PDA

View Full Version : 4/7 & 4/8 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
04-07-2018, 04:26 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/4lpz85.jpg

zn23
04-07-2018, 04:47 PM
My only fear for the Nuggets is if Doc Rivers plays Boban Marjanovic more minutes in the 2nd half. He causes a lot of problems for the Nuggets.

ewing
04-07-2018, 04:55 PM
My only fear for the Nuggets is if Doc Rivers plays Boban Marjanovic more minutes in the 2nd half. He causes a lot of problems for the Nuggets.

He causes everyone problems. It just seems the problems he causes for his own team in D keep him off the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c.c.
04-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Who owns the tie breaker over OKC & Den and Den & Min

zn23
04-07-2018, 05:13 PM

DEN has a tiebreaker over OKC, Min currently has tiebreaker over DEN.

zn23
04-07-2018, 05:19 PM
Jokic has totally dominated DeAndre Jordan and the Clippers.

Lakers + Giants
04-07-2018, 05:19 PM

Denver owns tie breaker vs OKC and Minny currently holds it over Denver (2-1) but they face each other last game of the season.

Lakers + Giants
04-07-2018, 05:22 PM
Jokic with a trip dub with 2 min left in the 3rd. Might not even play at all in the 4th.

Cal827
04-07-2018, 05:23 PM

Since they're in the same division, I think it comes down to record vs each other (which is why the Thunder need to stay ahead of them :laugh2: )

OKC:

1-3 vs Minnesota
1-3 vs Denver

2-6 That tiebreaker

Minnesota:

3-1 vs OKC
2-1 vs Denver (one game remaining)

5-2 overall

Denver:

3-1 vs OKC
1-2 vs Minnesota (one game remaining)

4-3 overall

So currently, if they're all tied (and are the only ones tied, as another team might instigate the conference tie breaker).

Minnesota
Denver
OKC

OKC has already lost this tiebreaker regardless (as it's the first one) if they all end with identical records and have no other team with the same record, like San Antonio (if I have this correctly).

If Minnesota wins that last game vs Denver, they'll basically make the playoffs as they'll win tiebreakers against both teams. If Denver wins that last game however, then I think it would come down the second tie-breaker, which I believe would division record.

Minnesota is 9-6 currently, while Denver is 8-6. For Denver to be able to leapfrog Minnesota with this tiebreaker, they need to beat BOTH Portland and Minnesota (Getting to 10-6 while simultaneously putting Minnesota at 9-7). This is the only way that Denver would get the tiebreaker over Minnesota.

If Denver loses to Portland but beats Minnesota, they'll both ends up with 9-7 records within the division. From there, I would think that the conference records would come into factor, and if that's the case, then Minnesota wins outright as they have a much better conference record over the Nuggets.

zn23
04-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Basically if the Nuggets win out, they're in. If the Wolves win out, they're in. If OKC wins out, they're in.

Each team controls its own destiny.

The game between the Nuggets vs. Wolves will be the big one.

If i had to bet, i'd bet on the Wolves making it. They play the Grizz next and then the Nuggets at home with Jimmy Butler back and Gary Harris is going to basically miss the entire regular season.

Cal827
04-07-2018, 05:54 PM
What I think is further nuts is that we might have a 5-way tie for the last 4 spots after tonight... The Spurs, Pelicans, and Thunder are all playing the best of the West tonight.

Thunder are in Houston
Pelicans are in Golden State
Spurs Host Blazers

Seeing that the Blazers still have the division to play for (which I believe they can clinch with a win tonight) You might see each of those teams falling back. OKC and New Orleans are probably hoping that the Rockets and Warriors are resting guys.

zn23
04-07-2018, 06:04 PM
OKC and New Orleans are probably hoping that the Rockets and Warriors are resting guys.

I really hope that's not the case. GSW basically gave the Jazz a bunny when they rested everyone a couple weeks back.

I don't expect Houston to rest its players. James Harden is probably hearing about LeBron mvp chatter and doesn't want to fade down the stretch.

Heediot
04-07-2018, 06:14 PM
I really hope that's not the case. GSW basically gave the Jazz a bunny when they rested everyone a couple weeks back.

I don't expect Houston to rest its players. James Harden is probably hearing about LeBron mvp chatter and doesn't want to fade down the stretch.

Rockets and Warriors don't want none of OKC, so if either are playing OKC with a chance to knock them out of the playoffs they will be up for it. OKC is a wild card in the playoffs and anything can happen with their big 3, so you would rather not face them.

zn23
04-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Rockets and Warriors don't want none of OKC, so if either are playing OKC with a chance to knock them out of the playoffs they will be up for it. OKC is a wild card in the playoffs and anything can happen with their big 3, so you would rather not face them.

I hope that's their mentality.

goingfor28
04-07-2018, 06:30 PM
I don't remember the last time there were this many seeds so tightly contested with only a few days left in the season. Good stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
04-07-2018, 06:49 PM
Laker fans should be hype as **** lol... If the thunder miss the playoffs then even I think PG13 could jump ship to them... Everyone should want to see OKC in over Denver of course but laker fans need to be hype as **** right now with this situation.

Melo is a terd.... I wonder when teams will realize that he just isnt a top 50 player anymore let alone the top 10 player he thinks he is or the top 20 player people thinks he could be.

c.c.
04-07-2018, 06:57 PM
As a Rockets fan I want to crush the Thunder playoffs dreams! 1.Russell robbed Hardens MVP last year because he averaged 1.9 more rebounds.
2. After the Melo and PG acquisition every NBA fan and sports analysts put the Thunder ahead of the Rockets now look at them now. Fighting for a playoff spot in the final week of the season.
3. The OKC Thunder are still a very talented team! They just underachieved this year, so thatís not an 8th seed Iíd would wanna face.
4. Russell again! Heís not a good team player, just an stat padder. I still hold a grudge on his stat paddling because it lead to Harden losing out on MVP.

Lol I can go on and on

dhopisthename
04-07-2018, 07:11 PM
What I think is further nuts is that we might have a 5-way tie for the last 4 spots after tonight... The Spurs, Pelicans, and Thunder are all playing the best of the West tonight.

Thunder are in Houston
Spurs Host Blazers

Seeing that the Blazers still have the division to play for (which I believe they can clinch with a win tonight) You might see each of those teams falling back. OKC and New Orleans are probably hoping that the Rockets and Warriors are resting guys.

they cannot clinch it tonight. they could still lose the next two and finish 49-33 while the Jazz win their next 3 and win the tie breaker over them(they play each the last game of the season). it does however lock down a top 4 seed though and put their magic number at 1 for the 3 seed.

tp13baby
04-07-2018, 07:33 PM
I am a huge Blazers Rockets and Warriors fan tonight.

West is tight. Denver can finish 9th or finish as high as 4 with only 2 games remaining as they even hold the tiebreaker over Utah. Ridiculous.

Cal827
04-07-2018, 07:37 PM
they cannot clinch it tonight. they could still lose the next two and finish 49-33 while the Jazz win their next 3 and win the tie breaker over them(they play each the last game of the season). it does however lock down a top 4 seed though and put their magic number at 1 for the 3 seed.

Ah fair enough, thanks for the correction :)

It's gonna be a fun/tragic last week of the season :laugh2:

It's quite possible now, that one of OKC, Minnesota, or San Antonio miss the playoffs. Don't think anyone would've expected that when the season started.

Chronz
04-07-2018, 09:22 PM
If you guys were clipper fans, would you have wanted this. 500 season with some cap space or would you have tanked hard and jettisoned your all star center? This is the year we have our pick, next year it goes to Boston cuz doc keeps costing us picks.

zn23
04-07-2018, 09:33 PM
How was that an offensive foul?

c.c.
04-07-2018, 09:33 PM
A few bad calls, hopefully we get some in return later.

Lakers + Giants
04-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Laker fans should be hype as **** lol... If the thunder miss the playoffs then even I think PG13 could jump ship to them... Everyone should want to see OKC in over Denver of course but laker fans need to be hype as **** right now with this situation.

Melo is a terd.... I wonder when teams will realize that he just isnt a top 50 player anymore let alone the top 10 player he thinks he is or the top 20 player people thinks he could be.

not gonna lie. I kind of dont want PG... I want Lebron, all though Lebron would need to see another star here before even considering us.

Yea tho, some are happy to see OKC struggling and possibly missing the postseason.

dhopisthename
04-07-2018, 10:44 PM
man Durant had a chance to tie it, but Rondo with the clutch steal.

zn23
04-07-2018, 10:48 PM
really pitiful defense by the Warriors all game. This is usually a great defensive team, but that was just awful.

It looks like Pelicans, Thunder and Spurs are going to win. Makes things much more interesting.

dhopisthename
04-07-2018, 10:50 PM
The blazers are only down 1 with 8 minutes left this is a really close game.

Cal827
04-07-2018, 10:55 PM

Thunder are in Houston
Spurs Host Blazers

So I'm sorry for jinxing it for fans of teams below these guys :laugh2:

dhopisthename
04-07-2018, 10:56 PM
well nevermind Spurs go on a huge run

Htownballa1622
04-07-2018, 10:57 PM
This is actually a smart loss for Rockets. It ensures okc staying out of 8 seed if they win once more and keeps them on warriors bracket. Id rather play Denver or Minnesota round 1 anyway.

I wouldn't be worried about okc in playoffs though.

zn23
04-07-2018, 11:01 PM
Harden with 5 points in the 2nd half... Very un-MVP like from him.

More-Than-Most
04-07-2018, 11:02 PM
not gonna lie. I kind of dont want PG... I want Lebron, all though Lebron would need to see another star here before even considering us.

Yea tho, some are happy to see OKC struggling and possibly missing the postseason.

not a PG13 fan either. I was always pro jimmy buckets over him and still am... I just dont like PG game.

c.c.
04-07-2018, 11:03 PM
OKC played great defense in the 4th quarter! Good game

zn23
04-07-2018, 11:11 PM
Well, things just got a whole lot more interesting in the West. Everything will basically come down to Nuggets vs. Wolves (if the Nuggets beat Portland that is).

dhopisthename
04-07-2018, 11:21 PM
only good news for the Jazz is that if they go 3-0 they get the #3 seed.

c.c.
04-07-2018, 11:28 PM
only good news for the Jazz is that if they go 3-0 they get the #3 seed.

Imagine if Hayward would of stayed, the Jazz would of been nasty!

When it comes to drafting good players the Utah Jazz are under rated.

More-Than-Most
04-08-2018, 03:12 PM
win number 50... 14 in a row.... ben with a 16/8/9 performance with 4 steals and a block on 70 percent shooting... sixers also were up 20 before taking their starters out... another double digit win while holding the oppo under 100 points.

PurpleLynch
04-08-2018, 06:40 PM
win number 50... 14 in a row.... ben with a 16/8/9 performance with 4 steals and a block on 70 percent shooting... sixers also were up 20 before taking their starters out... another double digit win while holding the oppo under 100 points.

76ers will be a force for years if Simmons and Embiid remain healthy. The talent of those two, mixed with a good cast (Reddick, Saric, Covington, Fultz and Belinelli above anyone else) could be already something of really serious next year in the playoffs.

dhopisthename
04-08-2018, 08:25 PM
yay Jazz clinch a playoff spot

More-Than-Most
04-08-2018, 08:36 PM
lakers loss pretty much means sixers probably get the 10th pick : )

Lakers + Giants
04-08-2018, 11:54 PM
lakers loss pretty much means sixers probably get the 10th pick : )

**** it. I first I just wanted it outside the top 5, then outside the top 7, then outisde the top 10. I guess it's not too bad. If we had kept Dlo tho that pick would be inside the top 7 no doubt in my mind, Kuuuuuuuuz!

Assuming the pick doesn't somehow land inside the top 3... :hide:

tredigs
04-09-2018, 12:30 AM
No offense but if I could bet solely against PSD I feel like I would be up approximately 5.7 million. L+G is the only one here who has any understanding of what it takes to bet. And, the rest of you are very cute.

Lakers + Giants
04-09-2018, 12:58 AM
What up tre?

If you don't mind me asking, what made you post that? Regardless, appreciate the shout out tho haha.

Vee-Rex
04-09-2018, 10:48 AM
No offense but if I could bet solely against PSD I feel like I would be up approximately 5.7 million. L+G is the only one here who has any understanding of what it takes to bet. And, the rest of you are very cute.

Maybe so but I'd clean you out in Texas Hold 'em.

ANY PLACE, ANY TIME

tredigs
04-09-2018, 03:22 PM
Maybe so but I'd clean you out in Texas Hold 'em.

ANY PLACE, ANY TIME

Haha. You think so? ; ) I've got a few million hands + almost 2 decades under my belt. What about you?