PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Lottery Conspiracy

beasted86
04-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Let's get them out now. Who do you think the NBA has motives to help and hurt in the lottery?

Help:
CLE (BKN) - I expect a good chance we'll see a rigged pick to get LeBron to stay in Cleveland.

NYK - As an F-You to the tankers Silver both aids a big market and punishes the bottom teams who desperately tanked.

Hurt:
DAL - Due to Cuban shedding light on tanking. Silver would prevent any chance of them rising to #1.

Heediot
04-08-2018, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't mind a rig for the Nuggets if they miss the playoffs.
Throw Doncic next to Murray and Harris, with Jokic up front and they will be real nice.

Bostonjorge
04-08-2018, 02:20 PM
This is whatís best for business.

Suns 1st pick. Worst record. They add Ayton to team up with Booker and Jackson. That could free up Tyson to ring chase.

Celtics 2nd pick. Bagley. They get the inside scorer. Playing next to a All NBA defender in Horford is a perfect match.

Cleveland 3rd pick. Porter. They get James replacement. Once James goes to LA they can just plug Porter right in. Good fit.

After lottery goes by record so Grizz can still get Doncic.

That is best for business.

LaVar Ball
04-08-2018, 02:22 PM

Suns 1st pick. Worst record. They add Ayton to team up with Booker and Jackson. That could free up Tyson to ring chase.

Celtics 2nd pick. Bagley. They get the inside scorer. Playing next to a All NBA defender in Horford is a perfect match.

Cleveland 3rd pick. Porter. They get James replacement. Once James goes to LA they can just plug Porter right in. Good fit.

Okay Vince McMahon

beasted86
04-08-2018, 02:43 PM

Celtics don't even have a lottery pick.

Lakers had split protection on their pick and it goes to Philly now.

Also Phoenix improving is not what's best for overall business in the NBA.

STRIKERC
04-08-2018, 03:08 PM
Celtics don't even have a lottery pick.

Lakers had split protection on their pick and it goes to Philly now.

Also Phoenix improving is not what's best for overall business in the NBA.

Celtics get the pick if it falls between 2 to 5.

STRIKERC
04-08-2018, 03:12 PM
The ultimate f/u to the NBA will be Lakers pick falling to 1 and Sixers getting first overall pick.
That plus the season the're having will put the stamp on the Process.

TheDish87
04-08-2018, 03:35 PM
not rigged
/thread

beasted86
04-08-2018, 03:37 PM
Celtics get the pick if it falls between 2 to 5.

And you realize that it's impossible for Lakers to finish bottom 5, right? It is 100,% guaranteed to go to Philly instead of Boston.

But I guess you're right. If they rig it and a team who's what? 11th wins the lottery I will stop watching.

Scoots
04-08-2018, 04:17 PM
not rigged
/thread

A voice of reason.

Scoots
And you realize that it's impossible for Lakers to finish bottom 5, right? It is 100,% guaranteed to go to Philly instead of Boston.

But I guess you're right. If they rig it and a team who's what? 11th wins the lottery I will stop watching.

How do you figure it's impossible?

Bostonjorge

Cavs got three #1 picks in 4 years. The same ďLuckĒ the Cavs got, that kept you watching is the same luck Boston needs. Not impossible.

Vee-Rex
04-08-2018, 04:55 PM
not rigged
/thread

This is essentially what you're arguing against:

https://i.imgflip.com/10wua9.jpg

mike_noodles
04-08-2018, 06:49 PM

You can come up with a conspiracy for every single team every single year. I do wish they aired it live though to remove the suspicion.

Cal827
04-08-2018, 06:52 PM

For no particular reason, I'll be holding onto this until the end of the 2nd round series in the East :D

Cal827
04-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Also, it's that wonderful time of the year were we talk about conspiracies :D

Phoenix or Orlando: They just plain suck, and their management is somehow worse than that. Let's give them a chance where you would think they couldn't screw up

Philly or Boston (Via Lakers): See guys, big market teams can get screwed over too!
Cleveland (via Brooklyn): Lets just add misery to the poor Nets fans
Atlanta: They lost their star and got nothing back due to their pure stupidity (as in, in they didn't trade him, but didn't want to resign him)
Sacremento: They lost Cousins, were dumb enough to trade away their 1st next year, and seem to be on a better track than before... Let's give Divac to draft the 2018 Papagiannis
Chicago: They have some good pieces, and they started off the season with the teammate brawl

Western Team that just misses out on the playoffs: You fought hard, here's a great prospect for your troubles
New York: Porzingis is probably gonna miss a large chunk of next season too, and may not be the same after the ACL injury

Memphis: Here's your opportunity to get a star (especially since it seems like Boston 2ked every bad team and got their first rounder next year)

Clippers:... They won't get it. Their pick isn't in anyone elses possession, and Boston has their pick next season. They also look like their one star player is gonna leave without getting anything back for it.

beasted86
04-08-2018, 09:51 PM
How do you figure it's impossible?
Is this a trick question? Lakers have already won 34 games. 6th worst record is only at 26 wins and the season has 2-3 games left.

beasted86
04-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Cavs got three #1 picks in 4 years. The same ďLuckĒ the Cavs got, that kept you watching is the same luck Boston needs. Not impossible.

How many times has 2 long shot teams moved up? NBA can't make it that obvious.

I just don't see a way they explain Celtics (Lakers) at 4% chance of moving into top 3 getting 2nd overall. And on top of that Nets (Cleveland) also finishing there when they're 12% chance of moving top 3 currently. Media would be all over them.

corky831
04-08-2018, 10:18 PM
Is this a trick question? Lakers have already won 34 games. 6th worst record is only at 26 wins and the season has 2-3 games left.

I'm pretty sure any team in the lottery has a shot at a top 3 pick, although it's a 90 percent chance the 11th worst team will get the 11th pick. Read about the process on wikipedia....so theoretically, yes, the Celtics have a slim chance at getting the pick if they got 2 or 3, and Philly has a slim chance to get the number 1 pick.

jimboslice15
04-08-2018, 10:25 PM
The day I believe the lottery ISN'T rigged is the day they televise the ping pong balls bouncing ... and I would still have my doubts even with that.

ewing
04-08-2018, 10:28 PM
The NBA wouldnít compromise league integrity for profits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingstonHawke
04-09-2018, 04:09 AM
100% expecting the Cavs pick to end up in the top 4. They wont end up drafting it, instead they'll package it with someone like Thompson and make a trade for a quality player that helps keep LeBron put. Cousins may be the guy. Expected him to be a Cav all last year but then he got hurt.

Dade County
04-09-2018, 09:28 AM
The day I believe the lottery ISN'T rigged is the day they televise the ping pong balls bouncing ... and I would still have my doubts even with that.

It's just that, they can televise it but it doesn't mean they couldn't still be doing funny business be hide the scenes.

We don't know if there is a trick to it, like maybe manipulating the ping pong balls.

100% expecting the Cavs pick to end up in the top 4. They wont end up drafting it, instead they'll package it with someone like Thompson and make a trade for a quality player that helps keep LeBron put. Cousins may be the guy. Expected him to be a Cav all last year but then he got hurt.

I think Lbj is gone no matter what, because they would have wasted this season already. If they could have traded the pick for AD, so Lbj had time to ply with him and they battled together for this upcoming playoffs.

Then yeah, I could see Lbj sytaying. But it's too late for that now.

And their is no way they would trade that pick for Cuz.

IndyRealist
04-09-2018, 10:30 AM

Dude, it's a lottery. If they're not in the playoffs they have a chance of moving up.

beasted86
04-09-2018, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty sure any team in the lottery has a shot at a top 3 pick, although it's a 90 percent chance the 11th worst team will get the 11th pick. Read about the process on wikipedia....so theoretically, yes, the Celtics have a slim chance at getting the pick if they got 2 or 3, and Philly has a slim chance to get the number 1 pick.

Yes I covered that already: RE:

Meaning record wise the pick will go to Philly. Only way it goes to Boston is weird "luck" that has a 4% chance of moving to the top 3 picks somehow does. Lakers could still improve their record and finish as low as a 2.9% chance of getting top 3.

Scoots
04-09-2018, 11:10 AM

But there is a lottery, and in that lottery are all teams that don't make the playoffs, and each of those teams could win one of the top 3 picks.

Or were you NOT talking about draft order?

Scoots
04-09-2018, 11:14 AM

I just don't see a way they explain Celtics (Lakers) at 4% chance of moving into top 3 getting 2nd overall. And on top of that Nets (Cleveland) also finishing there when they're 12% chance of moving top 3 currently. Media would be all over them.

Random numbers have no conscience. If it's possible then that just guarantees it could happen.

TheDish87
04-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Yes I covered that already: RE:

Meaning record wise the pick will go to Philly. Only way it goes to Boston is weird "luck" that has a 4% chance of moving to the top 3 picks somehow does. Lakers could still improve their record and finish as low as a 2.9% chance of getting top 3.

so not impossible. i think you confused yourself here or just are wording everything poorly.

AllBall
04-09-2018, 01:31 PM

The Suns are too stupid to know what to do. A pick won't help them. They'll just end up with another 12 guard roster. They need new ownership and new FO.

TheDish87
04-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Suns with Ayton, Booker, Jackson to build with would be a great start.

HeartOfStarks
04-09-2018, 01:59 PM
I don't think it's rigged but it would be great if they rigged it for the Knicks to get the top pick haha we desperately need it (obviously)

ewing
04-09-2018, 02:01 PM
i don't think it's rigged but it would be great if they rigged it for the knicks to get the top pick haha we desperately need it (obviously)

agreed

Ty Fast
04-09-2018, 03:31 PM

Its happened more than once before....

I would not be shocked to see the Lakers win it at all.

Ty Fast
04-09-2018, 03:34 PM

Thatís how the Bulls got D-Rose. They had like a 3% chance of winning it. Same as New Orleans with AD. The NBA wanted to sell New Orleans so they gave them the #1 pick to make it easier to sell them.

TheDish87
04-09-2018, 04:03 PM
thats not accurate. New Orleans had 3 worst record when they got AD

KG2TB
04-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Thatís how the Bulls got D-Rose. They had like a 3% chance of winning it. Same as New Orleans with AD. The NBA wanted to sell New Orleans so they gave them the #1 pick to make it easier to sell them.

It was actually a 1.7% chance.

Iíve been saying the Bulls will get the #1 this year for a while. Although, I believe the NBA was a lot more shady under Stern. I donít think Silver rolls the same way. But it would definitely be in the leagues best interest for the Bulls to be contenders/competitive.

beasted86
04-09-2018, 05:31 PM

True they definitely have the history of "mysterious" results. That's the purpose of the thread.

I just can see them taking 2 teams with insane odds and moving both up several spots in the same draft.

JasonJohnHorn
04-10-2018, 11:08 AM
Cavs getting first would be to obvious.

My guess...

1. NEW YORK BABY!!!
2. BK!!! (read, Cleveland)
3. Lakers (which goes to Boston?)

This woudl mean THREE teams jumped ahead of Dallas, all the tanking teams get a big FU (Dallas, Chi-town, ATL, Orlando and Phoenix), it beefs up the East and it creates interesting match-ups (NY and Philly can comepte and young, up-and-coming teams, Boston and Cleveland both get an upgrade, and Cleveland can add a third All-Star to extend LBJ's championship window).

That sounds about right to me ;-)

HeartOfStarks
04-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Cavs getting first would be to obvious.

My guess...

1. NEW YORK BABY!!!
2. BK!!! (read, Cleveland)
3. Lakers (which goes to Boston?)

This woudl mean THREE teams jumped ahead of Dallas, all the tanking teams get a big FU (Dallas, Chi-town, ATL, Orlando and Phoenix), it beefs up the East and it creates interesting match-ups (NY and Philly can comepte and young, up-and-coming teams, Boston and Cleveland both get an upgrade, and Cleveland can add a third All-Star to extend LBJ's championship window).

That sounds about right to me ;-)

From your lips to Adam Silverís ears make it happen please

Raps18-19 Champ
04-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Why do we need a conspiracy?

Let's just let PwC do their job to make sure things check out.

crewfan13
04-13-2018, 11:59 AM
I donít think actually televising it is that good of solution. I donít think people realize how boring it would be. Itís not like the process had a couple ping pong balls with team logos on them. The process picks 4 ping pong balls all numbered 1-14. They then look at that number combination and figure out which team was pre-assigned that combination.

That would be horribly boring tv. Not to mention, they donít actually remove any balls from the equation. So Phoenix as the worst team has like 250 number sequences. If they were to win the first pick, itís possible a different Phoenix number sequence would come up again. That sequence is ignored and the process is started again. In theory, you could even pick the same number sequence over and over again.

So in theory, thereís actually a scenario where it gets stuck in a loop and the picks could go on forever. Obviously the chances of that are so exceedingly slim thatís itís basically impossible. But, especially if the top two teams get the first two picks, itís conceivable that it could take 10 or more draws before you have 3 teams. That would be super boring TV.

If it was a level lottery and each team had 1 ball, that would be a different story. Then you could put logos on the balls and it would be a fun event. Reading off numbers and getting Phoenix 6 times in a row would be super boring to watch.

JuLu787
04-17-2018, 11:29 AM
The NBA wouldnít compromise league integrity for profits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not saying it's rigged, but the bottom line for any and all businesses are profits; not integrity.

Quinnsanity
04-17-2018, 11:51 AM

Nothing more fun than someone being utterly convinced that they're right when they aren't. The lottery determines the order of picks 1, 2 and 3. Any team among the 14 can jump up to the top three. They just can't jump up to fourth or fifth. The Lakers, as the team with the 10th worst record, can finish:

1st
2nd
3rd
10th (if the lottery holds to form behind them)
11th (if one team behind them jumps up)
12th (if two teams behind them jump up)
13th (if three teams behind them jump up)

The likeliest odds by far are that the pick is 10th and goes to Philly. It is not impossible to go to Boston.

Quinnsanity
04-17-2018, 11:54 AM

Can we stop pretending Porter is an elite prospect? I know he's a sexy pick because he was the No. 1 high school prospect, but right now he's going back half of the top 10, maybe lower if teams get scared off by his physical, and he was never a super elite NBA prospect to begin with at least relative to other high schoolers. Calling him a James replacement is laughable. They play the same position and they both have the ball a lot, but Rudy Gay fits that mold too and he isn't a LeBron replacement.

Doncic is miles ahead of both Porter and Bagley (who, frankly, shouldn't go in the top five either). The only player who deserves to be even considered with him is Ayton.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 12:08 PM
Let's get them out now. Who do you think the NBA has motives to help and hurt in the lottery?

Help:
CLE (BKN) - I expect a good chance we'll see a rigged pick to get LeBron to stay in Cleveland.

NYK - As an F-You to the tankers Silver both aids a big market and punishes the bottom teams who desperately tanked.

Hurt:
DAL - Due to Cuban shedding light on tanking. Silver would prevent any chance of them rising to #1.

Haven't we been voting/keeping track of this for half a decade now and every year the consensus for a conspiracy has been wrong?

Hint: There's no conspiracy.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 12:16 PM
I donít think actually televising it is that good of solution. I donít think people realize how boring it would be. Itís not like the process had a couple ping pong balls with team logos on them. The process picks 4 ping pong balls all numbered 1-14. They then look at that number combination and figure out which team was pre-assigned that combination.

That would be horribly boring tv. Not to mention, they donít actually remove any balls from the equation. So Phoenix as the worst team has like 250 number sequences. If they were to win the first pick, itís possible a different Phoenix number sequence would come up again. That sequence is ignored and the process is started again. In theory, you could even pick the same number sequence over and over again.

So in theory, thereís actually a scenario where it gets stuck in a loop and the picks could go on forever. Obviously the chances of that are so exceedingly slim thatís itís basically impossible. But, especially if the top two teams get the first two picks, itís conceivable that it could take 10 or more draws before you have 3 teams. That would be super boring TV.

If it was a level lottery and each team had 1 ball, that would be a different story. Then you could put logos on the balls and it would be a fun event. Reading off numbers and getting Phoenix 6 times in a row would be super boring to watch.

While this is all 100% correct, it should just be taped and released on their YouTube site for posterity+transparency. Granted, varying sportswriters are picked every year to be in the room to document the event and give that transparency. They probably don't release the tape of it simply because A) it is that tedious/boring and B) they don't even want to acknowledge the wackjobs.

IndyRealist
04-17-2018, 12:25 PM
While this is all 100% correct, it should just be taped and released on their YouTube site for posterity+transparency. Granted, varying sportswriters are picked every year to be in the room to document the event and give that transparency. They probably don't release the tape of it simply because A) it is that tedious/boring and B) they don't even want to acknowledge the wackjobs.

Not to mention the accounting firm hired to oversee the process that would be in huge legal trouble if they let the NBA rig the lottery.

But Cleveland is totally getting #1.

europagnpilgrim
04-17-2018, 12:55 PM

Help:

Hurt:

its funny with all the public evidence of this happening people on here would sware this is absolutely hogwash / poppycock talk, they defend these corporate meatheads by saying ''why would they rig the draft'', I am like well why not? its a entertainment / business = Hollywood

the ''stage'' has been set and will always be just that, even the refs tell it and people be like oh well he was a rogue ref, while dismissing the other group of refs who Donaghey worked with, series have been rigged as well, see Lakers vs Kings in early 00's, see how Lebron played like trash vs. Mavs and then the next year played like Wilt chamberlain mixed with Jordan, hell prior to 11' Finals during the first 3 rounds he played like Wilt and then all of a sudden forgot how to attack / play his game, I smell.....rigging(Lebron froze himself out)

especially those who love to point the finger and say ''there goes the conspiracy theorist'', right there

this reminds me of the 9 / 11 information but every one swore it was a terror attack, like how do you simulate a terror attack and then perform it like it was a actual attack, I mean staged attack, how does one building not get touched at all but fell demolition style like the other 2 that fell the same way from planes crashing into it? and it wasn't even hot enough to damage the metal like that in that short time span, It would have to last for at least 2 full days, not few hours or so later, that metal was made out of what wolverine has in his body, adamantium or however you spell it, and even then it wouldn't come crashing down like a demolition job, it would lean, not crumble straight down

same as for this so called bombing of Syria by newly appointed corporate united states president Trump, no president or any human being in their right mind would go and bomb people / place and then go to twitter and say ''mission accomplished'', now watch all you experts on here try and claim that united states is not a corporation, until you go read the letter the Pope wrote stating it numerous times over, and the Pope controls the laws over here for the corporate, why do you think its so many different codes / statutes? its like 10 million codes but we are only 1 single individual, who is all these codes / statutes for?

what a hoax, just like this nba draft being honest, Mutumbo recently tweeted out congrats to Philly or whoever got the first pick before the draft was even started, its called operating behind the curtains, now all you guys / girls on here need to pull it back or up a little bit and look inside the window before its too late and you get consumed and worried about F.E.A.R(Fake education appearing real)

I had to go in because its some mis - educated folks on here, quick to scream out non sense when you are presenting legit info., either educate self or remain ignorant to who is who and what is what, sleep well

and yes the draft is fixed / staged, or if you want to be political about just say the teams / owners / business minds work together to put players in the proper place so teams can have something to sell to the fans, its why NY got Ewing back in the ''fixed draft'' I think of 85' or something close to that year

JuLu787
04-17-2018, 01:11 PM
its funny with all the public evidence of this happening people on here would sware this is absolutely hogwash / poppycock talk, they defend these corporate meatheads by saying ''why would they rig the draft'', I am like well why not? its a entertainment / business = Hollywood

the ''stage'' has been set and will always be just that, even the refs tell it and people be like oh well he was a rogue ref, while dismissing the other group of refs who Donaghey worked with, series have been rigged as well, see Lakers vs Kings in early 00's, see how Lebron played like trash vs. Mavs and then the next year played like Wilt chamberlain mixed with Jordan, hell prior to 11' Finals during the first 3 rounds he played like Wilt and then all of a sudden forgot how to attack / play his game, I smell.....rigging(Lebron froze himself out)

especially those who love to point the finger and say ''there goes the conspiracy theorist'', right there

this reminds me of the 9 / 11 information but every one swore it was a terror attack, like how do you simulate a terror attack and then perform it like it was a actual attack, I mean staged attack, how does one building not get touched at all but fell demolition style like the other 2 that fell the same way from planes crashing into it? and it wasn't even hot enough to damage the metal like that in that short time span, It would have to last for at least 2 full days, not few hours or so later, that metal was made out of what wolverine has in his body, adamantium or however you spell it, and even then it wouldn't come crashing down like a demolition job, it would lean, not crumble straight down

same as for this so called bombing of Syria by newly appointed corporate united states president Trump, no president or any human being in their right mind would go and bomb people / place and then go to twitter and say ''mission accomplished'', now watch all you experts on here try and claim that united states is not a corporation, until you go read the letter the Pope wrote stating it numerous times over, and the Pope controls the laws over here for the corporate, why do you think its so many different codes / statutes? its like 10 million codes but we are only 1 single individual, who is all these codes / statutes for?

what a hoax, just like this nba draft being honest, Mutumbo recently tweeted out congrats to Philly or whoever got the first pick before the draft was even started, its called operating behind the curtains, now all you guys / girls on here need to pull it back or up a little bit and look inside the window before its too late and you get consumed and worried about F.E.A.R(Fake education appearing real)

I had to go in because its some mis - educated folks on here, quick to scream out non sense when you are presenting legit info., either educate self or remain ignorant to who is who and what is what, sleep well

and yes the draft is fixed / staged, or if you want to be political about just say the teams / owners / business minds work together to put players in the proper place so teams can have something to sell to the fans, its why NY got Ewing back in the ''fixed draft'' I think of 85' or something close to that year

Correct....and it's 2018, we're due for another fix. Didn't read all, but at the end of the day conspiracy theories exist because conspiracies have happened. Not saying we live in the Matrix, but people in general not just NBA fans need to wake up. Corporations and Politicians don't give a sh** about us.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 01:14 PM
I always feel better when those with asinine points+conspiracy mindsets continue that theme across all subject matters. I will grant that it takes far more energy to deduce logic/reason than simply blowing everything off that you disagree with or don't fully grasp as conspiracy, so it does make sense that if you fall into that rabbit hole it just becomes a way of life.

Scoots
04-17-2018, 01:30 PM

And if it was rigged it wouldn't be on the tape anyhow, or even be in that room since there are team members in that room to watch it happen and no way would every team be in on the conspiracy.

Scoots
04-17-2018, 01:31 PM
Nuts

TheDish87
04-17-2018, 01:36 PM

baaahahahaahahahaha woooow

HeartOfStarks
04-17-2018, 03:40 PM
All I'll say is if it was fixed (which I don't believe for the record), why wouldn't they give the Knicks at least ONE more #1 pick in 33 years? Ewing was forever ago? They couldn't fix it for us one more time since then? lol that would be ****ed up in it's own right.

tredigs
04-17-2018, 04:19 PM
All I'll say is if it was fixed (which I don't believe for the record), why wouldn't they give the Knicks at least ONE more #1 pick in 33 years? Ewing was forever ago? They couldn't fix it for us one more time since then? lol that would be ****ed up in it's own right.

Lmfao good call. Must be a conspiracy against the biggest market as well, seeing as their only other top 3 pick in the last 50 years was Bill Cartwright. I can just imagine the "smh you have to be ****ing KIDDING ME" response by the league brass every time Cleveland lands another #1 overall pick. Hint: They do NOT want Cleveland getting these picks in an ideal world.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-17-2018, 10:29 PM

They released the video a few years. It was very boring.

Not sure why people think releasing a video does anything. The 1985 lottery was live and everyone argues that was rigged.

AllBall
04-20-2018, 12:00 PM

Umm, Porzingis. They figure that's enough. :laugh2:

tredigs
04-20-2018, 01:24 PM
They released the video a few years. It was very boring.

Not sure why people think releasing a video does anything. The 1985 lottery was live and everyone argues that was rigged.

At least in the 85 vid it was theoretically possible somebody tampered with the envelope. Nowadays it's simply impossible.

Didn't know they released the vid. Good to know. This discussion for the conspiracy clowns is over at that point.

tredigs
05-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Obligatory bump to shine light on the nuts.

TheDish87
05-16-2018, 10:03 AM
rigged!!!! lol nut jobs indeed

pacofunk64
05-16-2018, 10:24 AM
lol yep, you idiots still think it's rigged? Then again...maybe they left Cleveland where they are so Bron would head to the Rockets. LeBrockets does have a nice ring to it...

AllBall
05-16-2018, 10:03 PM
The NBA has a had some shady moments in it's history. If it is corrupt, you think they're going to make it blatantly obvious by tipping things in the draft EVERY year? No. They'd just do it when it was necessary...with ratings being up and all, it's not necessary....during the early 2000s when ratings imploded after Jordan left, maybe having the Lakers instead of the Kings in the Finals may make things more beneficial. Oh yeah, I went there. Or maybe when they intervened in the Pelicans (then Hornets) trade for "basketball reasons" or giving the NBA owned team the #1 draft pick which turned into AD to make it easier to sell the team. Uh, yeah. NBA has had had shady moments and it's going to have to be decades worth of good behavior for me to think it's truly reformed.

TheDish87
05-17-2018, 09:58 AM
lolol

prodigy
05-18-2018, 02:43 PM
Help:

Great job on that. Seems like most people want Lebron out of Cleveland. Not sure how it would be rigged.

Cal827
05-19-2018, 10:45 AM
lol yep, you idiots still think it's rigged? Then again...maybe they left Cleveland where they are so Bron would head to the Rockets. LeBrockets does have a nice ring to it...

LeBronto's better :laugh2:

Aapox
05-21-2018, 11:37 PM
The NBA has a had some shady moments in it's history. If it is corrupt, you think they're going to make it blatantly obvious by tipping things in the draft EVERY year? No. They'd just do it when it was necessary...with ratings being up and all, it's not necessary....during the early 2000s when ratings imploded after Jordan left, maybe having the Lakers instead of the Kings in the Finals may make things more beneficial. Oh yeah, I went there. Or maybe when they intervened in the Pelicans (then Hornets) trade for "basketball reasons" or giving the NBA owned team the #1 draft pick which turned into AD to make it easier to sell the team. Uh, yeah. NBA has had had shady moments and it's going to have to be decades worth of good behavior for me to think it's truly reformed.

I donít disagree. While I donít necessarily think itís rigged, I equally donít think itís not rigged. What I do know is that almost any multi-billion dollar business certainly has some colluding going on behind closed doors to maximize profits. Anyone who doubts that is naive.

FlashBolt
05-22-2018, 12:02 AM
If you're willing to say it is rigged, you are admitting that every person involved (likely in the HUNDREDS) are in on it. Not to mention that the slight mention of someone wanting to rig it would cause a financial hit to the NBA and others involved in the BILLIONS. There is not enough reward these days to rig it. Ernst and Young are the auditors of this entire thing. If you think they are willing to ruin their credibility by "rigging" an NBA draft, you guys clearly have no idea how silly your accusations can be. Was it rigged before? I'm sure it was. But the NBA is in a much better place right now. The need to rig it today would involve a massive reputation hit on the NBA and every franchise involved.

Chronz
05-22-2018, 12:21 AM
The Lakers would've won early in the series if it were called evenly

Sssmush
05-22-2018, 01:55 AM
The Lakers would've won early in the series if it were called evenly

This is also true of the 2004 Finals when the Lakers played Detroit

In retrospect it seems clear that the league was terrified of Kobe being crowned NBA champion while the (phony) sexual assualt scandal was still so fresh. Regardless however, in that series Detroit was compensated with FTs every time the Lakers scored a basket, everything necessary so a low scoring team could keep pace with the kobe shaq laker offense. And even that wasnt enough the refs were taking the ball right out of the Lakerís hands. Look up those box scores they are LoL funny. Like just think if steph had a phony rape accusation in alabama or something and then Boston SWEPT Golden State in the Finals while shooting 45 FTs compared to 15 FTs

Chronz
05-22-2018, 05:33 AM
This is also true of the 2004 Finals when the Lakers played Detroit

In retrospect it seems clear that the league was terrified of Kobe being crowned NBA champion while the (phony) sexual assualt scandal was still so fresh. Regardless however, in that series Detroit was compensated with FTs every time the Lakers scored a basket, everything necessary so a low scoring team could keep pace with the kobe shaq laker offense. And even that wasnt enough the refs were taking the ball right out of the Lakerís hands. Look up those box scores they are LoL funny. Like just think if steph had a phony rape accusation in alabama or something and then Boston SWEPT Golden State in the Finals while shooting 45 FTs compared to 15 FTs

Lol. Nah, that one is on Kobe for letting Detroit **** with his head. Everyone knew Kobe wanted a finals MVP. If the refs wanted to, they could've screwed the Lakers vs SAS or someone before the finals if that were the case. Kobe wasn't even that great all year.

AllBall
05-22-2018, 09:47 AM
I donít disagree. While I donít necessarily think itís rigged, I equally donít think itís not rigged. What I do know is that almost any multi-billion dollar business certainly has some colluding going on behind closed doors to maximize profits. Anyone who doubts that is naive.

This is basically my point. It's not WWE and it's not some pillar of purity or whatever either.