PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah Thomas to undergo season-ending hip surgery

HandsOnTheWheel
03-28-2018, 01:58 PM
What does this mean for his upcoming Free Agency? Does he take a 1 year prove-it type deal, or will he go down as never have gotten that big payday?

beasted86
03-28-2018, 02:06 PM
1 yr overpay like Reddick and KCP.

missionh1llpart
03-28-2018, 02:11 PM
I think he takes a one year prove it deal with a ***** team like Rondo did with Sacramento a couple years back. I think IT will take a 1 year deal for roughly $8-10 million from the Magic, and I honestly think (depending on who is coaching them next year) that could be enough to make Orlando an 8th seed in the east and get IT the big payday the following year if he stays healthy.

MygirlhatesCod
03-28-2018, 02:16 PM
its a clean up procedure. very misleading title.

Vee-Rex
03-28-2018, 02:21 PM
lol the season ends in like 2 weeks and the lakers won't be in the postseason.

warfelg
03-28-2018, 02:22 PM
What should have been done in the first place.

FlashBolt
03-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Hard to feel sorry for a guy like him, tbh. He was great for Boston but he's just not a great locker room presence. I feel like he's mistreated but purely based on what NBA requires now rather than they just "hate" the guy. He's a 5'8 point guard who shoots first and asks questions later. He plays no defense (even if he tries, he isn't capable), and his best asset (scoring the ball) has been terrible this entire season (Lakers or Cavs). Someone will pay him but I would be very surprised if the guy gets a six figure contract.

ewing
03-28-2018, 04:11 PM
rough year

Scoots
03-28-2018, 05:15 PM
Hard to feel sorry for a guy like him, tbh. He was great for Boston but he's just not a great locker room presence. I feel like he's mistreated but purely based on what NBA requires now rather than they just "hate" the guy. He's a 5'8 point guard who shoots first and asks questions later. He plays no defense (even if he tries, he isn't capable), and his best asset (scoring the ball) has been terrible this entire season (Lakers or Cavs). Someone will pay him but I would be very surprised if the guy gets a six figure contract.

The NBA is good at keeping what happens in a locker room quiet, but when a player with some elite skill ends up on his 6th team in 7 years it tells us that he's not that good in the locker room. Add that to what leaked out of the Cavs organization which seems to support that idea. I think he's never going to get a contract from any of the better run franchises in the NBA again.

beasted86
03-28-2018, 08:52 PM

Do you mean 8 figure? (Meaning he will have to take less than $10M)

FlashBolt
03-28-2018, 08:59 PM
Do you mean 8 figure? (Meaning he will have to take less than $10M)

Per year, he'll probably get an 8 figure to be honest. But a long-term contract? No way. This guy isn't worth no six figure contract. He'll be getting like $10 million per max. Depends on how desperate teams are but in a league where guards are in abundance, it shouldn't be difficult for him to be replaced.

More-Than-Most
03-28-2018, 09:01 PM
He

Is

Trash

Seriously he was a product of the team around him and his defense was always bottom of the barrel ... I will give kudos to the celtics on one thing... Keeping business business and shipping him out nomatter what happened last year with the playoffs and his sister.

beasted86
03-28-2018, 09:33 PM
Per year, he'll probably get an 8 figure to be honest. But a long-term contract? No way. This guy isn't worth no six figure contract. He'll be getting like $10 million per max. Depends on how desperate teams are but in a league where guards are in abundance, it shouldn't be difficult for him to be replaced.

You mistakenly keep saying 6 figure. 6 figures is only the hundred thousand range. Less than the vet minimum.

He should easily get 7 figures and at minimum 1yr full non-tax MLE bids ($8M+) as for larger $10M+, it depends on his timeline for rehab and if he will be ready by training camp.

Even if he never becomes the 29 PPG scorer again, if he simply does what he did for the Lakers and puts up 15 PPG a night off the bench, that's easily worth the full MLE. So I think is likelier that to outbid the MLE teams, somebody offers up a $10M+ contract.

KingPosey
03-28-2018, 10:18 PM
I will bet you anything in the entire world he gets even MORE than a 6 figure contract

ewing
03-29-2018, 12:18 AM
The NBA is good at keeping what happens in a locker room quiet, but when a player with some elite skill ends up on his 6th team in 7 years it tells us that he's not that good in the locker room. Add that to what leaked out of the Cavs organization which seems to support that idea. I think he's never going to get a contract from any of the better run franchises in the NBA again.

Iíve heard he is a big meanie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinylman
03-29-2018, 09:47 AM
If the Lakers whiff in FA I would like to see them sign him as the bench PG for around $8-10 million on a one year deal with a team option at the same price for the next year with a $1 million buyout... we could then use him in a trade the following offseason.

WaDe03
03-29-2018, 10:01 AM
Flashbolt doesn't know what 6 figures means :facepalm: