PDA

View Full Version : Time to Eat some Crow (2018) Edition

Cal827
03-25-2018, 10:55 AM
Hey fellow members,

I remember that last year, someone made a thread titled "Eat Crow" to note some of the things they thought would happen but ended up being way off. With this season near it's close, I thought it would be funny to see how off some people were on their predictions (This could probably come up towards the end of the playoffs too :laugh2: )

I'll start off with what I was way off on:

- I thought the Cleveland-Boston trade was a steal for the Cavs. I thought there wasn't much difference between Thomas and Irving, and Cleveland getting the Nets pick (which at that time I would definitely be a top 3) was just gravy.

- I also thought that Irving wouldn't be able to lead a team himself. As we've seen, I was way off on that :laugh2:

- I thought that the Raptors would win 50 games at most. I felt the Eastern Conference was going to take a huge stride and I saw teams like Washington, Milwaukee and Miami (after their 2nd half last season) would likely challenge or leapfrog them.

- Thought the Thunder would be the 2 seed out West with Westbrook/George/Anthony. In saying that, I didn't expect Houston to be as good as they were, mainly b/c I didn't see Paul and Harden being able to appropriately adjust their games.es

- Thought the Bucks would've been a top 3 seed in the East

Anyways, what predictions have you guys made that ended up being way off?

GiantsSwaGG
03-25-2018, 11:20 AM
I thought Mike James would make a come back at some point this season

Heediot
03-25-2018, 11:25 AM
I thought Jokic would become a top 10 guy.

I thought the Hornets would challenge for a mid playoff seed.

I thought OKC would be a bit better, but I'll take a wait and see after the playoffs.

IndyRealist
03-25-2018, 11:35 AM
Not really into predictions, but I thought the Pacers would be about 32 wins.

Heediot
03-25-2018, 12:00 PM

I thought the Pacers would be struggling too.

More-Than-Most
03-25-2018, 12:27 PM
Hey fellow members,

I remember that last year, someone made a thread titled "Eat Crow" to note some of the things they thought would happen but ended up being way off. With this season near it's close, I thought it would be funny to see how off some people were on their predictions (This could probably come up towards the end of the playoffs too :laugh2: )

I'll start off with what I was way off on:

- I thought the Cleveland-Boston trade was a steal for the Cavs. I thought there wasn't much difference between Thomas and Irving, and Cleveland getting the Nets pick (which at that time I would definitely be a top 3) was just gravy.

- I also thought that Irving wouldn't be able to lead a team himself. As we've seen, I was way off on that :laugh2:

- I thought that the Raptors would win 50 games at most. I felt the Eastern Conference was going to take a huge stride and I saw teams like Washington, Milwaukee and Miami (after their 2nd half last season) would likely challenge or leapfrog them.

- Thought the Thunder would be the 2 seed out West with Westbrook/George/Anthony. In saying that, I didn't expect Houston to be as good as they were, mainly b/c I didn't see Paul and Harden being able to appropriately adjust their games.es

- Thought the Bucks would've been a top 3 seed in the East

Anyways, what predictions have you guys made that ended up being way off?

:laugh:

anyway the only thing I was wrong about were the celtics trade... I was quite literally correct about everything else : )

also I still think that celtics trade is gonna be pro cavs

I had the sixers between 45-50 wins and embiid over 60 games : )

tredigs
03-25-2018, 12:28 PM

A couple notes about the Pacers is that they are 10-1 in 3pt games and only have a +1.5 win differential (granted, that's better than Cleveland). They're playing well and overachieving everyone's expectations, but the record is a little flukey.

I was wrong on Milwaukee. I thought they would push for 50 wins this year.

Giannis94
03-25-2018, 01:01 PM
I said I was gonna watch more nba games this year. I broke that when I realized that this league is filled of ******* that complain about every single damn call after watching Harden and LeGm on back to back nights..

More-Than-Most
03-25-2018, 01:20 PM
I said I was gonna watch more nba games this year. I broke that when I realized that this league is filled of ******* that complain about every single damn call after watching Harden and LeGm on back to back nights..

what else were you wrong about good buddy????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

Giannis94
03-25-2018, 02:34 PM
what else were you wrong about good buddy????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

I didn't think embi could stay somewhat healthy for a full season. So I'll eat that one. But he still needs to prove that he can be consistently healthy to equal the games he missed. So let's talk in a few years and l'll evaluate JoAl Jefferson Oden Embi then.

I said Giannis is the best player in the league. That's still true.

Go look at all my posts (which I know you probably will as psd is your life) and you will see very few quantifiable things that you can get me on. So am I wrong? Nope. It's Just how i roll.

On the other hand, psd ****ing sucks and everything is broken so you probably can't. Site had gone so far downhill. They don't give a **** anymore.

valade16
03-25-2018, 02:46 PM
I didn't think embi could stay somewhat healthy for a full season. So I'll eat that one. But he still needs to prove that he can be consistently healthy to equal the games he missed. So let's talk in a few years and l'll evaluate JoAl Jefferson Oden Embi then.

I said Giannis is the best player in the league. That's still true.

Go look at all my posts (which I know you probably will as psd is your life) and you will see very few quantifiable things that you can get me on. So am I wrong? Nope. It's Just how i roll.

On the other hand, psd ****ing sucks and everything is broken so you probably can't. Site had gone so far downhill. They don't give a **** anymore.

You can't very well brag about not being wrong on anything and then say something demonstrably wrong in the very post saying you didn't say anything that was incorrect. lol

Raps18-19 Champ
03-25-2018, 02:55 PM
Thought the Pacers would be garbage.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-25-2018, 02:58 PM
This guy is the worst poster. Bring back jtrinaldi.

MTA12
03-25-2018, 06:11 PM
I didn't really make any predictions but I'll say some things that surprised me.
-I did not think the Cp3-Harden tandem would work at all let alone this well.
-I thought the Thunder would be challenging GS for the 1 spot in the West.
-No one saw Donovan Mitchell coming so I don't feel bad for that one.
-Didn't expect the 6ers to do this well.
-Thought Lonzo would be ROTY :pity:

JasonJohnHorn
03-25-2018, 07:54 PM
The Rockets and the Thunder were the teams I had the strongest opinions about.

I was concerned about clashes between CP3's defensive approach and 'Antoni and Hardens lack thereof. I thought that might be a major hitch, but they've worked out a beautiful offense (I was far less doubtful about chemistry on that end), and played at a much higher level than I'd imagine.

The Thunder are about where I'd expect them to be. A healthy Spurs team would have put them outside of the top four (which the Thundr may still end being), and in a position to be eliminated in the first round. They beat up on sub-500 teams, but struggle with playoff teams, and there simply aren't enough ball to go around.

PG and Adams, I feel, have really made things works fairly well there, and MElo being willing to take a back seat helps. Lat year they finished with about 47 wins; I expected no improvement there, and it looks like I'm about right.

The Cavs/Celtics was another coin toss. I thought that the pieces the Cavs picked up would work. I felt like Crowder would be a big lift for them and offset whatever they lost with IT. That was wrong.

I still don't like Kyrie as a leader, but the Celtics already had a great teama and a great coach, so I expected Boston to do well, though Kyrie has done better than I expected. As has the team with Hayward out.

Firefistus
03-26-2018, 12:35 PM
I thought the Lakers fans were going to crown LeVar Ball the best player to ever play a Lakers jersey whether he's good or not. I'm skeptical on being wrong on that.

ewing
03-26-2018, 01:02 PM
Thought IT was going to take over Lillard crown was the most underrated player coming into the season every year around here. I was wrong. IT has had a rough year and Dam continues to show he is the man

WaDe03
03-26-2018, 01:34 PM
I've never been wrong.

Vee-Rex
03-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Fairly sure I was wrong about some seeding stuff as well as underestimating certain teams.

I expect this thread to be 325408243 pages long at the end of the season. Lots of nasty takes were thrown around this year and you fellas are gonna have some crow to eat.

kobe4thewinbang
03-27-2018, 12:02 AM
I don't recall what I said in like a season prediction thread and it would take too long to find, if it still exists, so...

SURPRISES
-The Pacers being so good. Thought they'd linger around the 9-12 area.

-The Blazers coming alive! Wow...thought they were going to blow it up, trade CJ, but they've done well.

-The Grizzlies falling into a black hole. I never thought they would be the worst team in the west, any season. Marc Gasol is probably furious. Firing the coach did not work. They're gonna need to do A LOT to be relevant again. That, and they are so clearly tanking, punctuated by a 60pt thrashing. The league needs to fine them.

-Joel Embiid looking straight out of the 80s with a 3PTer up his sleeve. I really dig his skills. I don't remember people saying he would be this good, that he showed potential on offense and got blocks here and there. That, and his health. He's earning that contract so far, no doubt. I can't wait to see him in the playoffs!

-The Raptors on top of the east again.

-All those trades the Cavaliers made, including Lakers being involved

-Lonzo Ball sucking mostly. Dude is so timid. How you gonna play 37 minutes and have 4 points on 2 shots? I'm starting to question his alpha mentality as a leader. He's had a few games where he looks like a different player out there. Knee problem is also very troubling.

-Kuzma being a stud. He did kill it in SL, but everybody's always like "It's SL, though!" but look at him now.

-LeBron's terrific season. He's playing fantastically!

-Westbrook failing to make the OKC project work so far. Thought he'd do better, being last MVP and all.

-Harden & the Rockets killing it.

-Warriors injury woes. I'm seriously afraid now it may doom them this season.

-The Magic still being horrible, thought they'd improve with Vogel and Gordon's rise.

-Kyrie Irving being a stud with the Celtics, for the most part. Too bad Hayward is hurt. Tatum has been a solid rookie.

-The Spurs struggling due to injury, especially the KAWHI LEONARD mystery

-Lamarcus Aldridge beasting most nights. If not for him, they'd definitely be out of playoff contention.

-Pelicans playing strong with twin towers, and Rondo playing strong, them surviving the Cousins loss.

-The Lakers likely missing the playoffs. I thought they would do it with Lonzo at the helm. Seriously in doubt now if this is going to work out. Hoping Lonzo has a better 2nd year. They lost so many games early this season, had a nice run. Losing pretty bad again now.

Alayla
03-27-2018, 05:40 AM
I don't recall what I said in like a season prediction thread and it would take too long to find, if it still exists, so...

SURPRISES
-The Pacers being so good. Thought they'd linger around the 9-12 area.

-The Blazers coming alive! Wow...thought they were going to blow it up, trade CJ, but they've done well.

-The Grizzlies falling into a black hole. I never thought they would be the worst team in the west, any season. Marc Gasol is probably furious. Firing the coach did not work. They're gonna need to do A LOT to be relevant again. That, and they are so clearly tanking, punctuated by a 60pt thrashing. The league needs to fine them.

-Joel Embiid looking straight out of the 80s with a 3PTer up his sleeve. I really dig his skills. I don't remember people saying he would be this good, that he showed potential on offense and got blocks here and there. That, and his health. He's earning that contract so far, no doubt. I can't wait to see him in the playoffs!

-The Raptors on top of the east again.

-All those trades the Cavaliers made, including Lakers being involved

-Lonzo Ball sucking mostly. Dude is so timid. How you gonna play 37 minutes and have 4 points on 2 shots? I'm starting to question his alpha mentality as a leader. He's had a few games where he looks like a different player out there. Knee problem is also very troubling.

-Kuzma being a stud. He did kill it in SL, but everybody's always like "It's SL, though!" but look at him now.

-LeBron's terrific season. He's playing fantastically!

-Westbrook failing to make the OKC project work so far. Thought he'd do better, being last MVP and all.

-Harden & the Rockets killing it.

-Warriors injury woes. I'm seriously afraid now it may doom them this season.

-The Magic still being horrible, thought they'd improve with Vogel and Gordon's rise.

-Kyrie Irving being a stud with the Celtics, for the most part. Too bad Hayward is hurt. Tatum has been a solid rookie.

-The Spurs struggling due to injury, especially the KAWHI LEONARD mystery

-Lamarcus Aldridge beasting most nights. If not for him, they'd definitely be out of playoff contention.

-Pelicans playing strong with twin towers, and Rondo playing strong, them surviving the Cousins loss.

-The Lakers likely missing the playoffs. I thought they would do it with Lonzo at the helm. Seriously in doubt now if this is going to work out. Hoping Lonzo has a better 2nd year. They lost so many games early this season, had a nice run. Losing pretty bad again now.

he was often projected as the next hakeem people where just to busy calling him a bust to remmber that.

MTA12
03-27-2018, 07:40 AM
he was often projected as the next hakeem people where just to busy calling him a bust to remmber that.
The 6ers are surprisingly great at fostering young talent. I did not expect their projects to turn out so good. Now lets see what they do with Fultz.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 10:09 AM
I was wrong, in that I thought making a move now to make the playoffs was the right thing to do for my Wolves.

warfelg
03-27-2018, 10:38 AM
I was wrong, in that I thought making a move now to make the playoffs was the right thing to do for my Wolves.

I dunno. I still don’t think it was the wrong more to get Butler. I would contest the issue is more the coach. Getting a starting defensive center might help too IMO.

Teague
Wiggins
Butler
KAT
Def C

Is a little better than
Teague
Wiggins
Butler
Gibson
KAT

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 10:47 AM
I dunno. I still don’t think it was the wrong more to get Butler. I would contest the issue is more the coach. Getting a starting defensive center might help too IMO.

Teague
Wiggins
Butler
KAT
Def C

Is a little better than
Teague
Wiggins
Butler
Gibson
KAT

I am not against the Butler move, I guess I am against the fact that we have cashed in most the chips and paid at this point. I don't see much room for improvement on this Wolves squad.

Vinylman
03-27-2018, 10:53 AM
I am not against the Butler move, I guess I am against the fact that we have cashed in most the chips and paid at this point. I don't see much room for improvement on this Wolves squad.

that is the mistake I am hoping the Lakers avoid...

tying up a bunch of money in lower level FA's and a guy like Randle is my worse nightmare

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 10:54 AM
that is the mistake I am hoping the Lakers avoid...

tying up a bunch of money in lower level FA's and a guy like Randle is my worse nightmare

yeah we tossed the farm at Wiggins, who ****ing sucks, and I have been crying about it for 2 years. Even Towns seems like he has an uphill battle to ever be a competent defender. And then we have zip bench, don't use it anyways, and just locked up Jeff "softy" Teague for 80 years.

We are ****ed. Wolves fans can welcome back the 1st round exits soon enough though, yippee!

warfelg
03-27-2018, 10:55 AM
yeah we tossed the farm at Wiggins, who ****ing sucks, and I have been crying about it for 2 years. Even Towns seems like he has an uphill battle to ever be a competent defender. And then we have zip bench, don't use it anyways, and just locked up Jeff "softy" Teague for 80 years.

We are ****ed. Wolves fans can welcome back the 1st round exits soon enough though, yippee!

I think Gibson was the bigger mistake to be honest. But IIRC him and Crawford weren’t that big of investments right?

IndyRealist
03-27-2018, 11:03 AM
The Wolves problem is Wiggins. He doesn't play winning basketball and ties up a third of your payroll. He -might- improve during this contract, but he'll never be worth what they're paying.

Everything else I feel is fine. Gibson is fine next to KAT, even Teague is ok though overpaid. But Wiggins doesn't produce and keeps them from filling out their bench with his salary.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 11:19 AM
I think Gibson was the bigger mistake to be honest. But IIRC him and Crawford weren’t that big of investments right?

Gibson isn't the problem, his deal is short, and he is actually a good player. Not what he was defensively, but I don't think the "Ice" defense is applicable today. Not with our parts at least.

Wiggins, is the problem. Not only did we pay him to be a star, but we still feel he has the potential to be. Furthermore, the team continues to put him in a future star position. He shouldn't be playing the minutes he plays, or have the role he has. His deal, when you add it to what Towns will make, what Teague makes, and what Butler will make, is just a killer. Total killer.

We would have been better trading him for a protected 1st, or just letting him walk honestly.

Vee-Rex
03-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Gibson isn't the problem, his deal is short, and he is actually a good player. Not what he was defensively, but I don't think the "Ice" defense is applicable today. Not with our parts at least.

Wiggins, is the problem. Not only did we pay him to be a star, but we still feel he has the potential to be. Furthermore, the team continues to put him in a future star position. He shouldn't be playing the minutes he plays, or have the role he has. His deal, when you add it to what Towns will make, what Teague makes, and what Butler will make, is just a killer. Total killer.

We would have been better trading him for a protected 1st, or just letting him walk honestly.

If Toronto fails to reach the ECF, you might be able to get them to bite on bringing their Canadian home. Maybe a 1st (won't be a good one) + a young guy like FVV would do it. Might have to take Ibaka along with it to make the contracts work.

IndyRealist
03-27-2018, 11:47 AM
If Toronto fails to reach the ECF, you might be able to get them to bite on bringing their Canadian home. Maybe a 1st (won't be a good one) + a young guy like FVV would do it. Might have to take Ibaka along with it to make the contracts work.

There are probably a dozen teams that would bite on Wiggins. He's young, still has "potential", and scores a lot of trash points. Teams will even convince themselves having him locked into a long contract is a good thing. I could easily see him going for a starter and two weak firsts or a lottery pick.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 12:25 PM
yeah, like I said, our stupid management believes he will be a star (or at least they deserve an Academy Award for their performance), so I doubt they pull the trigger on a trade. But Wiggins clearly isn't going to justify his salary at any point in his career, so shipping him off now is ideal.

Vinylman
03-27-2018, 12:25 PM

yeah... his rep as an unmotivated guy was spot on.

I also thought he would change but honestly if you stat stuff you will get paid by some marginal GM because they can't explain the hollow nature of the stats (see the Lakers Randle) to the fanbase

Anyway, I think unloading him is going to be a lot harder than people think and the return will be nothing

Vinylman
03-27-2018, 12:26 PM
There are probably a dozen teams that would bite on Wiggins. He's young, still has "potential", and scores a lot of trash points. Teams will even convince themselves having him locked into a long contract is a good thing. I could easily see him going for a starter and two weak firsts or a lottery pick.

did billy king resurface somewhere?

Vinylman
03-27-2018, 12:29 PM
yeah, like I said, our stupid management believes he will be a star (or at least they deserve an Academy Award for their performance), so I doubt they pull the trigger on a trade. But Wiggins clearly isn't going to justify his salary at any point in his career, so shipping him off now is ideal.

what is frustrating is these guys that come off rookie deals and are the best in a given class have come to expect the max... Honestly, there are very few that I wouldn't let go straight to RFA since the last CBA

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 12:29 PM

dude, when Joe Johnson was traded to the nets, I realized anything was possible when it came to trading useless players.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 12:31 PM
yeah... his rep as an unmotivated guy was spot on.

I also thought he would change but honestly if you stat stuff you will get paid by some marginal GM because they can't explain the hollow nature of the stats (see the Lakers Randle) to the fanbase

Anyway, I think unloading him is going to be a lot harder than people think and the return will be nothing

yep and yep. I have been screaming at the top of my lungs for over 2 years, that our idiot franchise would max him cause "20 a game!", while completely ignoring that someone needs to score on a terrible team, and the fact that he literally does nothing but score 20 inefficient points, and got paid, is maddening. I mean, volume scoring is THE most replaceable skill in the entire NBA.

Yeah, we need to unload him as fast as possible. Every second he gets older, and his value drops.

IndyRealist
03-27-2018, 12:53 PM

Just spitballing.

Kris Middleton and a pick.
Nic Batum and a pick.
Courtney Lee, Kyle O'Quinn and a pick.
Elfrid Payton, Bismack Biyombo, and a pick.
Tj Warren, Alex Len, and a pick.
Al-farouq Aminu, Ed Davis, and a pick.
Bogdan Bogdanovic and a pick.
Danny Green and Rudy Gay, and a pick.
Derrick Favors and a pick.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 01:37 PM
Just spitballing.

Nic Batum and a pick.

I can't accept that, because Pops would turn Wiggins into a productive player and my confidence in my squad would hit an all time low

IndyRealist
03-27-2018, 01:48 PM
I can't accept that, because Pops would turn Wiggins into a productive player and my confidence in my squad would hit an all time low

As long as you're rejecting it "for basketball reasons".

warfelg
03-27-2018, 01:54 PM
Just spitballing.

Nic Batum and a pick.

Magic traded Payton, I think Len is a FA.

IKnowHoops
03-27-2018, 01:57 PM
Just spitballing.

Nic Batum and a pick.

I think MN fans would do Favors and a pick. Not sure about the rest.

valade16
03-27-2018, 02:07 PM
I doubt Milwaukee trades Middleton for Wiggins, let alone with a pick included.

IKnowHoops
03-27-2018, 02:14 PM

MN wouldn’t trade straight up for midd either

mightybosstone
03-27-2018, 02:18 PM
I'm happy to prepare some plates for all the PSD posters who claimed the Harden/Paul duo would never work.

As for me, I was definitely off on the Kyrie/Thomas trade and thought the Celtics were likely in big trouble after the Hayward injury. I also never thought Toronto would be this good in a million years and overrated the Thunder a bit at the start of the season. I can't say I was wildly off on anything else, although I honestly thought the Pistons would be a lot better after the Blake Griffin acquisition. And—like pretty much every other NBA fan—I definitely didn't see the Oladipo resurgence or Indiana being a top 5 team in the East.

valade16
03-27-2018, 02:20 PM
I'm happy to prepare some plates for all the PSD posters who claimed the Harden/Paul duo would never work.

As for me, I was definitely off on the Kyrie/Thomas trade and thought the Celtics were likely in big trouble after the Hayward injury. I also never thought Toronto would be this good in a million years and overrated the Thunder a bit at the start of the season. I can't say I was wildly off on anything else, although I honestly thought the Pistons would be a lot better after the Blake Griffin acquisition. And—like pretty much every other NBA fan—I definitely didn't see the Oladipo resurgence or Indiana being a top 5 team in the East.

I remember that lol. How ridiculous does that look in hindsight?

warfelg
03-27-2018, 02:28 PM

That plate comes with a big ole helping of “CP3 and Pringles will clash because CP3 doesn’t take 3’s”

I remember saying it would work and CP3 lives in the midrange because of Blake/Jordan’s limited range along with Docs offense.

mightybosstone
03-27-2018, 02:29 PM
I remember that lol. How ridiculous does that look in hindsight?

Well, I still want to see them make a legitimate postseason run before I get too excited, but even those of us who were optimistic about the pairing (myself included) drastically underrated how good this team would be. I remember hearing Kevin O'Connor drooling over the Rockets this preseason on a Ringer podcast and claiming they would easily top 60 wins and thinking "I'm excited about this, but I'm not nearly that optimistic." He's probably the only analyst before the season who predicted just how prolific this team was going to be.

ewing
03-27-2018, 02:32 PM
Well, I still want to see them make a legitimate postseason run before I get too excited, but even those of us who were optimistic about the pairing (myself included) drastically underrated how good this team would be. I remember hearing Kevin O'Connor drooling over the Rockets this preseason on a Ringer podcast and claiming they would easily top 60 wins and thinking "I'm excited about this, but I'm not nearly that optimistic." He's probably the only analyst before the season who predicted just how prolific this team was going to be.

someone should bump the CP3 Harden threads we had. I know I was on board with them being good but I don't how good i thought they would be

Vee-Rex
03-27-2018, 02:39 PM

:laugh:

I remember all of that. I briefly hopped in to argue that I don't see how they will have an issue and would be CLEARLY better. But people were ready to argue to their graves that Harden and CP3 wouldn't fit.

WHERE ARE THOSE PEOPLE NOW HUH??? NOWHERE! That's right, lick your wounds, you morons.

IndyRealist
03-27-2018, 02:55 PM

This list was literally 5 minutes in the making, just quickly scanning down rosters. The point is there are deals out there for serviceable starters and picks. It all depends on how MN feels about Wiggins, and how the trade partner does. Also note the less desirable players are coming with a lottery pick.

IndyRealist
03-27-2018, 02:57 PM

Really? Because the talk around here has been that Giannis doesn't have enough help, especially offensively. That's ripe for a team to take a gamble on a former #1 pick who is offensively oriented.

IndyRealist
03-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Magic traded Payton, I think Len is a FA.

Where did Payton go?

warfelg
03-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Where did Payton go?

Phoenix. Been there since the deadline.

Cal827
03-27-2018, 04:28 PM

Can I get Fries as a side :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 04:50 PM

I figured the Rockets would be good, but didn't think their win total would be much different than last year. Goes to show you what a ridiculous offense can do in the regular season.

I still have my reservations come deep in the playoffs, but that is for varying reasons. But they are way better than I thought they would be.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 04:51 PM
As long as you're rejecting it "for basketball reasons".

no I'm rejecting it for piece of mind

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 04:52 PM

I would do most of them. Wiggins needs to be gone. His value drops by the game, and his salary rises at the same time.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2018, 04:52 PM
MN wouldn’t trade straight up for midd either

sadly, you are right, and that is why MN management is a joke.

mrblisterdundee
03-27-2018, 06:38 PM
I thought the Pacers would be struggling too.

We're all eating some Indiana crow.

IKnowHoops
03-27-2018, 06:57 PM
I would do most of them. Wiggins needs to be gone. His value drops by the game, and his salary rises at the same time.

Can’t wait for the day you don’t feel this way anymore

cmellofan15
03-27-2018, 11:58 PM
Philly is really good and I was completely anti process to start the year. Thought all of the rivalry between sixers fans and bucks fans was stupid because of how bad philly was last year...but they are clearly the better team now and going forward

Vinylman
03-28-2018, 09:23 AM
Just spitballing.

Nic Batum and a pick.

you originally said a starter and 2 firsts (or 1 lottery)

those deals are a far cry from what you first posted...

I also didn't say he couldn't be traded just that it will be harder because of the size of his cap number

btw... I think most of those could get done

Hawkeye15
03-28-2018, 09:27 AM

I also didn't say he couldn't be traded just that it will be harder because of the size of his cap number

my only hope is that we know at least 1/3rd of the GM's around the league are idiots, so maybe his age will sucker someone into tossing assets.

In reality, it doesn't matter. The Wolves are seemingly in love with Wiggins, and I have zero idea why. Taylor made a mention if, "we are paying Wiggins for what we think he can become". Like, how ****ing stupid is that? It's bad enough when a 34 year old is getting paid for what he used to be, but at least they kinda sorta earned it. Wiggins has earned nothing, yet he is given league leading minutes, leads the team in shot attempts the last 4 years, and just got paid like a star. What message are you sending to him? They can say all day, "we need you to get better". In the real world, you get paid AFTER you earn it.

I wonder if at my next review, I can convince my boss that I have mega potential, and despite me coasing through the last 4 years and not moving the needle, they should increase my pay by 300% on the hope I fulfill that potential. See how that works for me..

Hawkeye15
03-28-2018, 09:28 AM
Can’t wait for the day you don’t feel this way anymore

why would I? We have covered this already. **** his age. Games/minutes played and his role have been huge for 4 years now. If he hasn't shown it, he won't.

IndyRealist
03-28-2018, 12:31 PM

btw... I think most of those could get done

A starter and two late firsts, or one lottery. Most of these are lottery teams, some I decided I wanted the extra player more. It's perfectly within the range of what I said, you just have to examine the teams those deals are from.

bigsams50
03-28-2018, 03:30 PM
I would give Batum for Wiggs lol Our cap is ****ed anyway.

valade16
03-28-2018, 03:37 PM
I would give Batum for Wiggs lol Our cap is ****ed anyway.

That actually seemed like one of the most realistic and feasible trades. The T-Wolves get a player that can allow Towns/Butler to be the primary offensive options but who can still score. He can shoot and space the floor for them better than Wiggins and he is a good and lanky defender.

ewing
03-30-2018, 05:01 PM
That actually seemed like one of the most realistic and feasible trades. The T-Wolves get a player that can allow Towns/Butler to be the primary offensive options but who can still score. He can shoot and space the floor for them better than Wiggins and he is a good and lanky defender.

I agree. I think the deal works for both teams. I have always been a fan of Batum's game but he needs to be a floor spacer and icing on the cake scorer and not a guy you look to for buckets

Chronz
03-30-2018, 05:33 PM
Batum never struck me as a good defender or shooter , he would be a great secondary creator and I can imagine scenario where 4 minny starters average around 4,5 assists if they had a constant motion, drive n kick game. He's decent enough but you couldn't ignore his passing game. Wiggins has defensive potential but I don't know enough to say if his lack of vision hurts the team. Like part of the value of a true scorer is that they don't pound the ball.

It's an interesting trade but I would honestly have someone like hood over batum for the twolves

kobe4thewinbang
03-30-2018, 06:13 PM
yep and yep. I have been screaming at the top of my lungs for over 2 years, that our idiot franchise would max him cause "20 a game!", while completely ignoring that someone needs to score on a terrible team, and the fact that he literally does nothing but score 20 inefficient points, and got paid, is maddening. I mean, volume scoring is THE most replaceable skill in the entire NBA.

Yeah, we need to unload him as fast as possible. Every second he gets older, and his value drops.Sad but true. I'll raise you a Spencer Dinwiddie who regularly has like 15-30 points on the Nets.

Sly Guy
03-31-2018, 09:55 AM
I was wrong about Bruno. He wasn't 2 years away from being 2 years away. He just wasn't very good.

Cal827
04-10-2018, 06:22 PM
So, self bump here as the season is over, but I'm gonna eat more crow (MTM) would like this one :laugh2:

Absolutely did not expect Philly to get into the top 3 in the East.. Well done :clap:

Also, probably gonna be a moron prediction alert from my end:

I predicted that Cleveland was going to get knocked off in the first round a couple months back :laugh2:

zn23
04-10-2018, 07:54 PM
- I thought Ainge was a moron for taking Tatum over Fultz and I couldn't believe Fultz got passed up. Turns out, I was the moron.

- I felt the Nuggets would be 4th seed in the West. 5th at worst with Warriors, Spurs and Rockets as the only teams better than them.

- I felt Jokic would be an MVP candidate this year, and he's had a really good year but I might've expected too much following his sophomore season.

- I thought the Sixers were looking at another 30 something win season.

Vee-Rex
04-10-2018, 08:04 PM
I thought the Pacers would be a bottom-5 lottery team. Boy was I wrong about that.

I thought the Jazz would miss the playoffs.

I thought IT would be a GREAT fit on the Cavs. Even convinced myself that he could potentially be better than Kyrie, given his ability to get others involved. Still eating buckets of crow over that.

warfelg
04-10-2018, 08:05 PM
- I thought Ainge was a moron for taking Tatum over Fultz and I couldn't believe Fultz got passed up. Turns out, I was the moron.

- I felt the Nuggets would be 4th seed in the West. 5th at worst with Warriors, Spurs and Rockets as the only teams better than them.

- I felt Jokic would be an MVP candidate this year, and he's had a really good year but I might've expected too much following his sophomore season.

- I thought the Sixers were looking at another 30 something win season.

So you know after one year where one player didn't play in a majority of the games that one side was right or wrong?

Cal827
05-08-2018, 05:26 PM
Sorry for another bump, but playoff mode crow:

Thought Cleveland would lose in the first round, second round...
Thought that Miami would beat Philly and their youth would stop them this season from advancing
Thought Boston would go no further than the 2nd round (This is pending, but I would say quite likely to be off too)
I thought Toronto would actually be a playoff contender.

Yeah... I'm sure as hell glad that I didn't have money on anything :laugh2:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-09-2018, 02:35 PM
I was wrong about Philly. I figured with Embiid not playing back to back they'd miss the playoffs. They made it and got to second round. I was right my Bucks would choke to the Celtics though. Coach Stevens is a legend.

Figure Giannis and Middleton were the only two Bucks that showed up for that series. Celtics had Horford,Brown,Tatum,Rozier playing well and showing up each game. Bledsoe and Parker were meh whole series other then maybe one okay game each.

Bucks should of had game 1 and 5. Oh well. I hope some head's roll this summer. I'd gut the whole Bucks roster and only keep Giannis. I'm hoping for a Parker S&T to any willing team. I'm willing to trade Brogdon as well. Henson,Delly,Snell are dead weight. Doubt they get moved.

Maker and Wilson are meh. Bledsoe can go. Middleton was good for playoffs. But he chokes to good teams in regular season and play up to scrub teams. Also comes in the beginning of season out of shape and a cold shooting streak. All in all Bucks need a PG,SG,C.

Bucks maybe could get Vucevic for Bledsoe. Or a sign and trade for Dedmon. Not sure what the Hawks would want in return. I'd give them #17 on draft night. Kemba would be nice. But Jordan wants a all star in return. Woelfel mentions Bucks still have interests in DeAndre Jordan from the Clippers if he opts in or some kinda sign and trade if he opts out.

Doubt Clippers want our junk. Also be hard to give them Parker in a S&T since he has to be traded solo out going or a double trade with same team if it gets bigger. I would of gave them Brogdon or Parker at the trade deadline for a rental of Jordan. Cause Clippers wanted Henson as one of the salary fillers.

I was right though about that Nets picks not being top 3 when season is over. Only hope now is Cavs win the lottery to get top 3. I remember PSD was hating on me about that Nets pick.