PDA

View Full Version : Flukiiest Seasons of All Time

Giannis94
03-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Briefly talked about this in another thread, but figured this could be an interesting conversation.

Since the 2001 seasons the Knicks have 3 winning seasons including the shortened season.

In 2012-2013 they were 54-28 with an interesting roster and followed that up with 37,17,32 wins. season prior was 36-30 season. So nothing earth shattering.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2013.html

Kind of a flukey sasom, but very interesting none-the-less.

What other team(s) have had insanely flukey seasons where you look at the roster and are like "wtf happened there"?

I'm not saying this is an all time Flukey season, but it is a head sratcher.

Chronz
03-02-2018, 08:52 PM
Clippers and twelves when they acquired Sam cassell

Lakers + Giants
03-03-2018, 02:32 AM
That was the last of Amare. Back when Melo was seen as a prolific scorer > chucker.

Jamiecballer
03-03-2018, 12:26 PM
I dont have any "fluke" seasons but that knick seasons was not flukey at all. They shot a **** ton of 3's that year, and had a ton of guys who can shoot it which is pretty much the winning formula around high volume guys like Carmelo Anthony. Add an excellent 2 way center to mop up the misses and a heady PG like Kidd who provided just enough offensively but more importantly IMO is the kind of PG that can save guys like Carmelo from themselves from time to time.

I remember getting into it big time with knick fans that offseason who thought they were going to be even better after dropping Kidd and Chandler. It was deranged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Giannis94
03-03-2018, 12:35 PM
I dont have any "fluke" seasons but that knick seasons was not flukey at all. They shot a **** ton of 3's that year, and had a ton of guys who can shoot it which is pretty much the winning formula around high volume guys like Carmelo Anthony. Add an excellent 2 way center to mop up the misses and a heady PG like Kidd who provided just enough offensively but more importantly IMO is the kind of PG that can save guys like Carmelo from themselves from time to time.

I remember getting into it big time with knick fans that offseason who thought they were going to be even better after dropping Kidd and Chandler. It was deranged.

It's flukey in the sense that they weren't able to sustain any kind of success. Like a 1 hit wonder depending how you view the shortened season .

Shammyguy3
03-03-2018, 01:35 PM
I think flukey individual seasons is a more interesting topic. Its hard to have a "good" flukey season when there are 82 games. Easier to have a bad one with injuries though

Jamiecballer
03-03-2018, 05:21 PM
I think flukey individual seasons is a more interesting topic. Its hard to have a "good" flukey season when there are 82 games. Easier to have a bad one with injuries though

i don't know. i don't think it's actually possible to have a flukey season.

Lil Rhody
03-03-2018, 05:22 PM
Isiah Thomas last year

Thanks Cavs for Irving

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shammyguy3
03-03-2018, 05:22 PM
i don't know. i don't think it's actually possible to have a flukey season.

Yeah, i guess if you say injury-riddled seasons are not flukey, and just injury-riddled, then there isn't really such a thing as a flukey season

Jamiecballer
03-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Yeah, i guess if you say injury-riddled seasons are not flukey, and just injury-riddled, then there isn't really such a thing as a flukey season

i mean, whatever the circumstances are that create an opportunity for someone, they have to get it done. they earn it. that's how i'm looking at it. mike james might be one of the worst guys i've ever seen put up 20ppg in a season but is that a fluke? i mean, i watched it. he earned those results.

bucketss
03-03-2018, 06:16 PM
theres a guy on my visitor messages that would guarantee every year knicks would be amazing, starting from 2014 and he kept calling the raptors flukes lol.

Jamiecballer
03-03-2018, 07:10 PM
theres a guy on my visitor messages that would guarantee every year knicks would be amazing, starting from 2014 and he kept calling the raptors flukes lol.Yes, we all know that guy. A fiery latino, yes?

Redrum187
03-05-2018, 10:05 PM
I wonder if Jae Crowder was a fluke?

Shammyguy3
03-05-2018, 10:39 PM
I wonder if Jae Crowder was a fluke?

DeMarre Carroll
Bismack Biyombo

Now those 2 along with Crowder, were they flukes or have they since just not been utilized properly/to the best of their abilities?

cmellofan15
03-05-2018, 11:03 PM
Ehh, people called the George Karl coached Nuggets teams flukes because of the lack of playoff success.

JasonJohnHorn
03-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Clippers and twelves when they acquired Sam cassell

I had Cassell in my top five for MVP that season. He was a great leader for that squad, and his stats didn't show it, but he really turned that team around.

ewing
03-07-2018, 11:21 AM
99 Knicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManningToTyree
03-07-2018, 11:34 AM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk This. That team was built to be good for that year. Their success and then subsequent drop off wasn't particularly surprising.