the Spurs would drop to 7th to play the Warriors round 1 and the Thunder would be a 6th seed, possibly playing the Warriors round 2 (if they get past the 1st round).

Vee-Rex
04-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Minnesota vs. Denver - the team that wins is in the playoffs, the team that loses goes home.

Exciting stuff!

WaDe03
04-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Only way that happens is if the Thunder lose their last game against the Grizzlies. Granted, Memphis has no reason to tank anymore: they're firmly locked into the 2nd worst record in the league. But unless the Thunder rest players (don't see why they would), then there's no chance they lose.

They're in the 7th spot right now and the Spurs/Pelicans are playing each other the last game of the season. One of them will drop below the Thunder if the Thunder win (they will).

Also, even IF the Thunder lose, if Denver beats Minny then Denver will be the 7th seed and OKC will be the 8th seed (Denver owns the tie-breaker due to a 3-1 h2h season series).

So in order for the Thunder to be the 7th seed, they'd need to lose to Memphis and have Minny beat Denver.

We probably want a Pelicans victory and a Minnesota victory. That way, the Spurs would drop to 7th to play the Warriors round 1 and the Thunder would be a 6th seed, possibly playing the Warriors round 2 (if they get past the 1st round).

Well damn, I wanted to see KD by himself have to go up against Westbrook and his former team, round 2 would be fun too though.

WaDe03
04-10-2018, 11:08 AM
Minnesota vs. Denver - the team that wins is in the playoffs, the team that loses goes home.

Exciting stuff!

When's the last time that happened?

Vee-Rex
04-10-2018, 11:12 AM
When's the last time that happened?

I don't even know. They should put the Minny/Denver game on ESPN Wednesday instead of the Bucks/Sixers.

WaDe03
04-10-2018, 11:35 AM
I don't even know. They should put the Minny/Denver game on ESPN Wednesday instead of the Bucks/Sixers.

Yea I agree, that's a pretty big deal.

tp13baby
04-10-2018, 01:30 PM
I saw Jokic only has 6 dunks on the year, is this true? Soft as **** lol

He has 8, to go along with 10 triple dubs.

WaDe03
04-10-2018, 01:39 PM
He has 8, to go along with 10 triple dubs.

That's crazy for a center