PDA

View Full Version : 1st Round NBA Mock Draft-#1 Overall Selection

MTA12
03-24-2018, 12:03 AM
If the season were to end today, who would you have the Phoenix Suns take with the First Overall Pick in the NBA Draft? At least 5 Votes to move on.

1. Phx-

2. Mem

3. Orl

4. Atl

5. Dal

6. Cle

7. Sac

8. Chi

9. Ny

10. Phi

11. Cha

12. Lac

13. Lac

14. Den

15. Phx

16. Phx

17. Was

18. Uta

19. Ind

20. Atl

21. Phi

22. Chi

23. Sa

24. Min

25. Lal

26. Por

27. Bos

28. Bkn

29. Gs

30. Atl

MTA12
03-24-2018, 12:10 AM
Me personally, I don't think anyone has Ayton's ceiling.

beasted86
03-24-2018, 12:19 AM
Not only does Phoenix need a C, Ayton is the best prospect in the draft.

Bostonjorge
03-24-2018, 12:55 AM
I think Bagley is the most ready player. He just turned 19 earlier this month so he hasnít reached his celling. Heís a elite scorer especially around the rim.

Shammyguy3
03-24-2018, 02:04 AM
One certainly hopes a college player entering the NBA draft hasn't reached his ceiling...

MTA12
03-24-2018, 02:14 AM
One certainly hopes a college player entering the NBA draft hasn't reached his ceiling...

This can sometimes be the case with upper-classman coming in. I remember this being a problem with players like Doug McDermott a few years back, a senior at Creighton declaring for the draft, and guys like Shabazz Napier. Although they were incredibly decorated collegiate players they were knocked because they didn't look like they were going to get any better. However, a freshman like Bagley does indeed have plenty of room to grow.

FlashBolt
03-24-2018, 02:22 AM
I think Bagley is the most ready player. He just turned 19 earlier this month so he hasnít reached his celling. Heís a elite scorer especially around the rim.

lmao, what?

bigsams50
03-24-2018, 02:14 PM
I voted Ayton, but this depends on who gets the top pick. ATL, PHX i could see going Ayton, but i think Grizz would go Bagley to pair with Gasol.

Heediot
03-24-2018, 05:49 PM
If Phoenix, they will go Ayton. He might even help sell some seats playing hs and college within the state.

Memphis will go Doncic. I think that's a good fit and he can play next to Conley. Can play the 2-3, and even the 4 as he grows into his body. Nice ball handler, passer, respectable shooter. Needs to be more explosive though.

MTA12
03-24-2018, 09:07 PM
Aytons reminds me of an even stronger version of Joel Embiid (when he was a rookie).

europagnpilgrim
03-24-2018, 10:44 PM

The best most dominant players usually are, well at least the ones that I claim that are, just think about it, what did Wilt really do from rookie year to 5th year? I mean almost 38ppg as a rookie and 50ppg I think in year 3 and 40ppg first 7yrs is day 1 production, which a ceiling doesn't get much higher when you are truly a dominant/special player entering the league, Bron/KD/Wade are more modern day versions

these days you worry about a guys ceiling because they are borderline between being a bench player to being on a g league roster, that's the reason why players like Bron can play longer along with the physicality of the game becoming a flagrant foul fest for the slightest of contact, the drafts have some of the weakest over hyped players I can remember, just think Wiggins went 1st overall and is a fringe all star in this game as of right now at best, Bennett went 1st overall and I don't even think he is in the league, and this was just what 4-5yrs ago? the draft is what fuels the league, its a reason why the league was so prosperous off the 84/96/03' draft classes, but these recent draft classes are a joke as a whole, which is a reflection of the league and you got a special but still 15yr player looking like he just started his 5th season in Bron

and these complex defenses of today are nothing short of a joke, complex as in giving up wide open layups and 3's, so much for complex defense

Shammyguy3
03-24-2018, 11:37 PM
The best most dominant players usually are, well at least the ones that I claim that are, just think about it, what did Wilt really do from rookie year to 5th year? I mean almost 38ppg as a rookie and 50ppg I think in year 3 and 40ppg first 7yrs is day 1 production, which a ceiling doesn't get much higher when you are truly a dominant/special player entering the league, Bron/KD/Wade are more modern day versions

these days you worry about a guys ceiling because they are borderline between being a bench player to being on a g league roster, that's the reason why players like Bron can play longer along with the physicality of the game becoming a flagrant foul fest for the slightest of contact, the drafts have some of the weakest over hyped players I can remember, just think Wiggins went 1st overall and is a fringe all star in this game as of right now at best, Bennett went 1st overall and I don't even think he is in the league, and this was just what 4-5yrs ago? the draft is what fuels the league, its a reason why the league was so prosperous off the 84/96/03' draft classes, but these recent draft classes are a joke as a whole, which is a reflection of the league and you got a special but still 15yr player looking like he just started his 5th season in Bron

and these complex defenses of today are nothing short of a joke, complex as in giving up wide open layups and 3's, so much for complex defense

Idk what any of this means

Heediot
03-25-2018, 04:30 AM
Aytons reminds me of an even stronger version of Joel Embiid (when he was a rookie).

The thing that separates them is Embiid has better feel/instincts on defense when he came out.

FlashBolt
03-25-2018, 10:36 AM
Idk what any of this means

he's an old-timer who thinks Wilt would average 50/25 in today's league. pay him no mind. The reason there are so many wide open layups and threes is because the floor has opened up and when you have some teams they have FIVE shooters on the court and can also score from anywhere else, it means you can't just guard one spot on the floor. this guy makes it seem as if defenders are just letting players score open shots. They are getting open because the game has changed. Offenses are now used to set others up moreso than ever. Go and look at how many picks they used back then compared to now. Centers have to rotate up to the three point line... this guy doesn't understand that teams are LOOKING for mismatches all game. All he knows is Wilt scored 50 points for a season and just uses that same bs every time.

they get an open layup because of mismatches and also since defenders are now covering the three, less players are on the paint because they don't want to give up an open three. They get an open three because players are trying to defend the paint and when you have a skilled player who beats his opposing defender and attacks the rim, you need multiple guys on him. That's when he passes the ball to an open player for a three. It's amazing how much he praises Wilt but doesn't see the changes the game has made since then.