PDA

View Full Version : 3/10 & 3/11 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
03-10-2018, 05:17 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/2s0ydf7.jpg

Vee-Rex
03-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Let's see if Charlotte will do us all a solid and lose to the Suns like they lost to the Nets. Unlikely, but possible.

Good to see the Mavaliers and Grizzlies bumping heads. Win/Win situation, though at this point I think we gotta give up hope of the Nets finishing #1 or #2 on the tankathon. Best case scenario is #3 which would be benefited by a Mavaliers win. So we're rooting for the Mavs tonight, boyos.

LAC should squash Orlando so nothing to get our hopes up about on that one.

http://www.tankathon.com/

Sixers3Fan
03-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Need Miami to come away with a W tonight.

archdevil84
03-10-2018, 08:12 PM
Every game counts at this point. Hope miami can drag it out with no whiteside

Cal827
03-10-2018, 08:17 PM
You saw the best against the best last night, then you'll love the bull**** against the bull**** we have for you tonight!- NBA

:laugh2:

WaDe03
03-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Miami is a new team lately.

Cal827
03-10-2018, 10:40 PM
Jesus, the Wizards are getting blown the hell out... that was supposed to be one of the two good games tonight :laugh2:

kdspurman
03-10-2018, 11:02 PM
Haven't watched a ton of OKC this year, but WB still seeking out those triple doubles I see. Passing up some decent looking shots

WaDe03
03-10-2018, 11:12 PM
LeBrons worst nightmare is a matchup against the Heat.

Giannis94
03-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Jesus, the Wizards are getting blown the hell out... that was supposed to be one of the two good games tonight :laugh2:
Pretty sure I read it was their 3/5 and the last game of their long bender.

Cal827
03-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Pretty sure I read it was their 3/5 and the last game of their long bender.

Ah fair enough

Cal827
03-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Derozan and Lowry aren't shooting the ball that well, and they have posted 102 points after 3... I'm so happy that their offense has changed over the past years :laugh2:

zn23
03-11-2018, 04:36 PM
Raps just look head and shoulders like the best team in the east. I know the Cavs have LeBron and he can change games himself, but this Raps team is deeper than it has ever been and has easily the best bench in the league. If those 3s aren't falling for the Cavs, they'll be in huge trouble.

Sixers3Fan
03-11-2018, 05:00 PM
No messing around tonight and leave Brooklyn with a W. Hopefully they are mentally ready to play compared to last game. Can't afford to be losing these kinds of games

aman_13
03-11-2018, 05:06 PM
No messing around tonight and leave Brooklyn with a W. Hopefully they are mentally ready to play compared to last game. Can't afford to be losing these kinds of games

The Nets are no picnic. They go at you and they move the ball really well.

Sixers3Fan
03-11-2018, 05:34 PM
The Nets are no picnic. They go at you and they move the ball really well.

It just feels like the games we need to take care of and should win we lose to and have trouble with.

Giannis94
03-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Didn't they ****ing wax/dominate you guys last time yall played. Pretty sure they did.

Giannis94
03-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Kd is shooting like crazy only 10-29. Big ole kitty Kat is 10-20

pebloemer
03-11-2018, 06:20 PM
AD with 10 blocks tonight.

zn23
03-11-2018, 06:44 PM
7th Triple Double of season for Jokic.

mightybosstone
03-11-2018, 07:07 PM
The Wolves did the Rockets a favor tonight. I'm hoping Houston can capitalize despite Harden being out tonight.

Cal827
03-11-2018, 07:56 PM
The Wolves did the Rockets a favor tonight. I'm hoping Houston can capitalize despite Harden being out tonight.

Is it just a precautionary DNP for Harden? I know there was a scary moment Friday night when Derozan fell back into Harden.

mightybosstone
03-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Is it just a precautionary DNP for Harden? I know there was a scary moment Friday night when Derozan fell back into Harden.

Yeah. His knee is a little sore from that play, but I think they saw this is as an easyish W, so it was a good opportunity for him to get a rest on the first night of a back-to-back.

Good finish to the half by the Rockets, but that was an ugly, sloppy first half of basketball. Without Harden, their offense has just zero flow when Paul is off the floor.

Cal827
03-11-2018, 08:42 PM
^ I would say that third quarter probably got you guys the W.

Man, I'm still not used to seeing Dallas be so bad :laugh2:

More-Than-Most
03-11-2018, 09:22 PM
its hilarious.... Okafor is giving us the game : )

Vee-Rex
03-11-2018, 09:39 PM
My boy John Holland made a free throw!

zn23
03-11-2018, 10:29 PM
Cavs are looking like they did before the trade... Very dependent on hitting 3s.

Giannis94
03-11-2018, 10:34 PM
its hilarious.... Okafor is giving us the game : )
You know what's also not so hilarious? That D'Angelo Russell is the best guard between the two teams. Baw gahd dlo!

KobeOwnSU
03-11-2018, 10:48 PM
This is the first Cavs game I've watched all year. How are they even 3rd in the east?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cal827
03-11-2018, 10:56 PM
IT trying to make a statement here.

Thicc Boi wants revenge :laugh2:

zn23
03-11-2018, 11:00 PM
IT trying to make a statement here.

zn23
03-11-2018, 11:11 PM
Of the new Cavs Larry Nance Jr. is the most promising. But he's kinda like Enes Kanter. Good on offense, but poor on defense. No way they can play him and Kevin Love at the same time when Love returns.

Cal827
03-11-2018, 11:22 PM
With the Loss and the Pacers win, Indiana now leapfrogs Cleveland for 3rd in the east/1st in the central

Giannis94
03-11-2018, 11:31 PM
Free luol!

PAOboston
03-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Cs need to rest everyone down the stretch. They are a walking mash unit right now. They are locked into 2nd place at this point. Zero chance 3rd place team overtakes them at this point. Just get everyone right for the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
03-11-2018, 11:45 PM
Of the new Cavs Larry Nance Jr. is the most promising. But he's kinda like Enes Kanter. Good on offense, but poor on defense. No way they can play him and Kevin Love at the same time when Love returns.

Kinda a hot take if I ever seen one. Stats show otherwise. Nance has played well on defense so far.

Cavs are banged up and it has sorta sapped their effort and energy. We have the same amount of size as last year yet we're ranked bottom 5 in rebounding this year - mostly due to the fact that Love and TT has started only a few games together. LA scored their first few baskets off a total of like 4 offensive rebounds right away.

Randle scored most of his points on Jeff Green (who did terrible starting btw). That's a mismatch waiting to happen though. Cavs have 1 power forward (Nance) and 1 center (Zizic) healthy on the roster right now.

Then LeBron doesn't box out or play with any serious effort at the 4 position, which makes sense. Why go all out for a regular season game?

We're limping to the end of the regular season, and while it remains to be seen on whether or not we'll make it out of the East, only a fool will overlook them and think they can't be better come playoff time.

Cal827
03-12-2018, 12:37 AM
Cs need to rest everyone down the stretch. They are a walking mash unit right now. They are locked into 2nd place at this point. Zero chance 3rd place team overtakes them at this point. Just get everyone right for the playoffs.

I agree with you there, the Celts really don't want to test out Irving's knee with some of his history with knee injuries. Assuming that Toronto doesn't completely fall off the wagon when their streak eventually snaps, Boston would have to almost be perfect in their final 15 games in order to pass the Raptors in the standings. Don't want to lose anyone for the big games trying to fight for a spot that (at this time) seems a bit out of reach.

DanG
03-12-2018, 08:03 AM

Actually, Larry Nance Jr. is limited offensively, but good on defense.

Lol.

TheDish87
03-12-2018, 08:55 AM
the Cavs arent winning the East.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 10:40 AM
MTM talked **** about Giannis for resting a game or two. Where you at little boy? Gonna talk **** about harden and kyrie?

More-Than-Most
03-12-2018, 10:51 AM
MTM talked **** about Giannis for resting a game or two. Where you at little boy? Gonna talk **** about harden and kyrie?

i talk **** about those 2 players more than any other player over the past few years lol.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 10:59 AM
I shouldn't have posted what I did. Not sure what I was thinking.

FlashBolt
03-12-2018, 01:51 PM
Last year was the same for the Cavs. They ended the season playing absolute trash but ended up killing the East. Granted, Toronto and Boston clearly look better but I'm not betting against LeBron in the East until proven otherwise. I still don't think LeBron cares that much about winning the East. But it's official; I don't think this Cavs team will win a game vs Rockets or Warriors. They have been terrible. LeBron is still doing his thing but Hood, Hill, and Clarkson to a lesser extent haven't been playing well at all. I blame Lue. I have no idea what he's doing with the roster at all.

WaDe03
03-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Cavs are missing a 6MOY type player that is legendary in he clutch and can single handedly take over 4th quarters to help LeBron. ;)

mightybosstone
03-12-2018, 03:22 PM
But you need to give them the giannis treatment and start talking mad **** right now.

Harden was probably sore after taking it from the reffs as payment for ****ing other teams over.

Dude, what is your deal? You're just completely going off on other players and teams and trolling like crazy the last couple of days. You keep getting banned and come back acting as if you were a saint, but THIS kind of crap is the reason you're getting banned. You act like a complete tool half the time and go out of your way to instigate when there's literally no reason to.

You'll get zero sympathy from me when you eventually get permabanned. If this is how you're going to act, then PSD is way better off without you.

Giannis94
03-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Dude, what is your deal? You're just completely going off on other players and teams and trolling like crazy the last couple of days. You keep getting banned and come back acting as if you were a saint, but THIS kind of crap is the reason you're getting banned. You act like a complete tool half the time and go out of your way to instigate when there's literally no reason to.

You'll get zero sympathy from me when you eventually get permabanned. If this is how you're going to act, then PSD is way better off without you.
Yeah you're right. I was out of line for that.

PAOboston
03-12-2018, 03:42 PM
I agree with you there, the Celts really don't want to test out Irving's knee with some of his history with knee injuries. Assuming that Toronto doesn't completely fall off the wagon when their streak eventually snaps, Boston would have to almost be perfect in their final 15 games in order to pass the Raptors in the standings. Don't want to lose anyone for the big games trying to fight for a spot that (at this time) seems a bit out of reach.Well, Theis and Smart are now done for season/out indefinitely. Gonna be tough sledding the rest of the way. Big, big losses for Cs.

tredigs
03-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Last year was the same for the Cavs. They ended the season playing absolute trash but ended up killing the East. Granted, Toronto and Boston clearly look better but I'm not betting against LeBron in the East until proven otherwise. I still don't think LeBron cares that much about winning the East. But it's official; I don't think this Cavs team will win a game vs Rockets or Warriors. They have been terrible. LeBron is still doing his thing but Hood, Hill, and Clarkson to a lesser extent haven't been playing well at all. I blame Lue. I have no idea what he's doing with the roster at all.
Lebron probably should not have traded his entire team mid-season. IT is a legit/efficient ~ 28 PPG scorer who is starting to round into form as we speak. He demanded that trade (let's not pretend otherwise) for secondary talents. Biggest mistake of his career imo. The East is the Raptors. But if the Cavs do somehow make the Finals, that is the easiest SWEEP in decades; be it the Warriors or Rockets. If the Raptors make it - which I expect they do - that will be a very fun series... that they will lose.

FlashBolt
03-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Lebron probably should not have traded his entire team mid-season. IT is a legit/efficient ~ 28 PPG scorer who is starting to round into form as we speak. He demanded that trade (let's not pretend otherwise) for secondary talents. Biggest mistake of his career imo. The East is the Raptors. But if the Cavs do somehow make the Finals, that is the easiest SWEEP in decades; be it the Warriors or Rockets. If the Raptors make it - which I expect they do - that will be a very fun series... that they will lose.

I disagree on the IT part just on chemistry alone in the locker room. I can't imagine Love+IT being able to co-exist. It's one thing to play on a team that has expectations to win a ring and then being sent as a bench player on a team that is clearly rebuilding. IT was just terrible. I think he had the worst defensive rating in the past 25 years or whatever it was. Love+TT being out certainly doesn't help them getting adjusted with the new team but really, I just can't see Raptors or Boston beating LeBron four times in a seven game series. Teams from the West? Sure. But not Raptors/Boston. And Raptors really have no experience at all in the playoffs. Their entire bench are complete noobies. Outside of J.Val, DeRozan+Lowry (forgetable playoff experiences), Ibaka, and C.J. Miles, this is a team that mostly has no idea what the playoffs are like.

WaDe03
03-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Yeah you're right. I was out of line for that.

Don't let it happen again.

tredigs
03-12-2018, 05:34 PM
I disagree on the IT part just on chemistry alone in the locker room. I can't imagine Love+IT being able to co-exist. It's one thing to play on a team that has expectations to win a ring and then being sent as a bench player on a team that is clearly rebuilding. IT was just terrible. I think he had the worst defensive rating in the past 25 years or whatever it was. Love+TT being out certainly doesn't help them getting adjusted with the new team but really, I just can't see Raptors or Boston beating LeBron four times in a seven game series. Teams from the West? Sure. But not Raptors/Boston. And Raptors really have no experience at all in the playoffs. Their entire bench are complete noobies. Outside of J.Val, DeRozan+Lowry (forgetable playoff experiences), Ibaka, and C.J. Miles, this is a team that mostly has no idea what the playoffs are like.

IT was injured and never played with them prior to that injury... that was never going to go well at the onset. Lebron is a horrible teammate for a star to shine with to be honest, but he was by far their best chance to win the Finals. There is absolutely no chance of them doing so with filler (which is what they got). As far as Toronto goes, I'm generally not a believer, but they are simply by far the best team in the East. They're going to beat the Cavs this year. I'm saying in 6.

Vee-Rex
03-12-2018, 05:37 PM
As far as Toronto goes, I'm generally not a believer, but they are simply by far the best team in the East. They're going to beat the Cavs this year. I'm saying in 6.

Here we go again. Everyone was so sure of this last year. Now they're sure of it yet again.

I think we're done with the Cavs smoking the East and that it would be a tough series one way or the other, but even the more rational Raps fans are careful to say they're definitely beating the Cavs this year.

nastynice
03-12-2018, 05:45 PM
I felt the cavs shoulda kept IT. He coulds stayed injured, so it could been a risk, but they shoulda held him

Raps gonna do damage in the playoffs this year. They are clearly better than past years, derozan is a ****in stud

tredigs
03-13-2018, 12:19 AM
Here we go again. Everyone was so sure of this last year. Now they're sure of it yet again.

I think we're done with the Cavs smoking the East and that it would be a tough series one way or the other, but even the more rational Raps fans are careful to say they're definitely beating the Cavs this year.

I'm being a little hyperbolic, but they're the favorites without question. I was actually going to bet them to come out of the East earlier today but I wanted a +money bet and unfortunately Vegas agrees that they are the favorite.