PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Scorers Of All Time

Rentzias
03-26-2018, 04:08 PM
This is probably one of the more heavily subjective topics in my group.

Let's start out with who your Top 5 All Time scorers are.

And then what are your criteria?

Then what is the breakpoint between dudes who are just "Can get buckets" and "Can/Got buckets at an all time great level"?

ewing
03-26-2018, 04:41 PM
tossing aside stats, the guys who scare me the most from anywhere on the floor are:

Jordan
Bird
Curry
Durant
Bryant (I think in today's game he would have more of a 3 point shot)

No Dirk?

Hawkeye15
03-26-2018, 04:43 PM
tossing aside stats, the guys who scare me the most from anywhere on the floor are:

Jordan
Bird
Curry
Durant
Bryant (I think in today's game he would have more of a 3 point shot)

Hawkeye15
03-26-2018, 04:53 PM
No Dirk?

Dirk, Bernard King, Alex English, and K Malone were my honorables

Shammyguy3
03-26-2018, 04:56 PM
Best scorers of all-time in no order: Jordan, Curry, Kareem, Durant, Wilt
Honorable Mentions in no order: Malone, King, English, Erving, Barry, Kobe, Gervin

Hawkeye15
03-26-2018, 05:03 PM
man when I was like 12 I used to wear my Alex English jersey to school every single day. That thing looked like crap when my Mom finally tossed it. I used to practice baseline jumpers all recess haha

Rentzias
03-26-2018, 05:31 PM
So what is the separator between the Jordan/Durant/Curry tier and the English/King/Malone tier?

warfelg
03-26-2018, 05:39 PM
I know my list might be “funny” but I’m going with guys who could score in bunches and get a shot off whenever they wanted:
Allen Iverson
Carmelo Anthony
Jamal Crawford
Dirk Nowiski
Jerry West

To give myself a complete team: Bill Russell.

West
AI
Melo
Dirk
Russell
6th man Crawford

Buckets y’all.

tredigs
03-26-2018, 05:42 PM
Tough question. I might go Jordan, Kareem, Wilt, Curry and Durant in some order (same as Shammy's it looks like). I can see arguments for Bird, Shaq, Kobe, Dirk, English and Malone. Actually Harden is a name that probably has to be mentioned now as well; we're on a 6 year stretch now where he's averaging an efficient 28 a game, and he does not have any real weakness as a scorer.

valade16
03-26-2018, 05:44 PM
The 3 locks for me are Jordan, Wilt and Curry. After that I'd have to really look hard at a bunch of guys. Kareem, Bird, Shaq, KD, Dirk, LeBron, Kobe, T-Mac. Probably some others. Then there are the underrated guys like Gervin and McAdoo.

tredigs
03-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Looking at the lists I'm surprised I was the first one to mention Shaq. 28 a game through his decade long prime (in a super slow paced era compared to today) on 56% from the field and he could not be single teamed. We can knock him for his FT's, but ditto Wilt. They're very close as scorers for me.

Jeffy25
03-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Jordan
Curry
Durant
Shaq
Wilt

In terms of being able to just score at absolute will.

I'd throw Bron in there, but I just don't think of him as a scorer, even though he does it very well.

Jeffy25
03-26-2018, 05:48 PM
Healthy McGrady, hell of a scorer

warfelg
03-26-2018, 05:50 PM
Looking at the lists I'm surprised I was the first one to mention Shaq. 28 a game through his decade long prime (in a super slow paced era compared to today) on 56% from the field and he could not be single teamed. We can knock him for his FT's, but ditto Wilt. They're very close as scorers for me.

I guess I never thought of him that way. Looking at my list I know I think scorer as “on ball wing shooter” and it’s why I leaned to guys that night not be super efficient.

warfelg
03-26-2018, 05:50 PM
Healthy McGrady, hell of a scorer

Grant Hill too.

KnicksorBust
03-26-2018, 08:12 PM
Am I crazy for thinking Jordan and Durant are the only two locks?

Shammyguy3
03-26-2018, 08:34 PM

Steph?

ewing
03-26-2018, 08:47 PM

Only if Im crazy for thinking that Dirk was a scarier scorer then KD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tredigs
03-26-2018, 08:48 PM

You are, for the fact that KD is essentially Dirk with much better athleticism.

ewing
03-26-2018, 09:08 PM
You are, for the fact that KD is essentially Dirk with much better athleticism.

In crunch time if Dirk is playing and Curry gets switched to him does he try to take him off the bounce from behind the arc or does shoot a mid range turn around In his face?

YAALREADYKNO
03-26-2018, 10:34 PM
Jordan
Kobe
Tmac
Durant
Dirk
No order

tredigs
03-26-2018, 10:41 PM
In crunch time if Dirk is playing and Curry gets switched to him does he try to take him off the bounce from behind the arc or does shoot a mid range turn around In his face?

I'm not sure this is the scenario that you want to hang your hat on. Again, KD has everything Dirk does, but with much better athleticism. I like Dirk a lot personally - more than KD - but this is a fact.

Chronz
03-27-2018, 01:54 AM
Just to shout out guys not mentioned, Andrew toney seemed to have the entire arsenal and would be even deadlier today. I liked reggie Lewis back in the day too.

Not counting guys who only score in one way like shaq but i admit that's my subjective definition of this meaningless distinction

Chronz
03-27-2018, 01:56 AM
I'm not sure this is the scenario that you want to hang your hat on. Again, KD has everything Dirk does, but with much better athleticism. I like Dirk a lot personally - more than KD - but this is a fact.
Honestly not convinced, I think Dirk would tear it up in a spot like golden state. As the sole offensive fulcrum, gimme Dirk.

Chronz
03-27-2018, 01:58 AM

Frick yeah. Not gonna forget what kd looked like throughout his short tenure carrying a superstar load comparable to the rest of the nominees

ManningToTyree
03-27-2018, 02:59 AM
Jordan
Durant
Curry
Kobe
Bird

Took guys that can score in any way they had to but there's a good dozen guys that are just a half a tier below this group

Lakers + Giants
03-27-2018, 03:51 AM
No love for Agent Zero?!

NYKalltheway
03-27-2018, 04:58 AM
Michael Jordan
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Larry Bird
Wilt Chamberlain
Dominique Wilkins. Or Shaquille O'Neal.

ewing
03-27-2018, 06:47 AM
Honestly not convinced, I think Dirk would tear it up in a spot like golden state. As the sole offensive fulcrum, gimme Dirk.

Nah lets blame RWB

MTA12
03-27-2018, 07:46 AM
I'm going to do mines by position as I think "scoring" prowess differentiates between each position.

PG- Allen Iverson Allen could run the 1 occasionally so I'm just going to put him here
Sg- Jordan
SF- Durant
PF-Dirk In terms of inside/outside scoring ability or ability to score from anywhere no Power forward had Dirks versatility
C- Kareem

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 10:11 AM

unless SJax is guarding him..

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 10:12 AM
Just to shout out guys not mentioned, Andrew toney seemed to have the entire arsenal and would be even deadlier today. I liked reggie Lewis back in the day too.

Not counting guys who only score in one way like shaq but i admit that's my subjective definition of this meaningless distinction

Bird or DJ (can't remember) commented that when Toney got it going, it was over.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 10:13 AM
I get some AI love, but I just can't list guys who literally just kept shooting till they hit 30.

ewing
03-27-2018, 10:28 AM
unless SJax is guarding him..

Jax could check a lot people

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Jax could check a lot people

he formed the blueprint to guard Dirk. Or at least best you can. Be big enough to bother, but quick enough to get inside his little footwork space he relies on.

Idk, for something like this, I have a hard time listing a guy who can't catch from 30 feet and break a defense down. Bigs generally don't fit the bill for "best scorers". if they did, McHale is the beginning and end here.

KnicksorBust
03-27-2018, 11:26 AM
he formed the blueprint to guard Dirk. Or at least best you can. Be big enough to bother, but quick enough to get inside his little footwork space he relies on.

Idk, for something like this, I have a hard time listing a guy who can't catch from 30 feet and break a defense down. Bigs generally don't fit the bill for "best scorers". if they did, McHale is the beginning and end here.

It's funny because my mind immediately went to Jordan and Durant so I think I kind of have the same mentality as you. But then if I listed 5 people and didn't put at least 2 out of Kareem/Wilt/Shaq on there I feel like it would blasphemous. :)

valade16
03-27-2018, 12:35 PM
Why does the best scorer have to be the most versatile? Shouldn't best scorer be the person who can most consistently score without being stopped?

ewing
03-27-2018, 12:49 PM

IDK, if I am capable of getting closer catch and shooting over someone without putting it on the deck should I be trying to break them down before getting to the same shot?

warfelg
03-27-2018, 01:25 PM
Why does the best scorer have to be the most versatile? Shouldn't best scorer be the person who can most consistently score without being stopped?

Pretty much what I think. I put it in my post. Scorer is a guy that can just get a shot off whenever he wants.

Shammyguy3
03-27-2018, 01:27 PM

Yup

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 01:39 PM
IDK, if I am capable of getting closer catch and shooting over someone without putting it on the deck should I be trying to break them down before getting to the same shot?

but the dribble drive is such an essential part of the game for a versed scorer. It's why I don't have Shaq on this list for example.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 01:40 PM

everyone has a different view on this. I think it's versatility, but yes, the end result is, who can score and not be stopped?

Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
Durant

no defense, has ever been able to figure out how to stop them, at any point in their career. So they are probably the answer.

valade16
03-27-2018, 02:03 PM
everyone has a different view on this. I think it's versatility, but yes, the end result is, who can score and not be stopped?

Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
Durant

no defense, has ever been able to figure out how to stop them, at any point in their career. So they are probably the answer.

I think versatility is good if it makes you a more unstoppable scorer, but to me that can't be the main metric to use because quite frankly, I'm a more versatile scorer than Shaq but in no way shape or form am I a better one so obviously simply being a versatile scorer isn't the end all be all lol.

ewing
03-27-2018, 02:16 PM
but the dribble drive is such an essential part of the game for a versed scorer. It's why I don't have Shaq on this list for example.

This started with a Dirk/KD comparison. I have seen KD in the half court get matched up with a guy he had over 1/2 a foot on and and look to get the catch 30 feet from the hole so he can try to break him down off the bounce. Dirk would get the same match up walk you down to his spot, catch it there, turn around and shoot it in your face. I find the later has a lot less risk and is a better decision. I didn't blame Russ saying i'm going to be the one breaking someone down one on one from 10 feet beyond the arc in those situations. Its about being able to get a good look. Most guys do need the bounce to get it but if you don't you shouldn't.

nastynice
03-27-2018, 02:30 PM
Jordan and kareem are locks. KD probably will be by the time he retires.

I'd also put kobe there. He's the most skilled offensive player I've seen.

MygirlhatesCod
03-27-2018, 04:05 PM
Jordan, KD, wilt, shaq, Curry/Dirk

ive always been a fan of glen rice's scoring ability. I feel like if he cared about his conditioning and work ethic he would have been a monster.

Chronz
03-27-2018, 04:28 PM

Tmac laid that blue print long before that

Chronz
03-27-2018, 04:36 PM
It depends. Some guys are finishers and when asked to create more for themselves and/or others, they can suffer in the unstoppability department. Amare with and without nash is prolly an extreme example of what I mean. Looking at his final year in Phoenix and first year in n.y when he had that early season MVP buzz (before dantoni ran him to the ground and melo destroyed his soul), which looked to be the better scorer.

I think of scoring in versatility terms and the guys who are most unstoppable as you put it, are the leagues best overall offensive players.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 04:53 PM
Tmac laid that blue print long before that

Did he? When was it?

Same recipe. Length to at least bother, quick enough to crowd.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 04:54 PM
I think versatility is good if it makes you a more unstoppable scorer, but to me that can't be the main metric to use because quite frankly, I'm a more versatile scorer than Shaq but in no way shape or form am I a better one so obviously simply being a versatile scorer isn't the end all be all lol.

no I get it. That would be the Melo versus LeBron scoring argument. Sure, Melo has every single trick in the book, but at the end of the day, LeBron's points come in a far more efficient way.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 04:55 PM
This started with a Dirk/KD comparison. I have seen KD in the half court get matched up with a guy he had over 1/2 a foot on and and look to get the catch 30 feet from the hole so he can try to break him down off the bounce. Dirk would get the same match up walk you down to his spot, catch it there, turn around and shoot it in your face. I find the later has a lot less risk and is a better decision.

that's a fair point.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 04:55 PM
Jordan, KD, wilt, shaq, Curry/Dirk

ive always been a fan of glen rice's scoring ability. I feel like if he cared about his conditioning and work ethic he would have been a monster.

I bring up Glen Rice all the time as an older player who would THRIVE today.

ThunderRoad75
03-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Jordan KD Gervin King Dantley

MygirlhatesCod
03-27-2018, 05:57 PM
I bring up Glen Rice all the time as an older player who would THRIVE today.

him and shareef would do very well today.

FlashBolt
03-27-2018, 06:02 PM
You can't argue that LeBron in 2017 is not one of the greatest scorers in the game. He's better than Melo has ever been. What moves can Melo do that LeBron really can't do? And LeBron does it efficiently. The guy has been hitting fadeaway shots, dream shakes, side steps. He's a complete offensive scorer right now.

ewing
03-27-2018, 07:09 PM
Did he? When was it?

I remember T Mac giving him fits one play off round in Houston but I don’t think you guys are giving him the credit he deserves for adapting. Dirk got stronger after that and started using that knee up fade away in the post. In was the blue print for a minute but then Dirk improved

WestCoastSportz
03-27-2018, 07:26 PM
1. Michael Jordan
I think he would be #1 on almost everyone's list.

2. Wilt Chamberlain
In his era, with his size and athleticism, he was as dominant of a scorer as they came.

3. Kobe Bryant
The Black Mamba was a stone cold killer when it came to putting the ball in the basket.

4. Kevin Durant
KD is great at every facet of the scoring the basketball. With his length, athleticism and guard like skills he can pretty much score on anyone who tries to guard him.

5. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
The sky-hook was unstoppable and he got it off any time he wanted. Might be one of the most unstoppable shots of all time.

YAALREADYKNO
03-28-2018, 12:09 PM
I remember T Mac giving him fits one play off round in Houston but I don’t think you guys are giving him the credit he deserves for adapting. Dirk got stronger after that and started using that knee up fade away in the post. In was the blue print for a minute but then Dirk improved

It was actually the kings who figured out the “put a smaller quicker but big enough to contest his shot” defender against Dirk when they used to put hedo turkoglu on him and it gave Dirk some problems in those series. Stephen Jackson, Don Nelson, and the warriors just took it up to another level

Hawkeye15
03-28-2018, 02:49 PM
him and shareef would do very well today.

Shareef is still playing, his name is Andrew Wiggins. Meaningless points abound!

Hawkeye15
03-28-2018, 02:50 PM

your mancrush on the german is showing.

Being 7' with a killer jumper and fade will make you good. Pretty simple.

ewing
03-28-2018, 03:34 PM
your mancrush on the german is showing.

Being 7' with a killer jumper and fade will make you good. Pretty simple.

He was a great offensive weapon

Hawkeye15
03-28-2018, 04:24 PM
He was a great offensive weapon

no doubt. Unstoppable if hitting too.

ewing
03-29-2018, 12:28 AM
Ok

Wilt (he scored a 100 points)
MJ
Bird
Kareem
Dirk

Switch
03-29-2018, 01:50 AM
When I think of scorer my mind immediately thinks of Jordan, Kobe, Tmac

Chronz
03-29-2018, 05:18 AM
Did he? When was it?

Agreed, here's Dirk on the matter
I think the toughest guys were the Shawn Marion body type," Nowitzki said. "Guys that are 6'8" or 6'9", strong enough to keep me a little bit out of the post so I can't just back them in under the hoop but long enough when I shoot my turnaround that they're still right there. Those skinnier guys that are faster than me but still long enough to contest my shots—those guys gave me the most problems."

Heres why tmac was first it came in the loffs

https://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/amp/Defense-in-T-Mac-s-repertoire-1931217.php

McGrady has asked to be, and assumed the role of, designated stopper against the Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki
, throwing himself into the role with the same enthusiasm usually reserved for highlight-reel dunks.
"I wanted to take on that challenge of guarding Dirk," said McGrady as he prepared for tonight's Game 6 at Toyota Center. "I just felt like that's what's best for this team, being the best defensive player for this team. I wanted to try and take the opposing (top scorer), just making his job tough.

"And that's what I've been doing, trying to make everything difficult for him. And I also have to score on my end as well. That's my job."

So far it has worked.

http://www.espn.com/nba/playoffs2005/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=2045707

"I'm sure if Dirk gets it going, Tracy will be on him in a matter of seconds."

Which means that McGrady, who volunteered beforehand that he was willing to deal with Dirk for 40 minutes a game if necessary, might actually be forced to do so sometime soon. With Juwan Howard lost for the season to a viral infection, Jeff Van Gundy doesn't have any other sensible Dirk options.

Nowitzki, as a result, knows he'll have to do some playmaking to compensate. Look for him to attack Bowen and McGrady more aggressively in the post, either as a shooter or a passer. Nowitzki can't stagnate or settle for jumpers like he did in Game 1; McGrady wasn't tagged with his first personal foul until the fourth quarter.

"I wasn't helping the cause," Nowitzki said, blaming himself for a Dallas defeat that, in truth, had numerous culprits.

"But I don't think I'm going to have two games like that in a row."

That's the Rockets' feeling, too. Bowen made it clear that the only promise he received from Van Gundy is that "I would be the Game 1 starter." Translation: Houston fully expects Nowitzki to solve Bowen [and quickly] to heap even more on McGrady.

"Other than Shaq," Van Gundy said, "I don't know if there's one player [in the league] who distorts your defense like [Nowitzki] does."

The good news for the Rockets? McGrady is ready. "He told Jeff that he wanted to guard Nowitzki," Barry reminds. And Van Gundy stressed to his postgame audience that we have no idea how hard McGrady is working behind closed doors to make the transition "from being a great player to a great winner."

"I read a lot about MVP and I read a lot about All-NBA and I would put him up there with anybody you want to talk about for the impact he's had on our team," Van Gundy said.

Then, recalling a young T-Mac's fine defense on Allan Houston in a Toronto-New York series from years ago, Van Gundy added: "McGrady can be anything he wants to defensively. Anything he wants."

McGrady then volleyed back the praise. "He's made me into a complete player," T-Mac said.

https://www.si.com/nba/2016/03/10/dirk-nowitzki-dallas-mavericks-steve-nash-jason-terry

Clarence Weatherspoon, who had been the starting power forward, could barely tiptoe into Nowitzki's line of sight. Van Gundy opted instead to have his lankiest wings guard Dirk in a deliberate mismatch. Ryan Bowen (and later Tracy McGrady) did everything he could to disrupt the balance and timing of Nowitzki's face-up game while Yao Ming lurked in the paint.

"They didn't let me sit there and watch and face up, giving me time," Nowitzki said. "[Houston] had a smaller guy basically trying to keep me uncomfortable. They were always stabbing [at the ball] or getting under me. That was new."

Nowitzki found his bearings against Bowen in Game 3 and had played him out of the starting lineup by Game 4. McGrady, however, had continued success pressuring Nowitzki by invading his personal space. The Dirk of those days wasn't a particularly experienced back-to-the-basket player, which made it all the more difficult to shield the ball from McGrady while still working toward an efficient shot. Houston took advantage to what extent it could, though Nowitzki found ways to chip in points and set up his teammates while influencing plays with his very presence.

Chronz
03-29-2018, 05:27 AM
The part where Dirk says that was new is what I'm trying to highlight

Chronz
03-29-2018, 05:29 AM

Several minutes

Chronz
03-29-2018, 05:30 AM
It was actually the kings who figured out the “put a smaller quicker but big enough to contest his shot” defender against Dirk when they used to put hedo turkoglu on him and it gave Dirk some problems in those series. Stephen Jackson, Don Nelson, and the warriors just took it up to another level
Hedo was slow

Kings were trash defensively outside one year

YAALREADYKNO
03-29-2018, 01:09 PM
Hedo was slow

Kings were trash defensively outside one year

Not saying hedo or the kings were the 04 pistons defensively. Just saying when the kings did that it gave Dirk some problems

valade16
03-29-2018, 01:21 PM
I do wonder if we're short changing Kobe by not including him as a lock for the top 5.

I get all the complaints about him, but the one thing he could do was score.

From 2005-2009 he averaged 30 PPG including a season of averaging 35 PPG and scoring 81 points in a single game.

Not to mention during that time his TS% was .568. So he was actually a fairly efficient scorer who scored a ton and was truly unstoppable when he got going.

ewing
03-29-2018, 01:26 PM
I do wonder if we're short changing Kobe by not including him as a lock for the top 5.

I get all the complaints about him, but the one thing he could do was score.

From 2005-2009 he averaged 30 PPG including a season of averaging 35 PPG and scoring 81 points in a single game.

Not to mention during that time his TS% was .568. So he was actually a fairly efficient scorer who scored a ton and was truly unstoppable when he got going.

He's my 6th man. I prefer Dirk as a guy to play through and feel MJ, Wilt, Kareen, and Bird have to be locks

valade16
03-29-2018, 01:37 PM
He's my 6th man. I prefer Dirk as a guy to play through and feel MJ, Wilt, Kareen, and Bird have to be locks

It's so tough.

Curry
MJ
Kobe
Bird
KD
Shaq
Wilt
Kareem

I feel like they all should be Top 5 lol so someone deserving will get left out. I'm pretty close to a Top 10 at that point so I'd probably add Dirk and need 1 more for 10.

I also wonder why no one includes Hakeem despite the near universal opinion he had the best repertoire of scoring moves in the post. He's also 9th all-time in career playoff PPG and he averaged 30 PPG in the playoffs at his peak.

I think he deserves more consideration than he's getting.

Chronz
03-29-2018, 01:37 PM
Kobe's a better scorer than wilt and kai

Redrum187
03-29-2018, 07:03 PM
Dirk took a big dump on the "blue prints" after the 2007 playoffs when he developed his one-leg fade away shot. Smaller defenders stopped being as effective. NBA logo should be Dirk's one legged fade away jumper. Now, all the kids are trying to do it.

nastynice
03-29-2018, 07:21 PM
Kobe's a better scorer than wilt and kai

WHat makes you say Kobe’s better than Kareem?

ewing
03-29-2018, 07:34 PM
Dirk took a big dump on the "blue prints" after the 2007 playoffs when he developed his one-leg fade away shot. Smaller defenders stopped being as effective. NBA logo should be Dirk's one legged fade away jumper. Now, all the kids are trying to do it.

Thread

valade16
03-29-2018, 07:56 PM
Just for some perspective I took the top scoring years from the general guys being talked about according to Points Per 100 Possessions:

MJ 87 - 46.4 per100 | .562 TS%
Kobe 06 - 45.6 per100 | .559 TS%
MJ 88 - 43.6 per100 | .603 TS%
Harden 18 - 42.6 per100 | .619 TS%
Steph 16 - 42.5 per100 | .669 TS%
Ice Man 82 - 42.4 per100 | .562 TS%
T-Mac 03 - 42.0 per100 | .562 TS%
KD 14 - 41.8 per100 | .635 TS%
Bron 09 - 40.8 per100 | .591 TS%
Shaq 98 - 40.1 per100 | .587 TS%
AI 06 - 39.7 per100 | .543 TS%
Hakeem - 38.2 per100 | .563 TS% (94-95 playoffs)
Dirk 06 - 38.1 per100 | .589 TS%
Bird 88 - 37.6 per 100 | .608 TS%

Of course there's a lot of statistical anomalies so I think it would have been better to do their peak Per100/TS%, because MJ's 2nd best year Per100 has a vastly higher TS% (.562 to .603); Kobe's 2nd best Per100 is less than 40 I believe, Harden and Gervin's 2nd best are 38, T-Mac's is 39, and AI's not nearly that efficient in his other years.

Still, an interesting list.

look! big kids
04-03-2018, 03:45 PM
Seems the status quo is to privilege "peak/streak" scorers and versatility. That's fine, but I'd rather think of this as players whom I can count on to make the scoreboard tick up most times more efficiently than the opposing team.

By that token, I can't find any reason not to include Lebron -- but I can't judge outside of my era.

Harden is ridiculous, Curry is unprecedented, and Durant is the definition of the above. The only reservation with Harden is baiting foul calls, which admittedly seems like "non-basketball" scoring. Shaq's got a big foot in the door too.

Shammyguy3
04-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Seems the status quo is to privilege "peak/streak" scorers and versatility. That's fine, but I'd rather think of this as players whom I can count on to make the scoreboard tick up most times more efficiently than the opposing team.

By that token, I can't find any reason not to include Lebron -- but I can't judge outside of my era.

Harden is ridiculous, Curry is unprecedented, and Durant is the definition of the above. The only reservation with Harden is baiting foul calls, which admittedly seems like "non-basketball" scoring. Shaq's got a big foot in the door too.

How are any of the players getting mentioned streaky scorers

basketfan4life
04-06-2018, 07:08 AM
1- MJ
2-Kobe
3-MJ
4-LeBron
5-Kobe

ball4reel
04-06-2018, 08:18 AM
MJ
Wilt