PDA

View Full Version : The Clippers are still classless; fire off dirty tweet after JB Injury

Giannis94
02-25-2018, 09:37 AM
Anyone else see the tweet the Clippers sent put after the JB Injury? I thought it was a joke at first. And then I saw the verified account stuff. But wtf. Seems like not much has changed in the past few years.

Am on mobile so I have attached a link below

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uproxx.com/dimemag/clippers-tweet-lou-williams-jimmy-butler-injury/amp/

lakerfan85
02-25-2018, 10:19 AM
You donít **** with Lou Will!!

Bausman
02-25-2018, 10:45 AM
You donít **** with Lou Will!!

Agreed. That was karma.

Bad move by clips tho.

tp13baby
02-25-2018, 12:18 PM
Lou Will is half the player Butler is. Happens he plays for a sorry *** organization being the only scorer on LALís ***** team. A team that has its own embarrassing moments with racism and such back at it again.

They should be fired. Clippers organization should be fined.

Scoots
02-25-2018, 03:20 PM
It doesn't clearly have anything to do with Butler.

Giannis94
02-25-2018, 03:47 PM
It doesn't clearly have anything to do with Butler.

lol give me a break.

Aside from the fact that that was at 9:55 PM. Assuming that tweet above is EST/CST making the time either 8:55 or 9:55. Injury happened in 3rd quarter. I was drinking that night (CST) and I feel like it was closer to 8:45 as I headed out shortly leading me to think the time-stamp above is CST and the injury occured just before the 2 hour mark, at 8:55- which matches up with the late 3rd quarter.

Scoots
02-25-2018, 04:33 PM
lol give me a break.

Aside from the fact that that was at 9:55 PM. Assuming that tweet above is EST/CST making the time either 8:55 or 9:55. Injury happened in 3rd quarter. I was drinking that night (CST) and I feel like it was closer to 8:45 as I headed out shortly leading me to think the time-stamp above is CST and the injury occured just before the 2 hour mark, at 8:55- which matches up with the late 3rd quarter.

You are still making assumptions.

Giannis94
02-25-2018, 04:38 PM
You are still making assumptions.
LOL whatever you say.

Yessir. Sorry sir.

Scoots
02-25-2018, 04:47 PM
LOL whatever you say.

Yessir. Sorry sir.

Are you already drunk?

nastynice
02-25-2018, 05:08 PM
That does look kinda bad, but like Scoots said, hard to say 100% that it was directed at butler. Lou Will did have himself a night on Friday too, dropped 35.

Giannis94
02-25-2018, 05:29 PM
Are you already drunk?
Not today. You?

Who's making assumptions now?

Scoots
02-25-2018, 06:02 PM
Not today. You?

Who's making assumptions now?

Asking a question is not making an assumption.

Leftcoast_yg
02-25-2018, 09:25 PM
Asking a question is not making an assumption.

Doints maybe?

Cracka2HI!
02-27-2018, 04:01 AM
Not sure the title is fair. This was probably about the Butler injury but it could have been a 19 year old intern controlling the twitter feed at that time. Not sure it was "The Clippers" who were classless there. The tweet was erased and may have been brought down when The Clippers actually figured out it was up.

BSF101
02-27-2018, 04:41 AM
Its been deleted can some PM me what was said please?

Giannis94
02-27-2018, 10:28 AM

Right after JB's injury the clips tweeted a picture of Lou Williams in front of a smirkey face/emoji.. Definitely at the butler situation. Nothing else was happening at that time.

Scoots
02-27-2018, 10:37 AM

Nothing at all was said, it was just Williams and an emoji, and the rest of it is people assuming it was about Butler.

Giannis94
02-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Nothing at all was said, it was just Williams and an emoji, and the rest of it is people assuming it was about Butler.

Because it was posted shortly after the injury occured. By you assuming that it was not about the butler injury, you are also making a biased assumption assuming that the clips have class or that people are not stupid and wouldn't do that.

nastynice
02-27-2018, 12:38 PM
Right after JB's injury the clips tweeted a picture of Lou Williams in front of a smirkey face/emoji.. Definitely at the butler situation. Nothing else was happening at that time.

Actually, Lou Will dropped a cool 35 that night

nastynice
02-27-2018, 12:39 PM

Had I not heard anything and just came across the tweet, I wouldn't even have connected the two (Jimmy butler injury)

Scoots
02-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Because it was posted shortly after the injury occured. By you assuming that it was not about the butler injury, you are also making a biased assumption assuming that the clips have class or that people are not stupid and wouldn't do that.

No. Me saying there isn't proof it was about Butler is not the same thing as making an assumption it was not about Butler.

BSF101
02-27-2018, 08:08 PM

I saw that Smiley face Emoji but didn't think at the time it had to do with JB.

warfelg
02-27-2018, 08:18 PM
Itís didnít. They were using his 35 pts to throw shade at the ASG snub independent of the Butler injury.

BSF101
02-27-2018, 08:23 PM

Itís didnít. They were using his 35 pts to throw shade at the ASG snub independent of the Butler injury.

So in other words some people were upset over nothing.

warfelg
02-27-2018, 08:47 PM
So in other words some people were upset over nothing.

Si senor.

Cracka2HI!
02-27-2018, 10:10 PM

This is ridiculous. Clearly a troll thread made by a troll. I myself think it may have been about Butler. It was a dick move for sure if true. To call an entire organization classless because of a mistake by 1 person who means about as much to the organization as I do as a fan is absurd. You think Steve Balmer or Doc Rivers controls the teams Twitter feed? Anyone who knows the type of employee that handles a twitter feed can tell you it was probably a low-mid level marketing employee. If it was done on purpose, probably a former employee.

Giannis94
02-27-2018, 11:16 PM
This is ridiculous. Clearly a troll thread made by a troll. I myself think it may have been about Butler. It was a dick move for sure if true. To call an entire organization classless because of a mistake by 1 person who means about as much to the organization as I do as a fan is absurd. You think Steve Balmer or Doc Rivers controls the teams Twitter feed? Anyone who knows the type of employee that handles a twitter feed can tell you it was probably a low-mid level marketing employee. If it was done on purpose, probably a former employee.

This wasn't a troll thread. And I'm not a troll. The timing of the tweet sparked some controversy online. And I thought the same. But I acknowledge now that it could have gone the other way. And probably not about the butler injury..