PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't LUOL Deng playing?

Giannis94
03-17-2018, 07:41 PM
Honestly. He deserves playing time. He's making 18 a year. Clearly he's good.. It's a disgrace that he's not getting proper PT for the Lakers of all .teams. HE IS GOOD.

I want to see LUOL play. He is why I watch games. Which teans can I count on watching next year to see LUOL play? Pretty sure Philly, dally, Lal (should be lol after not playing my ****ing guy), Orlando, Chicago, and probably a fee others that could use him.

I will sponsor a Luau for #luol and anyone that wants to fly in at a TBD location after he gets PT like he deserves.

ldawg
03-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Free Deng, Free Deng, Free Deng. Let the dude play. What do you got to loose. Thats right nothing.

JordansBulls
03-17-2018, 08:03 PM
The guy has only played 1 game this year. How???

Giannis94
03-17-2018, 08:09 PM
The guy has only played 1 game this year. How???

I thoughr the Lakers were tanking.. Until I realized they don't have their pick. So it makes no sense to keep your top player off the court. Wtf Lakers.

@psdalkers forum has explaining to dk.

Giannis94
03-17-2018, 08:09 PM
Free Deng, Free Deng, Free Deng. Let the dude play. What do you got to loose. Thats right nothing.

Cqn I get a Joel Osteen aaaaaaaaaaahmen?!

c.c.
03-17-2018, 10:19 PM
Stuff like this should make veterans think twice about joining young teams.

FlashBolt
03-17-2018, 10:23 PM
Stuff like this should make veterans think twice about joining young teams.

You really think Deng is sulking because he isn't playing? Dude was worn out by Thibs and has no energy left in his legs. It wasn't Magic who signed Deng anyways. They are clearly rebuilding and playing the players who actually have value. Deng's getting paid a massive amount of money for a player who even at his prime, isn't worth the money he is getting currently.

beasted86
03-17-2018, 10:23 PM
Deng got his last payday. Could have went to a contender for much less.

Could even still request a buyout if play time is that important.

Instead he wants neither option. So he should continue to shut up and ride the pine or do whatever they ask of him.

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2018, 01:55 AM

Please just stay in the NBA forum, you belong here, we don’t want you back.

Signed,
All Lakers Fans

Lakers + Giants
03-18-2018, 04:44 AM
We're trying to piss him off enough to reach a buy out so we dont have to stretch him.

Storch
03-18-2018, 05:07 AM
His value is at an all time high, we dont want to showcase him in an actual game because his greatness doesn’t need validation.

ldawg
03-18-2018, 07:20 AM
You really think Deng is sulking because he isn't playing? Dude was worn out by Thibs and has no energy left in his legs. It wasn't Magic who signed Deng anyways. They are clearly rebuilding and playing the players who actually have value. Deng's getting paid a massive amount of money for a player who even at his prime, isn't worth the money he is getting currently.

Wrong. Deng do want to play. That was already established in their meeting earlier in the season. They were doing the same to Randle. If you look at lopez minutes from earlier in the season and his numbers are all down. Lakers could of won more games they just leaned towards the younger inexperienced players. true they are rebuilding and they had no intentions of keeping Randle, lopez, pope, clarkson, Deng

ldawg
03-18-2018, 07:34 AM
Please just stay in the NBA forum, you belong here, we don’t want you back.

Signed,
All Lakers Fans

I thought you were a Ball fan and not a Laker fan. Bias fans just cant handle the truth.

FlashBolt
03-18-2018, 09:02 AM
Wrong. Deng do want to play. That was already established in their meeting earlier in the season. They were doing the same to Randle. If you look at lopez minutes from earlier in the season and his numbers are all down. Lakers could of won more games they just leaned towards the younger inexperienced players. true they are rebuilding and they had no intentions of keeping Randle, lopez, pope, clarkson, Deng

How am I wrong? I said SULKING. Wanting to play, of course. But the guy isn't going to get up there complaining. I bet if you offered the guy $17 million to sit on the bench or $10 million to play, he'll sit on the bench. Let's be honest here - this guy KNOWS how fortunate he is. He won't be getting another contract like that again. He probably ran to the bank laughing at how stupid Mitch and the Lakers are. Brook Lopez? Bro, everyone knows he was there to shave salary...

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2018, 10:26 AM
I thought you were a Ball fan and not a Laker fan. Bias fans just cant handle the truth.

Yea, the guy who ya watched every single Lakers game in 20+ years.... compared to the guy who watches box scores? I thought we weren’t going to win over 30games? Thought this was he worse team in the last 4years? Thought, this would’ve been the year to keep our pick? Hahah! Right. LDawg.

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2018, 10:28 AM
Bill Oram: With Lakers depth issues on the wing, Luke Walton said team revisited possibility of minutes for Luol Deng. However, after conversations with “several people,” including Deng, they decided to keep him where he is.

Just so Ldawg can shut the hel up already.

Giannis94
03-18-2018, 10:30 AM
Ldawg taking l's left and right.

ldawg
03-18-2018, 03:24 PM
How am I wrong? I said SULKING. Wanting to play, of course. But the guy isn't going to get up there complaining. I bet if you offered the guy $17 million to sit on the bench or $10 million to play, he'll sit on the bench. Let's be honest here - this guy KNOWS how fortunate he is. He won't be getting another contract like that again. He probably ran to the bank laughing at how stupid Mitch and the Lakers are. Brook Lopez? Bro, everyone knows he was there to shave salary...

well that part is not wrong. Unless your making Lebron, Kobe, Wade, bosh, money or chasing a ring like david west your not going to leave money on the table. But he wants to play.

ldawg
03-18-2018, 03:26 PM
Bill Oram: With Lakers depth issues on the wing, Luke Walton said team revisited possibility of minutes for Luol Deng. However, after conversations with “several people,” including Deng, they decided to keep him where he is.

Just so Ldawg can shut the hel up already.

who is these people? Magic who shut him down from season start? his agent who. Why would he want to play now that the season is lost in garbage time. Hes now at the point where he just want to move on.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-18-2018, 03:30 PM
I thought he would have been bought out.

IndyRealist
03-18-2018, 03:36 PM
I thought he would have been bought out.

I'm guessing the Lakers don't need the cap space, and Luol doesn't want to leave any money on the table. No incentive for anyone to make a deal.

FlashBolt
03-18-2018, 05:02 PM
well that part is not wrong. Unless your making Lebron, Kobe, Wade, bosh, money or chasing a ring like david west your not going to leave money on the table. But he wants to play.

Of course he wants to play. But he also wants to get paid.

JasonJohnHorn
03-18-2018, 08:00 PM
Looking at his numbers last year, which granted, was an odd season in LA, it seems understandable that he isn't playing much. He wasn't shooting well.

Yes, he has a few miles on him. Came in young, been playing 13+ years, so perhaps he's an 'old 32' by NBA standards. Was last year a bad year? Or a sign of decline? We haven't seen him play this year, so it is hard to say.

Was the contract generous? Yup. Coming out of Miami, it looked like he had a solid 3pt shot down, and was playing solid D. If they had a roster like GSW's, that signing could have been like picking up Iggy. In which case, had his level of play remained, it would have been worth it.

But they had a lottery team and his level of play dropped.

Still.. not even getting minutes when guys are in foul trouble? Doesn't make sense to me. I feel like there has to be something else going on here.

I feel like he is still the kind of guy who is capable of having a great series and providing some match-up issues defensively in the right spot. But I also recall guys saying his D wasn't as good in Miami as it had been in the past, so...

FlashBolt
03-18-2018, 08:48 PM
Looking at his numbers last year, which granted, was an odd season in LA, it seems understandable that he isn't playing much. He wasn't shooting well.

Yes, he has a few miles on him. Came in young, been playing 13+ years, so perhaps he's an 'old 32' by NBA standards. Was last year a bad year? Or a sign of decline? We haven't seen him play this year, so it is hard to say.

Was the contract generous? Yup. Coming out of Miami, it looked like he had a solid 3pt shot down, and was playing solid D. If they had a roster like GSW's, that signing could have been like picking up Iggy. In which case, had his level of play remained, it would have been worth it.

Still.. not even getting minutes when guys are in foul trouble? Doesn't make sense to me. I feel like there has to be something else going on here.

I feel like he is still the kind of guy who is capable of having a great series and providing some match-up issues defensively in the right spot. But I also recall guys saying his D wasn't as good in Miami as it had been in the past, so...

Luol is still young. The problem is the guy looks 37 physically because Tom Thibs ran his players down the drain. The guy has his players playing full on practices.. When you look at the damage he has done to Rose, Noah, and Deng, he really needs to fix his coaching style. Lakers aren't playing him because they hope his trade value is still high enough to where if you include a package for the young talent, they will still take him. Other than that, I have no other reasoning for it. Deng just sucks. Legs are done and he moves like he needs a cane.

Giannis94
03-18-2018, 09:06 PM
LUOL needs to play. He is a good player. Especially on the ****ing lakers of all teams.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-18-2018, 09:37 PM
Wish he got bought out so he can go to the Raptors.

ldawg
03-18-2018, 09:39 PM

Deng is better used as a pf at this point in his career. The year before he signed in La he was decent at PF but Lakers played him at sf. Hes not done he just did not get the opportunity this season. Lakers leaned on the younger players early on and put Randle, Deng and Clarkson on the back burners. Deng just happened to be way in the back.

Lakers could be an 8th seed team today but the Luke was doing some strange things with his rotations. Walton is throwing curve balls in his reasoning. Ball, Ingram and Kuzma played the bulk of minutes while Randle, Lopez, Deng, Brewer, Clarkson all saw minutes drop. This season was not about winning but grooming and show casing players either to be traded or attract free agents.

metswon69
03-18-2018, 10:35 PM
I don't know what GMs are thinking giving guys like Deng and Joakim Noah 18 million dollars a season. Chandler Parsons and Ryan Anderson making over 20+ million dollars a season. I guess with all this money in the league, GMs might as well give it out like its water.

MTone8788
03-19-2018, 07:15 AM
LUOL needs to play. He is a good player. Especially on the ****ing lakers of all teams.

Soooo, Luol Deng is the reason you watch games? That seems a bit odd.

I guess you haven't noticed that the Lakers are 16-9 in their last 25 games, so I think they are managing decently without him.

Welp, see ya later.

beasted86
03-19-2018, 09:17 AM
Funny thing is even if Deng produced on a slower decline to how he had been producing in Miami, he would still be a bad contract drawing little interest in a salary dump. Even if he was a 10/5 with 34% 3PT type of stretch 4 with solid defense, he would still be unwanted.

Hornets have that player in Marvin Williams making less and are having a really difficult time moving him.

Giannis94
03-19-2018, 10:28 AM
Soooo, Luol Deng is the reason you watch games? That seems a bit odd.

I guess you haven't noticed that the Lakers are 16-9 in their last 25 games, so I think they are managing decently without him.

Welp, see ya later.

Absolutely. Luol is a reason to watch the Lakers

Vinylman
03-19-2018, 01:24 PM
This is why the viewpoints of the NBA forum are meaningless...

It is obvious people don't watch the pace the Lakers play at and can't simply understand that you don't introduce a boat anchor into that.

PSD NBA forum... where brain cells go to die

warfelg
03-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Luol is a drag on the Lakers and was as bad a signing now as it was then. They are better off with him sitting doing nothing than being there. In fact might be good for Luol that they don’t want him there as he’s got the year to get himself right.

TylerSL
03-19-2018, 02:17 PM
It's really unfortunate that the Lakers don't play him, but he couldn't not take the deal they offered. His best option now would be to get traded but it's unlikely that he could be moved unless LA included a real asset in any trade. If the Lakers could sign a max level player they may be inclined to trade some of their young talent if it would also free up Deng's contract so they open even more cap space. Who knows, but at the end of the day Deng got his money.

Vinylman
03-19-2018, 02:45 PM
It's really unfortunate that the Lakers don't play him, but he couldn't not take the deal they offered. His best option now would be to get traded but it's unlikely that he could be moved unless LA included a real asset in any trade. If the Lakers could sign a max level player they may be inclined to trade some of their young talent if it would also free up Deng's contract so they open even more cap space. Who knows, but at the end of the day Deng got his money.

and that's all he cares about

And to be clear I am not saying that is a bad thing...

Jim and Mitch were so incompetent that they not only offered an additional year but more per year than his only other real suitor (Washington) was offering...

ldawg
03-19-2018, 06:41 PM
The last player that was old and soft was Gasol. The team is rebuilding and Deng is not a rebuilding chip. Nothing wrong with Deng.

Giannis94
03-19-2018, 07:03 PM
PSD NBA forum... where brain cells go to die

Lolol.

kobe4thewinbang
03-19-2018, 11:35 PM
If Luol Deng really cared about playing, he would have the one pushing a buy-out a long time ago. The Lakers do have the highest pace in the league I believe, and Deng is an albatross (both financially and on the court) so it just goes to show you how lost Mitch & Jimmy Buss were at the time of signing him. I don't know why the Lakers are trying to wait him out. It's clear he's not going to be bought out. Just cut him. Show you're willing to move on from bad choices. Having Deng around is a sad reminder of the old front office's poor decisions; every time Lonzo looks at Deng, he probably goes "Man, that could be one or two quality players instead helping us." Nope, he just sees Deng's face.

Vinylman
03-20-2018, 08:19 AM
If Luol Deng really cared about playing, he would have the one pushing a buy-out a long time ago. The Lakers do have the highest pace in the league I believe, and Deng is an albatross (both financially and on the court) so it just goes to show you how lost Mitch & Jimmy Buss were at the time of signing him. I don't know why the Lakers are trying to wait him out. It's clear he's not going to be bought out. Just cut him. Show you're willing to move on from bad choices. Having Deng around is a sad reminder of the old front office's poor decisions; every time Lonzo looks at Deng, he probably goes "Man, that could be one or two quality players instead helping us." Nope, he just sees Deng's face.

there is no way the lakers will cut him... zero chance of that ... they are in wait and see mode to see what happens in FA...

If they land the big names they will move him in a trade by adding pieces...

If they don't land big names they will attempt to buy him out again (which I doubt happens) or just suck it up another year...

Until the Lakers have a "reason" to move him they will be patient... as they should be.

Personally, I hope he doesn't agree to a buyout and rots for the next two years on the bench.