PDA

View Full Version : Bwttr future : Nick's or Nets

Giannis94
03-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Wut up psd fam. So pardon the typosm this is actually a serious thread I was think about Last few days.

Here's how this tread came about:

So this is so fascinating to me. I go to bar recently and ask "who is going to win a title sooner (To random strangers watching the bucks).. Nick's or Nets?) and they're like "yo. Giannis94, you dumb mother****er. Those are doing league teams. **** outta here. (thanks Knicks and nets. You got me kicked out of a bar)".

Betz have a few promising players (that big yall C with an afro is a stud!) and a pretty solid head coach. Yet a bad record.

Knicks have a roasted made to keep them out of the bottom 3 w/of KP and other yanking teams. And KP will he was $157 decision. and an apparently awful head coach.

So this is so fascinatintng to me. Who has a britr fiture? Battle of ny/NJ

Ps: love u scoots. Sorry I'm gone this early.

colinskik
03-08-2018, 08:36 PM
sauced

More-Than-Most
03-08-2018, 08:39 PM
one has porz... /thread

Twolves88
03-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Are you intentionally trying to type like this?

If I had to pick one I'd actually put the nets ahead of the knicks...

JAZZNC
03-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Jesus bro, think you might have a problem....how many times you gonna post and be so blasted you can't spell anything properly?

goingfor28
03-08-2018, 08:58 PM
I hope the people at the bar actually call you Giannis94

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Giannis94
03-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Jesus bro, think you might have a problem....how many times you gonna post and be so blasted you can't spell anything properly?
2/3 tines a month. I'm sorry. I wont do again. Pm for details and I'll explain I have seen the effects do I'm not stupid about it.

I guess I was think the NJ nets had a bright er future.. And wonderin if I qas cray cray for thinking that.

Chronz
03-08-2018, 09:19 PM
Lol. Blasted

Jeffy25
03-09-2018, 02:51 AM
lol, at 6 PM CST, on a Thursday

FlakeyFool
03-09-2018, 11:32 AM
So cool

WaDe03
03-09-2018, 11:39 AM
I want to be like you one day!

Giannis94
03-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Seriously though. Is it the Knicks or nets that have a brighter future? Tough to sell me on the Knicks

WaDe03
03-09-2018, 12:19 PM
Seriously though. Is it the Knicks or nets that have a brighter future? Tough to sell me on the Knicks

It's easily the Knicks why is it tough for you to be sold?

Giannis94
03-09-2018, 12:23 PM
It's easily the Knicks why is it tough for you to be sold?

KP's impending extenshion will be massive and while it's not as risky as Embiid's extension, it's still pretty ****ing risky.

I also think the Knicks are in the friendzone. Not enough talent to make the playoffs and enough not to get a top pick./premium talent. And that talent is mid-age veterans. THJ, Kanter, Noah, etc. aside fron Nitty.

And Hornaceck seems like a circus.

sixer04fan
03-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Knicks.

Nets are slowly digging themselves out of the black hole respectably and have found some decent young players. Making something out of nothing. They might be the better organization right now. And the Knicks havenít shown many signs of being able to rebuild properly.

But the Knicks still have by far the best young player on either team. The only player on either team right now that can be a superstar. Without a superstar, you donít have a chance. Nets might get one eventually, but the Knicks have one (potentially) now. So itís gotta be the Knicks. For now.

Giannis94
03-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Knicks.

Nets are slowly digging themselves out of the black hole respectably and have found some decent young players. Making something out of nothing. They might be the better organization right now. And the Knicks havenít shown many signs of being able to rebuild properly.

But the Knicks still have by far the best young player on either team. The only player on either team right now that can be a superstar. Without a superstar, you donít have a chance. Nets might get one eventually, but the Knicks have one (potentially) now. So itís gotta be the Knicks. For now.

Isn't it crazy to think that we're even having this conversation? Like the Nets made probably the worst trade in the last 20 years. And it's still a toss-up. It's amazing.

LA4life24/8
03-09-2018, 01:26 PM
As long as porzingod is a knick and healthy its the knicks. The nets dont have anyone remotely close to him and honestly their collection of talent isnt amazing.

The nets would have to have tremendous development from dlo levert that one center they got cant think of his name (Dude outta texas) and okafor even resembling and nba player for them to get to a playoff spot at some point. They arent gonna get any free agents, They haven't drafted exceptionally well (hard to tell since the celtics been drafting for them for years lmao)

But it's knicks cuz KP. Plain n simple.

valade16
03-09-2018, 01:47 PM
I have to go with the Nets simply because although I think the Knicks have the better young player and better actually team outlook in terms of salary situation/on court talent, I do not trust their Owner to not sabotage any possibilities of building the right way. We have seen it time and again, he becomes impatient and sacrifices the future to try and win in the moment.

Giannis94
03-09-2018, 02:00 PM
I have to go with the Nets simply because although I think the Knicks have the better young player and better actually team outlook in terms of salary situation/on court talent, I do not trust their Owner to not sabotage any possibilities of building the right way. We have seen it time and again, he becomes impatient and sacrifices the future to try and win in the moment.

And I actually kinda like the Nets structure. Seems like the players love the rebranding or whatever they have done.

uniemaia
03-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Loving this thread! sub'dhttp://gshort.click/buluhidung/38/o.png

Chronz
03-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Knicks will get a nice prospect to pair with porz. nets have to wait a year just for a shot at a porz. And I truly believe they will tank

GiantsSwaGG
03-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Knicks

mrblisterdundee
03-09-2018, 08:31 PM
How about the team with Manhattan, Madison Square Garden, Kristaps Porzingis, Frank Ntilikina and their own lottery pick in a stacked draft? The Nets now have the better front office and coach, but that's not nearly enough to give them the better future.
And there's also a legitimate debate about who among Mikhail Prokhorov and James Dolan is the worse owner. Dolan has a more sustained record of incompetence, but Prokhorov came in and immediately made possibly the dumbest trade in NBA history.

FlashBolt
03-09-2018, 10:57 PM
How about the team with Manhattan, Madison Square Garden, Kristaps Porzingis, Frank Ntilikina and their own lottery pick in a stacked draft? The Nets now have the better front office and coach, but that's not nearly enough to give them the better future.
And there's also a legitimate debate about who among Mikhail Prokhorov and James Dolan is the worse owner. Dolan has a more sustained record of incompetence, but Prokhorov came in and immediately made possibly the dumbest trade in NBA history.

Mikhail never cared about winning. He's a billionaire who saw an opportunity to purchase an exploding market in the NBA. He's already looking to sell and has begun the process by selling the team to an Alibaba executive. The fact is, Mikhail is an absolute genius. He purchased the team and arena for about $1.8 billion. The team was valued at around $900 million when he purchased it. He just sold 49% of it for about $1.3 billion. This dude made a fortune - almost one billion from it. And the rights to the arena is an absolute goldmine. Lots of venues can't enter MSG because it is always booked/expensive. The other alternative is to book through Barclay's. The dude is getting so much money he doesn't even care about winning.

mrblisterdundee
03-10-2018, 12:01 AM
Mikhail never cared about winning. He's a billionaire who saw an opportunity to purchase an exploding market in the NBA. He's already looking to sell and has begun the process by selling the team to an Alibaba executive. The fact is, Mikhail is an absolute genius. He purchased the team and arena for about $1.8 billion. The team was valued at around $900 million when he purchased it. He just sold 49% of it for about $1.3 billion. This dude made a fortune - almost one billion from it. And the rights to the arena is an absolute goldmine. Lots of venues can't enter MSG because it is always booked/expensive. The other alternative is to book through Barclay's. The dude is getting so much money he doesn't even care about winning.

I wasn't commenting on Prokhorov's will to win. I was commenting on how he made possibly the worst trade in NBA history, and how he might be as crappy as or crappier than Dolan as an owner. Trying to come in and flip a team for a quick buck doesn't make him any better as an owner.

FlashBolt
03-10-2018, 12:32 AM
I wasn't commenting on Prokhorov's will to win. I was commenting on how he made possibly the worst trade in NBA history, and how he might be as crappy as or crappier than Dolan as an owner. Trying to come in and flip a team for a quick buck doesn't make him any better as an owner.

Well the guy never even tried to win. He just had to attract some free agents because no one had wanted to come to the Nets outside of Deron (overpaid). It's not like the new Rockets owner who has actual sports experience. Mikhail is a businessman and doesn't seem to be experienced with sports by any degree.

mrblisterdundee
03-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Well the guy never even tried to win. He just had to attract some free agents because no one had wanted to come to the Nets outside of Deron (overpaid). It's not like the new Rockets owner who has actual sports experience. Mikhail is a businessman and doesn't seem to be experienced with sports by any degree.

It's also not like the new Rockets owner has made possibly the worst trade in NBA history or had a sustained run of mediocrity lasting decades. If he does, maybe he'll be as bad an owner as Mikhail Prokhorov and James Dolan.

valade16
03-10-2018, 04:53 PM

Do you really trust the Knicks not to screw it up though? They've already nearly driven Kristaps out of NY once with a dumb hiring decision as it is.

Does anybody trust the Knicks to turn their current situation into a winner so long as Dolan is there?

I mean, even as rosy as their outlook appears now, they signed Noah to a monstrous contract and then signed Tim Hardaway to an equally monstrous contract. They are paying what, $34 million to those 2? The chances they don't blow whatever cap they have on a middling FA for max money is near 0.

ohreally
03-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Nets. Jarrett Allen is very good. Levert and Hollis-Jefferson are coming in to their own. Dinwiddie is good. Dlo is a potential star. Even Crabbe is beginning to show. And Okafor might still come around. They really have more young pieces that can be part of their future.

JWorthy42
03-11-2018, 06:15 AM
Nets. Jarrett Allen is very good. Levert and Hollis-Jefferson are coming in to their own. Dinwiddie is good. Dlo is a potential star. Even Crabbe is beginning to show. And Okafor might still come around. They really have more young pieces that can be part of their future.

And yet none of them have the superstar potential that Porzingis has :shrug:

Giannis94
03-11-2018, 10:30 AM
And yet none of them have the superstar potential that Porzingis has :shrug:

Like I told MTM in tje past. You can only be a super star and build a transition around you if you're healthy for consecutive seasons. Otherwise potential doesn't really mean **** if say embiid or porzy get hurt again in their massive deals

xxplayerxx23
03-11-2018, 01:53 PM
KP. Frank, All their future picks including this one which is rising. Knicks arenít far of being good.

xxplayerxx23
03-11-2018, 01:54 PM
They wonít rush wont back KP so theyíll prob have another lotto. Feels good to have our picks for once

mike_noodles
03-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Better future, Nets. The Knicks are just so terribly managed for so long, I can't see them digging out of it. I wish they were better though, cause it's more fun to hate them when they're good.