PDA

View Full Version : 4/4 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
04-04-2018, 04:31 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/sd045l.jpg

aman_13
04-04-2018, 05:10 PM
A big game for the Raptors to say the least.

Cal827
04-04-2018, 06:13 PM
Raptors need this game, especially after their showing in Cleveland yesterday. A win here would almost guarantee HCA in the Eastern Conference playoffs, as they would break both of Boston's current tiebreakers, while applying theirs (only way Boston could still get the conference with a loss tonight would be winning out while Toronto loses out).

I worry cause they have been quite terrible defensively while Boston really has nothing to lose right now. I expect another close one, enraging Raptor fans on this site to the 100th degree :laugh2:

Also, finally a national TV game between the Celtics and Raptors... I mean, they've taken up 2 of the top 3 seeds in the past 2 seasons AND are Division Rivals, you think they would get a little more respect (even if Lebron is the money maker :laugh2: )

warfelg
04-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Sixers up 16 at the half with no Embiid and no Dario.

aman_13
04-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Ibaka is a dirty player. I can see why so many players have problems with him.

PAOboston
04-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Sixers up 16 at the half with no Embiid and no Dario.Philly has been playing well. They've faced a lot of suck bag teams but they are doing exactly what they are supposed to against those teams. Their defense is gonna give teams fits in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

aman_13
04-04-2018, 08:36 PM
The Raptors are in such a funk right now.

PAOboston
04-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Toronto looks tight right now. It's like they are already in playoff mode.

aman_13
04-04-2018, 08:42 PM
Toronto looks tight right now. It's like they are already in playoff mode.

I would agree but they have been like this for a couple weeks now.

PAOboston
04-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Ugh. Hate the fact the C's bench is so weak right now. Getting torched by Toronto's 2nd unit

PAOboston
04-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Cs have no idea how to run their offense right now.

zn23
04-04-2018, 09:08 PM
This Raps vs. Celtics game is one of the most anemic offensive performances you'll ever see.

JAZZNC
04-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Don't think I've ever said this before but.....Go Lakers!

Cal827
04-04-2018, 09:34 PM
:laugh2: I take back what I said about showcasing these teams... This game is UGGLLLY

Cleveland is probably laughing at this game at the moment

aman_13
04-04-2018, 09:41 PM
:laugh2: I take back what I said about showcasing these teams... This game is UGGLLLY

Cleveland is probably laughing at this game at the moment

Who cares about showcasing. The Raptors and Celtics don't have to prove anything to anyone.

PAOboston
04-04-2018, 09:48 PM
The C's offense tonight set basketball back 30 years. I know they have zero healthy guards but still. They should have just sat everyone for rest for the playoffs and they were gonna give this effort.

Cal827
04-04-2018, 09:49 PM
:laugh: I know Aman, but we both know that stations would much prefer an offensive game, over a ugly, defensive trench battle these days.

zn23
04-04-2018, 09:54 PM
I'm worried about Lowry... he's been abysmal the last 5 games. Not a good sign heading into the playoffs where he's known to fade.

warfelg
04-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Sixers are on their first 12 game win streak since 89-90. I lived in CT and was a Celtics fan back then.

Cal827
04-04-2018, 09:57 PM
I'm worried about Lowry... he's been abysmal the last 5 games. Not a good sign heading into the playoffs where he's known to fade.

At least he's bringing it on the defensive end today... I know its team related, but he's +15.

Might be something to build on after being burned by the guy he took the starting PG from 5 years ago :laugh2:

Also seeing that the team is pissed at him for going to the College basketball championship game the night before the big game in Cleveland... needs to do something to get back in good favor

Cal827
04-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Also a side note, man CJ Miles has forgot how to hit shots too.. Freaking got away with an offensive foul on brown, then tossed up an air ball :pity:

aman_13
04-04-2018, 10:18 PM
Also a side note, man CJ Miles has forgot how to hit shots too.. Freaking got away with an offensive foul on brown, then tossed up an air ball :pity:

He's always been a streaky player and he's not getting as many good looks recently.

Cal827
04-04-2018, 10:33 PM
Raptors win and are a win or another Celts loss away to the 1 seed in the East.... Though in the end if you're going against Lebron, you better be able to win on the road too... or win a game 1 in the playoffs :laugh2:

ewing
04-04-2018, 10:48 PM
Is it me or is Lonzo Ball always hurt?

WaDe03
04-04-2018, 11:06 PM

Don't worry, remember you said they would beat Cleveland.

FlashBolt
04-04-2018, 11:22 PM
This is why I hate when the regular season fools everyone into thinking they are better than they really are.. fact is, most teams don't give a sh** about the regular season and some players just have to play cause their salary is part of it. Come playoff time when teams get more serious, Toronto never rises to the occasion. IMO, Philly might be the second best team in the East.

More-Than-Most
04-04-2018, 11:39 PM
This is why I hate when the regular season fools everyone into thinking they are better than they really are.. fact is, most teams don't give a sh** about the regular season and some players just have to play cause their salary is part of it. Come playoff time when teams get more serious, Toronto never rises to the occasion. IMO, Philly might be the second best team in the East.

i said it months ago... i wanted boston in the first round... Us vs celtics/cavs/raptors depends on embiid this year... Next year when fultz gets it going and we get a free agent my god. We are due for our 3 point shooting slump and once that happens we play terrible.

FlashBolt
04-04-2018, 11:57 PM
i said it months ago... i wanted boston in the first round... Us vs celtics/cavs/raptors depends on embiid this year... Next year when fultz gets it going and we get a free agent my god. We are due for our 3 point shooting slump and once that happens we play terrible.

I want to see Philly take out Miami because I am sick of you know who.

WaDe03
04-05-2018, 12:07 AM
I want to see Philly take out Miami because I am sick of you know who.

Man you are sensitive as hell lol. I like ****ing with MTM and thedish, if they meet us and win I will congratulate them but the one true god isn't going to sit back and let it happen easily so they better be ready for Wade.

PAOboston
04-05-2018, 07:13 AM
i said it months ago... i wanted boston in the first round... Us vs celtics/cavs/raptors depends on embiid this year... Next year when fultz gets it going and we get a free agent my god. We are due for our 3 point shooting slump and once that happens we play terrible.Hate to break this to you but free agency is never s guarantee. Ask the Lakers. Even without a free agent, Philly will likely be good. To me, it basically Philly and Boston in the East for the future.

warfelg
04-05-2018, 08:27 AM
Hate to break this to you but free agency is never s guarantee. Ask the Lakers. Even without a free agent, Philly will likely be good. To me, it basically Philly and Boston in the East for the future.

Lakers are a bad example. They were paying Kobe almost too much to bring someone else in. Then they didn't have an enticing enough roster to get a star to want to come.

Our situation is actually closer to yours when you signed Horford. We're a young team with high upside and room for a max. That's exactly what you guys were with Horford.

PAOboston
04-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Lakers are a bad example. They were paying Kobe almost too much to bring someone else in. Then they didn't have an enticing enough roster to get a star to want to come.

Our situation is actually closer to yours when you signed Horford. We're a young team with high upside and room for a max. That's exactly what you guys were with Horford.Philly has more blue chip talent than Boston did at the time. Cs basically had IT and a bunch of role players. While Philly has max cap space, they should just be careful who they spend it on (not give out a max deal just to say they gave out a max deal). Fit on that roster is important.

warfelg
04-05-2018, 08:47 AM
Philly has more blue chip talent than Boston did at the time. Cs basically had IT and a bunch of role players. While Philly has max cap space, they should just be careful who they spend it on (not give out a max deal just to say they gave out a max deal). Fit on that roster is important.

Well that's where we got to hope that Colangelo does well.

Personally I want us to chase the 2 max guys (LeBron and CP3). If we miss, bring back JJ on a 3 year deal, get come depth at center, and steal Ariza from the Rockets. Mikel Bridges in the draft.

Simmons - Fultz - TJ
Fultz - JJ - Bridges
Covington - Ariza - Anderson
Saric - Simmons - Ilyasova
Embiid - FA - Holmes

PAOboston
04-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Well that's where we got to hope that Colangelo does well.

Personally I want us to chase the 2 max guys (LeBron and CP3). If we miss, bring back JJ on a 3 year deal, get come depth at center, and steal Ariza from the Rockets. Mikel Bridges in the draft.

Simmons - Fultz - TJ
Fultz - JJ - Bridges
Covington - Ariza - Anderson
Saric - Simmons - Ilyasova
Embiid - FA - HolmesInteresting that you bring up LeBron and CP3. They traditionally need the ball in their hands to be effective. How would that work with Simmons?

warfelg
04-05-2018, 09:10 AM
Interesting that you bring up LeBron and CP3. They traditionally need the ball in their hands to be effective. How would that work with Simmons?

I meant PG13 not CP3. Haha, my bad.

As for the LeBron thing: I think it would work amazingly well. We're a ball movement team. We're top 5 in assists per game. I think it would work like it did with the Heat and the way they played off each other well. And at any time we could have all three LeBron, Simmons, and Embiid; or two of them, at least one of them at all times.