PDA

View Full Version : What should the knicks do?

More-Than-Most
02-27-2018, 03:07 AM
Sign porz to the 157 million deal he is allowed to get or trade him away? Here is the article on what he can get and what they should do.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/knicks-can-lock-up-porzingis-through-2024-for-157-million-but-should-they-502578.html

If they give him this deal they should put as many things on it as the sixers did embiid but in all honesty when you factor in where the knicks are and how overrated around the league with the unicorn talk porz is they should trade him.... I think porz has insane potential but he is much higher coveted around basketball than most other players so its a weird situation to say the least.

GREATNESS ONE
02-27-2018, 03:15 AM
Hate to say it but trade KP...

Scoots
02-27-2018, 10:39 AM
Get a new owner.

TrueFan420
02-27-2018, 11:23 AM
Get a new owner.

And front office

Giannis94
02-27-2018, 11:23 AM
Max beasley because there was talk on here that he wan all star.

D-Leethal
02-27-2018, 02:13 PM
Why would they trade KP when he just tore his ACL? Selling KP at bottom tier price is the worst thing they could do. They can't trade him now, they just have to hope he comes back healthy and better for it. They can explore trading him once he does that if that is what they want to do, but they can't trade him now.

IndyRealist
02-28-2018, 09:35 AM
Why would they trade KP when he just tore his ACL? Selling KP at bottom tier price is the worst thing they could do. They can't trade him now, they just have to hope he comes back healthy and better for it. They can explore trading him once he does that if that is what they want to do, but they can't trade him now.
Because if they don't trade him, either they have to give him a $157m extension or piss him off.

Giannis94
02-28-2018, 09:43 AM
This is like the Philly situation from last year except that embi had a much longer and extensive injury history. I think the Knicks go the sake route. Max him and hope it turns out. All you can really do. Probably let KP sit next year to tank

More-Than-Most
02-28-2018, 09:55 AM
This is like the Philly situation from last year except that embi had a much longer and extensive injury history. I think the Knicks go the sake route. Max him and hope it turns out. All you can really do. Probably let KP sit next year to tank

there are 2 big differences... embiid has just been better and the sixers were able to max him and put a ton of protections on his injuries... Porz hasnt been as good and wont accept those same protections... that is a huge deal.

Giannis94
02-28-2018, 10:12 AM
there are 2 big differences... embiid has just been better and the sixers were able to max him and put a ton of protections on his injuries... Porz hasnt been as good and wont accept those same protections... that is a huge deal.

I know what you're saying. But the massive question mark that loomed when the sixes made the decision to max him is similar to this one. Embi has been healthy and the extension looks good now. But no matter how you parse it, there is still that uncertainty of injury and past history. I will give you that embi is a superior player to KP. But the cushion around embi extension is probably more than the Knicks and KP. Because the Knicks literally have norhing outside of KP. And they have been a laughing stick the past 15? (Knicks fans can correct me if that's less) years. While playing in the biggest market (again, correct if wrong) in the league.

More-Than-Most
02-28-2018, 10:36 AM
I know what you're saying. But the massive question mark that loomed when the sixes made the decision to max him is similar to this one. Embi has been healthy and the extension looks good now. But no matter how you parse it, there is still that uncertainty of injury and past history. I will give you that embi is a superior player to KP. But the cushion around embi extension is probably more than the Knicks and KP. Because the Knicks literally have norhing outside of KP. And they have been a laughing stick the past 15? (Knicks fans can correct me if that's less) years. While playing in the biggest market (again, correct if wrong) in the league.

this is correct... i disagree with nothing here.

KnicksorBust
02-28-2018, 12:31 PM

5 years ago they were the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference and knocked the Celtics out in the 1st round.

KnicksorBust
02-28-2018, 12:32 PM
Knicks should max KP and hope he signs bc he is injured. There is a lot more work to be done but locking up KP is the only thing that matters.

NYKalltheway
02-28-2018, 12:33 PM
Get a new owner.

Pretty much.

D-Leethal
02-28-2018, 12:34 PM
Because if they don't trade him, either they have to give him a $157m extension or piss him off.

Isn't he eligible for more money if he waits until the following season? In the Knicks forum it seems like a foregone conclusion that KP's re-up will come in 2019, not this offseason. I don't know all of the particulars but I haven't heard much about resigning KP this year at all.

Either way, his ceiling is way too high even with the injury to trade him at a massive discount or let him walk. You pay the kid and cross your fingers.

LeonFSU
02-28-2018, 12:49 PM
They should definitely resign him.

GREATNESS ONE
02-28-2018, 01:00 PM
They should trade him for a top 3pick in this years draft and getting rid of their big contracts for expirings.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9z9xk9m

Idk something like that, give yourself instant cap space, tank your *** hard for a top 5 pick and gain another top 5 pick from a team like Phoenix who would love to pair KP with Devin Booker.

I want the Knicks to be good, feel bad for NYK fans, they canít catch a break!

IndyRealist
02-28-2018, 01:37 PM
Isn't he eligible for more money if he waits until the following season? In the Knicks forum it seems like a foregone conclusion that KP's re-up will come in 2019, not this offseason. I don't know all of the particulars but I haven't heard much about resigning KP this year at all.

Either way, his ceiling is way too high even with the injury to trade him at a massive discount or let him walk. You pay the kid and cross your fingers.

He is eligible for more next offseason, but that's a gamble on his part. Most players on rookie deals take the extension. He gets injured again and suddenly he's labeled "injury prone" and NYK might see what the market will pay. In RFA Knicks don't have to give their max, only match what another team can offer.

Giannis94
02-28-2018, 01:42 PM
5 years ago they were the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference and knocked the Celtics out in the 1st round.

no way.

TrueFan420
02-28-2018, 01:53 PM
no way.

Yes way but it's not all that impressive when you take into account that the Celtics were the 7 seed.

Giannis94
02-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Yes way but it's not all that impressive when you take into account that the Celtics were the 7 seed.

Look at this roster:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2013.html

Got some real NBA live legends.

R. Johnson#3
02-28-2018, 02:25 PM

I remember that year. That was the year all the delusional Knick fans thought a team full of old geezers meant they'd have continued success for years to come. It's hard to grasp how a team with names like Camby, Kidd, K-Mart, Felton, Chandler, Amare and Sheed completely fell off after one year.

Jamiecballer
02-28-2018, 02:29 PM
I just looked them up. Like 36 wins, 54 and then back down . WTF how did that happen?!?!They forgot why they were successful that season and moved away from it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

D-Leethal
I just looked them up. Like 36 wins, 54 and then back down . WTF how did that happen?!?!

You must be like 13 if you have to go back and "look up" the 2012 Knicks.

Giannis94
I remember that year. That was the year all the delusional Knick fans thought a team full of old geezers meant they'd have continued success for years to come. It's hard to grasp how a team with names like Camby, Kidd, K-Mart, Felton, Chandler, Amare and Sheed completely fell off after one year.

I just looked them up. Like 36 wins, 54 and then back down . WTF how did that happen?!?!

Giannis94
02-28-2018, 03:48 PM
You must be like 13 if you have to go back and "look up" the 2012 Knicks.
Well then if that's true, that means I created my PSD account when I was 3. I just never ever ever remember the Knicks being anything more than a comedy. Including in 2012. And even then they were merely a footnote that ultimately got swept under the rug in the mediocrity of oblivion

TylerSL
02-28-2018, 04:01 PM
The Knicks need a new owner but seeing as how they aren't going to get one, they need to extend Porzingis. New York hasn't drafted a player of his caliber since Patrick Ewing. KP is only 22 years old and is averaging 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 blocks for a career. He was averaging a career high in points, blocks, steals, and 3 point% this season before his injury. It usually takes 4-7 years for players to truly enter their prime. Porzingis, barring injury, will enter his true prime in the next 5 years.

The Knicks have a couple years to build around him. They are going to get another lottery pick this summer and they need to make a good selection with that pick. As Porzingis gets better and some of the younger talent develops, New York may become a more attractive free agent destination. They need to stop littering their books with bad contracts like Joakim Noah and Courtney Lee. If they do all that they may be able to actually compete by the time KP's 5-year extension is finished. The Knicks won't be able to compete for much of anything for the next year or two, but they need to re-sign Porzingis with the next 12-15 years in mind, he's a 22-year old sensation. If they trade him for assets he will spend his best days helping another organization win and the Knicks and their fans will always wonder what could have been, just like the Oklahoma City Thunder after the James Harden trade.

tp13baby
02-28-2018, 04:35 PM
Resign him. Itís a no brainer. They are no where near competing, really no prospects that are real intriguing. Trade guys that are worth anything that donít fit your timeline. Draft well. Signing Porzy gives you a chance to be a East contender in a few years as for trading him doesnít.

KnicksorBust
03-01-2018, 12:47 PM
The Knicks need a new owner but seeing as how they aren't going to get one, they need to extend Porzingis. New York hasn't drafted a player of his caliber since Patrick Ewing. KP is only 22 years old and is averaging 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 blocks for a career. He was averaging a career high in points, blocks, steals, and 3 point% this season before his injury. It usually takes 4-7 years for players to truly enter their prime. Porzingis, barring injury, will enter his true prime in the next 5 years.

The Knicks have a couple years to build around him. They are going to get another lottery pick this summer and they need to make a good selection with that pick. As Porzingis gets better and some of the younger talent develops, New York may become a more attractive free agent destination. They need to stop littering their books with bad contracts like Joakim Noah and Courtney Lee. If they do all that they may be able to actually compete by the time KP's 5-year extension is finished. The Knicks won't be able to compete for much of anything for the next year or two, but they need to re-sign Porzingis with the next 12-15 years in mind, he's a 22-year old sensation. If they trade him for assets he will spend his best days helping another organization win and the Knicks and their fans will always wonder what could have been, just like the Oklahoma City Thunder after the James Harden trade.

Yup. His injury opens the door to a year and a half season of suffering but hopefully we emerge with 2-3 young players (including a top draft pick) and when he comes back those long brutal contracts will be a year and a half shorter and we will have a core to build around him into his prime. It could work out as long we don't sign any long term contracts this summer and draft the right player. Gotta tank into oblivion though. Need to be a top 5 pick.

Tg11
03-01-2018, 06:18 PM
They should trade him for a top 3pick in this years draft and getting rid of their big contracts for expirings.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9z9xk9m

Idk something like that, give yourself instant cap space, tank your *** hard for a top 5 pick and gain another top 5 pick from a team like Phoenix who would love to pair KP with Devin Booker.

I want the Knicks to be good, feel bad for NYK fans, they canít catch a break!

That is what the Knicks should do but they aren't smart enough to do any of that

KnicksorBust
03-02-2018, 03:42 PM
That is what the Knicks should do but they aren't smart enough to do any of that

Trading Porzingis is the exact opposite of what we should do. He's the best player we've had in 25 years and people want the Knicks to trade him. :laugh:

More-Than-Most
03-02-2018, 03:50 PM
Trading Porzingis is the exact opposite of what we should do. He's the best player we've had in 25 years and people want the Knicks to trade him. :laugh:

He has the most potential of any of your players over those 25 years that is for sure... he could be insanely special and even now is highly regarding to a point he has become overrated by executives and well known players around the league... that is all a positive for the stand point of trading him.... where the knicks currently are is another huge positive for trading him... all this means you guys could get a kings ransom on top of a great pick this year that could jump the rebuild into blastoff mode and get out of the gates and further along faster which equates to a extremely quick rebuild.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-02-2018, 04:43 PM
lol. no he isn't. he has potential to be absolutley. but KP isn't better at his Peak (this year) than Carmelo, arguably in any season as Knick, even in Mel's worst season. Numbers wise.

KingstonHawke
03-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Unicorn for Fultz, it's great for both teams and both players.

Philly is ready to win now and Simmons, KP, and Embiid could possibly even entice LeBron (it won't, but it could). KP's style of play fits that team perfectly. And his body would benefit from reduced usage, and a training staff that is very patient.

Knicks get younger, healthier, and save money, all while getting back one of the few young players with a ceiling as high as KP's. If the Knicks develop them right and have some luck Fultz, Mudiay, and Frank could end up being an amazing PG/SG rotation.

I actually wanted the Knicks to make this deal this year before the KP injury. Probably could've got them to take Noah, and throw in both Saric and Okafor. Deal would've been a complete steal!

Beltrans Mole
03-02-2018, 04:59 PM

Philly is ready to win now and Simmons, KP, and Embiid could possibly even entice LeBron (it won't, but it could). KP's style of play fits that team perfectly. And his body would benefit from reduced usage, and a training staff that is very patient.

Knicks get younger, healthier, and save money, all while getting back one of the few young players with a ceiling as high as KP's. If the Knicks develop them right and have some luck Fultz, Mudiay, and Frank could end up being an amazing PG/SG rotation.

I actually wanted the Knicks to make this deal this year before the KP injury. Probably could've got them to take Noah, and throw in both Saric and Okafor. Deal would've been a complete steal!

you really think the Knicks would give away KP for FULTZ? LOLOL

HeartOfStarks
03-02-2018, 06:13 PM
lol. no he isn't. he has potential to be absolutley. but KP isn't better at his Peak (this year) than Carmelo, arguably in any season as Knick, even in Mel's worst season. Numbers wise.

KP plays both ends of the court, Melo never did. Prime Melo was a monster simply because he was unstoppable on offense, I'll give you that. But his Knicks years were underwhelming. He was here for 6 or 7 seasons and we basically had 1 good one with him, maybe 2 over .500; we just got his declining years pretty much. He peaked early.

HeartOfStarks
03-02-2018, 06:14 PM

Is this even accurate? What's the latest on Fultz's bermuda triangle shoulder?

More-Than-Most
03-02-2018, 06:26 PM

it would probably take fultz and the lakers lottery pick this year... i wouldnt do it if i were the sixers... not with kp injury issues right now/contract situation likely and his size.

Jamiecballer
03-02-2018, 06:33 PM
I feel like the knicks will keep him. I think there is a reasonably good chance it turns out poorly based on the injury and other things but its very rare for a front office to show the kind of courage it would take to trade away someone who could be very special before it falls apart - if it falls apart at all. They owe the fans to roll the dice here.

HeartOfStarks
03-02-2018, 06:40 PM
I feel like the knicks will keep him. I think there is a reasonably good chance it turns out poorly based on the injury and other things but its very rare for a front office to show the kind of courage it would take to trade away someone who could be very special before it falls apart - if it falls apart at all.

It's okay you can say "because it's the Knicks" haha we are legit cursed

KingstonHawke
03-02-2018, 08:46 PM

Of course not... the question is what "should" they do. Some of y'all are so prisoner of the moment that you don't realize how good Fultz is going to be. 5 years from now he'll probably be the better player of the two.

Is this even accurate? What's the latest on Fultz's bermuda triangle shoulder?

You rather have a gaurd dealing with an upper body injury, or a big dealing with a lower body injury?

it would probably take fultz and the lakers lottery pick this year... i wouldnt do it if i were the sixers... not with kp injury issues right now/contract situation likely and his size.

This is how you can tell it's a realistic trade. Half of the crowd says no way the Knicks would be robbing the Sixers, the other half says the Sixers would be robbing the Knicks. As long as each GM falls on the right side of the equation, then it's a deal. If either doesn't, then their player isn't available anyway so what does it matter?

HeartOfStarks
03-02-2018, 09:02 PM
Of course not... the question is what "should" they do. Some of y'all are so prisoner of the moment that you don't realize how good Fultz is going to be. 5 years from now he'll probably be the better player of the two.

You rather have a gaurd dealing with an upper body injury, or a big dealing with a lower body injury?

This is how you can tell it's a realistic trade. Half of the crowd says no way the Knicks would be robbing the Sixers, the other half says the Sixers would be robbing the Knicks. As long as each GM falls on the right side of the equation, then it's a deal. If either doesn't, then their player isn't available anyway so what does it matter?

This is fair but you're not taking into account the fact that KP looked like a borderline top 20 player in the league this season and Fultz hasn't stepped on an NBA court yet, so we have no idea how good he'll actually be in this league.

It's a gamble. If I'm the Knicks I don't think I'd deal KP for Fultz straight up, although I understand money wise it could be the right move; it's a gamble either way though.

Giannis94
03-02-2018, 09:43 PM

Lolol. Can you imagine a porzy and embi front court? That's like the ultimate boom or bust front court. $305 million invested into 2 injury prone players with massive upside

More-Than-Most
03-03-2018, 05:05 AM
Lolol. Can you imagine a porzy and embi front court? That's like the ultimate boom or bust front court. $305 million invested into 2 injury prone players with massive upside

Yup... there is no way id risk it... With our luck KP and Embiid would dive for the ball and hurt each other.

Giannis94
03-03-2018, 12:13 PM
nvm

Beltrans Mole
03-03-2018, 12:17 PM

KP is 22 years old. He's a STAR. Fultz hasn't even sniffed an NBA game yet. Yes he has POTENTIAL of course he does he was the #1 overall pick. KP's injury while severe won't deter him from coming back strong since he's still young enough to heal quickly and ACL injuries aren't what they used to be. You can tell me Fultz will be the better player in 5 years and I can argue that to the death but the point is KP is a sure thing, the guy is a stud RIGHT NOW and will be entering his prime over the next couple years. Fultz is still correcting his jump shot...

mightybosstone
03-03-2018, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry, but anyone who suggests the Knicks should trade Porzingis is seriously misinformed. That's just completely ignorant. If you have a 22-year-old who just made his first All-Star game and clearly has a ton of untapped potential, you lock that guy down for as long as you can and overspend as much as you have to. Period.

Porzingis has "perennial All-Star and top 10-15 player in the league" written all over him, and you always keep those guys unless you just absolutely have to trade them. He's not there yet, but he's way too close for the Knicks to even consider the thought of dealing him. Teams never get equal value for star talent. Ever. And this is the first time in how long that the Knicks have had a young player with this kind of potential? Maybe since Ewing?

Even if the Knicks dealt Porzingis and somehow landed a top 3 pick in the process, the likelihood that the drafted player would be as good as him is not good. I'm award that the Knicks salary situation is a joke, but if you were willing to overpay the likes of Noah and Hardaway, you ABSOLUTELY have to be willing to overpay for Porzingis. And not maxing him would just compound on the mistakes they already made.

So should they max Porzingis? ****ing absolutely. End of story. /thread

Jamiecballer
03-03-2018, 07:19 PM
Yeah i take back my earlier take on this. I forgot specifically what the injury was and heard a bunch of talking heads predict future doom and gloom. ACL, he'll be fine, it just sets you back a year or 2.

Missing56&33
03-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Well, when all the Phil Jackson mess was going on and Phil was rumored to be shopping KP, I wasn't totally against it. KP is a very good basketball player, but his physical weaknesses are a major concern for me as a fan. I can honestly say, I don't know if his body is able to hold up with a rebuilding project(KP being the centerpiece)the Knicks are currently in.

If I had to make a decision now....I would hold off on maxing him out.

The Knicks are rebuilding...we have so many holes to fill. I think the draft is the best way to fill those holes and hope we can find another Patrick Ewing....a guy that we can build around. KP is a second option player at best....he's no AD, KI or KAT.

I don't know much about our GM and his ability to manage a franchise but a trade is something that has to be done right. We have to get a first rounder for KP ...we have to have multiple first round picks....

Danny Ainge is a perfect example of great GM work.

Giannis94
03-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Those suggesting Fultz as a headliner need to gtfo. I could see it if they hadn't screwed up the fultz trade

More-Than-Most
03-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Those suggesting Fultz as a headliner need to gtfo. I could see it if they hadn't screwed up the fultz trade

why exactly cant Fultz be a headliner for the trade? Let me ask you something who do you think has more value right now in the league if you were to trade them... fultz or last years ROY brog??? I can tell you right now every GM takes fultz without a 2nd thought... Fultz hasnt played but the insane upside doesnt just vanish because he hasnt played much like ahem SIMMONS.

Jamiecballer
03-04-2018, 12:58 AM
why exactly cant Fultz be a headliner for the trade? Let me ask you something who do you think has more value right now in the league if you were to trade them... fultz or last years ROY brog??? I can tell you right now every GM takes fultz without a 2nd thought... Fultz hasnt played but the insane upside doesnt just vanish because he hasnt played much like ahem SIMMONS.Yes, someone would gamble on Fultz over last years rookie of the year, a guy who won an absolutely dreadful class and has practically peaked. But until Fultz proves he isn't completely broken there isn't a gm in the league that would trade a good player for him.

More-Than-Most
03-04-2018, 01:30 AM
Yes, someone would gamble on Fultz over last years rookie of the year, a guy who won an absolutely dreadful class and has practically peaked. But until Fultz proves he isn't completely broken there isn't a gm in the league that would trade a good player for him.

Fultz wont get you Porz... But fultz/lakers lottery pick plus a TLC or something very well would be a nice package... that is basically 3 first round picks and 2 of which are lottery picks.

Jamiecballer
03-04-2018, 09:50 AM
Fultz wont get you Porz... But fultz/lakers lottery pick plus a TLC or something very well would be a nice package... that is basically 3 first round picks and 2 of which are lottery picks.

nah man. until he steps on an NBA court he has zero value. nba gm's have the same access to instagram and twitter we do. they've seen the same videos we have.

More-Than-Most
03-04-2018, 11:01 AM
nah man. until he steps on an NBA court he has zero value. nba gm's have the same access to instagram and twitter we do. they've seen the same videos we have.

You cant actually believe this

Hustla23
03-04-2018, 11:18 AM
Fultz's situation is one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen in the NBA. I don't think anyone would want to risk much trying to get him at this point.

If he comes back and performs well, then his value skyrockets back to where it was pre-season, but as of right now, no way he gets back a significant return.

Giannis94
03-04-2018, 12:00 PM
why exactly cant Fultz be a headliner for the trade? Let me ask you something who do you think has more value right now in the league if you were to trade them... fultz or last years ROY brog??? I can tell you right now every GM takes fultz without a 2nd thought... Fultz hasnt played but the insane upside doesnt just vanish because he hasnt played much like ahem SIMMONS.

Why can't fultz be a headliner? He's a huge lottery ticket. Not only does he have mechanical problems, there are other things I don't know how to phrase but I guess would be "psychological" instabilities? I dunno if we've seen guys with those type of things so out in the public aside from like Roy White?

And why are you bringing up Brogdon, exactly? If you explain that in a way that makes sense (I know, highly unlikely) and I'll give an answer.

More-Than-Most
03-04-2018, 01:18 PM
Why can't fultz be a headliner? He's a huge lottery ticket. Not only does he have mechanical problems, there are other things I don't know how to phrase but I guess would be "psychological" instabilities? I dunno if we've seen guys with those type of things so out in the public aside from like Roy White?

And why are you bringing up Brogdon, exactly? If you explain that in a way that makes sense (I know, highly unlikely) and I'll give an answer.

try to keep up... brog IS LAST YEAR ROY... Why would i not debate value with a current rookie while using last years ROY winner?

R. Johnson#3
03-04-2018, 03:11 PM
You cant actually believe this

Would you ever consider taking a chance on Royce White if he made a comeback? I ask this because I believe Fultz's problem is mental.

LaVar Ball
03-04-2018, 03:42 PM
And front office

It all starts with ownership

KingstonHawke
03-04-2018, 04:42 PM
This is fair but you're not taking into account the fact that KP looked like a borderline top 20 player in the league this season and Fultz hasn't stepped on an NBA court yet, so we have no idea how good he'll actually be in this league.

It's a gamble. If I'm the Knicks I don't think I'd deal KP for Fultz straight up, although I understand money wise it could be the right move; it's a gamble either way though.

You're making the mistake a lot of people are. It's not Fultz vs KP, it's Fultz + a FA worth $25m per + a higher draft pick.

They could even combine that money and pick to go after a max type player. Look at what DeAngelo Russel was dealt for. Would you not trade Russel + Fultz for a hurt KP?

Agreed. I don't love paying either as a first option. But as 2nd and 3rd options depending on the night (Ben Simmons should dominate the ball more and more as his jumper improves) I'd love that gamble. Especially in Philly, in the east. They've been bad so long, they'd be so happy to roll the dice.

KP is 22 years old. He's a STAR. Fultz hasn't even sniffed an NBA game yet. Yes he has POTENTIAL of course he does he was the #1 overall pick. KP's injury while severe won't deter him from coming back strong since he's still young enough to heal quickly and ACL injuries aren't what they used to be. You can tell me Fultz will be the better player in 5 years and I can argue that to the death but the point is KP is a sure thing, the guy is a stud RIGHT NOW and will be entering his prime over the next couple years. Fultz is still correcting his jump shot...

"KP's injury while severe won't deter him from coming back strong" I hate when people say things like this. Neither of us know how well he will recover. I mentioned trading Derrick Rose when his knees were failing him and everyone laughed and said he'd be fine. Guess what, he NEVER regained form and his value decreased year by year. Lower body injuries and high usage players don't match. If Curry couldn't spend half his time without the ball his legs would've given out a while ago.

Giannis94
03-04-2018, 05:35 PM
You're making the mistake a lot of people are. It's not Fultz vs KP, it's Fultz + a FA worth $25m per + a higher draft pick.

They could even combine that money and pick to go after a max type player. Look at what DeAngelo Russel was dealt for. Would you not trade Russel + Fultz for a hurt KP?

Agreed. I don't love paying either as a first option. But as 2nd and 3rd options depending on the night (Ben Simmons should dominate the ball more and more as his jumper improves) I'd love that gamble. Especially in Philly, in the east. They've been bad so long, they'd be so happy to roll the dice.

"KP's injury while severe won't deter him from coming back strong" I hate when people say things like this. Neither of us know how well he will recover. I mentioned trading Derrick Rose when his knees were failing him and everyone laughed and said he'd be fine. Guess what, he NEVER regained form and his value decreased year by year. Lower body injuries and high usage players don't match. If Curry couldn't spend half his time without the ball his legs would've given out a while ago.
I agree. I respect embi for what he's gone through. But until he proves he can stay healthy for a legit period of time (say th duration of his contract) I have a hard time trusting him as a reliable $150 mill franchise player. Obviously Philly was in the right for doing it. But I think say lebron will most definitely take his health into consideration when making a decision ig he wants to visit Philly in fa. And I could easily see him passing for that reason. Because Philly without embi is no more desirable than any other destination

On mobile. Will respond to MTMS other trash post that makes absolutely no sense later.

Jamiecballer
03-04-2018, 05:35 PM
You cant actually believe thisI do. 76ers fan?

Giannis94
03-05-2018, 02:25 PM
try to keep up... brog IS LAST YEAR ROY... Why would i not debate value with a current rookie while using last years ROY winner?

That makes no sense. Porzy never won ROY. So based on your logic, because Broggy won ROY, he is automatically better than Porzy who didn't? Given that you brought up Broggy under that presidence, that is the only correlation I see.

HeartOfStarks
03-05-2018, 03:08 PM

Cap space literally never works for the Knicks. In fact it basically always hurts us because we never ever sign the right guy.

I get it, it's intriguing. But KP is the type of player you can go through multiple drafts with high picks trying to get and fail to land. Who's to say we don't take that pick and draft an Okafor or a Beasley or a Thabeet or Jonny Flynn etc etc... The draft is great and I love it and high picks are of course super valuable but again... it's a gamble.

KP if he returns healthy is a sure thing. The dude is still 2-3 years out from his prime. I just don't see us trading him tbh.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Even if it doesnt work out long term, paying him is really the only option. This is partially why I was on board trading him to Celtics last year, if the offer was as good as we all thought it was.

Personally I wouldn't even consider KP for Fultz, unless Philly sweetens the pot significantly. Selfishly, for a couple of years I've wanted to see KP play with Embiid.

GREATNESS ONE
03-05-2018, 07:51 PM
KP to Phoenix for their top 3 pick, Josh Jackson and ability to salary dump some of those bad contracts.