PDA

View Full Version : Julius Randle: Will the Lakers keep him? If not, what team signs him?

kobe4thewinbang
03-13-2018, 01:43 AM
So, I've been curious about Randle's future for a while now. Most of the Lakers fanbase here and abroad seem to be anti-Randle, but I've always liked him. Just this last game, he dropped 36 and 15 against the Cavaliers. His numbers have flipped in some categories...

2017 vs 2018
Shooting: 48%/56%
Rebounding: 8.6pg/7.7pg
Assisting: 3.6pg/2.5pg
Free throw attempting: 3.8pg/4.7pg

His steals and blocks are basically the same, free throw shooting, turnovers, etc. My question is, after trading away Larry Nance, and there not really being a lot of PFs available this summer in free agency, will the Lakers keep him do you think? If they let him go, what team do you think would benefit from signing him?

https://thebiglead.com/2018/03/12/julius-randle-lakers-free-agent-contract-sign/
https://lakeshowlife.com/2018/03/08/julius-randle-assessing-value-in-2018-free-agency/

The Lakers also have Kyle Kuzma, but comparitvely, he grabs about two less rebounds and plays 5 more minutes per game. We all know Kuzma is a sharpshooter unlike Randle, but he shoots worse at 44% overall and 36% from 3PT range. He averages less assists and less free throw attempts. In today's NBA, maybe the Lakers can get away with Kuzma at the 4, but they will need some guys off the bench since they're clearly not playing Frye much and definitely not Deng.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/randlju01.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kuzmaky01.html

So maybe the Lakers keep Randle and keep bouncing Kuzma at both positions, but I have yet to see any reports that echo this sentiment.

More-Than-Most
03-13-2018, 02:04 AM
Lakers fans acted like 11/10 grows on trees... he is their best player by far but if he wants like 4-80 you let him walk... good player but his potential is limited.

Storch
03-13-2018, 02:32 AM
16-18 mil 4 years with the last year as player option

FlashBolt
03-13-2018, 03:40 AM
Good players on bad teams aren't worth that kind of contract. And he can't shoot from three at all.

Scoots
03-13-2018, 09:25 AM
With or without the Lakers he'll probably be overpaid even though he is a good player.

Vinylman
03-13-2018, 09:48 AM
Lakers fans acted like 11/10 grows on trees... he is their best player by far but if he wants like 4-80 you let him walk... good player but his potential is limited.

LMFAO

posts like this are affirmation of your low BBIQ

Mr.B
03-13-2018, 10:24 AM
If Dallas ends up picking in the 7-10 range in the draft (Mikal Bridges) I could see them targeting Randle to fill that PF spot. Also donít be surprised if Nerlens is retained by the Mavs as well.

Vinylman
03-13-2018, 11:30 AM
If Dallas ends up picking in the 7-10 range in the draft (Mikal Bridges) I could see them targeting Randle to fill that PF spot. Also donít be surprised if Nerlens is retained by the Mavs as well.

of course... you guys have killed his value ... why not sign him to a favorable deal at this point

KnicksorBust
03-13-2018, 11:35 AM

That's the funny thing. I feel like they do. Knicks have a guy Luke Kornet. First game of his NBA Career 11 points 10 rebounds. He basically hasn't played since. Even if an NBA team starts it's 8-9-10-11-12th best players someone still has to get the stats.

Vinylman
03-13-2018, 11:49 AM
That's the funny thing. I feel like they do. Knicks have a guy Luke Kornet. First game of his NBA Career 11 points 10 rebounds. He basically hasn't played since. Even if an NBA team starts it's 8-9-10-11-12th best players someone still has to get the stats.

what is even funnier is you two are talking apples and oranges MTM is impressed by the 11/10 and you aren't yet your hate for the Lakers is so palpable you will even want to agree when you disagree...

now that is funny

GREATNESS ONE
03-13-2018, 11:51 AM
LMFAO

:clap:

GREATNESS ONE
03-13-2018, 11:52 AM
what is even funnier is you two are talking apples and oranges MTM is impressed by the 11/10 and you aren't yet your hate for the Lakers is so palpable you will even want to agree when you disagree...

now that is funny

Lolz get em!

KnicksorBust
03-13-2018, 12:00 PM

now that is funny

Your post makes no sense. He is impressed by 11/10. I'm not impressed by hollow stats. Then you reference my lakers hate? You must have fallen off that tree where these double doubles grow on bc I like the Lakers.

Vinylman
03-13-2018, 12:20 PM
Your post makes no sense. He is impressed by 11/10. I'm not impressed by hollow stats. Then you reference my lakers hate? You must have fallen off that tree where these double doubles grow on bc I like the Lakers.

LOLOLOLOL

my post stands and your two positions on the matter are quite clear and diametrically opposed....

IndyRealist
03-13-2018, 01:23 PM
Randle took a big leap forward offensively this year. That could be improvement or it could be an aberration. I don't like to pay players who are suddenly good in contract years.

Also, just looking at this thread affirms why Lakers fans have a reputation. Literally nothing of value added to the conversation outside of Kobe.

More-Than-Most
03-13-2018, 01:39 PM
LMFAO

tell me who is better on the lakers.... tell me who is putting up a better season

randle- 15/8/2.5 on 56 percent shooting in 26 mpg... he has a per 36 of 22/11/4

ingrams per 36- 17/6/4

More-Than-Most
03-13-2018, 01:40 PM

the funny thing is he just sees rage and thought we were both talking trash about the lakers and instantly decided we were idiots and wrong without actually reading the posts.

europagnpilgrim
03-13-2018, 01:43 PM
He is the player that could be used by very good teams and piss poor teams, I could see the Spurs or Mavs pitching a bid, Knicks could use some thump like a Randle, he plays hard especially when he is locked in, he is like a better version of PJ Tucker without the 3 shot but better on the block and he loves to get physical and seeks contact, throwback style player

wherever he goes he will be in line with the overpaid players like Adams/Bazemore etc. if Hardaway jr. can get what he got then I don't see why Randle wont draw anywhere between 60-80mill, Bazemore got like 96mill and put up like 12-13ppg this season, Randle and whoever else is young and restricted is going to get paid big time, overpaid that is but its the nature of the market and it never hurts when you can basically print money, or contractually create it unlimited

that's what is so funny about this cap space stuff, its a mirage because all corporations act in unlimited false capacity, the cap is only created to trick the average fanatic follower that is must be a limit to things no matter the dollar amount, NBA should have the same cap as nfl around 170mill, and if not that high at least in the 140 range with this crazy new tv deal that just kicked in

there is no legit salary cap especially when combine all the owners net worth/team worth into play, Ballmer is worth 20billion by himself, dropped 2 billion just to purchase the team, he can pay for every team full salary right now and not blink, now add the other owners and now you see what I am talking about with this stupid salary cap game

Hawkeye15
03-13-2018, 01:47 PM
I mean, he is a good player, and will have a very nice career, but he is expendable. He doesn't have range, and is kind of a tweener, so he will likely bounce around some. You can't depend on him being one of your better players, but you could do worse as the first big off the bench type..

More-Than-Most
03-13-2018, 01:51 PM
If you want to go by the eye test like i know some of you do then that points to randle as well because he is the one constant during this big time run where ball and ingram have missed time and kuzma has been trash....

you want articles and opinions from lakers people or balls father himself? we have those as well. So i am waiting to hear how he isnt their best player.

LaVar Ball
03-13-2018, 02:25 PM
tell me who is better on the lakers.... tell me who is putting up a better season

ingrams per 36- 17/6/4
Best stats doesnít equate to best season

LaVar Ball
03-13-2018, 02:26 PM
If you want to go by the eye test like i know some of you do then that points to randle as well because he is the one constant during this big time run where ball and ingram have missed time and kuzma has been trash....

you want articles and opinions from lakers people or balls father himself? we have those as well. So i am waiting to hear how he isnt their best player.

Ingram has only missed the last few games. Heís been by far our most consistent player.

You donít watch laker games. GTFO dude

KnicksorBust
03-13-2018, 02:34 PM
LOLOLOLOL

my post stands and your two positions on the matter are quite clear and diametrically opposed....

I'll try one more time. I'm a glutton for punishment. You said that I want to agree with him. I don't see where I indicated that at all? He says they don't grow on trees. I think it is very possible to get empty stats on a bad team. How am I trying to agree with him at all when I am saying the "diametrically opposite" opinion. I also don't see how I am a Lakers hater either. That has to be the most tame Lakers bashing of all-time. This is either a bad troll or I am missing something. Plus all these years of praising Kobe for nothing. :laugh:

KnicksorBust
03-13-2018, 02:36 PM
the funny thing is he just sees rage and thought we were both talking trash about the lakers and instantly decided we were idiots and wrong without actually reading the posts.

Yeah he might have you pegged but no clue why I'm getting caught in the cross-fire. :) Just kidding...

More-Than-Most
03-13-2018, 02:38 PM
Ingram has only missed the last few games. Heís been by far our most consistent player.

and there it is... there it is... he did it... HE DID IT... when all else fails the stats etc and you have no comeback its YOU DONT WATCH LAKER GAMES. :pity:

More-Than-Most
03-13-2018, 02:39 PM
Yeah he might have you pegged but no clue why I'm getting caught in the cross-fire. :) Just kidding...

yea... i tend to get these guys fired up because they believe that watching the games is the far superior way to evaluating all players talents and nothing else matters.

IndyRealist
03-13-2018, 02:53 PM

How is KCP not your most consistent player?

Cal827
03-13-2018, 02:57 PM
He's very good, but unfortunately, he might be hampered by how the game is changing from beyond the arc. To be a C in the league today and get consistent long playing time, you need to be elite.

I think someone said already, he's good, but expendable. I'd love to have him and I think he can contribute on a good team (E.g. Kinda like Faried), but if you can get a star, currently, he'd probably be the main contract going back.

With the current cap situation, they might be able to sign him to a decent contract, but if one of the rebuilding teams have a lot of cap space, I can see them offering him a big contract (possibly poison pilled too) to force the Lakers hand, and I could see it happen kinda early in the off-season too, to try to mess with LA's plans :laugh2:

IndyRealist
03-13-2018, 03:03 PM
He's very good, but unfortunately, he might be hampered by how the game is changing from beyond the arc. To be a C in the league today and get consistent long playing time, you need to be elite.

I think someone said already, he's good, but expendable. I'd love to have him and I think he can contribute on a good team (E.g. Kinda like Faried), but if you can get a star, currently, he'd probably be the main contract going back.

With the current cap situation, they might be able to sign him to a decent contract, but if one of the rebuilding teams have a lot of cap space, I can see them offering him a big contract (possibly poison pilled too) to force the Lakers hand, and I could see it happen kinda early in the off-season too, to try to mess with LA's plans :laugh2:

Pretty sure you can't poison pill a 4yr player.

GREATNESS ONE
03-13-2018, 05:32 PM

Lolz he really doesnít, has watched some of them so Iíll give him that but not even close to half or more let alone every single one.

lakerfan85
03-13-2018, 07:13 PM
****ing Laker fans...

More-Than-Most
03-14-2018, 12:29 AM
randle as we speak doing his best to carry per usual... but yo he isnt their best player.

Swift Game
03-14-2018, 02:09 AM
Over the last 3 months or so I would say he has been the best player. Kuzma played well early on and has dropped off a bit but has returned the last 3 games or so and is playing out of position.

Randle is starting to get noticed from the entire league.
LeBron also made mention of his play after the game. Teams are starting to game plan for him because the know what he can bring in the Paint. Has a motor like Faried but more skilled on the offensive end. He plays with a chip on his shoulder.

This is really what most were expecting out of Kentucky as of late. I don't see how the Lakers let him walk unless we got our 2 max guys and even then we trade Deng and the Cavs 1st to keep him. Indiana may play along.

Luke and Randle seem to have a good relationship and have a strong feeling he stays. He sort of resembles Zach Randolph in some respect without the jump shot. If he works on his jumper in the off season he could become an excellent player based on what he is showing right now. Not a superstar by any means but just a solid piece.

Vinylman
03-14-2018, 10:49 AM

ingrams per 36- 17/6/4

LMFAO... no team game plans Randle... none

His stats are fundamentally hollow

If you lined up GM's in the league and asked who is the best player on the lakers and who would you want it is simple

BI
LB
IT
Maybe Randle before Kuzma

Guy has a great game against Cleveland who has no interior bodies and he is all of a sudden Superman

Vinylman
03-14-2018, 10:51 AM
I mean, he is a good player, and will have a very nice career, but he is expendable. He doesn't have range, and is kind of a tweener, so he will likely bounce around some. You can't depend on him being one of your better players, but you could do worse as the first big off the bench type..

ding ding ding... he would be Maybe the equivalent of an MWP in the 2010 championship year...

he isn't a top 3 player on a championship team... yet he is expecting to get paid like a top 2

not to mention if you watch him when he goes up against other physical players he has trouble...

Vinylman
03-14-2018, 10:52 AM

I thought randle was

Vinylman
03-14-2018, 10:53 AM
Lolz he really doesnít, has watched some of them so Iíll give him that but not even close to half or more let alone every single one.

it is so funny... MTM loves him some hollow stats

More-Than-Most
03-14-2018, 01:38 PM
ding ding ding... he would be Maybe the equivalent of an MWP in the 2010 championship year...

he isn't a top 3 player on a championship team... yet he is expecting to get paid like a top 2

not to mention if you watch him when he goes up against other physical players he has trouble...

lol of course he isnt a top 3 player on a championship team is that what you think I am arguing????? He is the lakers best player because they arent even close to a championship team... He is statistically better than everyone else and the time you have your most wins falls in line with when his play started to explode... sorry I deal in facts and dont just rely on P,KROEJLFGNJD WATCHED GAMES lololol

More-Than-Most
03-14-2018, 01:39 PM

stats-------------------------------------------->hollow stats------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->Reggie miller on commentary----------------------------------------------------------------------------> Watched games argument.

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 03:09 PM
lol of course he isnt a top 3 player on a championship team is that what you think I am arguing????? He is the lakers best player because they arent even close to a championship team... He is statistically better than everyone else and the time you have your most wins falls in line with when his play started to explode... sorry I deal in facts and dont just rely on P,KROEJLFGNJD WATCHED GAMES lololol

I agree. I think Randle has clearly been the Lakers best performer. Idk who their best player is. Some days it's Ingram, some days Randle, and some days Kuzma. Kuzma has been terrible since January though just like Tatum. But in terms of who has been contributing the most, it's obviously Randle. What they're confused about is higher ceiling. Randle does what he does. He's a bully on the paint and is an automatic two points if you can give him the ball in the right spots. But he'll never be the guy leading you to a championship - which is a moot point considering Lakers are not a championship team at this moment anyways. I mean, is this Ingram or Kuzma a 1-3rd option on a champion team this season? No. So why is Randle supposed to be judged that way?

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 03:11 PM

It's not really hollow if Lakers are having their best stretch of the season and it just so happens to coincide with Randle having the best stretch of his season as well. It's actually pretty evident who has been contributing the most - especially with Ingram being gone.

More-Than-Most
03-14-2018, 03:28 PM
I agree. I think Randle has clearly been the Lakers best performer. Idk who their best player is. Some days it's Ingram, some days Randle, and some days Kuzma. Kuzma has been terrible since January though just like Tatum. But in terms of who has been contributing the most, it's obviously Randle. What they're confused about is higher ceiling. Randle does what he does. He's a bully on the paint and is an automatic two points if you can give him the ball in the right spots. But he'll never be the guy leading you to a championship - which is a moot point considering Lakers are not a championship team at this moment anyways. I mean, is this Ingram or Kuzma a 1-3rd option on a champion team this season? No. So why is Randle supposed to be judged that way?

yea no doubt... Ingram has a massive durant like cieling to me and i loved him so much even over simmons at the time because I figured he was a no chance at busting type player... Meaning he didnt have the potential that simmons had but he didnt have the bust factor that simmons had either... Right now Ingram to me is their most potential guy and is having a damn good 2nd season but he just isnt their best player... Randle is this teams best player and the biggest reason for why they have 31 wins... I wouldnt give him a big contract because he is capped potential wise... He will be a very good player over the next few years for a contending team but is wasted money spent if the lakers resign him because he isnt as good as any max free agent this upcoming free agency and if you sign him you cant get 2 max guys.

GREATNESS ONE
03-14-2018, 04:30 PM
The Lakers experts.

lakerfan85
03-14-2018, 04:40 PM
It's not really hollow if Lakers are having their best stretch of the season and it just so happens to coincide with Randle having the best stretch of his season as well. It's actually pretty evident who has been contributing the most - especially with Ingram being gone.

Actually, for the most part the whole team has played well over this stretch..

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 04:49 PM
Actually, for the most part the whole team has played well over this stretch..

Right. And who has been the most consistent and productive? Don't lie. Lonzo wasn't even part of the winning stretch, Kuzma has been trash lately, and Ingram has been out but the team is still winning. The common denominator is Randle.

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 04:49 PM
The Lakers experts.

Shouldn't 13 year old white girls be playing like... barbies? lolz

WhiteShadow42
03-14-2018, 05:17 PM

Actually no one has been our consistent player. KCP had that bad stretch when he was serving his sentence.

lakerfan85
03-14-2018, 05:28 PM
Right. And who has been the most consistent and productive? Don't lie. Lonzo wasn't even part of the winning stretch, Kuzma has been trash lately, and Ingram has been out but the team is still winning. The common denominator is Randle.

Randle has been great but so have others as well.. Ingram was playing his best b-ball of his nba career before he got hurt.. Kuzma has stepped it up since heís been out.. If Kuz doesnít go off last night in the third the Lakers lose that game.. Lopez and IT have been hot as well..

lakerfan85
03-14-2018, 05:29 PM
Shouldn't 13 year old white girls be playing like... barbies? lolz

I wouldnít be telling people you like to play with barbies..

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 05:40 PM
Randle has been great but so have others as well.. Ingram was playing his best b-ball of his nba career before he got hurt.. Kuzma has stepped it up since heís been out.. If Kuz doesnít go off last night in the third the Lakers lose that game.. Lopez and IT have been hot as well..

Kuzma has been playing like trash the past two months. And none of what you said has countered the argument that Randle has been the best performer for the Lakers. I already said some days, Ingram looks best, some days Kuzma, and some days it's just some random guy like KCP. But Randle has been the most consistent through it all. Show me something that denies that.

WhiteShadow42
03-14-2018, 05:52 PM
yea... i tend to get these guys fired up because they believe that watching the games is the far superior way to evaluating all players talents and nothing else matters.

It's the best way to evaluate talent but not the only way. That's why stats are important also. We can't watch all the NBA games and get a feel for every player so stats have to make up for that.

WhiteShadow42
03-14-2018, 06:08 PM

We went with that brutal schedule in December. We don't know how it would have went even with Randle in the starting lineup. What I feel Randle has made a huge difference is his versatile defense. He can guard 1-5 (well most 5s). That has helped at the end of games. With a couple of exceptions, we actually came back on some of these guys with good defense down the stretch. I think we were top 7 in defensive efficiency during this stretch.

Since January, Randle has been our most consistent player. On the offensive and defensive side.

Hope it's not fools gold though. He is in a contract year and basically he has been playing well for only three and a half months. Who knows if he would have done this all year if he had started to begin with. Unfortunately, like a lot of you have said, he will be overpaid. He is overperforming (if there is such a word) his contract this year and will be underperforming his contract the next 3-5 years.

Personally, I don't know you guys that well so I am not going to make any assumptions on how much Laker games you guys watch. It seems you guys watch more Lakers games than I watch Philly or OKC games.

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 06:11 PM
We went with that brutal schedule in December. We don't know how it would have went even with Randle in the starting lineup. What I feel Randle has made a huge difference is his versatile defense. He can guard 1-5 (well most 5s). That has helped at the end of games. With a couple of exceptions, we actually came back on some of these guys with good defense down the stretch. I think we were top 7 in defensive efficiency during this stretch.

Since January, Randle has been our most consistent player. On the offensive and defensive side.

Hope it's not fools gold though. He is in a contract year and basically he has been playing well for only three and a half months. Who knows if he would have done this all year if he had started to begin with. Unfortunately, like a lot of you have said, he will be overpaid. He is overperforming (if there is such a word) his contract this year and will be underperforming his contract the next 3-5 years.

Personally, I don't know you guys that well so I am not going to make any assumptions on how much Laker games you guys watch. It seems you guys watch more Lakers games than I watch Philly or OKC games.

That's what I'm saying. All it is.

lakerfan85
03-14-2018, 06:51 PM
The discussion was that Randle was the Lakers best player not consistent..

kobe4thewinbang
03-14-2018, 06:52 PM
What about last night? Kuzma *and* Randle both dropping 26 points. I hope people didn't get a vibe that I dislike Kuzma, because he's a steal for sure, has that gunner mentality. How many rookies play like he's played this season, despite his recent bad month.

The Lakers are nearly .500 this season, partly due to Randle's consistent play. There just seems to be a lot of uncertainty with the front office's plans. One day, I see "we want to wait until 2019" but then I hear the "2018 we gonna sign two max players", yet nothing about Randle. You can surely add to the core with that cap space, but don't go for broke, IMO, and definitely re-sign Randle.

If they let him go, maybe Kuzma will ease the blow but they are not the same player as I explained earlier. I did like that little hook shot by Kuzma though and I like to see him also drive to the basket in transition. That's what I like about Randle.

However, I've been hearing the salary cap is constricted this summer and several articles say we ain't gonna be seeing any Evan Turner or Kent Bazemore or :shudders: Luol Deng size deals. Someone said 4 years/80 million, but I don't think Randle nets more than 15 million per year, with this year reportedly being the off year before teams get more freedom (from bad deals they signed during that first cap explosion).
The Los Angeles Lakers avoided awkwardness during their first round of negotiations with Julius Randle. Their talks were "cordial," according to ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, "but everyone understands [the] cap-space issue."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2739388-2018-restricted-free-agents-predicting-contracts-landing-spots-for-top-stars

Due to L.A.'s (too) public plan to pursue multiple superstars next summer, the Lakers have avoided taking on any salaries beyond this season. Randle's potential extension was no different. Getting something done now would have thrown a wrench into their strategy.

But that won't make next summer comfortable. Who knows if Randle is still a starteróor even a Laker, for that matteróby then. L.A. might find it has better options in Larry Nance Jr., Kyle Kuzma or an unnamed All-Star in shining armor. Randle could feel crunched out of the franchise's plans and covet a greater opportunity elsewhere.

"How they value me is how they value me," Randle said, per Bill Oram of the Orange County Register. "I can't really sit here and say what they're trying to do."

The Lakers are dreaming bigger than Randle. But even if those fall through, he might not be Plan B. He's a tricky piece to build with since he doesn't stretch the floor or block shots. And his unique combination of size (6'9", 250 lbs) and playmaking (4.5 assists per 36 minutes last season) could lose some of its luster if Lonzo Ball dominates the offensive touches.

It seems like there should be a better fit for Randle, a team more committed to unlocking his full potential. And if the Lakers are able to invest their funds elsewhere, it wouldn't take an inflated offer to lure Randle away.

The Indiana Pacers could make a ton of sense. They need offensive creators, and they have the spacing/rim-protecting post Randle needs alongside him in Myles Turner. With Thaddeus Young down to a $13.7 million player option after this season, they might have an opening at the 4. Despite acquiring Domantas Sabonis and T.J. Leaf, they haven't pulled in a power forward with Randle's potential.

Prediction: Four-year, $68 million deal with IndianaWish I could find a more recent article, but this one (old-ish) says the same thing I've been hearing about how the cap space teams have is not that much, due to them going gold rush crazy

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20143724/nba-nuclear-winter-forecasted-free-agents-summer-2018

Does Randle fall into that middle of the pack tier? Not elite enough to net a max deal and teams not wanting to get burned again?

europagnpilgrim
03-14-2018, 07:11 PM
It's the best way to evaluate talent but not the only way. That's why stats are important also. We can't watch all the NBA games and get a feel for every player so stats have to make up for that.

Its exactly what I have been saying on here forever, put the game film on, it would show you exactly who is who at what is what, and then we look at stats since of course no 1 person can catch all the games of every team, its why they put these fake experts on platforms to sway agendas, or who is the greatest as opposed to who was actually the best/most dominant

watching the actual players in games with your own 2 eyes will always remain superior, stats will always be secondary or 1a

all of it matters but its almost like the other stuff is 1percent, and the 99percent falls into watching the player/support cast and then form a honest valid opinion

WhiteShadow42
03-14-2018, 07:45 PM
Its exactly what I have been saying on here forever, put the game film on, it would show you exactly who is who at what is what, and then we look at stats since of course no 1 person can catch all the games of every team, its why they put these fake experts on platforms to sway agendas, or who is the greatest as opposed to who was actually the best/most dominant

watching the actual players in games with your own 2 eyes will always remain superior, stats will always be secondary or 1a

all of it matters but its almost like the other stuff is 1percent, and the 99percent falls into watching the player/support cast and then form a honest valid opinion

You put it much better than I could. LOL.

WhiteShadow42
03-14-2018, 07:52 PM

Julius Randle: Will the Lakers keep him? If not, what team signs him?

It's neither. I was commenting on him being consistent the last 3.5 months. Some people brought up him being the best. So none of us technically are sticking to the main topic at hand if you want to be exact.

Since the Lakers don't have any All Stars on their roster, by default, it could go to both. In our case the most consistent player the last 3 months also overall have been the best player. I do feel Lonzo/Ingram at times have been our best players but at this point they are not consistent enough to be our best overall. Hope that made any sense.

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 08:57 PM

I never said Randle was the best player. But I'm curious as to who you think it is - especially during this stretch of Lakers basketball. Randle seems to be the consensus. Idk why you guys hate him but you can't deny he's been playing amazing lately.

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 08:58 PM

Right. Because you watched Wilt play? Yet, you always brag about his crazy stats. You are real funny...

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 08:59 PM
Randle will get signed regardless. There is a market for guys like him on teams that are poor but could use some talent to gauge where they are at.

lakerfan85
03-14-2018, 10:45 PM
I never said Randle was the best player. But I'm curious as to who you think it is - especially during this stretch of Lakers basketball. Randle seems to be the consensus. Idk why you guys hate him but you can't deny he's been playing amazing lately.

I donít hate Randle.. I want to keep him. Heís just not the best player on the team..

More-Than-Most
03-14-2018, 11:30 PM

and he is and has been... the stats point to it... the fact that his best play is happening at the same time frame where they are winning more than just about everyone else also helps with the eye test that your fan base loves to use... so we have stats/eye test what else is there??? There is a big difference between best player and the player with the most potential... ball/kuz/ingram have more potential than randle but this season randle has been the lakers best player.

jaydubb
03-14-2018, 11:59 PM
and he is and has been... the stats point to it... the fact that his best play is happening at the same time frame where they are winning more than just about everyone else also helps with the eye test that your fan base loves to use... so we have stats/eye test what else is there??? There is a big difference between best player and the player with the most potential... ball/kuz/ingram have more potential than randle but this season randle has been the lakers best player.The problem is, Randle hasn't played big minutes for the whole season, that's why he's still only at like 25 mpg. He's only started like the last 30-35 games which is less than half the season so far. Over that time frame, yes I believe Randle has been the lakers best player. Over the entire year including the first 30 or so games when Randle wasn't starting, I'd say Ingram has been the lakers best player overall.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
03-15-2018, 12:01 AM
The problem is, Randle hasn't played big minutes for the whole season, that's why he's still only at like 25 mpg. He's only started like the last 30-35 games which is less than half the season so far. Over that time frame, yes I believe Randle has been the lakers best player. Over the entire year including the first 30 or so games when Randle wasn't starting, I'd say Ingram has been the lakers best player overall.

I dont disagree with this logic at all... I would say that you may be correct in that logic but at the same time Randle is already on par or better than ingram statistically in 7 less minutes a game or so... If he had played more minutes it probably wouldnt be as close because play time doesnt seem like it effects him either way.

Swift Game
03-15-2018, 01:40 AM
I agree with the argument of his ceiling compared to Ingram and Kuz..The problem is that Ceiling more times than not never really does materialize.

The whole Ingram comparison to Durant is awesome and exiting but still a long long way from that. Also I don't feel like Ingram has grabbed the Bull by its horns so to speak.

Alt of pressure from Magic saying he was the only guy that was untradeable and pretty much saying you are the cornerstone of the franchise. Ingram hasn't played with the grit and fire like Randle has the last 3 months.

Whether we get a max guy or 2 we shall see. If we get no max guys he is 110% coming back no doubt. By the way the 110% is also probably the markup over market value the Lakers will pay for him...lol

IndyRealist
03-15-2018, 06:01 AM
The problem is, Randle hasn't played big minutes for the whole season, that's why he's still only at like 25 mpg. He's only started like the last 30-35 games which is less than half the season so far. Over that time frame, yes I believe Randle has been the lakers best player. Over the entire year including the first 30 or so games when Randle wasn't starting, I'd say Ingram has been the lakers best player overall.

Except Ingram hasn't been that good.

Vinylman
03-15-2018, 07:06 AM

what does it also coincide with?

context matters... lets see if you can figure it out... it isn't hard but casual observers aren't focused on it like fans of a team

Vinylman
03-15-2018, 07:06 AM
The Lakers experts.

yep... their deep dive into what is going on with the Lakers is apparent when the analysis is slash lines

LMFAO

Vinylman
03-15-2018, 07:08 AM

nah he is terrible and has nothing to do with why they are winning :rolleyes:

Vinylman
03-15-2018, 07:10 AM

it is a typical PSD thread where an asinine comment is proffered and then morphs into a discussion that had nothing to do with the original premise of MTM's post

good times!!

FlashBolt
03-15-2018, 08:24 AM
what does it also coincide with?

context matters... lets see if you can figure it out... it isn't hard but casual observers aren't focused on it like fans of a team

All you've done is say "Randle has hollow stats." But, you haven't explained who's been the best. I'm waiting for a detailed response. Or, you can continue replying back with two sentence responses that is filled with generic statements that leave a vague definition. You say context matters. Okay, which context? The one where NO ONE on the team has played more consistent than Randle and at the same time, performed as well? Brook Lopez has been great but he's not the one leading the team in scoring and rebounding while posting the best efficiency on the team. But hey, "Lakers fans are the best. We know everything. Kobe teh greatest." I'll wait for a response on WHO IS THE BEST LAKERS IN THIS WINNING STRETCH." Tell us.

Vinylman
03-15-2018, 09:56 AM
All you've done is say "Randle has hollow stats." But, you haven't explained who's been the best. I'm waiting for a detailed response. Or, you can continue replying back with two sentence responses that is filled with generic statements that leave a vague definition. You say context matters. Okay, which context? The one where NO ONE on the team has played more consistent than Randle and at the same time, performed as well? Brook Lopez has been great but he's not the one leading the team in scoring and rebounding while posting the best efficiency on the team. But hey, "Lakers fans are the best. We know everything. Kobe teh greatest." I'll wait for a response on WHO IS THE BEST LAKERS IN THIS WINNING STRETCH." Tell us.

the bolded is the problem... that isn't what I or others have been talking about

MTM said Randle was the Lakers best player... he isn't

FlashBolt
03-15-2018, 11:09 AM
the bolded is the problem... that isn't what I or others have been talking about

MTM said Randle was the Lakers best player... he isn't

Make your case instead of just saying he's wrong. All you've done is say, "hollow stats" or, "I am a Lakers fan and you're not so I know more." Why won't you just provide your reasoning?

FlashBolt
03-15-2018, 12:13 PM
I don't need to make a case... MTM's post was a nothing burger that doesn't even deserve 2 seconds of thought...

he is their best player by far

LMFAO

So who is the Lakers best player and why? If you won't answer that, it's because you know it's really that close. Or, you can continue trolling.

Vinylman
03-15-2018, 12:14 PM
Make your case instead of just saying he's wrong. All you've done is say, "hollow stats" or, "I am a Lakers fan and you're not so I know more." Why won't you just provide your reasoning?

I don't need to make a case... MTM's post was a nothing burger that doesn't even deserve 2 seconds of thought...

he is their best player by far

LMFAO

WhiteShadow42
03-15-2018, 01:00 PM
There is a general consensus in the Lakers forum that Ingram is the Lakers best player. He affects the game in everyway. The only weakness he has right now is his body is not NBA ready yet. With that said he can do almost anything he wants on the court.

For you stats guys. Kareem and then Worthy had the better stats than Magic, but Magic was the Lakers best player. As Pat Riley pointed out multiple times "this guy just had complete control of the game with just 10 shots to his name".

Some of you are going with stats because you have not watched as many Lakers games as we have. And it's obvious. Instead of acting like you know about the Lakers (More than Most), maybe go to the Lakers forum and actually read some of the posts. Present company included, yes we troll there a lot but it's all for fun also.

More-Than-Most
03-15-2018, 01:06 PM
There is a general consensus in the Lakers forum that Ingram is the Lakers best player. He affects the game in everyway. The only weakness he has right now is his body is not NBA ready yet. With that said he can do almost anything he wants on the court.

For you stats guys. Kareem and then Worthy had the better stats than Magic, but Magic was the Lakers best player. As Pat Riley pointed out multiple times "this guy just had complete control of the game with just 10 shots to his name".

Some of you are going with stats because you have not watched as many Lakers games as we have. And it's obvious. Instead of acting like you know about the Lakers (More than Most), maybe go to the Lakers forum and actually read some of the posts. Present company included, yes we troll there a lot but it's all for fun also.

:laugh:

welp i guess eric snow was the best player on the sixers ahead of iverson because i watched the games and say so and thus watching games is the best indicator.

The reason why the consensus in the lakers forum is ingram over randle is because there has always been hate from some of your posters for randle and i can provide the posts from the past season plus to back that up esp when the dude was avg 11/10.

WhiteShadow42
03-15-2018, 01:42 PM

welp i guess eric snow was the best player on the sixers ahead of iverson because i watched the games and say so and thus watching games is the best indicator.

The reason why the consensus in the lakers forum is ingram over randle is because there has always been hate from some of your posters for randle and i can provide the posts from the past season plus to back that up esp when the dude was avg 11/10.

Yep you and your 89K posts are absolutely correct.

When I was in tour in Irag, I learned a great saying in Arabic. "What's worse than being a fool is not knowing that your are one."

Next time you go to the Lakers forum don't assume a dupe account and start trolling. We know it's you. Get off your *** and do something with your life.

WaDe03
03-15-2018, 01:43 PM

Wring his neck colonel!!!

WhiteShadow42
03-15-2018, 01:45 PM
wring his neck colonel!!!

lol.

More-Than-Most
03-15-2018, 01:47 PM

When I was in tour in Irag, I learned a great saying in Arabic. "What's worse than being a fool is not knowing that your are one."

Next time you go to the Lakers forum don't assume a dupe account and start trolling. We know it's you. Get off your *** and do something with your life.

lol i have no dupe accounts and why all the anger? Who is worse really? You are getting super angry on an internet forum and trying to attack someone personally because they disagree with your opinion... maybe you should read that part in bold and take your own advice?

we have the winning recipe with this guy... watched games argument/telling someone to get a life/using someones amount of posts as ammo and accusing someone of being a dupe all because they have no rebuttal to said argument or weight to back up their opinions.

WhiteShadow42
03-15-2018, 01:55 PM
lol i have no dupe accounts and why all the anger? Who is worse really? You are getting super angry on an internet forum and trying to attack someone personally because they disagree with your opinion... maybe you should read that part in bold and take your own advice?

You do this a lot. You disrespect them with a smart *** comment or comeback and then minimize their response. That is someone that has no regard for accountability. If you were going to make a valid response, then I would have given you a valid response in return. What angers me is when 4 of my Green Berets got killed because of poor intel. Not your response.

More-Than-Most
03-15-2018, 01:55 PM
You do this a lot. You disrespect them with a smart *** comment or comeback and then minimize their response. That is someone that has no regard for accountability. If you were going to make a valid response, then I would have given you a valid response in return. What angers me is when 4 of my Green Berets got killed because of poor intel. Not your response.

you seem quite angry if we are being honest and for you to say i do this alot must mean you follow what i post closely thus shows why you are getting so angry... i have a fan it seems :love:

I am just waiting for someone to give some reasoning for why randle isnt your best player and provide facts other then watched games and i will shut up... I have 0 issues with being wrong in this argument because quite frankly i love ingram but there is no factual information or weighted information being tossed around to justify anyone over randle other then WATCHED GAMES.

WhiteShadow42
03-15-2018, 01:57 PM
Wring his neck colonel!!!

Your Heat will bring it tonight. It will be a good game.

FlashBolt
03-15-2018, 02:03 PM

If true, salute to you brutha. My neighbor never made it back. What a pointless war that was.

IndyRealist
03-15-2018, 02:31 PM

What's funny about that quote is the assumption that watching a lot of Lakers games means that Lakers fans know what they're looking at, instead of just watching for entertainment.

I'll do you one better: "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

And thank you for serving.

More-Than-Most
03-15-2018, 02:32 PM
What if 2 laker fans that both watch the games disagree? I use to be in there a ton when I was welcomed because I loved ingram and you guys disagree alot which is fine but if all of you watch the games then which opinion has more weight?

WaDe03
03-15-2018, 04:22 PM
Your Heat will bring it tonight. It will be a good game.

You mean tomorrow? I hope so, Wade Whiteside and JRich were out last game. They don't stand a chance if those guys are out again.

JWorthy42
03-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Julius Randle has been the best player on the Lakers for maybe about a month or two, at best. Claiming that he is the best player on the Lakers is very reactionary and shortsighted.

Brandon Ingram, although with his own set of flaws, is easily the Lakers cornerstone at this point. Ingram is our number one offensive option when on the court, one of the best play makers on the team, and a defensive stopper on the wing when matched up against players that don't overpower him. As someone mentioned above, his body is the part that needs the most work.

Watching Lakers games is integral, if you're going to be making statements about who our best player is.

ewing
03-15-2018, 09:46 PM
Isiah Thomas is the best player on the Lakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ldawg
03-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Each person will have a different opinion on who has been Lakers best player. IMO Randle has been Lakers best player all season long not the last few months. He cant help it that Magic and Luke limit his playing time. When given the opportunity however he produced. Folks only noticed him when his minutes went up and Walton used him more. I pointed that out many times. Lakers played down to the level of their least experienced players which hurt their playoff chances. Luke almost lost the team in doing so. I will say Ingram has the highest potential to be a super star however. Look at Lopez he has his worst season under Walton but over the last few games he is displaying he is still a post threat when his number is called.

Vinylman
03-16-2018, 08:24 AM

more great analysis by MTM...

Randle ... the best player on the Lakers could only garner a second round pick at the trade deadline...

yep... he is the best and highly sought after unlike Ingram

SMFH

WaDe03
03-16-2018, 09:11 AM
Isiah Thomas is the best player on the Lakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He retired a long time ago and never played for the lakers.

More-Than-Most
03-16-2018, 11:03 AM
more great analysis by MTM...

Randle ... the best player on the Lakers could only garner a second round pick at the trade deadline...

yep... he is the best and highly sought after unlike Ingram

SMFH

best player and higher potential player are 2 very different things... its pretty telling how you are having so very much trouble differentiating that.

Giannis94
03-16-2018, 11:37 AM
MTM you make me look I know what I'm talking about. That's not good.

GREATNESS ONE
03-16-2018, 01:08 PM
MTM you make me look I know what I'm talking about. That's not good.

:laugh2:

More-Than-Most
03-17-2018, 12:52 AM
another game another 25/12 performance.

ldawg
03-17-2018, 09:51 AM
another game another 25/12 performance.

People tend to get confused with most popular. Randle has been the best and most consistent of any Laker this season. Why would a team not offer a 2nd for a player they know your trying to trade a free agent and you got him buried on the bench on top of that? I will say long term Ingram potential is higher and hes more rounded than Randle but they play two different positions. So its kind of silly to argue who is better. I dont think Lakers should trade either one.

ldawg
03-17-2018, 09:54 AM
Its best to rate Randle among other young pf and Ingram among other young sf. They both played well when Lakers where at their best. The weak links on the team is neither of those two.

IndyRealist
03-17-2018, 01:03 PM
Its best to rate Randle among other young pf and Ingram among other young sf. They both played well when Lakers where at their best. The weak links on the team is neither of those two.

I kind of agree with this, but one is clearly outperforming the other. The disagreement here seems to be that some people are using a fluid definition of "best player" to fit their own agenda. Best player almost never means "highest potential" except in this thread. It almost always refers to actual production.

Mr.B
03-17-2018, 01:12 PM
I still think there is a real possibility that Dallas makes huge a huge offer and that he signs it the moment the signing period starts. Especially when they have fallen out of that bottom 6 in the standings. They are now looking at a pick in the 7-10 range so theyíre not getting their PF in the draft.

More-Than-Most
03-17-2018, 01:52 PM
I kind of agree with this, but one is clearly outperforming the other. The disagreement here seems to be that some people are using a fluid definition of "best player" to fit their own agenda. Best player almost never means "highest potential" except in this thread. It almost always refers to actual production.

yup... They use whatever fits their agenda... Never once have i or would I suggest randle has more potential than Ball or Ingram or Kuzma.. Infact i have stated the opposite several times and stated randles potential is capped ... but he is their best player by far this season and he is still young but the lakers are in a bind... if they lose him it would hurt but keeping him for a ton would hurt as well.

FlashBolt
03-17-2018, 10:28 PM
Vinyl caught himself in a trap. This dude won't explain why anyone not named Randle is in position to be the best Lakers this season. When you're arguing production, there is no doubt Randle has been the best the past two months. If you are arguing that he hasn't been the best player this season, why are you blaming Randle? Imagine if Luke actually give this man some heavy minutes in the beginning of the season.. if they wanted Randle gone, they could have gotten so much for THIS Randle before the trade deadline. So your head coach was dumb enough to not play Randle so Randle wasn't able to perform.. which explains why Lakers had a LOSING record and still do. With Randle, your team has been winning more games at a higher win %. That's with a Lonzo Ball who has been horrid shooting the ball. Vinyl won't say who the best Lakers has been this season because he knows his answer will most likely end up with the initials, J.R. I mean, why else has he NOT named a player? And he keeps talking about Randle's trade value as if that helps his case. That's a moot point. People know Ingram is obviously a higher ceiling/talented player but it's tough to argue that a guy shooting 60%, averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds, isn't your best player.

Shcamz
03-17-2018, 11:39 PM
They'll resign him when they strike out on Bron and PG13.

Mr.B
03-18-2018, 04:40 PM
They'll resign him when they strike out on Bron and PG13.

When can he actually sign and how long would the Lakers have to match?

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2018, 05:40 PM
When can he actually sign and how long would the Lakers have to match?

If Iím not mistaken, weíll have 7d or so to decide on Randle at FA. Giving us time to go after Lebron/PG before making a decision on Julius... so no I donít think he can sign at the start of FA.

Mr.B
03-18-2018, 07:08 PM
If Iím not mistaken, weíll have 7d or so to decide on Randle at FA. Giving us time to go after Lebron/PG before making a decision on Julius... so no I donít think he can sign at the start of FA.

Do you think Labron and Paul George will make up their mind within 7 days?

Shcamz
03-18-2018, 07:32 PM

Good question...not sure. You never know with Bron, but I do think PG13 returns to the Thunder within that time frame. If I'm a Mavs fan, I'm not sure if you want to throw a max contract at him though. However, if he continues playing like he has as of late then maybe you do.

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2018, 07:51 PM

Nope. I think Lebron will take his sweet time.

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2018, 07:51 PM
PG would be a fool to re-sign in OKC.

Mr.B
03-18-2018, 08:19 PM
Good question...not sure. You never know with Bron, but I do think PG13 returns to the Thunder within that time frame. If I'm a Mavs fan, I'm not sure if you want to throw a max contract at him though. However, if he continues playing like he has as of late then maybe you do.

I donít think itís set in stone that PG stays in OKC. I think it will take him some time though weather to leave a team that is already good or take a chance on LA that has the potential to be really good. I think Labron is going to take a tour of Houston so I definitely think he takes a while to make a decision.

FlashBolt
03-18-2018, 08:46 PM

Depends on how far we make it. Come playoff time, everything changes and it's 0-0.

Giannis94
03-18-2018, 11:39 PM

Him or cp3 is being maxd and signed and traded for Jabari and Roy

Vinylman
03-19-2018, 12:12 PM
Vinyl caught himself in a trap. This dude won't explain why anyone not named Randle is in position to be the best Lakers this season. When you're arguing production, there is no doubt Randle has been the best the past two months. If you are arguing that he hasn't been the best player this season, why are you blaming Randle? Imagine if Luke actually give this man some heavy minutes in the beginning of the season.. if they wanted Randle gone, they could have gotten so much for THIS Randle before the trade deadline. So your head coach was dumb enough to not play Randle so Randle wasn't able to perform.. which explains why Lakers had a LOSING record and still do. With Randle, your team has been winning more games at a higher win %. That's with a Lonzo Ball who has been horrid shooting the ball. Vinyl won't say who the best Lakers has been this season because he knows his answer will most likely end up with the initials, J.R. I mean, why else has he NOT named a player? And he keeps talking about Randle's trade value as if that helps his case. That's a moot point. People know Ingram is obviously a higher ceiling/talented player but it's tough to argue that a guy shooting 60%, averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds, isn't your best player.

LMFAO

you are being a typical internet dope...

read what he wrote again at the beginning of the thread ... it is absurd to suggest he is the best player BY FAR

Additionally, I never assess who is the "best player" based on their current stats...

A Laker team at full health will never find an opponent game planning for Randle... sorry ... it just is a fact...

Randle is nothing more than a slightly better version of Kenneth Faried at the same age and even that is debatable

FlashBolt
03-19-2018, 12:16 PM
LMFAO

you are being a typical internet dope...

read what he wrote again at the beginning of the thread ... it is absurd to suggest he is the best player BY FAR

Additionally, I never assess who is the "best player" based on their current stats...

A Laker team at full health will never find an opponent game planning for Randle... sorry ... it just is a fact...

Randle is nothing more than a slightly better version of Kenneth Faried at the same age and even that is debatable

I don't care what he said. I've asked you numerous times to name your best Lakers and you've avoided the question every time.

Vinylman
03-19-2018, 12:17 PM
I donít think itís set in stone that PG stays in OKC. I think it will take him some time though weather to leave a team that is already good or take a chance on LA that has the potential to be really good. I think Labron is going to take a tour of Houston so I definitely think he takes a while to make a decision.

huh?

how is OKC going to improve? If he stays and gets a new deal it adds $10 million to an already ridiculous cap number.

Giannis94
03-19-2018, 12:42 PM

Yep. An they gave away a locked up top 25 player in addition to an extremely solid big.

Vinylman
03-19-2018, 01:12 PM
I don't care what he said. I've asked you numerous times to name your best Lakers and you've avoided the question every time.

already said who was better ... maybe you should try rereading the thread..

I know that is expecting a lot when you are in such a frenzy to anoint Randle

FlashBolt
03-19-2018, 01:56 PM
already said who was better ... maybe you should try rereading the thread..

I know that is expecting a lot when you are in such a frenzy to anoint Randle

You've hinted at Ingram but there wasn't a convincing case. I said the Lakers best player has rotated throughout the season. It was Kuzma for the beginning of the season, Ingram for the mid, and Randle now.

WaDe03
03-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Yep. An they gave away a locked up top 25 player in addition to an extremely solid big.

Can I get a Jolene Osteen Ahhhhhmmmmmeeeeeennnn?!!!!!!

Vinylman
03-19-2018, 02:42 PM
You've hinted at Ingram but there wasn't a convincing case. I said the Lakers best player has rotated throughout the season. It was Kuzma for the beginning of the season, Ingram for the mid, and Randle now.

no... I clearly ranked the Lakers in order in this thread...

keep trying

FlashBolt
03-19-2018, 02:57 PM
no... I clearly ranked the Lakers in order in this thread...

keep trying

Where are your arguments for them? Lonzo Ball over Randle? LOL. I'd love to hear that one. I can say random crap like you do as well.

Deng
Lopez
Randle
Zubac
KCP
Ingram
Ball

I won't explain why they are better because I don't want to. I'll just keep saying Ingram sucks.

More-Than-Most
03-22-2018, 11:15 PM
bumped because another sick game from sir Julius.

lakerfan85
03-22-2018, 11:45 PM

And another loss..

More-Than-Most
03-23-2018, 12:13 AM
And another loss..

yea well tell lonzo to stop bricking 15 shots and get it to their best player and they would win. :shrug:

FlashBolt
03-23-2018, 01:09 AM
*Another loss

Yeah, Lonzo with 2-15, 1-12 from three.. who wins with a teammate like that?

Vinylman
03-23-2018, 09:44 AM

This is a perfect example of why you continue to have no credibility ... Randle didn't even have the best offensive game last night let alone defensive.

keep telling yourself he is something more than he is... a slightly better version of Faried at the same point in there careers

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 11:31 AM
Lol Lakers Experts.

FlashBolt
03-23-2018, 11:44 AM
This is a perfect example of why you continue to have no credibility ... Randle didn't even have the best offensive game last night let alone defensive.

keep telling yourself he is something more than he is... a slightly better version of Faried at the same point in there careers

Yet, you have Lonzo above Randle. I guess Lonzo had the best offensive game since Ingram was out.

15% on 7 3PA per game. If Lonzo shoots well for three of these games, Lakers should win the game. But Randle "wasn't the best offensive player for the Lakers." Maybe you should be worried about Lonzo?

beasted86
03-23-2018, 11:46 AM
Randle in the games he's played over 30 minutes a night (24 in total) as of today is averaging:

22.2 PPG
10.2 REB
3.8 AST
63% TS%

This alone from a 23yr old will get him a $100M contract offer.

I see him being a very solid 18/8 big man easily barring injuries. Who else can give you that for less? Vucevic? What do you think his next contract is going to look like?

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Randle in the games he's played over 30 minutes a night (24 in total) as of today is averaging:

22.2 PPG
10.2 REB
3.8 AST
63% TS%

This alone from a 23yr old will get him a $100M contract offer.

I see him being a very solid 18/8 big man easily barring injuries. Who else can give you that for less? Vucevic? What do you think his next contract is going to look like?

Dallas is going to offer him the max

More-Than-Most
03-23-2018, 02:40 PM
Lol Lakers Experts.

i seem to be more of an expert on the lakers than you if we are being honest... julius randle/the horrid signings of mosgod etc..... you had ball winning rookie of the year and jumping right in as best rookie ever... i said he would be horrid.

FlashBolt
03-23-2018, 03:06 PM
Very funny how the Lakers experts so far in this thread have Lonzo above Randle but they haven't mentioned anything about his game. Lonzo can rebound and pass but when you can't shoot, you're not a really good guard. Name me all the elite top guards who can't shoot.. Outside of Russ, you won't find one. And Lonzo ain't no Russ, lol.

warfelg
03-23-2018, 03:25 PM
Very funny how the Lakers experts so far in this thread have Lonzo above Randle but they haven't mentioned anything about his game. Lonzo can rebound and pass but when you can't shoot, you're not a really good guard. Name me all the elite top guards who can't shoot.. Outside of Russ, you won't find one. And Lonzo ain't no Russ, lol.

I said it pre draft, post draft, early in the season, and Iíll say it now:
Lonzo Ball looks like Michael Carter-Williams at this same juncture.

MTA12
03-23-2018, 04:56 PM
Lakers really can't afford to lose any young talent right now, and Randle is a budding star in this league.

JesusNYY_Savior
03-23-2018, 05:44 PM
Why is everyone bashing Lonzo when it's his first year in the league, Randle was garbage his first year as well. Let the kid grow and stop killing him cause he dad wont shut his mouth.

FlashBolt
03-23-2018, 05:50 PM
Why is everyone bashing Lonzo when it's his first year in the league, Randle was garbage his first year as well. Let the kid grow and stop killing him cause he dad wont shut his mouth.

Lavar Ball.
Lakers fans on here praising Lonzo but crapping on Randle.

Lonzo hasn't particularly helped by playing terrible and he was hated before the NCAA finished or before he was drafted. And the one thing about his game that was supposed to be solid proof was his leadership. I have not seen Lonzo lead his team at all. He gets punked by other players and his teammates have to come and defend him.

Mr.B
03-23-2018, 05:59 PM
Dallas is going to offer him the max

If they do not draft a PF I fully expect them to offer Randle a max contract. And they will likely do it the second teams are allowed to make an offer. They want that clock to start ticking as soon as possible and hopefully force the Lakers hand.

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 06:08 PM
i seem to be more of an expert on the lakers than you if we are being honest... julius randle/the horrid signings of mosgod etc..... you had ball winning rookie of the year and jumping right in as best rookie ever... i said he would be horrid.

Yea definitely :laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 06:09 PM
If they do not draft a PF I fully expect them to offer Randle a max contract. And they will likely do it the second teams are allowed to make an offer. They want that clock to start ticking as soon as possible and hopefully force the Lakers hand.

I completely expect it tbh

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 06:10 PM

Itís the thing to do, just let them bash a 20year old kid if it makes them feel better about their personal lives.

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 06:11 PM
Lakers really can't afford to lose any young talent right now, and Randle is a budding star in this league.

Yup, the only team that scares me is Dallas, itís his hometown and they got the cap this off-season. Weíll have a chance to match but if they throw the max at him.... man... I donít know if weíll match.

More-Than-Most
03-23-2018, 06:45 PM
Itís the thing to do, just let them bash a 20year old kid if it makes them feel better about their personal lives.

You seem to bring up ones personal life alot as an end all be all excuse to slight people that bring any argument against lonzo but are quick to rail road for years guys like Lebron or Dwight and so on down the list... funny how hypocritical that is... as for Lonzo i am sure he needs to grow into his man body like okafor or MCW or about 20 something other guys that were hyped up only to bust. Lonzo could very well end up amazing but right now his shot says other wise.

Firefistus
03-23-2018, 06:46 PM

Randle was injured his first season with a torn ACL in the first game. Everyone knows the season after an ACL tear the player isn't fully functional until the end of the year (mentally). It's EXTREMELY rare to see someone 100% after an ACL, but it has happened a few times.

I personally like Randles game and think he beams with talent, especially over Lonzo Ball. I absolutely hate the Lakers and their fans, but Randle is a pretty solid player. My only hope is someone offers him big bucks to take him away so he can play for a club that won't piss away his career.

I Always HATED when the Lakers said they don't rebuild, they only reload. Seems you ran out of bullets.

warfelg
03-23-2018, 06:46 PM
Randle was injured his first season with a torn ACL in the first game. Everyone knows the season after an ACL tear the player isn't fully functional until the end of the year (mentally). It's EXTREMELY rare to see someone 100% after an ACL, but it has happened a few times.

He broke his leg. Not a torn ACL.

Firefistus
03-23-2018, 06:51 PM
He broke his leg. Not a torn ACL.

oh that's my mistake, I always thought it was an ACL.

beasted86
03-23-2018, 07:16 PM

Well I mean how many other guys with completely broken shooting form figured it out?

His mechanics are completely ruined, and it doesn't help that Lavar Ball is probably in his ear all day telling him how great he is.

I'd bet a check that if the Lakers suggested a complete revision on his shot, he would actually sabotage it saying garbage in the media like "he made it to the NBA and shot 41% 3PT in college shooting this way, ain't nothing wrong with his shot!" 🗣

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 07:31 PM
Well I mean how many other guys with completely broken shooting form figured it out?

His mechanics are completely ruined, and it doesn't help that Lavar Ball is probably in his ear all day telling him how great he is.

I'd bet a check that if the Lakers suggested a complete revision on his shot, he would actually sabotage it saying garbage in the media like "he made it to the NBA and shot 41% 3PT in college shooting this way, ain't nothing wrong with his shot!" 🗣

Yup his main weakness is his shot atm, the rest of his game is excellent. He rebounds, assists, plays team first basketball, and has completely changed the culture. His defense is superb, and will only get even better with time. Heís one of the leaders in Def RTG Def WS, steals, blocks and deflected passes. Magic was bringing in a shooting coach last year and gave Luke the choice but he said we didnít need one. This year heís bringing one in no matter what. Lavar Ball has been quiet and hasnít said much recently, I donít expect him to say too much more moving forward. Iím 36 years old, been watching the Lakers since the 80ís and have watched every single Lakers game since 96. I have Access Lakers Sportnet on my TV all the time and watch most games twice or three times. I go to 5+ games a year and attend Summer League in Vegas the last 3. I love this team, absolutely Love. Everyone wants to bash this kid but overall heís been pretty damn good. I expect a significant jump offensively to his game the way BI made one from year 1 to year 2.

But Iíll let the Lakers (not talking bout you) experts get back telling us how much they know about The Los Angeles Lakers.

FlashBolt
03-23-2018, 07:57 PM
Yup his main weakness is his shot atm, the rest of his game is excellent. He rebounds, assists, plays team first basketball, and has completely changed the culture. His defense is superb, and will only get even better with time. Heís one of the leaders in Def RTG Def WS, steals, blocks and deflected passes. Magic was bringing in a shooting coach last year and gave Luke the choice but he said we didnít need one. This year heís bringing one in no matter what. Lavar Ball has been quiet and hasnít said much recently, I donít expect him to say too much more moving forward. Iím 36 years old, been watching the Lakers since the 80ís and have watched every single Lakers game since 96. I have Access Lakers Sportnet on my TV all the time and watch most games twice or three times. I go to 5+ games a year and attend Summer League in Vegas the last 3. I love this team, absolutely Love. Everyone wants to bash this kid but overall heís been pretty damn good. I expect a significant jump offensively to his game the way BI made one from year 1 to year 2.

But Iíll let the Lakers (not talking bout you) experts get back telling us how much they know about The Los Angeles Lakers.

1) Just because you watch more games doesn't mean you know more. You think Jack Nicholson knows more basketball than some of us here?

2) You're 36 years old but use words like lolz?

3) I think you misread his post. He never said the rest of his game is excellent and it sounds like you're just agreeing with his sentiment that Lonzo's shot may not be repairable and regardless of how good you are elsewhere, you are not going to be an elite player.

4) No one said we were experts but you. Has Lonzo played well all season? If you say yes, you are biased. He's been trash and everyone knows it except the experts I guess. You, the expert. Haha, funny.

How did Lonzo change the culture? Because he passes the ball often? It's easy to say that when you're being judged as a rookie up-and-coming team but you do realize your Lakers squad will be looked at as a failure if Magic Johnson doesn't get some notable free agents, right? Lakers should be title contenders but they haven't for nearly a decade.

IndyRealist
03-23-2018, 08:13 PM
Once again, just because you've watched a lot of the games does not mean you've analyzed what you're seeing, as opposed to simply watching for entertainment.

I'm not an expert on Paul George's deficiencies because I've watched 90% of his games. I'm an expert in his deficiencies because I can describe exactly how he plays and predict with relative ease when he's going to pull up for a contested, fadeaway long 2 instead of running the play.

More-Than-Most
03-23-2018, 08:32 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?911167-Official-Off-Topic-Thread-From-Hell-Volume-XXIII/page57

talk sports/spread nba knowledge.... get people irate

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 09:46 PM
Yea I watch 10game and highlights but know more about the Lakers! Lol

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 09:46 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?911167-Official-Off-Topic-Thread-From-Hell-Volume-XXIII/page57

talk sports/spread nba knowledge.... get people irate

Wish we met in person. :)

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=IndyRealist;32245047]Once again, just because you've watched a lot of the games does not mean you've analyzed what you're seeing, as opposed to simply watching for entertainment.

I'm not an expert on Paul George's deficiencies because I've watched 90% of his games. I'm an expert in his deficiencies because I can describe exactly how he plays and predict with relative ease when he's going to pull up for a contested, fadeaway long 2 instead of running the play.[/QUOTE

A lot? Every game. a lot more than once because Iím analyzing the game completely before making judgement etc. I would take your opinion over most because you watch every Pacers game. Whatever tho, think what you want loc.

FlashBolt
03-23-2018, 09:52 PM
I still think Randle has been the best performing Lakers so far. Unfortunately, he does not get treated like it.

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 09:55 PM
1) Just because you watch more games doesn't mean you know more. You think Jack Nicholson knows more basketball than some of us here?

2) You're 36 years old but use words like lolz?

3) I think you misread his post. He never said the rest of his game is excellent and it sounds like you're just agreeing with his sentiment that Lonzo's shot may not be repairable and regardless of how good you are elsewhere, you are not going to be an elite player.

4) No one said we were experts but you. Has Lonzo played well all season? If you say yes, you are biased. He's been trash and everyone knows it except the experts I guess. You, the expert. Haha, funny.

How did Lonzo change the culture? Because he passes the ball often? It's easy to say that when you're being judged as a rookie up-and-coming team but you do realize your Lakers squad will be looked at as a failure if Magic Johnson doesn't get some notable free agents, right? Lakers should be title contenders but they haven't for nearly a decade.

Iím ready to move past our little quarrel and discuss basketball like Men. Ball is in your court

More-Than-Most
03-23-2018, 10:37 PM
Wish we met in person. :)

lol do you have a good health plan?

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 11:30 PM
lol do you have a good health plan?

:laugh2: Iím 1 year away from
opening my first restaurant in Las Vegas, Iíll invite you to the opening. Come eat on me, when you see me, youíll know. Iím the 6í3 220 lb Raiders/Lakers/Dodgers fan. I keep my Gangsta tamed nowadays, so we can be civil and have beers.

MTA12
03-23-2018, 11:37 PM
Yup, the only team that scares me is Dallas, itís his hometown and they got the cap this off-season. Weíll have a chance to match but if they throw the max at him.... man... I donít know if weíll match.

Lakers have a MUCH brighter future than Dallas. I hope Randle recognizes and acts based on that. And if there's any city than can thwart hometown-love , it's LA.

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 11:46 PM
I still think Randle has been the best performing Lakers so far. Unfortunately, he does not get treated like it.

Randle to be fair gets a ton of credit and love in our forum, heís been awesome the last few months and it seems it finally clicked. Early in the season he threw a tantrum, didnít play motivated or with a chip on his shoulder, is he our best player? :shrug: we have had a few guys play as our best player etc I donít really like getting into that because I love this team a lot and have seen some major strides from everyone. Heíll probably get offered the max this summer but overall atm our most valuable player is Brandon Ingram. Iím really hoping we can retain Julius but it Dallas offers him the max, Iím not sure thatís worth it.... 18-20m definitely.

GREATNESS ONE
03-23-2018, 11:48 PM
Lakers have a MUCH brighter future than Dallas. I hope Randle recognizes and acts based on that. And if there's any city than can thwart hometown-love , it's LA.

I literally watch a lot of lakers Access Sportnet, Julius has said a few times, he wants to stay a Laker and grow with this team. He just got married and had his first son, so the man wants stability for his family. I hope we retain him
But Max money?... damn that will be hard.

MTA12
03-24-2018, 12:11 AM
I literally watch a lot of lakers Access Sportnet, Julius has said a few times, he wants to stay a Laker and grow with this team. He just got married and had his first son, so the man wants stability for his family. I hope we retain him
But Max money?... damn that will be hard.

Sacrifices and compromises will have to be made on both sides for this work you're right.

More-Than-Most
03-24-2018, 12:11 AM
:laugh2: Iím 1 year away from
opening my first restaurant in Las Vegas, Iíll invite you to the opening. Come eat on me, when you see me, youíll know. Iím the 6í3 220 lb Raiders/Lakers/Dodgers fan. I keep my Gangsta tamed nowadays, so we can be civil and have beers.

lol wont lie i am jealous.... vegas is amazing.

GREATNESS ONE
03-24-2018, 12:46 AM
lol wont lie i am jealous.... vegas is amazing.

Actually the goal and it will be in Henderson Nevada, 10m away from Vegas. You will be invited, weíll eat, have a few beers and look eye to eye like Men and you will see my character good sir. I know we bicker on the Internet, but in person, I think weíll be ok.

Vinylman
03-26-2018, 07:51 AM

my how a thread can evolve

I thought he was "their best player by far"

beasted86
03-26-2018, 09:20 AM
Randle to be fair gets a ton of credit and love in our forum, heís been awesome the last few months and it seems it finally clicked. Early in the season he threw a tantrum, didnít play motivated or with a chip on his shoulder, is he our best player? :shrug: we have had a few guys play as our best player etc I donít really like getting into that because I love this team a lot and have seen some major strides from everyone. Heíll probably get offered the max this summer but overall atm our most valuable player is Brandon Ingram. Iím really hoping we can retain Julius but it Dallas offers him the max, Iím not sure thatís worth it.... 18-20m definitely.

I'll leave you be to have your own opinion on what's reasonable, but in my mind $18-20 is under market.

Keep in mind Deng is making over $18M.

And just from last summer, George Hill got $19M, Jeff Teague got $19M Jrue got $25M, and Millsap got $30M. Randle is likely worth closer to his $25M starting year max on the market. Whether he is worth the max raises on the back end is a different story.

In today's era a "team-friendly deal" for Randle would be 4yr/$100M.

GREATNESS ONE
03-26-2018, 11:09 AM
Lol I know what Deng is making as well as every player in a Lakers uniform. Also, I can see Dallas offering Randle the Max/near so weíll see what happens, they wonít be able to do it immediately as weíll have about 7d but thatís the one team I think Julius would leave the Lakers for....

Itís funny, Iíve heard as low as 14m on the radio but thatís way too low and as high as Max $ which is way too high, hoping we can find something that works for both parties.

IndyRealist
03-26-2018, 01:00 PM
Lol I know what Deng is making as well as every player in a Lakers uniform. Also, I can see Dallas offering Randle the Max/near so weíll see what happens, they wonít be able to do it immediately as weíll have about 7d but thatís the one team I think Julius would leave the Lakers for....

Itís funny, Iíve heard as low as 14m on the radio but thatís way too low and as high as Max $ which is way too high, hoping we can find something that works for both parties.

He's balling out in a contract year, I doubt he has any intention of taking a discount contract. Someone's going to offer him max or close to it. And it's 2 days to match, not 7. They shortened the timeframe a few years back.