PDA

View Full Version : Who's coaching Cleveland?

Giannis94
03-16-2018, 11:33 AM
See below. Do you think there would be much difference in terms of W/L if you removed Lue and hired no replacement?

https://247sports.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/Bolt/WATCH-LeBron-James-goes-OFF-on-Tyronn-Lue-116299564

TrueFan420
03-16-2018, 11:37 AM
Probably not. Lue isn't much of a coach. Now you give them a real coach and make them play an actual system and they'd vastly improve.

Giannis94
03-16-2018, 11:41 AM
Probably not. Lue isn't much of a coach. Now you give them a real coach and make them play an actual system and they'd vastly improve.

But even though they don;t have a coach, they do play with 3 additional reffs at all times. So it off-sets each other?

Scoots
03-16-2018, 12:25 PM

Only if the players actually played within the system and the system was a good one. Every team I've seen with LeBron seems to eventually play LeBron ball regardless of the other members of the team and regardless of the coach.

Giannis94
03-16-2018, 12:30 PM
Only if the players actually played within the system and the system was a good one. Every team I've seen with LeBron seems to eventually play LeBron ball regardless of the other members of the team and regardless of the coach.

Very true.

WaDe03
03-16-2018, 12:41 PM
But even though they don;t have a coach, they do play with 3 additional reffs at all times. So it off-sets each other?

Giannis gets more calls than LeBron.

TrueFan420
03-16-2018, 12:44 PM

Very true and that's in part because of Bron and I've been vocal about that in the past. He needs to let a coach coach.
He can break the system at times but not for an entire game. I think the right coach can get him to play within a system, he hasn't exactly had an elite coach during his time. And this season should hopefully have driven the point home that he needs to play in a system to max the players around him so he can coast. He isn't the same young guy that can will games on his own.

Giannis94
03-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Giannis gets more calls than LeBron.

lol no. If Giannis got half the calls LeGm did, Giannis would be HOF after the year

Vee-Rex
03-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Lue really isn't much of a coach. Just a guy that's a place-holder.

I can't help but give him SOME credit for our success in the last 3 years. His greatest strength IMO is his strategy and adjustments during the playoffs. He really zeroes in on opponents weaknesses in the playoffs and tries to take advantage of it. Even some of the better coaches don't quite do it as well (coach Bud comes to mind). Because of this (and generally being a decent players coach), I'd say Lue is a below-average coach.

I could create a long list of his flaws for sure.

Giannis94
03-16-2018, 01:06 PM

I can't help but give him SOME credit for our success in the last 3 years. His greatest strength IMO is his strategy and adjustments during the playoffs. He really zeroes in on opponents weaknesses in the playoffs and tries to take advantage of it. Even some of the better coaches don't quite do it as well (coach Bud comes to mind). Because of this (and generally being a decent players coach), I'd say Lue is a below-average coach.

What's the difference between him and the other coaches in CLE? Same story.

WaDe03
03-16-2018, 01:23 PM
lol no. If Giannis got half the calls LeGm did, Giannis would be HOF after the year

He averages 3 more free throws a game than LeBron.

GREATNESS ONE
03-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Championship

Vee-Rex
03-16-2018, 02:22 PM
What's the difference between him and the other coaches in CLE? Same story.

1 championship vs none?

Rain City
03-16-2018, 05:18 PM

agreed.

its a head-scratcher to me that in the regular season the guy is a below average coach for sure IMO, but he's had very good playoff record. legit outreached kerr 2 years ago who is a really good coach. he's like the reverse george karl.