PDA

View Full Version : March Madness discussion thread

Giannis94
03-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Initial reaction : Oklahoma in is an absolute ****ing joke.

Heediot
03-11-2018, 09:58 PM
I'm thinking Nova or Michigan State to cut down the nets.

Heediot
03-11-2018, 10:04 PM
Initial reaction : Oklahoma in is an absolute ****ing joke.

Once the opposition keyed in on Trae and forced his mates to win games, they struggled.

Giannis94
03-11-2018, 10:19 PM
Once the opposition keyed in on Trae and forced his mates to win games, they struggled.
One of the tanking teams probably paid off the ncaa to get more looks at him. Think I'm trolling? The ncaa is a ****ing joke. I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

CityofTreez
03-11-2018, 10:23 PM
Oklahoma is trae young.
If you suffocate him, they are abysmal.
Bam!

CityofTreez
03-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Homer pick: Kansas
Non-homer pick: Nova

Cartopper
03-12-2018, 02:04 AM
Going with nova or Michigan. I just think Michigan is the hottest team right now. Nova is the most skilled.

Lower seed that I think can make a run. Alabama. They have the best player in the game right now.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Going with nova or Michigan. I just think Michigan is the hottest team right now. Nova is the most skilled.

Lower seed that I think can make a run. Alabama. They have the best player in the game right now.
Wouldn't be shocked if his stock sky rockets.

warfelg
03-12-2018, 08:18 AM
Homer pick: Kansas
Non-homer pick: Nova

Homer pick: UConn
Non-homer pick: UConn

Oh this isnít WCBB Talk?

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Homer pick: UConn
Non-homer pick: UConn

Oh this isnít WCBB Talk?
Blasphemy.. You have to do a little research to make a guess!

warfelg
03-12-2018, 09:20 AM
You completely missed the joke.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 10:30 AM
You completely missed the joke.

No I didn't. I kne what you were going after. I'm not that stupid.

WaDe03
03-12-2018, 11:25 AM
No I didn't. I kne what you were going after. I'm not that stupid.

:rolleyes:

TheDish87
03-12-2018, 12:00 PM
Final 4: Kentucky, Michigan, Duke, Nova
Final: Michigan over Nova
Biggest upset: UNC Greensboro (13) over Gonzaga (4)
First 1 seed bounced: Florida St knocks out Xavier
Cinderella: UNC Greensboro and New Mexico St go to sweet 16
Player(s) who most improves draft stock: Wendell Carter (Duke), Mikal Bridges (Nova),
Player(s) who hurts draft stock: Trae Young (OK), Robert Williams (TX AM)

tp13baby
03-12-2018, 12:04 PM
I'm thinking Nova or Michigan State to cut down the nets.

I second this.

Alabama isnít getting by Nova. Jalen Brunson is the most under talked about upper class men in the country. Basically this years Mason Jr.

Virginia having to play AZ or Kentucky in the sweet 16 is where their run ends.

Xavier as a 1 seed has the hardest road. Missouri I. The second round with Porter back, either the Zags or Ohio, then possibly running into Michigan the hottest team or North Carolina.

WaDe03
03-12-2018, 12:48 PM

Sexton is good but he isn't the best.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 12:53 PM
I have AZ going far. Kinda feel they will have a chip on their shoulders

Sixers3Fan
03-13-2018, 07:16 AM
I got Nova Virginia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cartopper
03-13-2018, 07:45 AM
Sexton is good but he isn't the best.

I donít think heís the best player in college basketball. But I canít think of anyone that has played at the level heís on these past few games.

warfelg
03-13-2018, 09:06 AM
I got a Nova-Zona finals, with Zona winning by 8.

Sixers3Fan
03-13-2018, 06:47 PM
LIU Brooklyn a lot of 3 point attempts to start. 1-5

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 12:35 PM
There's this guy from Arizona expected to be #1. They say he's much older than his actual stated age. Anyone have an idea? Dude does not seem 18..

TheDish87
03-14-2018, 03:51 PM
Ayton. havent heard anything about his age though. kid is a monster a prob a lock to go 1. If im the Bulls or Suns im tanking hard to land him.

Heediot
03-14-2018, 03:53 PM
There's this guy from Arizona expected to be #1. They say he's much older than his actual stated age. Anyone have an idea? Dude does not seem 18..

Might be true, I seen Ayton play at Centrobasket at age 17 or 16 and he looked filled for a guy that young.

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 05:10 PM
http://swarthmorephoenix.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/deandre.jpg

The hell are they feeding kids these days!

FlashBolt
03-14-2018, 05:10 PM
Ayton. havent heard anything about his age though. kid is a monster a prob a lock to go 1. If im the Bulls or Suns im tanking hard to land him.

It'll be fun watching him and Embiid battle it. Both have some sick post moves.

warfelg
03-15-2018, 09:02 AM
http://swarthmorephoenix.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/deandre.jpg

The hell are they feeding kids these days!

Has nothing to do with that. It's all in the fact that they specialize, train, and go to academies that let them have more time to work on their game.

There was one in the area I used to live. They were great at basketball. All their recruited 'scholarship' kids had a schedule like this:
Math
Science
English
History
Lunch
Sports Science (AKA Lifting)
Gym (AKA practice without coaches)
Nutrition Science (AKA supplement time)
"Arts" (AKA A Yoga/stretching class they called "dance")

Then they had real practice and gym time. It was a joke, everyone knew it, but because they were taking state approved 'classes' they didn't get in trouble for effectively practicing more than other teams.

FlashBolt
03-15-2018, 11:05 AM
Has nothing to do with that. It's all in the fact that they specialize, train, and go to academies that let them have more time to work on their game.

There was one in the area I used to live. They were great at basketball. All their recruited 'scholarship' kids had a schedule like this:
Math
Science
English
History
Lunch
Sports Science (AKA Lifting)
Gym (AKA practice without coaches)
Nutrition Science (AKA supplement time)
"Arts" (AKA A Yoga/stretching class they called "dance")

Then they had real practice and gym time. It was a joke, everyone knew it, but because they were taking state approved 'classes' they didn't get in trouble for effectively practicing more than other teams.

Even with all that, their bodies are just insane. Some people are just born with physical traits that can't be replicated.

warfelg
03-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Even with all that, their bodies are just insane. Some people are just born with physical traits that can't be replicated.

Agreed. There is a physical jackpot to be hit. But they get so trained from the start no le itís not that surprising.

valade16
03-16-2018, 06:50 PM
So far I'm 20-4 in my bracket, the best I've ever done.

I was wrong on Miami/Loyola, SD State/Houston, Oklahoma/Rhode Island, and Wichita St./Marshall.

I correctly called Buffalo over Arizona, Butler over Arkansas, Alabama over Virginia Tech and Nevada over Texas.

Wade n Fade
03-16-2018, 06:54 PM
I think Kenny just called Bamba "Mamba" lol.

Wade n Fade
03-16-2018, 06:55 PM
A great game plan by buffalo to let their guards control thw game and just run things. Eliminated ayton early. But not sure that would work in the NBA given the difference in talent.

March Madness doesn't always have the best team win. It takes a few things going right or streaky players. Like Texas Southern has no chance vs Xavier, but an 8/9 seed can beat Xavier. Mizzou didn't even have their best player most of the year. So who knows their limits?

Giannis94
03-16-2018, 06:59 PM
A great game plan by buffalo to let their guards control thw game and just run things. Eliminated ayton early. But not sure that would work in the NBA given the difference in talent.

tp13baby
03-16-2018, 08:35 PM
March Madness doesn't always have the best team win. It takes a few things going right or streaky players. Like Texas Southern has no chance vs Xavier, but an 8/9 seed can beat Xavier. Mizzou didn't even have their best player most of the year. So who knows their limits?

I have Missouri going deep. They got the star type of players that can carry teams.

CityofTreez
03-16-2018, 11:09 PM
Virginia might go down to UMBC

KobeOwnSU
03-16-2018, 11:17 PM
If you're not watching this Virgina -UMBC game, you need to be.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CityofTreez
03-16-2018, 11:23 PM
Game. Set. History....

to your bracket!

CityofTreez
03-16-2018, 11:33 PM
Greatest upset is a massacre lol

Wade n Fade
03-16-2018, 11:37 PM
UMBC of all teams? What a great W and it finally happened. Now we all have to start taking 16 seeds in future bracket pools. Doesn't matter if UVA didn't have their 6th man. You have to win these types of games with the ACC talent UVA has. Lyles was unreal tonight.

Sofnr
03-16-2018, 11:40 PM
Wowzers.

zn23
03-17-2018, 12:10 AM
With March Madness, you have an equal chance of picking a winner in the tournament by playing pin the tail on the donkey than you do listening to experts. Games are usually decided by 3 point shooting.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-17-2018, 12:50 AM
I have Missouri going deep. They got the star type of players that can carry teams.

Well so much for that. MPJr. is like 70% of himself right now.

Heediot
03-17-2018, 09:33 AM
Tournament ball is deadly, especially for teams with high expectations.

It's a one and done scenario, so one bad game, one bad match-up and you could be gone. You don 't have another chance to extend the series, or adjust later in the series after a game. In game adjustments are really important, and even then if your shooters/post ups are cold for one day you are done. For Virginia, their offense isn't the greatest to begin with and tend to have a lot of dry spells.

Teams suck in tight games and closing out games also tend to be victims. This isn't really about Virginia, but some teams/player and coaches tend to cave to the pressure.

Virginia in General though, always seems to over achieve by MILES in the regular season, so they also go into the tournament with big expectations by most. Coach Bennett gets the most out of his team more then anyone in before the Tournament. It's just that his defense heavy team gets exposed in the tournament by certain match-ups, and the iffy offense might lose a game if they go cold. Defense wins championships, but in a one and done, there's less margin for error if your offense isn't the greatest. Personally, I wasn't a believer but at least I thought they beat this school I never even heard of before. It wasn't out of the realm of possibility for an upset of Virginia early to me, but I wonder outside of UMBC homer brackets, probably less then 50 out of 25 million brackets picked the upset.

Who has Virginia sent to the nba, and they are a perennial high seed on the tourney? Outside of Brogdon and Justin Anderson can't think of much more.

Heediot
03-17-2018, 09:38 AM
ESPN sports center covering the Upset like the team just won a title lolol.

Giannis94
03-17-2018, 10:25 AM

They kinda did

valade16
03-17-2018, 04:48 PM

In a way it's more impressive. There have been like 80 champions in history, there has never been a team that has done what UMBC did.

Bostonjorge
03-17-2018, 05:11 PM
Bagley dominating the tournament so far

WOwolfOL
03-18-2018, 07:40 PM
UNC just got thrashed too

TheDish87
03-19-2018, 01:59 PM
march is the best. so much great drama this year. major props to Nevada on these comebacks. Duke looks like the best team so far too.

ewing
03-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Stupid zones

FlashBolt
03-23-2018, 10:15 PM
i think cuse will upset duke...

ewing
03-23-2018, 10:17 PM
Grayson Allen should have come out two years ago and has no future imo but he is still my boy

Heediot
03-24-2018, 09:05 AM
march is the best. so much great drama this year. major props to Nevada on these comebacks. Duke looks like the best team so far too.

Duke seems to blow out smaller schools, even in the regular season. They are legit contenders, just over-rated by the over-reaction to the first two games in the tourney.

At this stage with the parity, it's going to come down to who can close out games and match-ups. Kansas is just as talented as anyone, but they have to close games better. Nova and Kansas are the most seasoned and hardened teams, so they have that to their advantage.

Duke has the big bodies to give Kansas fits. Azubuike is a monster with his size at the 5, but Kansas plays a sg at pf in the starting 5. Might see more De Souza for beef, and Lightfoot just because he has some size. Kansas has the team that can beat your zone which Duke is relying on defensively. Should be a good game.

CityofTreez
03-25-2018, 09:44 AM
Battle of the Blue Bloodz.......

Rock Chalk!

Heediot
03-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Battle of the Blue Bloodz.......

Rock Chalk!

Hopefully Graham goes off, he is due for a big game!

Actually he had 29 against Penn, still he was 9-24 from the field, I'm hoping for a more efficient game from him.

FlashBolt
03-25-2018, 10:41 AM
March madness >>>>> nba playoffs

yeah cause you know Bucks are getting bounced outta the playoffs and Giannis will average 30 points but his team loses by 20 because Giannis only cares about Giannis

Giannis94
03-25-2018, 10:43 AM
March madness >>>>> nba playoffs

CityofTreez
03-25-2018, 01:17 PM
Hopefully Graham goes off, he is due for a big game!

Actually he had 29 against Penn, still he was 9-24 from the field, I'm hoping for a more efficient game from him.

Graham & Vick need to step it up!
Allen & Slav canít carry this team past Duke!

Giannis94
03-25-2018, 03:38 PM
yeah cause you know Bucks are getting bounced outta the playoffs and Giannis will average 30 points but his team loses by 20 because Giannis only cares about Giannis
NBA playoffs have sucked for years. I normally watch a finals game or two at the bars. But it's kinda rigged. Gsw created their super team. LeGm created his. Etc. I might be a bit inclined to watch the rockets and see if they can werk golden st.

I'm surprised you watch the playoffs after throwing away 2 top 5 players in the NBA. Soon too add another top 15 one in pg to mke.

Bucks have a title. Don't talk **** until you win one. Child please.

Lil Rhody
03-25-2018, 03:54 PM
Nova getting all the calls over TT. They are a great team they don't need any help

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MTA12
03-25-2018, 06:28 PM
Duke starting to lag behind!! We need Bagley and Carter to start giving us the inside advantage that I know we have! Mykhailiuk is eating our lunch.

Heediot
03-25-2018, 07:07 PM
classic game. cmon graham. I'll forgive the 2nd half if u show more offense in ot.

bootsy
03-25-2018, 07:20 PM
This Newman kid. Onions

Heediot
03-25-2018, 07:29 PM
Graham shrinks in the clutch with his shooting and attacking with his shot but luckily for Kansas they have malic Newman. dude is a killer. scored all of Kansas points in ot. graham did good passing the ball in the 2ND half though.

lakerfan85
03-25-2018, 07:30 PM
Not a Duke fan but there was some questionable calls in Kansasís favor in OT

ewing
03-25-2018, 07:33 PM
Great game. They have tp do something about the replay rule though. I think they got it right but you canít stop the game for that long.

bootsy
03-25-2018, 07:34 PM

Not really. The only questionable call was the block call on Carter Jr. but that's a 50/50 call.

ewing
03-25-2018, 07:42 PM
Not really. The only questionable call was the block call on Carter Jr. but that's a 50/50 call.

That was a charge. Otherwise the refs were ok

ewing
03-25-2018, 07:47 PM
Could have gone either way but it wasn't a definitive charge.

Like I said

bootsy
03-25-2018, 07:47 PM
That was a charge. Otherwise the refs were ok

Could have gone either way but it wasn't a definitive charge.

bootsy
03-25-2018, 07:51 PM
Like I said

No that's not what you said. You said it was a charge definitively.

ewing
03-25-2018, 07:54 PM
No that's not what you said. You said it was a charge definitively.

I know. It was. if you want play both sides and be like the defender was breathing while waiting to get run over fine but it should have been a charge. That said one bad call doesnít decide a game and otherwise I thought the refs were fine

flea
03-25-2018, 08:00 PM
I'm a Duke fan but we're leaving out the fact that Carter likely committed his 5th on the Kansas PF in regulation, and it was not only a no-call but a turnover because the ref said he stepped out of bounds (replay showed he didn't). Definitely some frustrating calls both ways but it wasn't nearly as bad as some games.

Great game but sucks about the outcome. Duke was good enough to take it all but Kansas destroyed a great rebounding team on the glass most of the game and that was really it in my book. Duke could have done a better job with their bigs in the first half but they're a team that plays 4 true freshmen. Still one of my favorite Duke teams I've ever seen. Odd year considering Duke went big, Kansas (and UNC for that matter) went small since that's the opposite of what all those coaches are known for.

CityofTreez
03-25-2018, 08:36 PM
There we go flea.
You guys got outrebounded by Kansas with a team that only has Azubuike.

Grayson Allen is a mut.

CityofTreez
03-25-2018, 08:44 PM

Officiating is a joke.
Itís been a joke, but deal with it!

krazylegz
03-26-2018, 01:38 PM
i have michigan beating duke in my bracket,but nova is the only team out of the four who can play their C+ game and still win by double digits...the other three teams C game will get them beat

Heediot
03-31-2018, 08:17 PM
Michigan controls the last 15 minutes or so. Defense stepped up. Mo Wagner was massive. Great run by Loyola!!

CityofTreez
03-31-2018, 08:23 PM
Iím already drunk for this!

**** it! Rock Chalk!

Heediot
03-31-2018, 08:28 PM
Iím already drunk for this!

**** it! Rock Chalk!

:cheers:

be cool!!

Heediot
03-31-2018, 09:45 PM
Villanova Warriors!

CityofTreez
03-31-2018, 09:53 PM
God Damn....did they miss a 3-pointer?

Sheet!

goingfor28
03-31-2018, 09:53 PM
That Wagner kid just looks like an *** hole. I hope Nova/Kansas beats the **** out of Michigan in the champ game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cartopper
03-31-2018, 10:14 PM

Well first half was pretty accurate. Later portion, not so much.

Heediot
03-31-2018, 11:02 PM
Well first half was pretty accurate. Later portion, not so much.

Nice picks bro!

I had Nova and/or Michigan too, but the michigan I had was the one in East Lansing.

Heediot
03-31-2018, 11:02 PM
Out executed, Nova clearly the better team.

CityofTreez
03-31-2018, 11:06 PM
Hope Villanova wins it all, and Sac Kings draft Bridges

Cartopper
04-01-2018, 04:19 AM
Nice picks bro!

I had Nova and/or Michigan too, but the michigan I had was the one in East Lansing.

Thank ya sir. Michigan just seemed to be peaking at the perfect time. And nova is the most impressive team as a whole. So many shooters.

Heediot
04-03-2018, 12:02 AM
No drama and Nova made it look easy. Congrats nova.