PDA

View Full Version : Cavs HC Tyron Lue stepping aside

warfelg
03-19-2018, 11:23 AM
Citing health concerns. All over twitter.

SteBO
03-19-2018, 11:25 AM
Get healthy Ty Lue.....all that matters now.

TrueFan420
03-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Who thinks he never gets another coaching gig again? And not because of "health" issues.

pacofunk64
03-19-2018, 11:30 AM
They always said Lebron was a coach killer but he almost literally killed Lue lol. Get well Lue, you'll feel much better not having to coach that mess.

IndyRealist
03-19-2018, 11:43 AM
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/03/19/cleveland-cavaliers-coach-tyronn-lue-stepping-away-health-issues
Undiagnosed chest pain.

tredigs
03-19-2018, 11:53 AM
So exactly nothing will change for them. Got it.

TheDish87
03-19-2018, 11:53 AM
this seems fishy especially with the wording of 'taking a break'

tredigs
03-19-2018, 11:59 AM
Cavs fans will be butthurt that the immediate/obvious response will be that he just does not want to be there, specifically because of Bron. Maybe that is the case, maybe not. But I have never seen a player consistently shade his own coach throughout the course of a season the way LeBron does. And it is worse than ever nowadays. It is the primary reason I can't stand the guy.

SteBO
03-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Cavs fans will be butthurt that the immediate/obvious response will be that he just does not want to be there, specifically because of Bron. Maybe that is the case, maybe not. But I have never seen a player consistently shade his own coach throughout the course of a season the way LeBron does. And it is worse than ever nowadays. It is the primary reason I can't stand the guy.
I find his constant need to play the victim to be way more annoying....superstars undermining coaches is nothing new in the sport.

WaDe03
03-19-2018, 12:36 PM
Stepping aside for a week.

Giannis94
03-19-2018, 12:41 PM
They always said Lebron was a coach killer but he almost literally killed Lue lol. Get well Lue, you'll feel much better not having to coach that mess.

Flashbolt is going to try and get you banned for using that term.

tredigs
03-19-2018, 12:41 PM
I find his constant need to play the victim to be way more annoying....superstars undermining coaches is nothing new in the sport.
The need to constantly be his own #1 fanboy is also up there. LeBron as a personality is just a complete train wreck.

And yes, I hope T Lues acid reflux heals up quick.

Leftcoast_yg
03-19-2018, 12:48 PM

+1

Scoots
03-19-2018, 12:49 PM
A week away is not a big deal at all. The Warriors are used to months at a time.

FlashBolt
03-19-2018, 12:51 PM
He's been dealing with it the entire year. He'll be back next week but it doesn't mean he will be healthy in a week. Some Cavs reporter said Lue hasn't looked right for much of the season.

aman_13
03-19-2018, 12:56 PM
It sounds stress related. Hopefully he will be back soon.

Vee-Rex
03-19-2018, 12:57 PM

Eh, I doubt Cavs fans really care much. If you pay a visit to RCF you'll see the vast majority of them can't stand Lue's coaching and are tired of LeBron's shenanigans as well. So not a big deal. :shrug:

Whatever the cause/reason, I just hope he gets well. Lue seems like a really good dude and I like his personality.

FlashBolt
03-19-2018, 01:00 PM
It sounds stress related. Hopefully he will be back soon.

Lue is one of the highest paid coaches in the league. If it's related to stress, it's only going to get worse for him if LeBron stays. LeBron just creates too much pressure and drama on a team that many people can't handle throughout a season. I think Lue needed more time as an actual head coach. The transition has been okay but he's not a championship-level coach.

Vinylman
03-19-2018, 01:17 PM
Lebronitis is very debilitating...

the only cure is banging Lebron's mom which will surely get you exiled to a desert island where you can recover

Scoots
03-19-2018, 03:13 PM
He's been dealing with it the entire year. He'll be back next week but it doesn't mean he will be healthy in a week. Some Cavs reporter said Lue hasn't looked right for much of the season.

And Kerr still isn't right either, but it's a long way from what we know to his life being in danger or even his ability to do the job long term.

Sly Guy
03-20-2018, 12:14 PM
LeBron's happy he can get back to coaching I guess.

Wish the guy good health and all, but really, if this is a stress-related thing, why would the Cavs want to keep a coach who can't handle the pressures of the job? Why would anyone else?

It sucks, and it probably means Lue won't get another coaching job in the NBA, and it looks like his hold in Cleveland is tenuous at best. Probably the reason why he fought so hard against stepping away and taking a break