PDA

View Full Version : How will free agency to go for Jabari Parker?

beasted86
03-12-2018, 02:00 AM
Milwaukee is a team with an elite top 10 player in Giannis, but they are mediocre and will likely finish 6-8th and probably be an easy out in the first round.

Parker has played solid since returning from injury, but he's definitely not the "missing piece" many fans thought he would be.

Based on his age and injuries does he get the max? Does he get an Embiid contract with various non-guarantees and incentives? Do they try and dump him in a sign and trade?

I was saying they should have traded him as soon as he got healthy. But front office was stubborn and greedy and will likely be glued to mediocrity going forward. Will probably have to overpay Brogdon too.

GoferKing_
03-12-2018, 06:03 AM
Not worth a max, thats for sure. Teams need to stop throwing that kind of money at every player.

R. Johnson#3
03-12-2018, 07:39 AM
It's gonna be a real pain in the knee.

warfelg
03-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Not worth a max, thats for sure. Teams need to stop throwing that kind of money at every player.

Iíve said it in the past but this still hold true:
The max gets abused over player like Jabari Parker. Heís not worth it, agreed.

But knowing that the Bucks are near the cap and have little way of replacing Parker, some team with space will max him, playing cap room chicken. Ultimately the Bucks will math because they will realize they have no other option.

Teams abuse the max so much in that way. I can almost guarantee itís why Otto Porter Jr and Allen Crabbe are on max contracts. Itís why a guy like Gary Harris will get absurdly overpaid.

If the NBA came up with a way to balance that, like signing a RFA to a max deal whoís rights arenít yours transferred a top-5 protected 1st, we would use the use of the max contract massively decline.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 08:16 AM

Like embiid and KP. Even though embiid has been healthy this year, not a chance in Helena Montana that I give him or kp the max.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 08:27 AM

But knowing that the Bucks are near the cap and have little way of replacing Parker, some team with space will max him, playing cap room chicken. Ultimately the Bucks will math because they will realize they have no other option.

Teams abuse the max so much in that way. I can almost guarantee itís why Otto Porter Jr and Allen Crabbe are on max contracts. Itís why a guy like Gary Harris will get absurdly overpaid.

If the NBA came up with a way to balance that, like signing a RFA to a max deal whoís rights arenít yours transferred a top-5 protected 1st, we would use the use of the max contract massively decline.

I'll be shocked if he gets a max. Unless he plays extraordinary down the line.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-12-2018, 09:40 AM
He will get a near max easily. What prevents him from getting the max is his injury but he's getting a near max based on youth and production.

Is he worth it? Probably not. But you max players like that if you are a rebuilding team. Hope you draft a savior and you have a good young guy to pair with him.

I personally hope he goes to 76ers. Just run a 3 man depth chart at PF/SF with Parker, Saric and Covington. It'd be funny to me with Jabari/Embiid a slight knee injury away from locking up massive contracts to injured players.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-12-2018, 09:41 AM

No team would agree to that.

warfelg
03-12-2018, 09:42 AM
Nah weíre ok.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-12-2018, 09:42 AM
Nah weíre ok.

You might be okay but your GM is BC so...

warfelg
03-12-2018, 09:43 AM
No team would agree to that.

Itís not the teams that are the issue. Itís the players.

IndyRealist
03-12-2018, 09:44 AM
Parker is average, but someone will pay him like a star because he can score and ignore the things he doesn't do. I think that's probably the Bucks, because they don't have an avenue to bring in another scorer next to Giannis. Small market yadda yadda yadda.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Itís not the teams that are the issue. Itís the players.

Actually, if the teams don't agree to that, there is nothing to discuss. You can't present something to the players when you wouldn't even be able to convince the teams to agree to it.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-12-2018, 09:51 AM
I bet the Bulls win the draft, get Ayton, sign Jabari with capspace and roll out with

C-Ayton
PF- Markannan
SF- Parker
SG- Lavine
PG- Dunn

warfelg
03-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Actually, if the teams don't agree to that, there is nothing to discuss. You can't present something to the players when you wouldn't even be able to convince the teams to agree to it.

There might need to be some smoothing to the idea of there the line of giving up a pick is, but I think you can get teams to agree to it if it lessens spending. This is why, IMO, the NBA salary structure hasnít progressed to something better. Everyone is too quick to shoot down ideas.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-12-2018, 09:58 AM
There might need to be some smoothing to the idea of there the line of giving up a pick is, but I think you can get teams to agree to it if it lessens spending. This is why, IMO, the NBA salary structure hasnít progressed to something better. Everyone is too quick to shoot down ideas.

An NBA pick is much more valuable than a baseball pick. Giving up a pick is a massive penalty. The salary structure isn't perfect but it isn't the problem here. The mentality of GMs is a bigger problem.

beasted86
03-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Parker is average, but someone will pay him like a star because he can score and ignore the things he doesn't do. I think that's probably the Bucks, because they don't have an avenue to bring in another scorer next to Giannis. Small market yadda yadda yadda.

I agree that someone will overpay. That's why I say they should work a sign and trade to avoid that situation.

Right now they're basically using him in the role they used Beasley in last year.

I understand he's coming off an injury, but 15 games in now, and they really aren't really even looking to him to score which is the only thing he's good at.

Averaging under 2 FGAs in the 4th, and about 5 minutes in that quarter, they don't trust him yet late in games. How can you match on a max contract for him?

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 10:41 AM
I agree that someone will overpay. That's why I say they should work a sign and trade to avoid that situation.

Right now they're basically using him in the role they used Beasley in last year.

I understand he's coming off an injury, but 15 games in now, and they really aren't really even looking to him to score which is the only thing he's good at.

Averaging under 2 FGAs in the 4th, and about 5 minutes in that quarter, they don't trust him yet late in games. How can you match on a max contract for him?

My $$ is on philly. He has potential to be a greater version of Melo but less than PG

More-Than-Most
03-12-2018, 10:47 AM
Like embiid and KP. Even though embiid has been healthy this year, not a chance in Helena Montana that I give him or kp the max.

you have to give parker the max... and its smart when they do...what can they really do with the money? He is a risk but you could embiid structure it.. the upside for him is there.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 10:54 AM
you have to give parker the max... and its smart when they do...what can they really do with the money? He is a risk but you could embiid structure it.. the upside for him is there.

Sign and trade him for CP3, PG, or Bron. Boom.

KG2TB
03-12-2018, 10:55 AM
I bet the Bulls win the draft, get Ayton, sign Jabari with capspace and roll out with

C-Ayton
PF- Markannan
SF- Parker
SG- Lavine
PG- Dunn

Bulls are going to win the draft but theyíre not signing Parker. They have to re-sign LaVine.

KnicksorBust
03-12-2018, 11:03 AM
Theoretically isn't this the Bucks best lineup?

Brogdon - Bledsoe - Middleton - Parker - Giannis

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Theoretically isn't this the Bucks best lineup?

Brogdon - Bledsoe - Middleton - Parker - Giannis

Right now it's JET as ROY is injured.

More-Than-Most
03-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Sign and trade him for CP3, PG, or Bron. Boom.

for bron that would be a sick trade but i doubt the cavs do it and bron isnt accepting that trade in the off season if it hurts the team he is going to... cp3 and pg wont work because their teams arent risking screwing over the top players in westy/harden and they could lose parker for nothing if pg walks.

tp13baby
03-12-2018, 11:33 AM

Gary Harris has been a 21 point per game player since his injury, top scorer on the Nuggets and a top 5, SG defender in the league. At age 23 Harris is putting up the same numbers as Klay Thompson this year so if you would give Klay the max, then Harris is no where near overpaid.

Cov is making like 2 mil less than Harris. Talk about an overpayment he wouldnít even be in Denverís rotation with how he has played for the majority of the year.

Let Parker get healthy itís so hard to judge a guy off an injury like this. Middleton was injured last year and is having a career year.

warfelg
03-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Haha RoCo is better than most the wings playing for Denver, higher DWS, DBPM than most. League average shooter

RoCos contract also descends over time, to the point he will be making $8 mil less on the season than Harris for slightly better offense and worse defense. RoCos contract got front loaded and got a cap hip of a little over $10mil next year.

TheDish87
03-12-2018, 12:03 PM

christ even in a thread for a bucks player you cant stop talking about the sixers and embiid.

tp13baby
03-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Haha RoCo is better than most the wings playing for Denver, higher DWS, DBPM than most. League average shooter

RoCos contract also descends over time, to the point he will be making $8 mil less on the season than Harris for slightly better offense and worse defense. RoCos contract got front loaded and got a cap hip of a little over $10mil next year.

Stay out east. When your boy plays next to the one of the best defenders period in the NBA, and plays against the East wing players of course his analytics will be elevated. Itís a guards game. Itís no surprise Ingles is a top 25 analytic defender either playing with Gobert. When Covington plays the talent on a night to night basis Harris does we can talk. Guarding Curryís, the Lillards, the Hardens, Jimmy Butlers on a night to night basis while being a top option on offense then Iíll give Covington love. He is no where near Harris being 4 years older. He can thank Embiid for his extension.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 12:48 PM
Bucks and Knicks should look at a Jabari and ROY for KP trade.

warfelg
03-12-2018, 12:49 PM
He was doing all of that before Embiid. In fact you could say Embiid hurts him some because he gambles more with Embiid backing him out of the post.

Maybe you should educate yourself on a player before saying something like that.

GREATNESS ONE
03-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Jabari is a Bust

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Jabari is a Bust
**** outta here, troll

tp13baby
03-12-2018, 01:34 PM
He was doing all of that before Embiid. In fact you could say Embiid hurts him some because he gambles more with Embiid backing him out of the post.

Maybe you should educate yourself on a player before saying something like that.

Asinine to say Covington basically on the same level as Harris.

A top scorer on one of the top offenses in the league who has put up a very identical year to Klay is only slightly better than Covington. And defensively a guard who plays against the best offensive players nightly out west who without him has THE WORST defense in the league, and with him is league average compared to a guy that plays next to arguably a DPOY candidate.

The irony of telling someone to get educated but group Harris and RoCo in the same category. ****ing hilarious.

gopackgo87
03-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Asinine to say Covington basically on the same level as Harris.

A top scorer on one of the top offenses in the league who has put up a very identical year to Klay is only slightly better than Covington. And defensively a guard who plays against the best offensive players nightly out west who without him has THE WORST defense in the league, and with him is league average compared to a guy that plays next to arguably a DPOY candidate.

The irony of telling someone to get educated but group Harris and RoCo in the same category. ****ing hilarious.

If I am in the Bucks front office I S&T Parker. He didn't accept a 3-54 extension. I understand he wants to gauge the market but I try and catch a team overpaying and sign and trade like when Jennings left via S&T and Bucks got Brandon Knight and Middleton for him.

FlashBolt
03-12-2018, 01:52 PM
I knew Jabari was better than Wiggins... He's just a more versatile scorer who doesn't need the ball to be efficient or effective. Defensively, he's terrible but offensively, Jabari is an absolute talent. I hope he gets it through all the way because he can easily torch a team for 20 a night on great efficiency.

beasted86
03-12-2018, 04:23 PM
My $$ is on philly. He has potential to be a greater version of Melo but less than PG

I think fit wise and age wise, his best bet is Utah.

Trading Hood opened the door. They have a ton of non guaranteed contracts they can choose to decline.

Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder, Parker, Gobert, Rubio with another lottery pick sounds like a solid roster start. If they hit on that pick they could jump suddenly to very good. Especially if the market dries up on Favors and he sticks around for less.

Parker would be sandwiched between two defensive guys in Crowder and Gobert.

FlashBolt
03-12-2018, 04:32 PM
Only reason I said Philly is because he's a damn good at creating his own shot. Off the ball. Would be good if they think roco can slide to sg. Otherwise it wouldn't worm.

How's Jabari at catch-and-shoot situations and also, three point consistency? For Philly to take that next level, they will need to improve their three point shooting. They are below average and with Simmons being such a force with passing/size, they can use all the shooting possible. Especially with J.J. being a FA next season.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Trading Hood opened the door. They have a ton of non guaranteed contracts they can choose to decline.

Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder, Parker, Gobert, Rubio with another lottery pick sounds like a solid roster start. If they hit on that pick they could jump suddenly to very good. Especially if the market dries up on Favors and he sticks around for less.

Only reason I said Philly is because he's a damn good at creating his own shot. Off the ball. Would be good if they think roco can slide to sg. Otherwise it wouldn't worm.

Heediot
03-12-2018, 04:37 PM

Jabari is a mormon too, so that really helps Utah if they like Jabari.

IndyRealist
03-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Jabari is a Bust

Only if you think all #2 picks should be Lebron by year 4.

He doesn't project to be worth what he's going to get on his next deal, but neither did Oladipo and right now Vic's worth every penny.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 06:05 PM
Jabari is a mormon too, so that really helps Utah if they like Jabari.

I spent extended time out there. If you got Jabari and say they get Jimmer (alright just give him a damn max; it will be worth it) that state would go insane. They wouldn't care if they went 0-82. Honestly. Not even trolling. Like everyone told me out there "Everything in Utah is Utah different"

GREATNESS ONE
03-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Only if you think all #2 picks should be Lebron by year 4.

He doesn't project to be worth what he's going to get on his next deal, but neither did Oladipo and right now Vic's worth every penny.

Maybe, I was too harsh but heís definitely not going to live up to expectations. Hope he can stay healthy but I donít think itís going to happen. It sucks watching all these young players suffer major injuries. Letís watch it play out but I think he will bust.

GREATNESS ONE
03-12-2018, 06:21 PM
**** outta here, troll

Coming from a kid who still lives with his parents, can you speak to people with respect? Or did your parents not teach you ethics? Oh yea! You love Trump. I remember now what kind of person you are..

warfelg
03-12-2018, 07:22 PM
How's Jabari at catch-and-shoot situations and also, three point consistency? For Philly to take that next level, they will need to improve their three point shooting. They are below average and with Simmons being such a force with passing/size, they can use all the shooting possible. Especially with J.J. being a FA next season.

Problems with that:
#1 - RoCo can't really play the full time 2. He can defend them from time to time but he's more a 3/4 than a 2/3.
#2 - RoCo would likely still start at the 3 because of defense.
#3 - We're 13th in the NBA in 3 pt shooting, 10th in FG%. How is that below average?

RoCo is about 10% points behind Jabari in spot up shots, but does it about double the time. But on the flip, RoCo is about 10% points better at the FT line, right there with TS%, a slightly better rebounder, and much better defender.

If we brought Parker in, it would likely be a bench bolstering move.

I think BC is really going to go big game hunting to plug in place of RoCo, or slide RoCo to the 4, and Saric to the bench. If he misses on the big names, I wouldn't be shocked to see the bench get a huge overhaul.

Firefistus
03-12-2018, 07:46 PM

We have been licking our chops to get Parker in Utah a WHILE. There's always rumors of us trying to get him through the trade game. So if the Bucks don't pay up Utah certainly will. He has a very similar game to Boris Diaw, only better, and Diaw was awesome in Utah. So ya, we want him!!

FlashBolt
03-13-2018, 03:51 AM
Problems with that:
#1 - RoCo can't really play the full time 2. He can defend them from time to time but he's more a 3/4 than a 2/3.
#2 - RoCo would likely still start at the 3 because of defense.
#3 - We're 13th in the NBA in 3 pt shooting, 10th in FG%. How is that below average?

RoCo is about 10% points behind Jabari in spot up shots, but does it about double the time. But on the flip, RoCo is about 10% points better at the FT line, right there with TS%, a slightly better rebounder, and much better defender.

If we brought Parker in, it would likely be a bench bolstering move.

I think BC is really going to go big game hunting to plug in place of RoCo, or slide RoCo to the 4, and Saric to the bench. If he misses on the big names, I wouldn't be shocked to see the bench get a huge overhaul.

What does FG% have anything to do with 3P shooting? You guys are 13th in 3P% but 18th in 3PM and 17th in 3PA. That's below average.

Giannis94
03-16-2018, 12:14 PM
Coming from a kid who still lives with his parents, can you speak to people with respect? Or did your parents not teach you ethics? Oh yea! You love Trump. I remember now what kind of person you are..

Donny T did more in 1 year than Obama did in 8. U MAD?!