PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James: Playing without Kevin Love challenging for Cavaliers

KnicksorBust
03-16-2018, 07:51 AM
"It's been a long time since I haven't played with another All-Star on my team," James said. "So, having Kev out has been very challenging for all of us. Kev has a big usage rate on our team. He'll get the ball when things get tight, chaotic, we can throw it to him in the low post and get some things going."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22787218/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-says-misses-having-injured-kevin-love-playing-alongside-him

FlashBolt
03-16-2018, 08:27 AM
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/974611729387843584

This is the bigger story haha

Redrum187
03-17-2018, 09:20 AM
Oh... so LeBron has a tiny taste of what Dirk had to deal with his whole ****ing career? Neat.

Chronz
03-17-2018, 09:47 AM
Oh... so LeBron has a tiny taste of what Dirk had to deal with his whole ****ing career? Neat.

Dirk started his career with a big 3 and an owner who loved to spend. If anything Cuban might've ruined a good team by surrounding him with too many all stars.

IKnowHoops
03-17-2018, 12:29 PM

I agree! Nash and Finley were pure trash!!!!!

europagnpilgrim
03-17-2018, 01:18 PM
Dirk started his career with a big 3 and an owner who loved to spend. If anything Cuban might've ruined a good team by surrounding him with too many all stars.

Nuff said

Giannis94
03-17-2018, 01:29 PM
LeGm is soooooooo soft.

Vee-Rex
03-17-2018, 02:17 PM
Nowadays if you're not playing with at least one all-star beside you, you won't really be able to compete with the top teams.

Look at Draymond Green. Without KD, Steph, and Klay, his Warriors got smashed at home to a tanking Kings team.

Can't really say I blame LeBron since he has been without his 2nd best player for nearly 2 months now.

beasted86
03-17-2018, 02:44 PM
I don't know.

I think overall the Cavs are just poorly coached.

Teams like Denver, Clippers, and Miami have a similar record to the Cavs and have nobody remotely near the level of LeBron. It can almost be argued Love is better than anyone on those teams also.

They should be better than they are. It doesn't help LeBron takes lots of plays off defensively, and is a seemingly mediocre leader the way he shifts blame or throws teammates under the bus.

IKnowHoops
03-17-2018, 02:50 PM
I don't know.

I think overall the Cavs are just poorly coached.

Teams like Denver, Clippers, and Miami have a similar record to the Cavs and have nobody remotely near the level of LeBron. It can almost be argued Love is better than anyone on those teams also.

They should be better than they are. It doesn't help LeBron takes lots of plays off defensively, and is a seemingly mediocre leader the way he shifts blame or throws teammates under the bus.

Agreed, those 7 straight finals trips scream mediocre leader

europagnpilgrim
03-17-2018, 02:55 PM

how many finals his first 7 seasons? I am pro Bron but you have to look at the entire full body, not the past 7 seasons, I think personally leadership is overblown in sports because men lead themselves and collectively when done its called ''good team chemistry'', my way or the highway gets old, especially after 15yrs, Bron hasn't adjusted his game with or without top talent and he shouldn't because being the most dominant comes with pros and cons, if he was really ready to give the keys to Irving as he stated after the trade happened then being a good leader would have been doing that during the 3yr run or at latest right after the finals loss, Bron was never going to give no keys to his castle away, that is not how a mainstream king operates

as I have said LeBron is staying in Cleveland or signing with a texas team with cali team in 3rd

I really hope him and KD find a way to team up just so I can read more trash bashing

beasted86
03-17-2018, 02:58 PM

So let me just ask. Are you suggesting that his teams over the past 7 years have surpassed their "paper talent" to get to those 7 finals by him leading them beyond their capability otherwise?

Over the past 7 years LeBron's locker rooms have been filled with finger pointing, head coach tension, players only meetings, trade rumors, and free agency hostages. LeBron and his leadership has not been "good". It's been mediocre at best. If he was a great leader Kyrie would have never asked for an out.

Redrum187
03-17-2018, 03:06 PM

I suppose you're technically right. Dirk did play with Nash and Finley for a few years. I'll amend my statement...

"Oh... so LeBron has a tiny taste of what Dirk had to deal with most of his ****ing career? Neat."

Redrum187
03-17-2018, 03:09 PM
I agree! Nash and Finley were pure trash!!!!!

Pre-prime Nash wasn't trash, but he wasn't his MVP primed self either. Finley kind of sucks honestly... Sure, 22 points a game is nice, but not when you're taking 20 shots to get it. The dude was Chris Webber/Antoine Walker bad when it came to efficiency.

ewing
03-17-2018, 05:10 PM
So let me just ask. Are you suggesting that his teams over the past 7 years have surpassed their "paper talent" to get to those 7 finals by him leading them beyond their capability otherwise?

Over the past 7 years LeBron's locker rooms have been filled with finger pointing, head coach tension, players only meetings, trade rumors, and free agency hostages. LeBron and his leadership has not been "good". It's been mediocre at best. If he was a great leader Kyrie would have never asked for an out.

Boom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
03-17-2018, 06:55 PM
how many finals his first 7 seasons? I am pro Bron but you have to look at the entire full body, not the past 7 seasons, I think personally leadership is overblown in sports because men lead themselves and collectively when done its called ''good team chemistry'', my way or the highway gets old, especially after 15yrs, Bron hasn't adjusted his game with or without top talent and he shouldn't because being the most dominant comes with pros and cons, if he was really ready to give the keys to Irving as he stated after the trade happened then being a good leader would have been doing that during the 3yr run or at latest right after the finals loss, Bron was never going to give no keys to his castle away, that is not how a mainstream king operates

as I have said LeBron is staying in Cleveland or signing with a texas team with cali team in 3rd

I really hope him and KD find a way to team up just so I can read more trash bashing

Nobody is born a leader. Currently he is arguably the best leader on the planet as he has gone 7 straight times to the finals. Obviously he was not a great leader as a rookie. But heís lead the least talent the farthest consistently. Thatís what the greatest leader does. Iím not gonna label you a bedwetter just because you shay and pissed the bed in your early years. We donít need to look at his whole body. We need to look at what he is today. And today he is the 7 time and reigning eastern conf champ 3 time nba champ 3 time mvp. Today right now, he is an amazing leader.

IKnowHoops
03-17-2018, 06:57 PM

So your saying a happy locker room and less appearances equal better leader?

Iím saying nobody but Bron/Jordan are dominating like that. You confuse leadership with tranquility. I measure it by results.

smith&wesson
03-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Any team would be missing their 2nd best player. Goes with out saying

beasted86
03-17-2018, 07:29 PM

Iím saying nobody but Bron/Jordan are dominating like that. You confuse leadership with tranquility. I measure it by results.

Why didn't you hear any of the problems you hear about LeBron's locker room or player/coach relationship about Jordan? Magic? Bird? Dr. J?

Kareem, sure he switched teams, and sure his teams fell short when they were viewed as the team to beat that resulted in a Finals loss, but when did he get a coach fired or berate them in public? How many times did Kobe's teams have a player's only meeting? When did Duncan ever throw teammates under the bus? Even when he was considering going to Orlando did he necessarily hold the Spurs hostage or make demands known to the public? When did anyone ask to be traded from the Jordan Bulls?

There's a stark difference in how LeBron and his teams have discord. He's a great player and an okay leader, but he could have been the GOAT if he had better leadership and handled the public eye better.

FlashBolt
03-17-2018, 08:16 PM

Soooo remember when I said George Hill won't be as good as you think?

KingPosey
03-17-2018, 10:00 PM
Lebron has to show Kevin Love respect now, I bet he HATES it

KingPosey
03-17-2018, 10:04 PM
Nobody is born a leader. Currently he is arguably the best leader on the planet as he has gone 7 straight times to the finals. Obviously he was not a great leader as a rookie. But heís lead the least talent the farthest consistently. Thatís what the greatest leader does. Iím not gonna label you a bedwetter just because you shay and pissed the bed in your early years. We donít need to look at his whole body. We need to look at what he is today. And today he is the 7 time and reigning eastern conf champ 3 time nba champ 3 time mvp. Today right now, he is an amazing leader.no he is not one of the best leaders in the nba. Heís not much of a leader at all, OFF of the floor.

FlashBolt
03-17-2018, 10:21 PM
no he is not one of the best leaders in the nba. Heís not much of a leader at all, OFF of the floor.

How do you know if he is a leader off the floor or not? He can't help it if Kyrie found out Cavs management wanted to trade him so he wanted out.

Chronz
03-17-2018, 11:17 PM
Why didn't you hear any of the problems you hear about LeBron's locker room or player/coach relationship about Jordan? Magic? Bird? Dr. J?

Kareem, sure he switched teams, and sure his teams fell short when they were viewed as the team to beat that resulted in a Finals loss, but when did he get a coach fired or berate them in public? How many times did Kobe's teams have a player's only meeting? When did Duncan ever throw teammates under the bus? Even when he was considering going to Orlando did he necessarily hold the Spurs hostage or make demands known to the public? When did anyone ask to be traded from the Jordan Bulls?

There's a stark difference in how LeBron and his teams have discord. He's a great player and an okay leader, but he could have been the GOAT if he had better leadership and handled the public eye better.

You did find out with those players. Magic was a well known coach killer, dude would **** on his coach day 1 of summer camp too. Kobe called his own meetings and cussed everyone the **** out, publicly shat on a teammate for not getting traded for a declining player once. Doc was a great leader but it held him back when he should've taken reign of the team. Don't remember much on kaj but that could easily be due to lack of coverage and Kareem well known hatred of the media, I remember grumblings, seewhat I can bury up.

MJ had that whole jordan rules expose and was abit of an *** hole early and later on to his teammates.

KingPosey
03-18-2018, 01:11 AM
How do you know if he is a leader off the floor or not? He can't help it if Kyrie found out Cavs management wanted to trade him so he wanted out.
Lol thatís a serious question?

You can either lead through your words or your play. He clearly leads through his play because heís that good. Heís an AWFUL leader in any other capacity other than being an exceptional basketball player because heís a turd. Wtf kind of question is that lol

Also I canít stand when people try to win an argument with a question like that. I canít possiblg know so I canít speak on it, but you donít realize by trying to argue that way it also means your opinion doesnít mean **** either, since you canít possibly know either, so according to you we canít even debate the topic. People constantly ruin topics and debates by talking similar stances.

You donít like the other side of the argument so you go to a qualifier of essentially only
People with intimate knowledge can discuss it, hoping you can just stomp
Your feet like a little kid and end the discussion with one of the most childish styles of argument ever.

FlashBolt
03-18-2018, 09:14 AM
Lol thatís a serious question?

You can either lead through your words or your play. He clearly leads through his play because heís that good. Heís an AWFUL leader in any other capacity other than being an exceptional basketball player because heís a turd. Wtf kind of question is that lol

Also I canít stand when people try to win an argument with a question like that. I canít possiblg know so I canít speak on it, but you donít realize by trying to argue that way it also means your opinion doesnít mean **** either, since you canít possibly know either, so according to you we canít even debate the topic. People constantly ruin topics and debates by talking similar stances.

You donít like the other side of the argument so you go to a qualifier of essentially only
People with intimate knowledge can discuss it, hoping you can just stomp
Your feet like a little kid and end the discussion with one of the most childish styles of argument ever.

Wtf are you saying? Are you some kind of poet? Unless you have inside knowledge of what's going on, provide it. By all accounts, his teammates love him and say he's one of the most generous players they have ever played with. You have no idea what gets reported or not so you're only basing his off-court leadership off your lack of information. If he is a terrible leader, please provide evidence of teammates (more than a few) that have criticized his leadership. It's funny you talk about off-court leadership when you aren't the one who is around him - that's my point. Of course I don't know but considering there are more examples of him being a GOOD leader rather than a BAD leader, I am siding with him being a good leader. Look at how many players follow his team. But hey, he's a bad leader because KingPosey said so. Your ending few sentences are weird as hell. What a creep.

IKnowHoops
03-18-2018, 11:50 AM

Magic got a coach fired

Jordan punched a teammate in the face

Kobe and Shaq split cause they couldnít stand each other

All these guys had too 3 coaches in the league, Lebron never had that.

These guys were worse at leading and did less leader like things. Lebron is about winning. Some of these guys above were about there stats first.

tredigs
03-18-2018, 02:32 PM
Nowadays if you're not playing with at least one all-star beside you, you won't really be able to compete with the top teams.

Look at Draymond Green. Without KD, Steph, and Klay, his Warriors got smashed at home to a tanking Kings team.

Can't really say I blame LeBron since he has been without his 2nd best player for nearly 2 months now.

A) Draymond is not Lebron, so that is a pretty odd comparison on the outset lol.

B) "Smashed" is an interesting way to describe a game that was tied with 50 seconds left.

C) Kings did beat the Heat the night before and were tied with the hottest team in the NBA (Utah... winners of 19 of 20) on a road b2b last night with a minute to go. They're competing at the very least.

D) More whining from the Queen. What's new.

MRSpock
03-19-2018, 10:41 PM

I would say Lebron has easily at the very least met expectations. He beat IMO a better and more talented Spurs team that was better coach, and then lost to that same team. He also lost to Dallas, but also beat a 73 win team with a much more talented overall roster and again better coaching.

That to me is the #1 thing when talking about Lebron. He has had terrible coaches his entire career. Never better than average. You can't find me many players that have been able to continue winning without good coaching.

P.S. I get the feeling some of you don't know what a "good leader" is. A good leader isn't infallible lol.

aman_13
03-19-2018, 11:07 PM
I'm very happy to see Love back on the court. Nice to see him look good as well.

Wednesday night should be a fun one!

kobe4thewinbang
03-19-2018, 11:31 PM
Look at the Cavaliers roster:

Jordan Clarkson
JR Smith
Kyle Korver
Rodney Hood
George Hill
Tristan Thompson
Larry Nance
Jeff Green

and some rookies

That's a nice mix of players. Most teams don't have names like that. Sure, Love's been out with injury. But they also dealt Kyrie Irving, who's mostly been killing it on his new team, and they traded the all-star capable player they got for him, downgrading to a mix of good but not all star players. Gotta roll with the tide, LBJ!

As this team is currently constructed, they'll have two all-star players. This was their choice. Honestly, firing David Griffin will probably go down as the starting point of it all for this team's demise. He had all-star on the brain when he whiffed on Jimmy Butler and Paul George. LeBron's just coming down from that new high he got from the new players at first.

They're still more effective than the old roster (Kyrie excluded) but he sounds pretty whiney to me. Thompson should be an all-star with that contract, and LeBron fought for him to get it along with JR Smith. Those two dudes been hella trash for them ever since. When Jeff freaking Green has to drop 20 points for you to win, maybe it's time to start going "Hmm...I kinda regret re-signing those two other guys."

goingfor28
03-20-2018, 12:26 AM
A) Draymond is not Lebron, so that is a pretty odd comparison on the outset lol.

B) "Smashed" is an interesting way to describe a game that was tied with 50 seconds left.

C) Kings did beat the Heat the night before and were tied with the hottest team in the NBA (Utah... winners of 19 of 20) on a road b2b last night with a minute to go. They're competing at the very least.

D) More whining from the Queen. What's new.Calling LeBron "queen" when the biggest vag in professional sports is on your team. That's cute.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

europagnpilgrim
03-20-2018, 12:32 AM
Imagine that, Lebron realizes he is not a spring chicken anymore, a 23 yr old Bron was carrying this type of squad to 60+ wins because he had the energy for the full game minutes he played in, he was in chase down mode pretty much the whole game and now he is in play the lane/gamble mode for most part outside of 3-5 minutes per game

this is another reason why I highly praise players in the past like the early years of Iverson/Tmac, if they were to say the same thing they would be like I am waiting on Eric Snow to come back or Mike Miller to come back, at least Love is proven legit all star caliber and was clear alpha prior to joining Cavs

Lebron has to decide this summer if he values control over actually competing for titles to end his career, which is probably for 5 more seasons since he has publicly stated he wants to play with his son who will probably enter straight out just like his dad if they change the rule before he is eligible which is like 3-4yrs I think, on some Griffey father son ish

Every player needs a all star or two so I get where Bron is coming from but if he had gave the keys to Irving he would still have Superman in tow while just now getting Robin back, its hard to beat Hulk/Superman/Robin, even Warriors knew that and went and got their version of Hulk, or the 2nd best player behind Lebron this era, and some feel he could be 1a

from a pure bball/winning rings standpoint Rockets or healthy/focused Leonard Spurs squad is best choice, Rockets more so his style from coaching and personnel view, Pop is highly more regarded but as a player I would much rather play for Mike D style, CP3 helps as well since I think he is the godfather of Bron son/kids, you don't do that unless you are real tight with that person

from a overblown business perspective it would be Lakers, the glamour would be crazy and if he somehow won a ring with Lakers he would be most definitely be equal by most or over Jordan by his fanatics by winning a title with 3 diff. franchises and having those supreme overall across the board stats to back him up easily

on that note if I were him I would stay with the Cavs, if it were me I would easily chose a texas team, the top 2 that is of right now, Miami a close 3rd, then new York knicks or Nets, depends on who gives me the red carpet treatment the best, recruiting matters

smith&wesson
03-20-2018, 01:10 AM
You did find out with those players. Magic was a well known coach killer, dude would **** on his coach day 1 of summer camp too. Kobe called his own meetings and cussed everyone the **** out, publicly shat on a teammate for not getting traded for a declining player once. Doc was a great leader but it held him back when he should've taken reign of the team. Don't remember much on kaj but that could easily be due to lack of coverage and Kareem well known hatred of the media, I remember grumblings, seewhat I can bury up.

MJ had that whole jordan rules expose and was abit of an *** hole early and later on to his teammates.

Jordan punched Kerr in the mouth during practice once... so thereís that also. Lol

tredigs
03-20-2018, 01:59 AM
Calling LeBron "queen" when the biggest vag in professional sports is on your team. That's cute.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
eh. KD? Who cares about KD. He doesn't pretend to be "The Chosen One". He's just a baller through and through. But, there are plenty of reasons to clown him. And I'm all for it. Lebron is still a *****.

The only superstars without frill and constant BS are Curry, Kawhi, and I may now include AD into that category.

FlashBolt
03-20-2018, 07:32 AM
eh. KD? Who cares about KD. He doesn't pretend to be "The Chosen One". He's just a baller through and through. But, there are plenty of reasons to clown him. And I'm all for it. Lebron is still a *****.

The only superstars without frill and constant BS are Curry, Kawhi, and I may now include AD into that category.

Neither of which carry the same expectations, following, business acumen, responsibility, and legacy as LeBron. It's an irrelevant argument being made. Outside of Timmy D, no one that highly regarded has made it out of NBA drama-free. MJ, Magic, Shaq, Kobe. All had their baggage. Does LeBron have more or is social media just more prevalent? I mean, if social media was present when MJ punched Kerr and mocked McCray, this would make LeBron seem like a Saint. How many people even remember that Kobe told his own teammates they weren't allowed to speak to him? Jesus..

FlashBolt
03-20-2018, 07:35 AM
Look at the Cavaliers roster:

Jordan Clarkson
JR Smith
Kyle Korver
Rodney Hood
George Hill
Tristan Thompson
Larry Nance
Jeff Green

and some rookies

That's a nice mix of players. Most teams don't have names like that. Sure, Love's been out with injury. But they also dealt Kyrie Irving, who's mostly been killing it on his new team, and they traded the all-star capable player they got for him, downgrading to a mix of good but not all star players. Gotta roll with the tide, LBJ!

As this team is currently constructed, they'll have two all-star players. This was their choice. Honestly, firing David Griffin will probably go down as the starting point of it all for this team's demise. He had all-star on the brain when he whiffed on Jimmy Butler and Paul George. LeBron's just coming down from that new high he got from the new players at first.

They're still more effective than the old roster (Kyrie excluded) but he sounds pretty whiney to me. Thompson should be an all-star with that contract, and LeBron fought for him to get it along with JR Smith. Those two dudes been hella trash for them ever since. When Jeff freaking Green has to drop 20 points for you to win, maybe it's time to start going "Hmm...I kinda regret re-signing those two other guys."

That's not the problem. The problem is, Rodney, Korver, Nance, and Love were ALL out for some games and in the others, it was a combination of some players. In short, Cavs have not been healthy since these trades were made. We have not seen the best of the Cavs. Nance and Love together is a great combo because you have Nance who can help create for others rather than TT who just stands in the paint waiting for a rebound. And then you have Zizic now who can be a great option if TT can't give you anything. We have to be more patient with this team to be honest.

MRSpock
03-20-2018, 01:10 PM

Nah instead of pretending to be the chosen one, KD is pretending to be a tough guy this year. Really shouldn't bring up pretending on KD lol. KD is the biggest phony in the league.

prodigy
03-21-2018, 09:52 AM

I agree with most of this. I've been complaining about these points for years now. I think Lebron is a great business man, great basketball IQ and i think he's a excellent leader on the floor. BUT his idea of not resigning unless the team does something first hurts the team from actually doing something lol. For whatever reason lebron refuses to understand that. Even Lebrons first time in Cleveland he hurt the team big time. I remember when Ron Artest and Frye (neither anything special i know) both wanted to sign with cavs but needed a verbal commit from Lebron. He wouldn't do it. This past off-season with Bledsoe and George possibly coming to Cleveland. Cavs wanted a commit, Lebron said no.

I think along with the Mavs series will be the 2 huge black spots on lebrons career. I still think hes the best pure basketball player ever, its only debatable because of some bad decisions hes made.

prodigy
03-21-2018, 09:57 AM
That's not the problem. The problem is, Rodney, Korver, Nance, and Love were ALL out for some games and in the others, it was a combination of some players. In short, Cavs have not been healthy since these trades were made. We have not seen the best of the Cavs. Nance and Love together is a great combo because you have Nance who can help create for others rather than TT who just stands in the paint waiting for a rebound. And then you have Zizic now who can be a great option if TT can't give you anything. We have to be more patient with this team to be honest.

Zizic has been a beast! the only good thing about Injuries is it allows other guys to step up and he has. Legit 7 footer who can run, defend, good hands and finish. Zizic, Love, Lebron, Hood, Hill is a real good team once everyone gets back. TT, Nance, Green, Krover, Clarkson, Smith, Osman is a very solid bench.

Not saying the Cavs will win ship, GS rigged that 2 seasons ago and are now resting their guys. But i'd be shocked if Cavs were not back in the finals.