PDA

View Full Version : Predict the 76ers

basketfan4life
03-28-2018, 10:16 AM
Where do you guys see them only for THIS year. I know barring injuries they look like they are gonna dominate the east for years to come but what about this year ?

As cleveland having their worst year since lbj came back, kyrie&hayward injured and 76ers actually jelling better and better lately, the circumstances as of right now looks good.

I am probably a little off with this but i think it's really an open race between the raptors,cavs, celtics and 76ers.

They might actually go to the finals.

What are your thoughts?

WaDe03
03-28-2018, 10:17 AM
They'll lose to the Heat in the 2nd round.

TheDish87
03-28-2018, 11:01 AM
4-4-4 through the East. book it.

Heediot
03-28-2018, 11:08 AM

Honestly, it quite possible to make it to the finals. Cavs are Vulnerable, and even if Lebron elevates his game in the playoffs, I don't know if that's enough this year without Kyrie and Love being a question mark.

The Raptors are always a question mark in the playoffs. Even with the style change and massively improved Bench. Like Houston duo (Cp and Harden), things have to show in the playoffs.

I don't see them sweeping the east though lol. With their inexperience, I don't think they get 1 sweep.

TheDish87
03-28-2018, 11:16 AM
was just joking around about the brooms. But we have more experience then we get credit for with our coaching, Reddick, Illiasova, Bellinelli, Amir Johnson who all play key mins. I know our best players have no experience but im not worried about Embiid, hes not suddenly going to become guardable bcuz say Jonas or Gortat or Horford have been in the playoffs and he hasnt, ya know? Im not gonna say we are going to the finals but yea we have as good a shot as anyone in the East.

KnicksorBust
03-28-2018, 11:21 AM
Depends on Fultz. My best guess is they win a round and then get knocked out but I agree their ceiling and their floor are polar opposites. Wouldn't shock me to see 1 and done and wouldn't shock me to see them in the Finals.

Vee-Rex
03-28-2018, 11:23 AM

Wanna bet?

:laugh2:

TheDish87
03-28-2018, 11:28 AM
youre still being annoying i see.

better pray you dont get us in the playoffs. you aint want none. lefraud aint want none either.

GREATNESS ONE
03-28-2018, 11:32 AM
They’ll lose to the Cavs in the East.

Vee-Rex
03-28-2018, 11:43 AM
youre still being annoying i see.

better pray you dont get us in the playoffs. you aint want none. lefraud aint want none either.

You're still sensitive, I see.

WaDe03
03-28-2018, 12:05 PM
You all are sleeping on the Heat even after what they did to the 2nd best team in the East last night (behind Miami) with no Whiteside or Bam.

TheDish87
03-28-2018, 12:27 PM
no one cares about the heat.

Vee-Rex
03-28-2018, 12:32 PM
I think Philly will reach the 2nd round for sure. The only teams I can see beating them are Cleveland and Toronto, and even then it would probably be a tough series with either.

Next year the East is probably owned by Boston and Philly.

WaDe03
03-28-2018, 01:13 PM
no one cares about the heat.

The Heat have accomplished more in the last 12 years than the Sixers have in their history....

aman_13
03-28-2018, 01:13 PM
You all are sleeping on the Heat even after what they did to the 2nd best team in the East last night (behind Miami) with no Whiteside or Bam.

I'm not discounting them beating Toronto. I think it can happen.

WaDe03
03-28-2018, 01:15 PM
I'm not discounting them beating Toronto. I think it can happen.

I'm more confident against the Celtics than I am you all, especially wth the injuries. The Sixers are the Heats sons Though so I'm hoping they can get the 3rd seed.

TheDish87
03-28-2018, 01:42 PM
The Heat have accomplished more in the last 12 years than the Sixers have in their history....

again, no one cares about the heat. i bet those 500 person parades were wild.

Heediot
03-28-2018, 02:28 PM
I think Philly will reach the 2nd round for sure. The only teams I can see beating them are Cleveland and Toronto, and even then it would probably be a tough series with either.

Next year the East is probably owned by Boston and Philly.

Yeah I think Bron jumps to Philly.

To stay on topic. Even with a healthy Kyrie, Philly will make it a good series, and a good chance to beat Boston too.

nastynice
03-28-2018, 02:49 PM
I got philly right there with Toronto. Which is slotted above Boston, below Cleveland

TheDish87
03-28-2018, 02:52 PM
HCA will be a big factor. Obviously its always a big factor but the Sixers only have 2 homes losses in 2018 and tied with the Cavs for 2nd best home record in the East. We also posses the 3rd best point diff in the East (T-5th overall) just .9 less then Boston. I think all of the East matchups are going to be fun and competitive

hallzi43
03-28-2018, 03:07 PM
They are so unpredictable. It will be interesting to see how worn Embiid is heading into the playoffs. Fultz will obviously be a big factor into taking a series. The pieces are certainly in place, but before their 2 game streak against fringe Western playoff teams, they haven't gotten a win over a playoff credible team since the Cavs on the 1st of March. Have to see how their road to the finals ends up looking. If they get anyone except the Heat in round 1 that will be perfect for them to take in 5 or less games. Then if they can get Boston or any of the bottom teams in round 2 that could be very good for them. That would leave Cleveland and Toronto to beat up on each other en route to the Eastern finals.

Lakers + Giants
03-28-2018, 03:12 PM
Depends on Fultz. My best guess is they win a round and then get knocked out but I agree their ceiling and their floor are polar opposites. Wouldn't shock me to see 1 and done and wouldn't shock me to see them in the Finals.

I agree with this with exception of making it to conference finals not finals.

I think 1 and done tho.

WaDe03
03-28-2018, 03:16 PM
again, no one cares about the heat. i bet those 500 person parades were wild.

They care more about the Heat than Philly.

goingfor28
03-28-2018, 03:19 PM
They care more about the Heat than Philly.I care more about Philly. The 6ers are fun.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Heediot
03-28-2018, 03:21 PM
They care more about the Heat than Philly.

honestly aint nobody care about the heat right now. outside of heat fans.

hallzi43
03-28-2018, 03:37 PM
Heat probably the best setup team to take any of the top 4 teams to 7 games.

Washington, Indiana, and Milwaukee would all have to offensively outplay the opposing team in 4 games which seems like a pretty tall task.

Shcamz
03-28-2018, 04:49 PM
I care more about Philly. The 6ers are fun.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yes. Agreed. Heat aren't exciting.

Bostonjorge
03-28-2018, 05:06 PM
Sixers looking scary to close the season so far. Simmons will be a tough out for sure. He can be the best player in any east series matchup.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2018, 05:08 PM
Their starting lineup is as formidable as any team in the league. But, with so much inexperience, I think 2nd round is probably optimistic for them this year.

Rivera
03-28-2018, 05:32 PM
im going out on the limb and saying they are going to make the finals this year. boston has to many injuries, dont trust lowry or derozan in the playoffs yet they have gone cold too many times, and cleveland can go either way depending on which cleveland we see. Philly has the length and athleticism to bother Lebron to make it realll interesting

I say Fultz has a break out post season off the bench, this Philly team doesnt know any better and keeps winning to the finals before they lose to either GSW or Houston

More-Than-Most
03-28-2018, 06:10 PM
Their starting lineup is as formidable as any team in the league. But, with so much inexperience, I think 2nd round is probably optimistic for them this year.

this... I want the finals as much as the next guy even if we get destroyed but earlier in the year we had issues closing and i feel like that will be a major issue come the playoffs... On top of this ben will get fouled a ton and be forced to shoot free throws.... 2nd round is probable but even that isnt 100 percent sure considering the east is pretty good but if they make the 2nd round i think the cavs/raptors are just better.

hallzi43
03-28-2018, 07:54 PM
im going out on the limb and saying they are going to make the finals this year. boston has to many injuries, dont trust lowry or derozan in the playoffs yet they have gone cold too many times, and cleveland can go either way depending on which cleveland we see. Philly has the length and athleticism to bother Lebron to make it realll interesting

I say Fultz has a break out post season off the bench, this Philly team doesnt know any better and keeps winning to the finals before they lose to either GSW or Houston

Derozan only had 2 bad games in the playoffs last season and Lowry got hurt in game 2 of the Cleveland series. They have a few more capable scorers this season to round them out. It was pretty much all Derozan/Lowry with a sprinkle of Ibaka last season. They will be a tougher out in this playoffs.

TrustJoseph
03-28-2018, 10:25 PM
It's good too see people Putting some respekt on the Sixers name

FlashBolt
03-28-2018, 10:41 PM
I feel like Ben will need to develop his jumper before this team truly has a title contention squad. Embiid is already a beast offensively/defensively. I'm not sure the other guys are ready but most championship contenders already have 2-3 elite players. Simmons is not yet elite and likely won't be for a few more years. He's talented but we haven't seen him really have to score the ball and when teams play halfcourt and defensive pressure increases, he's not going to get some of those passes and would have to look to score to get others open.

bootsy
03-28-2018, 10:51 PM

Wow you are dumb. And a horrible sports fan too.

ewing
03-29-2018, 12:23 AM
They will probably invest in an injury prone irreverent super talented 7 footer who will keep getting hurt but refuse to stop being funny. Eventually the fans will turn on him. They will criticize for him bowling or smiling. It won’t matter. Management will respond by selling off the team and tanking for the next 6 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaDe03
03-29-2018, 09:20 AM
Wow you are dumb. And a horrible sports fan too.

I was banned for calling someone dumb, I expect the mods to do the same here or they're racist.

bootsy
03-29-2018, 10:14 AM
I was banned for calling someone dumb, I expect the mods to do the same here or they're racist.

Won't happen because the mods know it is true regarding you.

bootsy
03-29-2018, 10:35 AM
Your posts are always garbage.

Typical, 'I'm not sure what to post' response to exactly what I already posted about you. Dude you switch teams to who your supposed 'favorite player' plays for. If that isn't some 10 year old philosophy I don't know what is. The only time I see your post is regarding the Heat, the Cavs, whatever the **** team you like on that day and you are usually trolling and your trolling sucks. You don't **** about sports and you just go around trolling on a daily basis.

WaDe03
03-29-2018, 10:36 AM
Won't happen because the mods know it is true regarding you.

Your posts are always garbage.

WaDe03
03-29-2018, 11:13 AM

Super Dario is scared MTM!

Vee-Rex
03-29-2018, 11:14 AM

WaDe03
03-29-2018, 11:24 AM

I just want consistency!!!

Westbrook36
03-29-2018, 11:31 AM
They will probably invest in an injury prone irreverent super talented 7 footer who will keep getting hurt but refuse to stop being funny. Eventually the fans will turn on him. They will criticize for him bowling or smiling. It won’t matter. Management will respond by selling off the team and tanking for the next 6 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cute

Sounds like the Knicks, huh? Instead of tanking they believe in mediocrity until the cycle repeats...and repeats...and repeats..but ENJOY!!!

DC22
03-29-2018, 09:47 PM
Anyone's prediction changed now that Embrokenorbital is out for a minute?

More-Than-Most
04-06-2018, 09:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmd4OLzhQw0

TrustJoseph
04-08-2018, 06:41 PM
From being laughed at for 4 year's too 50 wins and the 3 seed. Gooooooo sixers

nastynice
04-08-2018, 06:47 PM
IS embiid back soon? These guys got a shot at taking the east this year

mike_noodles
04-08-2018, 07:15 PM
It depends who they play and when they play them. I think they can win a round. The playoff experience of the other veteran teams will be too much for them, not to mention they are very good teams.

europagnpilgrim
04-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Could easily make ECF as well as flame out in 1st or 2nd round, they are a year or two away, its always the young superstars process they have to face, Bron did as well early in his career

if the Sixers had the young/peak AI3 or If Fultz was up near that level then I would pick them to come out because that would be some serious firepower for Bron to overcome at this stage in his career but since they don't and I could see Wizards or even Pacers given them fits but the Boston injuries have opened it up, even the injuries to Cavs have hurt them somewhat but they still have the best player so that really counts in playoffs

basketfan4life
04-09-2018, 04:21 AM
76ers' these last two games are very very critical. I mean for the whole eastern conference. If they can finish 3rd in the east. The can play the very shorthanded celtics in the 2nd round (of course if they can make it out first round) and can have a HCA in the conference finals if lbj can get past the raptors.

I know all these are hypotethical right now but this has been a super exciting season on both conferences.

kobe4thewinbang
04-09-2018, 07:36 PM
If Embiid can return and put on a show, I could see them making the NBA Eastern Conference Finals. With a complete meltdown by the Cavaliers (my pick to outlast the Raptors, Celtics, Wizards), it's *possible* the 76ers make magic and get into the Finals.

Watching Simmons dunk at will was like watching NBA Jam or something in real life. Rookie of the year, no doubt, with this triple doubles and athleticism. Embiid is just awesome to watch. They are playing with fire and joy right now, and it's tough to beat a team like that. Plus with Irving going down for the Celtics and Wall just now coming back for the Wizards, it's the perfect chance to stun the world.

Moving forward, assuming Embiid can mostly live up to that contract and stay healthy, I definitely think this team can stay relevant and become a contender (be in the mix like Toronto, Boston, etc) every year. If Embiid gets hurt again, though, yes, Simmons is a stud but Fultz would have to become a bigger force as well for them to stay in the mix.

I'm personally hoping for the Rockets to make the Finals this year. But it's not completely preposterous to say it could be Warriors/76ers or Rockets/76ers. Part of me wants to see the Cavaliers vs Rockets. Too bad Irving got hurt, cuz Celtics/Rockets or Celtics/Warriors would've been cool. Raptors would be nice to see make it, too.

My gut says the 76ers go out in the second round once they start to struggle versus a more experienced team, but I could see them going down in the ECF too. It's definitely nice to see them turn it around, as they were like in 9th place early on this season before their win streak got going, mostly due to Embiid and Simmons. Fultz coming back was a nice surprise.

If they make the ECF, I see LeBron taking them out. That staredown was awesome! But c'mon LeBron, make that free throw, son!

TylerSL
04-09-2018, 08:15 PM
A series with Miami in round one would be epic.

Jeffy25
04-10-2018, 12:03 AM
Assuming they stay the 3 seed, and match Milwaukee in the first round, that should be a win without too much issue. Greek can only do so much. Maybe a loss or two.

But then it's the Heat/Celtics, which they should be able to also beat.

But Cleveland/Toronto is probably too much.

So for fun

Raptors over Wizards
Cavs over Pacers
76ers over Bucks
Celtics barely over Heat

Cavs over Raptors
76ers over Celtics

Cavs over 76ers

West

Rockets over Wolves
Spurs over Jazz
Blazers over Thunder
Warriors over Pelicans

Rockets over Spurs
Warriors over Blazers

Warriors over Rockets

Warriors over Cavs

JasonJohnHorn
04-10-2018, 01:15 AM
It depends on the brackets. If Cleveland and TO play each other in the second round, they can get to the conference finals.

However, almost nobody on that team has playoff experence. That makes this really tough to call. They are gelling together at the end of the season, which help, and the big question mark if Fultz, who teams haven't gotten a chance to scout.

But even against Boston they are going against a very well-coached team. And Cleveland has extensive playoff expeirence. I don't think Toronto wants to lose their shot to the finals to the 76ers a second time (VC and co. lost to Mount Mutumbo and that chucker back in the day).

Even a first round match-up could prove challenging for the Sixers though. Washington has a veyr good squad....

Tough call.

Ishkabibble
04-10-2018, 03:57 PM
Screw the Sixers.
Year after year, season after season of deliberate tanking; I could never root for those douche bags.
The way Hinkie went about this rebuild was embarrassing.
They disgraced the league and the sport, as both Stern and Silver essentially acknowledged.
I hope Boston kicks the snot out of 'em for the next 10 years.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Screw the Sixers.
Year after year, season after season of deliberate tanking; I could never root for those douche bags.
They disgraced the league and the sport, as both Stern and Silver essentially acknowledged.

Yup. Total embarrassment to the sport, should be punished by the league for example lose draft picks TBH

Ishkabibble
04-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Yup. Total embarrassment to the sport, should be punished by the league for example lose draft picks TBH

You wanna fine 'em draft picks go right ahead, skippy.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-10-2018, 04:07 PM
You wanna fine 'em draft picks go right ahead, skippy.

You thought I was being sarcastic, buddy man? We've never had a league where teams compete to blatantly lose. It's a huge detriment to the league, something needs to be done apart from what they're planning to do

Ishkabibble
04-10-2018, 04:11 PM
You thought I was being sarcastic, buddy man? We've never had a league where teams compete to blatantly lose. It's a huge detriment to the league, something needs to be done apart from what they're planning to do

Yes I did. My bad....
I really do feel the Sixers did a disservice to the NBA going the route they chose to rebuild.
Now they've got a future but boy, did they dump all over their fans, advertisers and season ticket holders.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Yes I did. My bad....
I really do feel the Sixers did a disservice to the NBA going the route they chose to rebuild.
Now they've got a future but boy, did they dump all over their fans, advertisers and season ticket holders.

Yeah, it's BAD. Goes to show what the Golden States of the league does to the rest of the teams tho, but still emaressing for the league

Westbrook36
04-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Screw the Sixers.

The only problem with Hinkie was making it abundantly clear that he was tanking. That's where he rubbed the league and agents the wrong way with his unwillingness to spend cap on sub par role players. Plenty of teams have been terrible for a long while having nothing close to the talent level of the 76ers.

and now you've got every analyst and people across the nation jumping right on the bandwagon at the first sign of a competitive team.

You want to blame someone? Blame the players and the league in total for having multiple super teams where half of the league is looking into that inner circle of excellence.

warfelg
04-10-2018, 05:06 PM
Yes I did. My bad....

Dump all over fans, advertisers, and season ticket holders?

They took care of us during that time.

Now games are selling out, waiting list for season tickets, ads selling like crazy. Heck they even had to do a lottery for playoff tickets they were so in demand.

More-Than-Most
04-10-2018, 06:16 PM

Yes... Yes we have... Tanking has been around forever lol.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Yes... Yes we have... Tanking has been around forever lol.

No, not as bad as its been in recent years

FlashBolt
04-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Who's fault it is if bad management leads to players not wanting to go there and therefore, tanking is your only option? Or terrible contracts being handed out because they are just poor at constructing teams? Tanking is a form of rebuilding. I agree with it. My only problem is when teams are capable of competing competitively by making a few moves here or there but they refuse to do it because of past mistakes. Not every team should be tanking. It's a total disservice to the league but that's just what happens when players all decide to join another and not stick with their team. It's becoming a league where players have to join with other elite players to win moreso than ever.

Ishkabibble
04-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Most amazing thing of all is Hinkie missed badly on Okafor and Noel, the 3rd and 8th overall picks in their respective drafts. And they still ended up with a bunch of high picks that wound up hitting (Embiid, Simmons & Saric.) That's how long they intentionally sucked. The jury is still out on Fultz but I'll bet Ainge ain't displeased with the trade he made before the draft.
And for what it's worth, I got a whole buncha friends here in TX from Philly and they're happy now but there's no way they felt "taken care of" over the past 5 seasons. Hell, what I stated was tame compared to what they've said.

warfelg
04-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Most amazing thing of all is Hinkie missed badly on Okafor and Noel, the 3rd and 8th overall picks in their respective drafts. And they still ended up with a bunch of high picks that wound up hitting (Embiid, Simmons & Saric.) That's how long they intentionally sucked. The jury is still out on Fultz but I'll bet Ainge ain't displeased with the trade he made before the draft.
And for what it's worth, I got a whole buncha friends here in TX from Philly and they're happy now but there's no way they felt "taken care of" over the past 5 seasons. Hell, what I stated was tame compared to what they've said.

Noel was drafted in the same year as MCW and that was the start of it with the Holiday trade.

Saric was drafted the same year as Joel Embiid.

4 years that we were bad. Wow. Think about that. 4 years isn't all that much.

Ishkabibble
04-10-2018, 08:01 PM
Well they're back now and the future is bright. Forgot about MCW. And from what I recall I think they got some value when they dumped him. THEE worst ROY in NBA history.
My point is; in a league where tanking is an obvious and ongoing problem, I don't ever want to see this crap again. At least try to hide it.

warfelg
04-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Well they're back now and the future is bright. Forgot about MCW. And from what I recall I think they got some value when they dumped him. THEE worst ROY in NBA history.
My point is; in a league where tanking is an obvious and ongoing problem, I don't ever want to see this crap again. At least try to hide it.

We got the LAL pick for MCW.

TheDish87
04-11-2018, 07:44 AM
Screw the Sixers.

you mad?

TheDish87
04-11-2018, 07:45 AM
Yes I did. My bad....

this couldnt be more wrong. if you had season tix when the tank started you have been rewarded handsomely to this point.

JAZZNC
04-11-2018, 08:06 AM
you mad?

He is extremely butthurt over a LOT of things it seems.

warfelg
04-11-2018, 08:42 AM
He is extremely butthurt over a LOT of things it seems.

Yup. The reason that teams don't do what the Sixers did comes down to commitment. Teams struggle to commit to more than one year of tanking. So when teams go through one year they often try to push for speeding up the process by signing players to overpriced contracts.

Where Hinkie was different is he didn't just start signing guys just because he got a high pick.

When Colangelo signed to be the GM, he told a story about when he was in Toronto, and how when they drafted Bosh, they went straight onto signing players too soon thinking that he was the guy to build around. He talked about how he learned about that mistake and you have to see that guy play to understand what you need around him and to understand if he's the guy.

I don't think that teams are going to go to the lengths of what Philly did, but I do think that some are going to learn that you can't tank for 1 year and set yourself for a great future.

Ishkabibble
04-11-2018, 10:35 AM
I don't think that teams are going to go to the lengths of what Philly did, but I do think that some are going to learn that you can't tank for 1 year and set yourself for a great future.
-------------------------------------------------------
This.
GM's have worked their whole lives to become GM's and they don't want to commit to the career-suicide that is a complete rebuild. Can't blame 'em; like Hinkie, they fear it'll cost them their job.
And I agree that if you want to do it correctly it 'll take more than one tank year.
Boston was also in a total rebuild several years ago but the highest two picks they had (their selections) were Kelly Olynyk at #11 then Marcus Smart at #6.
But of course, a GM as clueless as Billy King only falls into a your lap once in a lifetime.
So the Boston and Philly rebuilds are not comparable because 80% of the Celtics rebuild was due to that one Brooklyn trade.
Look, I hate the way the Sixers went about it and I'm not the only one that never wants to see a repeat of that. But it did work and with everything that's happened in the East, I honestly think they have a shot to advance to The Finals.
And the architect of it all, Sam Hinkie, will almost certainly never be a GM again.

TheDish87
04-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Hinkie will absolutely be a GM again if he wants to. his name as surfaced since he quit. The Kings, Nets, or Suns desperately need him. He wont be able to go to the depths he did before but lets no act like he doesnt have an amazing basketball mind.

Ishkabibble
04-11-2018, 03:17 PM
Think this guy nails the way many feel about this;
Tanking is deplorable...but it does work.

I hate tanking. Professional sports teams that decide to lose now to possibly win later. It sells out the fans...the players and the coaches. It goes against every competitive fiber in an athletes being and cheapens the games we have come to love. And yet, the "process" of tanking appears to work. The Chicago Cubs and Houston Astros both won championships after making themselves the worst teams around just a few years ago. The latest example is the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers. In 2013 The Sixers new owners hired Sam Hinkie as General Manager. In his job interview he laid out his plan to lead Philly to the NBA title...he called it The Process...and it involved alot of losing. Philly was bad then and the future wasn't that bright....but the tanking began and after having a number of high draft picks they have been able to amass enough good players to become more than competitive. Even when a couple of those players (Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons) have suffered through serious injuries. Over three years the 76ers lost more games than any other team and broke the record for most consecutive losses. Now Philly has run off 15 straight wins as we head to the playoffs that begin on Saturday. And with a win over Milwaukee tonight in the regular season finale it would cement them into the 3 seed which could lead to a second round meeting with the banged up Celtics and a much easier road to the Finals. But Sam Hinkie won't be around to see it. His methods drew the wrath of the other owners and the league. The team hired a more traditional front office person to reign him in. He resigned in April of 2016 after realizing he had been marginalized. The thing is, The Process worked. The 76ers are a dangerous team now...with alot of high draft picks still in their quiver waiting to be used. Make no mistake...I still hate tanking despite the success of the Cubs, Astros and 76ers...and am glad the Brewers and Bucks took the middle road of at least trying to be competitive despite trading veterans for young players and having a low payroll for a number of years. Why. as a fan would I want to spend money on a ticket and overpriced concessions when a team isn't trying....for the promise of a possible payoff down the road...? You can have it.

TrustJoseph
04-11-2018, 09:19 PM

You can't nail every draft pick genius, you mad? You sad? Or all thee above because you sound super salty. Sam hinkie moves has us at 51 wins and headed to being a dynasty. Majority of sixer fans were on board with the tank because we wanted greatness. Not mediocrity. We're fine with the tank so listening to fans of other teams ***** about our team tanking is hilarious. Keep on whining and well keep on enjoying the fruits of oir tanking.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-11-2018, 10:46 PM
They lose in the ECF.

sixer04fan
04-12-2018, 12:00 AM
https://twitter.com/johnbarchard/status/984267076608151552?s=21

“So just to be clear... It took the Timberwolves 14 years to get back to the playoffs but everyone needed a diaper change when it took the Sixers 4 years... to claim a 3 seed...and look like a Finals contender. k.“

Shame on us for not losing the right way!

More-Than-Most
04-12-2018, 12:40 AM

“So just to be clear... It took the Timberwolves 14 years to get back to the playoffs but everyone needed a diaper change when it took the Sixers 4 years... to claim a 3 seed...and look like a Finals contender. k.“

also 2 number 1 picks.

TylerSL
04-12-2018, 12:55 AM
The Philadelphia-Miami series is going to be amazing. Easily the best first round series in the Eastern Conference. Can't wait.

FlashBolt
04-12-2018, 01:03 AM

Timberwolves were battling hard with K.Love, though. They went rebuild mode once they got Wiggins.

TheDish87
04-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Think this guy nails the way many feel about this;
Tanking is deplorable...but it does work.

I hate tanking. Professional sports teams that decide to lose now to possibly win later. It sells out the fans...the players and the coaches. It goes against every competitive fiber in an athletes being and cheapens the games we have come to love. And yet, the "process" of tanking appears to work. The Chicago Cubs and Houston Astros both won championships after making themselves the worst teams around just a few years ago. The latest example is the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers. In 2013 The Sixers new owners hired Sam Hinkie as General Manager. In his job interview he laid out his plan to lead Philly to the NBA title...he called it The Process...and it involved alot of losing. Philly was bad then and the future wasn't that bright....but the tanking began and after having a number of high draft picks they have been able to amass enough good players to become more than competitive. Even when a couple of those players (Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons) have suffered through serious injuries. Over three years the 76ers lost more games than any other team and broke the record for most consecutive losses. Now Philly has run off 15 straight wins as we head to the playoffs that begin on Saturday. And with a win over Milwaukee tonight in the regular season finale it would cement them into the 3 seed which could lead to a second round meeting with the banged up Celtics and a much easier road to the Finals. But Sam Hinkie won't be around to see it. His methods drew the wrath of the other owners and the league. The team hired a more traditional front office person to reign him in. He resigned in April of 2016 after realizing he had been marginalized. The thing is, The Process worked. The 76ers are a dangerous team now...with alot of high draft picks still in their quiver waiting to be used. Make no mistake...I still hate tanking despite the success of the Cubs, Astros and 76ers...and am glad the Brewers and Bucks took the middle road of at least trying to be competitive despite trading veterans for young players and having a low payroll for a number of years. Why. as a fan would I want to spend money on a ticket and overpriced concessions when a team isn't trying....for the promise of a possible payoff down the road...? You can have it.

paragraph breaks are your friend

Ishkabibble
04-12-2018, 02:43 PM
You can't nail every draft pick genius, you mad? You sad? Or all thee above because you sound super salty. Sam hinkie moves has us at 51 wins and headed to being a dynasty. Majority of sixer fans were on board with the tank because we wanted greatness. Not mediocrity. We're fine with the tank so listening to fans of other teams ***** about our team tanking is hilarious. Keep on whining and well keep on enjoying the fruits of oir tanking.

LMAO at "dynasty."
Boston's gonna be kicking Philly's azz up and down the Eastern Seaboard for the next decade or so.
Either way, more "you mad?" please, Pajama Boy.
Cuz...uh...it's just so awesome.

LaVar Ball
04-12-2018, 03:01 PM
The Philadelphia-Miami series is going to be amazing. Easily the best first round series in the Eastern Conference. Can't wait.

Philly in a gentleman’s sweep, and that too without Embiid.

Heat are overrated and I think Whiteside (especially if Embiid comes back) will be exposed.

TheDish87
04-12-2018, 04:07 PM
LMAO at "dynasty."
Boston's gonna be kicking Philly's azz up and down the Eastern Seaboard for the next decade or so.
Either way, more "you mad?" please, Pajama Boy.
Cuz...uh...it's just so awesome.

he mad