PDA

View Full Version : G League Player Dies After Collapsing on Court

Jeffy25
03-26-2018, 02:12 PM
https://247sports.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/Bolt/Zeke-Upshaw-collapses-on-the-court-during-a-G-League-game-116665196

26 years old

IndyRealist
03-26-2018, 02:21 PM
Think I read it was cardiac arrest. That's what could have happened to Isaiah Austin.

warfelg
03-26-2018, 02:42 PM
Was watching the game when it happened. Scary. Very scary. People just froze not knowing what to do.

Scoots
03-26-2018, 04:52 PM
Was watching the game when it happened. Scary. Very scary. People just froze not knowing what to do.

I watch some g-league games ... but why did you happen to be watching that game when we are coming to the end of the NBA season and in the later stages of the NCAA. Are you that much of a bball junky?

Tragic that it happened, I've seen teammates loaded into ambulances but never had one die right there, and inexcusable that the response was slow. I've seen players go down bad and play continue for a while which I also think is wrong, but if someone is out then the rules be damned, MOVE!

warfelg
03-26-2018, 05:28 PM
I watch some g-league games ... but why did you happen to be watching that game when we are coming to the end of the NBA season and in the later stages of the NCAA. Are you that much of a bball junky?

Tragic that it happened, I've seen teammates loaded into ambulances but never had one die right there, and inexcusable that the response was slow. I've seen players go down bad and play continue for a while which I also think is wrong, but if someone is out then the rules be damned, MOVE!

No. Game was on Twitter live, just happened to be up when I was checking Twitter.

IndyRealist
03-26-2018, 06:02 PM

Yeah he was flat on the ground motionless while the play was still going. Someone should have been on the floor even if it meant a technical.

I blame flopping.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-26-2018, 08:36 PM
Bosh's chances, however small it was, just went back to 0.

AllBall
03-27-2018, 03:34 PM
Bosh's chances, however small it was, just went back to 0.

Bosh was first thing I thought of. This is exactly what the NBA is trying to avoid happening on national TV.

RIP Zeke Upshaw :(