PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant wins the Oscar For Best Animated Short Film

LaVar Ball
03-05-2018, 02:16 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2762650-kobe-bryants-dear-basketball-wins-oscar-award-for-best-animated-short-film.amp.html

Jeffy25
03-05-2018, 02:27 AM
https://www.go90.com/videos/261MflWkD3N?tab=details

LaVar Ball
03-05-2018, 02:31 AM

Thank you!

LA_Raiders
03-05-2018, 03:06 AM
Great achievement for Kobe. 5 Ships and 1 Oscar amazing...

SirSkyHook
03-05-2018, 06:25 AM
Really an awesome achievement. Congrats to the Bean. He's showing Mamba mentality may have started on the court, but can be used in all aspects of life, good on him.

rayden
03-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Good for him. Has anyone seen it? Is it for free on YouTube?

Giannis94
03-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Hard not to agree. congrats to kobe. but yeah.

Clay Travis

@ClayTravis
So Harvey Weinstein gets kicked out of Hollywood and Kobe Bryant gets two jerseys retired and wins an Oscar in the same #metoo year. Simply amazing.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=503482

ewing
03-05-2018, 11:39 AM
That was really good

Bostonjorge
03-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Great job Kobe. Kobe going after Jack Nicolas now. 2 more Oscars to go Kobe.

jaydubb
03-05-2018, 03:01 PM
Best player ever to win an academy award

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Jeffy25
03-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Good for him. Has anyone seen it? Is it for free on YouTube?

I linked to it above

goingfor28
03-06-2018, 01:23 AM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=503482:clap:

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Scoots
03-06-2018, 01:44 AM

First thing I thought of with all the furor over sexual misconduct this year.

SirSkyHook
03-06-2018, 06:16 AM
Rape case argument is crazy to me. His accuser's character according to people she went to school wasn't the best, she had multiple semen in her underwear, she took a check instead of seeing it through, she went to a game he played in, in the finals against boston, and there was something else that doesn't come to mind. Everything screams b.s to me. It is literally only sticking because it was a black dude who was accused of raping a white girl. It was consensual up until anal play supposedly, and he didn't know he raped her. One of the most jacked up thing a women can do to a man is let him into her and when she's done getting hers or changes her mind on it in the middle to decide tell him to stop or its rape ( and thats assuming she said stop) , thats difficult for most man. I have two daughters that i will kill for, so im not some dumb *** on hear pretending or a crazed Kobe fan. That **** for all ive read was a money play and people are eating it up. How many issues has he had sense? It's not like Saints Big Ben who had many accusers. It was one fishy situation people want to believe is true. If someone who i cant kill rapes one of my daughters, to hell with the money, to hell with being afraid to face him in court, and **** a death threat, we have to see this offender behind bars, not at a damn finals game. It's sad people cant seperate their hatred for him on the court from real life ish. That rape case gets me heated because its so damn obvious what went down. I hate race motivated benefit of the doubt. Its like when a white cop shots a unarmed black man the cop gets the benefit of a doubt when they're trained that lethal force is last resort measures unless there under attack by an armed prup, my brother in law is a cop, wife and uncles served in the military and everyone shares the same disdain for it. They are **** people in every color and of every background. People need to get over that **** because you destroy lives and reputations over it. My eldest child is my son and i fear this world will consume him with race motivated stupidity.

Scoots
03-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Rape case argument is crazy to me. His accuser's character according to people she went to school wasn't the best, she had multiple semen in her underwear, she took a check instead of seeing it through, she went to a game he played in, in the finals against boston, and there was something else that doesn't come to mind. Everything screams b.s to me. It is literally only sticking because it was a black dude who was accused of raping a white girl. It was consensual up until anal play supposedly, and he didn't know he raped her. One of the most jacked up thing a women can do to a man is let him into her and when she's done getting hers or changes her mind on it in the middle to decide tell him to stop or its rape ( and thats assuming she said stop) , thats difficult for most man. I have two daughters that i will kill for, so im not some dumb *** on hear pretending or a crazed Kobe fan. That **** for all ive read was a money play and people are eating it up. How many issues has he had sense? It's not like Saints Big Ben who had many accusers. It was one fishy situation people want to believe is true. If someone who i cant kill rapes one of my daughters, to hell with the money, to hell with being afraid to face him in court, and **** a death threat, we have to see this offender behind bars, not at a damn finals game. It's sad people cant seperate their hatred for him on the court from real life ish. That rape case gets me heated because its so damn obvious what went down. I hate race motivated benefit of the doubt. Its like when a white cop shots a unarmed black man the cop gets the benefit of a doubt when they're trained that lethal force is last resort measures unless there under attack by an armed prup, my brother in law is a cop, wife and uncles served in the military and everyone shares the same disdain for it. They are **** people in every color and of every background. People need to get over that **** because you destroy lives and reputations over it. My eldest child is my son and i fear this world will consume him with race motivated stupidity.

It's not race ... look at the people who got in trouble in hollywood this year, mostly a bunch of old white dudes. At this point in hollywood any accusation is a killer.

Hawkeye15
03-06-2018, 10:42 AM

well, we need to teach our young men to protect themselves, just as much as we teach our young women. Athletes (or rich celebs in general) need to be even more cautious. Predators are everywhere. I feel no sympathy for Kobe over that event, he should have been smarter. Even if the woman is a complete pile of ****.

Hawkeye15
03-06-2018, 10:47 AM
I am realizing that I only hated Kobe because of his fans, and some of his arrogant manners. However, I kind of like Kobe overall, which is shocking to me. I think he is very intelligent, and will likely become a fan of his over time.

Congrats to Kobe. I look forward to watching this

ewing
03-06-2018, 11:09 AM
I am realizing that I only hated Kobe because of his fans, and some of his arrogant manners. However, I kind of like Kobe overall, which is shocking to me. I think he is very intelligent, and will likely become a fan of his over time.

Kobe was a guy a respected more and more as his time went on. The swan song was a joke but otherwise he earned my respect and fandom over time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerSL
03-06-2018, 11:54 AM

That's a conservative talking point, but Kobe and Weinstein are not the same in any way whatsoever. Weinstein was caught abusing power to gain sexual favors from aspiring actresses for his entire career. Kobe was accused of rape, and if anyone knows the facts surrounding Kobe's trial, it's reasonable to believe that he was innocent. The circumstances between the two are far different and to compare them is just ignorant.

TylerSL
03-06-2018, 11:55 AM
Kobe was a guy a respected more and more as his time went on. The swan song was a joke but otherwise he earned my respect and fandom over time

Agree with this, and I used to hate Kobe. By the end of his career he was one of my 5-10 favorite players.

jaydubb
03-06-2018, 11:56 AM
Rape case argument is crazy to me. His accuser's character according to people she went to school wasn't the best, she had multiple semen in her underwear, she took a check instead of seeing it through, she went to a game he played in, in the finals against boston, and there was something else that doesn't come to mind. Everything screams b.s to me. It is literally only sticking because it was a black dude who was accused of raping a white girl. It was consensual up until anal play supposedly, and he didn't know he raped her. One of the most jacked up thing a women can do to a man is let him into her and when she's done getting hers or changes her mind on it in the middle to decide tell him to stop or its rape ( and thats assuming she said stop) , thats difficult for most man. I have two daughters that i will kill for, so im not some dumb *** on hear pretending or a crazed Kobe fan. That **** for all ive read was a money play and people are eating it up. How many issues has he had sense? It's not like Saints Big Ben who had many accusers. It was one fishy situation people want to believe is true. If someone who i cant kill rapes one of my daughters, to hell with the money, to hell with being afraid to face him in court, and **** a death threat, we have to see this offender behind bars, not at a damn finals game. It's sad people cant seperate their hatred for him on the court from real life ish. That rape case gets me heated because its so damn obvious what went down. I hate race motivated benefit of the doubt. Its like when a white cop shots a unarmed black man the cop gets the benefit of a doubt when they're trained that lethal force is last resort measures unless there under attack by an armed prup, my brother in law is a cop, wife and uncles served in the military and everyone shares the same disdain for it. They are **** people in every color and of every background. People need to get over that **** because you destroy lives and reputations over it. My eldest child is my son and i fear this world will consume him with race motivated stupidity.Bingo

That case gets me heated too.. Every report suggests the idea that this white girl saw an opportunity to get some big money from a black multimillionaire athlete. And she got exactly what she wanted. Kobe never had any other issues off the court, never. I love how whenever kobe accomplishes something, haters always resort to the, "yea, but he's still a rapist tho..." look at what's happening in Hollywood right now, lots of celebs are being accused of rape and guess what, they are probably guilty because other accusers are coming out too, nobody ever came out to suggest kobe raped others, in fact previous girlfriends came out and said that he was always respectful with them.. And it's usually the same thing every time, the accuser takes a while to finally come out and accuse the celeb because they were scared. This girl with kobe, not only had sex with her boyfriend within a few hours after having sex with kobe (which is definitely something a rape victim wouldn't do right away), but also made everything public within a few hours.. She probably wanted a quickie with her boyfriend right before going to the police because they were so excited that they were about to become millionaires.

Kobe is absolutely wrong and is 100% a jerk for cheating on his wife, but everything points to that situation being an opportunity for that girl to get some money, not to put kobe behind bars because of what he did and also to prevent him from doing it to somebody else..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Giannis94
03-06-2018, 12:00 PM
My problem with the whole rape thing is that people are so easy to say stupid things about trup with little proof, yet they worship kobe and there is a hell of a lot more against him than the one that so many are so ready to burn at the stake (trump).

TylerSL
03-06-2018, 12:01 PM
My problem with the whole rape thing is that people are so easy to say stupid things about trup with little proof, yet they worship kobe and there is a hell of a lot more against him than the one that so many are so ready to burn at the stake (trump).

About Trump? Well he was recorded bragging about how he can assault women for one thing. Having heard the things he's said, I can tell you that it honestly comes as no shock to me that he's been accused by multiple women. Also he claimed he's innocent because the women accusing him are just too ugly for him to want to touch. Clearly he sounds like a good dude who can be morally compared to Kobe, or anyone else.

Giannis94
03-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Agree with this, and I used to hate Kobe. By the end of his career he was one of my 5-10 favorite players.

I posted the article with the details bolded last year and I'll post some quotes again:

When Bryant began groping her, the woman said she tried to flee but the athlete barred her way and grabbed her by the neck, Winters said. “She was afraid that he was going to choke her.”

Then, the woman said, Bryant turned her around, pushed her against a chair, pulled down her panties and raped her. She tearfully said “no” twice but was ignored, Winters said. At one point, Bryant “stated that he liked Vail, Colo.,” he said.

Five minutes later, it was over, Winters said, and Bryant made her kiss his genitals. Then he told her to “go clean up.”

I'll save the rest for anothe thread. Likely in the main in the near future.

TylerSL
03-06-2018, 12:08 PM
I posted the article with the details bolded last year and I'll post some quotes again:

I'll save the rest for anothe thread. Likely in the main in the near future.

So you want to believe the woman in Kobe's case, but not Trump's? I mean Trump has proven himself to be such an honest person that we should probably all just take him for his word, right?

Giannis94
03-06-2018, 12:28 PM
So you want to believe the woman in Kobe's case, but not Trump's? I mean Trump has proven himself to be such an honest person that we should probably all just take him for his word, right?

We can pull up Bill Clinton's body count (women and the other one that you're probably aware of).

FlashBolt
03-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Look at who was hired to direct this film.. only one of the greatest in the business. Kobe is more intelligent than he's given credit for but this was given to him because of who he is and what he can buy.

TylerSL
03-06-2018, 12:38 PM
We can pull up Bill Clinton's body count (women and the other one that you're probably aware of).

Now you bring up Clinton to hijack this topic into a he said she said. Clinton was guilty too, doesn't make Trump innocent. Fox News logic 101. You know you have a weak argument when you have to deflect to another person's guilt.

TylerSL
03-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Look at who was hired to direct this film.. only one of the greatest in the business. Kobe is more intelligent than he's given credit for but this was given to him because of who he is and what he can buy.

Kobe is just getting started in Hollywood. He's going to be huge.

FlashBolt
03-06-2018, 12:40 PM
Now you bring up Clinton to hijack this topic into a he said she said. Clinton was guilty too, doesn't make Trump innocent. Fox News logic 101.

Trump was accused. Clinton was guilty. They are two different things. Kobe settled - Trump did not. And when you're over 70 years old and that publicized/wealthy/been in success for as long as Trump, it isn't uncommon for you to be accused of things you may or may not have done.

GREATNESS ONE
03-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Kobe > Trump

Giannis94
03-06-2018, 12:45 PM
Kobe is just getting started in Hollywood. He's going to be huge.

And he fits in perfectly

TylerSL
03-06-2018, 12:45 PM
Trump was accused. Clinton was guilty. They are two different things. Kobe settled - Trump did not. And when you're over 70 years old and that publicized/wealthy/been in success for as long as Trump, it isn't uncommon for you to be accused of things you may or may not have done.

By your same logic the same could be said about Kobe and Clinton. I agree Clinton was guilty and Kobe did settle, but Trump is on a recording bragging about he he can and has assaulted women. If you choose to believe Trump is innocent you have every right to. It's just hard to believe anything that comes out of his mouth considering how many times he's been proven to be a liar.

TylerSL
03-06-2018, 12:46 PM
And he fits in perfectly

You support Trump, a guy who has been accused of much worse than Kobe, and whose only defense is the women accusing him are too ugly. You clearly have the moral authority to stand on.

FlashBolt
03-06-2018, 01:24 PM
By your same logic the same could be said about Kobe and Clinton. I agree Clinton was guilty and Kobe did settle, but Trump is on a recording bragging about he he can and has assaulted women. If you choose to believe Trump is innocent you have every right to. It's just hard to believe anything that comes out of his mouth considering how many times he's been proven to be a liar.

What could be said about Kobe/Clinton - two individuals who settled and practically admitted to it? Clinton was disgusting in that he was the President at that time and abused his powers. You don't have to believe Trump but unless you have evidence that he did what he was accused of, then you shouldn't speak in absolute. Rape is not a light subject. Accusing someone of it while not having concrete evidence can ruin lives.

TylerSL
03-06-2018, 01:45 PM
What could be said about Kobe/Clinton - two individuals who settled and practically admitted to it? Clinton was disgusting in that he was the President at that time and abused his powers. You don't have to believe Trump but unless you have evidence that he did what he was accused of, then you shouldn't speak in absolute. Rape is not a light subject. Accusing someone of it while not having concrete evidence can ruin lives.

Kobe didn't admit to anything, he apologized for any distraught she may have felt in his statement. That's not admitting guilt. Maybe Trump is innocent but as I have said, his main defense has been the women accusing him are too ugly and he's on a recording bragging about his ability to assault women. No, he hasn't been convicted of sexual assault, but it's clear that he has a far worse history than Kobe Bryant.

From being sued for racial discrimination in the 1970's, to settling a lawsuit for his fraudulent university, to paying off a porn star to keep quite about one of his affairs. Trump has a far more shady background than Kobe Bryant, and a much larger history of lying. Kobe has no other history where his morality comes into question so it is insulting to Kobe to compare his morality to Trump's.

Chronz
03-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Do you guys really still watch this **** show?

Chronz
03-06-2018, 02:13 PM
When was he on record, last I checked it was him talking about hoes and groupies, it's true, they do let you grab and touch everywhere

Chronz
03-06-2018, 02:15 PM
well, we need to teach our young men to protect themselves, just as much as we teach our young women. Athletes (or rich celebs in general) need to be even more cautious. Predators are everywhere. I feel no sympathy for Kobe over that event, he should have been smarter. Even if the woman is a complete pile of ****.
Bingo.

Kobes defense team was vicious tho and I have doubts about his authenticity but I'm glad he gave us many years of ball instead of the prison league. Selfishness be damned

Hawkeye15
03-06-2018, 03:01 PM
Bingo.

Kobes defense team was vicious tho and I have doubts about his authenticity but I'm glad he gave us many years of ball instead of the prison league. Selfishness be damned

I mean, it's a perfect example of what I said though. Kobe probably didn't do anything wrong, except unknowingly sleep with a leach of humanity. But it's his responsibility to make the right decisions, which he didn't. He clearly paid for it in more ways than one.

Hawkeye15
03-06-2018, 03:02 PM

once I was able to move past his horrific fans, I felt the same.

oak2455
03-06-2018, 04:04 PM

So true ...

Giannis94
03-06-2018, 04:16 PM
I was told that my sig (of POTUS) size was too big. Sig size is moderated where if I try to upload a super big pcture, it won't let me.

I'm just making PSD Great again

Bostonjorge
03-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Kobe case quick recap.

Kobe is charged with rape. The state of Denver wanted Kobe in jail. Denver’s star witnesses, the girl who said Kobe raped her didn’t want to take the stand and never did. She gave a statement to the police then went back on things she said. Cops had to throw her statement out but that was not enough for Denver. Denver tried to use the we can’t let athletes think they are above the law. With no star wintness, the girls police report thrown out and her refusal to take the stand left Denver with nothing.

So basically it was Kobe vs Denver not Kobe vs the girl.

Hawkeye15
03-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Kobe case quick recap.

Kobe is charged with rape. The state of Denver wanted Kobe in jail. Denver’s star witnesses, the girl who said Kobe raped her didn’t want to take the stand and never did. She gave a statement to the police then went back on things she said. Cops had to throw her statement out but that was not enough for Denver. Denver tried to use the we can’t let athletes think they are above the law. With no star wintness, the girls police report thrown out and her refusal to take the stand left Denver with nothing.

So basically it was Kobe vs Denver not Kobe vs the girl.

the point stands. Kobe got himself into that position. Kobe alone. And he paid for it, he just joins a long list of examples on why you should be careful who you stick your dick in when you are rich and famous.

Hawkeye15
03-06-2018, 04:56 PM
I was told that my sig (of POTUS) size was too big. Sig size is moderated where if I try to upload a super big pcture, it won't let me.

I'm just making PSD Great again

one gigantic picture at a time

MarkoSt
03-06-2018, 04:59 PM
What a joke...

Jeffy25
03-06-2018, 06:27 PM

Same, his fans over rate him, but he is a NBA legend

mike_noodles
03-06-2018, 08:55 PM
the point stands. Kobe got himself into that position. Kobe alone. And he paid for it, he just joins a long list of examples on why you should be careful who you stick your dick in when you are rich and famous.

Yes, but not just athletes, everyone should be careful who they're ****ing. And to the earlier point someone made, if the allegations are true that it was anal she objected to when he tried, that is her right to say no. If he continues, it is still rape. That's not just for Kobe, goes for anyone. One part of the sexual experience can be consensual while other parts are not.

Giannis94
03-06-2018, 09:51 PM
one gigantic picture at a time

PSD is broke. I uploaded it when the signs parameters were working. Don't hate me. Hate psd.

And there is no way you could hate my sig. It was a thing of beauty.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Yes, but not just athletes, everyone should be careful who they're ****ing. And to the earlier point someone made, if the allegations are true that it was anal she objected to when he tried, that is her right to say no. If he continues, it is still rape. That's not just for Kobe, goes for anyone. One part of the sexual experience can be consensual while other parts are not.

well no doubt everyone should be careful, but it's no secret that there are a lot of young women looking for a meal ticket, so they prey upon the rich and famous.

But yes, everyone needs to be careful.

ewing
03-07-2018, 06:43 PM

Don’t tell me I should be careful who I have sex with. If it’s consensual it’s cool. Whatever’s