PDA

View Full Version : 1st Round NBA Mock Draft-#2 Overall Selection

MTA12
03-25-2018, 12:22 AM
f the season were to end today, who would you have the Phoenix Suns take with the Second Overall Pick in the NBA Draft? At least 5 Votes to move on. (or 2 days)

1. Phoenix Suns- DeAndre Ayton

2. Mem-

3. Orl

4. Atl

5. Dal

6. Cle

7. Sac

8. Chi

9. Ny

10. Phi

11. Cha

12. Lac

13. Lac

14. Den

15. Phx

16. Phx

17. Was

18. Uta

19. Ind

20. Atl

21. Phi

22. Chi

23. Sa

24. Min

25. Lal

26. Por

27. Bos

28. Bkn

29. Gs

30. Atl

MTA12
03-25-2018, 12:31 AM
This is an interesting choice between Bagley and Doncic for me. Team needs suggest they should give Gasol some help (and his replacement) and take Bagley. I think Gasol would be a great mentor for a player like Bagley (if they keep Gasol), and they would have a nice building block for years to come.

GREATNESS ONE
03-25-2018, 01:36 AM
Bagley

Heediot
03-25-2018, 04:37 AM
Doncic.

Conley-Doncic-Gasol trio with Tyreke off the Bench can get back in the playoffs. Doncic is the most nba ready guy, and Memphis is invested in competing now with Conley/Parsons/Marc all inked on big contracts.

Doncic can play multiple positions which gives him lineup flexibility. He can play on or off the ball and can help Conley with the ball handling and playmaking. Marc Gasol has big praises for him during the summer to boot.

FlashBolt
03-25-2018, 09:36 AM
Doncic.

Conley-Doncic-Gasol trio with Tyreke off the Bench can get back in the playoffs. Doncic is the most nba ready guy, and Memphis is invested in competing now with Conley/Parsons/Marc all inked on big contracts.

Doncic can play multiple positions which gives him lineup flexibility. He can play on or off the ball and can help Conley with the ball handling and playmaking. Marc Gasol has big praises for him during the summer to boot.

I agree with this. It's actually common these days to find big men. You take a look at all these new young tall guys who are coming into the league, I think it's becoming a big men league very soon. Giannis, AD, Simmons, KP, KAT, Embiid, Myles Turner.. some aren't PF's/C's but they're very tall and skilled. I haven't seen some really good guards here at all in this draft. Seems like it is filled with big dudes. I'd go with Doncic. He's got a lot of Euro experience and I think Memphis could use some additional playmakers because Conley is ALWAYS injured.

MTA12
03-25-2018, 05:54 PM
I agree with this. It's actually common these days to find big men. You take a look at all these new young tall guys who are coming into the league, I think it's becoming a big men league very soon. Giannis, AD, Simmons, KP, KAT, Embiid, Myles Turner.. some aren't PF's/C's but they're very tall and skilled. I haven't seen some really good guards here at all in this draft. Seems like it is filled with big dudes. I'd go with Doncic. He's got a lot of Euro experience and I think Memphis could use some additional playmakers because Conley is ALWAYS injured.

I've been swayed. Looking back it looks like the Grizzlies are indeed trying to win now and I feel like Doncic gives them that option a little better. Even though I think they should be tanking for talent and I feel like Bagley is going to be a better overall player down the line than Doncic (but I'm a Duke fan, I'm a little biased I admit), but yeah Doncic skills are definitely better suited for the win-now aproach. If I were the Grizzlies personally I'd be trying to tank again this year and land RJ Barret or Zion Williamson, both guys who I also think will have higher celings than Doncic, and nab a stud big like Bagley now because other than guys like Bol-Bol (who I'm not big on either) it doesn't look like a good draft class next year for bigs. Also even with Doncic a win-now approach is still not going to end well for this teetering Grizzlies roster with a soon to be 34 year old star big.

Alayla
03-25-2018, 06:07 PM
I mean personally i'd take doncic first

MTA12
03-25-2018, 06:15 PM
I mean personally i'd take doncic first

I definitely think he could be. I think he's the most skilled player in this draft (years of pro basketball experience have finely honed him), but with his limited athleticism I'm not sure if he has the upside Ayton and Bagley have. I think with the amount of athleticism he has he'd have to have Bird-like basketball instincts to warrant a selection over Bagley and I just don't think he does.

Rivera
03-27-2018, 11:03 AM
i cant say who because of team, because we dont know which team, we are just guessing, based on overall talent at #2 Porter has the highest ceiling IMO, Bagley maybe the safest but im going

Luka doncic, easily the most intriguing