PDA

View Full Version : Can we get some love for Anthony Davis? (Dude straight ballin'), Harden, even Lakers

kobe4thewinbang
03-02-2018, 09:53 PM
Move this to the General Season thread if need be, but didn't get the feeling it was a hot thread.

AD has been killing it lately, dropping 50, grabbing 18 rebounds here, with a typical 20+ showing every other game. I just caught up on all my highlights after being focused on work (got pretty behind, lol, basically all post-all star game) and I saw a lot of Pelicans victories and Davis slaying people. Rondo been strong too with 12 assists one game, and Jrue Holiday's strong game. Pelicans have won seven straight games, and are now in 6th place IIRC, despite losing Cousins to injury. They actually have both a positive home and road record, which teams above them do not even have.

Davis is just not getting a lot of mentions IMO and he is carrying this team. Hopefully he stays injury-free and the Pelicans go down swinging in the playoffs. The wins they're getting are effort wins, too.

Meanwhile, James Harden is really slaying dudes. Unguardable, IMO. He had, what, 46 the other night? Drop step, jab step, 4PT play. Dudes can't block his shot and get shook if they try, lol. MVP, no doubt, frontrunner. Harden might be why AD is getting overshadowed. Harden has now said "It's our year" for them to have a chance to really do something special in the playoffs. I'm low-key rooting for them to upset the balance right now. If Harden keeps playing like that, watch out. It's unlikely the Spurs (no Leonard) will be around to stop them this season, and they almost knocked out the Spurs before Harden's odd elimination performance. They've won 14 straight at this point...

And any love for my Lakers? Lonzo's been alright, but KCP had a great game and they're winning on the road. Even while Lonzo was out, Clarkson, Randle, etc, were stepping up. They're still winning right now, too. Finally got that home record in the positive, and are no longer the bottom feeders out west. Isaiah Thomas had, like, 16 straight points the other night (29 points) and 17 another game. They're looking better, for sure. It's nice to see them not be garbage again this season.

Chronz
03-02-2018, 10:12 PM
How about some love for Emeka okafor, dude worked hard to come back from years of inactivity and won the starting job. Proving he's still the best okafor in the league. He's been fun to watch alongside that Davis fellow

Vee-Rex
03-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Naw. People on this site think Davis is a bum.

Edit: Meanwhile, the Davis-led Pelicans have the 2nd longest winning streak in the league @ 7 games.

kobe4thewinbang
03-02-2018, 10:32 PM
How about some love for Emeka okafor, dude worked hard to come back from years of inactivity and won the starting job. Proving he's still the best okafor in the league. He's been fun to watch alongside that Davis fellowI saw someone trashing Okafor the other day, saying he can't shoot outside of 5 feet, but he actually hit a baseline jumper in one of the games. He also got dunked on, but yeah, good for him making it back in.

kobe4thewinbang
03-02-2018, 10:33 PM

Edit: Meanwhile, the Davis-led Pelicans have the 2nd longest winning streak in the league @ 7 games.Yeah, I mean, I'm just really shocked. Not sure how well Mirotic has played for them yet, but he almost hit that game winner, faking out two guys. Davis gets flack, sure, and his injury history is troubling, but he's been strong this season.

Chronz
03-02-2018, 10:51 PM
I saw someone trashing Okafor the other day, saying he can't shoot outside of 5 feet, but he actually hit a baseline jumper in one of the games. He also got dunked on, but yeah, good for him making it back in.

He's missed a lot of shots but he's been efficient offensively with his board work. Small sample but he's been a force on the boards and he's still got that impeccable timing on blocking shots.

Heediot
03-02-2018, 10:56 PM

Edit: Meanwhile, the Davis-led Pelicans have the 2nd longest winning streak in the league @ 7 games.

I gotta admit, every time I talk even some semblance of trash towards him, he shuts me up.

brandt
03-02-2018, 10:57 PM
I agree with your first two points but my apologies, I will never give your Lakers love as long as they have Lonzo Ball. Not because of him, but because of his piece of **** Dad! Heís a five year old bully in an old mans body. Just hearing his name makes me want to puke!

kobe4thewinbang
03-02-2018, 11:10 PM
He's missed a lot of shots but he's been efficient offensively with his board work. Small sample but he's been a force on the boards and he's still got that impeccable timing on blocking shots.That's good to hear! Other than Cousins, the Pelicans/Hornets ain't really had a quality dude at the 5.

kobe4thewinbang
03-02-2018, 11:11 PM
I agree with your first two points but my apologies, I will never give your Lakers love as long as they have Lonzo Ball. Not because of him, but because of his piece of **** Dad! Heís a five year old bully in an old mans body. Just hearing his name makes me want to puke!I understand. I'm sick of the dad already too. Wish Lonzo was playing well enough that people didn't have to talk about daddy all the time.

kobe4thewinbang
03-02-2018, 11:11 PM
I gotta admit, every time I talk even some semblance of trash towards him, he shuts me up.He is really killing it.

Giannis94
03-02-2018, 11:13 PM
I agree with your first two points but my apologies, I will never give your Lakers love as long as they have Lonzo Ball. Not because of him, but because of his piece of **** Dad! Heís a five year old bully in an old mans body. Just hearing his name makes me want to puke!

Lakers privilege. They can get away with whatever they want and it will be fine. Look at Kobe.

Vinny642
03-03-2018, 12:45 AM
No one takes the Pels nor Davis seriously, but if Davis isnt top 3 in your MVP race, you probably lack a bit of knowledge in terms of the NBA.

kobe4thewinbang
03-03-2018, 01:46 AM
No one takes the Pels nor Davis seriously, but if Davis isnt top 3 in your MVP race, you probably lack a bit of knowledge in terms of the NBA.Definitely! Not sure who the third player would be. LeBron's having a strong year.

More-Than-Most
03-03-2018, 02:12 AM
Randle and Kuzma are literally doing everything. Its annoying that ball comes back against 3 terrible teams and just plays alright and he is talked about over both ingram and randle who have just been carrying while he sat out making mix tapes.

Lakers + Giants
03-03-2018, 02:30 AM
Randle and Kuzma are literally doing everything. Its annoying that ball comes back against 3 terrible teams and just plays alright and he is talked about over both ingram and randle who have just been carrying while he sat out making mix tapes.

Ingram and Randle yea. Kuzma's struggled all feb :(

More-Than-Most
03-03-2018, 02:51 AM
Ingram and Randle yea. Kuzma's struggled all feb :(

yea meant ingram not kuzma. My bad lol

GREATNESS ONE
03-03-2018, 03:23 AM
Yea Lonzo ****ing sucks! Great ZO Bash thread! Werenít you the guy who loved the Lakers and Celtics!?

GREATNESS ONE
03-03-2018, 03:24 AM
Keep watching highlights and not the actual Lakers games.

More-Than-Most
03-03-2018, 04:40 AM
Keep watching highlights and not the actual Lakers games.

watched games argument lol.

Heediot
03-03-2018, 07:12 AM
It seems like AD and Jokic play their best without another allstar big man needing the paint also. Small sample still, but AD has been fire without DMC and Jokic from the sample has been more focal and scoring better without Milsap.

PurpleLynch
03-03-2018, 08:17 AM
Lakers privilege. They can get away with whatever they want and it will be fine. Look at Kobe.

What does this mean? It's not even something connected to the post you replied to.

europagnpilgrim
03-03-2018, 10:53 AM
Move this to the General Season thread if need be, but didn't get the feeling it was a hot thread.

AD has been killing it lately, dropping 50, grabbing 18 rebounds here, with a typical 20+ showing every other game. I just caught up on all my highlights after being focused on work (got pretty behind, lol, basically all post-all star game) and I saw a lot of Pelicans victories and Davis slaying people. Rondo been strong too with 12 assists one game, and Jrue Holiday's strong game. Pelicans have won seven straight games, and are now in 6th place IIRC, despite losing Cousins to injury. They actually have both a positive home and road record, which teams above them do not even have.

Davis is just not getting a lot of mentions IMO and he is carrying this team. Hopefully he stays injury-free and the Pelicans go down swinging in the playoffs. The wins they're getting are effort wins, too.

Meanwhile, James Harden is really slaying dudes. Unguardable, IMO. He had, what, 46 the other night? Drop step, jab step, 4PT play. Dudes can't block his shot and get shook if they try, lol. MVP, no doubt, frontrunner. Harden might be why AD is getting overshadowed. Harden has now said "It's our year" for them to have a chance to really do something special in the playoffs. I'm low-key rooting for them to upset the balance right now. If Harden keeps playing like that, watch out. It's unlikely the Spurs (no Leonard) will be around to stop them this season, and they almost knocked out the Spurs before Harden's odd elimination performance. They've won 14 straight at this point...

And any love for my Lakers? Lonzo's been alright, but KCP had a great game and they're winning on the road. Even while Lonzo was out, Clarkson, Randle, etc, were stepping up. They're still winning right now, too. Finally got that home record in the positive, and are no longer the bottom feeders out west. Isaiah Thomas had, like, 16 straight points the other night (29 points) and 17 another game. They're looking better, for sure. It's nice to see them not be garbage again this season.

Davis gets hella props from all actual ball players in the world but he always seems to miss chunks of past seasons but he was always when healthy and playing a top 5 talent/player regardless of team success but that would help his perception for sure if he were on a Spurs or top tier contender type

Davis is doing what Westbrook did last year for his team like Bron does and what others like Iverson use to do for his team, put the team on its back and carry the load as far as you can, that's what true superstars do

Lakers are what they are, a young up and down team who shows more promise than failure and has a chance at landing two max style players, I feel a deja vu coming in the near future of a Lakers/Philly Finals, after the Warriors run fade

mightybosstone
03-03-2018, 11:02 AM
What's the point of this thread? Just randomly giving love to multiple things? Pick one thing, and let's talk about that one thing.

Davis is great. Harden is great. The Lakers are playing well. If you want better conversation than that, pick a topic and stick to it.

GREATNESS ONE
03-03-2018, 02:47 PM
watched games argument lol.

He just admitted to only watching highlights.... at least he can man up and admit it.... you just carry your little pitchfork around for ZO. Thatís ok, Haters gon Hate.

Cracka2HI!
03-03-2018, 05:12 PM
I don't see why The Lakers deserve love. If anything the other LA team is a much better story. The Lakers are 27-34, that isn't very good. I would imagine the PSD consensus had The Lakers at around that level or better. I also wouldn't be surprised if the PSD consensus was The Lakers would be better than The Clippers this year. If anything the other LA team deserves some love around here. All you hear about The Clippers is all the stories about the dysfunction that just never seems to show up on the court.

Jamiecballer
03-03-2018, 07:17 PM
I don't see why The Lakers deserve love. If anything the other LA team is a much better story. The Lakers are 27-34, that isn't very good. I would imagine the PSD consensus had The Lakers at around that level or better. I also wouldn't be surprised if the PSD consensus was The Lakers would be better than The Clippers this year. If anything the other LA team deserves some love around here. All you hear about The Clippers is all the stories about the dysfunction that just never seems to show up on the court.Doc is my prediction for 3rd place for coach of the year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Scoots
03-03-2018, 08:26 PM
What's the point of this thread? Just randomly giving love to multiple things? Pick one thing, and let's talk about that one thing.

Davis is great. Harden is great. The Lakers are playing well. If you want better conversation than that, pick a topic and stick to it.

2 pages of posts and I'm still trying to figure out why it shouldn't be merged with the general discussion thread.

kobe4thewinbang
03-04-2018, 04:42 PM

Davis is great. Harden is great. The Lakers are playing well. If you want better conversation than that, pick a topic and stick to it.It was supposed to be about AD. But then I noticed Harden doing well. And the Lakers too. Mostly about AD though. I wonder if he'll be lucky enough to not get hurt this season.

kobe4thewinbang
03-04-2018, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure if AD plays better without Cousins. AD & Cousins were both beasting. Some games, they'd both have monster performances; other games, one would dominate. Seemed to be a toss-up. Without Cousins, AD has to score at least 20+ for Pelicans to be in a game.

KingPosey
03-04-2018, 06:19 PM

Kuzma has not been very good lately at all

mightybosstone
03-04-2018, 06:43 PM
It was supposed to be about AD. But then I noticed Harden doing well. And the Lakers too. Mostly about AD though. I wonder if he'll be lucky enough to not get hurt this season.

That's fine, but find an angle and go with that angle. Maybe it's "Harden's the clear MVP, but is Davis clearly No. 2?" Or, "Is Anthony Davis finally realizing his potential?" There's so many different angles you can go to with this discussion, but by randomly throwing three different topics together, you've watered down your point so that nobody knows what to really discuss.

One Nut Kruk
03-04-2018, 11:19 PM
The post police has spoken.

GREATNESS ONE
03-04-2018, 11:31 PM
Kuzma has not been very good lately at all

He barely watches lolz, just gotta give anyone credit instead of Lonzo.

kobe4thewinbang
03-06-2018, 12:16 AM
That's fine, but find an angle and go with that angle. Maybe it's "Harden's the clear MVP, but is Davis clearly No. 2?" Or, "Is Anthony Davis finally realizing his potential?" There's so many different angles you can go to with this discussion, but by randomly throwing three different topics together, you've watered down your point so that nobody knows what to really discuss.Ooh I like that idea...can I get a mod to change the title, lol, to "Harden is the clear MVP so far, but is Anthony Davis clearly #2?"

Heediot
03-08-2018, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure if AD plays better without Cousins. AD & Cousins were both beasting. Some games, they'd both have monster performances; other games, one would dominate. Seemed to be a toss-up. Without Cousins, AD has to score at least 20+ for Pelicans to be in a game.

I think the chemistry and play making of the team is better because the usage is spread around more. With AD and Cousins both combine for 2/3 of the usage, with not enough playmaking, although Cousins tries. I think giving Rondo and Jrue the ball more they can find better spots for thir teammates in general vs. Cousins. If they can find a balance between the 4, with Mirotic playing better lately for them, they have some nice pieces to work with and build on. If AD has better play-making skills he'd probably be top 3-5 with no arguments, might even challenge for the top spot.