PDA

View Full Version : Superman Returns: Dwight Howard puts up 32 points/30 rebounds vs Nets!

FlashBolt
03-21-2018, 10:17 PM
Played 34 minutes too. Damn, vs the Nets but I wouldn't expect Dwight to do this. I didn't watch the game but Nets were beating them big time during the half.. I guess their billionaire owner called in and told them to get back to tanking.

lakerfan85
03-21-2018, 10:28 PM
Played 34 minutes too. Damn, vs the Nets but I wouldn't expect Dwight to do this. I didn't watch the game but Nets were beating them big time during the half.. I guess their billionaire owner called in and told them to get back to tanking.

Heís not Superman..

warfelg
03-21-2018, 10:30 PM
There's a saying about squirrles and nuts.

Okafor must have been playing.

Giannis94
03-21-2018, 10:31 PM
People forget how good he is. Might he the best center we ever witness

rhymeratic
03-21-2018, 10:35 PM
I think the real question here is.... Is Dwight Howard a Hall of Fame player?

WaDe03
03-21-2018, 10:43 PM
Hell no, he was robotic at best on offense. Now that he's lost his athleticism he's not great... at all...

That's like asking is Amare Stoudamire a hall of famer?

Dwight is easily a HOFer.

Twolves88
03-21-2018, 10:44 PM

Hell no, he was robotic at best on offense. Now that he's lost his athleticism he's not great... at all...

MTA12
03-21-2018, 10:46 PM
3-time DPOTY and we're asking if he should be in the HOF? Comon'

FlashBolt
03-21-2018, 10:47 PM
100% Dwight is a HoF... He won 3 DPOY in a row, led the league in rebounding for five seasons, All-NBA 1st team for five seasons.. man, ya'll can hate him all you want for his poor Lakers/Houston stint but his back injury really killed his elite career. He was an absolute monster in Orlando.. I heard Chris Bosh might make the hoF.. how do you deny Dwight and have Bosh?

NYKnickFanatic
03-21-2018, 10:48 PM

I was just going to ask this. I was watching the game and heard Ryan Ruocco, I believe, call Dwight a Future Hall of Famer.

How do people feel about this?

lakerfan85
03-21-2018, 11:23 PM
100% Dwight is a HoF... He won 3 DPOY in a row, led the league in rebounding for five seasons, All-NBA 1st team for five seasons.. man, ya'll can hate him all you want for his poor Lakers/Houston stint but his back injury really killed his elite career. He was an absolute monster in Orlando.. I heard Chris Bosh might make the hoF.. how do you deny Dwight and have Bosh?

He still isnít Superman..

Vee-Rex
03-21-2018, 11:37 PM
Suuuuu PA MAAAAN!

I like when D-12 is playing well. Wish we had him on the Cavs instead of Kardashian.

FlashBolt
03-21-2018, 11:43 PM
He still isnít Superman..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQkkWn3sKo

so what do you call this?

Vallejo Raiders
03-22-2018, 12:01 AM
Super Gurl lol

JWorthy42
03-22-2018, 03:22 AM

This.

Dwight is easily a HoF player.

R. Johnson#3
03-22-2018, 05:47 AM

He could very well go down as the only centre to play for 20 years who never developed a back to the basket game.

lakerfan85
03-22-2018, 07:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQkkWn3sKo

so what do you call this?

Thereís only one original..

GREATNESS ONE
03-22-2018, 09:35 AM

:laugh2:

c.c.
03-22-2018, 10:32 AM
If his contract up after this season, he should sign with Warriors for the veterans minimum.

Well a mid-level I mean

Jamiecballer
03-22-2018, 10:49 AM
Yeah it's stupid to question whether he is a HOF

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

LeonFSU
03-22-2018, 10:55 AM

No, it's not. Dwight has had a much better career than Amare.

I think Dwight would be considered a top 10ish center this year if he wasn't generally dismissed years ago for not playing up to his Orlando standards.

valade16
03-22-2018, 12:20 PM
It's worth pointing out that the Nets were short handed on big men and had no player over 6'8" playing, which is likely why Dwight was able to simply outrebound their entire team.

Still a very impressive accomplishment. And regarding this "is Dwight HOF worthy", easily. He led a team to the Finals, won 3 DPOY, multiple All-NBA 1st teams. He was the best C of his era (post-Shaq era). He is easily in the Hall of Fame.

IndyRealist
03-22-2018, 01:29 PM
It's a combination of things. One, teams don't play Dwight-ball anymore. There are no inside-out, post and kick offenses that I can think of, and defenses are favoring mobile bigs who can defend pick n' roll and come out to the 3pt line. Dwight doesn't leave the paint if he can help it.

Two, injuries have slowed him down significantly. We all knew that his athleticism based game wasn't going to age well, and it hasn't. He never developed the skillset to thrive once he got older.

Three, he doesn't try very hard. Dwight has never had that killer instinct to begin with, and now he basically plays for a paycheck cause he's not sniffing the Finals again. I just read an article that proved the notion that Dwight plays better against teams he used to play for. He can still get big numbers. Whether he can't or won't, you're just not getting 100% effort every night from him. He's doing enough to stay employed.

mightybosstone
03-22-2018, 01:44 PM
Dwight is unquestionably a Hall of Famer. There's really no argument to be made otherwise.

As for this game, good for him, but I'm not super impressed. Even though he hasn't been Orlando Dwight in many years, he's always had spurts of brilliance like this. But consistency is his problem, as the guy completely disappears through huge chunks of games and often large chunks of the season.

Also, I don't really think the guy plays a winning brand of basketball anymore. His last three seasons, his teams have been worse than they were the previous year. I'm not saying Dwight is solely responsible for that, but I also don't think it's a complete coincidence either. If Dwight Howard is making $20 million+ on your team, you've got a lot of money invested in a guy who can't be the second best player on a contending team anymore.

LeonFSU
03-22-2018, 03:10 PM
If Dwight Howard is making $20 million+ on your team, you've got a lot of money invested in a guy who can't be the second best player on a contending team anymore.

You can say this about so many players making (or about to make) around $20 million per year. That's the salary (or will be the salary after this summer) for a lot of third options around the league. I don't necessarily agree, but a lot of NBA GMs seem fine with paying that for a third option.