PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Teague is a scum bag

More-Than-Most
03-03-2018, 05:16 AM
https://clutchpoints.com/timberwolves-news-jimmy-butler-erupts-jeff-teague-throws-ricky-rubio-crowd/

This wont get as much scrutiny as it honestly deserves but how the **** is this not suspendable? He literally tackled him at full speed and that is insanely dangerous for him/fans etc.

ewing
03-03-2018, 07:15 AM
He got tossed. Seems right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warfelg
03-03-2018, 08:36 AM
Disagree. (1) thatís the first time heís done something like that. (2) Rubio embellished it a bit. (3) that game was poorly officiated.

Sixers3Fan
03-03-2018, 08:39 AM
Not even 8 hours after the game ended. Lets see what the league does. Who says this is not :suspendable"

warfelg
03-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Not even 8 hours after the game ended. Lets see what the league does. Who says this is not :suspendable"

I do. Rubio popped right up, sold it quite a bit. Teague has 0 history of things like this. Those refs were terrible and lost control of that game and let it get to this point. Heavy fine and move on.

goingfor28
03-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Yes. It's the refs fault.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sixers3Fan
03-03-2018, 09:27 AM
I do. Rubio popped right up, sold it quite a bit. Teague has 0 history of things like this. Those refs were terrible and lost control of that game and let it get to this point. Heavy fine and move on.

Just because he has 0 history of things like this doesn't mean he shouldn't get suspended. Rubio did buy it a bit and went a little out of control but again it wouldn't of gotten to that point if the refs did something from the start when the game was chippy all game.

warfelg
03-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Just because he has 0 history of things like this doesn't mean he shouldn't get suspended. Rubio did buy it a bit and went a little out of control but again it wouldn't of gotten to that point if the refs did something from the start when the game was chippy all game.

Yea. As soon as KAT got tossed (weak tossing BTW) the Wolves got very chippy and the refs did very little to calm that. So last night we saw KAT get tossed for calling for an and-1 (he was fouled); lack of foul calls to boil frustrations; Teague bumping Rubio; and Crowder and Thibs getting into it (with no ejection).

I'm personally of the opinion that the refs are there to prevent all of this. And their swallowing the whistle let the Wovles get worked up. They let this game hit the point.

But even outside the refs....I personally can't jump from "this guys hasn't pulled anything like this" to "he needs to be suspended" without a middle ground. It's why I think that flagrant 2 fouls need to have some set 1st offense, 2nd offense, etc structure.

warfelg
03-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Yes. It's the refs fault.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Didn't say it was their fault. Said they lost control of the game and let it get to this. That's something really different.

PAOboston
03-03-2018, 10:07 AM
It was a hard foul. Give him a tech or a flagrant 1 and move on. This league has gone so soft. Don't think it deserves a suspension.

Overall the refs became the focal point of this game and ruined it. KAT should not have been ejected. They lost control of the game.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

ChiSox219
03-03-2018, 10:15 AM
https://youtu.be/MIU6xJNX-3w

warfelg
03-03-2018, 10:19 AM
https://youtu.be/MIU6xJNX-3w

I honestly completely forgot about that. Eh. 1 game. More because of how late in the game it happened.

Hawkeye15
03-03-2018, 10:31 AM
I was already asleep by the time it happened. I hope he gets suspended, we are better with Tyus, sadly.

The Wolves are funny. They had their heads up high all year, for some unknown reason, thinking they were so bad ***. Now they legit could miss the playoffs. I am not sure anymore about Towns becoming a top tier guy, I just don't see any focus on the defensive end.

Teague isn't dirty, but he is chippy, without consistency. Meaning, he is the opposite of a physical player, so when he does things like this, it makes me wonder about him.

Finally, I love Rubio. But he sells every single bump like Bruce Lee just unloaded on him. So take anything he does with a grain of salt. Huge drama queen.

europagnpilgrim
03-03-2018, 10:47 AM
https://clutchpoints.com/timberwolves-news-jimmy-butler-erupts-jeff-teague-throws-ricky-rubio-crowd/

This wont get as much scrutiny as it honestly deserves but how the **** is this not suspendable? He literally tackled him at full speed and that is insanely dangerous for him/fans etc.

Because they are considered little guys so of course it wont get as much as if a Green or big man do it, like the Green/Adams incident, if you think Teague is a scumbag then I would love to see how you feel about the actual cheats of the game in all sports, its not like it was Horry/Nash incident or when Shaq damn near paralyzed Stuckey

Bird use to talk to much in game trash that could be looked at in a scum baggish way, its a reason why DrJ put them hands on him or whoever that player was but I think it was the Dr.

I feel like Butler on this, with all the physicality being taken out by the influx of European jump/3pt shooters its nice to see some bulldog in the little guys still, CP3 plays the same way

nowadays if you blow in the face of a player its reviewed for in a flagrant foul way, which is why I vouch for what Teague did, as I would have praised it if Rubio would have been the one delivering it to Teague, nothing more nor less, its called chippy basketball, nothing close to a malice in the palace or bad boys era brawl/foul

mightybosstone
03-03-2018, 11:14 AM
The first time I watched it, I didn't think it was that bad. And I agree that Rubio tends to embellish contact pretty regularly. But watching it a few times, I'm starting to agree with OP's take. Rubio is running at damn near full speed, and Teague runs in and just throws a shoulder into him. It's the kind of thing a safety would do to push a wide receiver or running back out of bounds, but there's no room for that in the NBA.

I don't mind a hard foul every once in a while, and I actually think we could use a few more hard fouls in the league today. But not in a situation like this. If a guy is going up for a layup or dunk and you want to prevent him from scoring? Go for it. This was not that. This was a dude running at full speed who just got shoved for no reason on the sideline into the seats. And it's hard to know, but it doesn't seem like Rubio is embellishing this very much at all.

If the league suspended Teague for this, I'd be 100 percent OK with it.

ewing
03-03-2018, 11:15 AM
Yea. As soon as KAT got tossed (weak tossing BTW) the Wolves got very chippy and the refs did very little to calm that. So last night we saw KAT get tossed for calling for an and-1 (he was fouled); lack of foul calls to boil frustrations; Teague bumping Rubio; and Crowder and Thibs getting into it (with no ejection).

I'm personally of the opinion that the refs are there to prevent all of this. And their swallowing the whistle let the Wovles get worked up. They let this game hit the point.

But even outside the refs....I personally can't jump from "this guys hasn't pulled anything like this" to "he needs to be suspended" without a middle ground. It's why I think that flagrant 2 fouls need to have some set 1st offense, 2nd offense, etc structure.

I didnít watch the game but I disagree with the notion that once we can tell these guys arenít best friends in a gentlemenís competition that we need to call very ticky tack foul. Sounds like the game got physical, Teague crosses the line, and Teague got tossed. Unless there were a bunch of cheap shots that went unnoticed this seems about right.

Giannis94
03-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Tons of scumbags in the NBA. Kobe, Jkidd ; etc.. List goes on.

warfelg
03-03-2018, 11:36 AM
I didnít watch the game but I disagree with the notion that once we can tell these guys arenít best friends in a gentlemenís competition that we need to call very ticky tack foul. Sounds like the game got physical, Teague crosses the line, and Teague got tossed. Unless there were a bunch of cheap shots that went unnoticed this seems about right.

It wasn't ticky tack stuff that went uncalled. Not cheapshots either. It was hard fouls that should be called.

JLynn943
03-03-2018, 01:10 PM
The first time I watched it, I didn't think it was that bad. And I agree that Rubio tends to embellish contact pretty regularly. But watching it a few times, I'm starting to agree with OP's take. Rubio is running at damn near full speed, and Teague runs in and just throws a shoulder into him. It's the kind of thing a safety would do to push a wide receiver or running back out of bounds, but there's no room for that in the NBA.

I don't mind a hard foul every once in a while, and I actually think we could use a few more hard fouls in the league today. But not in a situation like this. If a guy is going up for a layup or dunk and you want to prevent him from scoring? Go for it. This was not that. This was a dude running at full speed who just got shoved for no reason on the sideline into the seats. And it's hard to know, but it doesn't seem like Rubio is embellishing this very much at all.

If the league suspended Teague for this, I'd be 100 percent OK with it.

Agreed 100%. Reminds me of Robert Horry's hit on Steve Nash in the playoffs way back when. Definitely above and beyond what's acceptable.

Teague is kind of a punk anyway.

Hustla23
03-03-2018, 01:25 PM
Jeff "Zaza" Teague.

Also, I hope the T-Wolves turn it up in the playoffs. Thought adding Butler would make them a top 5 team in the West easily but they've been a tad underwhelming thus far.

Scoots
03-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Rubio sells contact but most players do these days ... but that was a big hit. Flagrant 2 is enough. Reputation should have nothing to do with in game calls

mightybosstone
03-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Jeff "Zaza" Teague.

Also, I hope the T-Wolves turn it up in the playoffs. Thought adding Butler would make them a top 5 team in the West easily but they've been a tad underwhelming thus far.

You realize Butler's out, right? They would unequivocally be a top 5 team in the West if he had been healthier this season. They're 4-6 in games he misses and 34-22 in games he plays. That 61.8% win-percentage in games with Butler would be the 5th best in the league and third best in the West. And even with him missing time, they're still sitting in 6th place in a virtual tie with three other teams for the 3rd seed.

I'm not saying Minnesota's perfectófar from it. Their defense is awful, their offense seriously lacks cohesion at times and KAT and Wiggins haven't made nearly the progress this year that they should have. But when Butler's playing, they're probably the third best team in the Western Conference (assuming an injured Kawhi) and they've come a LONG way from last season.

Scoots
03-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Butler should actually catch more grief from the public than Teague. Teague was in the emotions of the game, Butler after the fact was advocating his teammates commit flagrant fouls.

IndyRealist
03-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Rubio sells contact but most players do these days ... but that was a big hit. Flagrant 2 is enough. Reputation should have nothing to do with in game calls

This. It's definitely a flagrant 2. Not a basketball play, and excessive. Zero reason for that to happen.

Having said that, this was not a punch, and you can't really determine whether he was just letting out his frustration or really trying to hurt Rubio. Doesn't deserve more than the ejection.

KnickNyKnick
03-03-2018, 05:15 PM
ejection was the proper punishment.

ewing
03-03-2018, 05:41 PM
This. It's definitely a flagrant 2. Not a basketball play, and excessive. Zero reason for that to happen.

Having said that, this was not a punch, and you can't really determine whether he was just letting out his frustration or really trying to hurt Rubio. Doesn't deserve more than the ejection.

You are on the money with these ones Indy

TO Rapz
03-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Calling him a scum bag is ****ing stupid. Its a double tech and an ejection but this is far from really dirty.

flea
03-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Ban him. Once we ban everything and everyone bad we'll be set.

Scoots
03-03-2018, 06:01 PM
Ban him. Once we ban everything and everyone bad we'll be set.

Banning upsets me, we should ban them.

Missing56&33
03-03-2018, 07:01 PM
Nahhh....Teague is not a scum bag....he's playing very good basketball. He was just frustrated that's all. I watched that game and was pulling for Minny...but the non calls were ridiculous. Minny was getting no calls....and they just couldn't get over the hump.

JAZZNC
03-03-2018, 09:53 PM
I really didn't see this as the HUGE deal that some people are making it out to be. Yeah, he should have been ejected but past that it's a non issue. I personally thought that Thibs was a way bigger douche during the game but whatever.

Scoots
03-03-2018, 10:31 PM
My favorite part is the Wolves coach going straight down as he tried to stand

mngopher35
03-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Finally watched the game and I think the ejection is probably enough. He definitely crossed the line though so I wouldn't be too upset with like a game. Horribly officiated game and it got a little out of control there.

Kats first ejection in nba came off a flagrant and a t that would have been two no calls at different points in this same game. It really was that inconsistent

Chronz
03-04-2018, 10:30 AM
How do you even embellish a slide like that? Dude can manipulate his momentum that easily?

Giannis94
03-04-2018, 12:02 PM
somebody is reaching..but then I would be too if my team was sliding down the standings like the bucks.. but too the original post..scum bag nah... uncalled for somewhat dirty yes

We're used to ****** basketball B.C.Giannis. Even if we lose tonight, I still like our chances. We have the best player in the league. :flag: .

Raps08-09 Champ
03-04-2018, 01:44 PM
That's dirty. I don't get Butler's point though. I get wanting your teammates to have an attitude but that's the wrong play to rub it in.

LaVar Ball
03-04-2018, 02:55 PM
Disagree. (1) thatís the first time heís done something like that. (2) Rubio embellished it a bit. (3) that game was poorly officiated.

Nope he did it to Bron 2 years ago

Sixers3Fan
03-04-2018, 03:12 PM
Nope he did it to Bron 2 years ago

You know he pointed that out and said he forgot about that. No need to waste a post about something he already knew he forgot about.

rayden
03-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Yeah I like the Wolves, but didn't enjoy that Teague move. Rubio deserves better!

mavwar53
03-05-2018, 12:00 PM
Well since this is not football he should be suspended 1 maybe 2 games. That was clearly intentional and stupid and has no part in the game, it was not a natural reaction to anything other than being a moron. The league is soft but this is just uncalled for stupidity.

Giannis94
03-05-2018, 12:03 PM
Well since this is not football he should be suspended 1 maybe 2 games. That was clearly intentional and stupid and has no part in the game, it was not a natural reaction to anything other than being a moron. The league is soft but this is just uncalled for stupidity.

If it's football, Kaiser Goodell pulls a random suspension from his hat and just goes with it

Hawkeye15
03-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Nahhh....Teague is not a scum bag....he's playing very good basketball. He was just frustrated that's all. I watched that game and was pulling for Minny...but the non calls were ridiculous. Minny was getting no calls....and they just couldn't get over the hump.

no........he isn't. Teague has been pretty awful this year.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2018, 12:10 PM
How do you even embellish a slide like that? Dude can manipulate his momentum that easily?

Rubio embellished off the contact, which he always does. But that was a straight up flagrant, without question.

Firefistus
03-05-2018, 01:57 PM
To be honest, the Wolves were complaining waaaay too much that whole game. The only reason KAT was ejected was because he fouled Favors after Favors fouled him, which technically makes it a technical foul. After that KAT just lost his marbles and wouldn't stop yelling at the refs. Oh no one remembers that part, only the part where he got ejected for barking at the refs AGAIN.

That caused the chippiness to start, which in tern led to Teague shoving Rubio. I don't think he should be suspended. Rubio got up quick because he was ready to throw down, but the ref saw and intervened immediately. I know everyone wants to blame the refs here, but they actually prevented what VERY EASILY could have been a fight on both sides.

Rivera
03-05-2018, 04:24 PM
weak *** foul soft ive seen harder fouls on the playground

JAZZNC
03-06-2018, 08:11 AM
We're used to ****** basketball B.C.Giannis. Even if we lose tonight, I still like our chances. We have the best player in the league. :flag: .

No, no you do not.

FlashBolt
03-06-2018, 12:16 PM
That's a dirty play clearly out of frustration. Teague has no one to be upset at other than himself. He's an average PG who has always been overrated. Rubio is going full-speed. Not only was Teague endangering Rubio but also the fans. He should be suspended.

rayden
03-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Teague has been giving a lot of guidance to the Wolf pup though...been useful for that