PDA

View Full Version : Will the Pistons make the playoffs?

aman_13
02-27-2018, 04:03 PM
They have lost 3 in a row and are now three games behind the Heat.

They miss Jackson right now and his return is up in the air. They can still turn things around and make it but they haven't looked the same since they lost to the Clippers.

ewing
02-27-2018, 04:19 PM
even before Blake I change my mind on this one weekly

aman_13
02-27-2018, 04:23 PM
even before Blake I change my mind on this one weekly

They are a hard team to gage. Drummond is playing with a jump to his step. Blake is fitting in well but they look lost offensively as whole.

Some Detroit fans feel the team has quit on SVG. I think if they miss out this season, there is major shake up coming.

TheDish87
02-27-2018, 04:39 PM
doubt it. i said after the trade i thought they got worse overall. its not unrealistic to catch the Heat as they are probably pretty even teams but its a lot of ground to make up as the season gets further along.

Vee-Rex
02-27-2018, 05:06 PM
Hard to say, but I do think they're a better team after the trade than before. They just gotta figure things out and improve. It takes time to build chemistry.

I remember seeing these questions when DMC got traded to the Pels. They were losing games and people were calling it a failure. But this year, the Pelicans became a 50-win pace team when AD and DMC were playing.

Detroit is only a few games out and has a shot. But it doesn't look good. 13 out of their last 22 games are on the road. They're @Miami and @Cleveland coming up, soon followed by a nasty 6-game road trip out West - @Utah, @Denver, @Portland, @Houston, to highlight a few. And some of their home games are tough too - vs. Toronto x2, vs. Milkwaukee, vs. Washington, vs. Philly.

So I think snagging Blake will benefit in the future and they will be better, but it might be too late to become a playoff team this year. I can say this: they'd make a SCARY first round opponent for anyone in the East.

europagnpilgrim
02-27-2018, 06:26 PM
They are a hard team to gage. Drummond is playing with a jump to his step. Blake is fitting in well but they look lost offensively as whole.

Some Detroit fans feel the team has quit on SVG. I think if they miss out this season, there is major shake up coming.

Yea any of those bottom 7-10 slots is tricky in both conferences, Detroit trade reminds me of the Cavs, both started out hot and the whole team ''spirit'' was all time high, now both have came back underneath the earth, especially those ''watch out league on notice'' Cavs, while forgetting they swapped out a modern day AI for a Brooklyn pick and Clarkson/Nance, and the crazy part is that Irving is not pushing 33yrs of age he is only what 24 or 25, Ainge once again pulled off a heist especially if Irving stays for most part healthy and re ups with Boston, either way he still won trading a injured player for a player coming off 3 straight Finals battle tested while being Kobe to Lebron Shaq, you don't replace all nba/Olympic caliber players with serviceable players and expect to challenge legit for a title, just look at how hard it was with Irving and Lebron and Love, now its just Lebron and whatever is left of Love, that may be enough to squeak out a Finals trip but its basically just another L to Lebron on his Finals total, which is amazing regardless of his w-l record, same with how I look at West who I think went to 9 or 10 and only won 1, but getting there that many times is impressive in itself

europagnpilgrim
02-27-2018, 06:34 PM
Hard to say, but I do think they're a better team after the trade than before. They just gotta figure things out and improve. It takes time to build chemistry.

I remember seeing these questions when DMC got traded to the Pels. They were losing games and people were calling it a failure. But this year, the Pelicans became a 50-win pace team when AD and DMC were playing.

Detroit is only a few games out and has a shot. But it doesn't look good. 13 out of their last 22 games are on the road. They're @Miami and @Cleveland coming up, soon followed by a nasty 6-game road trip out West - @Utah, @Denver, @Portland, @Houston, to highlight a few. And some of their home games are tough too - vs. Toronto x2, vs. Milkwaukee, vs. Washington, vs. Philly.

So I think snagging Blake will benefit in the future and they will be better, but it might be too late to become a playoff team this year. I can say this: they'd make a SCARY first round opponent for anyone in the East.

they are way better equipped for postLebron than before the trade, youth will always win out when preparing for a rebuild, if Lebron leaves then the duo of Thompson/Smith will be the next to go, Tristan is going to Hollywood to shack up with his Kardashian boyfriend and JR Smith will be a Spur taking over the Ginobili role

Lebron stays if secretly Gilbert sells him the team, if not Lebron is going to the best gm/coach situation because at this point in his career its vital he has a gm/coach that will be willing to do what it takes and a coach who lets him be who he is, the owner has to be all in over the luxury tax like Gilbert as well, which is why Lebron has the Cavs by the balls, as an executor should

beasted86
02-27-2018, 06:48 PM
Miami is a really weak team and would only take Dragić to go down with an injury to guarantee a playoff miss in my opinion.

I'd say they have a good chance.

BSF101
02-27-2018, 08:25 PM
I'm gonna say No for now, but will probably sneak in.

Vee-Rex
02-27-2018, 08:53 PM
they are way better equipped for postLebron than before the trade, youth will always win out when preparing for a rebuild, if Lebron leaves then the duo of Thompson/Smith will be the next to go, Tristan is going to Hollywood to shack up with his Kardashian boyfriend and JR Smith will be a Spur taking over the Ginobili role

Lebron stays if secretly Gilbert sells him the team, if not Lebron is going to the best gm/coach situation because at this point in his career its vital he has a gm/coach that will be willing to do what it takes and a coach who lets him be who he is, the owner has to be all in over the luxury tax like Gilbert as well, which is why Lebron has the Cavs by the balls, as an executor should

Nowhere was I talking about the Cavs...

Raps18-19 Champ
02-27-2018, 09:47 PM
I don't think so this year.

They are kinda think outside of those 2 and they won't mesh well enough. Similar to the Pelicans.

They should do good enough next year though to make it once Blake has a full training camp and they get a few guys via FA/trade.

TylerSL
02-28-2018, 01:36 AM
I think Detroit doesn't have enough games left to catch up. They are on the road for 13 of their final 22 games and are 3.5 GB of #8. They will fall short this year, but they have a really good chance next season. Detroit getting Griffin is similar to New Orleans getting Cousins last year. The Pelicans went 11-14 after the Cousins trade but everyone knew they would be better coming into this season. A full season of Griffin/Drummond will wreak havoc on the Eastern Conference, and so I expect Detroit will be rather good next season.

Ahriman
02-28-2018, 05:55 AM
They're not gonna be in this year. Offense hasn't clicked yet and they're badly missing a starting level PG

Next year maybe... But their cap situation is pretty damn bad, so it will hinge on having all players healthy from the start

Sixers3Fan
02-28-2018, 08:43 AM
I don’t think so. They’ll either have to pass us or the Heat to get in as a possible 7 or 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driven
02-28-2018, 04:32 PM
I'm disappointed by the Pistons, and think that the Hornets are a better team. I don't think Miami is good enough to stick in that 8 spot, but I don't know if either Charlotte or Detroit are truly good enough to take that 8 spot. But I think the Hornets are the best of the three.