PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie out for season/playoffs

WaDe03
04-05-2018, 12:57 PM

Heat, Wizards, and Bucks will be fighting for that 7th seed. Huge blow for Boston but probably for the best.

NYKnickFanatic
04-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Wow. Huge loss. Going to be a tough round one for Boston. Wouldnít be shocked if we see a first round exit.

warfelg
04-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Tough blow.

Heediot
04-05-2018, 01:06 PM
This will be good experience for Brown and Tatum for the future. The more of a workload/experience they get now, may reap its fruits in the future.

WaDe03
04-05-2018, 01:09 PM
I'm the PSD Woj.

WaDe03
04-05-2018, 01:10 PM
So do you all think they can beat the Heat, Wizards, or Bucks to get out of the 1st round or are they screwed?

Jeffy25
04-05-2018, 01:10 PM
So Bron will be in the Finals again then

Jeffy25
04-05-2018, 01:11 PM
So do you all think they can beat the Heat, Wizards, or Bucks to get out of the 1st round or are they screwed?

Tatum, Brown and Horford are going to be good, but they won't get past the Cavs in the second round without Kyrie and Hayward

WaDe03
04-05-2018, 01:14 PM
Tatum, Brown and Horford are going to be good, but they won't get past the Cavs in the second round without Kyrie and Hayward

So you think they win their first round matchup then?

WaDe03
04-05-2018, 01:15 PM
So Bron will be in the Finals again then

He was probably going regardless unless they have to play the Heat.

dyst
04-05-2018, 01:15 PM
Another asterisk * for Lebron

PAOboston
04-05-2018, 01:28 PM
So do you all think they can beat the Heat, Wizards, or Bucks to get out of the 1st round or are they screwed?I think can beat them but it's going to take pretty much everything they got. It's really a toss up at this point. They are legit playing guys the #13-15 guys on the roster right now and G League players due to the injuries lately.

With BOTH Kyrie and Smart out their guard depth just isn't there. They need Rozier to heal up from his ankle sprain and pray no one else gets hurt in the worst way.

It certainly dampens expectations though. Huge bummer. At least Brown and Tatum will get valuable playoff minutes and experience.

Whatever happens, happens at this point.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Htownballa1622
04-05-2018, 01:29 PM
I'm the PSD Woj.

Except I wrote it in general thread 4 mins before u ;)

Htownballa1622
04-05-2018, 01:30 PM
Another asterisk * for Lebron

Lol. No

WaDe03
04-05-2018, 01:31 PM
Except I wrote it in general thread 4 mins before u ;)

Haha thread worthy though!

WaDe03
04-05-2018, 01:32 PM
"Having another surgery and will be out 4-5 months." -PSD Woj

PAOboston
04-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Looks like the just elected for Kyrie to get the screws removed from his knee now instead of delaying it with playoffs. Out 4-5 months and should be ready for training camp.

It's basically punting on the season. It stinks but probably the right decision.

FlashBolt
04-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Let's be honest.. Celtics need Hayward to actually compete. They were a very good team but they gave up a lot for Kyrie. Need to be smart about this. He's only 26.

warfelg
04-05-2018, 02:05 PM
I wrote elsewhere that I get Kyrie in many many many ways is different but:

This feels like the Bynum situation where the knee is deteriorating and just will always be a problem.

mightybosstone
04-05-2018, 02:07 PM
What a bummer. That potential Kryie vs. Lebron matchup in the second round was the second round series I was most looking forward to. This also sucks for him and for the Celtics, which have already had to deal with Hayward's injury all season.

Vee-Rex
04-05-2018, 02:13 PM
I'm the PSD Woj.

I'm the PSD Woj. You're the PSD Stephen A Smith.

WaDe03
04-05-2018, 02:17 PM
I'm the PSD Woj. You're the PSD Stephen A Smith.

:laugh:

Flashbolt and MTM are the PSD Nick Wrights!

Jeffy25
04-05-2018, 02:19 PM
So you think they win their first round matchup then?

I think they could, depends on who they land

I think they could challenge Milwaukee, would lose to Washington, could beat Miami potentially.

They won't get past the Cavs or 76ers though, whoever ends up the 3 seed, who will beat the 6 seeded Pacers.

numba1CHANGsta
04-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Typical Eastern conference always finding ways for LeBum to make it to yet another Finals. Silver needs to change the playoff seeding to 1-16 cuz the East has been a joke ever since MJ left the Bulls

Vee-Rex
04-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Typical Eastern conference always finding ways for LeBum to make it to yet another Finals. Silver needs to change the playoff seeding to 1-16 cuz the East has been a joke ever since MJ left the Bulls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

warfelg
04-05-2018, 02:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

I donít know how you find this stuff but you are good.

Chronz
04-05-2018, 02:59 PM
If they lose, jbulls will bring uphow they lost despite hca while ignoring all context

ewing
04-05-2018, 03:56 PM
:laugh:

Flashbolt and MTM are the PSD Nick Wrights!

Iím PSDís Harvey Weinstein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAOboston
04-05-2018, 04:38 PM

This feels like the Bynum situation where the knee is deteriorating and just will always be a problem.They said his knee cap was structurally sound but that he would have to get the screws removed at some point. I suppose waiting any longer would have jeopardized him being ready for the start of training camp.

WaDe03
04-05-2018, 04:39 PM
He has an infection in that knee.

cmellofan15
04-05-2018, 05:59 PM
Two words. Injury prone.

Leftcoast_yg
04-05-2018, 06:11 PM
What a bummer. That potential Kryie vs. Lebron matchup in the second round was the second round series I was most looking forward to. This also sucks for him and for the Celtics, which have already had to deal with Hayward's injury all season.

Ikr big bummer

IKnowHoops
04-05-2018, 07:23 PM

Cavs officially won the trade then no?

IKnowHoops
04-05-2018, 07:25 PM

This feels like the Bynum situation where the knee is deteriorating and just will always be a problem.

What a boss move by a Bron shipping him out.

warfelg
04-05-2018, 07:35 PM
ESPN confirming this is a second procedure to take out screws and clean up an infection. This isn't looking for for the long term.

More-Than-Most
04-05-2018, 07:40 PM
So let me make sure i understand this...

cavs suck all year and are done

Celtics play great even without kyrie and stevens is the coach of the year

Now that kyrie is confirmed out its OMG BRONS IN THE FINALS AGAIN BECAUSE LUCK lol....

This is really bad for the celtics because it does seem like the bynum issue but they have assets so I am sure they will be fine. I like last year thought the celtics were built to be better without IT... I still think they are even without ball hog/shot taking no defense kyrie... People laughed when i said this about IT last year and the celtics player better without him.

IKnowHoops
04-06-2018, 03:27 AM
Cavs won the initial trade no?😂

corky831
04-06-2018, 07:49 AM
ESPN confirming this is a second procedure to take out screws and clean up an infection. This isn't looking for for the long term.

How is this looking bad for the future? This was known that Kyrie was going to have these screws out the whole time, they probably were waiting until the off season. The area most likely got infected from the procedure done back in March, so the right move was to just clean up the infection, and remove the screws now. The knee is structural sound and fully healed. This is nothing like Bynum, Bynum was 7 feet 285 lbs, much more taxing to his knees than a 6'3" 200 lb Kyrie. Also, the only valuable piece that was sent to the Cavs was that Nets pick, and they are sitting in the 7 spot currently with the possibility of winning their last 3 games (CHI twice, and a Boston team that will be resting). Chances are they don't fall in the top 5 and have a shot at Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, or Porter. Maybe they get Wendell Carter, but he looked soft in the Tourney. I'll take Kyrie over what the Celtics gave up

warfelg
04-06-2018, 08:21 AM
How is this looking bad for the future? This was known that Kyrie was going to have these screws out the whole time, they probably were waiting until the off season. The area most likely got infected from the procedure done back in March, so the right move was to just clean up the infection, and remove the screws now. The knee is structural sound and fully healed. This is nothing like Bynum, Bynum was 7 feet 285 lbs, much more taxing to his knees than a 6'3" 200 lb Kyrie. Also, the only valuable piece that was sent to the Cavs was that Nets pick, and they are sitting in the 7 spot currently with the possibility of winning their last 3 games (CHI twice, and a Boston team that will be resting). Chances are they don't fall in the top 5 and have a shot at Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, or Porter. Maybe they get Wendell Carter, but he looked soft in the Tourney. I'll take Kyrie over what the Celtics gave up

Because knee issues never get magically better. They only get worse.

1/2/2014 - Missed time with sore left knee
12/11/2014 - Left game - left knee injury
1/4/2015 - Left knee contusion
5/22/2015 - Left knee tendonitis
6/5/2015 - Fractured left knee cap
10/1/2015 - surgery on the left knee
4/10/2017 - left knee tendinitis
3/5/2018 - sore left knee (left)
3/24/2018 - knee surgery (left)

And now there's an infection in that knee that needs a procedure to clean up. You think this is going to get better? I think it's clear that this knee has issues and will be a career long issue and might have long term effect on his career.

Lil Rhody
04-06-2018, 11:06 AM
You still make the trade

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

warfelg
04-06-2018, 11:45 AM
You still make the trade

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I never said you donít. A healthy Kyrie is worth it. There should be concerns about how long he can stay healthy though.

Vee-Rex
04-06-2018, 12:00 PM

IT helped facilitate the deal that got us Nance. Zizic looks like he could be a starter one day, and the Nets pick's value remains undetermined. I'm personally happy with the deal as a Cavs fan, given the fact that we'd likely be without Kyrie this year if we kept him.

Knee injuries aren't cute. You don't want your 26 year old to have the kind of history with knee injuries that Kyrie does. His knee is indeed structurally sound, but that doesn't mean there's no chance of it exploding if he bump knees with someone, now that the screws holding it together will be gone.

Remember - Kyrie has a history of knee tendonitis. Tendonitis is generally not caused by a specific injury - it's usually caused by accumulated stress on knee tendons from repetitive motions.

Kyrie's game relies on a LOT of sharp cutting. At this point I'm just not confident he'll be perfectly fine for his career. Sucks to say, but it's a reasonable take.

FlashBolt
04-06-2018, 01:44 PM
Knee issues in basketball are serious. So are ankles... You need your quick burst of parts from your lower body as a guard to get around defenders. if you don't think Kyrie's injuries are partly related to how he can get around defenders, you are going to be very surprised when this guy stops playing the way he does down the years. There is no way he can keep this up.

Ishkabibble
04-06-2018, 02:33 PM
So Kyrie Irving's effectiveness as a basketball player is, for all intents and purposes, over.
Got it.

FlashBolt
04-06-2018, 02:57 PM
So Kyrie Irving's effectiveness as a basketball player is, for all intents and purposes, over.
Got it.

No, no one said that. But to say this won't somehow affect his game and the future? It's a lie. He's had a history of these knee issues and as a guard who relies on lateral quickness that starts from his knees, it's going to be a bigger issue than it would be than for a guy who doesn't depend on it as much.

flea
04-06-2018, 09:21 PM
Sucks but at least I don't have to watch Eastern Conference playoff games again ths year. I think the West could have an upset this year, by which of course I mean either the Warriors or Rockets losing before the WCF. Shaping up to be another yawn-worthy year in the NBA overall though.