PDA

View Full Version : NBA playoff matchups!

Twolves88
04-01-2018, 08:26 AM
I was looking over the timberwolves record along with several other teams and its a log jam at 4-8. So here's my question is it best for a team right now to simply just avoid the 8th seed? Seeing as the warriors are injured and basically all other teams seem equal except Houston. Is this playoff seeding going to break down to wanting to get the 7th seed? It would eliminate from having to face Houston in the second round and it seems like the warriors might be beatable?

For Minnesota I would much rather play Portland or GSW then be matched up against the spurs(who always beat us) or the thunder or the rockets whom have murdered us all year long.

What are your thoughts? Which teams want to avoid each other in the playoffs? Is Golden states vulnerability a mirage?

HandsOnTheWheel
04-01-2018, 09:27 AM
An OKC-gs 1st round matchup would be one for the ages

Cal827
04-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Teams to avoid:

Raptors- Avoid Boston, Cleveland, Philly, probably Washington, possibly Indiana, definitely Miami... Maybe Milwaukee :laugh2:

But yeah, a Thunder-Warriors round one would be awesome.

Though I think the Warriors would want to avoid OKC and Minnesota (if Butler comes back)

Houston- Probably want to look out for San Antonio

Celtics- probably the Wizards in the first round

FlashBolt
04-01-2018, 09:24 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing the other day.. I think Minny could beat the Warriors if Curry is not able to play and Jimmy Butler can. Jimmy Butler is a stud of a player who was top ten in my list this season. I was also thinking a few days ago when Russ played like absolute trash vs the Spurs: Man, this is our chance to beat the Warriors (and KD haha) without Curry being in the rotation. I do think we can take them out if Curry doesn't play.. it might be our best chance to make the Finals - take out the Warriors when they are most vulnerable. Buttttt, the playoff standings are so close that it's too risky to strategize W/L's to land in a certain seeding. All the NBA teams in the West right now (outside HOU/GSW/POR) are simply just trying to survive.

europagnpilgrim
04-01-2018, 11:22 PM
An OKC-gs 1st round matchup would be one for the ages

the cupcake 2.0 t-shirts/billboards would be absolutely classic and full of comedy if okc pulls that series out, it would turn strictly to a Rockets-OKC media firestorm

if OKC were to somehow to win the West, Lebron would basically own the 3 guys he has owned his entire career w-l wise, well I give a little bit of credit to Melo in his Nuggets years but George and Westbrook and to a lesser degree Melo has been completely owned by Melo, George has the lions share since he has been in the East and having more chances at him, meaning he has gotten beaten down more on a solo level

if Curry isn't back for 1st round, KD vs. Russ would be a the media's pipedream for this nba season, all other stories aside it wouldn't get much better than a 1st round matchup, I'd go to all 4-7 games for sure

mrblisterdundee
04-02-2018, 12:13 AM
I want to see the third and fourth seeds in the east fall a spot. Throw the 76ers into the fire against LeBron. Giannis would also have a field day against a Celtics without Smart.
Houston versus Utah would be an awesome matchup. I'd also love to watch Davis go beast mode against a Warriors team without Curry.

FlashBolt
04-02-2018, 03:12 AM
I want to see the third and fourth seeds in the east fall a spot. Throw the 76ers into the fire against LeBron. Giannis would also have a field day against a Celtics without Smart.
Houston versus Utah would be an awesome matchup. I'd also love to watch Davis go beast mode against a Warriors team without Curry.

That's not a tough matchup for KD. I think this season can help validate KD's move to the GSW if he can take out a team like the OKC or Minny without Curry.

R. Johnson#3
04-02-2018, 05:38 AM
I'd love to see Sixers vs Lebron in the 1st round so Lebron can give people their reality checks.

WaDe03
04-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Flashbolt you can't talk negative about me as a fan when you have 4 or 5 different teams you root for. You also followed LeBron to Miami and then back to Cleveland and your reasoning for liking LeBron so much is because he's the best, that's a pure bandwagon fan.

FlashBolt
04-02-2018, 02:30 PM
I'd love to see Sixers vs Lebron in the 1st round so Lebron can give people their reality checks.

No. I want to see Embiid in the playoffs. I want Sixers to play the Heat so MTM can argue with Wade03 all day long. Then when the Sixers beat them, Wade03 will sign off, sign back on, and jump back into the Cleveland LeBron James wagon like he's a new person. Then I want the Sixers to play the Cavailers. LeBron vs Simmons and Embiid will generate massive interest for obvious reasons (passing of the torch, Embiid's trolling abilities, Philly being a FA destination for LeBron.) IMO, if it were up to me, I'd have Cavs play Wizards (cause John Wall and Beal talked trash about how Cavs avoided them), Cavs play Sixers in the second round, and then Cavs play Raptors (assuming Kyrie isn't healthy) in the ECF. Mainly because I think Raptors fans have been overrating their team once playoffs roll around. And we are seeing that come to fruition. With the playoffs coming near, Raptors are playing the worst basketball of their season. But a healthy Kyrie on the Celtics? Man. That will be fun.

TheDish87
04-02-2018, 03:02 PM

we'd sweep em.

MTA12
04-02-2018, 09:14 PM
I got the Cavs vs 6ers in the ECF and Warriors vs Rockets in WCF. Those two series will be the most interesting for me , but it's clear that whoever wins the West are going to be the champs. Would love to see Philly shock the World though.

mrblisterdundee
04-02-2018, 10:46 PM
That's not a tough matchup for KD. I think this season can help validate KD's move to the GSW if he can take out a team like the OKC or Minny without Curry.

The Warriors are obviously still the favorites, but they've shown some weakness without Curry against dominant big men.
The Thunder would probably be the better matchup, if they can lose some games in the final stretch. Durant-Thompson-Green versus Westbrook-George-Adams would be fun. I'd make Marshmelo my sixth man and sic Grant on Durant.
And I don't think any of these series will validate Durant's decision. We already knew he took the easiest route to championships short of joining up with LeBron. If Durant wants validation, he can beat Houston without Curry.