PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Parker almost traded at the deadline, likely gone at seasons end

GiantsSwaGG
03-21-2018, 08:14 PM
The Bucks were reportedly Ďvery closeí to dealing Jabari Parker at the deadline, almost no chance he returns next season. (via Racine Journal Times)

Where does he end up?

More-Than-Most
03-21-2018, 08:37 PM
but he was suppose to be their returning hero cant miss uber player... Why ever would they trade him?

Giannis94
03-21-2018, 09:35 PM
but he was suppose to be their returning hero cant miss uber player... Why ever would they trade him?

76rz need to trade embi before his next injury. Supposed to be next great hero and nothing but a 50/50 clone of al Jefferson and Greg Oden. Probably more Oden than Jefferson

Say what u want. But that's just factz

IndyRealist
03-21-2018, 09:39 PM
76rz need to trade embi before his next injury. Supposed to be next great hero and nothing but a 50/50 clone of al Jefferson and Greg Oden. Probably more Oden than Jefferson

50/50 Al and Oden would essentially be Hakeem. I assume that's not what you meant.

WaDe03
03-21-2018, 09:47 PM
But they're going to sign and trade him for PG CP3 or LeBron lmao!

Giannis94
03-21-2018, 09:55 PM
50/50 Al and Oden would essentially be Hakeem. I assume that's not what you meant.

It is.

And re: Parker. My bet is Charlotte. Supposedly the Bucks were in on monk and I think somewhat close. Wouldn't be shocked if it was monk and their pick this year for Parker and maybe a bad contract as mj is pretty dumb.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-21-2018, 10:03 PM
I bet Chicago gives him the max. They draft a center in the draft.

C- Ayton
PF- Markannen
SF- Jabari
SG- Lavine
PG- Dunn

KnicksorBust
03-21-2018, 10:08 PM

C- Ayton
PF- Markannen
SF- Jabari
SG- Lavine
PG- Dunn

Wow that team would be filthy.

MTA12
03-21-2018, 10:33 PM
A teetering team like New Orleans would be a nice fit for him.
Boogie
AD
Jabari
Jrue
Rondo

warfelg
03-21-2018, 10:36 PM

C- Ayton
PF- Markannen
SF- Jabari
SG- Lavine
PG- Dunn

Makes sense. Parker is a Chi-town kid, wanted Milwaukee because it was close, and I had a gut feeling he would do something like go to Chicago when he could. Unless they won something big before that time.

warfelg
03-21-2018, 10:37 PM
A teetering team like New Orleans would be a nice fit for him.
Boogie
AD
Jabari
Jrue
Rondo

They don't have the cap space without a S&T and sending some bad contracts out.

MTA12
03-21-2018, 10:50 PM

True, if they could move Hill for some cap room then this becomes a possibility, however.

warfelg
03-21-2018, 10:52 PM
Didn't jrue get 126, and hill like 48. Don't think they can afford boogie at 150+? And Jabari at whatever his max is. Probably north of embiids max given that he has another year of experience. So call it 160 mill?

They can afford Boogie because they have his bird rights.

Giannis94
03-21-2018, 10:54 PM

Didn't jrue get 126, and hill like 48. Don't think they can afford boogie at 150+? And Jabari at whatever his max is. Probably north of embiids max given that he has another year of experience. So call it 160 mill?

FlashBolt
03-21-2018, 11:07 PM
Bucks 8th seed. Lucky Pistons and Hornets aren't good enough to get closer in the seeding.. Sad Giannis really can't do more than he's leading us to believe. He puts up numbers for himself but doesn't help his teammates get better opportunities.. Very young player but tad bit overrated right now

Giannis94
03-21-2018, 11:09 PM
GERY WOELFEL, SUPPOSED @1057FMTheFan BUCKS INSIDER, WAS JUST CALLED OUT BY BUCKS GM JON HORST FOR SPREADING ********!!! #FearTheDeer*

He's also supposedly losing his credentials. Not sure if it's regarding the Jabari situation or something else.

Giannis94
03-21-2018, 11:14 PM
And woelfel also has a prostitution thing against him from a while back. **** that guy

Giannis94
03-21-2018, 11:16 PM
Bucks 8th seed. Lucky Pistons and Hornets aren't good enough to get closer in the seeding.. Sad Giannis really can't do more than he's leading us to believe. He puts up numbers for himself but doesn't help his teammates get better opportunities.. Very young player but tad bit overrated right now

Not overrated. He's what 22/23. Prunty has been good. But not great. Not sure he's able to relate to the players or has their respect. Team looks like it's waltzing a bit.

I wouldn't be shocked if pg, LeGm, or cp3 come to Milwaukee in FA

FlashBolt
03-21-2018, 11:38 PM
Not overrated. He's what 22/23. Prunty has been good. But not great. Not sure he's able to relate to the players or has their respect. Team looks like it's waltzing a bit.

I wouldn't be shocked if pg, LeGm, or cp3 come to Milwaukee in FA

very overrated.. name me a player who is as "good" as he is but can barely lead his team to the playoffs? And I say barely because the rest of the east just straightup suck. you take a look at his roster and it's not even that bad. The problem is, Giannis only knows how to get his own. he's reached the point where he can get his own (granted, he needs to learn how to shoot still) but the next level is getting others involved. if you look at who are deemed the best,

Kawhi
LeBron
Harden
Curry
KD
CP3
Russ

those guys can get 50 and still get everyone else involved. Giannis hasn't done that. you saw the difference in Bucks vs Cavs a few days ago. Giannis scored like ten points in garbage time off lame free throws and Cavs lazy defense. LeBron just dominated Giannis all game.

Giannis94
03-21-2018, 11:59 PM
very overrated.. name me a player who is as "good" as he is but can barely lead his team to the playoffs? And I say barely because the rest of the east just straightup suck. you take a look at his roster and it's not even that bad. The problem is, Giannis only knows how to get his own. he's reached the point where he can get his own (granted, he needs to learn how to shoot still) but the next level is getting others involved. if you look at who are deemed the best,

Kawhi
LeBron
Harden
Curry
KD
CP3
Russ

those guys can get 50 and still get everyone else involved. Giannis hasn't done that. you saw the difference in Bucks vs Cavs a few days ago. Giannis scored like ten points in garbage time off lame free throws and Cavs lazy defense. LeBron just dominated Giannis all game.
Giannis at 33 would dominate a 23 year old lebron.

WaDe03
03-22-2018, 12:00 AM
Giannis at 33 would dominate a 23 year old lebron.

No he wouldn't. LeBron was leading his team to a finals back then.

beasted86
03-22-2018, 01:48 AM
I'm pretty sure he's going to end up in Utah, and I wouldn't be surprised if the trade offered was actually a package from Utah of Favors and draft picks for Teletovic and Parker. I'm guessing Milwaukee wanted to dump Delly instead, but ended up unable to convince Utah on that.

But he's a great fit on the Jazz sandwiched between Gobert and Crowder to hide him defensively. And his age fits the timeline of Donovan Mitchell. Plus he's Mormon.

PG: Mitchell / Rubio
SG: Ingles / Burks
SF: Crowder / (Draft)
PF: Parker / Jerebko
C:: Gobert / MLE

Assuming health, that's a playoff team for the next 4 years straight.

beasted86
03-22-2018, 01:53 AM

C- Ayton
PF- Markannen
SF- Jabari
SG- Lavine
PG- Dunn

I love how a team thate 8th somehow wins the draft and gets the consensus #1 pick again. SMH @ this scenario.

JasonJohnHorn
03-22-2018, 12:44 PM

I see what you're doing. Trying to bring down his market value so the Sixers are willing to dump him for Parker. Very smart.

valade16
03-22-2018, 12:48 PM
This is an interesting case in what the "smart" move is. Jabari Parker is definitely not worth the max, but that is likely what it will take for Milwaukee to keep him. So what is smarter, not overpaying a player to preserve your cap flexibility but letting him walk away for nothing or signing him to keep that asset on a young talented team where losing him may hamper their development and ceiling.

Vinylman
03-22-2018, 01:16 PM
This is an interesting case in what the "smart" move is. Jabari Parker is definitely not worth the max, but that is likely what it will take for Milwaukee to keep him. So what is smarter, not overpaying a player to preserve your cap flexibility but letting him walk away for nothing or signing him to keep that asset on a young talented team where losing him may hamper their development and ceiling.

I don't think he gets as much in RFA as people think... his injury history makes me think he takes a shorter deal for more 3/$55 million or less in a longer deal 4/$64 million... I can't see him getting maxed and the Bucks would be dumb to sign him to a 5 year deal

warfelg
03-22-2018, 01:17 PM

You prey that he wants the max, the team the wants him doesnít have max space, the team that wants him has something interesting, and you can get a S&T.

Thatís the dream scenario.

I think thereís a best/worst case here:
Best - No one wants him, you donít have to go for a max, and you get him on a team friendly deal.

Worst - A team like LAL, PHX, CHI, ORL, SAC donít have a good pick and miss early on FAs, so with their cap space they Max out Parker.

RCarlson85
03-22-2018, 01:39 PM
No he wouldn't. LeBron was leading his team to a finals back then.

Boom, roasted!

More-Than-Most
03-22-2018, 01:42 PM

Kawhi
LeBron
Harden
Curry
KD
CP3
Russ

omg this is so spot on ima save this post.

Giannis94
03-22-2018, 02:18 PM
omg this is so spot on ima save this post.

Omg. That's when you know you have no life. omg.

GiantsSwaGG
03-22-2018, 04:01 PM

Kawhi
LeBron
Harden
Curry
KD
CP3
Russ

I agree with this post

mike_noodles
03-23-2018, 01:19 PM
I agree with this post

While Derozan may not be on the level of those players, that was the step he had to take this year.

mike_noodles
03-23-2018, 01:20 PM
You prey that he wants the max, the team the wants him doesnít have max space, the team that wants him has something interesting, and you can get a S&T.

Thatís the dream scenario.

I think thereís a best/worst case here:
Best - No one wants him, you donít have to go for a max, and you get him on a team friendly deal.

Worst - A team like LAL, PHX, CHI, ORL, SAC donít have a good pick and miss early on FAs, so with their cap space they Max out Parker.

But if he signs an offer sheet, that's out the window. Can't S&T like that. But yeah that would work out nice for the Bucks.

Giannis94
03-23-2018, 01:47 PM

Firefistus
03-23-2018, 03:51 PM
But if he signs an offer sheet, that's out the window. Can't S&T like that. But yeah that would work out nice for the Bucks.

I can almost guarantee that Utah will offer max, and we can afford it. I would be VERY Surprised if this doesn't happen as Utah fans AND the front office have tried to get him for years.

warfelg
03-23-2018, 03:52 PM

1 - It's stupid that the NBA did that.
2 - They might be able to agree to signing him and trading him later. Or he picks up his QO with an agreement in place to sign.

Cal827
03-24-2018, 12:45 PM
Someone's gonna get a Max contract in the off-season. Despite the injuries, teams will still look at the potential and his young age

Vee-Rex
03-24-2018, 01:44 PM
Still like Parker over Wiggins at this point, just looking solely at the numbers.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-24-2018, 04:36 PM
I love how a team thate 8th somehow wins the draft and gets the consensus #1 pick again. SMH @ this scenario.

They can move up the draft given how close the lottery teams are.

And the % are more spread out now in the lottery.

warfelg
03-24-2018, 04:56 PM
They can move up the draft given how close the lottery teams are.

And the % are more spread out now in the lottery.

That's next years draft they level off IIRC.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-24-2018, 05:48 PM
That's next years draft they level off IIRC.

You're right. Still they could move up in this case and improve their odds a little.

beasted86
03-24-2018, 06:14 PM
You're right. Still they could move up in this case and improve their odds a little.

It's ridiculous nonetheless and I would be all aboard the conspiracy train if Chicago once again jumps over 7+ spots to get #1 again.

It wouldn't be a conspiracy to actually try and help Chicago directly. It would be a Silver punishment to the teams that tanked for #1.

warfelg
03-24-2018, 06:37 PM
It's ridiculous nonetheless and I would be all aboard the conspiracy train if Chicago once again jumps over 7+ spots to get #1 again.

It wouldn't be a conspiracy to actually try and help Chicago directly. It would be a Silver punishment to the teams that tanked for #1.

Ultimate conspiracy would be the LAL pick going 1-2-3 so either the Sixers or Celtics get the pick.

Giannis94
03-24-2018, 07:56 PM
Ultimate conspiracy would be the LAL pick going 1-2-3 so either the Sixers or Celtics get the pick.

Ultimate conspiracy woild be the cavs getting another #1 overall pick to get/keep lebron like last time. Then Lal /bos/phi and Chicago

Cal827
03-24-2018, 09:15 PM
Ultimate conspiracy woild be the cavs getting another #1 overall pick to get/keep lebron like last time. Then Lal /bos/phi and Chicago

Ultimate conspiracy would be the Cavs getting the 1st overall pick, From their own actual pick :laugh2:

beasted86
03-24-2018, 09:35 PM

If the Cavs (Nets) jump over several teams and get #1, for certain the lottery is rigged.

Giannis94
03-24-2018, 10:09 PM
If the Cavs (Nets) jump over several teams and get #1, for certain the lottery is rigged.
And if that happens I will be done with the NBA forever; no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Giannis94
03-24-2018, 10:10 PM
Ultimate conspiracy would be the Cavs getting the 1st overall pick, From their own actual pick :laugh2:
From the nets pick. I kinda feel the NBA rigged it for them to get lebron in 03. But hey, that's just me.