PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Clarkson thinks dinosaurs were pets of giant humans

IndyRealist
03-20-2018, 09:30 AM
“This is going to get a little crazy, all right,” said Clarkson, “so I’m going to take y’all a little left on this. Y’all know how we got dogs and stuff, right? So, I think there were bigger people in the world before us, and the dinosaurs were their pets.”

Trolling, or idiot?

https://sports.yahoo.com/jordan-clarkson-thinks-dinosaurs-just-pets-human-giants-one-185551047.html

Hawkeye15
03-20-2018, 09:32 AM
Jordan and Kyrie, the great historians..

One Nut Kruk
03-20-2018, 09:49 AM
I’d go with trolling idiot

CityofTreez
03-20-2018, 09:51 AM
There’s a reason Mizzou left Big12 for the SEC

RowBTrice
03-20-2018, 09:58 AM
******* Idiot.

FlashBolt
03-20-2018, 10:07 AM
LeBron has some weird teammates

pacofunk64
03-20-2018, 10:11 AM
He is a little off saying they were pets, maybe some were. But there is for sure some validity of larger humans in the past. Also, it's not far fetched to say humans and dinosaurs roamed the Earth at the same time.

TrueFan420
03-20-2018, 10:14 AM
I’d go with trolling idiot

I'd hope so cause if he isn't trolling he's beyond your regular run of the mill idiot.

GoferKing_
03-20-2018, 10:24 AM
Dayummmm. This is why drugs are bad for you and it is good to go to school. :D

Shammyguy3
03-20-2018, 10:43 AM
He is a little off saying they were pets, maybe some were. But there is for sure some validity of larger humans in the past. Also, it's not far fetched to say humans and dinosaurs roamed the Earth at the same time.

There is no fossl evidence to suggest that at all

tredigs
03-20-2018, 10:44 AM
That excerpt in the article is gold. I like that the other guy, Mims - LeBron's friend, business partner and a Cavs executive - does not believe in Elvis (or that he was some sort of character?), or dinosaurs. It was at that point that Clarkson piped in that he does believe in dinosaurs, but that they were just the pets of a race of supersized humans (I sensed zero sarcasm). Also believes aliens walk among us in human form and that dinosaurs are probably just sleeping on the bottom of the ocean biding their time to come back out (I'm guessing he watched the preview for Pacific Rim 2 recently).

Hilarious. The world is definitely better off now that everyone has a voice. It's important to know just how stupid some of these guys are.

WaDe03
03-20-2018, 10:56 AM
******* Idiot.

GREATNESS ONE
03-20-2018, 11:12 AM
:smoking:

FlashBolt
03-20-2018, 11:13 AM
That excerpt in the article is gold. I like that the other guy, Mims - LeBron's friend, business partner and a Cavs executive - does not believe in Elvis (or that he was some sort of character?), or dinosaurs. It was at that point that Clarkson piped in that he does believe in dinosaurs, but that they were just the pets of a race of supersized humans (I sensed zero sarcasm). Also believes aliens walk among us in human form and that dinosaurs are probably just sleeping on the bottom of the ocean biding their time to come back out (I'm guessing he watched the preview for Pacific Rim 2 recently).

Hilarious. The world is definitely better off now that everyone has a voice. It's important to know just how stupid some of these guys are.

Lmao, I read the article as well. It's actually more ridiculous than his pets of giant humans story that would make a great animated Disney film. Dinosaurs sleeping on the bottom of the ocean.. lmao!

TrueFan420
03-20-2018, 11:18 AM
Do these guys just all get together and say what idiotic things can we say and how far can we push it before people notice/care... like wtf

Giannis94
03-20-2018, 11:36 AM
I wonder if Clarkson has a PSD account. He'd fit in well

Vee-Rex
03-20-2018, 11:51 AM
I think Clarkson is an okay player in this league. Glad to have him no doubt. At the same time, just watching him play makes me wonder about his IQ. His BBIQ definitely isn't good and I find myself going "whyyyyy would you do that" when he's playing.

So it wouldn't shock me if he's just a complete idiot.

Giannis94
03-20-2018, 12:14 PM
I think Clarkson is an okay player in this league. Glad to have him no doubt. At the same time, just watching him play makes me wonder about his IQ. His BBIQ definitely isn't good and I find myself going "whyyyyy would you do that" when he's playing.

First kyrie, then Rose, now Clarkson. I see a pattern.

aman_13
03-20-2018, 12:28 PM
Kyrie is a smart guy. He just lost a lot of credibility with flat earth stuff

ewing
03-20-2018, 12:37 PM
You guys know everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
03-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Btw LeBron thinks he gained 7 pounds during a game

FlashBolt
03-20-2018, 12:58 PM

His teammates actually saw the scale and said it as well. You're reaching, like you always do.

tredigs
03-20-2018, 01:37 PM

Lol. Maybe a tad less ridiculous than thinking a race of superhumans roamed the earth 100 million years ago (humans go back about 200k years...) and apparently cremated every one of their dead in order to keep their existence a secret (the last superhuman jumped off the side of the Earth I'm assuming). I do like to envision a world where baseball is played with redwood trees and every cave is adorned with a pterodactyl in their bird cage and a T-Rex is the ultimate guard dog.

tredigs
03-20-2018, 01:38 PM
Thinking about the 7lb thing seriously, I guess it's possible if he came into the game dehydrated and drank a gallon of water over the game (a gallon weighs almost 9 lbs I think).

ManRam
03-20-2018, 01:39 PM
The Road Trippin' Podcast is such an underrated treasure.

PurpleLynch
03-20-2018, 01:40 PM

The most sad thing is that he probably travelled all around the world and still believes in that kind of nonsense.

ewing
03-20-2018, 01:41 PM
His teammates actually saw the scale and said it as well. You're reaching, like you always do.

Yeah I mean he is clearly not a moron

Vee-Rex
03-20-2018, 01:52 PM
The Road Trippin' Podcast is such an underrated treasure.

yes it is. I love it

KingstonHawke
03-20-2018, 01:57 PM
I know a lot of Christians who believe something close to this. The only difference is the they don't think humans were giant, they think a small *** human had a pet T-Rex, which may be dumber.

TrueFan420
03-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Thinking about the 7lb thing seriously, I guess it's possible if he came into the game dehydrated and drank a gallon of water over the game (a gallon weighs almost 9 lbs I think).

Two different sport nutritionist shot this down. It's not possible. At least with the details they reported.

Chronz
03-20-2018, 02:05 PM
He might be on to something. Always felt dinos were fake tho

MTA12
03-20-2018, 02:09 PM
I'd like to see what the topic starter was for this interview lol

tredigs
03-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Two different sport nutritionist shot this down. It's not possible. At least with the details they reported.

Fair enough. I don't know. But I looked it up, a gallon does weigh 8.3 lbs. So on the surface, it does not seem completely inconceivable for me (it's just that normally if you're drinking that much you're sweating/pissing most of it back out). For what it's worth, it's not uncommon for marathon runners to gain weight during their run due to their heavy water intake.

WaDe03
03-20-2018, 02:18 PM
I gain few pounds every day during my workout.

nastynice
03-20-2018, 02:23 PM
Yeah I mean he is clearly not a moron

If his teammates didn’t see the scale too, he’d be a moron

FlashBolt
03-20-2018, 02:23 PM
I gain few pounds every day during my workout.

yeah, it happens to everyone. has to do with muscles expanding and all that weird ****. the human body is crazy

nastynice
03-20-2018, 02:25 PM
He might be on to something. Always felt dinos were fake tho

I know what you mean, a guy will find an abandoned toe nail in a field somewhere, next thing you know they recreated a new species of dinosaur

RowBTrice
03-20-2018, 02:40 PM

Yes, exactly.

TrueFan420
03-20-2018, 03:03 PM
Fair enough. I don't know. But I looked it up, a gallon does weigh 8.3 lbs. So on the surface, it does not seem completely inconceivable for me (it's just that normally if you're drinking that much you're sweating/pissing most of it back out). For what it's worth, it's not uncommon for marathon runners to gain weight during their run due to their heavy water intake.

They discussed that as well but it's over a longer period of time. And a few 2-3 pounds is different very different than 7. Plus he played like 40 minutes that night. He wouldn't have had the time during the game to drink a gallon. It would have had to have been half time or post game. They said something to the ilk of hed have to have been extremely dehydrated and wearing little when weight first. Then had to have had an IV and food and a lot of water while being weight in the clothes that he sweated on to gain that type of weight and been weighed much later than the game ended. The way it's "reported" is he was weighed prior to game then weighed right after. Per them that's not improbable that's physically impossible.

tredigs
03-20-2018, 03:08 PM
They discussed that as well but it's over a longer period of time. And a few 2-3 pounds is different very different than 7. Plus he played like 40 minutes that night. He wouldn't have had the time during the game to drink a gallon. It would have had to have been half time or post game. They said something to the ilk of hed have to have been extremely dehydrated and wearing little when weight first. Then had to have had an IV and food and a lot of water while being weight in the clothes that he sweated on to gain that type of weight and been weighed much later than the game ended. The way it's "reported" is he was weighed prior to game then weighed right after. Per them that's not improbable that's physically impossible.

Gotchya, that makes sense. I'm just saying it's a tad more believable than 200 foot humans lol.

IndyRealist
03-20-2018, 03:12 PM
I gain between 5lb and 12lb throughout the day if I don't carefully monitor my water intake. You can be heavier after a workout bc your body floods your muscles with water to remove built up acids. If he hydrated prior to being weighed, 7lb is easy.

WaDe03
03-20-2018, 04:21 PM
I know what you mean, a guy will find an abandoned toe nail in a field somewhere, next thing you know they recreated a new species of dinosaur

And they'll find all these fossils that perfectly build a T-Rex and then just assume that's what it was when in reality it could just be a huge caveman weenie.

Giannis94
03-20-2018, 04:24 PM
I know a lot of Christians who believe something close to this. The only difference is the they don't think humans were giant, they think a small *** human had a pet T-Rex, which may be dumber.

Can you give me your thoughts on the lds church? I am genuinely curious; think it could be insightful.

ewing
03-20-2018, 04:29 PM
I gain between 5lb and 12lb throughout the day if I don't carefully monitor my water intake. You can be heavier after a workout bc your body floods your muscles with water to remove built up acids. If he hydrated prior to being weighed, 7lb is easy.

Do you have a pet dinosaur?

ewing
03-20-2018, 04:33 PM
I gained 20 pounds taking a ****. My cat Mister Ewing saw me weigh myself both before and after

Jeffy25
03-21-2018, 05:55 PM

A gallon weighs 8 pounds, but it's quickly absorbed into the blood stream and thick muscles. Our bodies take our macros and water and convert it to energy as quickly as possible. You couldn't absorb enough to actually gain that much weight.

IndyRealist
03-21-2018, 06:16 PM
A gallon weighs 8 pounds, but it's quickly absorbed into the blood stream and thick muscles. Our bodies take our macros and water and convert it to energy as quickly as possible. You couldn't absorb enough to actually gain that much weight.

The body doesn't break down water in any significant amount because it NEEDS water as is. If you drink a gallon of water, you weigh 8lb more until you sweat or pee it out. Law of conservation of mass and energy. Combine that with the fact that he's not drinking water but sports drinks containing electrolytes (salts) which cause you to retain water. If he hydrates throughout the game and then after prior to being weighed, 7lb is easy.

tredigs
03-21-2018, 06:21 PM

I can buy that.

KingstonHawke
03-21-2018, 06:28 PM
Can you give me your thoughts on the lds church? I am genuinely curious; think it could be insightful.

Not sure if there's a nice way to share those opinions. Already if you're a Christian you're saying that there's a guy who said he was the king of a certain group of people, and those people called bs. And instead of realizing they probably know the most about their own group you decided that you do and that you're going to swear by this guy that you never mets claims second hand. That already says a lot about someone's ego and level of intellect. And then to add in that you believe all of Joseph Smith's nonsense? And then to accept that they took out the racist parts when being racist stopped being cool. Mormons normally tend to be kind and well-intentioned, but also borderline special education. More so than the rest that is.

COOLbeans
03-21-2018, 06:46 PM
There's some weirdness in the water in Cleveland. But I do think he's searching for some attention, in the mold of Kyrie.

Though he could be right who really knows :confused:

COOLbeans
03-21-2018, 06:49 PM

Would you say his IQ is better or worse than Monta Ellis? I saw all of Monta's games when he was in GS, but have only seen Clarkson periodically. Too little to judge his IQ. What say you in that comparrison, though I think Ellis is a better scorer.

Saddletramp
03-22-2018, 06:02 AM
There's some weirdness in the water in Cleveland. But I do think he's searching for some attention, in the mold of Kyrie.

Though he could be right who really knows :confused:

Science. Science knows.

WaDe03
03-22-2018, 12:19 PM
Well they made the Raptors their pets last night so maybe it's true.

smith&wesson
03-22-2018, 12:23 PM
So basically ppl were the size of the Statue of Liberty.. I mean if Trex was your pet, I presume that’s how big you’d have to be. Maybe bigger

egptnwarrior22
03-22-2018, 04:50 PM
PSD...Where archaeology experts come to talk sports! Although there is no evidence to what Clarkson said, and based on the information we have, he is likely wrong, it is impossible to say that he is unequivocally wrong. Until we have accounted for every organism that has ever lived (which is less likely than humans and dinosaurs coexisting) we cannot say that anything pertaining to the man-dinosaur relationship theory is 100% true or false. The only answer that is 100% correct is that we don't actually know and probably never will.

IndyRealist
03-22-2018, 05:17 PM
PSD...Where archaeology experts come to talk sports! Although there is no evidence to what Clarkson said, and based on the information we have, he is likely wrong, it is impossible to say that he is unequivocally wrong. Until we have accounted for every organism that has ever lived (which is less likely than humans and dinosaurs coexisting) we cannot say that anything pertaining to the man-dinosaur relationship theory is 100% true or false. The only answer that is 100% correct is that we don't actually know and probably never will.

That's all you had to say. He has absolutely no basis for his belief in the theory. It doesn't matter if 1000 years from now there ARE found to be giant human remains that date back to the dinosaurs. He has no reason, right now, to believe it. He likely watched a youtube video and suddenly discounted the scientific opinion of thousands of people much more well versed in the topic than he is, because that's the world we live in. Two hours on the internet means you "did your research."

IKnowHoops
03-23-2018, 12:03 AM

When you factor in he is a 260lb freak of nature... that’s like my 180 lb body gaining 4 lbs which I can do easily in a sitting. This guy is a machine of the highest caliber. I say he did that ish easily. He’s 260 of pure muscle. 8 pounds is 2 pounds to the normal human.

kobe4thewinbang
03-23-2018, 02:14 AM
Well, nobody really knows, so...gotta believe in something. It's called imagination and daring to dream. Is he correct? Probably not, but the bible places man after animals but also existing closely enough for man to name them all and tons of folks believe in the bible, so it's not too different. Larger forms of man are also not unheard of, e.g. angels, nephalim, etc. At least he believes in something. I'm starting to believe dinosaurs were G-d's special interest for a while, and then G-d said okay bye.

KingPosey
03-23-2018, 02:36 AM

Kyrie looooves those 3-4 syllable words that are ALMOST used correctly

Saddletramp
03-23-2018, 06:51 AM
Well, nobody really knows, so...gotta believe in something. It's called imagination and daring to dream. Is he correct? Probably not, but the bible places man after animals but also existing closely enough for man to name them all and tons of folks believe in the bible, so it's not too different. Larger forms of man are also not unheard of, e.g. angels, nephalim, etc. At least he believes in something. I'm starting to believe dinosaurs were G-d's special interest for a while, and then G-d said okay bye.

I'm starting to believe most posters here are dumb as ****.

GoferKing_
03-23-2018, 07:30 AM
Dayum. Some of the comments here.

KingstonHawke
03-23-2018, 07:37 AM
I'm starting to believe most posters here are dumb as ****.

It's not limited to here, most Americans agree with them.

mike_noodles
03-23-2018, 08:08 AM
Seriously, the one and one rule needs to be abolished. Some of these guys really need the 4 years.

On another note, he's not the first to claim the people and dinosaurs co-existed. There are glyphs that clearly show dinosaurs from the Inca culture. So of course this leads to questions.

Vee-Rex
03-23-2018, 08:35 AM
Would you say his IQ is better or worse than Monta Ellis? I saw all of Monta's games when he was in GS, but have only seen Clarkson periodically. Too little to judge his IQ. What say you in that comparrison, though I think Ellis is a better scorer.

That sounds like a really good comparison. Both with low IQs with Ellis easily being the better player and scorer.

As for their games, Clarkson likes to shoot the ball a bit more and is taller at 6''5, while Ellis likes to drive in more and is a better finisher at the rim. Clarkson likes to get into that 8-10 foot range and create separation for a fadeaway.

ChiTownPacerFan
03-23-2018, 09:40 AM
My favorite logical fallacy: "No one really knows, so any made up, nonsensical theory has to be a possibility."

Nope.

If I said, I believe that, 100 million years ago, the Earth was populated by 50 foot tall sentient bananas from the Andromeda galaxy... it would be exactly as valid and plausible as Clarkson's theory.

I blame the media. You see things on CNN like a debate between a climate scientist and a corporate sellout climate change denier, and they act like both are reasonable positions.

As if the act of simply saying something makes it a real argument.

nastynice
03-23-2018, 11:40 AM
And they'll find all these fossils that perfectly build a T-Rex and then just assume that's what it was when in reality it could just be a huge caveman weenie.

Haha, they be making full sized fossils for museums for people to see, it's not like they found the **** like that. Maybe for like 2% of dinosaur species they did, the rest of its just a bunch of paleontologists tryina get paid for whatever off the wall **** they can convince people of, lol

WaDe03
03-23-2018, 11:47 AM
Haha, they be making full sized fossils for museums for people to see, it's not like they found the **** like that. Maybe for like 2% of dinosaur species they did, the rest of its just a bunch of paleontologists tryina get paid for whatever off the wall **** they can convince people of, lol

I honestly think the fossils we've found are just a bunch of weenies that we're frozen and saved for the future. The lab they were in blew up due to chemical malfunctions and buried the weenies underground where we found them.

nastynice
03-23-2018, 12:04 PM
I honestly think the fossils we've found are just a bunch of weenies that we're frozen and saved for the future. The lab they were in blew up due to chemical malfunctions and buried the weenies underground where we found them.

Are you hitting on me?

WaDe03
03-23-2018, 12:06 PM
Are you hitting on me?

Yes, is it working?

nastynice
03-23-2018, 12:13 PM
Yes, is it working?

I'm not gay, but yes

WaDe03
03-23-2018, 12:23 PM
I'm not gay, but yes

I'm not either, I'm a transgender woman

nastynice
03-23-2018, 12:29 PM
I'm not either, I'm a transgender woman

Are you?

That's kinda hot..

WaDe03
03-23-2018, 12:43 PM
Are you?

That's kinda hot..

I think you're kinda hot.....

SfgiantsJD3
03-23-2018, 01:20 PM

I am sure all the paintings are from polaroid's from the time, some one found them in their attic, they could even be selfies.

IndyRealist
03-23-2018, 01:55 PM
my favorite logical fallacy: "no one really knows, so any made up, nonsensical theory has to be a possibility."

nope.

If i said, i believe that, 100 million years ago, the earth was populated by 50 foot tall sentient bananas from the andromeda galaxy... It would be exactly as valid and plausible as clarkson's theory.

I blame the media. You see things on cnn like a debate between a climate scientist and a corporate sellout climate change denier, and they act like both are reasonable positions.

qft.

nastynice
03-23-2018, 02:07 PM
I am sure all the paintings are from polaroid's from the time, some one found them in their attic, they could even be selfies.

lol, apparently!

ewing
03-23-2018, 09:44 PM
My favorite logical fallacy: "No one really knows, so any made up, nonsensical theory has to be a possibility."

Nope.

If I said, I believe that, 100 million years ago, the Earth was populated by 50 foot tall sentient bananas from the Andromeda galaxy... it would be exactly as valid and plausible as Clarkson's theory.

I blame the media. You see things on CNN like a debate between a climate scientist and a corporate sellout climate change denier, and they act like both are reasonable positions.

I blame you