PDA

View Full Version : Need a change of scenery

ewing
04-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Saw this thread elsewhere and thought it was a good one. What player(s) do you think could really benefit from a change of scenery?

I think Robin Lopez need out of Chicago. He is a throw back guy and you might not be able to play him all the time in todayís NBA but I think he can have a lot of value for a good team

Nerlene Noel needs to find a home pronto. I think splitting time with Cappella in Houston would be the ideal spot for him.

Who else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beasted86
04-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Andrew Wiggins - I have a feeling you'll see an Oladipo type of surge in a different environment.

Jabari Parker - Rather than rot on the bench, would like to see him get a fresh start as a #1 or 2 on a team like Utah to join with Mitchell or Phoenix to join with Booker and a top 3 pick

GREATNESS ONE
04-04-2018, 06:59 PM
Kawhi Leonard

dhopisthename
04-04-2018, 09:52 PM
for the Jazz Alec Burks. he hasn't gotten real playing time for quite a while. probably not happening with his contract though. Its not bad, but he hasn't shown enough for someone to take it on with so little cap space unless we give up something

Scoots
04-04-2018, 09:53 PM
I think Noel would do well with a prove it contract with the Warriors. Zaza, McGee, and West are gone at the end of the year. He can come in with a legit chance to start.

Scoots
04-04-2018, 09:55 PM
Both Lopez brothers should be on good teams.

ewing
04-04-2018, 09:56 PM
I think Noel would do well with a prove it contract with the Warriors. Zaza, McGee, and West are gone at the end of the year. He can come in with a legit chance to start.

Like Houston I think it would a good spot for him. On Noel if he can succeed in that situation

Cal827
04-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Raptors- Serge Ibaka.... always starting **** that would just lead to his *** getting beat if it isn't for Derozan or Lowry stepping in.

Freaking challenging James Johnson to a fight.... He's lucky that Derozan knows James during the times they played here together cause he might be out for the season otherwise :laugh2:

ewing
04-04-2018, 10:16 PM
I've always loved Kidd-Gilcrest and think if he could stay healthy and get himself on a team that could better tolerate his awful jump shot he could make a difference somewhere.

I also love Fred Van Vleet on the Raps. IDK if he can be a legit starting PG but I'd like to see him try.

IndyRealist
04-04-2018, 10:30 PM
Andrew Wiggins - I have a feeling you'll see an Oladipo type of surge in a different environment.

Jabari Parker - Rather than rot on the bench, would like to see him get a fresh start as a #1 or 2 on a team like Utah to join with Mitchell or Phoenix to join with Booker and a top 3 pick

Except that ignores why Oladipo is so much better this year.

ewing
04-04-2018, 10:33 PM

Indy what happened to that lithuanian PG that came to Indy maybe 5 years ago with a lot bunch of hype around him. I guess he just bust, did he get hurt?

IndyRealist
04-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Indy what happened to that lithuanian PG that came to Indy maybe 5 years ago with a lot bunch of hype around him. I guess he just bust, did he get hurt?

Sarunas Jasikevicius? That was 2005 man. He couldn't play NBA defense (not that he could play Euroleague defense either), and the Pacers were dysfunctional. He was brought in to bring a killer instinct to a contending team, not to mentor a bunch of knuckleheads. When we blew up what was left of that team, we traded him.

ewing
04-04-2018, 10:44 PM
Sarunas Jasikevicius? That was 2005 man. He couldn't play NBA defense (not that he could play Euroleague defense either), and the Pacers were dysfunctional. He was brought in to bring a killer instinct to a contending team, not to mentor a bunch of knuckleheads. When we blew up what was left of that team, we traded him.

Wow i'm old :)

(that was the guy)

Scoots
04-04-2018, 11:04 PM
Like Houston I think it would a good spot for him. On Noel if he can succeed in that situation

No way he starts in Houston though.

Scoots
04-04-2018, 11:06 PM
Wow i'm old :)

(that was the guy)

I remember him ... I loved the first Lithuanian Sarunas PG in the NBA so I watched the 2nd one flame out.

ewing
04-04-2018, 11:12 PM
No way he starts in Houston though.

Yeah. Both places could use his skills and live with what he canít do offensively though

ewing
04-04-2018, 11:13 PM
I remember him ... I loved the first Lithuanian Sarunas PG in the NBA so I watched the 2nd one flame out.

Run TMC

beasted86
04-05-2018, 06:55 PM

What doesn't explain it? A large hike in usage rate along with the natural age, athletic ability and experience that likely comes all together at the perfect time usually between the ages of 25-28?

I never even gave any explanation at all. But that's what I could see happening with Wiggins.

IndyRealist
04-05-2018, 07:41 PM
What doesn't explain it? A large hike in usage rate along with the natural age, athletic ability and experience that likely comes all together at the perfect time usually between the ages of 25-28?

I never even gave any explanation at all. But that's what I could see happening with Wiggins.

That's not why Oladipo is better this year. He felt slighted when the Pacers got panned after trading PG for him, completely changed his diet and lost like 20lb. He spent the entire summer in the gym working with the coaching staff. That's not natural progression. You're essentially hoping Wiggins gets a chip on his shoulder that would be completely counter to everything said about his personality. A very specific set of circumstances set Oladipo to blow up this year. I doubt it can be generalized to "every underachieving athletic wing player".

HandsOnTheWheel
04-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Durant

ewing
04-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Durant

Dude has been grumpy

beasted86
04-06-2018, 02:23 AM
That's not why Oladipo is better this year. He felt slighted when the Pacers got panned after trading PG for him, completely changed his diet and lost like 20lb. He spent the entire summer in the gym working with the coaching staff. That's not natural progression. You're essentially hoping Wiggins gets a chip on his shoulder that would be completely counter to everything said about his personality. A very specific set of circumstances set Oladipo to blow up this year. I doubt it can be generalized to "every underachieving athletic wing player".

Well let me ask... Beyond specifically analyzing Wiggins, and assuming everything you say is right about V.O. just from an all around common player analysis... Out of these 2:

A) Changing the diet, losing 20 pounds, spending the entire gym working with a coaching staff

B) Attitude/effort adjustment

Which is likely easier?

Wiggins is already a player who averaged almost 24 PPG at 22 years old.

I believe it's nothing more than tightening the reigns on his shot selection, working on a few skills to diversify his offense and getting him to buy in effort wise for him to average the same 24 a game on better efficiency along with better defense. Just those few things aren't an exact overhaul asking him to perform a complete (unlikely) transformation.

GREATNESS ONE
04-06-2018, 03:17 AM
Both Lopez brothers should be on good teams.

Brook didnít even want a buy-out.

NYKalltheway
04-06-2018, 05:26 AM
Lebron James

:D

Hawkeye15
04-06-2018, 09:44 AM

Wiggins doesn't get dirty or give a ****. Cant fix that.

Hawkeye15
04-06-2018, 09:45 AM
Well let me ask... Beyond specifically analyzing Wiggins, and assuming everything you say is right about V.O. just from an all around common player analysis... Out of these 2:

A) Changing the diet, losing 20 pounds, spending the entire gym working with a coaching staff

Which is likely easier?

I believe it's nothing more than tightening the reigns on his shot selection, working on a few skills to diversify his offense and getting him to buy in effort wise for him to average the same 24 a game on better efficiency along with better defense. Just those few things aren't an exact overhaul asking him to perform a complete (unlikely) transformation.

You know nothing about Wiggins clearly. He is a coaster and entitled. Watch him. Complete waste of physical potential

warfelg
04-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Guys that need a change of scenery IMO:
Kyle Lowry - I know this is a hot take, but he's got to get somewhere different. He's clearly in a funk.

Andrew Wiggins - been covered

Nikoli Vucivic - He could be a Nurkic type player for someone.

CJ McCullom - Another hot take, but I think he's a stud if he's away from Lillard

DeAndre Jordan - Should have never turned down Dallas IMO.

Marquese Chriss - A young guy wasting in PHX

Kemba Walker - Someone good save him please

beasted86
04-06-2018, 11:17 AM
You know nothing about Wiggins clearly. He is a coaster and entitled. Watch him. Complete waste of physical potential

I get it, he's Andrew Bynum post contract without the injuries. I get it.

Doesn't still mean that I don't believe under the right set of circumstances his attitude and effort couldn't pivot.

If he can "get up" to play Cleveland consistently, I still see a flicker of a candle fire within him.

c.c.
04-06-2018, 11:46 AM
1. LeBron James - It will stain his legacy but he needs a new chapter.
2. Kawhi Leonard - He needs to learn that the grass is not greener on the other side or prove that is.
3. Marc Gasol - I donít know if heís just irritated this season but he seems unhappy in Memphis.
4. Ryan Anderson - The Rockets could be so much greater if his salary was put towards somebody else who plays like a an 20 million dollar player.

IndyRealist
04-06-2018, 12:54 PM

Which is likely easier?

You're asking me is it easier to drop 20lb or completely change someone's personality?

24ppg is easy for a #1 pick. We've already covered this in another thread. Excluding rookies, 7 of the last 8 #1 picks have averaged 23ppg (that's excluding Fultz and Simmons, and Bennett missing the cut). The team that drafts you is usually bad with few other offensive options, and they have a vested interest in force feeding the new "face of their franchise". Per game stats mean next to nothing.

His efficiency has actually declined from year 2 to year 4, and while I don't watch the Wolves much the numbers suggest he is settling for more outside jumpers. His 3pta is up and his fta is down. BBR Has him at 22.6% of his shots at rim (a career low) and 25.9% from 3 (a career high). His free throw rate has dropped off a cliff.

Now, it could simply be the plays Thibs is calling, or that Teague and Butler are eating up opportunities, but if you're looking for him to buy in and and suddenly become more efficient, he's going in the opposite direction. If efficiency were easy, everyone would do it.

Chronz
04-06-2018, 01:30 PM
I've always loved Kidd-Gilcrest and think if he could stay healthy and get himself on a team that could better tolerate his awful jump shot he could make a difference somewhere.

I also love Fred Van Vleet on the Raps. IDK if he can be a legit starting PG but I'd like to see him try.
You still think nba teams are looking to tolerate that from swings these days? What team?

Van vleet was translated on my phone to can glory.... it's a sign he will have a long career, bet on it

ewing
04-06-2018, 02:02 PM
You still think nba teams are looking to tolerate that from swings these days? What team?

Van vleet was translated on my phone to can glory.... it's a sign he will have a long career, bet on it

Idk, Iím sure he could at least be used as a bench player and see a team with a jump shooting 4 and 5 being able to live with him. He is a hell of a defender and brings a lot of toughness. Charlotte is definitely not a good fit